Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» Caelum of the Skygaurd(orgoth, R-1 rank up)
by Zenke Today at 1:45 pm

» The Reluctant Warrior (Open)
by Zenke Today at 1:10 am

» Ghosts of the Past - Aftermath
by Orgoth Mon May 06, 2024 12:29 am

» Gohan Maedar Skill Sheet
by Orgoth Sun May 05, 2024 3:16 am

» Gohan Maedar
by Jun Sat May 04, 2024 2:12 am

» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

» Duty and War(Rowan/Yavanna Rank Up)
by Orgoth Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:01 pm

» A Dragon's Heart (Part 1)
by The Narrator Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 am

Affiliates

Protection Duty(Jun)

2 posters

Go down

Protection Duty(Jun) Empty Protection Duty(Jun)

Post by Zenke Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:46 pm

Humans like to think their so important, but out of all the races on asmir, they're the most fragile and short lived. That worked great in Bethany's favor, because the important ones are always willing to pay someone to keep them breathing. Bethany wasn't capable of working miracles, but short of natural causes she was pretty good at making sure pointy things dont end up in her clients. Even if that client was an asshole and she wanted to stab him herself. As tempting as it was, the money was better, and as long as he was breathing, she was being paid.

The dark skinned Asentari leaned against the wall next to the door as her current client, Galitus Caromas and his delightful company, a group of human thugs, talked over business. A life of crime, what fun they must have. It wasn't for her, a fact she'd made clear to Galitus when he tried to coax her into actually getting involved in his crime racket. He'd wanted her to beat the money out of one of the poor fools who'd borrowed from him a while back. She'd refused, and broke two of his thug's arms to remind him what she was there to do.

Maybe it wasn't the best job, the red eyed Asentari though as she kept watch. But it kept her supplied until she decided to pack up and move on from the shitstain of a town that was Veqris. Her eyes continued to scan the room, watching the single window and up to the riculous skylight on the far side. She'd warned him about using a building with a skylight. With 3 entrances into the room, it was the best option for a surprise attack. But he paid her for protection, not council, the smug bastard replied to her warning. Well, it would probably bite him in the ass once she wasn't here to get between him and the pointy things.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Octavia Velerius A-5 Asentari
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Umbra Moonfall A-5 Heanta
Koranna "Kora" Merciallus A-5 Asentari
Gwyneth "Gwyn" Ferrum Aurora A-5 Human
Mist, The Explosive Assassin A-5 Half-Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Experience : 2037

Resources
Resources: 26880

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Protection Duty(Jun) Empty Re: Protection Duty(Jun)

Post by Jun Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:40 pm

Rex was wearing his nobility clothes when he got pulled in by some thug in a decrepit, crime infested town. One where basically if you weren't in one band of thieves and conmen or another, you're basically food for one. And Rex did not like being food. He had broken a few people's arms and killed one that he perhaps shouldn't have. Still, they made no move to remove his long-sword and he went with them willingly. Somewhat. There was ten of them. And while a tavern made a good place to deal with them...the look on the bartender's face made it clear that he really didn't want to foot the bill. Poor guy was good to Rex, so might as well cut him a break and go willingly.

When they brought him to their master, he noticed two things. The first was the three entrances. The main one, the skylight, and the window. This guy was asking to be killed and he had to feel sorry for any competent guard he had. The second was a female guard by the main entrance inside. Nose piercing, red eyes, bandages around her arms, two short swords. The red eyes made her peculiar, even more so considering it clashed with her caramel skin. Red eyes weren't exactly uncommon in Edia, but anywhere else...

He sat down with his legs crossed and hands in his lap, with a deadpan expression that screamed that he didn't want to be here and this was going to be boring talk. The other guys left the room, leaving just the three of them. Well, if that didn't spoke about his confidence about his guard, he didn't know what did.

