Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» The Reluctant Warrior (Open)
by Jun Today at 4:44 am

» Tohma's mount Tscuchigumo
by Jun Today at 3:30 am

» Caelum of the Skygaurd(orgoth, R-1 rank up)
by Zenke Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» A Prince's Secret (open?)
by Orgoth Tue May 14, 2024 2:09 am

» Ghosts of the Past - Aftermath
by Orgoth Mon May 06, 2024 12:29 am

» Gohan Maedar Skill Sheet
by Orgoth Sun May 05, 2024 3:16 am

» Gohan Maedar
by Jun Sat May 04, 2024 2:12 am

» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

Affiliates

A wanderer in an unknown land..

2 posters

Go down

A wanderer in an unknown land.. Empty A wanderer in an unknown land..

Post by Yuubarin Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:40 am

The journey home was placed on the back burner, though traveling in that direction had taken the heanta into the freelands and from there she drifted on with no particular goal until she found herself at the city of Edaria, a haven for all that weren't causing trouble, though if there was no one to say she had done so then wasn't that much the same? The soldiers she had fought a few days ago hadn't exactly gotten a good look at her face during the clash in the flaming woods and they weren't of this land either, and dead men tell no tales either, so entrance into the city was not difficult and neither did she expect any other portion of her time here to be. She wandered further within the city's walls until the smell of food carried her to a tavern.

She had little money, and even if she would consider selling her armor, she had left it behind in a box from the wagon which she had then buried so that she could return for it when it might be more helpful than hindering, something it would be in trying to blend in. However, coin was not the only currency in the world and thus she would obtain a meal through her talent as musician. Without formal lessons her abilities lacked the shine they might have had otherwise, but she was still a capable player and for most places that was enough to earn some kind of meal. Minervium was just finishing her second song when a small plate of some local meat dish was presented to her as compensation, bringing a gentle smile to her face and signalling to her that it was time to take a bow and slip into a spot out of everyone's attention. The food was not bland, overcooked or undercooked and that much earned her approval, but the spices used were an interesting mixture that lightly burned her mouth like a gently licking flame while also being relatively sweet compared to most foods she had tasted in her life. As she ate eagerly, an argument started between a group of 11 in total, 6 on one side and five on the other, which caught her attention. With a scheming heart, she shoveled the last of the food into her mouth and made her way over just as it began to escalate and the first punch was being thrown.

She ended up joining the smaller side and in doing so more than evened the odds, though as she threw her punches and even smashed a couple of noses with her forehead, she kept her real goal in sight. Once the matter seemed close enough to won, she slipped away and out the door with as many plates from the table as she could carry and left the bloodied and bruised bunch to wonder where it had all gone while they were brawling. If anyone on the street saw her, they didn't care that she had left the premise with the plates since no one stopped her or came after her while she ate in calm happiness in a nearby alley. But that didn't mean that she ended up without any company, as oddly enough an urchin came into the alley and shamelessly begged for just a little food. She considered it quietly while she ate, but ultimately did give offer the child a plate which must have stunned it considering how it stammered and hesitated to take it despite having asked for food.

"You're sure I can have this? Thank you miss!" The child cried with happiness as it consumed the contents of the plate and thanked her again and again for her apparent charity, though that joy seemed to have taken a hit when at last Minervium responded to the bright eyed creature with the gentle voice one might expect from a parent or an older sibling with words that gripped the child's heart with fear for at least a moment, and nervous laughter passed its lips as it tried to tell itself that it must have been a joke.

"Of course you can, livestock must be fed before it is worth eating." Not a word more was spoken between them, though the child left with a second plate of food and a lingering fear at the edge of his mind that it hadn't been the joke he continued to insist to himself that it was. 
Yuubarin
Yuubarin
Beginner
Beginner

Experience : 85

Resources
Resources: 1100

Back to top Go down

A wanderer in an unknown land.. Empty Re: A wanderer in an unknown land..

