Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

» Duty and War(Rowan/Yavanna Rank Up)
by Orgoth Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:01 pm

» A Dragon's Heart (Part 1)
by The Narrator Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 am

» The Gathering Storm (Undead Event Part 1)
by The Narrator Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:33 am

» Gohan Maedar (WIP)
by Orgoth Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:22 am

» Xinra Kal'Dior (Crew of Raya's Gambit)
by Orgoth Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:53 am

» The Blackspire Riders(Orgoth)
by Orgoth Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:44 pm

» Rank up Purchases
by Zenke Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:54 am

Affiliates

The Unexpected Journey... sort of. (Zenke)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Unexpected Journey... sort of. (Zenke) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unexpected Journey... sort of. (Zenke)

Post by Zenke Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:01 am

Vala nodded. "Yeah, and we can keep you guys on your toes. There's nothing like a rousing spar to get the blood pumping first thing in the morning." She said with a grin. Andreas agreed and Lilian smiled. "That's great. Ok, its settled then. You two should grab some supplies in the morning. It's a week long trip. We've already hired a horse wagon, there's enough room for everyone and anything we find." She said.

Andreas told them to meet at the house early in the morning. They stood to leave and Lilian bade them goodnight. "I'm going to sleep in the citadel tonight. I'll see you in the morning, might be a few minutes late for breakfast." With that the party split until the following morning.

The next morning...

Vala tried to sleep, but only did so for a short while before she became restless and woke up. With little else to do while Fayla slept, she decided to do a bit of sluething around town. She spent a better part of the night and early morning exploring the city, returning to the in for a few hours before heading back out to stock up on supplies as Lilian suggested. They had most everything but she bought some more Rations in the form of dried fruit and jerky, remembering the trip to the badlands, then headed back to the inn to find Fayla awake. She filled her friend in on her eventful night, and they headed off to meet Andreas and Lilian.

Lilian's morning was much less peaceful. Her fight with her Knight Captain went about as well as expected, with her being barred from using her crossbow. She still held her own with a shortsword, and she had to respect her Captains skill. As expected, Blademaster Jensen was watching their match, and had plenty to say about both their forms. She managed to slip away before he decided to jump in the ring and show them how it was done, but her captain certainly didn't look happy about it. On the way home she stopped by the stable and got the horse wagon, and parked it around the back of house.

She arrived just in time to see Vala and Fayla stuffing food in their faces, and wondered to herself how the heanta who only needed to eat every few weeks was hungry enough to stuff several pieces of bacon into her mouth. Fayla didn't look like she was much better, and between the pair of them there was barely anything for Lilian. However when she sat down and looked about mournfully at the almost barren table, Vala pushed several sausages and all of her fried potatoes onto Lilian's plate. "Thanks." Lilian said. She tucked into the food, and then they went about getting everything ready.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Experience : 2289

Resources
Resources: 4070

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Unexpected Journey... sort of. (Zenke) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Unexpected Journey... sort of. (Zenke)

Post by Orgoth Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:05 pm

Andreas began to eat as the two guests arrived. "You're right on time guys. Sorry I got a headstart on ya but I wanted to drop into the shop on the way out and check on things before we go." He gestured to the table and spoke through a mouthful of bread. "Tuck in. Lilian should be here soon." He then wondered if he had made too much food. He didn't want everyone to be sluggish and bloated for the journey, but upon witnessing Fayla and Vala begin savaging the table, his concern turned to whether he had enough food. Soon after, Lilian arrived into the kitchen and her face fell when she saw that most of the food had been cleaned off. Vala pushed some sausages and fried potatoes onto Lilian's plate from somewhere, and she began to eat. Andreas finished his food and nodded to Lilian. "Alright kiddo, I'm gonna head down to the shop with your brother." He wrapped up a bacon sandwich in a cloth and headed upstairs. "Once I retrieve him from his bed, that is. Meet me down at the shop when you're all done."

Once Andreas had woken his son from his slumber, he packed the sandwich in Lucas' bag and strolled to the shop with him. Lucas looked at him pleadingly. "Can I please go on the trip with you?" Andreas smiled and patted Lucas on the shoulder. "I know you want to go, and I will take you with me one day. When you're old enough. But I need you here for now." They reached the shop and Lucas sighed. "Alright. You better not be too old by then though." Andreas laughed. "Cheeky." Once inside, Lucas began to open up, munching on the sandwich as he open up the shutters. Talion arrived with some of other forge-hands, bidding the Torals good morning and getting to work with the day's orders. Andreas retrieved Castamir and slung it over his shoulder, then picked up the shrunken crossbow on the counter and stuffed it into a belt pouch. He checked his travel pack for the essentials: bedroll, rations, spare magazines for Hailstrike, hand-shovel, materials for starting a campfire, utility knife, magnifying glass, various brushes for removing dust from artifacts, torches, and rope. He assembled everything in his pack and waited the rest of the crew to arrive.

Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Experience : 1693

Resources
Resources: 5600

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:25 pm

When breakfast was done Lilian left Vala and Fayla to their own devices while she gathered the rest of her stuff. When she returned to meet her father in the shop, the party left. They made one stop, at the south gate to collect the girls weapons. Lilian looked them over questioningly. They both carried bows, Vala's being a short recurve bow and Fayla's the length of the greatsword across her back. Vala carried no other weapons, unless she was carrying hidden daggers. They didn't carry much else, just a small pack each. "Is that all you two need?" She asked them. Vala looked at Fayla. "We travel light. We both spent years as scouts patrolling our respective lands, we don't need allot to survive."

Lilian nodded. She had quite a bit packed into the wagon, but it was mostly thing's she'd been enchanting, and enchanting tools. She liked to keep working as she travelled. Still, she kind of felt like she'd overpacked in comparison. "Do you fight with a bow?" She asked Vala. Vala raised her hands and smiled. "I can, but I prefere to use my fists. These are Drakna, Heanta martial arts gauntlets." Lilian listened intently, staring at the gauntlets. "I can't throw a punch to save my life. Don't suppose you could give me some lessons?" She asked. Vala extended her fingers, and short white nails that were more like claws slid forward, and she flashed her elongated Kanines. "Drak'Rakor uses, claws, teeth, fists and feet to devastating effect." Vala explained. "It's not something a human can learn easily, because you lack the required claws and and teeth. Still, I can teach you to throw a good solid punch, I showed Fayla a few moves to use in bar fights and she's worthless without that big sword. Then again, I'm worthless with that big sword, she can't even get me to hold it properly." Vala explained.

"Bar fights?" She asked, looking at Fayla. "I hope you didn't get involved in any bar fights while you were here." Lilian said. Vala grinned. "Don't worry we didn't. But you can count on if you need to start one." Vala said. "Why would I want to start one?" Lilian asked. "How else do you expect to learn to throw a solid punch?" Vala said grinning at Fayla.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:10 pm

Andreas smiled when the three girls arrived at the shop. He saw that most of the capacity of the wagon was taken up with Lilian's stuff. "I'm surprised you didn't try to bring your bed from the barracks too." Fayla giggled at Lilian as he hefted his pack onto the wagon in any space he could find, and climbed aboard. They approached the south gate to collect Vala and Fayla's weapons. Vala collected her bow and quiver, while Fayla equipped a bow and her sword, which was about the length of a longsword for a full-sized Human warrior, but was more like a bastard sword or small great sword for the Eldari. Fayla narrowed her eyes at the guard who handed returned her sword to her. "There better have been nobody playing with her." Andreas chuckled, then eyed the swrod with interest as they exited Mith Silvanus and began to head south.