Then he started to speak. Which Rex just held out a hand to stop him and turned to the guard. "What's your name, miss? Your red eyes clash horribly with your skin tone if you were a human. And this guy seems awfully confident in your skills if he's left just you here to defend him." The guy was sure to be pissed that he opted to talk to his guard instead of him. Maybe. Rex didn't know human behavior that well...he was from Upper Edia instead of lower.

Kronos Lohengrin. Asentari. R-1
Rory Bloomfield. Human. R-1
Aether Favonius. Human. A-3

Tohma Tomoshibi. Kijin. A-4
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Experience : 1458

Resources
Resources: 20460

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:02 pm

As the thugs talked, planning something or other, there was a knock on the door. The room fell silent and one of the thugs looked at Bethany. "Get the door woman." He said. Bethany tilted her head and smiled. "I'm not the fucking doorman. Get off your ass and open it or I'll open it with your face." She replied. The thug stood up and crossed the room, getting right up in her face. "I'm not afraid of an overpaid whore." He snarled at her. Bethany's hand moved to rest on the handle of Vadjra. "Galitus get your dog under control before I paint the room with him." There was another knock at the door. "Open the door before you do something you regret Hantil." Galitus said.

Hantil glared at her and opened the door. Bethany gave him a mocking smile, before her attention turned to the procession of thugs that came into the room surrounding a blonde haired male who looked at her as he entered. She met his gaze and noticed the strange pupils that many wouldn't recognize. Galitus' men had brought in an Asentari, and they probably didn't even know. Galitus told the young man to sit down and ordered everyone out of the room. Bethany watched him intently as the men left the room. He gave off the impression that he didn't want to be there, making her wonder why he would willingly come. Even a young asentari could fight off these half copper thugs.

Galitus opened his mouth to speak to the asentari, but he was interupted by the male who looked at Bethany and started asking questions. "Mercy dont answer him." Bethany shrugged and spoke over Galitus. "Galitus, I'd suggest being quiet, since you've no idea what your men just walked in. With a weapon no less." She said to him. The human actually shut up for once, though his face turned a deep red. "The name is Bethany Merciallus. What about you kid? Its nice to see one of my own kind so far from home. You all did really commited to spreading your wings and seeing the world. The reason Galitus is so confident in my skills is because he's the only gang leader in town with an Asentari watching his back." She explained.

"Are you done now, Mercy?" Galitus said. She shrugged. "Listen, Asentari or not you hurt some of my men. I can't have people coming into my town and causing trouble. Since my bodyguard seems to like you, I'll be fair. 200 gold to cover the damages, and we're square. If not, I set her" He nodded towards Bethany, "On you." Bethany just grinned. The asshole was going to get his face roasted, frozen or blasted off. She shifted her weight slightly just incase the Asentari did decide to attack. She might make it in time to intercept.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:51 pm

Rex's eyes widened. He knew that name. From his earliest memories, before the man had died. She was supposed to have been his grandmother. Before he could actually introduce himself, Galitus intervened again. Drawing his attention back to the matter at hand. When he was done, Rex blinked a couple of times before going into near hysterical laughter. After a few minutes, he suddenly stopped and spoke up without missing a beat. "I wasn't causing trouble you bloated fat-ass moron. It isn't my fault you can't keep your men's sex drives under control nor that they can't tell the difference between a male and a female. If anything, you should be paying me one hundred coins for educating your men and another three hundred to the poor tavern that got messed up in the process. So, here's how it's gonna go. You're gonna let me leave, let me to my own devices for another couple days assuming your men don't bother me again, and then I'll leave. Your guard there has to sleep some time...and that would make it easy for me to add your head to my collection. Ok?"

With that, he stood up and faced Bethany. He doubted Galitus would take that lying down. So his hand was on his scabbard, ready to draw it to defend himself. It wasn't the one that he used in combat, so drawing his sword was a bit of a chore, and she would have been on him before he could finish. "For the record, I would love to have a drink with you, Ms. Merciallus. And my name is Rex von Broven."

His own name should hopefully still ring a bell. But hopefully she wouldn't go all out on him should she attack. He'd hate to do that here.