Post by Zenke Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:04 am

A young red haired girl wondered the streets of Edaria, seemingly without purpose. The girl was Valatrix, a heanta with purple eyes and very light skin. Unlike most heanta, her head was bereft of horns, a genetic defect passed down from her grandfather. It marked her out to her own kind, but most humans and asentari were unaware of what her lack of horns meant. Given her size, most didn't even notice she was a heanta. However in Edaria, whether someone noticed or not didn't really matter. The city was a safe haven to all people who needed it. Not that she needed it. No Vala was here to see the city, and possibly visit the floating Islands of Edia.

Vala's slow meanadering through the city took her down many different streets, with plenty of shops and sights. She was dressed in a light loose green tunic as opposed to her usual combat leather, as she was unaccustomed to the heat. She didn't really expect to run into trouble, but she'd chosen to wear her drakna. The divinium heanta battle gauntlets were as much part of her as her demon matrix, and it always felt odd to be without them. Vala's slow exploration eventually brought her to a tavern on the far side of the city from her own lodgings, and she decided to step inside for a drink and a break from the heat. A minstril had just started to play as she slipped in and appraoched the counter. She got herself a drink and took a seat in the back, and listened to the musician.

Vala was surprised to see the player was another heanta, though perhaps she shouldn't be, since edaria was a fairly accepting place. She'd seen a few others already, and even a few eldari who didn't try to run her through or blast her with magic. None seemed to happy to see her though, but they might have been very confused were she with Fayla at the time. Vala's attention went back onto the minstrel, just as she finished up and disappeared to eat her food. And not long after, a fight broke out in the tavern between two groups. She was tempted to jump into the brawl herself, but instead she kept her distance.

However, the minstrel returned and joined in the brawl evening the numbers, before pulling a fast one on the combatants and slipping out with several plates of food. Vala cocked her head in confusion at this behavior. Heanta didn't need to eat often, and that seemed like to much for one person. Curious, Vala slipped out after the minstrel and seen her go into an alley. She carefully moved toward the alley and spotted a child follow the heanta in. As she got closer, she heard the child ask for food, and was given some, to its joy. Vala smiled slightly and made to leave when she heard the heanta's reply.

It seemed like a joke, but it was not an uncommon fate for humans in Kyrias who outlived their usefulness or when times were tough. The child laughed it off, but Vala wasn't so sure it was, and instead of risking it she revealed herself, stepping into the alley, claws on full display and smiled at the child coldly before looking at the heanta. "Got any food to share?" She asked. The child looked between them, assumed it was about to become a meal, and bolted from the alley in terror. She felt a little bad, but she didn't show it as she eyed the other heanta. "A word of advice. Don't eat any of the locals. They're not livestock, and the city autorities won't take kindly to it. If your caught, the best case scenario is you get hung. Worst case, you take us all down with you." She said coldly. She watched the heanta, waiting for her response.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Octavia Velerius A-5 Asentari
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Umbra Moonfall A-5 Heanta
Koranna "Kora" Merciallus A-5 Asentari
Gwyneth "Gwyn" Ferrum Aurora A-5 Human
Mist, The Explosive Assassin A-5 Half-Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Experience : 2057

Resources
Resources: 26880

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuubarin Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:33 am

How unfortunate, someone else had decided to follow her and  she didn't seem like someone to take lightly. Despite lacking the horns which were a heanta's most obvious feature, this woman carried gauntlets that were unmistakably made to accommodate the claws of a heanta and which were not an uncommon art among practitioners of a particular form of hand to hand fighting. To assume that this woman was indeed a heanta was a fair guess, and if she were one who lacked horns by birth than all the more Minervium was wise to be wary. "There wouldn't be much purpose in feeding you..but if you eat it before I can then I will accept it." One of the remaining plates that was untouched was presented to the other heanta lazily while Minervium continued to feed herself with her other hand.