"Say kiddo, mind if I have a look at that blade of yours?" Fayla grinned and removed the sheathed weapon from her back and handed it to him. "You like her? She's called Grace." Andreas pulled the blade from it's sheath and marveled at it. "She's beautiful. I've always loved the Eldari style of blacksmithing. Everything you folks make is a work of art. I visit Endaron every so often, but I've never gotten permission to go to Sindaron. I've studied with some of the smiths of Gateway Harbour , but I'd love to go and visit your capital. I could learn so much. How long have you had Grace for?" Fayla stroked her chin in thought. "I got her when I was 21. My mom wanted me to use my grandfather's swrod when I came of age, but I wanted my own blade, like Yavanna, my instructor at the academy." Andreas stopped and gaped at her in disbelief. "You still have Dalrodir Shor's weapon? Wow. I'd love to see that. I've heard stories about the craftsmanship." He returned the weapon to Fayla, who strapped it onto her back.

"Well, give me a shout when you wanna go to Sindaron. I can get my mom to give you permission to sail across." Andreas grinned. "I'm definitely gonna take you up on that soon. I can't wait." Andreas and Fayla turned just as Vala and Lilian were discussing bar fights, and whether Fayla and Vala got involved in any. "Not yet, anyway." Vala then reassured Lilian that they would have her back if she wanted to start bar fight, to which Lilian then asked why she would want to do that. Fayla smiled knowingly. "Well, even if you don't wanna start one, you can learn from us how to finish one."

Some (much) time later...

The wagon eventually drew near to where Andreas' map had pointed him to. However, the final leg of their journey would take them into the Vultani Jungle, so they would have to proceed on foot. The party disembarked from the wagon, and they hid it in some brush, with Andreas laying some mechanical traps as a bit of added security. Andreas led the three girls into the jungle, towards their destination. "Alright. Stay close to each other. There shouldn't be any nasties unless we go too far in, but you never know." He retrieved his miniaturized crossbow that Fayla had remembered seeing on the counter in his shop. She gaped in awe as the crossbow suddenly grew into a full size crossbow. "Woah, that's awesome!" Andreas chuckled and nodded to his daughter. "You can thank Lilian for that."

They advanced carefully, with Fayla monitoring the sounds of the jungle around her. It was so different from the forests they usually operated in. The whole jungle seemed to be breathing, and it was so very hot. After a few minutes, Andreas gestured for them to stop, and nodded to the clearing in front of them. There was a the ruins of a small outpost there, with centuries of neglect apparent in every part of the structure. Andreas beckoned them forward and moved into the ruined compound. It seemed to be an unremarkable camp, with nothing out of the ordinary. Fayla looked around in disappointment. "We came all this way for this? It's just a rubbish abandoned camp. There's loads of these around." Andreas did not answer immediately. He was studying with intense interest a skeleton that lay in front of a large hut.

The skeleton seemed to have been trying to reach the hut when it died. Andreas turned to look at the others. "Appearances can be deceiving. This was an Orken outpost. One of the ones they maintained after the Human-Orken conflict. It would have been one of the last to fall when they were wiped out, or maybe it was never found." Andreas looked around at the camp. "What that means, is that we're not looking at the entire installation. The Orken favored underground dwellings." He looked at the others. "There must be an access point around here. Take a look around, but be careful. Let me know if you finds anything."
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:35 pm

The journey to their destination passed in a flash. Vala and Fayla were engaging travel companions, and it was interesting to see how close they really were, while also managing to bicker incessantly. It made Lilian realise she'd never really been that close with anyone. She had friends, Melodie was her best friend but she never seen her anymore, and there was Rory, but she'd never had anyone they way those two had each other. Her father was enjoying the extra company too, and when ever she set to work enchanting, she found herself with an audience. She showed the pair the basics of runework, which kept them occupied for a few hours. They tried to teach her Eldari, which Vala also spoke, and Ar'hean. She found Eldari easier to learn, it was a softer language, and she had trouble shaping the sharper words of Ar'hean. When they were done with that, they found other activities to occupy them.

The two girls favorite pastime was sparing, which usually happened when they stopped to rest. There was a level of grace to both of them that Lilian doubted she could ever match, especially with a sword in her hand, but Fayla gave her some pointers with her sword, and Vala did as promised, showing Lilian how to throw a proper punch. She accidentally punched the heanta in the face at one point, to the Eldari's great amusement. Vala shrugged it off and gave her a grin. "Not bad."
And then they were in the Vultani jungle, standing in a dilapidated camp.

Vala walked through the clearing slowly as Fayla complained that they'd come to see an abandoned camp, but she knew what this place was before Andreas explained it. This was what was left of her people's greatest crime. She'd learned about it from her mother, who had been very young when it happened. Her grandfather never agreed with the decision to slaughter the orken, but he also did nothing to stop it. Vala considered that her family's greatest failing, even if the Orken would have done the same to the heanta. "No one escaped the Orken mountainhome. The people who lived here were likely the last of their race." Vala said. Andreas told them to spread out, and she started to look carefully. The obvious thing to look for was a cave mouth, but there was nothing so obvious around.

Vala crossed over a stone patch, and her foot scrapped away a bit of debris, revealing a crack. She bent down and started pushing away leaves and sticks, until she got the general idea of what she was looking at. It was a stone slab, placed into the ground, likely concealing an entrance. She looked around to see where the others were. Fayla and Lilian had wondered off in the other direction, but Andreas was nearby. "Andreas I think I found something." She called, and began clearing back more of the ground.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:48 pm

Andreas was ruffling through some leaves just inside a small hut when he heard Vala call him. He immediately walked over to the Heanta, and stopped when he saw what she was working on. He looked at the cracks in the stone plate and knew what she had found. It was an entrance. He grinned at the Heanta as he moved forward to inspect the edge of the slab. "Good job kiddo. Let's have a look here." He was studying some of the Orken runes along the edge of the slab, when he noticed a crack in the slab. He put a hand against it, and felt an airflow. "Well, there's definitely something under here. We should... VALA LOOK OUT!" He jumped up as he saw the crack rapidly extend towards the Heanta. But before she could move, the slab collapsed in on itself, along with the piece of ground that Vala had been standing on.

Castamir was in Andreas' hand in an instant, and in the next instant he was diving down the hole. He grabbed the falling Heanta's arm and shot his grappling hook to the edge of the hole he had jumped from. The hook found purchase on the edge of the hole, halting their descent. "Got ya. Nothing to worry abo- sonofabitch!" Andreas was interrupted when the hooked surface no longer held, sending the two plummeting further down into the darkness. Thinking quickly, he pulled Vala close and used his Rampart ability to create a tower shield attached to his forearm, which he positioned underneath himself and Vala. An instant later they hit ground, with Rampart absorbing the impact.

Rampart disappeared as Andreas released Vala and got to his feet. He turned to check on the young Heanta as he pulled a flint and steel from his belt and proceeded to light a torch. "You alright kiddo?" Andreas heard a rumbling above him, and looked up in disappointment to see parts of the hole lose their structural integrity. "Seriously?" He looked to Vala. "Move kid!" He moved down a tunnel he spotted to his left, beckoning Vala to follow him. A second later, the tunnel was blocked by what appeared to be a large amount of debris. Andreas looked to Vala and smiled sheepishly. "Well, fuck."

