Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

» Duty and War(Rowan/Yavanna Rank Up)
by Orgoth Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:01 pm

» A Dragon's Heart (Part 1)
by The Narrator Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 am

» The Gathering Storm (Undead Event Part 1)
by The Narrator Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:33 am

» Gohan Maedar (WIP)
by Orgoth Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:22 am

» Xinra Kal'Dior (Crew of Raya's Gambit)
by Orgoth Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:53 am

» The Blackspire Riders(Orgoth)
by Orgoth Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:44 pm

» Rank up Purchases
by Zenke Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:54 am

Affiliates

Blooming Day Off!

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Blooming Day Off! Empty Blooming Day Off!

Post by Jun Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:44 pm

Rory Bloomfield wore his standard civilian blue clothing. Anymore, it made him to be a rather common sight, common enough that no one paid any special attention to the young Knight and minor noble. Well, being the youngest, while technically a noble, he wouldn't inherit any lands or anything. Still, the well dressed lad didn't bother having any weapons on him in Mondolin's capitol. It was relatively safe, after all. The five foot eight youth had a spring in his step, since it was his first day off in a long while.

The Knights had him pretty busy in the Freelands lately. More just keeping informed, though he did get some very good tid bits here and there. He was a little bit exhausted. But thankfully, nothing a good meal, a nice bed, and a hot bath can't fix.

It had been a while since he last say his comrade in arms and fellow knight, and crush, Lilian. So he was taking a stroll down to their shop. Upon entering the shop, he waved enthusiastically and practically yelled at the boy at the counter. "LUUCAAASSS! How ya doin'? Is Lil around?" The boy in question was helping out a couple of customers, father and son from the looks of it, pick out swords.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Experience : 1458

Resources
Resources: 8060

Back to top Go down

Blooming Day Off! Empty Re: Blooming Day Off!

Post by Orgoth Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:02 am

It had been a relatively busy day in the Toral family blacksmith shop, but it was to be expected at this time of year. It was the anniversary of the Battle of Serenity Valley, the turning point in the Second Great War. It was the day when the armed forces of the Kingdom of Mondolin stormed Serenity Valley and utterly routed the forces of the Eldari and Eldross coalition and the Heanta and Undari alliance. The day was celebrated enthusiastically to this day, and demand was usually high for ornate and flashy-looking swords for the various re-enactments that took place around the Kingdom. Doting parents would take their children to buy a sword, not one for combat of course, in order to take part in the festivities. Toral's was a particular beneficiary of this time of year, as their reputation for superior quality in their metalworking meant that they attracted a large amount of attention. It was one such parent and child combination that was in the shop now, and Lucas Toral was on the case.

A father had traveled with his son to Mith Silvanus from Gracia, a small farming settlement a few miles east of the capital, in order to acquire the young man a nice piece to take part in the Gracia re-enactments with. They had looked over various sword types in the display cases around the shop, and they had settled on a shortsword with an ornate pommel and guard. The boy was small, but he was surprisingly strong, so Lucas had an easy time finding the right size for the boy. He was just recording the details for what kind of materials the boy wanted, when the doorbell jingled to signify the arrival of another customer. Lucas looked up from his parchment to see in a teenager in blue civilian garb. The newcomer called his name rather boisterously and asked if Lilian was around. Lucas glanced at Rory Bloomfield. "Gimme one sec Rory, mate. Be with you then." Lucas turned back to the father again and just confirmed the details. "That's no problem Mister Giles, we can do that for you for eighty gold pieces. I'll have it delivered to your room at the One-Winged Angel within a day or two." The father and son thanked Lucas and left, and the young man passed the requisition into the back for processing. Lucas turned to Rory and rubbed the back of his neck. "Sorry about that, mate. It's been hectic all day. The Serenity Valley anniversary. You taking part this year?" Lucas suddenly remembered what Rory had asked him when he arrived. "Oh, my sister? She's not back yet from her trip with Pops. They went to check out an old ruin in the Vultani Jungle a few weeks ago. They should be back anytime now though, oh and get this, Fayla Shor and Vala of the Hornless Clan went with them. I was raging I couldn't go."
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Experience : 1693

Resources
Resources: 5600

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun May 03, 2020 5:32 pm

Rory waited patiently. And thankfully, it wasn't long. Though he did forget completely about the Serenity Valley anniversary. "Probably not. Way too tired...the Knights had me busy throughout the Freelands, trying to keep them informed of what was happening there." He didn't divulge any details. If it was Lilian or Andreas, it would be a different story.

Then Lil's little brother remembered what he'd asked, and answered. Chuckling, he patted the boy on the head. "Don't you worry. Give it another year or two and some training with your weapon of choice, and you'll be good to go. Just avoid all the big beasties with big teeth and claws and you'll be fine...the average bandit sucks ass against any trained soldier."

Then he actually processed what else Lucas said. Causing a small "eh" from his mouth...then a much louder "EHHHHHHHHH!" that could probably be heard throughout the capital. Bug eyes and fear stared right back at the boy. Grabbing the teenager at the shoulders and shaking him, Rory went into hysterics. "ARE YOU NUTS! WHY DID YOU LET THEM GO THERE! AND WITH A HEANTA TO BOOT! WHERE EXACTLY DID THEY GO! THE RED FANG WAS ALSO SPOTTED GOING INTO THE JUNGLE TOO IN LARGE NUMBERS, THE HELL! WHERE ARE THEY GOING I'LL ORGANIZE A RESCUE PARTY! WE NEED TO SAVE THEM!"

As strong as he knew the two knights were, he was still worried about them. Particularly because of the Vultani Jungle being the Vultani Jungle, the fact a Heanta was with them, and the fact the Red Fang had been sending small armies into the Jungle for reasons unknown.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu May 07, 2020 7:25 pm

Lucas listened to Rory explain why he wasn't taking part in the imminent festivities. "That makes sense. I'm stuck here too. The sooner Pops gets back the better. There's so much to do." Rory then went full ham, patting him on the head and telling him that he'll be able to join his dad on his adventures if he just trains and gives it time. The youngest of the Toral family grumbled and rolled his eyes, but said nothing. He was about to turn to grab a parchment from the counter, when he suddenly saw the cogs turning in Rory's head as he fully processed what Lucas had told him about Lilian. Lucas suddenly found himself being frantically shaken by a now hysterical Rory, who was yelling about the dangers in the Vultani Jungle, including the Heanta they brought with them and the recent reports of Red Fang activity in the area, and scolding Lucas for not stopping them.

Lucas had enough and aimed an open-hand slap at Rory's face, with enough force to snap the young man out of his hysteria but not enough to cause any damage. "Snap out of it, you blithering idiot. You're supposed to be a Knight too you know. Start acting like it!" Lucas took a deep breath before continuing. "I know you like my sister, and that you want her to be safe, but you need to relax. Vala and Fayla are friends of Lilian's, and they do seem pretty cool and friendly." Lucas reached for the parchment that he had been trying to reach before Rory's meltdown and began scrawling a note about Mister Giles' order. "In any case, Pops wouldn't have brought them anywhere if he didn't think they could handle it. He's been a Knight longer than Lili and you put together, so he knows what he's doing. Trust me." Lucas finished writing and returned the parchment to the counter.
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun May 10, 2020 10:04 pm

The slap made him yelp in surprise and maybe a little bit of pain. Rubbing his cheek, Rory listened to Lucas. He still frowned though. "You haven't been by Karem or Karcenak. I've heard a lot of Heanta biding their time. Add in a jungle that's known to be extremely dangerous, so much so that even Asentari try not to travel through there if possible, and the reports of small armies of Red Fang invading the area? Even Knights make mistakes. Don't get me wrong, I know Andreas has been a knight longer than Lil and I, and can definitely hold his own. As can Lil. But I still can't help but think this is some sort of elaborate trap. Possibly even a plot to even get Mondolin and Edia to get into another war."

He shivered at that thought. Hopefully they'd notice the bodies of the Red Fang before coming to any solid conclusions. Assuming things didn't go according to plan. And there was a few knights that certainly would like to have another go at Edia for one reason or another. "And please, Lucas, an Eldari and a Heanta? Friends? That's a tall tail if I ever heard one in this day and age. Heanta are worse than plotting nobles, and I hear a lot of that crap..."
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon May 11, 2020 4:25 pm

The door opened as Rory finished talking and Lilian and Vala stepped inside. Lilian was tired, sweaty and her hair was a mess. Vala looked untouched by the elements, though Lilian had seen her fussing with her long red hair, trying to tame it in the wind. Lucas was about to explain to Rory that Vala wasn't any old heanta, when the two came in. "Sis! You're back. Where's pops?" He asked walking around the counter. Lilian's hands shot out, and as he realized what was coming tried to back away only to be snatched into a hug. "I missed you little brother!" She sang, squeezing him until he started to turn purple, his arms flailing wildly. "Lili! Gah!" When she was done almost squeezing the life out of him, she released him. Vala reached out her hand to him. "Hey Lucas." She said.

