Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

» Duty and War(Rowan/Yavanna Rank Up)
by Orgoth Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:01 pm

» A Dragon's Heart (Part 1)
by The Narrator Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 am

» The Gathering Storm (Undead Event Part 1)
by The Narrator Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:33 am

» Gohan Maedar (WIP)
by Orgoth Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:22 am

» Xinra Kal'Dior (Crew of Raya's Gambit)
by Orgoth Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:53 am

» The Blackspire Riders(Orgoth)
by Orgoth Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:44 pm

» Rank up Purchases
by Zenke Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:54 am

Affiliates

The hounds with red fangs(Orgoth & Jun)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The hounds with red fangs(Orgoth & Jun) - Page 2 Empty Re: The hounds with red fangs(Orgoth & Jun)

Post by Orgoth Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:55 pm

Kairi eyed the Undari warily, before the sound of hooves drew her attention. Bethany emerged from the treeline, diving from her horse and aiming an attack at Arilia's back. Kairi shouted in protest, but she was cut off by a shimmering portal appearing in the way. A hand emerged and struck Bethany to the ground. A female figure then emerged from the portal and slapped Arilia across the face, chiding the Undari for her disobedience. Kairi gripped her weapon tightly and moved towards Rex. The woman moved forwards and began to survey Kairi and Rex as potential recruits. Bethany demanded to know where Aline was, but the woman ignored and turned to Kairi, praising her in a sinister sort of way. Kairi simply glared at the woman, but said nothing. She didn't recognize her by her appearance, but the way Kaziel and Arilia treated her with fearful deference when they were summoned to her side told Kairi that this must be the Hargrave that Kaziel referred to before.

Lina Hargrave then introduced herself as such, but by this stage Bethany was beginning to lose her temper. The Asentari again demanded to know Aline's location, but Hargrave dismissively revealed that her crew no longer possessed the leader of Edaria, and that she was in the hands of the Nyberrite Alliance. Kairi took a step forward, gripping her weapon and shield tightly. "Then we'll figure it out. Whatever it takes. I will not allow the already-volatile situation in the region to degenerate into war because of you." Kairi's weapon changed back into sword mode and she stepped up to Hargrave. Too many lives depended on them to back down now. "If you get in our way, you will regret it." Hargrave was clearly powerful to have such a grip over talented fighters like Kaziel and Arilia, but Kairi had made her decision. Something had to give.
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Experience : 1693

Resources
Resources: 5600

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The hounds with red fangs(Orgoth & Jun) - Page 2 Empty Re: The hounds with red fangs(Orgoth & Jun)

Post by Jun Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:26 pm

Rex looked on while Beth burst onto the field. And nearly got the...fish girl? He still wasn't sure what she was. Unfortunately, Hargrave showed up through a magic portal, and knocked Beth away. While the newcomer chided the woman, Beth slinked over to him and Kairi. He was about speak up to her when Beth growled at her to leave him alone.

Rex made sure to appear not completely against the idea of going with her, if it meant finding Aline...besides, his mother would come for him. He at least got an answer to what the other woman was. An Undari...he'd have to ask about that one. But obviously she was pretty rare then. Though he got confused then. He didn't know who ruled Karcenak, just that he should avoid there at all costs.

But obviously Beth knew what was going on. Kairi made a bold statement. One that he had to admire. There was one thing to do. Looking over at Beth, he spoke. "I think it's time we turn up the heat a little...a quick one-two scatter and punch?" His eyes glowed real briefly, hoping that Beth would get the hint to use her fire breath to scatter them.

Then he himself would go to whoever seemed to be in the most vulnerable position and use his lightning breath, hopefully either crippling this Hargrave lady or Kaziel, or taking Arilia out of the fight already.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Experience : 1458

Resources
Resources: 8060

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:08 pm

Hargrave gave a condescending clap of her hands as Kairi finished her resolved speech."Well said, Miss Thorn. I do hope you succeed. As for getting in your way? Not a chance. I'll just take the asentari and go." She said, grinning at Rex. Bethany snarled. "You're not going anywhere. I'm going to gut you you sow!" She said, drawing both her swords and charging as Rex suggested a one two punch approach. She got close and let out a blast of fire that sent the trio scattering, the boy summoning stone to shield himself as the undari dived aside. Hargrave moved left without urgency, avoiding the flames but leaving her flank open to Rex who followed up with his lightning breath.