Fayla was near Lilian as they looked for a hidden entrance to the Orken encampment. Fayla looked at Lilian enquiringly. "So, what do you think of Vala? Bit of a handful, huh?" To be fair, the Human had taken to Fayla and her Heanta accomplice quickly, and the Eldari got the impression that Lilian was just happy to have friends around. Fayla could sympathize. She knew and got on with most people, but she was friends with very few. In Fayla's case though, she had a Vala. Lilian didn't have a Vala. Fayla smiled. "She likes you anyway. She doesn't usually get on with other people, but you and your dad are nice. But be careful. She might try to set your dad up with her mom. I'm not sure he's ready for that." Now that the floodgate was open, Fayla began to chatter more. "Oh, by the way, that punch was awesome. Vala totally didn't expect it. To be honest, I didn't expect it either. You hit hard. You ain't to bad with Grace either. She's a bit to get used to, but you handled her quite well. That's-"

Fayla was cut off by Andreas yelling, followed by a huge rumble and crash. She looked at Lilian before running back to where they had left him and Vala and saw a large hole in the ground near the center of the camp. Fayla looked at Lilian in confusion. "Was this giant chasm always here? Because I don't know how we missed it." Fayla peered down the hole and saw a torch light up near the bottom, followed by more rumbling, followed by Fayla falling and yelling as the ground under her disappeared. "Oh you've gotta be KIDDING ME!"
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:28 pm

Andreas came over to look at what she had found, and indeed it seemed to be an entrance. It looked more like they'd sealed themselves in, but Andreas seemed to know what he was doing. She watched him note that there was definitely an opening beneath the slab, when he suddenly shouted a warning. Vala leapt away in response, but the ground was vanishing beneath her. She managed to catch a ledge, her claws scraping for purchase, but the ledge slipped and she fell backwards into the hole. Andreas had dived after her and Vala's hand snatched out instinctively, wrapping around his.

Andreas had shot out a grappling hook from his hammer, and the ended up hanging above what looked like a very long drop. She couldn't see the bottom anyway. Andreas' momentary relief vanished when the ground began to give again, and the grappling hook lost purchase. Vala's hand snatched out for anything nearby to slow their descent, but Andreas pulled her in and created a shield in front of them. They hit the ground with a clonk that echoed through the caverns, and seconds later more of the surface was caving in on them. Vala was on her feet and running after him. As they reached safety, Andreas looked at the cave in, and let out a curse.

Vala wasn't sure, but she may have spent the last ten seconds screaming. She finally opened her mouth to say something, when a piece of debri slipped from the pile. There was a click, and mechanism's whirled. Vala jumped back to Andreas and slammed her fists together instictively, creating a bubble shield around them, as darts shot from holes in the walls around them. They bounced off the shield harmlessly, and scattered to the floor. Vala looked at Andreas. "Traps. Lovely." She said. "Of course the Orken built traps." She said, carefully bending down to pick up a small dart from the floor. It dripped with what was most likely a poison of some kind. "Hmm, how do you keep poison fresh for three or four hundred years?" Vala wondered out loud.

As Lilian and Fayla searched, the Eldari turned to her and asked her what she thought of Vala. Lilian smiled at the question. "I'd say she can be a bit intense, but she's lovely. Its easy to forget she's a heanta, she's nothing like any heanta I've ever met. I mean, I've only met two and one of them cut my arm off, the other thought I was her slave, but she seemed more naive and sheltered than malicious, But She was still nothing like Vala." Lilian said. Fayla told her that Vala liked her, and that made her smile too. She reckoned Vala wanted to set their parents up, but Fayla didn't think Andreas was ready for that. Lilian didn't know how he felt about finding another wife, but he'd certainly showed no interest in it.

Rather than let herself think about it, Lilian asked Fayla, "What is her mom like? Have you met her?" Lilian knew the tales of Celaena the Hornless, and she was considered a High level threat by the knights, even if she'd never done anything threating towards mondolin. She'd come across other names too, one of which Fayla had mentioned recently. "You mentioned Yavanna Elbereth the other day. Did you really train with her?" Lilian asked. "My blademaster often talked about her. The Eldari who defied tradition and became one of their greatest swordswomen, and earned the respect of Rowan Aratris, another of your great warriors." Lilian said.

Fayla complimented Lilian's punch, and Lilian smiled in gratitude. She doubted she'd hit that hard, Vala had barely flinched, but it was nice to hear. She was also complimented on her sword swinging skills. "I'm not much for big swords, but hey did I ever show you what my sword can do?" She asked. She started to draw it, when she heard her father scream, and then Vala. "Papa!" Lilian drew the sword and took off after Fayla, who had just reached the chasm that had opened up. She asked if it had always been there, but Lilian seen the danger before the eldari. "Fayla get back!" Lilian shouted, but it was to late, the edge gave away, taking Fayla with it. Lilian ran after her and jumped, her left hand shooting out to launch her shockling hook which wrapped around Fayla's waist. She lashed acroma around with her other hand and activated the enchantment, launching it at high speed into the wall.

The sword drove into stone and held, and they swung sideways into the side of the pit. The full weight of Fayla hit Lilian and the straps of her metal arm dug into her flesh painfully as it tried to pull free, but the straps held. However something in her shoulder gave and she let out a scream of pain. "Agh. I've got you. Fayla I need you to find a ledge or something, quickly. Something's wrong with my shoulder." The grip of her metal hand tightened around the tether tightened.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:31 pm

Andreas looked around with his torch, examining just how much trouble they were in. His thoughts were interrupted when he heard the sound of a mechanism winding up nearby. "Oh no."Vala suddenly appeared beside him with a shield ability of her own, deflecting several small darts to the floor. Andreas offered a smile to his Heanta savior. "Nice catch, kiddo." Vala remarked on the odds of poison lasting for centuries on the darts. "Careful, there'll be rust on 'em now as well." He turned to the pile of rubble that was the mouth of the tunnel that they had entered. "No getting back through here anyway. I think I can see through to the other side. Hopefully Lili and Fayla don't fall down here too." A crash on the opposite side of the rubble, followed by a pair of groans, made Andreas sigh. "They fell down here too."

Fayla found herself dangling from a cable, and she looked up to see Lilian frantically holding her aloft. Lilian cried out to her that her shoulder was damaged, and Fayla snapped into focus. She looked to her sides, and saw a small outcropping on her left. "I got it. Hold on." Fayla drew her sword and used her strike slash to dash onto the ledge. She then rammed her sword into the rock-face, establishing a handhold. Then, while holding onto the cable and her sword, Fayla looked up to Lilian and called out to her. "Alright, try and swing over to me now." Whether by swinging or retracting her shockling hook, Lilian made her way to Fayla, but a bit too quickly. Fayla reacted by catching Lilian in her arms, and then realized she was no longer holding onto Grace, but she was carrying Lilian... on a precarious ledge... with no handhold... in an unstable cave system. "Crapbaskets." Sure enough, the ledge began to collapse and fall, and Fayla found herself carrying Lilian as she fell down a rockslide. "WAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHH!"