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:04 am

When the Asentari started laughing, Bethany did her best to hide her smile. She hadn't expected that, but then again maybe she was projecting because burning Galitus to a crisp was something she'd probably do. When he was done, he explained exactly what had happened. Each word turned Galitus' face a deeper shade of red, until he looked like his heart might explode in his chest. When he got to the part about Galitus' men hitting on him, she burst out laughing. "You would make a pretty lady, and if I was drunk enough i'd probably hit on you too. I mean that as a compliment." She said. Galitus didn't look very amused however. When he finished, Mercy grinned. "Well he's got you there, boss." Again, Galitus didn't look very amused.

"Mercy, beat the shit out of him." He said. She cocked her head. "Hmm. He doesn't look like he's attacking you." She said. Rex stood up and prepared to draw his sword, before introducing himself. "But I can't deny i'm not curious." She said, stepping away from the wall. "Rex Von Broven. Are you Varmor's Son?" She asked, slighlty tense. Oh, she remembered Varmor. 300 years older than her, no sons of his own at that point. He'd wanted a young bidible wife, and her father was willing to give her to him in the hopes that he would have a grandson to mold in his own twisted image. She'd heard things about Varmor. He was no more pleasent than her own father, and she'd have been sold from one tyrant to another if she hadn't escaped.

Her eyes darkened with anger, thinking about the thing's her father had planned for her. She wondered if Rex was any different? Or was he just another rich, wicked Asentari male. She kept herself from making quick judgements though. "You can draw your sword. That regal scabbard might hinder you. Galitus i'd step back to the wall if I were you. I'd hate to hit you by accident." She said, before lunging forward. She drew the Gladius with her left hand, pulling it straight up out of the scabbard as she closed, and tried to drive the pommel into his chest. Normally she'd aim for the face, but she didn't know if she really wanted to hurt him.

At the same time as the first strike would be dealt with, she grabbed Asi with her right hand and drew it, slashing accross the midriff. It was a playful slash that would scrape across his dragon skin if it hit. Asi's fiery blade flickered as it passed through the air. She followed the momentum of the longer swords swing and spun around, going for a second slash with Asi, followed by a whirl of Vadjra that ended in a thrust. To Galitus, it would be a lethal display, but the thrust would stop short if it wasn't blocked in time. She let out a plume of smoke and smiled. "Von Broven are Lightning Asentari if i'm not mistaken." She asked. She was the only Merciallus of her father's children to have fire. It fit her well.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:08 am

Rex's small grin didn't leave his face. Maybe it was the hair combined with his slenderness and very boyish looks. Still, he responded back to Mercy. "Grandson. He died when I was young, I barely remember him. What little I do, he was a cranky old bastard. My grandmother definitely could have done better. Though, you might have been able to instill some morals and values into my father...but in the end, I can't muster any heart to blame you...your own happiness should come first." He slowly started to draw. "But he's dead now, just like Varmor, skull cracked open like an egg after the Primoris Rex got involved. If it weren't for her, I'd be dead by this same sword."

She closed, driving the pommel of one of her swords right towards his gut. He jumped onto the chair and then over her, spinning in time to back off just out of reach. Only then did he notice that was a playful swipe, meant only to scratch the skin. She wasn't being serious. Maybe? He ducked to avoid a swipe, and blocked and locked the follow-up, just holding things there. Then she spoke, letting out a plume of smoke. "And you're the only fire out of the three."

He angled his sword up, shoved, sending both blades up, though most likely no disarmaments. He attempted a headbutt to stun her. If successful, he'd charge Galitus, bringing up his free hand to within a foot his face, allowing electrical sparks to flash between them, burning the man and reminding him of this encounter. If she backed off instead, he'd swipe at her leg, back off and do a spin slash to her side, keeping a couch between them. Using his weapon's reach, he half-heartedly swipe at her as he moved more to his left, getting closer to Galitus.