"They seem quite enough like it, and why shouldn't they be? If left to grow under suitable conditions, they will grow quite full and ripen into high quality meat. When there is competition or danger, some predators are quite successful by dragging their kills up trees to be eaten, did you know that?" The heanta pulled a waterskin from her side and drank heavily from it while keeping an eye on her hornless company, a finger raised in an unspoken insistence that she wait and not interrupt despite the pause. When the opening finally left her lips, she smiled softly and stood, now facing the slightly troublesome girl. "If a wolf eats fruit, it will still be attacked by moose, these ones just haven't learned to do so yet..What brings a hornless here?" It seemed unlikely that anyone would be looking for her, let alone that anyone would start and then find her so soon after the incident that separated her from the others, but what were the chances that a member of such an important clan would be out this far to such an insignificant place on any sort of other business? Perhaps someone had set their sights on this place thinking they would be the first to overcome its walls and wanted some idea of what they were getting into. 

Whatever the case was, nothing of interest had been offered yet and she still had things to see and do around here, so she pivoted on her foot and turned around to start walking in the opposite direction, but not before picking up her sizable spear from its place beside where she had been sitting. She didn't have to say much to justify having it, as travelers needed to be able to defend themselves against wildlife and other attackers, as well as hunt for food, and it wouldn't make sense to risk losing such a tool by leaving it outside or in someone else's care. One spearman couldn't do much harm in a town like this before being overwhelmed, though Minervium was far from stupid enough to think she was any different, if she was going to cause trouble then she would do so knowing a somewhat reliable route out of the city. Since she didn't have that, this place would be subjected to shenanigans like what she had pulled at the tavern at worst.
"if you know someplace with just the right amount of sun and open air to relax, I might be willing to help you some" she called back as she continued down the alley, her pace slowing somewhat.
Yuubarin
Yuubarin
Beginner
Beginner

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:40 am

Vala frowned. "And why not? Don't like the taste of heanta?" She asked before shrugging. "Its fine I'm not hungry. I was just scaring away that child before it became your dinner." Vala said, looking at the lazy heanta. The girl countered her warning by talking about how predators drag food up trees, before taking a long drink. She continued before giving Vala a chance to reply. When vala did reply, she said, "We're not common predators though. Our particular prey does not like being eaten, and they're guards will happily gut you once they find you, whether you drag your prey up a tree or down an alley." She said. "The people in Edaria aren't as intolerant of heanta. They wont attack us, unless we start eating them. As for why I'm here, I could ask you the same thing. I don't recognise you from the clans. Are you a warrior?" Vala asked her.

She gained the distinct impression the heanta before her was not a local, and was more likely from Kyrias. How she ended up so far from home was a mystery though. The other heanta began to walk away, before turning back and asking about a warm airy place to sit. Vala decided to go with her, catching up easily. "You can atleast be glad I'm Valatrix of the hornless clan, as opposed to Celaena the Hornless. My mother does not share my bountiful patience." Vala told the other heanta. "I don't really require your help. But, since I have you here, you can tell me your name, and how you got here. I'm fairly new to the city, but I passed through a public garden while I was exploring." Vala said, and led the way.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuubarin Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:45 am

Minervium refrained from laughing at both the question and the admission that she had been protecting the child, but she did make the effort to respond to the rest of what she said. "Are we really so different from any other predator?..If they bother to chase me past the walls, who will stop someone else from hopping over them and grabbing someone else, and who will protect the guards themselves? That they tolerate us is a failure to recognize us as predators in their midst." Minervium swatted the air dismissively at her social standing being questioned. "When I'm wanted, though that is more often then I feel like being one. It's fun, but so are less strenuous things." Minervium continued on into the street while Valatrix seemed to follow, at least initially. She wasn't watching her very closely though the peace loving nature of this town could be trusted to provide some protection if the hornless heanta became agitated with her.

A couple minutes of walking from where they had started, Minervium finally stopped to answer Valatrix. "Celaena is a name isn't a name I've often heard, it tends to concern things far away and unimportant when I do. I would hope I would be as far below her watch as she is above mine, though I don't seem fortunate enough to be below yours. I am Minervium, how I ended up on my own shouldn't be hard to imagine but since I wasn't in a rush to return to Kyrias, I thought I'd see where the river of fate would take me." Minervium pivoted in place to turn and start walking after Vala at the mention of the garden, happy enough to remain silent while she led the way from there on. 
Yuubarin
Yuubarin
Beginner
Beginner

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:39 pm

Vala listened to what Minervium had to say. "My mother is a little less stuck up than most clan leaders or members of the elite. Its easy to keep your head out of the clouds when most other clans look down on you for not being a 'True' clan. Do something worthwhile for her to notice you, and she'd pay you the respect you deserve. Unless you do something she doesn't like. Then she might spend the time killing you personally." Vala responded, before leading her on to the garden she'd mentioned. She mulled over the other heanta's words as they walked, and since the other woman chose to stay quiet for now, she did too.