Andreas squinted through the gap in the rock to try and see what was happening. "Lili? Fayla? You guys alright?" He saw a torch lighting up on the other side of the rubble, followed by a face appearing on the other side of the gap. "Hi Mister Toral. Fancy seeing you down here." Andreas sighed in relief. "Is Lili okay? This rubble won't budge I reckon. We'll have to circle around. There'll be connecting tunnels in the complex as we go. We've run into a trap on our side already, but Vala was on top of it. So be careful. This isn't quite the trip I planned, but it beats sitting on my ass in the Silver Citadel."
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:32 pm

Fayla managed to find a ledge and she used her Dash attack to get to it. Lilian tried to hold in the wimper of pain the sudden movement caused her, but then Fayla was in a solid position and the weight was off. She told Lilian to swing over, and she nodded. "Ok.. Here I come." She said. She used the wall to get a bit of momentum, then flicked Akroma loose, swinging across to Fayla, who caught her. Fayla looked relieved, and Lilian opened her mouth to speak when she realised they were perched on an extremely unstable ledge with nothing to hold. Fayla cursed, just as the ledge gave and they went sliding. Lilian tried to launch Akroma into another wall, but it hit at a bad angle and bounced off the stone.

They tumbled down to the ground, with Fayla landing on top of Lilian causing her to grunt as the air was expelled from her lungs, and more rubble tumbled down behind them. Lilian pulled Fayla down and activated her Steel protection, causing a multitude of overlapping metal plates to form a barrier around them. Thunk thunk thunk, rocks bounced off the shield. When it stopped, Lilian let out a sound somewhere between relief, pain and lack of oxygen. "Ohhh.. My bones." She managed.

Andreas thanked her for the quick save and warned her about potential rust on the dart."Ah yes, rust. The more dangerous substance." She said, tossing the dart aside. Andreas metioned that there was no going back, and Vala looked at the pile of rubble. "I don't know, maybe if I use my power boost and explosive punch actually no that's a terrible idea." She said. Because explosions were such a good idea in an incredibly unstable structure. Andreas hoped that they didn't fall down, when there was a scream, followed by cursing, followed by a loud thunk, thunk, thunk and the girl's collective groans. "On the bright side..." Vala didn't continue.

There was movement, and then Fayla's head appeared in a crack. "So good of you to join us. Did you happen to lash a rope to a tree before you threw yourself down here?" Vala asked. Andreas asked after Lilian, who seemingly hadn't moved. "I'm.. In one piece.. Owe...." She said. Vala looked at Fayla.  "Fayla pick the poor girl up, and get out of that bloody death trap before more rocks come tumbling down." Vala said. Andreas told them they'd have to meet up inside the facility and mentioned the traps. "Keep an eye out for mechanisms designed to drive a spike up the arse of the unwarry adventurers." Vala echoed.

Andreas lemented that this wasn't what he had in mind, but Vala shook her head.  "Don't sweat it Papa, we're all still breathing. For now. Just never mention this to my mother if you ever meet her, she would not approve." She went a little pink in the cheeks when she realised what she'd called him, but did her best to pretend it was nothing. She heard Lilian groan. "He's not ready..." Vala wasn't sure what that was about, and shook her head. "I'll go first and check for traps." She warily started to make her way down the corridor.

Lilian had finally gotten her breath back, and stood up, dusting herself off. Her shoulder ached, and she'd likely dislocated it. If it had been the other shoulder, they would have had a much longer fall. She heard Vala and her father's footsteps receed, and took a look around.  "Hey, we should get out of this death pit." She said to Fayla.  "Also you don't happen to know how to fix a dislocated shoulder by any chance, do you?"
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:55 pm

Fayla narrowed her eyes at Vala when the Heanta sarcastically asked if they happened to set up a rope to climb when they came down here. "No. I thought you might've, seeming as you're so full of tactics." Fayla helped Lilian to her feet as Andreas told them they'd have to meet up somewhere else in the structure. Vala told them to watch out for traps, and Fayla nodded. "You too. Try not to punch anything." Fayla turned back to Lilian, only to overhear Vala call Andreas "Papa" when she told him not to tell her mother because she wouldn't approve. Andreas chuckled when Vala blushed slightly after realizing what she had said. "I'll keep that in mind if I ever meet her." Fayla shrugged at Lilian when she protested. "Told you so."

Andreas looked to Vala and nodded. "Don't go too far ahead though. If you can find anything, I'll be able to deal with it." The Human fell into formation just behind Vala, keeping Castamir in one hand and the torch in the other. They traveled along a corridor for a while before entering a large room with a series of long stone tables arranged neatly, and they were the only neat thing in the room, as the rest of the stone furniture lay in tatters around the room, along with a number of skeletons. Ornate candelabras lay in ruins on the table tops, with smashed plates and bent cutlery completing the haunting aesthetic. Andreas also noted the thick layer of dust over the scene, and the unmistakably musty smell of decay. He looked around somberly. "Looks like a banquet hall. I'm going to take a look around." He turned to Vala. "We're going to find a lot of Orken remains throughout this place. If you're not comfortable with that... well I suppose there isn't a lot I can do to help, but let me know, and we can keep moving."

Fayla heard Andreas and Vala's footsteps fade out, and turned to Lilian when she asked if she knew how to fix a dislocated shoulder. Fayla nodded and walked over to the Human and observed the obvious disfigurement of Lilian's shoulder joint. "Wow. You held me up with your shoulder popped out? You're one tough cookie. Good thing too, because this is going to hurt I'm afraid." Fayla gently gripped Lilian's forearm and stood behind her. "Now, try to relax. If you tense it will only hurt more." The Eldari slowly pulled the forearm up and over Lilian's head, gripping her hand firmly but gently. She stopped for a moment, noticing how soft Lilian's skin was, before remembering what she was doing and continuing. She maneuvered the arm until it popped back into place, then gently lowered the arm back down. Depending on Lilian's alertness at that moment, she might notice a slight reddish tinge to Fayla's cheeks. "There. Hold on and I'll strap it up." Fayla reached into her bag, deliberately not making eye-contact while she retrieved a piece of cloth from it. She quickly fashioned a sling out of it and approached Lilian, hesitating ever so slightly, before reaching around and fitting the sling around the injured wing. She adjusted it to cradle the arm, before stepping back and letting out a breath that she didn't know she was holding. "Right. We should move on." Fayla shouldered her pack and lit a torch, again making minimal eye contact as she cautiously moved down another tunnel while her brain berated her. Snap out of it you doofus. You've got a job to do.
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:04 pm

Fayla came over to assist Lilian, complimenting the fact that she'd managed to hold Fayla up with a dislocated shoulder. "Only because my metal arm locked tight, rather than letting go. If it was my other shoulder, I doubt my hand would be able to take your weight." Lilian said. Lilian's arm was wrenched up and over and pain shot through it as it popped back into place. Realising what she'd implied she quickly continued trying to recover. "Not that your weight is excessive, just extra. Extra I mean on top of my own and you were falling I don't think you fat you're not you're perfect."

Fayla quickly put a sling around her shoulder, and Lilian realised she was blushing a little bit. Since Lilian had just implied she was fat, that was likely the cause and when Fayla said it was time to move she definitely seemed different. Lilian stood up, not sure if she should keep trying to apologize or if it would make things more awkward and decided to simply say nothing. Fayla went on ahead but Lilian noticed something strange about the ground and stopped her by grabbing her hand gently. She quickly let go, and pointed. "Look there, that will likely open up a world of hurt if we set it off." She said. Looking around, she tried to see if there was any hidden holes in the wall, and then waved Fayla back. She back tracked slightly, grabbed a stone and tossed it on the pressure plate.