He wondered how much noise he'd have to make to get the others to come in. Either way, Rex looked at her with interest instead of being cold like he normally is.

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:37 am

Grandson? That surprised her. "You must be young." She said. She shook her head as he continued. "I don't know about that. I'd have been a terrible mother. It takes a strong woman to survive my father's influance and still be kind. Even with everything my mother endured, she was still warm and kind. I'm.." Not like her. She was as twisted as he was sometimes. But she didn't let that evil infect anyone else. "We call her Mercy for a reason boy. She has none." Galitus said. Bethany flashed him a look that said stay out of it.

He locked swords with her, and she let him rather than break the lock. "The Primoris Rex? You got lucky. The alternative... Well if your father was anything like mine..." Rex would either be dead or have killed his father, something she wouldn't have wished on him. He broke the lock and hit her with a headbutt. She angled her head so they clashed foreheads, instead of having her nose broken, and he charged Galitus. Hand charged with lightning, he stopped a foot from Galitus' face. Bethany was on him in that time, Vadjra sheathed, and caught his arm.To Galitus it would look like a close call, and indeed the sparks of lightning that hit his face startled him. He though the fight was real.

Bethany pulled Rex away and got between him and Galitus. She smiled. She found it highly amusing, since if he'd wanted to he could have killed Galitus before she stopped him. Honestly it would have served him right, messing with an Asentari. "Close call Galitus. I'm surprised you kept your bladder in check." She said mockingly. By the sounds of his breathing he didn't take the close call well. "Shut up and get rid of him already, you useless bitch. If i wanted someone around to chat I'd be paying you to fuck me." Her eyes darkened. She was so close to spinning and cutting him open at that. Asi seemed to want a piece of him. The sword ignited into a blaze of flames. "I warned you he was dangerous. Speak to me like that again and i'll put these flames out in your gut." She snarled.

Bethany charged Rex and used a slash and thrust of Asi to drive Rex away. If he tried to lock blades again she'd switch hands and draw Vadjra with her right, driving the pommel into his gut. "Dont worry I'm not angry at you." She said quietly. "Asi is a tempermental blade but she didn't ignite because of you. However the flames make her a bit more dangerous. I can't put on a good show if I accidentally ignite you or something in the room." She said and smiled a little again. Then she did draw Vadjra, if she didn't already have it in hand, and thrust at Rex's main leg. She followed it into an upward slash. She kept Asi ready to defend herself.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:43 pm

Oh? He somehow doubted that. He did indeed got lucky and what she said was obviously true. His headbutt connected, but didn't quite keep her stunned long enough for him to get a full Spark on the mobster. She stopped him, forcing him to back off. Then the guy said something that made Rex grin. "Oh was that what those guys outside the door are for? That makes a lot of sense..." With his gestures, he made it look like it was some grand mystery solved. And he was sure that would infuriate the man.

Then she attacked him again, her one blade blazing in fire. He parried it once, then deflected the second strike and attacked, trying to cut off her head. Though it was a little slow. On purpose. She drew her other sword and aimed for his right leg. Only for him to move to the side and scraped blades. Though he did roll backwards onto the man's desk, making it tip over. The Lightning Asentari kicked it at her.

When she closed, he'd try to lock blades with her again. "I'm staying at the Hillcrock Inn. I'll be in the lobby for a little while...if you want to come by and take me to a tavern his goons don't go to. That offer of a drink will be open till I leave." He spoke just loud enough so only she would hear.

With any luck, he'd push her back and jump through the window. Landing on his feet, he'd break out in a dead run. Turning and twisting, hoping to lose any who dared pursue him. Then he made his way to the inn he was staying at.

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:38 pm

(for reference, i'd say this thread is before UE, since Bethany is likely going to get dragged into the Thassa take down.)