Lucas shook it as Lilian turned to greet Rory with a smile and friendly slap on the shoulder, all the while cursing his ill timed visit in her head. "Hello Rory. How are you?" She asked. Looked at him curiously and waved. "Hey, Where is Dad?" Lucas said again. Lilian looked at him. "Oh, He's with Fayla at the infirmary. She got injured and he insisted she get the wound seen to properly." She said. "It was nothing bad. Just a scratch from the most unthinkable monstrosity I've ever punched in the face." Vala exclaimed. "What? What kind of monster?" Lucas asked. Lilian looked between Rory and Lucas. She didn't wan't to upset Rory with stories about Undari nightmares. She was already worried about how he might react when he realised what Vala was."Maybe I'll tell you later-" She started to say, when Vala cut in. "It was terrifying! It had four long arms, Three if you exclude the one Fayla chopped off, and a mouth full of needlesharp teeth! And a fishtail! It was an Undari Siren, apparently very attractive but I'm not so sure. Maybe you have to be an undari to appreciate it." She explained.

"Well, it didn't look so bad before it transformed." Lilian added. Lucas looked at Vala. "And you punched it?" He asked incredulously. "Yep." Vala bared her fangs proudly. "Don't look so doubtful Lucas. Vala is a trained martial artist. She's very skilled at the punching." Lilian said. Vala's pale cheeks flushed. "Oh stop, My ego is big enough." Vala replied.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Experience : 2289

Resources
Resources: 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue May 12, 2020 12:35 am

Upon arriving back to Mith Silvanus, Andreas had dropped Vala and Lilian back at the shop, while he took her to the infirmary in the Silver Citadel to get looked at by the best medics the Kingdom had to offer. Fortunately, the damage was not as bad as they feared. Fayla's knowledge of triage procedure had stopped her blood loss and helped the healing progress, while her Eldari heritage had slowed the poison enough to prevent serious complications. The medics stitched up the wound and put a proper dressing on it, leaving her with a bandaged-up abdomen. The nurses recommended that she remain in bed for a couple of days, but Andreas knew that they were going to be out of luck on that one. He smiled warmly at her. "I know you young folks like to be out there doing things, but at least promise me you'll take it easy for a while." Fayla smiled back and nodded. "I promise. Can we go back to your shop now please?" Andreas chuckled and stood up. "Fair enough. You know, you don't need to ask me permission." Fayla blushed when she realized this, and realized just how lucky Lucas and Lilian were to have a dad like Andreas. As they left, she thought about just how much Andreas Toral reminded her of her own father.

Lucas stared from Lilian to Vala in astonishment. "That's so cool! I wish I'd gone too!" He suddenly went wide-eyed and looked at Vala. "So Fayla cut its arm off, and you punched it? That's awesome! Is Fayla alright? And Pops?"
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Tue May 12, 2020 1:47 am

Lilian and another woman came in just before Lucas could start speaking again. Rory perked up and looked over Lilian. She looked as good as ever, even after it'd been apparent that she's been working in the hot and humid area of the jungle. After suffocating her little brother, Lil finally noticed him, waving and asking how he was. "I'm fine, but more importantly, what about you?!" He flailed his arms around a bit wildly. Like seriously woman! Think about yourself!

Then they got into what had happened. The blond visibly paled at the thought. "See?! That's yet another reason not to go into the Vultani Jungle! In addition to the usual beasties that lurk there, and the armies of Red Fang punks invading the area, and with a heanta!" Again, he flailed to emphasize his point. Then his mind caught up to what was said. Vala. This one. Sharp fangs.

Recoiling and with eyes wide, he spoke and reached for where his sword normally was. "Shit!" At this point, he stalled when he didn't feel the hilt of his Blue Rose sword where it normally was. Because of course he'd leave it back at his place of residence. Why would he have ever needed it in the Capitol? Except for now...when the guards were obviously dumb...asses...okay, so Vala the Hornless took to the name and didn't exactly look like a heanta until she smiled. But still.

He rushed for the nearest one handed sword he could see...
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue May 12, 2020 2:20 am

"I'm fine Rory." Lilian said. "She dislocated her shoulder saving Fayla. Very brave." Vala added, extremely unhelpful. Lilian shot her a glare. The heanta knew exactly what she was doing but smiled innocently. Her story about the Undari only set Rory off further, and he started to flail so violently she was worried his arms might come off. She felt a drop in the room temperature as he finished his sentance with, "And a heanta!", and she turned to look at Vala who was staring at Rory, head tilted to the side.

And then Rory finally caught on, he recoiled and stared at Vala with wide eyes. He reached for a sword that wasn't there and cursed. Meanwhile, Vala took sudden great interest in her fingers, extending her hand out to inspect her claws as they slid forth. She wasn't even looking at Rory who had turned to try and grab a sword off the wall. Lilian drew her own sword and activated the enchantment, thrusting it forward to strike the sword he was reaching for. The blade bounced out of reach of Rory, and Lilian stepped towards him. "RORY!" She snapped his name. "Ooh that's what angry Lilian sounds like." Vala said as she retracted her claws.

"Get a hold of yourself! Vala might be a Heanta, but she's not a bad person. She's my friend, and she saved my life. That Undari Siren was about to rip me open, and she risked her own neck to make sure it didn't. She nearly exausted herself and still stood between us and that thing, and if you try to hurt her I'll slap you into next week!" Lilian took a deep breath, then continued. "Besides, if you haven't gathered, she's Celeana the Hornless' daughter. Ren the Hornless' grandaughter. What do you think will happen if you actually succeeded in killing her? Hmm?" Lilian asked. Vala looked at Lucas and whispered. "By the by, who is this kid? one of your school friends?"

Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue May 12, 2020 3:05 am

Andreas and Fayla thanked the medics and exited the medical wing of the Citadel. As they walked, Andreas stopped to pick up some papers from his office, "paperwork to catch up on" as he put it. They got outside, and they began to walk down the street, ignoring the suspicious stares of the guards. Fayla turned to Andreas as they walked, a questioning look on her face. "Andreas, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?" Andreas chuckled at the question. "Compared to your people, probably not very old. For a Human though, old enough. I'm eighty-seven." Fayla looked thoughtful for a moment, and Andreas could sense something was being withheld. "Don't go all shy on me now, kiddo. What's the matter?" Fayla snapped out of her thoughts and smiled at him. "Oh, nothing. It's just... you remind me so much of my dad. Lilian is lucky to have you."

Andreas was caught off-guard by this, but he quickly recovered his easy-going demeanor. "Oh, that's nice of you to say but, I'm really lucky to have her, and Lucas too. Every day they make Clara and me proud." Fayla stroked her chin. "Clara? Is that Lilian's mother?" Andreas nodded and smiled. "Yeah. I imagine Lilian's told you about her." Fayla nodded somberly. "She did. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bring the subject up like that." Andreas shook his head and smiled warmly. "Don't worry about it kid. You know, speaking of Lilian, she's lucky to have you, too. She told me all about her little adventure in Zadartis. She really thinks highly of you, and not just as a fighter." Fayla's ears pricked at that statement, and it took all of her will to not turn beet red on the spot, given what had happened on the way back from the jungle. "Oh, I had no idea." Andreas nodded. "Yeah, and given how you risked yourself to protect her, I'm inclined to agree. You're a good kid. Vala too. I had a bit of a chat with her when we were separated, before things went south. I'm grateful that Lilian is friends with you both. Ah, here we are. I wonder what kind of laughs the girls and Lucas are having." As Andreas looked up and saw his shop approaching, Fayla turned away and hid a small smile, though it was accompanied by no small amount of fear.

Lucas watched in shock as Rory quickly became more hysterical, arms flailing around like a windmill. Vala seemed to be stoking the fires a bit, and Lucas grinned at her, admiring her ability to set Rory off so fast. Rory was a good person, but he was a bit of a worry-wort, and the stories of the Vultani Jungle were just what he needed to jump to battle-stations. Things actually escalated further, to Lucas' amazement, when Rory figured out that Vala was the Heanta that he had told him about. He reached for his belt, finding nothing, before going for a sword on the rack against the wall.