The garden Vala had mentioned was a large open space surrounded by trellises with climbing roses and other bright flowers. there was a fountain in the middle of the garden with a low wall, and weaving paths traversed a vivid flower garden, with several seating areas around. No one paid them any head as they walked across the flower garden and found a bench to sit on. Once she was sitting down, Vala stayed quiet for a while, admiring the garden. There was nothing like this in Av'Eden. The only public places there was slaver stalls, fighting pits and the markets. There was very few places in Av'Eden one could consider nice to look at, never mind beautiful.

After a while of contemplation, she looked at Minervium. "So, exactly what do you plan to do now? Because you mentioned offering me help earlier, but I'm not on a mission and I'm not in need of a helping hand. I'm visiting the city, seeing where the 'river of fate' as you put it, will take me." she said. "However if you need money or help to get home, I'm willing to help you."

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuubarin Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:38 am

"I was under the impression that your clan was well regarded, though I haven't really asked many people about it." The walk wasn't all too long and was plenty worth it. Indeed, there weren't many places like this garden back in Kyrias and it was far more enjoyable than the barren land that made up most of the territory. She herself had become far better adjusted to patches of fairly dense, or at least by the standards of Kyrias they were dense, patches of trees, ferns, bushes and wild flowers at the base of the the mountains on the border of that land and found the more barren areas dissatisfying. The fountain was fun enough to watch, but the waterworks produced by nature had much a charm of their own to compete with it. The displays made by the flowers within the garden were tad too brazen for her tastes with the brightness of the colors, but she didn't find them bothersome, merely second rate to the more subdued colors of flowers she often saw outside the domain of civilization and what their growth could tell you about conditions around them such as where the sun may shine strongest throughout the day.

"I'm not really planning anything, I stumble upon opportunity and I respond. If you are the same then maybe we will head in the same direction. I think that eventually the river will take me home and some time again it will bring me here, but who can say when it will be." While she spoke, she set down her things and pulled her kantele back into her lap to strum it fairly idly, though one string sounded off and was promptly attended to before Minervium's attention was returned to Vala. "If you did find some sort of goal, I might find it fun." If it interested her enough, she might just get involved regardless of Vala's wishes. 
Yuubarin
Yuubarin
Beginner
Beginner

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:12 pm

Vala nodded. "It is by some. Not by the others. My grandfather formed the clan, its the youngest of all the clans and some of the others think she's not worthy of the name my grandfather made for himself. Its complicated political stuff and I prefere not to be involved. Its why I rarely spend time in Av'Eden." She said. That and someone wanted her dead. Which she didn't mention unless Minervium got any bright ideas.

Vala listened to Minervium talk about her current path. She smiled slightly. "I do love to adventure. But I doubt you would approve of my traveling companions." She responded as Minerviun pulled out her instrument. Vala frowned at the device and watched as she tuned it before speaking again. "Well, I travelled here with a pair of Asentari, and I may end up visiting the sky islands of edia with them. Assuming they let me in, of course. I might get chased away." She said. "But I think I will need to return to Av'Eden soon after. Your welcome to tag along when I go." She said.