It was a direct hit, or would have been but the undari threw herself into the path of the lightning, activating a shield of water. She took the hit head on, and was thrown back sparking and twitching, her Mistress merely stepping aside and letting the girl hit the ground. Bethany felt pure disgust at the woman before her. She charged forward and lunged, blades flashing. Hargrave dodged and wistled, and then the boy was between her and Bethany, his own blade flashing as he faught her back.

Lina cast a glance at the undari who lay twitching on the ground, then turned to the asentari and Kairi. "I hope she's not dead. I'll have to punish you severely for that, boy." She stepped forward, her eyes flashing. "I wonder what you two fear. Lets find out." Her form flickered, and an illusion settled over her taking on the form of the most hated, most feared person who lived in each of the asentari's and humans hearts. To each of them, she would look like a tormentor from their past right down to her voice sounding differently to them, her presence feeling different. She had no idea who haunted them, their minds took care of filling in the gaps. She smiled at them. "Come, show me those teeth." She crooned.

Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Experience : 2289

Resources
Resources: 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:19 pm

Kairi narrowed her eyes at Hargrave's response, but before she could react, the next step was decided for her. Bethany surged forward and unleashed her fire breath at the enemy. The trio scattered, with the Undari diving out of the way while Hargrave merely sidestepped and Kaziel raised a stone barrier to protect himself. Kairi herself moved when Rex came shooting in and used his own breath attack to try and hit Hargrave from the side. It would have succeeded, but the Undari had other plans, diving in front of the blast in a show of blind loyalty. "No!" Kairi ran over to the fallen girl where she lay twitching on the ground. She wanted to help, but she couldn't leave Rex and Bethany to fight on their own. She looked to Hargrave as the woman spoke about what they feared and moved forward, eyes flashing.

At that moment, Kairi looked on as Hargrave's form shifted to that of Argesh, a dreaded face from her past. She shook her head, advancing slowly with a look of pure determination on her face. "Your parlor tricks are meaningless here." After all, Argesh was very much dead. She had seen to it herself. A voice came from somewhere, causing her to stop dead in her tracks. A voice that was so familiar, but also completely alien to her. "Actually... that was me, if you recall correctly." Kairi looked around in fear trying to make sense of the voice, until she looked back to Hargrave and it all became clear. Where the image of Hargrave once stood was now Kairi, ragged slave outfit covered in blood, her hand tightly gripping the heart that she had pulled out of the chest of Argesh, all those years ago. The real Kairi stared for a moment, unsure what to do, before suddenyl making up her mind and charging at the image, far more recklessly than normal. "Enough! Begone!" Kairi aimed a spear thrust at the image's head, transitioning into a backhanded shield strike. She would back away breathing heavily, eyes wide with fear.
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:22 am

Rex didn't get the target. The Undari girl got in the way. "Idiot." The blond muttered underneath his breath as he backed away. Shrugging, Rex responded to Hargrave. "She shouldn't have gotten in the way. You look like you can take a hit or two. If she can fight on par with any of us, that won't kill her...though certainly looks like she's feeling it a bit more than normal." A weakness to lightning. Still, it was doubtful she would die from that.

He was about to stalk towards her as well when he saw her form morphed into that of his father's, stopping him dead in his tracks and making him backtrack. Jaw clenched, he growled as his eyes narrowed, very visibly bristling. He knew this feeling. Fear. "You're dead. I saw the Primoris Rex crack your skull open like an egg." He started to twirl his scythe, but stayed glued. A combination of rage and horror circulated in his body, and battling it out. Kairi making a move took him out of his stupor. Instead of actually listening to her, it was her actions, even if influenced by her own illusion, that got him to think clearly.