She snorted a laugh at his insult towards Galitus. When she attacked again he aimed a strike for the neck and she easily dodged it, followed it up with her own attack. He rolled over the table and kicked it at her, and Bethany split the table in half with Vadjra with relative ease. She closed and they locked blades. He told her where he would be and asked her to come meet him for a drink, then he pushed away from her and went out the window. When he was gone, she sheathed her swords as Galitus began to shout for his men. They stormed into the room. "I want you lot to search this place for him. Bring him back alive." He demanded. Bethany sighed. "Seriously, just let it go. He could have killed you if he'd wanted." She said. Galitus turned with a snarl and slapped her across the face.

She didn't even flinch, but she went absolutely stock still. "You shut the fuck up and stay out of this! This is my town, and if I want this wormy little fucker dead at my feet, thats what i'll have. So just shut your mouth, stand at that wall and protect me. Like I pay you." She started to smile, but the smile twisted and turned evil. Her hand snapped up and closed around Galitus' throat, and she slammed him against the wall. His men gasped and swords were drawn, but she ignored them. "You insignificant piece of filth, the only reason I dont just gut you right now is because I dont feel like cleaning the blood off myself. " She snarled into his face. "So you listen closely. We're done here. I'm not going to protected your dumb ass anymore, and you get to keep living. But if you come anywhere near me or that kid before we leave this town, I'll burn every single one of you to ashes. Am I clear?" She asked. Galitus nodded. "Good, now tell your men to stand down."

Galitus waved his men down, and Bethany released him. He gasped for air violently and slid to the floor, visibly shook. "Your lucky I don't feel living up to my nickname." She said. Mercy turned and walked out the door, closing it behind her. Leaving the building, she made her way through the town towards the inn he'd mentioned. She walked into the lobby and found him. "Hey, sorry I took my time. Come on, I know a place across town Galitus' men wont dare go." She said. She lead him out and started walking. "It's a rival gang's place. I'm sure they won't mind us crashing the party. They might even take my presence there as an oppertunity to go put an end to Galitus."

Arriving at the in, she asked him what he was having and got the first round. They found some seats and she took a deep drink of her ale. "So, what brings you out this way Rex? The asentari cant have much interest in the freelands, unless they're planning to invade." She asked curiously. "Also, on a more personal note, I don't suppose you happen to know how my family is faring. I know Jastus is dead. I'm not surprised in the least... But I never checked in with my mother..."

Last edited by Vala on Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:46 am

He shrugged, waving off the apology. Honestly, there really wasn't anything to apologize for. He just smiled and followed. He got a sweet red wine and sat down with her. Then they started to talk. He did look around. His regal clothing combined with a fairly famous guard, er, ex-guard of a gang had certainly caught some attention. "I was told to get cultured and report back. So I left to do exactly that. Curious about the Freelands, but still no real interest in expanding the territory. Besides, Edaria is still a respected hold, so from what I gather, the Praetors don't want to mess with them. Not out of fear or anything like that, just that they respect the city's leader that much. I've yet to visit there myself. Anyways, they just want to know what's going on outside and more about the various cultures." He took a sip. There was no harm that he could see in letting her know that much. He did have an amount of respect towards her for standing up to her father, even killing him.

Where he was nothing more but a damsel in distress. Then she asked about her family. "Last I saw them was at a gala before I told my father my own future plans that he didn't take well. From what I saw, Markus was married and had a few kids. Your mother was still alive and seemed at peace. She entertained a great-grandchild while she was there. Markus himself seemed a good person, and his wife plenty happy...he stayed well away from us though. My father didn't like him I guess...he practically forbade me from interacting with them. And that was one thing I did obey him on...since I had no way to sneak around him at that time. I was certainly curious about them, given what was supposed to have happened. Is there a message or anything I can give them when I return?"

He tilted his head curiously. He'd certainly would deliver it if she had a message.

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:58 am

She looked around too. They were getting a few lucks, but she'd established enough of a reputation here that even the dumbest of the lot would know better. Some of the men did get up and leave. "Get cultured? Ha, that's one way of putting it. I'd stay clear of Karcenak, and the Kyrias border in general. The heanta like their slaves, but Karcenak is just as bad as them, if not worse because slaves are toys to them." She explained. "Oleas and Zandartis are worth a visit, and they're in the opposite direction of Karcenak. Oleas is on the opposite side of the Lonerit mountains, you'd have seen them coming out of Lower Edia."

