Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

» Duty and War(Rowan/Yavanna Rank Up)
by Orgoth Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:01 pm

» A Dragon's Heart (Part 1)
by The Narrator Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 am

» The Gathering Storm (Undead Event Part 1)
by The Narrator Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:33 am

» Gohan Maedar (WIP)
by Orgoth Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:22 am

» Xinra Kal'Dior (Crew of Raya's Gambit)
by Orgoth Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:53 am

» The Blackspire Riders(Orgoth)
by Orgoth Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:44 pm

» Rank up Purchases
by Zenke Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:54 am

Affiliates

The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth) Empty The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)

Post by Zenke Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:00 pm

Deep deep underground, in a city abandoned by its people, a darkness lurked, waiting for the right time to emerge. A darkness that had appeared some thirty years ago when the undari as a nation were destroyed, their people scattered across the lands, homeless. But the city was not empty, its throne not unoccupied. No, upon that throne, in a citadel of overgrown Coral, blighted seaweed and living tissue resided the new ruler of Medin Taji.

The Blight Witch, Naderi Morin.

Naderi was one, but she was also many. Those who had helped her cast her spell, who she had saved from the terrible disease that had killed the majority of the cities occupants had ended up joined with her psychically. She knew their every though, and they knew her ever whim. But only the strongest had retained a sort of will of their own, capable of making decisions without her. To them, she had left the planning, food gathering, rebuilding. And they were rebuilding. The city barely resembled Medin Taji, who's once magnificent jade architecture had been transformed, the blighted matter that covered the citadel covered most of the city. And in its depths, her others multipled and thrived waiting for the day she cracked open a tunnel to the surface world, or took to the seas, and unleashed terror upon her enemies.

Karem City

Karem was a city of many things. Poverty, slavery, bandit deals, drug trafficking and of course filth and vermin of all kinds. It was also the go to place when hiring Mercenaries who had less moral qualms than most bandits, but could get any job done for the right price. This was exactly where Crown Princess Talia Ver'Kanos, Rightful ruler of Medin Taji and the undari people, had come to find said mercenaries. But not any old mercenary would do, no. She was seeking the renowned Black Lion, who boasted one of the best Mercenary companies in the freelands. She'd heard of this company while in Karcenak, working for that peasant, Juresh Enyo, who'd reneged on their bargain by dying. She'd heard rumor that he'd begged his murderers for mercy, the coward.

But the Black Lion's company, they had worked for another name she knew at the time Juresh had gone down screaming. Lina Hargrave, the woman who had kept Arilia, a young Undari, as her personal pet and killing machine, the woman who Talia would one day be sure to kill for everything she'd done to Arilia. But that was another day's work. Talia was approaching her destination, a Brothel of all places, that the Black Lion and her cohorts liked to attend. Not the meeting place she'd have chosen, but as Talion would tell her, it was best to remain discreet, and apparenly Brothels were very discrete.

Talia walked in the front door, ignoring the glances of the guards outside, and found herself in an open room with several sofas and booths filled with cushions. Patrons and painted whores dotted the room, and a large double stair led upwards to rooms where no doubt the patrons went at it like vermin in the walls. She did her best to keep a sneer of distaste off her face, and looked for her contact. Instead she was approached by an inebriated looking individual who nearly toppled into her. "How much for an hour, fishlips?" He asked, sloshing left and right. Talia had a knife at his throat in an instant. "Speak to me that way again peasent and I'll paint this lovely room with your blood." She said. The man went deathly still, and silence fell as patrons and whores alike looked to her, waiting to see if someone was about to die. And then a large man with long black hair and a thick beard appeared, hammer at his side. "Your more than welcome to kill him, Ma'am, but the Black Lion might be displeased." He said, not trying to stop her.

"If this is the quality of the black Lion's forces, I'm not sure I care." She said. The man shrugged at her. "As I said, do as you please." Talia scowled and pulled the knife away. The large man nodded once, pulled the drunk man aside and wispered something fiercely to him. She watched the drunk go pale, before stumbling off into the back. Then the large man turned his attention back to her. "This way, the Black Lion is waiting." He said, leading her towards the stairs. Instead of going up, he turned left and went through a door at the back of the stairs, down a long hallway with doors on either side. She wasn't sure what to expect of the black lion, but the room they entered at the end of the hall wasn't it. It was a stateroom, with a large table centred in the middle. Two people were there, both blonde humans who looked similar enough that they could be siblings. The man sat at the head of the table, across from her, the woman to his right.

"Crown Princess Talia Ver'Kanos for you, sir." The man beside her said. The blonde at the end of the table nodded. "Thank you, Ishmael." He said. The large man nodded and left. "Please, take a seat Princess." He said, gesturing to the chair in front of her. Talia frowned at the improper address, but sat none the less. "My name is Gareth, though you may know me as the black Lion." He said. The woman at his side watched her intently as Talia processed this. "Curious, I was of the opinion the Black Lion was a woman." She said, looking at the woman. "Strange. What makes you think that, exactly?" Gareth replied. "As future queen of the Undari, it's my job to know things. And this happens to be one. I'm sure a Scion of House Ferrum Aurora would understand, wouldn't you say, Gwyneth."

Both parties were on their feet, swords identical swords drawn and at her throat. This time, the woman spoke. "Who sent you, undari?" She demanded. Talia smiled. "It's your grace, or highness. Don't forget that. And no one sent me, I'm looking to hire you're mercenary band. I just like to know who it is I'm actually working with, which is why I've had people do allot of digging on your outfit." Gwyneth scowled. "Bullshit. I guess this is where you blackmail me, threaten to turn me over to Mondolin." Talia sighed. "Not at all. I am willing to offer you outragous amounts of money for the services of you and fifty of your best, and I just happened to want the real Black Lion, not her imposter. Besides, you could just as easily turn me over to any autority, and give them power over the Undari Kingdom." Gwyn lowered the sword. "What's left of it. So, how much money, and for what?"

Red Fang Training Camp

A few days later...

Gwyn and her new undari companion rode into the Training camp she'd left Kronos at not to long ago. She'd sent word ahead that she wanted fifty good men prepared for a mission into Medin Taji of all places, and given the destination she decided that perhaps bringing Kronos and some of the men and women he'd been working with along.  The rest of her inner circle were busy, Gareth and Ishmael hunting down whoever had spilled the beans to Princess about her, Wendra with the camp itself, and Remir, well he was monitoring sunshield hold still. As far as she knew atleast. Wendra met them at the front gate, eying the Undari Princess curiously. "The men are almost ready. Fourty rank and file, twenty with bows, twenty with spears, all with shields and arming swords, and ten of the heavy warriors myself and Kronos cooked up. He trained them well, I'll tell you that."

Gwyn nodded. "That all sounds very impressive. I hope their up to the task though." Talia said. Gwyn turned and smiled at her. "Don't worry about it Princess, these men are some of my best." Gwyn said. Talia pursed her lips, but didn't correct her. She'd already tried to get Gwyn to address her Properly, and learned the hard way that it wouldn't work. "Where is Kronos?" She asked Wendra, who shrugged. "Around, I'm sure he'll be here soon."

Edaria city

'Prince' Talion Ver'kanos, royal scion of the now deceased king and queen of Medin Taji, and Protector of the Crown Princess Talia Ver'Kanos, Royal pain in his ass, found himself in Edaria City, the greatest city in the freelands. Atleast, he thought it was, with it rich culture, easy going nature and the best wine this side of Ka'lesa. It was also the home port of the crew of the Gambit, renowned explorers and possible pirates, who may or may not have been the last people to set foot inside Medin Taji and live to tell the tale. Whether this was true or not, Talion was unsure, but he really hoped it wasn't. Or they'd atleast say no to the request he'd come to make of them on behalf of his beloved Royal pain. Talion, who spent equal parts of his time hunting the monstrosities that surfaced from Medin Taji and attending his Sister's business, had taken an entire day to himself when he'd arrived at the city, young Arilia in tow.