Nine years. And the sight of the dead man still sent him reeling. Rex looked ashamed at himself. Straightening up his stance, he realized what this was. An illusion. Closing his eyes, electricity sparked at his neck and around his head. He opened them up again with clarity, focusing on Hargrave, a shit eating grin plastered on his face. "Nine years and I still can't face the man that made my life hell...too bad this is a team fight, Hargrave, or that might have effected me a bit longer..."

Rex moved to the side so that Hargrave was between him and Kairi, and closing all the while. He took a swipe to take her head. Then dove into an outward, diagonal right to left slash with his sword. And then jumped and twisted past her into a slash with his scythe to bisect her. He would be beside Kairi at this point. "Calm yourself. Illusions focus on messing with your emotions with images and sounds, particularly ones focused on fear. Go. Focus on Kaziel. If I have to go with her to get her to leave you two alone with that guy, for you two to find Aline, I will. The stability of the region, hell, just the fragile peace between Mondolin and Edia is worth more than my life."
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:03 pm

Bethany looked towards Kairi and Rex fighting the Hargrave woman, to find her father staring at her. She watched quietly as he grinned, a spear of stone through his chest and blood leaking down his front. She couldn't take her eyes away, until she seen a flash of steel and the little shit Kaziel tried to take her head off. She blocked the swing and staggered back.  "Eyes on me, fire breathing bitch." Bethany growled, and drew her second sword, then charged. Kaziel slash at he chest but she parried it aside and tried to drive her sword into his gut. He turned to the side, the blade sliding past him, and used his strength to force her back.

With a lunge, he slashed and hacked at her like the last time they faught, cutting her in several places as she tried to keep up and her skin to hold. Bethany began to flag, already wounded and exausted from hours of chasing and fighting, and each blow she blocked was a little weaker. The boy seen it and his grin widened as he beat her back more and more and it was all she could do to stop herself being impaled or seriously wounded.

"Don't be so hard on her, she's just showing her loyalty. One day you'll happily throw yourself in front of attacks for me too." Hargrave said. She watched their reactions to the mental assault illusion and grinned, until Rex figured out what was going on and cancelled his. "Oh you spoilsport." She crooned. "But interesting ability." Kairi wasn't fairing as well against what she called parlor tricks, and even charged at Lina spear poised to strike. Moment's before the spear Pierced through her heart, through the heart of what ever Kairi was fighting, Lina vanished leaving a copy that to Kairi would still look like what ever she'd seen but would be Lina to Rex and then the image began to crumble. Lina appeared in a blink of light next to Rex.

"I have other tricks up my sleeve, little Asentari, how many times can you use that ability of yours?" She asked. Rex responded with an all out assault with his Scythe. She ducked the swipe and tutted as he dove to the side and attempted a double slash, all the while trying to get Kairi at her back. Lina continued to smile at Rex as she neatly stepped around his blows. He finished off his assault by trying to bisect her as he leapt over her, and forced her to actually step back in a flash step like motion that left behind another illusion that split in half in a spray of blood and gore. Positioned perfectly behind it, the illusion fell appart revealing her to be perfectly intact.

"That was an impressive display." She said with a smile as Rex tried to calm Kairi who was looking more irate by the second. Rex told Kairi he'd go with Lina if he had to, to get her to let the others go save Aline. Lina grinned. "I'm amenable to that. I'll even take Kaziel with me, and I might even clear a path. There's a few Red fang leaders I'd like gone, so no better time to start some internal conflicts than while you to are trying to save the world. You look more than up to the task of killing them for me, Asentari. Not until you've learned to obey the leash though."