The ground opened up around it and Lilian caught sight of a pit of rusted metal spikes before it slammed shut again. "Clever. I didn't realise the Orken were so ingenious when it came to traps. That plate must be set off an enchantment, there's no way they made mechanisms small and strong enough to snap that open and closed." She said, musing mostly to herself. "I'd like to study it further, but we better keep moving." Lilian shrugged her arm out of the sling and reached her hand out to Fayla. "Come on. If we do accidentally open up a hole in the floor, I can use my grappling hook to save us." Lilian said.

Andreas told her to be careful and warn him if she spotted anything. But they seemed to get lucky, and ran into no traps between the last one and a wide open space. He theorized that it might be a banquet hall, and that they were likely to see allot of remains here and throughout the complex. While there was nothing he could do if it bothered her, they could atleast move faster. "I've seen my fair share of death." Vala said quietly. "Should it bother me that my people likely slaughtered everyone in this complex? Does it bother you?" Vala asked Andreas. "The Orken lost. They surrended. What we did.. Well, I suppose it must bother you, after what happened to Lilian."
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:07 pm

Fayla said nothing to Lilian's attempt to clean up what the Human had decided was a remark that implied Fayla was fat. The Eldari simply brushed it off mostly. "No, it's fine, really." Though she did blush more when Lilian said she was perfect. Fayla was so distracted that she nearly walked into a trap before Lilian gently grabbed her hand to warn her. Lilian let go quickly and pointed out a raised plate on the floor. The Human grabbed a stone and lobbed it on to the plate, setting off a pitfall trap. Fayla sighed and shook her head, knowing that she should have spotted the trap, and muttered to herself. "Come on Fayla, get it together. What would Yavanna say?" The excess color drained from her cheeks and she focused on the task at hand. They had to meet up with Andreas and Vala. This was no time to worry about immature hypotheticals.

Fayla watched the trap slide shut, and put on her game face. Who knew what else could be down here? Lilian began to mention how she hadn't realized the Orken were so good at laying traps. Fayla held her torch up to the pressure plate and stroked her chin. She thought back to the academy, when she learned about the Orken and what happened to them. "I don't think they were. Which makes this even more dangerous." Lilian wriggled out of her sling and offered her hand to Fayla as insurance against any further nasty falls. Fayla looked Lilian, working hard on the inside to maintain her composure. "It's okay. I'll be fine. Besides, that shoulder's only just been popped back in. Your arm may be metal, but that shoulder ain't."

Andreas looked at the Heanta for a moment, considering her words. He didn't know too much about her in truth, only what little bits Fayla had shared with Lilian, but he could only assume given the stories that were known about the Heanta that her background probably wasn't pleasant. How the Heanta people as a whole would react to one of their own being so friendly with one of their most hated enemies is a mystery, but Andreas wasn't naive enough to rule out that Vala's life was even tougher for that fact. He looked around for a moment, trying to choose his words carefully. "To be entirely honest, in my opinion it should bother everyone. Nothing about what happened to these people is right. Regardless of how experienced you are or how much you've seen, the moment something like this doesn't affect you, then from my point of view you're already lost." He looked at Vala with a serious but non-threatening expression.

"But ultimately, the only ones who can be held accountable are the ones involved." Andreas took a deep breath before continuing. "Lilian is a good example. What happened to my daughter is the responsibility of one man. I cannot judge the whole race based on the actions of one man." Andreas smiled at Vala warmly. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's good if something like this bothers you. After all, you weren't even alive then, and there's nothing we can do about it now, except learn from it and forge ahead."
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:58 pm

Lilian heard Fayla mutter something, but only gave her a sidelong look and said nothing. After she commented on the Orken's trap making abilities, Fayla told her that it wasn't something they were known for. Which made this place even more dangerous. Indeed, Lilian began to wonder if they were right about this place. Fayla declined to take Lilian's hand, and showed concern over her shoulder. It certainly hurt, but better to dislocate it again then end up dead in the bottom of a pit. "That's true, but staying alive takes precedence over my comfort." Lilian replied. She didn't push it though. Fayla was right, she could handle herself.

They encountered nothing else, which wasn't a relief. Who had only one trap? Up ahead was a what had been a round door made of solid stone, set onto a grove in the floor. Except, the door was now in pieces, shattered from the other side. Lilian knelt down to inspect a piece. Lilian looked at Fayla. "It was broken from the inside by the looks of it. This stone is thick, what could shatter it?" Lilian asked Fayla. She stood back up and walked carefully towards the threshold.

Andreas took his time to respond, but his answer was what she expected. Everyone was to blame. Of course, it could be seen that way. If the humans, or Eldari or Eldross had stepped in on behalf of the Orken, the Heanta probably would have relented. He stated that it didn't matter how much you had seen, once death and killing stopped bothering you, you were lost. Heanta didn't think like that. It shouldn't bother her, because of what she was. But it did, because of who she was. Because of Fayla. Because her own friend betraying her and trying to kill her was enough to make her see she didn't like her own people very much.

Andreas continued, telling her the only people to blame were the ones who had done the deed. That the Heanta who attacked Lilian was culpable, and that he'd never hold her accountable. This made Vala smile slightly. Most people wouldn't see it the same way, but it pleased her to know he didn't hate her. She had grown fond of Andreas and Lilian over the past week and a half of travel. "Korroth's not a man, he's a monster. Even amungst heanta. Lilian was very lucky." Vala said. "You know, I could have him killed if you want. My mother would eat him for breakfast." Vala said with a smile. She didn't expect Andreas to accept, and it was more a joke than anything. "I'm as tough as I am because of her." Vala said.

Lilian drew her sword and carefully stepped over the shattered door and into the dark room.  She reached into her bag and pulled out a flat stone the size of the palm of her hand. With a thought, the stone burst into white light that drove back the shadows. It was about as effective as a torch, but it wasn’t on a stick making it a more directional light since her hand blocked it from shining in all directions. But it worked under water, so that was a plus. With her Enchanter’s Light in hand, she moved forward and looked around carefully. The hallway beyond was lined with stone rooms with metal doors.

The doors were all closed, and when Lilian tried one it didn’t budge. There was a small hatch on the door, which Lilian slid back to take a look inside. The room beyond contained a bed, the rotting bones of a long dead humanoid on it. Lilian stepped back quickly. "There's a corpse in there. This looks like some sort of prison." Lilian said. She moved further down the hall, walking along until they reached a metal door that had been torn open as if it were made of paper. Lilian wondered what could have done something like that, and whether it was still in this place.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Fri May 01, 2020 10:13 pm

Fayla's eyes widened as they approached a large, round doorway, with the remnants of the door all over the floor. Lilian drew her sword, and Fayla went to do the same, only to find that her sword was not on her back. She sighed at her own stupidity, having forgotten about her sword when her confused feelings took over her vital functions. "Grace." On the command, her sword reappeared in her hand, and she held the torch in her off hand. Lilian bent down to inspect the wreckage of the door, noting that the door had been shattered from the inside. Fayla studied the track that the door had formerly been mounted on. The track was at least six inches thick, which meant the force required to shatter the door was extraordinary. "Something big and dangerous, I'll wager."

Fayla stuck close to Lilian as they moved past the shattered door and into the room beyond. The room was lined with doors, each with a small hatch about the size of a hardback book set into them at about head height. Lilian tried one of the doors, but it didn't budge, so she opened the hatch, and informed Fayla of what she saw. The Eldari tried another hatch, and the scene was similar, but with the corpse lying splayed across the middle of the cell. "I don't like this one bit." They continued and found a another cell at the end of the room, this one with the metal door warped outward, as if blown open with extreme force. Fayla glanced at Lilian before peering around the corner with her torch, and gasped at what she saw.