Today he'd given the girl a small bag of money and let her go enjoy herself, safe in the knowledge that Edaria was one of the safest cities in the freelands, and home to no small amount of undari amoungst others. Honestly, it was better than Medin Taji, and what awaited anyone who tried to reclaim the city. But Talion had orders, and those orders involved the ship who's dock he stood on now. He approached the gangplank and called aboard. "Hail, friends. Might I come aboard and converse with this fine vessel's captain?" He called. After a moment, a graceful female Undari appeared at the railing, a male twin of her not far behind. Talion waved.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Experience : 2289

Resources
Resources: 4070

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth) Empty Re: The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)

Post by Jun Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:28 am

And be here soon he was. Looking like he just had a small brawl. Some "warm-ups" against some bandits. Luckily, the men and women proved that they could slaughter mere goons with ease. They'd also been practicing against some predators. Still, he wasn't so sure if they were actually ready for a mission, let alone a tougher one. Maybe he had gotten a bit cautious since his old Crimson Guard got taken down. Although...they were also a lot better prepared and mentored as well. He had gotten them better, and they didn't have as many...personality issues.

The red head walked up Gwyn and Wendra, as well as...an Undari? Hmm...this was already interesting. "Just taking care of some rodents to get some extra exercise in before we head out. They'll be ready to go in no time though. I take it this is our client?" By the gods he hoped she can defend herself...babysitting was the worst. He scanned over her with his slitted eyes. Nothing really stood out to him, but supposedly she had lots of money, and was throwing it at them for a job. Well, whatever, guess he'd see pretty soon.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Experience : 1458

Resources
Resources: 8060

Back to top Go down

The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth) Empty Re: The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)

Post by Orgoth Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:53 am

Raya Nakamoto sighed with relief at the helm of the Gambit as she spotted the great city of Edaria on the horizon. Their latest jaunt out into the blue proved to be success, with the rescue of a merchant ship from pirates, followed by the recovery of their cargo, including several priceless artifacts that they were allowed to keep as payment. Xinra had asked to bring them to his school for his students to study, so he had left with them once the Gambit had docked. Raya decided to remain at Edaria for the next few days, so the crew got to work on their preferred downtime activities. Radahn headed to the marketplace to trade and gather intel as he liked to do. Indeed, Raya had never seen the big Heanta as happy as when he was haggling with merchants or shooting the breeze with the city criers. The twins, for their part, remained aboard the Gambit, performing routine maintenance on the vaunted vessel. Raya had given up long ago to try and convince Kaiden and Kaina Loris to take time off and get a bit of R & R, but they had always been more comfortable on water rather than on land.

So Raya had left them aboard while she went into town to run some errands. After procuring supplies and going clothes shopping, as well as visiting the bath-house for some urgently needed maintenance for herself. After those activities, Raya made a point to check in with Aline Drexara, ruler of Edaria and an old friend of hers. Raya, along with Aline and her former lover Bethany Merciallus had established Edaria almost a hundred years ago. Bethany had left to embark on her own journey, while Aline stayed to govern the new city. Raya had done both to an extent, leaving on periodic excursions but providing support to Aline whenever she could. Once she had called in to her old friend, Raya began looking towards the future. She returned to the Gambit, her one true love, and began to think about the possibilities. She liked conversing with Kaiden and Kaina, as the Undari twins made her feel younger than her five hundred years of lifetime would suggest, though that was a fact she kept to herself as her lineage meant she aged much slower than Humans.

Later that afternoon...

Raya was in the chartroom aboard the Gambit, poring over her heavily modified map of Asmir Ka'Lesa. The map was a depiction of the charted reaches of Asmir, with extensive notes filled in over the course of Raya's travels marking exploreddig sites, trade routes and hazards. Outside, Kaiden and Kaina were playing a game of Kri'Lak Hold'em, though the game was at an impasse as it usually was given their twin bond. A voice from the port side requesting admission suddenly broke the monotony, and the twins exchanged significant looks before heading to the gangplank. A lone Undari stood before them, and they needed only a second to recognize who he was. Kaila spoke first. "Prince Talion?" Kaiden looked over his sister's shoulder and was equally surprised at who he saw. Talion Ver'Kanos was member of the Ver'Kanos royal family, one of the more popular members given his more humble attitude to things compared to the more imperialistic and authoritarian views of his sister Talia. Both Talion and his family were presumed dead, however, when Medin Taji went dark, which meant his presence here now was both joyous and suspicious.

After they welcomed Talion aboard, Kaiden left to retrieve Raya, who followed him out on deck and looked curiously at the Undari guest. Kaina gestured respectfully to Talion. "Raya, this is Prince Talion of Medin Taji." Kaiden finished her thought, as he was prone to do. "He wanted to speak to you about something." Raya bowed respectfully to Talion, with a look of curiousity on her face. "Welcome aboard, Prince Talion. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Last edited by Orgoth on Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Experience : 1693

Resources
Resources: 5600

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:20 pm

Kronos didn't take to long to show up, and explained to Gwyn that he'd been out dealing with rodents, and that they'd be ready to go shortly. Gwyn nodded to him. "Yes, this is Princess Talia Ver'Kanos, heir to the throne of Medin Taji." She said. "And This is Kronos Lehagrin, Princess. He'll be accompanying us on this mission." She said. Talia sneered at Gwyn. "Joy. He's not going to gawk at me the entire time, is he?" She said as Kronos looked her over with an assessing eye. "I certainly hope the rest of your men will keep their gaze diverted." Gwyn sighed. "What did I get myself into... They'll be to busy watching for things coming to kill them, princess. Won't have much time to gawk.."

"I want to be on the road in an hour. We need to be in Edaria in two days. Prince Talion should have transport organised by then." The princess explained. Gwyn did her best to supress a glare, as if she hadn't been told this three times already. "Do not worry, Princess. We'll be ready to go in the the hour, so why you head into the camp and get some refresments until then. Wendra, see to the Princess." Gwyn said, turning away from Talia. "This way, Your Majesty." Wendra said, sarcasm dripping from her voice. When they were gone, Gwyn turned to Kronos. "Lets go get these men organised."

"Oh good, you know who I am." Talion said, the use of his "Title" filling him with dread. Talion was surprised that the two Undari who looked down at him knew who he was, given that from what he'd learned about the Gambit's crew, they were deserters or dissenters or something. Not that their past mattered to him, since there was no kingdom to desert or dissent against, and there was so few Undari that the ones that were left alive were precious. Talion knew that if Talia forgot about her throne and simply focused on building a safe place for the undari to live, they could have a real future, maybe one that would be better for the undari then the path they could have taken had they not destroyed themselves nearly. She was a brilliant leader, and compassionate, about her own people at least, but her obsession with the throne in Medin Taji was going to be their downfall.

The undari twins welcomed Talion aboard, and the male undari went to fetch their captain, Raya Nakamoto. From what he'd learned of her, she was one of the most resourceful and intelligent captains to sail the seas, and the only living captain to successfully infiltrate Medin Taji and live to tell the tale. When they returned, his sister gestured towards Talion respectfully and introduced him to Raya. "Please, just Talion is fine." Her brother finished by saying Talion had wanted to speak to her. Raya turned and bowed, and welcomed him aboard. "You don't need to bow. Talion is fine." He said. Talia would be eating up this display of deference, but Talion only felt embarressed by it. He was Prince of nothing, after all.

He did bow in return however. "Thank you for having me aboard, Captain Raya. I bring a request from my sister," he sighed, "Crown Princess Talia Ver'Kanos, She'll know If I don't say this, heir to the throne of Medin Taji. She requires a ship and crew capable of getting herself and fifty or so men down to Medin Taji. Given the rumors that you survived such a trip, she believes your crew to be more than capable of doing so with a larger force. Her goal of course, is to retake Medin Taji for the undari people who yet live. She believes we can still save our people, and retaking Medin Taji from the Blight Witch is the first step. She is offering Ten thousand Gold up front, and your pick of Undari relics from the treasury when all is said and done. Plus anything you find scattered around the ruins. And to your Undari companions she offers land and titles, and a place on the New Council should they wish."