Last edited by Zenke on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:59 pm

"What's the matter, my love? Did you really think I was gone?" Kairi closed her eyes, trying to re-assemble her mental defenses. "Like I told you back then, I'll always be with you." Kairi shook her head, focusing on her balance and equilibrium, which the current feeling of fear was affecting. Suddenly, she heard Rex talking from beside her, and she opened her eyes to see that the image in front of her was gone. She looked to her side and saw Rex pleading with her, but on the far side of him, she saw her nightmare again. Rex's words faded to the back ground as the voice in her head spoke again. "You should listen to the kid. After all, what's his life worth when you could live to exact revenge on them all?" The image sneered at her, and Kairi came to life again. "Enough! Leave me alone!" Kairi swung her shield forcefully at Rex to clear him out of the way as she charged, resulting in the kid getting hit or dodging out of the way. She continued her charge towards the image and aimed another thrust towards the gut this time, then rapidly switched to sword mode and aimed three heavy slashes, with emphasis on power over precision. The voice taunted her. "You see? We're not so different after all. You even shut that annoying kid up."

Kairi stopped again, and tried a different technique. She focused on a different memory, allowing Randalla's face into her memory. The talk they had when Kairi returned from the Kri'Lak Badlands, about how it was okay to feel bad about one's actions, that it was okay to be Human. She turned to Rex with wide eyes. "I'm sorry, Rex." Kairi looked to the image and clenched her jaw. Inside her head, Kairi addressed the woman in the mirror. "I believe we're done here." The voice replied dryly. "For now. See you soon, my love." With that, the illusion was broken, and Kairi stood face to face with Rex and Lina Hargrave. She trembled slightly, but hid it, unsure of how to proceed.
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:58 pm

Rex was about to respond to that when he had to react to Kairi attacking him. The blond ducked and backed off, surprised. That shield bash did scrape against his skull, but nothing too damaging. He let her do her attacks, though it was unlikely that any of them would touch Hargrave. Still, it seemed she regained control of herself and apologized. But seemed unsure how to proceed. Rex took the opportunity to talk.

"Actually, if you're open to making a deal...perhaps we can make one. If one of your rivals has Aline, or is in our way in getting towards her, we'll take care of them for you. One less to worry about, and wouldn't even have to risk your own people. And we'll get Aline back. Maybe a deal with the devil, but it works to benefit both of us, and in the end isn't that what matters most?

Besides, that's far easier than getting one of our kind to obey a leash...even my traitorous rival would only truly follow you if you either saved his life or somehow earned his respect."
Rex waited an answer...and hoped that would work out for her. He may even sweeten the deal a little bit. But a lot of that would depend on how she may react to the offer.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:41 pm

Hargrave grinned as the woman seemed to lose herself more and more, even attacking the Asentari before checking herself. Was the illusion really effecting her that badly, or was this deeper? She would have to keep an eye on Thorne in the future, because she had a feeling the woman was going to get very interesting. Kairi faced Lina and seemed unsure if she should continue, but it was Rex who spoke, proposing a deal.

Mercy heard and let out a shout for Rex to stop, but Lina smiled. "A deal? I'm listening." She whistled, and Kaziel backed away from Mercy and joined her. The red asentari stalked towards them glowering as Rex spoke. "You'll kill my competitors if I stay out of your way?" She asked. Mercy snarled. "We should just finish her off now Rex, she'll betray us. We don't even know if she told the truth about Aline being taken to Karcenak." Lina shook her head. "I sense your reluctance to return there, Mercy. Bad memories?" She asked. Mercy growled at her and she laughed. "I wonder who you saw in my little illusion." She said. Then she smiled. "I told the truth. Juresh Enyo sent us to capture Aline, to use her to control Edaria. Juresh Enyo is a moron, but he has Multani's favor, so I can't move against him. But you.. Well, if you promise to kill Juresh, I'll clear a path into Karcenak for you, stir up a bit of trouble like I mentioned. And I'll make sure my little cadre never bothers you again." She said. With juresh out of the way, she could take Karcenak. She was far more suited to ruling a city than working as a bandit.