Before Lucas could move, Lilian reacted quickly and knocked the sword from Rory's reach, before stepping to Rory and berating him for panicking. Vala remarked on hearing angry Lilian for the first time, and Lucas moved up beside her and snickered. "You should see her when she's not had her beauty sleep." Lilian finished her lecture, and Vala whispered to Lucas to ask who Rory actually was. Lucas shrugged and whispered back. "It's a bit of a long story, but he's a Knight too, and he had a thing for Lilian before, but she had none of it. His family are acquaintances of our family. Real rich folk."
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Wed May 13, 2020 1:28 am

Rory made a very "manly" squeak when Lilian made sure he wouldn't get a sword in hand. And made an argument. "That just makes it worse! Assuming that she really is a "good Heanta" and isn't just biding her time for some elaborate trap or just using you, her presence and relation alone is enough to spark a war with Kyrias! The warmongers may be eyeing south, but that doesn't mean they won't settle for north! The excuse being that they sent a spy! Moreover, what do you think will happen to your and Andreas's careers, and poor Lucas for that matter, if or when it's found out that you housed her?! At the minimum you'd be exiled, and at worse executed for treason! And poor Lucas orphaned! She cannot stay here long! And I'm sorry, but I'm obligated to report it if she isn't gone by the day after tomorrow...and even that's stretching it...and I'm only really waiting just because it's you telling me she can be trusted...which I do have my doubts on.

As far as the current Warlord is concerned, if I do kill Vala, and that's a big if since fights are never predictable, she'd have to come here. And I don't think the rest of the knights are gonna just part ways and let her come in to kill me or turn me into a slave just because I reported and/or killed a spy. She'd have to contend with the Knight-Commander themselves. Best case, Vala is captured and handed off to her with no ill will. Particularly if we actually treat her well or decent."

He finally breathed. Hopefully, that will convince the two woman that staying for very long would not be a good idea, in spite of Vala's appearance and easily mistaken for an unusual Eldari. He did catch on to what Lucas told Vala though, and he huffed. "Compared to normal, everyday folk, yeah, we're rich. But there are merchants that are richer than us. My family actually tends to give a shit about the normal folk in our lands, and thus tends to invest in our roads, our schools, our infrastructure, etc. We rule a spot of land that damn near everyone has to pass through to get to the southwest of the Kingdom, and skirt the edge of to get to Sunshield Hold. We don't have much influence, but we do have some. Not like it matters to me, since when dad goes, damn near everything goes to my older brother, and my older sister gets a house and a small bit of land, but I get nothing. I'm only a knight because of tradition...and frankly that's probably a good thing..." Seeing as he...well, gets nothing.

Still, he eyed Vala suspiciously. She was definitely willing to open him up. And didn't seem too concerned about him...well, he was made a knight for a reason, damn it! And not just because of his stealth abilities!
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Wed May 13, 2020 3:07 am

Lilian sighed in exasperation. She knew Rory had feelings for her but he really took his overpretectiveness to another level. She shook her head. "Rory don't be rediculous. We already know not every heanta is associated with Kyrias. There are heanta living in Edaria, and they don't cause trouble. No one's getting arrested or exiled, especially since you need to actually commit a crime to break our laws. Last I checked, Walking into mondolin isn't a crime, We let Asentari come and go, so Vala's done no wrong on that count. And if you really trust me, you would actually listen to me on this. I'm the one who got maimed by Korroth, I think I can tell the difference between a good and bad Heanta. I also understand what you have to do, and I won't stop you." She took a breath as Rory surmised what would happen if he actually managed to kill Vala.

"Not a knight in the realm would keep you in one piece if you killed me. Though I can't say if it would be my mother, or Fayla who gets you." Vala said. "Not helpful Vala. Besides, its not about what happens to you. You'll start a war. It doesn't matter who wins, but many people will die. I know it seems like our job to fight wars, but I think its our job to make sure it never comes to war to begin with." She said. She was starting to tire of this conversation. But it seemed like Rory was relenting for now as he overheard Vala and Lucas whispering. "Its rude to whisper in company, you pair!" Lilian said. Lucas and Vala giggled.

~~~

Vala watched Rory as Lucas explained to her who he was and how he had feelings for Lilian. Rory overheard them, and began to explain that he wasn't that rich and wasn't getting any of it anyway. Vala Looked between Lilian and Rory and seen a problem. Fayla liked Lilian, and though Lucas said Lilian wasn't interested in Rory, he probably didn't know if she'd changed her feelings on that. That meant that he could potentially get in the way of Fayla and Lilian becoming a couple, which Vala wanted because she wanted her best friend to be happy. She looked at Rory again."That's pretty tough. I'm an only child, so I don't have to worry to much about my inhertance. I only almost got Assassinated twice." She said, casually. He was kind of scrawny, but he was pretty, and relatively clean looking. Vala shook her head with a smile.

For Fayla, I will make him forget all about Lilian. Vala thought, as she carefully walked forward as if she were approaching a frightened baby deer."Don't worry cutie, Myself and Fayla are leaving tomorrow, so there won't be any need to report our presence. We'd go today, but Lilian promised to take us for drinks before we go." Lilian turned to look at Vala with a frown. "You can come with us, and keep an eye on me. Not that I need to be watched, but if its by you I don't mind." She bit her bottom lip slightly and looked him up and down slowly. Lilian looked at Vala, then Rory, and her frown deepened. But then she shrugged it off, and looked at Rory.

~~~

"What do you think? It'll be fun, and it has been a while since we got to hang out." Lilian said, giving Rory a softer smile. Lilian turned her smile to Vala, wondering if the girl had a crush on Rory. It seemed a bit strange, since she had almost been attacked by him, but Heanta were strange. Love in general, was strange. And Awkward, she thought of Fayla and felt herself blush slightly.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu May 14, 2020 7:05 pm

Lucas was not ready for this day. While he was happy to see his sister safe and sound, the subsequent argument had begun to give him an even bigger headache than he had before Rory had traipsed in looking for Lilian. He slowly and quietly sidled in behind the counter and began to resume his work, hoping he hadn't fallen too far behind from all of the fuss. His eyes lit up when he saw a familiar face enter the shop, followed by another one. He beamed at his father and savior from the current awkward situation. "Pops! How are ya?"

Andreas opened the door and walked inside, holding it open for Fayla. Upon getting inside, he immediately detected an air of tension, between the serious looks on Lilian and Rory's faces, to Lucas trying not to be seen behind the counter. His son greeted him with a strangely relieved tone, and Andreas smiled at him. "Hey Kip. Sorry about taking so long to get back. Everything going smoothly?" Lucas nodded with a slightly exaggerated air of weariness. "Yeah, all good. Busy with Serenity Valley day orders." Andreas suddenly looked surprised. He had forgotten all about that particular occasion. "Is it that already? Whew. Sorry about that, son. Let me get cleaned up and I'll let you off." He then looked around at the rest of the assembled crew. He nodded to Rory and smiled warmly. "Hey Rory. Are you keeping well?" He walked over to the counter and left his backpack down behind it, awaiting Rory's answer.

Fayla followed Andreas into the shop, also noting a something a little amiss in the room. While Andreas spoke to his son, Fayla walked over to Vala and Lilian, smiling weakly at her Heanta best friend. "Hi. Did I miss anything?" She looked at Lilian and immediately turned a reddish tinge. "Oh... hi... sorry." She averted her gaze quickly, before looking at Rory. She smiled and nodded awkwardly. "Hello, young man." Fayla then looked at Vala inquiringly. "Aren't you gonna introduce me to your friend?"
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Fri May 15, 2020 12:03 am

Rory looked down, and looked thoroughly chastised. Still, he had some ending remarks. "They do need to declare themselves though. Peaceful or uneasy peace or not, that won't matter to Sigismund and his brood. Plus you know how most people feel about both Asentari and Heanta...I suppose it would be dangerous for her to declare herself...if they did, legally or not, they likely won't leave the city alive...I'll relent, but I'm keeping an eye on her..."

Then came the remark about his rough life. Flailing again, this time in irritation at the pity, he spoke some more. "Save your pity! Brother gave me the best tutor we could afford to make sure I was set! I made it past the trials just fine thank you very much!" And his recommendations was only controversial because of his personality quirks, not his combat ability nor his usefulness as a spy. He didn't even comment on the assassination attempts. He nearly got eaten by a Fenroc...assassins don't scare him that much.

Then came the offer and the compliments. Which only made him roll his eyes dramatically. How many times has he heard that before? Or something similar. He probably should keep a running list, though this one was by far the most far fetched. "Fine. But we're stopping by my place first to get my Blue Rose. " The name of his sword. Of course, who would come in but Fayla, by process of elimination, and Andreas.