Talia sat on her horse at the front of the formation, Gwyn on her left. Kronos rode with them on Gwyn's right. As promised, they had the men organised and moving within the hour. Gwyn was a woman of her word, if disrespectful. Talia had to cut her some slack, She was noble born after all, and they tended to be stuck in their own asses. She also didn't want to alienate the woman. She needed Gwyn's men more than Gwyn needed her money, and she had a feeling the mercenary knew that. But it was still an outrageous amount of money, and Talia knew that no mercenary would turn their nose up at that easily.

The party had made good time, and were indeed camped along the coast a few miles from Edaria in two and a half days. A little later than expected, but Talia let it go. She knew Talion would be delayed getting the ship. He'd probably spent the first day he'd arrived lounging in the sea. Talia approached Gwyn. "We should head into the city as soon as possible and meet my Brother and our ships crew." She said. Gwyn nodded. "As you wish, princess. Kronos, your with us. Henley you're in charge. Get camp set up, and no drinking!" She said, the last part with a grin. Talia rolled her eyes and returned to her horse, heading for the city when everything was done.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:54 pm

Kronos rolled his eyes. "Most people would find it a compliment that such a handsome man was looking at them. Anyways, excuse me for seeing if you're a damsel in distress or someone that doesn't need babysitting." He took a few steps out of the way. He let Gwyn handle the rest of her snotty comments, then separated. Once far enough away from the spoiled bitch, he spoke to Gwyn. "I hope she's paying us enough so dealing with her attitude will be worth it...in the meantime, they'll take far less than an hour to get ready for the road...unless you want to slow it down a bit just for her..." Some of his experience in the Contact War came in handy. Moving out or supply runs were far more efficient.

~

Riding next Gwyn, the trip to Edaria had been less than exciting. Seemed Gwyn did slow it down just a tad for the princess of nothing. He'd been in the Free Lands long enough to hear what happened in Medin Taji. Fake and truth. Or some claimed it was truth. Hard to tell with so few survivors let alone actual records. Listening to Gwyn's orders, he joined his commander, but did add on to her friendly just with Henley. "At least the alcohol. Save that for the victory and/or mission completion celebration." He gave his own toothy grin, and road with Gwyn and Talia towards the city.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:57 am

Raya nodded as Talion dismissed her show of deference. The twins still remained at a respectful attention, but they said nothing more as Talion thanked them fro permitting him to come aboard, before revealing the reason for his unexpected visit. Talion had come to them on behalf of his sister, Princess Talia Ver'Kanos, in order to hire them to transport around fifty people... to Medin Taji. Raya's jaw dropped open as Talion moved past the obvious hurdle of his sister's ludicrous plan, and went on to outline the rewards for Raya and her crew. She stammered as she struggled to wrap her head around what had just been asked of her. "I-I'm sorry, you want to do what? With all due respect to yourself and your sister, are you out of your minds?" Raya looked at the twins with an expression of incredulity. Kaiden and Kaina were trying to remain polite, but even they were taken aback at this proposition. Kaiden spoke first. "You cannot be serious, sir?" Kaina then continued. "Sir, Medin Taji is lost. The Blight Witch controls the city now." Raya then folded her arms and found the authority behind her voice again. "You say your sister believes fifty men is enough to retake the city, but how could she possibly know that? We have indeed seen what has become of your home, and I would not ask anyone to go back down there."

A familiar bassy yet refined voice boomed from the gangplank. "Go where?" Radahn stepped aboard the Gambit and dropped several large crates that he had been carrying onto the deck and tossed a scroll to Raya. He adjusted his spectacles and peered at the Undari guest. "If I knew we were having guests I would have prepared something for dinner. Whom do I have the pleasure of meeting?" Raya opened the scroll and nodded in admiration. "One day, I'll have to get you to show me how you're able to acquire food this cheap that somehow isn't crap." Radahn tapped his his head and smiled smugly as Kaiden gestured respectfully to Talion. "This is Prince Talion of Medin Taji." Radahn shuddered visibly at the mention of the former capital city of the Undari people. "Hmph. Nasty business what that mad lady wrought down there. You have my deepest condolences, sir." He smiled warmly. "But I'm sure you don't want to speak of that anymore. Where is it you wish to go?" Raya looked strangely apprehensive, though her response justified it. "The Prince wants to go down there, to Medin Taji."

Radahn chuckled, before realizing nobody else was. "Sir... with respect for your station, I served for five hundred years in the Heanta military. I've seen many nasty things in my time, but nothing compared to the horrors we witnessed in that accursed place." Raya fixed her gaze on the Undari Prince, a mask of sympathy on her face. "Talion. I sympathize with what happened to your people, I really do. But I cannot risk my ship and my crew on some foolhardy suicide run to try and win your home back. I am sorry, but my answer is no."
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:04 pm

Talia looked Kronos up and down. "Handsome, maybe. But I don't tangle with commoners or those outside my race." She said, practically turning her nose up at him. "I'm sure you'll find out which I am soon enough, best pray its not first hand." When she was gone, Gwyn looked at Kronos. "Its allot of money. And yeah, we'll slow it down, stick to her schedule. If the stories I've heard about where we're going are true, we don't want to rush."

Talia's request was met with incredulity. And honestly Talion wasn't surprised. It was an insane idea. "I am unfortunately very serious." Talion said. "She doesn't intend on taking on the whole of the city. Just the blight witch." Talion was about to finish answering the question, when a newcomer arrived. It was in fact the heanta Radahn, one of Raya's crew and a man of immense bulk. Talion wondered how he fit below deck, but his attention was drawn back to the conversation as they caught the man up on Talion's request. "Talion is fine." He said as he was introduced, and bowed to the bigger man who offered his condolences. Talion nodded in thanks.

When Radahn realised what Talion proposed, he was also against it. There really was no surprise. It was a longshot at best but he still tried to argue his case. "I may not have served as a general in an army, Sir, but We've spent the last thirty years hunting the blighted who come ashore, studying them. We know the best way to kill them, and Talia believes that if we take out the blight witch, the rest will perish. They share a sort of hive connection, like a colony of ants. Take down the queen, and the colony dies. Which is why its only fifty men, and not an army. Stealth and speed is needed over a prolonged fight." He could tell by the look on Raya's face, that she'd already made up her mind before he'd finished speaking. And she said as much soon after, denying the request. Talion bowed. "I am sorry to here that. Thank you for your time." He said.

As he headed for the gangplank, he couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief. If The Gambit wouldn't do it, they weren't likely to find another crew who would. Perhaps it would be enough to make his sister consider other options, like starting a new settlement along the coast somewhere. But he doubted it. He turned to Kaina and Kaiden. "If you two ever need help with anything, seek us out. My sister may not have a throne but she still cares for her people." He waved farewell, and made his way towards the Inn he'd arranged to meet Talia at.

The ride into the city didn't take long, and they gained entry with little fuss. Talia was surprised by Edaria's lack of security, letting three strangers waltz in. But she supposed it was better than dealing with a fuss. Gwyn had decided to take up her left flank, leaving Kronos on her right to protect her. As if she needed it, but Talia didn't complain. They travelled in silence, reaching the inn Talion had mentioned as the sun began to set. As they dismounted, Gwyn arranged the horses to be stabled, and Talia left her to it, heading inside. She spotted Talion and Arilia sitting in a booth in the back.