Andreas was relieved when he saw the smile on Vala's face. Though the Heanta usually seemed to want to appear tough and strong, there also seemed to be a deep and caring layer underneath it all, and Andreas was glad for the fact. Each time someone went against the grain like Vala did, Asmir became a better, more interesting place. Vala pointed out that Lilian had been lucky, and that Korroth was not a man but a monster. Andreas nodded. "I count my lucky blessings every day." Vala then suggested with a smile that she could get her mother to kill Korroth if he wanted, before telling him that she was only as strong as she was because of her mother. Andreas chuckled amicably. "Well your mother must be tough indeed if she taught you to be so tough." He looked around the destroyed banquet hall. "I think we're done here. Let's move on."

Fayla's green eyes widened as she processed the scene before her. The cell looked like it had been hit with multiple explosive blasts. The furniture that had once been inside was fragmented all over the place, several incomplete charred corpses were strewn about the room. "What in Na'Sora's name?" Fayla shone her torch into the cell, and looked around at the devastation. "Something seriously wrong happened here." She looked closely at one of the partial cadavers, and noticed something odd about it. Compared to the corpses in the other cells, this body was nowhere near as decayed. In fact it looked... Human. "I knew I didn't like the look of this place. This body's still wet, and it looks Human."
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Thu May 07, 2020 5:33 pm

Fayla approached the door carefully and Lilian was a few steps behind her. They looked in the door to see the room beyond was littered with bodies, some of them fresh. Lilian stepped back quickly. "What ever did that probably hasn't gone far. But that also means there's another way out." She said. "We should keep moving." She said, as something scrapped along the floor behind them. Lilian spun, flashing her enchanter's Light down the hall, and nearly screamed.

Vala nodded. Celaena was more than tough. She was everything the Heanta should be. Everything Ren envisioned for them. Vala focused her thoughts to the task at hand, finding the others and getting out. She walked forward, taking the lead to keep an eye out for traps. They started down a hall at the far end of the room, passing several doors. The rooms beyond were of little interest to her, but she stopped and waited if Andreas wanted to investigate. At the end of the hall, she stopped, noticing something odd on the floor. She drew up a torch, to highlight a wet foot print. Raising the torch she noticed the steps had come this way and turned back suddenly. They were very fresh.

Something moved and a spear shot from the darkness, and she shouted "Andreas get down!" As she knocked it aside. It clattered off the wall, and she looked up as a large form stepped out, another spear readied to throw. "Apologies." The stranger said, his vibrant purple hair shimmering as he stepped towards them. His skin was pale, tinged with a light blue. She recongnized him as an Undari, and kept her defense up as he lowered his weapon. "I thought you were the thing that haunts these's halls."

Lilian stepped backwards reflexively as the creature stalked the hallway towards them. Her hair was red, brighter red than Vala's, and like silk it hung down around her shoulders and back. Her face was Ethereal and beautiful, but her eyes were pure black and dead. She stalked forward on all fours, long graceful limbs moving with strange jerky motions. Her fingers were webbed, and tipped with razor sharp claws that looked poisonous. A ragged shift covered her slender body.

"Guests." She said. pointing towards Lilian and Fayla. "Who are you?" Lilian asked. "Lost. We are lost." She said, a hand reaching forward, her form shifting slightly closer. "Lost, beyond the veil. Beyond this world. We see them, in their prison. Soon they will be with us." The woman said. "What are you talking about?" Lilian asked, looking into the things eyes. She opened her mouth, and an Ethereal song escaped, the most beautiful sound Lilian had ever heard.

The creatures eyes glowed they called to Lilian. Her hands stretched out, invitingly. They looked soft and gentle, the claws gone. The creatures movements had changed to smooth and graceful, her face was enthralling, her soft lips inviting. "Come." Lilian took a step forward.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu May 07, 2020 8:21 pm

Fayla nodded at Lilian's suggestion to move on, and backed away slowly. She then heard the scraping sound behind them and turned to see something that she had never seen before. The creature was slender and about their height, with lethal-looking claws, a strange inhuman way of moving and a blank stare that seemed to gaze into a place beyond the material plane. Lilian questioned the creature, but all they received was a riddle with no answer. Then something strange happened. The creature fixed its otherworldly gaze on Lilian and opened its mouth, but no sound came out. However, something was obviously affecting Lilian, as the Human began to slowly walk towards the creature her expression completely blank. Fayla looked at her and realized that her friend was being entranced by the creature. "Hey! Lilian! Snap out of it!"

Fayla's attempt to break whatever enchantment that had ensnared Lilian was unsuccessful, so Fayla decided to go route one in her next approach. She threw her torch as hard as she could at the creature, trying to forcefully break the spell. If it worked, she would grab Lilian by her organic hand and drag her into running with her, trying to lose the creature in the winding tunnels. Fayla stopped after a while, not really sure where they were or what had just happened. Gasping to catch her breath, Fayla looked at Lilian with wide green eyes. "What... happened... back there?" Fayla then realized she was still holding Lilian's hand, and she quickly let go. "Sorry... forgot..." She listened out to see if they had been followed, lighting a second torch.

Andreas accompanied Vala as they advanced through the network of hallways and tunnels that comprised the facility. They passed a few rooms on a particular corridor, but they were mostly empty, save for a few skeletons and broken furniture. At the end of that corridor, a wet foot print drew Vala's attention, and she held her torch to it to examine. They found a trail of footprints that had apparently been heading this way but then suddenly doubled-back. Before Andreas could comment on it, Vala yelled a warning to him, before deflecting a spear that had hurtled out of the darkness at them. In flash, Andreas had Hailstorm in his hand and braced it on the crook of his torch arm, while he held the torch pointed in front of him. A stranger stepped out of the shadows, and Andreas leveled his weapon at him. The stranger apologized, saying that he had mistaken them for something that was haunting the facility. Andreas relaxed slightly but kept his weapon trained on the man. "My name is Knight-Lieutenant Andreas Toral of the Knights of Mondolin. You're an Undari, aren't you?" Andreas stepped forward slowly eyeing the man carefully. "Who are you? And what is haunting these halls?"
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Thu May 07, 2020 9:22 pm

The undari lowered his spear further. He looked at andreas, and then Vala. "I'm Talion Ver’Kanos. And yes, I'm an Undari." He said, confirming Andreas and Vala's suspicions. "Human's, then. You're far from you're homeland, Andreas. And do you have a name?" He looked at Vala. "Vala." She said. The undari looked to Andreas, his face serious. "An Undari Siren. One of the blightborn abominations born when the Undari wrought their own destruction. I don't know how she ended up here, this place isn't safe, never mind the Jungle." Vala looked quickly to Andreas. "Fayla and Lilian, we need to find them."

"There are others here?" The Undari asked. "They are in grave danger! I'll help you find them, then you need to get out of here. There's a tunnel that will lead you to the surface that way." He pointed. "The is a bit of swimming but you don't need to go under so you'll be fine." Vala wasn't sure she trusted the Undari, but who was she to talk when she was a heanta. So she nodded and they started to move.

The thing's hands stretched out to caress Lilian's face, when a bright red glow shot past Lilian and hit the it in the face. The singing ended and Lilian snapped out of it, realising she was inches from the long sharp claws. The creature's face contorted in rage and it screamed so loud and terribly she thought her eardrums were going to burst. Then Fayla had hold of Lilian's hand and they running headless into the maze of tunnels, turning left and right and left until Lilian lost track of the turns. When Fayla thought they were far enough away she pulled them to a stop.