She nodded in response to that. "The Preators are good for not rocking the boat. They could probably try bring Edaria into the fold. The Asentari did good by the people in lower Edia. Its safe and protected. But I doubt Lady Drexara would allow it. That city's survived hostile takeovers from both freeland factions because of how feircely the people there want to protect it. Its a home to everyone, and she'd want it to remain neutral. Its the only city i've seen with Heanta and Eldari living there peacefully. Though I doubt its a freindly peace. If one thing is constant in this world, its that those two races will never be freindly towards one another." She said. Talking about Edaria made her want to go back and see it again. To see her again. But facing Aline would be less than pleasent after so long. And she would have to, because there was no stepping foot in that city without Aline Drexara knowing about it. "You should visit either way. Check in with her. You'll get more cultured talking with her than you will drinking with me in a bar."

She listened to what he knew of her family, and smiled faintly. When he asked if she had a message, she considered sending Asi back to her brother. He technically owned it. But if Asi didn't want her, she would burn her hand off. She shrugged. "No.. I think they're better off without hearing from me. I'm to much like father, and they don't need reminding of that bastard. Besides last time I spoke to my mother was a while before i left Upper Edia. And well.. She hadn't forgiven me for killing him." She said. She nodded decisively. "Its good enough to know they're happy."

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:11 pm

Rex took in the information and nodded. "Sounds like places to visit on my round trip." He was heading north, and then making a loop on down. Still, the warning was good on those cities. And he certainly wasn't planning on going that far north. He couldn't help but chuckle at the comment about Heanta and Eldari. He had heard much the same...the two just instinctively hated each other. "I plan on visiting. It's my last stop before I head back into Edia. As far as talking to her compared to you, who said I wanted to talk to you because I wanted to get cultured? I'm talking to you because I'm curious. Given how our families were supposed to have been."

Rex frowned a bit at the last part. "Now that wasn't what I heard. I heard you left the household immediately after killing your father, without a word to your mother, and lived in Eapara for a while before leaving. Again, without a word. She was as much a victim as you were. If you were that similar to him, you'd have let your girlfriend die. You'd have stayed and become a mother to another generation of vial so called nobles.

I don't believe for a second that you are that weak. I was nothing but a damsel in distress. You resisted. You fought. We're both survivors...but I think I understand you now...you're running from your horrors. That isn't healthy. And I think you're stronger than that..."
His eyes had narrowed, almost challenging. She could either disappoint him now, or prove his point. He still had nightmares, true, but he never allowed that to stop him. He was going to get stronger...both mentally and physically. So he would never feel that kind of fear again...or if he did...he'd fight it head on and do what needed to be done.

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:32 am

Bethany nodded as he spoke. "Oh I see so they keep extensive documents on me up there do they? I know I'm a rogue element but I didn't know i was famous. Or infamous? Well, eitherway not everything you hear is correct. I did go back to see my mother, a few days before I left Edia. Its hard to understand, but as crual as he was, she loved him. Maybe being a victim for so long messed with her head. But I can only hope she recovered from that, and I don't want to ruin whatever happiness she's found by going back there." Bethany said.

He said something about believing she wasn't weak. She just shrugged. "The only reason I killed my father, was because of Aline. I didn't even do it for me. Before her, i just existed day to day, sneaking around a mansion so I wouldn't attract attention. I had nothing worth living for before her. All of my strength of will came from her. Now, I'm just a broken girl drinking to suppress a lifetime of shit I probably brought on myself the day I killed my father. The gods frown on Patricide, or so they say. Perhaps they're punishing me. She took a big gulp of her drink.