Talion spotted her first, and pointed her out to Arilia who jumped up to greet her. The girl froze mid step when she spotted Kronos and Gwyn, receeding back into the booth. Talia sat down beside her, letting the young Undari hide next to her as Gwyn eyed up her brother. "Gwyn, this is Prince Talion." She said. "Talion is fine." He replied, nodding to Gwyn and Kronos."This is the Black Lion Gwyn Ferrum Aurora, Talion, and her companion Kronos Lohengrin. Her men are waiting outside the city." Talia explained, and Talion nodded. "Told you so." Talion replied smuggly. "I beg your pardon." She asked. "The Black Lion, unless I'm mistaken Gwyn and I apologise greatly if I am, is clearly a woman." Talion waited for a reply. Gwyn shrugged. "That is correct." With a triumphant smile he looked at Talia. "I told you so." Talia scowled at him, and gave him a sharp kick under the table. Talion let out a yelp that he tried to suppress, offering the others a sheepish grin. "She hates being wrong."

Talia scowled again, and her second kick hit solid wood. She suppressed a grimace and ignored the smirk on Talion's face. "So brother mine, What of our crew?" She asked. "Shouldn't we get something to drink, before talking business." He asked. Talia tried to stop him but he jumped up. "I'll get us drinks. Gwyn, Kronos, what would you like?" Gwyn looked up. "A glass of Edaria Wine, Ten years or older." Talion nodded and waited for Kronos' request, before heading off. Arilia leaned into her and she stroked the girls silky blue hair. "Did you have fun with Talion?" Talia asked, and the girl nodded. "Good." When Talion returned with drinks, she waited patiently for him to hand them out. And then asked again.

"Ah yes, our crew. They didn't want to do it." He said, and Talia glared at him. "You asked them?""Yes.""You told them the rewards?""yep.""You explained the plan?""Indeed.""And they still said no?""Fraid so. Anyway, guess we'll have to think of something else. Perhaps we could pay Gwyn and her men to clear a section of the coast, and start construction on.." Talia stood up and her brother stopped speaking. "Did you speak to Xinra Kal'dior?" She asked. "He wasn't aboard, but what good would that do? Father practically exiled him, he wont want anything to do with us." "Xinra wanted the best for our poeple. He will understand why we need to do this." She said. "I'll go speak with him. He has a school in Edaria, We'll find him there." Talia said, heading for the door. "Are we seriously going to disturb him at this hour?" He asked. "Not us. Just me and Arilia. I want you to update Gwyn and Kronos on everything we know about the Blighted."

It didn't take long to find the school. Talia approached the first Undari on the street, and when she'd told them who she was they happily showed her the way. She left them at the bottom of the steps with a pat on the shoulder, and Arilia at her side she knocked on the door to Xinra Kal'dior's school.

Gwyn watched the Undari princess and her ward, who Gwyn suspected was Lina Hargrave's missing pet, leave the inn. When they were gone she moved to the empty side of the booth. "I was led to believe this had all been sorted out." She said as she sat down, taking a sip of her wine. "Don't worry, She'll manage something. She's like a dog with a bone. She'll never let this go." Talion replied. Gwyn hoped not, for their sake. She was already here, and slightly annoyed by the immediate set backs. But it really was allot of money.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:36 pm

As soon as he entered town, Kronos could feel eyes on him. Great. His past catching up to him. Although the more they kept going, and the less that anything was happening, the more he knew that Rexy wasn't in town. Probably a good thing. They soon found the tavern that the Princess's brother was staying at. And introductions made. While amused that Talia hated to be wrong, it seemed the prince was well connected if he was able to tell who the real Black Lion was. To him, it was obvious that he did all the legwork, and she just reacted to whatever he gave her. Not that it was a bad arrangement, some people are just better suited to certain jobs.

He took an ale when the offer came for a drink. But he already knew that this was a stalling tactic for delivering bad news. And sure enough, no ride to Medin Taji. Sighing heavily, he couldn't help but wonder if this was all just a farce now. But supposedly, she was stubborn. Perhaps as stubborn as he was. "Well, that's nice. Assuming she is successful in getting us where we need to go, what's up with this Blighted Witch? City layout? Weaknesses of her soldiers? And anything else that may be handy when or if we end up fighting them?"
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:20 pm

The crew of the Gambit listened to Talion as he tried to plead his case. Apparently the Undari remnants had been hunting down any of the abominations that escaped Medin Taji, which allowed Talion and his people to learn more about them and how to efficiently kill them. However, Talia was apparently insistent that they could defeat the entire horde if they killed the Blight Witch. Raya had her doubts about this plan, especially the part where they were going to use stealth while also using fifty men which sounded crazy in itself. To Talion's credit however, he accepted Raya's denial respectfully, as if he had expected this result all along. He thanked her for her time, before extending an offer to the twins if they needed any help in the future. They both bowed respectfully, along with Radahn, to Talion as he excused himself, but Raya stopped him on the gangplank. "Prince.... sorry, Talion, I can tell you're going to find some way to attempt your plan, but I implore you to reconsider it. There are many examples in history of disasters that happened because people thought they had a plan and knew better." She decided not to hold the Prince up any longer, and bowed before letting him pass.

Radahn was the first to break the awkward silence that fell over the crew once Talion had departed. "Do you think they're actually going to go through with it?" Raya glanced at the twins, who looked distinctly perturbed by what had just been asked of them. "I don't know. I haven't been through what the Undari have been through, so I can't put myself in their boots so easily. He seemed determined though. I wish them luck." Raya then looked around at the others before unfurling Radahn's supply bill. "Has anyone seen Xinra lately?"

At Xinra's school...

After a healthy day of teaching, Xinra Kal'Dior was exhausted as he cleaned up the scrolls and parchments that were scattered across his desk. He was looking forward to reuniting with his friends aboard the Gambit, and possibly going for a meal or something. Though Xinra was typical bookish and socially awkward type of person, he had become accustomed to the presence of the other crew to the point where they all considered each other as family. This bond allowed him to open up around them and enjoy life, more than he otherwise would on his own. Like many plans that have been hatched across the entire history of Asmir, it never made it past the inception phase. A loud knock on the front door of the simple and spartan building that was his school. He opened the door and was confronted by an altogether unexpected sight. In front of him stood two Undari, one large and imposing and the other much shorter and slighter. "Hello. I'm afraid we're closed for the day."
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:56 pm

Rex asked about the enemy they faced, the city, and anything to help against them. Gwyn nodded in agreement. He knew the right questions to ask. She listened as Talion began to talk. He gave them a quick rundown of the blight witch's history before her current situtation, then began to explain her knew powers. "I haven't seen her since then, but we've spoken. She shares a hive connection with her followers, capable of seeing through their eyes at will and controlling their actions. Its weakened by distance. I encountered a Siren in some Orken ruins in the vultani jungle, lovely place you should go some time, and she was only capable of speaking to me for a short time. But range isn't going to be a problem when we get to the city, so as soon as we're spotted she'll know we're coming. She is incredibly arrogant, so we suspect she will simply let us walk into the palace, but the longer we stay undetected the less time she has to gather her forces."

Gwyn frowned. "You suspect?" She said and Talion nodded. "Right. She could have her men attack immediately. But she's liked to gloat in the past instead of killing us, so it seems likely she'll let us pass. As for her combat proficiency, she was one of the most powerful mages in Medin Taji, so expect plenty of magic when we come face to face." Talion said. "Layout wise, the palace is in the rear of the cavern, practically at the far end of the city from the main entrance built into the cave wall. That is where she'll be. The bad news is that is probably the most heavily guarded part of the city, and she may not let us past the front gate. The good news is there is a secret tunnel under a monument in the centre of the city that leads directly into the throne room, amongst a few other places. Its entrances are sealed by magic that will only open to royal blood, so chances are she has no idea it exists."

"As for her soldiers, well most are simple, mutated undari with a more fishy appearance. The term fish face may actually apply to some. They are relatively tough, but lack speed and coordination. Then there are what we call Sirens, who appear extremely attractive but aren't anywhere as numerous as the regular blighted. Their voice is enchanting, litterally casting a spell to make you want to look at them. When you do they snare you with their eyes. You'll walk right into their arms without a second thought, and then they'll rip you to shreds with their razor sharp talons, so try not to make eye contact. Even the strongest of fighter can be enchanted. They have two forms, one much like my own, and one with four arms, a mermaid tail and lots of teeth. And finally there are the Carapacian Guard. Big claws, thick carapace all over their body. They're crabs with all the hate and half the legs. There may be more horrors, but these are the main things we've encounted on the surface. All are weak to fire based attacks, and sirens are vulnerable to sudden bright flashes. Pain also breaks the spell for the enthralled, so a hard slap to the back should knock someone out of it. The Carapacian Guard have a weak point on either side of their torso where two carapace plates meet the central plate. They tend to protect them with their claws, but two people working together can bait and skewer them. Or one person with two spears."