"To prove you can trust me, I'll leave Arilia with you, that way you can threaten to kill her if I don't keep my end of the bargain. She might even come in useful against Juresh." Lina said, waving a dismissive hand towards the Undari. "Do we have a deal?"
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:50 pm

Kairi eyed Rex with no small amount of admiration. Not only had Hargrave's tricks not fazed him in the slightest, but he spoke with clarity and determination when he offered a deal to his enemy. Kairi listened as Bethany protested to the proposed deal, but said nothing. She had embarrassed herself with her loss of control, and she had lost any kind of authority she may have had in the situation. Hargrave explained the situation to them, revealing that she had been ordered by the leader of the Red Fang, Juresh Enyo, to execute the abduction of Aline in order to use her to control Edaria, something the Red Fang had been trying to do for years. Hargrave put the bottom line on the deal: she would grant them passage into Karcenak, and they would kill Enyo. Kairi did not like making contracts like that. She was not a mercenary. However, with the safety of Aline hanging in the balance, along with the stability of the entire region, this was the most logical course of action. Kairi said nothing, feeling more tired and vulnerable than she had in a long time.

At the mention of Arilia, Kairi suddenly looked around, remembering that the Undari had taken a direct hit from Rex's lightning breath and been knocked out. She spotted the girl sitting against a tree nearby, thankfully conscious. She sheathed her sword and ran over to Arilia, kneeling down beside her. "Are you alright?" Kairi then looked to Rex for his decision. She nodded to him, affirming her support for the deal, then averted her eyes quickly from his gaze.
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:00 pm

"We don't have that kind of time or the luxury, Beth. And she's strong enough to take on at least two of us? This is faster, and the sooner we get Aline back the better. And if she abides by her word, it'll be even faster. If she lied, we'll know. If she didn't, we'll know that too. The thing with devils is that they tend to hold on to their contracts. And if it's not because of combat ability that she can't touch him, that means he's closer to our level and can reasonably take him on. And if she betrays us, we'll deal with that too." Rex put away his sword, and collapsed his scythe and put it back on his back as well.

Walking towards Hargrave, the blond also took off his right glove. Once close enough, he held it out for a handshake, to seal the deal. "We'll take care of this Juresh if you can clear a path. Just need a good description of him." Once the deal was sealed, he would start walking in the direction of Karcenak. Hoping the two women on his side will follow suit. With possibly a fourth member coming with them.

Once they were alone, he'd speak up. "I know you disagree with me, but getting Aline back is more important than killing Hargrave. If the Red Fang or the Neberrite Alliance or whatever they're called controls Eldara, it'll just make Edia more paranoid, possibly even lash out and conquer the city. And another war will likely begin, since I don't see Mondolin sitting around after seeing that happening, with the last one still fresh in people's minds. Aline is a stabilizing presence. Even with plans to hopefully ease tensions, I can see that happening very easily. I also need to send a message back home ASAP. Let them know I'll be gone a little while longer than expected." A certain Mondolin Knight's face came to his mind. Though his face was stoic as he put his glove back on.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:16 pm

Kairi seemed shook, and she left it to Rex to decide. He turned to Bethany and tried to explain what she already knew. Of course they needed to get Aline back. At any cost. "Fine, get us into the city and I'll personally cut Enyo Juresh's head off. But you better prey we never meet again after this, because I wont forget you're part in this." Bethany said, glaring at the woman. "I must say, you look fierce with that missing eye. Consider me intimidated." She said, but smiled. "Be at Karcenak in three days. I'll send you a little birdy with the details on getting into the city. Come along Kaziel." Lina said, with a smile. A portal opened behind her, and Kaziel walked through. Lina followed, stepping backwards into it. "Three days. See you all when it's done." And she was gone.

Bethany turned to Rex who explained himself. She was burning with rage at that woman, and not just because she'd taken Aline and had gotten away with it. The idea of going back to Karcenak, even as a free person sent her mind into a panic. So before she snapped Rex's head off she took a few deep breaths and tried to calm herself. Looking over at Kairi, Bethany knew that she wasn't the only put off their game today. She watched the woman help the prone undari into a sitting position then turned back to Rex. "I get it, we're on the brink of sparking another great war. You made the right call." She looked over at Kairi. "Hey, mind the kid for a minute Rex. I need to talk to Kairi in private." She said, walking over and gently patting the human on the shoulder.