"So, you know allot about me, but I don't know much about you. How did you get to where you are, kid?" She asked.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:28 am

Rex still had his frown. But he shrugged an leaned back. "I am a novice at gathering information like that, and this was years ago. Still, at least talk to Markus some time. Even if it's just a letter. It might be good for both of you. As far as documents go...if the Oculi has one on you, you'd be low risk. You weren't in the military. The other two that we're definitely interested in...one is a moderate risk only because of his personality profile and the other is definitely high risk. If you see another fire asentari with blood red hair and amber eyes wielding a red cutlass and a large oval shield with several tricks build into it, let us know or save us the trouble and kill him. I'd be disappointed that I wouldn't get his head, since I do have a bit of a score to settle, but it would be selfish to ask others to put themselves at needless risk trying to capture him alive just so I could be the one to do the honors." He took a sip as he thought about his next response.

"If you were completely broken, why haven't you ended it yet? I don't think just the will to live is all that's driving you at the moment. You just haven't found your goal yet. I'm not one to believe in the gods or whatever it is that made this world...but if that's the case, then fuck them. Surely there is something you want to do, something more than just work for some scumbag here and there. If you are who I think you are...you'll leave this wretched city in search of that. Surely that lard-ass filled your purse up enough to do that."

He took a large gulp of his sweet red wine. He could hold his alcohol pretty decent. But probably not as well as a seasoned drinker or even an all life noble. He was asked how he got where he got. He gave a humorless chuckle. "Pure luck and happenstance. If the Primoris Rex wasn't so close or my father was quieter in killing me, I'd not be here. Either that, or orphaned and used as a puppet by someone, if she didn't like the answer to her question.

But since, metaphorically, I want to stand up a hundred feet tall, never let fear lead the way, run a hundred miles strong, and not wanting to be the same...I guess she liked that answer. And took me in, trained me to join the Academy that I had planned on in the first place, and excelled.*sigh* I had one rival. Kronos Lohengrin. The asentari I described earlier. Other than that? I'm pretty mellow and can get along with most people I think. Or...so I thought after this little adventure. I don't mind a good time, but to think someone could get that drunk and still not get the message after a knuckle sandwich..."
Rex shook his head and took another sip.

"So far, it seems like there's plenty to agree to disagree...but hopefully...we could become friends. To surviving shitty parents?" He gave her a goofy grin and raised his glass. If she met it, he'd down what was left...and maybe go refill their glasses when they heard a commotion outside...

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:19 pm

"Hmm, interesting. If I run into this Kronos fella, I'll take him down. I'll even bring his head to Edia for you. Or throw it in a ditch, depends on how bored I am. If you did want him alive I can't promise anything. I generally don't do well at taking people down without killing them. That, and well why bother? Some people just need to be put down, there's no fixing them." She said.

"I'm not that broken. I can still enjoy life with booze and women. Its a simple one, and sure it doesn't help fix me, but if I'm to drunk to care I don't really care." She said with a smirk. "However as it would happen, I am thinking its time to move on from here. Maybe your right, and I'll find a goal or something worth trying to me more for. Eitherway, I probably shouldn't spend much longer here. I'll have to kill half of its criminal underground before I'd get a bit of peice." She said. She listened to his story, but didn't show an ounce of pity. She gave him a slightly mocking grin at the part about standing 100ft tall, but didn't interupt.

"I've often found a firm kick to the groin helps getting across that your not interested. That being said, some people are just to stupid to understand, and if they do they get a bit pissy about being hit and start a fight anyway." She said. He offered a toast and she oblidged. "Your not as uptight as most Asentari nobles, so we could be freinds. To shitty parents." She said. She also downed the last of her drink, where there was a loud commotion outside. "I wonder what could be the cause of that. " She said. "I could go for another drink. If its Galitus, he'll have to deal with the local thugs before he gets in here, so we've got a bit of time.."

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:56 pm

"It might be weird to say this since we just met, but if you say you did do him in, I'd believe you. Just someone to keep an eye out for...he won't hesitate to take anyone down. He generally knows his limits though." Rex knew the man was smart. As reckless as he sometimes can get.