Then she gave the instrument another look. "What is that device? I know it makes music, but I don't think I've seen one before." She said as she examined it a little closer. She wondered if she could learn to play one. Not because she like music, but just because she enjoyed learning things.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuubarin Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:15 am

The position of clans wasn't of great interest to either of them then it would seem, and by the sound of it they were both wanderers. Valatrix seemed oddly more sociable than herself though if she traveled with Asentari without compunction. Such an act might get her labeled a traitor or some kind of peace lover, something Minervium could hold over her head if she were inclined to do so. Though if she were honest with herself, constant warfare didn't really seem all that appealing. The raids could be fun but risking death was not and they could meet the same ends with a bit of pressure instead of immediately jumping on every chance to turn the world into a battlefield. War was impersonal and if you did find someone fun to fight it wouldn't last long because eventually one or the other would be killed, a little change in that could make it all a lot more enjoyable, and maybe whatever path Valatrix was on would suit that desire.

"What sort of goal could a Heanta and an Asentari have in common? The sort of adventure that gets them entangled must be quite a story." She looked up from her instrument to see that her company was looking at the stringed device. "It is something I took from someone a long time ago. I can't be certain what it is called though I do have some idea." She made a quick demonstration of her skill with it by playing a short portion of a song at a fast tempo while still keeping each note distinct enough that the song was recognizable to anyone who had heard it before. "I taught myself so I wouldn't know how to formally teach anyone else. But learning by doing has always been the preferable way hasn't it?" The rites of passage in their society were rarely things studied through lecture or reading, rather they often prepared for in everyday life, through fighting those around you and walking the land with your own two feet, or at least that was how it was back when she had last been among what could be called civilization in Kyrias. 
Yuubarin
Yuubarin
Beginner
Beginner

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:40 pm

Vala nodded. "Quite a tale indeed. We were hunting a group of mercenaries who I had some disagreements with. Mostly they tried to kill me, hired by someone who didn't want me alive, as is the time old fashion of the heanta elite when they decide they don't like someone. Though in this case, a simple assassin wasn't good enough for me it seems. Granted, I survived through two assassination attempts, so clearly an army was needed for little me." She said, choosing not to mention who exactly had tried to have her killed. "Needless to say, myself and a good freind killed the mercenaries leader and with the help of three asentari and a human, we scattered the group to the winds. It was fun." She finished. She smiled happily at the memories, and wondered if the mercenary leader might come back looking for vengence.

She listened to Minervium explain about the instrument and who she had taught herself. Vala watched her hands move as she played the instrument, the deft swift movements, noting the covering on her claws. She frowned at that, since heanta claws were normally retractable, but she decided that maybe asking would be considered rude. So instead she focused back on the conversation at hand. "Indeed. But its rare to see a heanta pick up an instrument. Especially one thats not a wardrum or horn." She said. That being said, music wasn't unheard of in Av'Eden. They had minstrels who preformed epics, though the contents of their songs were always war related. And some of them really weren't that good.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuubarin Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:16 am

It was certainly an interesting tale, and if she was important enough to warrant someone hiring mercenaries and was able to get a handful of capable fighters to help her, and members of other races for that matter, then Vala must have been far more remarkable than any heanta Minervium had personally met in her life and likely among those from these last few decades who would end up being written about somewhere as an exemplary heanta if she continued to survive and didn't hide away somewhere. "Mercenaries often have some form of desirable wealth, meeting what remains of them might be fun. They also tend to get into a lot of trouble and plenty of employers would be happy to clean their hands of them when the need for them is done."  It could be taken as the irrelevant rambling of a not entirely there vagabond, but the suggestion was no accident. 

The reaction to her covered claws was by no means unfamiliar and the fact she had taken notice was unmistakable. "There isn't much merit in it, the time spent learning could be spent getting stronger. Those heanta won't live long enough to have time enough for both, they never learn the patience or take the time to think that there are better ways to overcome a problem then confronting it directly." While the instrument playing of the heanta was an area that remained undeveloped and degraded compared to that of other races, there were plenty of things the heanta exceeded their neighbors in aside from the personal combat ability of the average individual even if it tended to be squandered by their war and battle obsessed culture. One of these things was throat singing oddly enough but Minervium had only known it to exist among the mountain border dwelling heanta. "There likely isn't anything worthwhile to take from this city left now, so I might drift on. If you see a pair of heanta named Aki and Kati, it would be nice if you told them you saw me."
Yuubarin
Yuubarin
Beginner
Beginner

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down