Arilia felt gentle hands on her, and a soft voice asking if she was ok. She opened her eyes to find the woman from before kneeling beside her. She flinched away, not sure what was happening, until she seen Hargrave, who said something about a deal before vanishing with Kaziel, leaving her there. Arilia began to panic. Why had she left Arilia? Was she free? No, Hargrave wouldn't free her, but she'd left her. She looked at the woman, trying to calm her mind. She heard the two asentari speaking, then one approached and tapped the woman on the shoulder. "Can we talk?" The dark Asentari asked.

The woman nodded, and the pair walked off into the forest. As soon as they were away from Arilia, she was off the ground and had her back to a tree, watching the other Asentari warily. She'd never been hit by lightning before, and never wanted to experience that again. The further away he was from her, the better.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:49 pm

Kairi saw the girl flinch when she asked if she was alright. The young Undari was beginning to panic when she realized the situation, so Kairi withdrew her hand and held them up in a peaceful gesture to try and calm her down. "It's alright. We're not going to hurt you. I was just making sure you're okay." She kept her eyes on Arilia while she listened to the deal that was being struck between Bethany, Rex and Hargrave. At the mention of going to Karcenak, Kairi shivered. She hadn't been back there since she had been captured on a mission with Randalla, escaping nearly at the cost of her life. It was there that she killed Argesh, and had her first encounter with her. She watched as the terms were agreed. They would get safe passage into Karcenak to retrieve Aline, on the condition that they kill Juresh Enyo, ruler of Karcenak and head of the Red Fang.

Rex and Bethany agreed and then Hargrave and Kaziel departed, leaving Arilia with the trio. Bethany and Rex exchanged a few words, before the female Asentari approached and asked if they could talk in private. Kairi rose to her feet, fatigued both mentally and physically. She nodded and followed Bethany into the forest. When they stopped, Kairi looked at the Asentari with concern. "What's wrong?"
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:16 am

Rex couldn't tell if Bethany was being truthful or just patronizing him. But he wasn't going to worry about that. And Just nodded as he watched the Undari from where he stood. Poor thing looked confused. "We struck a deal with Hargrave. And as assurance that we won't be betrayed, she decided to leave you with us. We're going to go to Karcenak, rescue Aline, and kill Juresh. And bring Aline back to Eldara. Welcome to the team, however temporary it may be." Then he would simply wait until the two girls come back before starting again...Karcenak was a ways away...three days was going to be tough. But they had to. For a lot of people's sakes.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:55 pm

Kairi stopped and looked up at Bethany, asking what was wrong. "I could ask you the same." She said quietly. "You look shaken. What happened back there?" She asked. "Listen, I need to tell you something I've never told anyone, because I don't think anyone but you would understand." She stopped, took a breath, and steeled herself. "I was a... Slave, in Karcenak." She stopped to see Kairi's reaction, then kept talking because if she stopped she'd never talk again. "How it happened is kind of complicated, but I caused them allot of trouble and they eventually captured me, and sealed my powers with a special chain. They beat me and whipped me until I stopped fighting back, but I don't have a single scar to show for it on my body" She stopped, her hands trembling.

"Just before I got out, I met a girl. A scared little girl taken from her family, and I tried to protect her. In the end, I got her killed. It broke me. Sometimes I feel like it never happened at all, until I wake up screaming." She started to cry. "And now they have Aline there, and I'm terrified. I don't know If I can go back. Thinking about it makes me feel like I'm going to fall apart again. If I fail, if something happens to her I..." She reached a hand out towards Kairi. "I need you, Kairi. Its selfish to ask, becuase I know you've suffered, but I need you to be strong. When I'm around you, I feel lighter. I see you and know that, no matter how bad things get, you can always come back. That I can be better. I feel hope. I can't do this without you."