Talion stopped talking and Gwyn turned to Kronos as she considered what the Undari had told them. "Thoughts?" She asked.

Talia waited patiently until the door to the school opened, and she was met by an undari she assumed was Xinra, though she had never met the scholar. She gave him a genuine smile. "Thats ok I'm not seeking admittance to the school. I am Talia Ver'Kanos, and this is my ward, Arilia. We're looking for Xinra Kal'dior." She said. She felt Arilia shift slightly behind her, as if wanting to avoid attention. "It is urgent, or we wouldn't have troubled you so late in the day."
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:50 pm

Kronos listened as he sipped his ale. He did make a face about the Orken ruins in the Vultani Jungle, along with the encounter there. He bit his tongue though. He was sure the Asentari kept much better surveillance over the jungle now. From he heard, stealth and mobility was going to be needed initially...but it will take their best to fight her herself. Lots of magic though...he can't handle too much of that, didn't have the abilities for it. His shield and that was likely it. The secret passage was an idea though. He didn't like the thought of using their men as potential distraction...but it was one plan.

Opponent wise, the basic soldier was tough, but lacked speed and coordination. Well, they had both of those, just not the arrows to take full advantage of it in a protracted combat situation. Then came the Sirens, the one that he mentioned earlier. Enchantment, then tear you to shreds with multiple forms. Sounded like they were annoying bastards to fight. But not as troublesome as the Carapacian Guard. Tough shell with two weaknesses. But all of them were weak to fire, and the Sirens to blinding lights. Gwyn turned to him to ask his thoughts.

"When you say all of them are weak to fire, does that mean the Witch herself as well? If so, my Dragon's Breath is our ace in the hole agaisnt her. Stealth and mobility will be our friends as well. What's our budget like? May be nice to invest in some alchemical weapons for use against the troops. I take it you, the princess, maybe that Arilia girl, myself, and maybe Gwyn are all to go through that secret passage and confront her? While the rest play as a distraction or defend the doors to the throne room from attacks. I'd prefer the latter, but it lacks mobility...we definitely need to do drills on how to fight the guards though, maybe the Sirens. 

I suppose after whoever is going to confront the witch herself is there, the men do hit and runs...hit small groups then leave, ambushes, and so on...that might be better than full on static defense on the door to the throne room..."
That would take more advantage with their mobility. And the drills would better prepare for what's down there. But will the witch react like they hope she will? Plans don't often survive contact with the enemy...
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:49 pm

Xinra studied the two Undari in front of him intently, though gauging a person's true intent was never his strong suit. When the taller woman introduced herself and her ward to him, however, things changed dramatically. Xinra's eyes widened in surprise and he lowered his head into a polite bow almost instinctively. "Forgive me, Princess Talia. I did not recognize you." He then looked at the princess' ward with a curious look. "Arilia? A pleasure to meet you." He stepped aside and beckoned them both into the school. "Please, come inside." He closed the door after them and led them to his office, gesturing to the seats in front of his desk.

"Please sit down, Your Highness. I apologise for the state of my office, I have just completed my day's classes and I was not expecting company." Xinra hurriedly packed away the scrolls and parchments on his desk before taking his seat and gazing inquiringly at the Princess of his former home. "With respect, Your Highness, to what do I owe the honor of your visit? Would you like something to eat or drink? I can run to the kitchen and get you or your ward something if you like?"
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:16 pm

Xinra bowed and appologized for not recognizing her. Talia shook her head. "Do not worry, Xinra. I was only a girl when last you'd have seen me." She said. Xinra looked at Arilia and told her with curiousity and told her it was a pleasure to meet her. Arilia bowed in return. "Y-you too, sir." Xinra invited them in, leading them to his office. He appologized from the mess and Talia waved him away. "Not to worry, I intruded on you unexpectedly." She said. He then inquired about their visit, asking if he could get them anything to eat. Talia looked at Arilia. "Are you hungry?" She asked and the little undari shook her head. "I'm ok." She looked at Xin again. "thank you though, sir."

Talia found herself a seat, and Arilia took up a place by the door, but soon started to look at the books on the wall. "First of all, there is something I wanted to say, Master Xinra. Though I know I had not been born then, I want to apologize for how my father treated you at court. He failed to see it, but I know that you only ever had the future of our people in mind when you spoke against the war. Perhaps if he had listened to you then, we would not be where we are today." She said. "His negligence has caused untold suffering, even if he did not authorise Naderi Morin's botched curse." Behind her, Arilia had pulled a book from the shelf and was intently scouring the cover. She dropped the book and the thump of it caused her to jump in fright. "S-sorry..." She said, quickly putting it back and returning to stand by the door. Talia smiled at her.

Turning back to Xinra she smiled. "I rescued Arilia from a demented slaver who was using her as a weapon. This is what our people face, slavery and death at the hands of... bandits. Edaria is safe, but not everywhere accepts us like Edaria. We do not have the benefit of the Eldross, may Orgost guard them, who had kin to rely upon. And that was our own fault." She shook her head. "This is why I am here, Xinra. I intend on retaking the throne in Medin Taji, but not just for myself. For our people, for all the Undari who suffer because of what my father caused, I will make it safe. But I cannot do it alone. I have already secured help, but I need a ship, and a crew who can get men down to Medin Taji. Your captain is the only person who can do it, but she has told us no. Which is why I've come to you, to see if you perhaps might talk to her? Explain why this is so important, that it could save our people from extinction."

Talion nodded. "We don't know for sure if she's weak to fire, but its a safe assumption. Most Undari are naturally weak to it anyway, so my guess is the weakness has become more pronounced in the blighted. Your breath will be a valuable asset, but my sister and myself are also capable of fire. Talia more so. The blight witch is aware of my abilities in that regard but we've keep her blind to my sisters abilities. If you can both keep that hidden, I may prove distraction enough for the witch that you could torch her when she least expects it." Gwyn looked at Kronos. "I recall someone blowing up a store of Alchemical fire in Karcenak. How volatile is it?" She asked. Talion shrugged in regard to budget. "We might have enough for a few flasks, unless Gwyn spends the coin we already paid to purchase more. We still need to pay for passage."

"I'm told you have plenty of gold in that treasury of yours, so I'd be willing to buy a few more, if I'm reimbursed. We can discuss the finer details of that later." She said. Talion nodded. Kronos asked about who would face the witch. "Correct, except Arilia. She will not be joining us down there, its far to dangerous. As for strategy, it may be safer remain mobile. I'm sure we'll be enough to keep the blight witch distracted, but if she decides to fire spells into the backs of your men's ranks, she could cause untold damage in an instant. As well, a mobile defense will split her attention from us, since she will need to direct her troops with more than just a general 'come to me' order." Talion nodded again. "Drills would be good. I can assist you in preparing appropriate counter measures for both." He said. "Good Idea. First thing in the morning you two should head to the camp then." She paused to see if the prince would object, and continued when he didn't. "I'll secure our supplies. You said bright lights work on the sirens?" Gwyn asked. "Yes." She nodded. "I'll acquire some flash bombs too."
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:30 pm

Kronos grinned and looked away with his forked tongue out a tiny bit at the mention of the alchemical weapons storage blowing up. Nevertheless, he answered his commander's question. "Normally, not that bad. We can hit bumps and potholes easily enough without it backfiring on us. Just keep it away from open fire sources and keep it packed tightly with something that can soften blows, and it'll be good. Carrying them is fine as well. Just light the fuse and throw." Seemed the only part he was wrong with was Arilia. It was a wasted resource in his mind...they could use all the capable fighters they could get. And if Arilia used to be Hargrave's pet...well, that was a shame.