She spun and asked Lilian what had happened. "I don't know, could you not hear its song? I looked into its eyes and..." She was drawn to it like a beacon. "What in Erolath's name was that thing..." Lilian said. Fayla seemed to suddenly remember something and let go of her hand and appologiesed. "It's fine. You just saved my life. We need to find the others before that thing finds them." She said. She took a deep breath. "Come on, lets get moving." She started to walk, keeping it down as they winded further through the hallways.

Last edited by Zenke on Mon May 11, 2020 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sat May 09, 2020 8:32 pm

Andreas lowered his own weapon when the Undari did, and nodded respectfully when the man introduced himself. "Well met, Talion." He let Vala answer when Talion asked her name, and then listened as the Undari explained what exactly it was that he was hunting. Andreas looked at the man in shock. "But what is it doing here? Medin Taji is nowhere near here." Before he could get an answer, Vala alerted him to a more pressing matter, his daughter and Fayla. Talion went on alert, offering to help them find the others and escape. Andreas glanced at Vala before nodding. "We have little choice. Lead on, Talion." Andreas followed swiftly after the Undari, just hoping that Lilian and Fayla were alright.

"***"

Fayla frantically searched for a pattern to the hallways that she and Lilian stalked in an effort to locate Vala and Andreas, but she didn't have much luck. Fayla stopped for a second and listened. An haunting melody was filling the air, the echoes of the tunnels making it sound like an entire choir. Fayla dropped her torch and sheathed her sword. In the next instant her bow was in her hand and an arrow was nocked. She gazed down the long straight hallway they had just reached the end of and saw a figure standing at the far end. "Alright, I've had enough of this." Fayla suddenly drew her bow and fired at the figure down the corridor. The figure simply sidestepped the arrow, before advancing towards them. Fayla fired more arrows, but the figure dodged and deflected them, until it was close enough to see in the light from Lilian's Enchanter stone and the torch on the ground. Fayla switched to her sword and called to Lilian. "Go, I'll hold it off! Go find you dad and-" She stopped abruptly as the figure stepping into the light was also Lilian. Fayla hesitated, which was all the Siren needed.

A contorted smile broke across the impostor's face, and Fayla felt a sharp pain in her abdomen. She looked down to see the Siren's clawed hand protruding from her side. The Siren began to cackle as the illusion faded and she returned to the form they had first found her in. Fayla's anger took hold of her, and she suddenly arced forward, connecting with a solid headbutt to the Siren's face. As the creature recoiled, Fayla raised her sword and sliced cleaned through the bony arm of the creature, severing the clawed hand that was in her side from the rest. The Siren wailed in pain and fell backwards, holding the stump where its arm had previously resided. Fayla turned and began to run. If Lilian was still there, she would shout to her. "Why are you still here? Run!" If not, she would just run. The poison would be infiltrating her as she went, with only her race's resistance to poison keeping her going just a bit longer.

"***"

Andreas, Talion and Vala stalked the halls searching frantically for Lilian and Fayla, when an unnatural scream of pain echoed in the distance. Andreas looked to Talion with wide eyes. "Is that the Siren? Sounds like something's hurt it... oh no." Andreas suddenly took off running, hoping his gut feeling was wrong.
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sat May 09, 2020 9:51 pm

Vala kept pace with Talion who began walking down opposite hallway to the exit that would lead them to safety. He moved with a swiftness to his step and he kept a light grip on the spears in his hands. "I cannot say how it got here." He said to Andreas as he walked. "The Blight Witch might have sent her here, or she was simply captured by someone who thought they had come across a normal Undari." He said. Vala was curious about him though. "Why are you here?" She asked the Undari.

"Tricky question.." He said. "Short answer, My sister and I are hunting any of the Blightborn who come out of their caves." He said. Vala heard a horrific scream in the distance. Andreas asked if it was the siren, realising that the only thing that could probably hurt it was one of the girls. "We better hurry." Talion said. Vala was already sprinting, overtaking Andreas.

Lilian knew she was turned around. The winding passages all looked the same, and there was no signs to direct them, not that she could speak Orken. Lilian was about to complain, when she heard the singing again. This time, Fayla heard it too, and it wasn't entrancing like before. The thing appeared at the end of the hallway, and Fayla threw down her torch in annoyance. "Fayla-" She started, but Fayla told her to run and started to fire her bow. Lilian drew her sword. "Not a chance." She said, getting ready to help fight, when the thing came into the light. Fayla hesitated, and it lunged driving its claws into Fayla's side before Lilian could react. Fayla drew her sword and cut the thing's hand clean off, then started to run.

Lilian looked back, as the thing stopped screaming and began to shudder violently. "What the-" a second pair of long arms tipped with razor sharp fingers burst from the creatures back, and its legs merged tegether, forming into a tail reminisent of a mermaids from folklore. Water surged up around the Siren from out of the floor, and it began to swim after them. Fast. Lilian realised she was standing stock still, and started to run again. She heard the splash of water as the thing tore down the hallway after them, its retched breathing, its claws inches from Lilian's back.

An arm grabbed her metal arm and spun around. She was pulled to look into the horrific face that had changed to become more elongated, mouth full of Razor sharp needle like teeth. Lilian screamed. There was a flash of motion as a lithe figure outlined in purple energy leapt over Lilian, red hair blazing in the light, and slammed a foot into the side of the creatures head. There was the crack of an explosion, and the Monster's head shot to the side and impacted the wall. Vala landed smoothly on the ground, and pushed Lilian backwards away from the creature.

Vala pushed Lilian away. "Help Fayla." She said, raising her fists as the creature rose. She was breathing heavily, using both Wrath and Explosive strike quick succession. A direct hit with that had killed heanta twice the size of Vala, and the creature before her was starting to get back up. She looked it directly in the eyes, staring it down, when the world began to blur. "Vala dont!" She heard Lilian, but something was wrong, the creature was pulling her towards her. And then Talion passed her, the water around the creature surging away from him, and he raised his hand. A blast of heat exploded from his hand, filling the hallway infront of them. Steam exploded from the damp hall and the creature shrieked.

It backed away, its skin burning. "You all need to go. I'll handle this." He said, raising a spear and throwing it into the Siren's chest. The Siren backed away further, and started to thrash. Talion followed, as the ground rumbled, and water seeped up through the floor. The creature's tail slammed down between it and Talion, and the floor suddenly gave way, sucking both the creature and Talion down into a gaping maw. "Shit!" Vala said, running forward to help, but there was only blackness and the void below.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue May 12, 2020 12:07 am

Andreas was running as fast as he could with Talion, but Vala was younger and faster, and thus she overtook him with ease and disappeared down the next hallway. Andreas called after her, but he knew that she was going to help her friend and that was that. Talion looked at Andreas with an unreadable expression. "I will go. I will get there faster." Andreas nodded, and the Undari shot off at high speed after Vala. He pushed his body to the maximum, but he still trusted to hope that he would make it to help his daughter. He then heard a loud thud, followed by shouting and screaming, and Andreas knew he was out of time. He only hoped Talion got there.