The boy came no closer, but he did speak to her explaining what had happened. Arilia looked at her feet. "She left me here, as a hostage?" Arilia asked. Did that mean she would come back for her, eventaully? Or was she free? Did she even want to be free of Hargrave? She was the only mother Arilia had ever known. But he welcomed her to the team. There was no threat or demand she cooperate. Arilia looked up. "I'm to help you then?"
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:57 pm

Kairi's eyes widened when Bethany returned her inquiry back at her, but she relaxed immediately. It was a fair question, and Bethany had every right to know if her teammate was compromised, which... she was. Gathering her thoughts and fears and demons and memories, Kairi opened her mouth to answer, but before she could form the words she needed to, Bethany beat her to it. The Asentari revealed that she had once been a slave in Karcenak. Kairi nodded somberly. She had already revealed to Bethany about her own past as a slave in Karem, but Bethany herself had been rather reticent until now. "I see. I'm sorry." But before Kairi could offer more, Bethany continued. She talked about the girl that she had apparently gotten killed and how helpless and guilty she had felt to this day, with the Aline situation driving her to the edge of despair once again.

Kairi did not break eye contact with her friend, absorbing every word with complete empathy. All of this was not totally unexpected, but it was still jarring to see Bethany as vulnerable as she was now. Then Bethany suddenly turned her full attention to Kairi, reaching out a hand. The Asentari pleaded with Kairi, telling her that she needed her to be strong because she gave others strength and hope of a better day. Kairi suddenly felt very embarrassed. She was confident enough to know that she had become a capable leader, she was unaware that she had inspired such feelings of inspiration. She looked at Bethany's hand for a moment, and a single tear fell from her cheek to the floor. Kairi dropped her weapon and shield and suddenly wrapped Bethany in a tight and sincere hug. Like she used to be able to hug when she was a kid on her parents' farm. "I'm sorry, Beth. I... had no idea... I will do what ever you need me to do..."

The hug continued for a moment, before Kairi released Bethany from her loving prison. There was still one decision left to make. Bethany was open with her, so honor dictated that Kairi needed to be open too. Especially with so much at stake. But what damage would it cause Bethany to know that the one she was relying on was not as infallible as she thought. It was a gamble, but Kairi decided that she had to be honest. She took a deep breath and gathered herself for what must come next. "I will be by your side when we go to Karcenak. I promise you that. But there is something you need to know about me before we go." Kairi looked earnestly at Bethany, to the point that she looked like a school child confessing an offence to her parents. "You already know that I was held as a slave in Karem for a large part of my early life. However, I was captured a second time and brought to Karcenak. A mission in Dungard that went wrong. An ambush was laid there for me, and I walked straight into it."

Kairi reassembled the memories as she continued. "I wasn't held there long, but the leader was Argesh, who I'd thought I'd killed in Karem. He wanted me to fight his underlings, for his entertainment. I refused to fight, so his minions simply beat me down instead. Then Argesh himself tried to get me to fight him. When I still refused, he agreed to end my misery there and then. I waited to receive my fate, but then Argesh mentioned my parents. You see it was him that led that attack on their farm. When I realized this, I lost control. I was a passenger in my own body as somebody else took reins. I killed Argesh - for good this time - and fought my way out of Karcenak. But the brutality my hands were responsible for was horrifying. I... eviscerated everyone that tried to stop me. But it wasn't me. I tried to stop, but I couldn't." Kairi was on her knees now, hands trembling and staring at Starlight.