For strategy, his more mobile idea was most appealing it seemed. Especially with the added potential benefits. Talion offered to assist with the drills. That would be much appreciated. Kronos was also going to suggest flash bombs when Gwyn beat him to it. Ah...so good to have a commander on the same page as him. Nodding to her in awknowledgment of his orders, seemed he had a good bit of work ahead of him. Still...this little adventure sounded fun.

~

In the morning, he had ridden out back to camp, hopefully with Talion, and got everyone together. "Alrighty people, we just got word on what we're to be facing off. They're called blighted undari. Some of you may call them fish-face, and some of these blighted evidently hold true to that. But they're mutant undari with no will and no qualms about tearing you limb from limb and feasting on your insides. There are three types. The standard soldier that's slow as hell, but tough and strong. The Sirens that may look good to bed and uses a spell to lure you in, but they'll rip your guts out as soon as you get close, and the Carapacian Guard. Humanoid crab monsters with a tough natural armor that puts my own to shame and claws to grab you and split you in half. They are not without weakness however.

The normal blighted lack speed and coordination. Something that I hope Wendy, myself, and others have already instilled into you. All of them are also weak to fire. Gwyn is already securing alchemical weapons for us to take advantage of that. The sirens are prone to blindness, and you can stop your bewitched comrades with a hard josle. We're also getting some Flash bombs to use when those show up to further increase our chances. The guard on the other hand, has a space between their plates at their sides that we could poke into. Problem? Those meaty claws. That's what the princess's brother here, Talion, will help us with that. We're going to be running drills on how to deal with them. Best bet right now is to isolate them, then go after them.

Talion, got anything to say, or are we ready to learn how to deal with those guards?"
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sun Sep 11, 2022 5:56 am

Xinra nodded as his offer of refreshment was politely turned down by Talia and her ward. "As you wish, please continue." Talia then began by offering an unexpected apology for how he had been treated by the former King of Medin Taji, Talia's father. Talia was eloquent and seemed sincere, but Xinra was still unsure how to respond. In truth, though he had been treated quite poorly for his protests to the escalating hostilities that eventually led to the Second Great War, to the point where he was captured and drafted onto a ship that had been acquired to ferry Undari and Heanta troops through Mondolin, he never held anyone else responsible for the errors of the monarchy. Talia went on to lament that things might have been different for their people had the King heeded Xinra's warnings, though it was known now that Naderi Morin had acted alone and without authorization when she attempted that ill-fated ritual that decimated the Undari people and drove them to near extinction. After a brief pause, Xinra responded. "That is... most kind of you, Your Highness. However, it is unnecessary. I would not deign to hold the child accountable for the sins of the father. After all, Naderi Morin may have enacted her plan anyway. Her hatred for the Eldari was well-documented, after all. But I thank you, nonetheless."

Xinra looked to a nearby bookshelf as a book hit the floor with a thump. Arilia had made her way to the shelf and had been perusing the cover of the book when she had inadvertently dropped it, looking rather sheepish and apologetic in the process. Xinra stood and approached the girl with as warm and disarming a smile as he could manage. Though he used to find social interaction a most difficult skill to master, he had learned some tricks and tips from his crewmates aboard the Gambit. Arilia apologised profusely and moved hurriedly back towards the door, while Xinra took down the book and looked at it for a moment. It was an account of the history of Medin Taji, written by Xinra himself that he used to teach in his class. He approached Arilia and offered the book to her. "It's a good choice. An objective account of our great city, drawn from a mixture of my own observation and accounts from merchants that used to trade with us. You can have this to keep, a gift to a fellow curious mind. You're probably too young to remember, but you can at least read about the glory days of Medin Taji." He then returned to his seat and regarded Talia as she continued on, explaining how she found Arilia and highlighting the plight that the remaining Undari face on the surface world. Xinra nodded sagely, having noted the seriousness of the situation too.

"Indeed, Arilia is very lucky to have found you. I have attempted to use my school as a beacon of hope for our remaining kin, as well as one of knowledge and learning. There are several Undari that frequent these halls, but not as many as I would have hoped for. I have tried to reach out and help as many Undari as I can, but our situation has bred a new attitude of self-dependence and mistrust of others. I fear our former sense of community and collective strength is in its dying throes." Talia then revealed the true reson for her visit, and Xinra nearly spat out his tea in shock. "Retake... the throne? With all due respect, you cannot be serious, Your Highness." He studied Talia's face for a moment, and his worst fears were confirmed. "You are serious, aren't you? By the Gods..." He sat in silence as Talia made her case, revealing that she had a plan and manpower, but just needed transportation. He looked at his monarch with wide eyes. "You have spoke to the Captain already? Of course you have, otherwise you wouldn't be here..." He steepled his hands in front of him as he thought about what had just been spoken. "Unfortunately, the Captain and the others have seen what horrors now lurk in the city, so I find myself in agreement with their caution." He struggled to come to a decision that fully satisfied his conscience. Xinra wished nothign else but to serve his leader and help however he could, but he also had no desire to lead himself and his crew to a watery grave on a fanciful jaunt to Medin Taji. "You say you have secured help, does that mean you have a plan?"
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:25 pm

Talion rose early and joined Kronos on the ride down to the beach where Gwyn's forces waited. He hadn't heard from Talia, but the fact that she hadn't burst in ranting and raving in the night suggested what ever she had tried went well. When they arrived, Kronos filled The soldiers in on what they would be facing, and how to counter them. He then introduced Talion and explained that he would drill them on how to fight the various blighted, but specifically the carapacian guard. Talion stepped forward. "I'm going to show you how to take down carapacian guard first." He said, as he swished a hand and conjured up a likeness of a Carapacian guard out of ice. "The easiest way to take down the carapacian guard is with a direct hit to their weak point." He pointed a spear towards the small gap in the carapace plates on the creatures abdomon.

"A Lucky shot might get through their armor, or a blow from someone with Immense strength, but the best method is to strike here with a spear or sword. Bait an attack from their claws, which they will use to protect their weak point, and strike before they can recover. Buddy up and we'll get started." He said. He looked at Kronos. "You want to pick a partner and go first? show them how it's done?" He asked. Assuming Kronos said yes, he had the ice puppet face him and whoever he picked, mimicing the Carapacian guards movements as best he could. He waited for them to make a move and had it go after Kronos, attacking with two swings of its ice claws.

Xinra accepted her apology, but explained that it was unnecessary, as he didn't hold the child accountable for the parent's sins. Talia nodded with a slight smile. "That's good of you, but I still felt it necessary." When Arilia dropped the book, Xinra stood and approached. Talia watched the exchange with cautious optimism, a slight worry that Xinra might scold Arilia for poking about his things. Instead he picked up the book, read the cover, and told Arilia she could keep it. "Thank you..." Arilia said, looking at the cover again. Talia smiled. "That's very kind of you Xinra. When all is said and done, I believe Arilia would benefit from your tutilage. She's a bright girl, and the future of the Undari." Talia said.

But the time for light hearted chat had ended, and Talia made her proposal. It was met by Xinra with all the sceptecism she expected. She had prepared for this reaction, and was ready to argue her reasoning. He asked what her plan was, which was of course would be the deciding factor. She nodded. "I do. I haven't spent the last twenty nine years idling about, I've spent them learning about the blight witch. I can explaine all I learned later, just know that I can kill her, and with her the rest of her abominations. We just need to get past all of her defenses, something only I can do." She said. "There is a tunnel, one that can only be opened by royal blood, allowing access straight into the heart of the palace. All we need to do is reach the grand square, and we can enter the palace unmolested."
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:35 am

Kronos chose a woman that was nimble and a master with her spear. She showed the boys why she wasn't to be underestimated and not just a pretty face. Also wielding a circular shield, she stepped in front and waited. The blazing red head took out his dark katana. He already has his shield on his left arm. And the fight was on. Kronos charged forward first, moving to the right and taking a swing. The woman crossed over to the opposite side, taking a tentative slash as well.