Who asked about work and asked the younger knight if he was keeping well. "About as well as I can be without you two giving me heart attacks! You...didn't run into a whole gaggle of Red Fang punks, did you? While you were in the jungle? Juresh was sending small armies in there plus was making a big power play against Edaria...so...yeah, just wondering is all..."

The eldari in the room then asked about him. "I'm right here, you could ask me yourself. I'm Knight Rory Bloomfield. A friend of the Torals. By process of elimination, you must be Fayla. Pleasure." While curt, and a bit put off that she didn't ask him directly, he was still quite a bit more civil with her than with Vala. Even friendly.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun May 17, 2020 9:29 pm

"I can understand why you think it's necessary for them to say they're here, We had an asentari named Rex in the shop a few weeks back, and I was pissed he never told me he was an asentari, but ended up finding out through Fayla. But then I realised its not fair to be annoyed about that, because of the likes of Sigismund Mondolin isn't safe for Vala or Fayla or Rex to go around announcing themselves. As long as no one else finds out, they're safe enough though." Lilian said. Vala commented on his tough life and Rory went off on one, though Lilian was certain the heanta was being sarcastic. The heanta put the back of her hand dramatically to her forehead. "Oh my poor lord, you must have struggled to survive but fear not, it paid off, you look the part of a well trained and valiant knight!" Vala said.

After Vala invited Rory along to get drinks that they'd never planned for, Rory agreed to go but insisted he get his blue rose. "Why do you need a blue rose? I'm touched but I don't need a flower." Vala asked as Lilian shook her head. "It's his sword. Rory, you don't need a sword." Lilian said. "Hey its fine, Heanta often try to stick each other with pointy things when courting." Vala said. Lilian was familiar enough with Vala to know when she wasn't being serious, and thankfully this was one of those times. She and Fayla were very rarely serious about anything.

A moment later Lilian's father came in with Fayla in tow. Lilian waved and Andreas and Lucas had a quick talk about the shop while Fayla came over and asked if she'd missed anything. She looked a Lilian and blushed slightly, causing Lilian to do the same. "Hi." She said Shyly. Rory asked Andreas about the Red Fang. Lilian remembered him mentioning it earlier. "I take it this is a new developement. We seen nothing of it. Maybe a few bandit corpses, but there was no sight of an entire army." She said. She was wondering if Rory might not be exaggerating.

Vala witnessed the blush they shared, and Fayla asked about Rory who immediately went on the offensive, expressing annoyance that she didn't ask him directly. "You must forgive Fayla, Lord, She's very shy. Doesn't like to speak directly to strangers." Vala said. She knew she had a job to do, for Fayla's sake, but the sarcasm was going right over his head and she was starting to find it amusing to poke fun. "Any idea what happeend in Edaria?" She asked Rory, looking in concern to Fayla. Juresh was bad news.

"If there's trouble, I'm sure Kairi will be there to deal with it." Lilian said. Vala nodded. Kairi could handle the Red Fang, and last she'd seen of Bethany she was headed that way. "Yeah thats true. So, will we go get that sword and head out. The festival looked like allot of fun." Vala said. Lilian nodded.  "I really need a bath. What about you Fayla?" Lilian asked. She started to blush. Vala seen her chance. "Oh fine, you two go get ready. I can go with Rory to get his sword." Vala suggested. Split off the prey from the flock, so the flock could have some much needed alone time. You're a genius Vala.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sat May 23, 2020 6:10 pm

Andreas looked a little taken aback when Rory responded, but quickly regained his composure. He had known from what Lucas and Lilian had told him that the young man had a tendency to be somewhat of a worry-wort, but this was a bit much even for him. "Relax, kiddo. I've seen the reports of Red Fang activity in the area. As far as I could see, it seems to just be small bands of poachers. We didn't encounter any Red Fang presence in the jungle, although to be fair we didn't go too far in anyway." Andreas looked down at the order parchment, eyes widening when he saw the length of the list. "Oh wow. You really were busy, Kip. I'll just get straight to work then. I can get cleaned up and offload the cart later." He turned to look at Fayla with almost fatherly concern. "You going to be okay, Fayla?" The Eldari nodded sheepishly, and Andreas smiled warmly at her and Vala. "Well, if you need anything, just let me or Lilian know." He then turned to Lucas and patted him on the shoulder. "Alright, son. Let's get to work. You can have a whole week off after this." The teenager narrowed his eyes and smirked mischievously. "Make it two and you've got a deal." Andreas chuckled and nodded to the kids in his shop. "We'll see. Have fun guys." With that, father and son headed into the back area to smash some metal.

Fayla listened as Andreas tried to assuage Rory's fears, staring awkwardly at her feet. The boy seemed a bit panicky and fearful about the whole ordeal, even more so than the ones who had actually been on the adventure. She decided not to disclose her injury, and in turn making the stressed young man even more worried, though she did absentmindedly start rubbing her tender side. Andreas excused himself to go and help out in the forge, but he did stop to make sure Fayla was alright. She nodded and returned his warm smile. "I'm fine. Thanks, Andreas." With that, father and son vanished into the back area, leaving the awkward scene behind them. Lilian had seemed to be equally awkward when she greeted her at least, and it made her feel slightly better that she wasn't the only one. Rory reacted with indignation when Fayla had asked Vala to introduce him to her, though his youthful appearance gave it the look of childish petulance more so than actual malice or contempt. The young man did ultimately introduce himself, and correctly deduced Fayla's own identity. Fayla nodded and offered the strongest smile she could muster. "Sorry. Nice to meet you too, Knight Bloomfield." The young man seemed to be put at ease once that hurdle was overcome.

What was strange, however, was Vala's response. When Rory had become upset by Fayla's inadequate introduction, the Heanta had offered a somewhat over-the-top and sycophantic apology on her friend's behalf. Fayla looked to Lilian in confusion clearly having missed an important piece of this puzzle. Rory's mention of Edaria's trouble with Juresh Enyo did pique everyone's interest, with Lilian mentioning that if something had gone wrong there, Kairi would be on the case. Fayla nodded to Vala and smiled. "Yeah, Kairi can handle it I'd say. Though if there is a throwdown, I wouldn't mind getting in on that fun." She made eye-contact with Lilian and smiled shyly before averting her eyes quickly to her feet again. Vala then suggested going to get a sword, before mentioning a festival. Fayla nodded, intrigued at the prospect of a distraction from the pain of her slowly mending side.

"Festival, huh? What's the occasion?" Lilian then said that she needed a bath first, and asked Fayla if she wanted one too. The Human started to blush, but Fayla turned a shade of red that healers would consider 'concerning'. When she spoke, her words fell out in one long torrent of panicked alarm. "WellImeansurethatisifyoudon'tmind. Idon'twannaintrudeoranythingbutthehealersdidsaytokeepmysidecleananditwouldfeelnicetobecleanbutImeanonlyifyoudon'tmind. Thatisit'sreallyuptoyou." She took a deep breath of needed air and smiled weakly. "What I guess I mean to say is, sure." Vala for one, was perfectly fine with the idea and rolled along with it without question, offering to go with Rory to go and get his sword. That snapped her back down to Asmir. "Oh yeah, I was gonna ask about that. What's the sword for?" She took what she thought was a stealthy step closer to Lilian, to try and not look so awkward and weird. However, her usually reliable stealth skill reverted to that of a Fenroc, and she glanced at Lilian before looking at her shoes again, distinctly embarrassed at her inability to do anything right in front of this girl. Come on, Fayla! You're so crap at this!

Last edited by Orgoth on Wed May 27, 2020 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun May 24, 2020 2:02 am

He gave his best glare, which was...not threatening at all due to his cute face. She hadn't seen him fight or anything, so she was simply mocking him. Then came the comment about him not needing a sword. Well, he'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. He flailed again at the courtship comment. "I DID NOT NEED TO KNOW THAT!" This was not a courtship!

Then everyone finally caught on to what he had said earlier. "Those were the earliest reports. Not the more recent ones. I am glad that you missed them though." He looked back and forth between Lilian and Valatrix before continuing. "Normally I'd agree, but this time I think she'll have to mobilize her strongest fighters. Juresh is sending Lina Hargrave. Her Hounds alone are known to be at least on par with the elite forces of whichever nation.

I didn't discover what the big play is, but you can bet it's likely something to do with Lady Aline. And Juresh is making sure it's getting done right. I was overstaying my welcome by the time I found out that much and had to run through a ton of sewers and even take a few dives that I really did not want to take."
He shivered at the thought. That was not fun...he soaked in the bath for an hour just for those reasons. Despite having washed in a few lakes and streams after that.