Then she responded about how she wasn't that broken. And agreed that perhaps it was time to move on. Rex smiled a little. "I can appreciate that. Some of the others that weren't born a noble or anything often said they missed the simple life."

He noticed she didn't give him an ounce of pity, which only made his respect for her grow. He didn't like that look. Didn't like pity. Then she took his toast, commenting he wasn't as uptight as other Asentari nobles. He only grinned. "Spending the last nine years with people that, despite their jobs as Oculi Draconis, are still quite the colorful cast of characters helps. And I like to think my surrogate little brother had a small hand in that too. I don't ever intend to be as uptight as them, but I may start going back to the galas and stuff when I get back. If nothing else but to see if I can't help change the culture a little bit."

As he came back, the door opened to show a seemingly high ranking thug with a bruised up Galitus. Rex sat down with their drinks as they approached their table. "I assumed since you were here, you aren't working for him anymore, Mercy. He claims otherwise. Before I send him off to work off his fat, got anything to say? Or clear up what bullshit he seems to spout?" The man gave Rex a curious glance, but made no mention of him.

Rex grinned almost maliciously. "Keep plenty of big buff men that prefers pigs to anything else to keep him company. He'll be plenty happy." Some of the guards cracked a grin at the jab. While the boss's eyes seemed amused, he himself kept a more stoic face. At the least, he seemed more respectful of Mercy that Galitus.

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:18 am

She smiled at that. "That change has got to start somewhere. I'd try to help to, but I haven't been to a gala in a long time.. I haven't worn a dress in a very long time either. They'd probably kick me out of their club if I showed up like this." Her mood lightened slightly. And then a large thug walked in dragging Galitus. She shook her head. "People always gotta piss on my mood.." She said quietly. The thug asked her if she had anything to say, but before she could speak, Galitus began to beg her for help.

"Mercy, listen, get me out of here and I'll double, no triple your pay! I'm sorry, I lost the run of myself. I came here to get you, I didn't even bring back up." He said. He tried his best to look sincere but she knew he was full of shit. "Damn... You are really stupid. Do you think your life actually matters to me human." She stood up, staring down at Galitus. Her skin began to glow red. "Your lifespan is a fraction of mine, your measly existance means nothing to me. I could swat out the lives of everyone in this building in the blink of an eye, and it wouldn't phase me. The only reason I was working for you was for the money, and you should have been happy that I didn't kill you."

Galitus began to tremble, and she was pretty sure he pissed himself. She looked at the thug. "Get him out of here." She said with absolute command. The man, thug boss or otherwise, didn't think twice about disobaying her in her current state. When the door slammed shut, the bar had fallen silent. Everyone was looking at them, and Bethany burst out laughing. "Oh you should see your faces! As if I'd burn down a good bar. Thats a waste of booze." She said. The tension eased instantly, and things returned to semi normal. "Fuck, did you see his face? I think he pissed himself." She asked as She sat down across from Rex. "That was fun. Mustering up that regal dragon fury is difficult, but it sure gets results."

She went back to her drink. Her mood quickly began to darken, as she contemplated what she was going to do. Rex had given her allot to think about, and she had allot of unfinished business she really needed to tend to. After a long silence, she spoke again. "I going to leave in the morning. Might drink myself stupid first, find somewhere to lay my head. Then I'm heading north. I think its time to face some things there." she said somberly. "So, where to next for you on your grand adventure?"

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:13 am

Rex joined her in laughing. It was quite the display. Then she told him her plans, and asked about his. "I might skirt the edges of Mandolin territory, and continue north before making a loop down. I'm...too nervous to actually go in it. Even if they wouldn't know me or anything. I'll certainly avoid Karcenak...probably make my loop far south of them." He didn't want to cause an incident. Perhaps he was being paranoid. Maybe a second adventure, he might go through Mandolin, but not this trip. Hopefully with some easy going fun, they'd be left alone and call it a night.

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down