Kronos backtracked, trading blow for blow, trying to hold its attention. And when the timing was right...his partner stabbed forward at the side. If the puppet turned its attention to her, it would be Kronos that would try the finishing blow, extending the katana's length with a two handed stab into the puppet's side. He knew that not everyone had a trick weapon on them, but the concept was the same. And this group was smart enough to actually get that.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:34 pm

Arilia seemed genuinely grateful for the gift of the book, and Talia thanked Xinra on her young ward's behalf. However, upon Xinra's expression of skepticism for Talia's true purpose, the conversation suddenly turned serious. As it turned out, Talia indeed had a plan, and it was very clear that this operation was not a mere flight of fancy, but a considered concept that was decades in the making. Despite the memories of both he and his crewmates' last fateful visit to Medin Taji, Xinra couldn't help but find himself enthralled by the sheer determination in Talia's voice and expression. For a fleeting moment, he was completely won over by the idea of reclaiming his homeland. But then his brain asserted itself again, and he sat back in his chair, thoughtful. The plan was ambitious, but it was also logical, if indeed Talia had discovered how to exploit a chink in the Blight Witch's armour. A secret tunnel that could only be opened by a member of the royal bloodline, Xinra had heard of such things before. Xinra had theorized himself about the hive-like relationship between the Blight Witch and her subjects, but Talia had far more time and resources than he to confirm such a theory, and she was convinced that the defat of the Blight Witch was key to the defeat of all of the creatures. He thought long and hard over this information, considering what was being asked of him.

"Hmm... it is an intriguing proposition, to be sure. Despite my exile, I never lost my love for my home and my people. Medin Taji was once a vibrant and colorful city with a rich culture. Its loss is great tragedy, not just to the Undari but to Asmir as a whole. I do not doubt the effort and time you have put into researching this plan, and I do not believe you would surround yourself with allies that are anything less than fully competent." Xinra stood and walked to his bookshelf, removing a second copy of the book he had just gifted to Arilia and staring at its cover. "I do not wish to put Captain Nakamoto and the others into undue danger. But do we not owe it to those who have fallen into darkness, and are cursed to wander the streets under the thrall of a monster, to at least try? Hmm..." Xinra put the book back and returned to his seat, steepling his hands in front of him again contemplatively. It was risky, but it was also the best chance anybody had to lift the Curse of Medin Taji. If they took as many precautions as they could... He regarded Talia sincerely as he decided on a response. "I... believe this can be done, and that the potential rewards outweigh the risks. We will have to take precautions, of course.... but I will talk to the captain. I cannot guarantee her cooperation, but I will try my best."
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:56 pm

Xinra talked about Medin Taji's legacy and how the loss of the city was more than a loss to just the undari, and Talia knew she'd convinced him before he said it. "I knew you would understand. I want that, and I promise you Xinra, if we pull this off I will make Medin Taji great again. I will be better than my father." She said. He mentioned the risk to his crew. "I will do my utmost to protect your friends." She said. He then admitted he believed it could be done, but precautions would be required. "Yes, I agree. At the first sign of the plan failing, we'll abort. Better to survive to try again." She said with a polite smile. But she underneath that, she felt triumph, as she was one step closer to getting what she wanted.

Talion did his best to avoid taking a blow against Kronos and the gorgeous lady he'd chosen to help him, but in the end they worked well enought together to catch him out and spear the ice creature through the side. Talion nodded in approval. "Well done. I hope everyone took that in, because you're all going to get a shot, and just incase you think I was going easy, I wasn't. Mess around and you'll find that out the hard way." He warned, and settled into a long day of drills.

Roughly three hours passed, with Gwyn's men doing fairly well, though a pair did indeed find out the hard way that he wasn't playing, and ended up with a split lip and a broken nose respectively, when Gwyn showed up with the supplies she'd promised and a message from Talia adressed to Talion. He read it and internally cursed Xinra Havre for being so helpful. "Looks like we're still on. Talia's secured a ship." He said. Gwyn glanced at him. "You don't look happy." He said nothing and walked away. He heard Gwyn call to Kronos to prepare the men to enter Edaria. "Seems our captains got sway in the city, so we wont need to swim out to meet her." She said.

A few moment's later he heard her join him. "Something on your mind, Prince?" She asked and he shrugged. "How much to kidnap my sister and lock her up so she won't be able to get herself killed, and the lot of us along with her?" He asked. Gwyn stepped up beside him and looked him in the eye. "More than she's paying me now. I don't like going back on my word." She said and he let out a tch. ""Honorable mercenary. Just my luck." He said. "Well, I don't like setting bad examples. Betraying your employer sets a bad example, lets people think they can betray you and get away with it." Gwyn explained with a shrug. "I see. Then how much for a favor?" He said. "Depends on the favor." She replied, and waited silently for his request.

"If things go badly, get her out of there for me. I'll give you everything I have to ensure her safety." He said. Gwyn nodded. "I'm sure you would. Very well, I promise I'll do everything in my power to ensure she survives. I'll give you that one for free." She said. After a short silence, she walked away and started giving orders.

Talia met with Xinra early the next morning, and the Undari argued her case with Captain Raya Nakamoto. Eventually they came to an agreement, after some negotiation and assurances, but in the end the Captain agreed to take them to medin Taji and help deliver the men to the city, along with pulling some strings to get them into the city to board the ship without needing to swim. Talia returned to the inn in time to meet Gwyn, and sent her off with a message to her brother and to gather the men. A few hours passed, and Gwyn, Talion and Kronos arrived ahead of the collumn of soldiers, who waited outside the city until they were cleared to enter. When everything was sorted, They proceeded to the docks, to Board the gambit. Finally after so long, phase 2 of her plan, a great plan some might call it, was about to begin.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:48 pm

The drills had been going well. Aside from a couple that thought Talion was going easy. Kronos kept those that had done it on their toes with sparring and basic drills, going through the rounds again if Talion was up for it. Once wasn't always enough, best to go through it several times. Nonetheless, Gwyn came back with the promised supplies. That should help a lot. Still, best not be too overly reliant on expendables. The red head heard his Commander say something about Talion not looking happy. Then came the orders. Nodding, Kronos set to do exactly that. To the untrained eye, it looked like chaos. But to others...it was efficient. Everyone knew their job, and what to pick up, and how to load it up. Kronos likewise did the same, since he made sure he was a part of the troops' lives in more than just an authority figure.

~

Kronos was at the head of the column with Talion and Gwyn when they reached the gates. Of course, this caused a bit of a stir, but the red head had all the documentation in hand. Everything was crystal clear, with a path outlined. Like an overly organized parade, the force moved with purpose to the docks with their supplies. Once there, he waited for the captain or Gwyn's orders. Then off they went to store their stuff into the ship. Once again, it was organized and efficient, even ahead of schedule. Once done, Kronos stayed out of the way, and waited to see just how good his sea legs were...
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:07 pm

Raya watched stoically as her crew made preparations for their harebrained plan to assault the Blight Witch of Medin Taji. She had been vehemently against the idea from the moment Prince Talion had pitched it to her, as had Radahn and the twins. Xinra, on the other hand, had been visited by Princess Talia the night before and had in turn made the case again to Raya himself. Though Radahn was still against the idea, Kaiden and Kaina had been won over by Xinra's proposal., backed by an apparent plan to take down the Blight Witch. Raya certainly could understand the Undari's desire to help reclaim their home, and it was because of this that she had begrudgingly agreed to help.