He simply nodded at Fayla to let her know that he accepted her apology. The he still sent a look at Vala at the "lord" part. He was no lord. "There's definitely going to be a throwdown. And I'm not sure if anyone really wants to be a part of that..."

Nodding at Lilian and Fayla, he cocked his head to the side at the Eldari's jumbled mess of a response. What was that about? Whatever, he started to walk out with a "come hither" motion at Vala. "I am so glad I'm the only one worried about the Heanta in the room..." He muttered just loud enough for anyone else to hear. Hopefully Vala would just follow without comment.

When he got to his housing complex, which was awfully close to the intelligence division, he just waved the guards away from Vala, telling them to relax. Upon entering his room, it was a bit humble. A large canopy bed was the most extravagant thing in the room. There was a chair and table, a counter and a small kitchen space, a fireplace, wardrobe, and a wall dedicated to his actual work clothes. His leather armor was folded neatly on a shelf, next to it his arm mounted crossbow, and below those, in a sword rack, his Blue Rose.

Next to those was a detailed picture of when Lilian was just about to finish the Knight Trials, with her metal arm and all. A few other other detailed pictures lingered here and there, including one with a malnourished fenroc skewered with dozens of arrows and two people that looked very similar to him, aside from one being a bigger and more manlier version of him and the other clearly being female. Most were created by his magic ability, but some he did paint normally. He was a bit of an amateur artist, so there was a pretty clear distinction between the two styles.

Hooking his sky blue sword with a blue rose at the guard onto his belt, he turned towards Vala. "You ready?"
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue May 26, 2020 8:31 pm

Rory's reaction to Vala's comment on courting rituals had her snorting with laughter. He looked between them when they mentioned Kairi. Vala nodded. "You're right of course, but I'm sure Kairi can get in contact with Bethany." When Lilian looked at her questioningly Vala grinned. "She's a badass firebreathing Merc." Lilian nodded slowly. "Her and Kairi put the smack down on a heanta Elite. I'd have loved to watch that fight but Fayla and me were busy with Thassa." Lilian looked at Fayla. "I heard all about that."

Fayla responded to Lilian in what Vala could only consider a catastrophy of words. She pinched the bridge of her nose in exasperation. She needed to remember, Fayla was new to this. Hopefully Lilian wasn't as hopeless. Lilian blushed deeply. "I do. dont. Mind... Yes." No she was hopeless too. The best thing Vala could do was distract Rory. Fayla asked what the sword was for. "He thinks he needs it as protection for Vala." Lilian said. Vala grinned. "Wrong kind of protection." She gave Rory a sweet smile as he commented about being the only one worried about her. "I really appreciate the concern but its ok, I don't mind coming with you instead of staying for a bath." She knew exactly what he was getting at but didn't care. He could worry all he wanted, it didn't change the fact that she wasn't a danger to him. Lilian shot Rory a glare. "Rory. Be nice. And safe.."

Rory walked out the door and Vala followed him. She considered the human as they walked in the direction of the residence. He didn't seem like a particularly appealing mate, not for a human at least. Vala had known many heanta females who saught out a weaker mate, to maintain dominance in the relationship. Her mother had refused to marry for the very reason that she didn't want a male trying to boss her around. She glowered. No wonder her father ran. They reached Rory's large house and he waved away the guards before they could stop her. Vala smiled at them cutely and they gave their young lord a sideways glance. When they were out of earshot she said, "I hope they don't tell your parent's you brought a girl home."

He lead her to a large room with a small kitchen space and a large bed. There were images, all over the room. Vala had seen paintings before, but these were life like scenes as if she had were seeing memories with her own eyes. She looked at the one of Lilian next to his sword, which she ignored. "What are these?" She asked, as she glanced at a few others. Some had been painted, and weren't all that bad, but she could see a clear difference. She reached out to touch the image of the dead Fenroc, stopping her hand inches away, with his siblings standing around it. Too similar to Rory for both to be his parents, and young. She had to admit, they were rather attractive. "I see the looks run in the Family." She said, pulling her hand back.

He asked if she was ready and she gave him a coy smile. "We don't need to rush. Fayla and Lilian might be a while, they won't notice us taking our time." She said to him.

Lilian watched them leave, worried about how well Rory was going to fair being alone with Vala, and then turned to Fayla who had taken a 'discreet' step towards her. Lilian gave her a shy smile. "How's you're side feeling?" She asked. "Come on, I'll go us a bath. I mean you, you can have one first unless..." Lilian paused, reddening in the face. "Lets.. go.."She reached out to take Fayla's hand then pulled back, then turned and walked away, leading Fayla to the house and and up stairs to the bath. When she was younger, Lilian and her mother had enchanted a copper tank that heated water for their baths, and fed it into the bath through a tap. Lilian activated the enchanment, then lead Fayla into her room, which contained a bed, small table, several enchanting tools, and a dresser.

On the Dresser was one of Rory's Memory images of her, and her mother. It had been the first time she'd met him, the same day they'd joined the knights as Pages. He'd given it to her as a gift, and was one of the reasons she'd remained friends with him after he rather awkwardly declared his feelings for her. That and, despite being somewhat neurotic and spoiled, he was a good friend. "That will take a minute. Sit down if you want." Lilian said, waving to the bed. While she was waiting, she grabbed Fayla a towel. "Throw you're tunic on the bed, I'll repair it. You can borrow some of my clothes if you want." She said, waving to her dresser.

While Fayla was getting ready, Lilian returned to the bathroom, turned on the tap and added some soaps to it. Once it was full, she returned to her room. "Go ahead in, its ready." Lilian said to Fayla, pointing towards the bathroom.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed May 27, 2020 5:00 am

Fayla stared at her boots and smiled a little as Lilian mentioned that she had heard about the scuffle in Yoniva Town. In particular Vala and Fayla's defeat of Thassa, the notorious Dying Suns leader. Lilian then seemed to trip over her words as she replied to Fayla's word explosion. She looked up and stared into Lilian's eyes for a moment with her own big green eyes, trying to find any clue as to exactly what the Human was feeling, but she couldn't focus enough to read her. Feelings and thoughts were racing through her mind like Jerboas in a forest, darting around just out of view, taking up all of her focus and causing her heart to beat faster than it should. She barely registered Lilian's answer about the sword, and Vala's subsequent reply about "the wrong kind of protection". She looked at her Heanta friend with a puzzled look, but offered no further comment.

With that, Vala and Rory wandered out of the shop. Fayla looked to Lilian, concentrating on regulating her breathing. She twisted her torso ever so slightly, not enough to cause damage but just enough to cause her a bit of pain. She snapped back into focus, as Lilian asked how her side was feeling. Fayla smiled weakly. "I've had worse. It'll be better once I've washed it I guess." Lilian then beckoned Fayla to follow her to the Toral house, stumbling over her words a little once again. Fayla wasn't sure if Lilian was experiencing the same feelings as herself, or if Fayla had simply made everything so awkward that Lilian was just having trouble even deciding what to do about her. This doubt gave Fayla a slightly faraway look as they left the shop, and she didn't even notice Lilian awkwardly holding out her hand before retracting it quickly. Lucas emerged from the back and saw that the crowd had gone. Retrieving a parchment, he sighed in relief. "Thank the Gods. I thought they'd never leave." The young man then returned to work.

At the house, Fayla followed Lilian as she led her up to the bathing room, where there was an enchanted water tank that seemed to be boiling the water of its own accord. Fayla studied the device for a moment, her childlike curiosity beginning to reassert itself a little. "That's amazing! It's enchanted right? Did you do this?" Lilian began to run the bath, and led Fayla to her bedroom to wait for the bath to be ready. Fayla looked around at the room, noticing the picture of Lilian with an older woman. The woman looked so strikingly like Lilian, that it had to be her mother. The picture was drawn with incredible detail, so much so that it could have been a window that Fayla was looking at. She looked at Lilian and gestured to it, trying to speak like a normal person. "Is that your mother? That's a really good picture. You're both beautiful." Fayla suddenly clamped her mouth shut and lowered her eyes. "Er... sorry."