"So when Hargrave's illusions activated, I didn't see Argesh... or Thassa... or anybody else that I defeated over the years. I saw myself, the one foe I cannot overcome." Kairi stared at the ground pensively. "I haven't had to fight that battle since that day in Karcenak. I pride myself on my discipline and my honor. But that other side is only driven by rage. I cannot let that happen again." Kairi looked up at Bethany with grim determination. "But I have too much riding on this mission, too many relying on me." She stood suddenly, holstering Starlight and Bastion. "I cannot let it happen. I will not let it happen. I will be a rock in this sea of chaos. I will be... Kairi Thorne."
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:01 am

"I guess that was the intent. Maybe even to keep track of us to make sure we don't go back on our word either." The simple fact was who knew why she left the undari woman with them. But she was there. He tilted his head at her next statement. "That's up to you. So maybe it was a little premature to welcome you to the team. So long as you don't get in our way nor impede us on our mission, you do you. Run away from that Hargrave woman, assist us...do as you like. You are your own person. Only you can decide where to go from here." He truly believed that. While he could see fear was a motivation in Arilia's following of Hargrave...well, sometimes it's better to die fighting and under your own beliefs than dying for someone that doesn't even give a real damn about you.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:46 pm

When Bethany finished talking, she didn't know what to expect. Kairi had stilled, and Bethany wasn't sure how she was going to react, until the woman dropped her weapons and hugged her. Bethany hugged her back, sobbing into her shoulder. But she felt better. Better than she had in years. Kairi promised she would be by her side at Karcenak, and they would face it together. And then Kairi stepped back, and a decision crossed her face. She began to explain more of what had happened to her. Bethany had known about her past, but not that she'd been captured a second time. She told Bethany about what had happened there, and what she feared might happen.

Of course Bethany didn't react with disgust or fear. There was no other side to her, but she'd done similar things while still in her own control. Rage, she understood. "My Father was a very angry man. There's more of him in me than in any of my other siblings. Rage, anger, fiery temper. You've seen me angry, when I slaughtered Kraf. But that wasn't my worst. I don't know what it's like to fight an alter ego, but I know what it's like to worry about losing control, to fear going over the edge or be consumed by rage. And I think maybe together, we can beat it." She looked Kairi in the eyes. "You keep me grounded, and I'll keep you from going berserk." She said. She fell silent for a moment then smiled. "I've never said this to another woman before, but I'm glad your not into me. I feel like we're sisters, and I've never had something like that before. Not even with Aline. So, thank you." She held out her hand, this time to clasp her forarm. "Now, lets go save her."

Arilia listened to the boy. He told her to do as she pleased, which was not what she expected to hear. Usually it was do as she was told, or else. She nodded. "I'll help if I can." She said, standing up. She retrieved her weapon, and summoned a ball of water to store it. "My name is Arilia.." She said. He'd probably heard it already, but she introduced herself anyway.

A moment later, the two women returned from the woods. The red eyed Asentari looked Arilia over but said nothing. She turned to Rex. "Alright, lets go save Aline and kill a heanta. Shouldn't be to hard." She said.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:45 am

At first, it seemed the Undari was surprised at what he said. She was clearly raised to be a slave. He certainly won't weep when Hargrave gets her's. Hopefully this one will get away just fine. The undari agreed to help, and introduced herself. Rex smiled kindly, and decided to do the same. "Nice to meet you Arilia. I'm Rex. It'd be an honor to fight alongside you." Hearing it from Hargrave is one thing, hearing it from Arilia herself is another. At least in his eyes.

A moment later, the two steadfast women came back. Beth eyed Arilia again, but then turned to him and spoke. Tilting his head curiously, he spoke to her as well. "Sure thing. I hate to bring it up, but what else do you have on this Juresh guy? Let's talk while we go...since we're on a time limit and all..."

With that, the four of them went off in the direction of Karcenak.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:14 pm

Kairi nodded sagely as Bethany told her about her own experiences dealing with rage, and offered a deal where they would help each other through this. "You've got yourself a deal." Kairi smiled when Bethany said she considered Kairi to be like a sister. "I will always be there to help. I promise." They soon returned to the Undari and Rex. She looked to Arilia and smiled warmly. "Arilia, right? Nice to meet you now that you're not trying to kill me." She then looked at Rex with the same genuine smile. "Well, looks like this is your operation, Rex. Lead on." With that, they moved onto the next objective, and hopefully they would be in time.

Thread End
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2