However, getting this venture off the ground was going to take more than just providing the use of Raya's Gambit. Another requirement was to acquire access to Edaria for Talia and her men, something that was easier said then done. It had taken all of Raya's favors and goodwill with the Edaria hierarchy, particularly Aline Drexara, in order to get the required permissions. Aline herself had questioned the wisdom of this plan, but she had eventually acquiesced. And so Raya watched with stoic contemplation as the large group of mercenary troops approached the docks, with Talia and Talion at their head. Raya kissed her finger tips before touching them to the gunwale of her prized ship, silently praying to any of the Gods that were listening that she wasn't kissing her goodbye.

Talia and Talion reached the gangplank, and Raya bowed respectfully as they approached the top of it.
"Good morning, Prince and Princess." Raya's crew all saluted as they completed their work, while the captain herself stood in front of them arms folded and expression serious. "There is just one order of business that we must discuss. I've agreed to help you with your plan, because I trust Xinra to not lead us to our deaths. You are our guests, and I will respect your titles. However, while you and your men are aboard my ship, you will all be subject to my orders. Furthermore, I have also agreed to allow you to enact your plan and I have quiet faith that you know what your doing, but at the first sign of things going south, I'm giving the order to evacuate. Is that understood?"
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:22 pm

Talia approached the vessel in the lead, her brother a step behind. Gwyn was further back at the head of her mercenaries, and held up a hand to stop the formation a few feet from the ship. She moved forward to join the prince and princess, leaving Kronos in charge of the men for the moment. The trio were welcomed aboard by Captain Raya and her crew. After a bow and some pleasantries, they got down to the serious business. While the captain would respect their titles, they and their men were subject to her orders. Talia glanced at the human who dared speak to her so, before smiling politely. "Of course Captain. We are of course at your disposal, though I'll admit I have little experience working the sails."

Talia turned and waved forward Gwyn. "Allow me to introduce the leader of my mercenaries, Gwyn the Black lion." Gwyn stepped forward and bowed. "Captain. My men are yours to command, you want that deck even shinier than it is right now and all you've got to say so and they'll hop to it. Otherwise they'll keep out of the way, and with Captain Kronos keeping an eye on them no one will dare step out of line, not that I expect any of them would. Discipline is drilled into them." Gwyn gave Raya a charming smile. "I am of course, also yours to command." She stepped back and let Talia continue.

Talia nodded sagely as Raya finished up by explaining that at the first sign of things going south, she was calling an evacuation. "Of course captain, I understand your caution. I'm sure Xinra told you the plan, but as soon as we're on settled and on the way, I will happily go over it in full with you and your crew. And mayhaps we can have a drink and a chat. I'd love to hear the stories of you and your crew, especially Kaina and Kaiden." She said, smiling at the twins. "I haven't seen this many Undari together in a long time."

When all the talk was done, Gwyn helped one of Raya's crew organise and situate the men on board the ship. It was a little cramped, but no one complained. They organised a rotation, so a few of them could get some fresh air at a time, and left them to play cards or what ever they could do to entertain themselves. She left Kronos to pick a few of the more disciplined soldiers to keep things under control and headed back up to the deck to find a nice spot out of the way, until someone needed her.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:51 pm

Bossy little captain. Well, whatever, it was her ship. Kronos did as instructed, got everyone settled, got some busy work going, and some friendly games going as well. Cards mostly, but there was some strategic board games as well. A couple of them did offer to help run the ship since they had prior experience, even if it's been quite a while, but they still remembered and kept out of trouble. Kronos checked the supplies, and after that, found himself up on deck after picking caretakers. The air was fresh and breezy. If it weren't for the fact that he was a fire Asentari, he might even be a little chilly.

Enjoying the air, he noticed his commander on deck as well. What the hell...the red head walked up to her. "Everything is in order, the troops are situated, got some games going along with some busy work. Got some caretakers to make sure things don't get too rowdy. I don't think there's anything else really." He leaned on the rail looked out across the sea. "Copper for your thoughts?" Kronos himself was jittery, but didn't let it affect his work.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:40 pm

Raya was relieved to hear Talia agree graciously to her terms, though it didn't shake the feeling that this whole venture was a mistake. Raya nodded and gestured for them to board. "Very well, I welcome you aboard then. Don't worry, we'll handle the sailing." Talia then introduced Gwyn, the leader of the mercenary company that the princess had enlisted to assist the effort. Gwyn assured her of her men's discipline, with such certainty that Raya couldn't help but be unnerved slightly. "Understood, but deckscrubbing won't be necessary. Staying out of my crew's way is fine, thank you." After Raya finished dictating her terms, Talia nodded in agreement, offering to go over the plan in full once they were underway. Raya nodded and stood back to let the men board. "Aye, that would be ideal. Xinra did give me a brief overview, but I would like to go over some of the finer details with you before we get where we're going."

Before long, the Gambit's cargo was aboard and the ship undocked from Edaria. True to her word, Gwyn's troops quietly busied themselves with various activities, ranging from maintaining their equipment to playing card games. Gwyn herself picked a quiet corner of the deck to remain, and after a while a red-haired Asentari, who was presumably Captain Kronos, joined her in discussion. Raya waited until they had cleared Edaria completely before relinquishing the helm to Radahn. She assembled the twins, Xinra and the royal siblings in her cabin, where Xinra had set up a detailed map of Medin Taji from his younger days. Some of Gwyn's troops had sailing experience, so Raya saw no problem with letting anybody willing help out while they talked. Raya looked to Talia and Talion expectantly as the twins arrived with cups of wine for everybody. "Thank you for joining me. I'm afraid we have to rely on the Vultani wine we had left over from our last voyage, as we have little space left for cargo." Xinra took a cup once Talia and Talion had been offered one, and gestured to Raya. "If you would, Your Highnesses, the captain would like to hear your full plan." Kaiden and Kaina left their trays down and looked intently towards their monarchs in anticipation.
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:37 pm

The city was vanishing on the horizon, when the captain invited them for wine and a chat. The twins handed out cups of wine, first to Talia then Talion, Raya and Xinra. Raya lamented that it was the best they had, given they were short on room for Cargo. Talia took a sip and smiled. "Wonderful. When this venture is done, and the kingdom restored, I could see a favorable trading agreement in store for you." Talia said. Talion rolled his eyes. "When being the operative word, sister. Lets get through the next few days before we start aranging anyhing else." Talia gave him a commanding look and he pursed his lips in response. Shut up. Message recieved.

The twins asked Talia to explain the plan to Raya. "Of course. Its simple by design, to avoid as many possible mishaps. Once we've transported everyone down to the outskirts of the city, we'll make our way, as quickly and quietly as possible to the grand square." She pointed to it on the map, a large open space a good distance from the palace. "There is a statue here, under which exists a secret tunnel only accessible to royal blood.  It's old magic, so powerful even the Blight Witch cant undo it. This tunnel is connected to the throne room, treasury and royal quarters, again doors only myself or Talion can open. This is our way in, and out. The next part is not so simple, and involves us fighting and killing the blightwitch before we all die. Gwyn's men are here to make sure we can take her down before her forces can overwhelm us. Her weakness is fire, something I have in abundance, and a gift she is unaware I possess. Talion is not quite as gifted, but she'll be wary of him. I believe the Asentari Gwyn brought might be an asset in that regard." She said.

"I don't expect you or your crew to fight. But you would be safer with us, atleast until we make it into the tunnels. However, that is up to you." She added.

Gwyn was standing on the deck, when Kronos approached and gave his report. She noted that the captain and princess had vanished into her quarters for a chat, along with some of the other crew and prince. Only Gwyn's men and the impressive looking Heanta remained on deck. Gwyn looked at Kronos when he offered a copper for her thoughts. She shrugged. "I wish I'd had more time to gather the inner circle. From what Talion said earlier, Ishmael would have been a great help in the fight to come, Wendra's a nuisance but you know yourself she's a hell of a fighter, and I'm used to having Gareth pretty much with me all the time. Oh and about me not telling you I was the real Black Lion, well It wasn't personal, I just needed to know I could trust you first. And maybe I didn't before, but you've proven yourself to Wendra and you're with me on this mission so I'm going to have to. Welcome to the inner circle Kronos."
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next