Fayla sat down when instructed to, and Lilian gave her a towel and told her to leave her tunic on the bed to be repaired. Fayla looked down at the hole in the garment where the Siren's claws had pierced her side, an injury that would have been completely avoidable had she not frozen when she saw Lilian's face on that monster. She nodded sheepishly. "Oh, um... thank you." Fayla waited until Lilian left the room before removing her clothes and laying them on the bed. She looked down at her side, studying the stitching with admiration. The Humans didn't have magical capabilities that her own people had, but she had to admit they knew how to get around that limitation. At least, it was another scar to go with the others she had accumulated in her relatively short life. She heard Lilian returning so she quickly wrapped the towel around herself and smiled at Lilian as the Human walked in and informed her that the bath was ready. She stepped close to Lilian and looked into her blue eyes with her green ones."Thank you, Lilian. You and your dad have been very kind to us, Vala and I. I want you to know... that I appreciate it. A lot." Without thinking, Fayla leaned in and kissed Lilian on the cheek in gratitude, before the Eldari's eyes widened in shock and she gasped and ran into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

A little bit later...

Fayla emerged from the bath feeling clean and refreshed. The water had done wonders for her side, and the pain had subsided greatly. She returned to the bedroom and nodded to Lilian, hoping she had forgotten Fayla's panicked escape to the bathroom earlier. "All done. Thank you." She moved aside to let Lilian pass to get her own bath, and sat down heavily on the bed. Once Lilian was in the bathroom, Fayla slumped back against the wall and studied her newly-repaired clothing. "What am I doing? I'm better than this, aren't I?" Realistically, when it came to personal relationships, Fayla was sorely inadequate. Though not an introvert by any stretch, Fayla had spent so much time traveling with Vala, that she had never really had the chance to form any real bonds with anyone else, especially anyone her age. She had Yavanna back home, and though she had made a few friends in Yoniva, she hadn't stuck around long enough to really get to know each other.

When it came to what she was feeling now, Fayla Shor was completely out of her depth. She had had male crushes in the academy and on the road, but this felt... different. She had only met Lilian once before, in Zadartis, but even then she had already developed strong feelings of... something for her. But things had changed now. Fayla closed her eyes and tried to recall. It all started with their hands touching at the start of their adventure in the Vultani Jungle. It felt like more than a simple crush, there was a longing in her heart now, to be with her and hold her and keep her safe. But there was also doubt. "What could she possibly see in me? What life could she have with me?" Fayla was a traveler at heart, roaming the lands with Vala. Would Lilian want to do that? Would she be able to maintain her love from afar? Amongst all of these fanciful thoughts, there was one major doubt that overshadowed them all. Are these feelings real? Sure they felt different from her crushes in the past, but she had never been in a romantic relationship with someone before, so she didn't actually know how that was supposed to feel. As she heard the sounds of Lilian exiting her bath, Fayla decided to just come clean about what she was feeling, including the doubts.

When Lilian returned Fayla opened her eyes, still wrapped in her towel and sitting on the bed. She smiled genuinely at her Human companion. "Have a good bath?" Then, taking a deep breath, she continued, giving herself no time to second-guess herself. "Lilian, there's something we need to talk about." You've got this. "You've probably noticed me acting strangely since the Jungle. I mean, besides the effects of my injury." She held herself together, regulating her breathing to keep her focus. She looked at the floor before continuing, because her eyes were too much."I... I think I... may have developed feelings for you. Like, more-than-a-friend kind of feelings. You're beautiful... and talented... and kind... and your eyes... and that smile..." She trailed off, her mind in a haze. Making eye contact snapped her back. "I'm sorry... see what I mean? I'm a mess around you and I keep making mistakes and it's really embarrassing and I'm dreading what Vala's going to say if she finds out!" She shook her head. Focus, you blithering idiot. Focus. Fayla took a another and turned to look directly into Lilian's eyes, drawing closer. "The thing is, I... have all of these feelings, but I don't know what to do with them. I just... am I in love? Is it just a crush? I'm... not really good at this kind of thing. I'm used to traveling around with Vala. I don't get the chance to explore this kind of stuff. You know?"

Fayla took Lilian's hands in both of hers, using the protective aspect of her feelings to bolster her resolve. "I... I just want to kiss you right now, but I don't know if that's right. If it is just a silly crush... I don't want to hurt you... Gods... I don't know what I'd do if I hurt you..." Tears began to quietly glaze over Fayla's big green eyes. "I... don't know what to do... I... need help... to deal with this." Fayla gripped Lilian's hands with her own trembling hands, holding her tears in. "What do you think? Pretty sad, huh?" She wiped a rogue tear from her cheek and looked at Lilian, wondering if she had made a mistake in not committing, or made a mistake even telling her what she was feeling. No, she thought, she deserves to know. She only hoped Lilian wouldn't hate her for being a complete mess.
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Wed May 27, 2020 5:19 pm

Rory had looked at Vala with a questioning stare, much like Lilian, and got an answer. Nodding, he figured this Bethany person was an Asentari. Probably a good thing Lil and her haven't met, though Lil's earlier comment did give him some questions. He snorted and stuttered at the wrong kind of protection comment, but settled at glaring instead of even commenting on it. Still, he took Lil's warning. He'd be civil. For now.

He did give Vala a questioning glance when she mentioned the guards. "What makes you think this housing complex belongs to us? It's no secret most nobles keeps a small residence here in the capitol as well, but this one isn't ours. This complex holds at least twenty highly valued intelligence gathering Knights that don't normally live here. A couple of which are known for bringing "friends" into their rooms. It might start some rumors, but it'll die off quickly. And my parents and siblings won't know nor care. Well, maybe sis, but that's it." Yet, at least. He waved away the concern.

As he was getting his sword, the Heanta took an interest in his memories, even asking what these were. "Memories I don't mind sharing. I...have an exceptional memory, even picturesque. I can describe in great detail the happenings of a meeting, a party, etc. with my memory alone, so long as I've seen it. Tell you what a specific person ate and drank, who they associated with, the placement of said food and drink, what kind of looks they gave to others, or any other detail. One of my magical abilities allow me to imprint my memories onto a canvas, damn near anything really. A painting is worth a thousand words. My reports are bigger than most, but includes paintings of what I saw, saving a lot of space, and even questions. That's part of why I'm so highly valued in the Intelligence Corps. I can give literal pictures of what I saw in great detail.

That particular memory was of when a malnourished fenroc came into the territory and nearly ate me. My brother and sister were nearby hunting and had heard my screams and ruckus. If it weren't for them, I would've been an appetizer. I bawled in my sister's arms the entire trek home and complained that they took too long."
He wasn't going to lie about that. The incident scarred him. He was deathly afraid of anything big with sharp teeth and claws. A vultani liger he could deal with, a vultani basilisk was another thing entirely. Or a wyvern of any kind or any other alpha predator.

Then she mentioned that looks ran in the family. She wasn't wrong. Though he'd argue against trying to get with his brother. But she went right into them not needing to rush. Which was true, even if Lilian's and Fayla's mess of words to each other was odd...they were still taking a bath.

"What? Got questions or something? Some sights you want to see? You might be limited on that...but sure I guess...I can answer or play tourist guide..." He had to be careful of what he could divulge to her. His own abilities weren't that big a deal. But other secrets or areas were another thing entirely.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Wed May 27, 2020 9:43 pm

Vala listened to him explain how his ability worked. "I'm impressed." She said to him. She snorted a laugh when he said he cried all the way home after the Fenroc attack. "I'd have made that Fenroc a snack." She said. But then she stopped and looked at him. "Sorry. You didn't have to tell me that, I shouldn't laugh." She said, and meant it genuinely. "My mother taught me to face dangers head on, because chances are no one's going to save me but myself." She said. It wasn't entirely true, though. Fayla had saved her more times than she could count, and she'd returned the favor plenty of times.

He didn't seem to understand what she was implying, and honestly she wasn't surprised. He asked her what she if she had questions or maybe a short tour. Vala smiled seductively. "Or we could put some truth behind any rumors spread about you?" But then she shrugged. Short of ripping her top off and pouncing on him, he probably wouldn't understand what she was getting at. Even at that, he'd probably assume she was attacking him. "How about you tell me what's got you so spooked about heanta?" Vala asked. Even Lilian hadn't been so worried about Vala, and she had all the reason in the world to be afraid of heanta.

Vala sat on the edge Rory's bed, legs streached forward, arms streached back to prop her slender body up. She arched her back slightly and looked at him as she continued. "I'm used to people being scared of me, I accept it but that doesn't mean I enjoy it. And as for earlier, my go to response when someone tries to pull a sword on me is to defend myself. So you can't really blame me for showing my claws. But I'd much rather be friends with you." She said. She was also used to being approached because of her looks, and knew just how beautiful she was. Most of the time she sent them packing, but she was far more experienced than Fayla in these situations.