Fayla's vision became foggy as she tugged on what she thought was Lilian's arm, but was actually the end of her cloak. "Lilian..." She shook her head to shift some of the cobwebs, and became aware that the creature had begun to mutate, growing two extra arms and merging its legs into a fish-like tail. The creature began to charge up the hallway to them, swimming rapidly up a channel of water that it was generating. Fayla began to run with Lilian, trying to ignore the searing pain in her side. It was then she realized that the creature's clawed hand was still protruding from her side. She tried to pull it out, but the pain nearly blinded her. She then saw Lilian being yanked backwards, and turned to see Lilian being pulled towards the creature's dagger-filled maw.

"Lilian! No!" Fayla raised her sword and began to charge towards the creature. "Get away from her!" However, one of the creature's extra appendages swatted her away, sending her careening into the wall. The pain in her side was unbearable, and her vision was beginning to blur. She then saw a flash as figure sheathed in purple light emerged from the shadows and knocked the creature aside with a mighty blow. Fayla smiled at the sight of her best friend. "What... took you so long..." The Heanta told Lilian to help Fayla, while she confronted the creature, who had somehow survived one of Vala's strongest combinations sending it into the wall. But Vala then locked eyes with the creature, and began to fall under its spell, just like Lilian had.

"Vala!" But before any damage could be done, Fayla saw another figure emerge, blasting the water from the tunnel floor with a burst of intense heat. The figure told Vala that he would handle it, but when the figure advanced, the creature caused the floor to collapse and consigned itself and the figure to the depths below. Vala cursed and looked into the abyss, but the man and the creature were both gone. Fayla slumped against the hallway wall, holding her side and breathing raggedly. It was then that one last figure arrived, that of Andreas. He looked around the hall rapidly before looking to Vala. "Vala? Where's Talion?" He turned to see Lilian standing before him. "Oh, thank the Gods. When I heard the ruckus I feared the worst. I'm sorry I took so long. The legs haven't got the pace they used to." It was then that he turned and saw Fayla slumped against the wall. "Oh crap." He rushed over to his daughter and the Eldari, and bent down to examine the wound, and the weapon still protruding from it.

"That looks bad. I'm gonna have to take this out before we can do anything, kiddo. Hold tight, this is gonna hurt." Fayla nodded and smiled weakly. "I've had worse- ARRRGH!" She was cut off by the sudden removal of the Siren's claw, and she began to gasp. Andreas tossed the claw aside and held a bundle of cloth to the wound. "Sorry, kiddo. I heard that it hurts less if you surprise them." Fayla narrowed her eyes at him. "I can tell you now, that is horse shit." Andreas couldn't help but chuckle, before turning to Lilian. "The guy who saved you is an Undari named Talion. He was here hunting that Siren that you guys encountered, and he showed us how to get out of here." He gently helped Fayla to her feet, and the Eldari attempted to take a step forward before collapsing, forcing Lilian to catch her before she hit the floor. "That's no good. I've got you kid." Andreas lifted Fayla into his arms, making sure that her wounded side was below her, so his arm held the cloth in place and gestured to Vala. "Lead on, Vala. You remember which way Talion showed us?"

Later, back outside...

Once they reached where they had hidden the cart, Andreas placed Fayla down on the back of it and looked at her with concern. "I'm not particularly skilled at medical things, besides the basics, like that rag." Fayla nodded. "That's okay. Thanks for getting me out Mister Toral. Vala can help me out." Andreas nodded and smiled. "Fair enough. I'll get us ready so we can leave when you're done." He jumped down from the cart and walked to the front to prepare, as Fayla looked to her friend and gingerly handed over her backpack. She was starting to sweat and shiver slightly from the blood loss and possible after effects from the Siren's poison. "There's alcohol in my bag, and some bandages. Just pour a little on the bandage for me."

Soon after, Vala had prepared the dressing and Fayla lifted her tunic, revealing the full extent of the wound. Fayla pressed the dressing to the wound and winced in pain, before relaxing. She was shivering even more now, and was worryingly pale. Vala then left to help Andreas, leaving Lilian to hold the dressing to her wound as she slumped against her shoulder. Fayla looked up at Lilian and smiled. "There's a good tailor in Mith Silvanus, right? Because I'm going to need a new tunic." She lifted her head suddenly and looked at her Human friend with large green eyes. "I'm sorry I got hurt and caused so much hassle. I just... I didn't want you to get hurt... I just..." Her words failed, so she led with action instead. She leaned forward and kissed Lilian square on the lips. The world seemed to melt around them as their lips touched... for the first time... for the hundredth... it didn't matter. Fayla was overcome. Then she came back to reality with a crash when she realized what she was doing. She ended the kiss abruptly and sat back, eyes wide with horror. "Oh... no... I'm sorry... I didn't mean to... I..." Fayla's pale and sweaty face suddenly slackened as she finally succumbed to fatigue and blood loss, and lost consciousness, her head falling onto Lilian's lap. Andreas looked over his shoulder and chuckled. "I see someone's tired, and that's fair enough. Alright, let's go home."
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue May 12, 2020 1:29 am

Lilian went to Fayla, who was slumped against the wall. She'd never seen the Eldari so vulnerable looking, and her heart was starting to flutter with panic. And then her father was beside her, and he knew what to do. He helped Fayla remove the claw, causing her to yowl in pain. Vala was beside her in an instant, hand on her shoulder. "Come on you big baby its only a scratch." She said, hugging her friends head to her chest comfortingly.

Andreas lifted Fayla up off the ground and asked Vala if she new the way out. Vala nodded. "Yeah I remember." She said. "Do you think Talion will be ok?" Lilian asked as she followed after them. "They probably fell into an underground River, he'll be right at home." Vala replied.

Back at the cart.

When they finally reached the cart Andreas placed Fayla down, and attempted to tend to her wound. Fayla told him Vala would deal with it, and Lilian watched as the Heanta did as instructed, cleaning the Eldari's wound and bandaging it with the skill of someone who had done it before. Vala finished up, patted her friend on the head gently then said, "I'm going to help you're papa with the cart. Sit with Fayla?" She asked. Lilian nodded, and hopped up onto the cart, sitting down beside Fayla.

Fayla was shivering, so Lilian sat a bit closer. The Eldari looked at her and asked about a good tailor in Mith Silvanus. "Don't worry I can take care of that for you. I have very talented fingers." She smiled at Fayla. Fayla apologized for getting hurt, and Lilian took hold of her hand, turning to face her better. "No, Fayla don't be sorry-" She said as Fayla stumbled over her words. Fayla suddenly leaned forwards and kissed Lilian on the lips, catching her by surprise. A pleasent surprise, Lilian thought, as she closed her eyes and pressed in a little closer.

Vala had just finished doing the last clasp on the straps for the horse she was hitching for Andreas, and as she stood up, she spotted Fayla lean forwards and kiss Lilian. Vala tilted her head to the side curiously, and then quickly turned away as Fayla pulled away.

It could have lasted for a lifetime or for seconds, and then Fayla pulled away, cheeks red with embarresment. Lilian's own cheeks were flushed. Fayla apologized and tried to explain, but she started to slump as exaustion overtook her and head fell into Lilian's lap. Moment's later, Vala climbed onto the cart and pulled out a pair of blankets. She threw one over Fayla, tucking her in, and sat down on the other side of Lilian, throwing the second blanket over the pair of them, lifting Fayla's head up to tuck the blanket under so she wouldn't smufficate. She didn't say anything, only smiled, and lay her head on Lilian's shoulder. Lilian let her own head rest on Vala's, and soon found herself drifting off too.

Thread End

Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2