Lilian nodded. "My mother did, I helped her. She thought me the basics of enchanting. She was good at it when she was younger, but chose to didicate herself to being a knight. I'm trying to be the best at both." Lilian said. Fayla commented on the picture and called them beautiful before apologizing. Lilian smiled, but her eyes were sad. "Thanks. That's one of Rory's memory images. Its an ability of his." She said.

Fayla was ready when Lilian came back, and thanked her for her kindness. She leaned towards Lilian, who thought she was going in for another impromptu kiss. She turned towards her, hesitant, but Fayla went for her cheek, blushed, and ran for the bath. Lilian watched the door swing closed and sighed. She was kind of glad Fayla had changed her mind, if she had indeed intended on kissing her, because Lilian was very sweaty. She went to work on stitching up Fayla's tunic, and then removed her metal arm. She needed to give the muscles a good soak, especially after dislocating it so badly.

Later

Fayla returned to the room, still in her towel, skin damp from the bath. Lilian imediately blushed and ran from the room herself shouting, "No problem." As she did. She spent the next half an hour in the bathroom trying get her head straight while soaking in the bath. She hadn't been sure the other day if the kiss was caused by the poison and exaustion and maybe Fayla was delusional at the time, but she was starting to think Fayla liked her. Lilian knew she felt something for the Eldari, though hadn't really thought about it before Fayla had kissed her because she wasn't sure how Eldari even felt about same gender relationships. Maybe Fayla was struggling with something internal, an identity crisis. Lilian didn't want to make a wrong move, and end up scaring her and Vala away.

Lilian eventually got out of the bath and wrapped a towel around herself, starting to dry off. With a sigh, she realised she forgot clean clothes, and slipped into her room to find Fayla sitting on her bed contemplating something. She looked up. "I just came to.." She started, but trailed off as Fayla opened her own mouth to talk. "Yeah, thanks." She said. Fayla began to explain why she'd been acting strange, and Lilian held her breath, letting the Eldari explain. She started off strong, then started to trail off as she got caught up on Lilian's features. Lilian blushed, for what must have been the fifteenth time in the last hour. "Fayla its ok." Lilian started.

Fayla continued, wondering if she was in love or she just had a crush, and worried about what Vala would say. "The way Vala's acting around Rory I don't think she'll have much to say. But listen for a second, please." Lilian tried, but Fayla continued to rationalise her feelings. She worried about hurting her, she started to cry. Frustrated, Lilian barely heard the last sentance as she took a step towards fayla, and pulled fayla into a kiss. If nothing else it might help her calm down. It lasted for about ten seconds, and she was forced to pull back as her towel slipped slightly. Missing an arm sucked ass. She was about try to resume the kiss, If Fayla wasn't already running, when she heard the door open.

"Lilian I forgot to ask you about the enchantment on my-" Lilian spun around as Lucas beheld her and Fayla. His face turned beat red and he rushed back out the door. "SORRYSORRYSORRYSORRY!" He screamed as the door slammed shut and she heard him thunder back down the stairs. "I better go... talk to him.." she said to Fayla. "Sorry... Can we talk about this in a minute?" She asked as she grabbed a pile of clothes and headed for the door. "You can borrow some clothes... Sorry.." Lilian slipped out, ran into the bathroom, dressed awkwardly and ran down the stairs after her brother. She found him sitting at the kitchen table. "Buddy, are you ok?"

Last edited by Zenke on Thu May 28, 2020 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu May 28, 2020 4:51 am

Fayla stared into the deep blue pools that were Lilian's eyes, as the Human stepped forward, pulled her gently to her feet and ended the Eldari's neurotic monologue with a kiss. Fayla melted into Lilian as they embraced. For the first time, for the hundredth, it didn't matter. All of Fayla's jumbled feelings coalesced, calming her mind and her heart. All that mattered was this one moment, and more was shared than her stuttered words could ever convey. After what seemed like both an eternity and an instant, Lilian released Fayla from the passionate embrace. Fayla stepped back slightly, her mind suddenly clear and focused, doubts suppressed for now. She took a deep breath, trying to replace the breath that Lilian had taken away, and smiled weakly. "I... thank you." It was all she could do, before noticing Lilian adjusting her towel, which had started sliding down due to her metal arm not being present. Fayla smiled, a lighter and more carefree smile than she had managed in what felt like ages. "We sure picked a moment, huh? We should talk first though-" Before she could finish, Lilian began to lean in to resume the kiss, and Fayla couldn't resist even though she knew she should hold back. She was saved, however, by an unlikely source.

A familiar voice echoed in the hallway outside the bedroom, and Fayla noticed that the bedroom door was open. Before she could react, the diminutive figure of Lucas wandered into view, the young man's attention clearly on the parchment he held in front of his face as he walked. He began to ask Lilian about an enchantment of some sort, but stopped abruptly as he lowered the parchment, and spotted a scene he did not expect: his sister and her friend in nothing but towels, about to kiss. Fayla saw the young man's eyes widen to about the size of dinner plates, and the rate at which he turned the color of beetroot was even more alarming than Fayla's recent performances. The Eldari waved and smiled sheepishly. "Er... Hi Lucas, how's it going?" The young man didn't answer, and was gone with a suddenness that would put Fayla's Strike-Slash to shame, door slamming behind him as he yelled apologies over his shoulder. Lilian suggested that she go and talk to her younger brother, and she and Fayla could talk afterwards. Fayla nodded, still slightly in a state of euphoria from what had transpired before Lucas arrived. "Yeah, of course." Lilian gestured to a chest of drawers and told Fayla she could borrow what she needed, as her own clothes weren't repaired yet, and left to get dressed in the bathroom. Fayla closed the door after her and began to get changed, choosing the simplest and least expensive-looking of Lilian's outfits, a simple white tunic with loose navy-blue trousers and soft flat shoes. She began to get dressed, analyzing everything she had just experienced with a slight smile on her face.

Lucas was right earlier. He definitely was not prepared for today. He had been let off on break by his dad once he had brought him up to speed on the orders, and Andreas had begun churning out blades and armor at an impressive pace to have everything ready for the festival later on. Deciding to go home to work on a project of his before getting food, Lucas had heard the two girls' voices and noticed the door open, and so had absentmindedly approached to see if his sister had a moment to help him with an enchantment for his project, and had gotten far more than he bargained for. He walked in to find Lilian and her friend Fayla in nothing but towels, about to kiss. He was so unprepared that he didn't even acknowledge Fayla's friendly surprised greeting, and had instead bolted faster than anyone had run before. He screamed apologies as he went, and had simply run down to the kitchen, hiding in his parchment, hoping to not be seen, despite his non-hiding place.

Lucas waited, and sure enough he soon heard footsteps coming downstairs, and his sister entered the kitchen, asking if he was alright. He put the parchment down and looked pleadingly at Lilian. "I'm so sorry, Lili! I didn't know! I just saw your door open and I thought you guys were just talking!" He began to relax swiftly though. His sister had always had a calming effect on him, and his color began to slowly return to normal. "I know, I know. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone." In reality, once Lucas had gathered his wits, he was not actually too surprised. Fayla was beautiful, even for an Eldari, and Lilian had dated girls before. He smiled at his sister. "Besides, Rory may not take it so well." Lucas suddenly looked towards the door when he heard a muffled thud, followed by a grunt of pain. "Is that... Fayla?" A small, embarrassed voice from the hallway replied. "No?"

Fayla finished getting dressed, glad that she and Lilian were similar enough in size that her clothes fit fairly well. She looked down at her outfit and smiled happily. It had been a long while since she had worn something that wasn't travel clothing or pajamas. She suddenly remembered something, and a worried feeling overcame her. She looked at the picture of Lilian and her mother. Lilian had mentioned that it was a present from Rory, the peculiar kid from the shop. Fayla went pale. She didn't want to destroy a relationship because of her own stupidity. What if Lilian was only reciprocating Fayla's behavior because she was bamboozled by her lack of experience and finesse with relationships. She decided that she would ask Lilian to her face when they had their talk about everything else. Rory was a bit of a handful, but Fayla got the impression that he genuinely meant well, and he was probably a much better fit for Lilian anyway. She exited the bedroom and began to skulk downstairs, deciding to try and see if Lilian and Lucas mentioned anything about her or Rory. She managed to reach the bottom of the stairs fine, but she heard Lucas mention that Rory might not take something well, and Fayla began to panic. She knocked into a side table that held an ornate vase. Fayla quickly dived to catch the falling vase, but landed on her side with a thud. "Ow!" She looked at the still intact vase with relief, but her expression soon changed to horror when Lucas asked if it was her out in the hall. Without thinking, Fayla denied the allegation, but then sighed at her own incompetence as the kitchen door opened.
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Thu May 28, 2020 11:55 pm

Rory gave the Heanta a deadpan look. Of course she'd laugh. "Sorry that us humans don't have natural weapons nor a natural aptitude for magic, nor start training at such young ages and keep weapons with them all the time and are generally helpless when we're young like that." Then she apologized and explained. Sighing, he responded to that. "Just a difference in cultures. Though she's not entirely wrong, either. My tutor had a saying. "To save yourself you have to be strong. To save another, you have to be stronger." Just kind of iterates our own natural weaknesses and need for formations and teamwork if you ask me..." Numbers and ingenuity was really all they had over the other races.

Then came the hit. His face turned red, and continued his deadpan stare. "Not the worse pick-up line I've heard. Thanks, but no thanks. If I'm gonna get scars, I'd like them to be from an actual fight."

Ah, there was that question. Why he was so spooked by Heanta. Then came the monologue. To which he partially snorted. "You know your own people's reputation better than anyone. Compound that with what I've seen, heard, and read in history books, the reason should be obvious. But if you want something more concrete..." He looked back at the final moments of Lilian's trials. "The class was split in half. My own knight instructor took us east, where her's took them north. When we returned from the exercises, we heard what happened. I saw the missing arm. That hit it home for me. I realize you're not this Korroth monster, but I've heard and read plenty about others taking their time, enjoying the hunt, the deceit. If you truly are not like the rest of your kind, it will take time to convince me. After all, I doubt you and Fayla became instant besties the second you two met, right? And don't worry about the claws...I understand...I may be biased against you for now, but even I know that that's fair to be ready to defend yourself.

Anyways, after I heard about what happened, I tried to convince the Knight Instructors not to drop her because of her talent for enchantment, she enchanted my arm-mounted crossbow with two I would imagine somewhat complex enchantments and didn't melt it. But that plea fell on deaf ears, it was well known that I do have a thing for her, even now. But I also lacked conviction to push the issue.

I didn't have to. Suddenly she had a burst of energy, and on the day of the trials, she showed up, with a metal arm. She was told to go home, that a new arm didn't mean anything. She wouldn't budge, and insisted on taking the trials. They finally gave in and let her, and she blew them all away. I was the only one even close to passing them at the same level as her, and I was still a fair bit behind.

I realize that was a bit more than what you asked...but...er...yeah..."
He rubbed the back of his head, slightly embarrassed at going on after the attack. Doing a small cough and clearing his throat, he spoke up again. "Anything else?"
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Fri May 29, 2020 2:40 am

Vala giggled. "What do you think I'm going to do, claw you?" She asked. She did find it amusing that he'd turned so red. "Heanta are warriors, not sadists. For the most part." She wasn't disappointed that he'd turned her down. As it was they were wasting plenty of time, hopefully enough for Lilian or Fayla to make a move. Rory began to answer the question by spouting the Obvious. She nodded. "Yes, I'm familiar. I did mean beyond the obvious though." She said, and He went on to talk about the Korroth incident. He'd been taken east. She didn't mention how lucky he had been to not actually face Korroth.

Even if he'd survived, she doubted he'd have faired better than Lilian. She knew, from their time on the road, that Lilian still had nightmares about it. Rory agreed that she was nothing like Korroth, but that she still needed to earn his trust. "Second meeting, actually." She said when he commented on her and Fayla's relationship. Atleast he wasn't holding her show of claws against her. He went on, and she listened patiently. No wonder he wasn't interested in her, it was clear he was enamored with Lilian. She might have felt bad about distracting him, but Lilian owed him no vow. She was free to chose Fayla, if that's what she wanted.

He explained how he had tried to help Lilian, but was ignored. Lilian of course helped herself by creating an enchanted arm. Human's might be the weakest of the races, but their ingenuity was enough to even the playing fields. "I think I get it, you're worried I'm going to hurt Lilian." She said. "I can't blame you for that. Some heanta are monsters, and Korroth is probably the worst. But there are good ones too." Vala said. "I won't make excuses for the raids or the trouble caused in the freelands, or the slavery, or eating people.. Ok there's allot there I can't argue against." She said shaking her head.

"When I first met Fayla it was on my first and last raid. I thought it would be a fair fight, Eldari and heanta warriors engaging in glorious battle. Instead it was slaughtering innocent people. It was the worst thing I've ever seen. Then Fayla appeared, and I decided to fight her. Our fight was interrupted, and she was forced to run from a group of heanta who chased her into the woods. Watching her panic as she tried to fight them off, I remembered how it felt to be that close to death. Again, sorry for laughing earlier. Anyway, I killed two of my own for Fayla." She said. "I don't expect you to change your mind about me just because I told you a story, but maybe it helps." Vala said. She stood up. "I've no more questions. What about you? If not, I think we've been gone long enough." She said.

Lucas looked up, panicked, and started to apologize. "It's not you're fault. I forgot to close the door. I was sure I closed the door. I didn't even mean too, She was talking and saying nice things and I picked the worst moment. Sorry, I hope you're not scarred for life." Lilian said. It was probably just as well he'd interrupted them, because Lilian had been caught in the moment and she didn't know if she'd have been willing to break off a second time to maintain her modesty. Lucas began to calm down, and promised not to tell anyone. "That's probably just as well because I'm not sure Fayla's ready for Vala to find out." She said. He mentioned Rory wouldn't like it, and Lilian nodded. "Probably not, but he knows my feelings about him haven't changed." She said.

"Still, it wont hurt him if he doesn't know and it doesn't go anywhere." She added. There was a muffled thud in the hallway, and Lilian looked towards the door as Lucas asked if it was Fayla. The answering No conveyed Fayla's embarressment perfectly and caused Lilian to smile. It amazed her that Fayla was equal parts graceful and adorably clumsy. Lilian opened the kitchen door and looked into the hall. The Eldari was hugging a vase to her chest, pretending to not exist. It was hard not to be enamoured by her easy going personality, and never mind Lilian's eyes, her soft green eyes were as enchanting as the Siren's song. Lilian walked over, plucked the vase from her grip and placed it back on the stand. "Are you ok?" She asked, unable to contain a smile. She held out her hand to help the Eldari up.

"You didn't strain your stitches, right?" She asked, stepping back. She moved towards the kitchen, feeling more aware of the Eldari's presence than before, trying not to think about kissing her again. "So, little brother, what did you need help with?" Lilian asked. They still had to wait for Vala and Rory, who were taking their time. Hoped Vala hadn't jumped the poor boy. Or maybe he could be considered lucky. Maybe he wouldn't care about Lilian and Fayla. "I'm starting to wonder if those two fell down a hole or something." Lilian said looking at Fayla. Fayla knew Vala well, so maybe she'd have some insight into what the Heanta was thinking in regards to Rory.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:07 pm

Fayla looked up at Lilian as she opened the door and surveyed the scene in front of her. Fayla sighed as Lilian took the vase from her grasp and asked if she was okay. "I'm okay. Sorry. I didn't mean to eavesdrop. I... erm... came to see if Lucas was okay." She smiled at the young man, who had followed Lilian out into the hall to see what was happening. Lucas tilted his head in curiosity and smiled back. "I'm... fine?" Lilian helped Fayla to her feet and asked her if she had strained her stitches in the fall. Fayla instinctively put her hand on her side, but most of the pain had subsided by now, thanks to the ministrations of the city's healers. "No, I think they're fine. For a people that aren't known for their magical abilities, I have to say your healers are pretty nifty at finding workarounds."

Fayla followed the siblings into the kitchen and sat down, not in as much pain but feeling a bit tired, due in equal parts to both her injury and her stressful episode upstairs. Lilian asked Lucas what he had needed help with. The young man looked at his parchment for a moment. "Ah, it can wait. Pops said I can have two weeks off because how busy it was while he was gone, so I'll have time to work on it later." Lilian then wondered aloud where Vala and Rory had gotten to. Lucas suddenly looked at Fayla and Lilian and tilted his head slightly. "She did seem to be acting a little weirdly around Rory, though I've only met her once before, so I don't know her that well at all." Fayla was concentrating on remembering what had happened in the shop, besides all of her nervous nonsense around Lilian. "You know, she was actually acting strange. Almost as if..." She suddenly looked at Lilian with concern. "As if she was flirting with him. Oh dear. He really doesn't seem like her type. She seems like she'd prefer big-strong-beefs, uh..." She looked at Lilian apologetically. "No offense. I'm sure he's um... strong and stuff." Fayla rose from her chair. "No, I'm sure they'll be here soon."
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum