Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» The Reluctant Warrior (Open)
by Zenke Wed May 15, 2024 7:33 pm

» A Prince's Secret (open?)
by Orgoth Tue May 14, 2024 2:09 am

» Caelum of the Skygaurd(orgoth, R-1 rank up)
by Orgoth Sun May 12, 2024 4:30 pm

» Ghosts of the Past - Aftermath
by Orgoth Mon May 06, 2024 12:29 am

» Gohan Maedar Skill Sheet
by Orgoth Sun May 05, 2024 3:16 am

» Gohan Maedar
by Jun Sat May 04, 2024 2:12 am

» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

» Duty and War(Rowan/Yavanna Rank Up)
by Orgoth Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:01 pm

Affiliates

The Merciallus Gala(open, social)

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Merciallus Gala(open, social) Empty The Merciallus Gala(open, social)

Post by Zenke Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:59 pm

Bethany stood on the edge of the Merciallus family estate, staring forlornly towards the house that she had grown up in. It looked better than she remembered. It had clearly flourished since her Father's demise and Bethany's departure. She sincerely doubted it would do much good to come back now, but she looked at Aline who stood not to far away. This was her fault, really. After the events of Karcenak and the trials she faced getting there and back, she decided that it was time to rest and recuperate. Edaria was the place of choice. She wanted to check up on Aline and make sure Rex had finally made it home ok. It helped that Edaria made some of the best wine around. What she hadn’t expected to find was Aline waiting for her with a letter from her Mother.

“Bethany,
My sweet girl, I’ve missed you so much. I hope you are well. I heard about what happened in Karcenak from a friend, and I was so happy to find out you are alive and ok, though I must say slightly worried that you got mixed up in such a terrible conflict. Not a day has gone by that I haven’t thought of you. I would have reached out sooner, but I had no idea how to reach you before now. I never suspected the ruler of Edaria was the young girl you departed Edia with. I sent this letter to Lady Aline in the hopes that she might get it to you. I want to start by saying that I am so sorry for everything that this family put you through. I was weak, and I failed to protect you from your father. I should have reigned in your brothers sooner, instead of letting them go along with their father’s wickedness. I failed them too. You should know that Jastus has passed, but Markus has grown into a kind, good man. He has a family, with a good son and two beautiful daughters. He misses you as much as I do, and I know that he is sorry for everything he put you through too. We would very much love to have you home. Please consider at least paying us a visit, I would love to see you again.
Love,
Mother."

Bethany had read the letter several times, stony faced, before trying to throw it in the fire. Her hand was stayed by Aline, who managed to eek the details of the letter out of her before  convincing her that she needed to go and see her family. As always, she spoke more sense than anyone Bethany had ever met, knowing that the best way for her to heal was to be forgiven for her father’s death. Atleast, it would make sense to most people. Bethany thought that was a load of bullshit. She didn’t feel guilt over killing that old monster. Aline told her that she also had business in Edia, and promised to go with Bethany. Bethany tried her best to say no, but she still let Aline convince her to go, if only to spend more time with her before Bethany inevitably left to get mixed up in some other conflict.

And now she was standing outside her ancestral home, having second thoughts. She figured that no good would ever come of this, for anyone involved. They were better off without an angry drunk with issues hanging around. She turned to leave, to find Aline watching her keenly. ”You’re house is that way.” Aline pointed towards the Mansion. ”I need a drink. I’m not going in there sober.” She said. Aline crossed her arms and tapped her foot. ”I’m not falling for that. We both know you’re not sober.” Aline shooed her towards the gates of the estate. Bethany rolled her eyes and turned around, walking slowly towards them.

There was no sign of movement as they crossed the grounds and walked towards the front door, reaching the steps, Bethany stopped. She stared towards the front door. Her foot moved instinctively back, but Aline took her hand. ”I’ll be right here.” She said. She moved up the first step, and Bethany followed until she was at the door. Raising a hand she knocked and waited. The door opened and a young girl who looked about 9 looked out at her. She had the same caramel brown skin as Bethany, with dark hair and luminous blue eyes. “Hello?” The girl asked shyly. Bethany looked at who could only be her niece and smiled. ”Hi little one. Is you’re father or grandmother here?” Bethany asked. “Nana is.” She replied, looking over her shoulder. “Wait here, I’ll go get her.” The door slammed shut and she heard the girl call for her Mother as footsteps receded. A few moments later the door opened, and Variana Merciallus stood before her. Her eyes were blue, her hair a lustrous black and she had warm brown skin.

She stared at Bethany in shock, and tears began streaming down her face. ”Hello m-.” Bethany began, but the woman lunged forward and hugged Bethany fiercely. Bethany felt a swirl of conflicting emotions as she hugged her mother back, but relief and happiness was strongest amongst them. She hadn’t really realised how much she’d missed her mother after she left. ”My baby girl!” Variana said as she pulled away, taking Bethany’s face in her hands. Fresh tears welled as she took in Bethany’s ruined eye. ”You’re beautiful face, what happened to you?” She asked. ”Ah, It's a long story..” Her mother looked at Aline and took her hand. ”You must be Lady Aline. It's lovely to finally meet you. Please, come in both of you.”

Bethany hesitated as she stepped into the house. It didn’t look anything like she remembered. The decor had changed, no longer the drab colors of the ancestral manor she grew up in, everything was bright and welcoming. Her mother lead them into the spacious sitting room, where a second girl sat reading. She was older, maybe eighteen or nineteen. Her violet blue eyes rose to meet Bethanys, and she lowered her book. She had lighter brown skin and rose blonde hair, probably taking after her mother. She looked to Variana questioningly. “Who are our guests grandmother?” The girl asked formally. ”Kora, this is Bethany. You’re aunt, and her friend Aline Drexara of Edaria.” She said. Kora stood and approached. “I thought you looked familiar. Its lovely to meet you Bethany.” She said, extending her hand. Bethany shook it.

”You too...” She said. Kora looked at Aline and bowed. “I’ve read all about you Lady Aline. You’re quite inspirational for young Asentari. I would love to speak to you more, but i think I should go fetch my sister first.” She said and started towards the door. ”Is Darius around, Kora?” The girl looked over at Variana. “He’s drunk.” She said, her eyes darkening. “Again.” She left the room, leaving them alone. Variana looked upset. ”Poor boy’s been through a lot. He fought in the first contact war. It left its marks.” Variana said. ”But please, come, sit down. We have so much to catch up on.”

So Bethany sat down, and talked. Or let her mother talk about the family and Markus and her grandchildren. She asked Bethany plenty of questions and She did her best to answer, but some things were to hard. Aline took over in places, describing their initial travels together and how they’d started the tiny settlement that had grown into Zedartis. Not a word was said about Bethany’s initial stay in Karcenak. It had taken her several days to work up the nerve to Tell Aline about her enslavement there, but speaking about it with her mother was probably never going to happen. Eventually the two girls reappeared. Kora introduced her little sister as Alicia, who hid behind her big sister and peaked out at Bethany. Bethany smiled at her, and she came out a little further. The girl examined her, then pointed at her own eye. "Did that hurt?” She asked. Kora immediately chastised her. “Don’t ask people about things like that, Alicia. It’s rude.” Bethany shook her head. ”Its ok Kora. It did, but it's not sore anymore.” She said. “Oh. How did it happen?”

Bethany looked at her Mother, who nodded. ”I got it fighting a heanta.” Bethany said. “Ah! A heanta? Did he try to eat you?” She asked, looking around as if the heanta was here. ”She did, but I used my dragon breath and sent her running.” The girl hopped out. “That’s so cool. I can’t do my dragon breath yet. Kora can, she has lightning, same as Mommy. What about you?” She asked. ”I have Fire.” Bethany said. “I hope I have fire! Then I can burn the bad heanta too!” She said giggling. Bethany smiled. “Who are you?” She said pointing at Aline. “Alicia don’t point.” Aline laughed. ”It’s fine. I’m Aline, I’m your Aunt’s friend.” Aline said. The girl nodded. “Okay!” She said.

”What’s all the commotion?” A voice asked. A tall figure stepped into the room, and Bethany nearly shot out of her chair at the sight of him. Markus stopped suddenly, staring at her. He looked so much like their father that Bethany wanted to run, but then he smiled sheepishly, his hand brushing the back of his head. ”Uh, hey. Welcome home.” He said. “Daddy!” Alicia screamed and charged across the room to hug him. She barraged him with questions about Bethany, who warily watched him. ”Girls, why don’t you go get a treat in the kitchen.” Variana said. Kora nodded. “Yes. Come on Alicia, I know where Nana hides the good tarts.” She said. Alicia squealed excitedly and ran out of the room. She came charging back in to and tackle huggled Bethany. “It was nice meeting you!” And then she was gone again.

An awkward silence followed, which Aline broke by introducing herself, which got a polite conversation rolling between Bethany and Markus. The sky began to darken, when Bethany finally stood. “I think it’s time to go.” She said. “Why don’t you and Aline stay, dear? You’re old room is still here. I redecorated it, but its almost the same.” Her Mother said. “It would give us more time to catch up properly. And you haven’t met my wife or son.” Bethany shook her head but Aline piped in. “That’s a great Idea. It’ll save us money on an inn.” Aline said. Bethany shot her a glare, but Aline ignored it. ”Ok. Sure. Aline will need her own room.” Bethany said. Variana frowned. “Oh, I thought.. Well never mind that’s not a problem.” She said.

And so, Bethany found herself staying in the one place she really didn’t want to be for the next few days. Over that time, she did meet Markus’ wife Tessa Tallus, a lovely woman, and his troubled son Darius. She did enjoy spending time with Alicia who was fascinated by her and Aline’s adventures when they were younger, and getting to know Kora, who was a level headed and extremely intelligent young woman. It was on her third day there, that her mother came to her with the idea of throwing a Gala to help raise money for the slaves they had freed in Karcenak, along with proceeds to donate to the Order of the sun. Bethany wanted no part of it, but the look on her mother’s face as she and Aline discussed it changed her mind. “You’ll be the guest of honor course. We’ll have to get you the finest dress possible.” She said. Bethany smiled at her mother’s joy. “I haven’t worn a dress in years. I don’t think it would suit me.” She said. “A suit then. Yes, I have one in mind. Oh, this is going to be so much fun.” She said. “Well, if we’re going to do this, I have a few people I’d like to invite.” She said. “Of course of course!” Her mother said, and Bethany had her Add Rex and Octavia to the guest list, along with a plus one.

The next few days passed in a flurry as invitations were sent, the ballroom was prepared and fittings took place. Bethany began to settle, and seeing her brother no longer caused spikes of fear to shoot through her. She also felt closer to Aline than she had in nearly forty years. The night of the Gala arrived, and the guests began streaming in. The majority were nobility and some high ranking officers of the military. Tessa’s sister Narissa, along with some other members of the Tallus family came, the Velerius, the Von Brevon, an off shoot of Rex’s Family, along with many others. Bethany, dressed in a fine suit with a red coat and white trousers found herself moving around the room with her Mother and Aline, meeting everyone who was deemed important. The she was met with polite hello’s, and did her best to hide her distaste for the noble fools who tried to curry favor with her or Aline.

She spotted Octavia arrive and extradited herself from a boring conversation with an asentari who’s family produced the majority of the wood used in Edia. “Excuse me, I need to go fall on a sw-” Aline elbowed her before she could finish, and they joined Octavia who wore a long white dress with no sleeves. The amber eyed asentari looked around nervously, her tail flicking beneath her dress. “Octavia, I’m glad you came!” Bethany said. “I’m not. Variana’s letter was insistent though.” She said, looking around. “Atleast I get to see you two again. Please tell me Rex is coming?” She asked. Bethany shrugged. “We can hope. How do you know my mother?” She asked. Octavia looked down. “I dated you’re nephew for a while.” Octavia whispered. Bethany sniggered. “I’m sorry I didn’t hear that.” Aline smiled. “Leave her be. It’s lovely to see you again Octavia.” She said as more guests streamed in. They talked, waiting for Rex to join them. Octavia kept looking around as if she was expecting someone else, too.

Last edited by Zenke on Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Octavia Velerius A-5 Asentari
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Umbra Moonfall A-5 Heanta
Koranna "Kora" Merciallus A-5 Asentari
Gwyneth "Gwyn" Ferrum Aurora A-5 Human
Mist, The Explosive Assassin A-5 Half-Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Experience : 2057

Resources
Resources: 26880

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Merciallus Gala(open, social) Empty Re: The Merciallus Gala(open, social)

Post by Orgoth Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:09 am

"Hmph. Functions like this are a waste of time." Armagand Kor paced in the entrance hall of the Kor family mansion, looking distinctly unimpressed with what he had been asked to do. A gala function was being held by the Merciallus estate in conjunction with Aline Drexara of Edaria. The purpose of the function was to raise funds to help the refugees that were rescued from Karcenak recently, with the excess being donated to the Order of the Sun. Both of which Armagand considered to be colossal wastes of time. His mother Nylara however, was quick to argue the virtues of attending such an event. "Nonsense, Armagand. This gala is a perfect opportunity to show the patriotism of the Kor family." She approached her son and straightened his purple and black robe. "Besides, there is more to be gained than you might think." She winked at him, before turning to look at the silver-haired young woman who had just entered the foyer. The young woman was wearing her customary black and brown combat attire, though it had been complemented with pink blossoms fixed on either side of her head. Nylara beamed proudly at Eliza Kor.

"Oh you look lovely, Eliza. Though I do wish you'd wear your dress for this occasion." Eliza gazed into her grandmother's eyes with a serious expression. "I'm am attending the gala as a representative of the Elite Guard, I must dress accordingly." Armagand huffed in derision. "Hmph. Pity you can't act like one." Nylara smiled. "Ignore your father, dear. I understand." Nylara turned to her son and gestured to the door. "Alright. If you are done pacing a trench into my floor, we can go now." Gerard the Butler held the door open for Nylara as she exited the building. "Enjoy your evening, my lady." Nylara nodded as she walked outside. Eliza was waiting for her father to leave, when he turned suddenly to face his daughter directly, causing her to flinch. He hissed at her in a threatening tone, low enough so his mother couldn't hear. "Now let me make one thing perfectly clear. You are here as a member of my Elite Guard, and as much as I despise admitting it, a Kor. You will behave accordingly. Embarrass us in any way tonight, and it will be the last thing you ever do. Do I make myself clear?" Eliza nodded without emotion. "Understood, sir."

Once they reached the Merciallus estate, the Kor family were swiftly admitted inside. The ballroom was already full of people from many places. Eliza stood stoically as Nylara immediately immersed herself in the delicate dance of the noble social scene, with a reluctant Armagand in tow. Eliza didn't really know what to do with herself for the moment, so she simply stood in the corner of the room and surveyed the scene. Nobles from almost every family were here in some capacity, and the sound of tactical conversation and surgical flattery caused a constant rumble to echo throughout the cavernous ballroom. Eliza decided to at least try and be someway productive, so she began to slowly patrol the room. She suddenly heard booming laughter, and looked across the room to where her father was obviously regaling some story or other. The nobles all laughed heartily, though much of the mirth was probably due to Armagand's size, rather than any actual amusement.

Another guest arrived to the party, and this time the rumble of conversation fell to a hushed murmur as the realization dawned on everybody that a Human had just entered the room. The Human, a male with a commanding but respectful presence looked around the room, a good-natured smile on his face. He looked to Eliza, who was the nearest person to him at the time. The man spoke with a firm but measured voice, the voice of a diplomat. Eliza did not have to think too long about who it may be. "Hello, young miss. I assume this is the Merciallus gala?" The man's blue eyes twinkled, and a slight breeze fluttered through his grey hair. Eliza nodded respectfully. The man returned the nod and smiled warmly. "Thank you miss." With that, he walked into the room towards the unmistakable figure of Aline Drexara, nodding and smiling to everyone in his path. There was no denying it. Odric Mantell, Knight-Commander of the Order of the Sun, was a remarkable man. Eliza watched him for a moment, before continuing her slow circuit of the room.

Odric approached Aline and her group of guests, bowing respectfully when Aline spotted him. "Greetings, Lady Aline. It is wonderful to see you again. It has been too long." The Human turned to the other two young women that were with the ruler of Edaria and offered them a polite bow and a genuine smile. "Hello my dears. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Odric Mantell. I represent the Order of the Sun. It is an honor to meet you." He then turned back to Aline. "I'm afraid I must open with an apology, Lady Aline. Kairi asked me to inform you that while she would have liked very much to be here for your gala, but she cannot make it. She sends her regards and well-wishes nonetheless. I tried to order her to take some time off and travel here with me, but she insisted in remaining behind to train the sudden influx of new recruits we have received since the Karcenak operation." Odric then smiled warmly. "Speaking of which, it is most kind of you to donate your time to raise funds for the rescued prisoners from Karcenak, my Lady."

Eliza found herself staring at a painting on the wall, a painting of a Dragon, perhaps the Dragon that the Merciallus' descended from. She stared for a moment, before she noticed a a presence beside her, staring at the same painting. Eliza struggled to contain her panic. "Mother? What are you doing? If Father notices you talking to me, you could be in danger." Narissa gave her daughter's hand a reassuring squeeze. "Relax, dear. Your father is busy telling stories of how he single-handedly defeated five-hundred men during the battle with Mondolin. How are you holding up?" Eliza relaxed and glanced at Narissa Tallus, her mother. "I'm fine mother. I just... would rather be with Titus and Grace right now, rather than here." Narissa nodded understandingly as she glanced back at her pride and joy. "I know, dear. Don't worry. Janus is a good lad and Titus likes him. He's minding the house while I'm here. He could make a fine husband for you some day you know." Eliza blushed and nudged her mother in embarrasment. "Mother! Not now!" Narissa chuckled. "I know, I'm just joking, dear."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Miral Nerys and Inara R-1 Eldross
Yavanna Elbereth E-1 Eldari
Armagand Kor A-5 Asentari
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Kanetsugu Nakamura A-5 Kijin
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Experience : 1808

Resources
Resources: 31640

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:46 pm

Rex had been extremely busy since he came back with the teachers and students. First thing after delivering his report was going back to his ancestral home. Then he started going through everything, working with one of his father's assistants. One that he was constantly either praising or berating. It was a strange relationship, and talking to the man was enlightening. Their relationship wasn't always so strained. Nothing that would redeem his father in his own eyes, but his father wasn't always a bad person. The bitterness from his grandfather certainly didn't help matters. Luckily, the place had gone through some redecorating. Not a lot, primarily new carpet where Rex saw the Primoris Rex literally split his dad's skull in two. But that was also going to change. He was working to redo the entire estate.

Rex had even met with Leon Braven (Br-AH-ven) and Kruger De von Breven and two of their children. Lucassius was the one that went with Kruger, and Sheila went with Leon. He tried to clear the air, but clearly there was still some reservations. And while Kruger and Leon was willing to give the benefit of the doubt, Luca was as hostile as ever. Sheila was a bit of a hard read. But he fully intended on looking into everyone's business. His own dealt with transportation with some standard armed guards if necessary, which only ever was in the hard to reach areas of the nation and borders. Even the relatively small time construction company he had planned on hiring for the job of tearing down and rebuilding the estate used them. He really didn't realize how big it was until he met with his father's assistant.

Rex did do a little bit of reading on the two side families. De von Breven was the political wing of the family, but had moved into banking swiftly once it became apparent the government system was changing. While modest compared to the big families, they dealt with those that the others didn't want to. Supposedly doing well by those that used them. But he'd have to see. Braven was the numbers family. They supported the other two, and had a good, if modest, mining and farming operation. They also owned a good fair few of saloons and brothels. A little sleazy, but he'd also met a few of their workers. By and large, they seemed to actually give a damn. But everyone was also tied to the main transportation business.

It was a lot to take in. Rex got the invitation by way of Sheila. Apparently a socialite. While he did smile at the invitation, glad that Beth was taking the steps to fix the rift in her own family, he couldn't go. He had far too much work to do. His father's assistant on the other hand, and Sheila, were having none of it. If he was going to take his place as head of the von Broven family, this was the best way to do it instead of a separate gala. Especially considering the goal of it.

Sheila was the one that did his clothes and hair. Rex had his standard noble white outfit, with gold highlights and accents. He had a half cloak that most other Broven nobles, and their side families, wore. The apprentice didn't know how, but his cousin had tamed his wavy, almost wild and curly hair into a nice straight style, and put into a short pony-tail. The clothes also seemed so much cleaner than they normally were. And his two tone blue eyes were extremely noticeable in any light.

Sheila herself wore her black hair straight, and had a modest, blue dress that went to her shins. It also made...her assets, more noticeable. Raising an eyebrow at it, she laughed and said something about men and their idiocy about breasts. Her own father, while slightly disapproving, admitted that she had long made a point about it working. They had allies, and a few enemies. Apparently Nylara Kor had tried something with his father before the incident, but nothing ever came after he was killed. Rex had frowned at the name. He knew it. If not for Armagand, then from his mother cursing the woman. The Praetors that put so much political pressure on Alura to promote Armagand were all in Nylara's pocket. He stated as much, and said that nobles still had too much power. They seemed to be in agreement about that, and agreed to watch her movements very carefully. She had to go if Rex was going to succeed his adopted mother.

~

Rex went in with Sheila hanging off his arm. While the De von Brevens often had yellow, green, or yellow-green eyes, the Bravens had a very light, lilac almost, shade of purple/blue color. They were traditionally lightning asentari. He had a few looks, and he scanned the room. Rex noted Armagand was here. Of all places, he didn't expect to see the giant. He'd heard he got into it with Octavia and Hargen. He also saw the Iron Bitch of the Elite Guard, Eliza Kor, by a painting with Narrissa Tallus. She wasn't in a dress or other noble clothes like he expected, but instead wore the dress uniform of the Elite Guard. Likely representing them, instead of her father. He'd heard some things that the young head didn't like. And far too similar to his own upbringing.

He soon found Beth with Octavia, Aline, and an unknown human. Humans were rare at galas, even more so if they weren't paid servants, but guests. Rex started to go over there, while Leon left to talk to a few of their allies, and maybe talk to Luca, who was stuffing his face. "So, I take it that's Aline Drexara and Bethany Merciallus?"

"Along with Octavia Velerius, a Sky Guard soldier. I'd forgotten she was a noble. Technically speaking at least...I believe her grandfather disowned her mother...but anyways, she's a friend. I don't know the human though." When they reached the small group, Rex smiled at Bethany. "So, how many swords have you felt like falling on today?" Hopefully, he'd get a good reply, one that would make both Asentari laugh.

"I know the feeling. By the way, I'm Sheila Braven. Rex didn't know you, sir." His escort swiftly introduced herself. Again, she was hard to read. But he too was curious as to who the human was. Once it was known, Rex's eyes widened.

"Ah, you're Kairi's superior. We've fought alongside each other...three, four times if you count the two fights with Karcenak and the Red Fang as separate. Did she make it back okay? She helped us with some bandit issues that we were using as practice and evaluation for some second year students. Sorry again for not sending some sort of notice or warning..."

Kronos Lohengrin. Asentari. R-1
Rory Bloomfield. Human. R-1
Aether Favonius. Human. A-3

Tohma Tomoshibi. Kijin. A-4
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Experience : 1473

Resources
Resources: 20460

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:11 am

The conversation in the hall fell to a hush again, as another Human walked in. Though younger looking than Knight-Commander, he still carried himself with a sense of confidence. The warmth in the young man's green eyes was evident, and he had on a striking white suit, with blue accents, that made his golden hair already more vibrant than it already was. Arthur Ferrum Aurora arrived, and looked around the hall, a small, but genuine smile on his face. He had been brought as a bodyguard to Knight-Commander Odric, though Arthur was surprised at the time that he had been chosen. He thought that Kairi, or Rowan would be a better fit, but when he asked Odric about it, he had told him that he had ordered Kairi to take some time off.  And Rowan was busy with other work. It was still strange for Arthur. Other than a few times, he and Odric had never really talked before. 

The young man spotted his superior, and calmly walked over to him. When he did, he bowed to all present, before introducing himself. "Hello. Nice to meet you all. I am Arthur Ferrum Aurora, a member of the Order of the Sun. I hope we get to know each other better before the end of this wonderful party." Arthur practically radiated kindness, and good-will at this point. He looked to Odric. "I hope I didn't interrupt you, Commander. The perimeter seems secure, from what I saw." He instinctively went to put a hand on Excalibur's hilt, before remembering that he had given the weapon up when he arrived. He hid it, by placing his hand on his hip. 

Arthur's outfit
The Merciallus Gala(open, social) Arthur17

Another man walked in at that point. Though, he was almost immediately recognizable as an Asentari, due to his Draconic Seal being on his chest, and reached up to his left cheek. His garb wasn't nearly as extravagant as the others at the function, but it was still more than good enough for what was going on. It was a black suit jacket, buttoned up to his pecs, leaving most of his Dracon Seal still visible. He matched with a pair of black suit pants, and he did have a bit of flair with a golden belt buckle, and a set of black, and red shoes, seemingly made of snake scales. He had a silver ring, and a leather band on his left hand  His silver grey hair, usually kept down, and messy, was tied up, in a rough ponytail. Siegfried felt....incredibly uncomfortable being here. He had been told by Bethany that an event like this was happening, but he was still surprised at how...upper class it was. 

He glanced around, obviously not full of the same confidence as the younger human, before heading towards where the food, and drinks were. Grabbing a glass of, what he assumed was wine, he sipped on it, sighing into glass at the same time. This was a battlefield beyond the young Asentari's scope. He hadn't been noble born. He had warrior parents, and while he had been trained in the military, they don't exactly prepare one for a party full of nobles, who would have you arrested for looking at them funny. He took another sip, and stayed near the table, trying to be as out of the way as possible.

Siegfried's outfit
The Merciallus Gala(open, social) Siegfr13

Tristan Bahamat - The Red Ranger - A-5
Merlin - The Magus of Flowers - A-4
Arthur Ferrum Aurora - The Knight of the Sunlit Sky - A-2
Siegfried des Sturm - The Stormdrake - A-2
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Experience : 1235

Resources
Resources: 14000

https://www.twitch.tv/grimm_ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:31 pm

Bethany was watching the crowd when a colossal man walked in beside a well dressed and refined woman. followed by a silver haired woman. A very good looking silver haired woman dressed in warrior regalia. The young woman split off from the others as the older one headed towards Bethany's mother. She looked at Octavia, who was also looking in their direction. "Do you know them?" She asked Octavia. The girl nodded. "The big one is Armagand Kor, Imperator of the elite guard. The older woman must be his mother, and the younger is Eliza. She's my training partner." Eliza Kor stopped by a painting of a large red dragon. Bethany opened her mouth to say more, when a hush fell over the room, and Odric Mantell entered.

Mantell spotted Aline and moved towards her. "Odric! I'm glad you made it." Aline said. Bethany smiled when he introduced himself. Octavia gave him a polite nod. "I'm surprised we haven't met before. I've spent more time in the hold's infirmary in recent weeks than I'd like to admit." Bethany said. "Odric, this is Bethany Merciallus. She's good friends with Kairi. We left Edia together many years ago and started Edaria. And this young lady is Octavia Velerius, one of the Asentari who helped rescue me from Karcenak." Aline said. Octavia bowed slightly. "Sir."

Odric explained that Kairi couldn't make it. Bethany chuckled. "Typical Kairi. Are you sure she's not busy with that handsome Eldari she brought back to the hold?" Bethany asked. "How is Rowan settling in? I owe the big bugger my life." Bethany asked. Odric thanked Aline for organizing the Gala but she shook her head. "Oh no, this is all thanks to Variana Merciallus. She oftered to host the Gala, and secured you're invitation. I only helped organise some of it." Aline said. As they talked Octavia tried to excuse herself, but halted as she realised Eliza had been joined by an older woman. As Eliza and the stranger spoke quietly, another pair of ladies joined them.

Tessa Merciallus greeted her sister brightly. "I'm glad you made it Narissa." She said. Kora greeted her aunt with a polite bow, then looked at the silver haired girl. "We haven't met, but you're familial resemblance must make you Eliza Kor?" Kora asked. Tessa looked over Eliza and then to Narissa. "This is little Eliza? I haven't seen you since you were born. You've grown into a lovely young lady." She said. "I'm Tessa Merciallus, your mothers younger and better looking sister." She said. "You're both of very similar features. It hard to judge who is actually better looking." Kora said and Tessa sighed. "How impertinent. Since you're so smart, why don't you go fetch us a drink." Tessa said. "Hmm. Very well, what would you like, Eliza? Aunt Narissa?" She asked. Once they had decided, Kora wondered off to get them what they wanted.

To Bethany's delight, she spotted Rex enter the ballroom, with an attractive young woman on his arm. When he spotted them he wondered over. Bethany chuckled at his question.  "Just one so far. Someone who's name I forgot was telling me all about his lumber operation. Fortunately Octavia arrived in time to save us." Bethany said. She looked over Rex's companion and smiled. The woman introduced herself. "And suddenly returning home was worth it. Its a pleasure to meet you Sheila Braven." Bethany said. Aline nodded.  "Indeed. I'm Aline Drexara. This is Bethany Merciallus. Forgive her, she forgets her manners sometimes. And this is Octavia Velerius." Octavia nodded. "How's the punishment going Rex? I'm sorry I don't hang around the staff room more. I spend my breaks with Saelie." Octavia said.

Another human entered the ballroom, his appearance causing another hush in conversation. He quickly joined them, and introduced himself. Aline opened her mouth to do introductions again but Bethany held up a finger. "I've got this." She said. Pointing to each person she went through the names. "Aline, Rex, Sheila, Octavia and I'm Bethany. Nice to meet you too." She said. "Well no one will ever accuse you of maintaining decorum." Aline said. Bethany laughed, but before she could reply she spotted Sieg over by the food table looking extremely uncomfortable. A pair of nobles descended on him clearly curious. Bethany spotted Kora walking by and waved her over.

"This is my Niece, Kora." Kora looked over their faces and gave a slight bow. "A pleasure." She said. Bethany pointed towards Siegfried. "See that large extremely out of place man? His name is Siegfried Des Sturms. Go rescue him for me, Please?" She asked Kora. "Very well. Its nice to meet you all. Especially you, Rex Von Broven." Kora walked off towards Sieg. "Clever Girl. I think she likes you Rex."

Kora approached Sieg and the two nobles who where politely conversing with him. Atleast it would seem polite, but they veiled several insults behind compliments and laughed with each other. Kora stepped up as one remarked that maintaining a company was all about numbers. "Don't be put off I'm sure you know nothing of numbers but I'll talk slowly so you can keep up." He said with a laugh. The other man laughed along with him. Kora cleared her throat and they looked at her. "Hello Seigfried De Sturms. I'm Kora Merciallus." She said. She nodded to the other two nobles, as she offered Sieg a handshake. As soon as he shook her hand she looked smiled. "Based on you're height and muscle to fat ratio, I'd guess you're capable of producing enough force to crush a skull with a single hand. I would not like to be caught insulting you." She looked at the nobles. Who started to slide away. "Wait, don't you want to hear the numbers? I can explain them slowly." The men quickly walked off and found something else to do."Bethany sent me to rescue you. If you feel out of place, I suggest joining her group and staying nearby. Standing alone singles you out for people like that."

Octavia listened quietly as the others talked, and looked up as a woman who bore some resemblance to Bethany joined them.  Variana Merciallus joined them and introduced herself, picking Odric from the group quickly. "You must be Odric Mantell. Lovely to meet you, I'm so glad you could make it. Now, I'm very sorry to interrupt but its almost time for the speech. I need to borrow Odric, Bethany and Aline." She said. She led them towards the far end of the ballroom, where a stage had been errected for the band. As they approached, the band stopped playing, and Variana led them onto the stage. She held up a tiny bell and twinkled it, the sound bouncing around the room and drawing everyone's attention. The room fell quiet in to listen.

Variana began to speak. "Welcome everyone. Thank you all so much for coming, and thank you all for the generous donations you have made towards this wondrous cause." Octavia was amazed at how well her voice was reaching them, loud and clearly from across the ballroom. "I would like to start by introducing the guests of honor so first please welcome Odric Mantell, the commander of the Order of the Sun. The Order is a beacon of hope, one who has constantly faught against the vilest of practices, slavery. That is why the proceeds raised here are going towards helping the Order, and the poor innocent people they recently rescued from Karcenak. We also have them to thank for helping rescuing our second guest of honor, Aline Drexara, the just and stalwart leader Of Edaria. One of our own, she built a haven of peace and prosperity in the freelands, for all who need a home."

Variana put her hand on Bethany's shoulder and pulled her close. "And finally, my Beloved daughter Bethany, who has after many years come home, returning a fine young Warrior. She has spent her years away helping those in need in the freelands. She helped Lady Aline defend Edaria in its infancy, she's battled heanta and the red fang, and fought bravely along side the order, not to mention Rex Von Broven and Octavia Velerius, to free Aline and the slaves." Variana said, pointing towards Octavia and Rex in the crowd. Faces turned to look at them, and Octavia tried to hide herself. "She is an inspirational woman, and I couldn't be prouder." Thankfully the attention returned to Variana. Bethany appeared to be extremely uncomfortable in front of the crowd, but Aline took her hand and smiled. She was a radiant woman, full of grace and calm. No wonder she was so loved in Edaria.

"Now, before I let you all return to your food and drinks, I think it right that Odric mantell share a few words with us." Variana stepped aside, letting Odric stand where she stood. Octavia looked around, spotting Eliza, and decided to Join her as the commander spoke.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:50 pm

Nylara Kor was in her element. Everywhere she went, she found at least one party susceptible to her subtle tendrils of influence, be it former soldiers who reveled in telling stories of their exploits as Armagand regaled his, or entrepeneurs with their own stories of financial success. Nylara treated them all with the deference and attention that they craved, and thus planting herself in the back of their minds, an infection settling in the host and feeding on them without them even noticing. Of course, there were many who were already infected, but Nylara would be remiss if she didn't maintain her work from time to time. She had been doing this for hundreds of years after all, a certain degree of mastery was expected. She watched her son as she listened to one such victim recount mind-numbing details about his lumber business venture. Armagand was standing with a group of ex-soldiers, loudly recounting another tale of his martial prowess. Nylara noted that information, before looking to the side of the room, where she spotted the messy silver bob of hair of her granddaughter staring at a painting. Eliza was then joined by another lady, with similarly striking silver hair. Eliza's mother, Narissa Tallus. Nylara smiled inwardly knowing that, as long as Armagand didn't catch wind of it, Eliza could be appeased and thus kept in her plans. Nylara returned her gaze to the lumber businessman, and gave the appropriate response to his speech. "Oh, how fascinating. Please, tell me more."

Armagand let out a bonechilling howl of laughter and womped the man beside him on the back. "You should have seen the look on the Human's face. I swear, he soiled his armor there and then." The massive man looked around at the group of nobles he was entertaining as they laughed heartily at his story. Perhaps a little too heartily, but it was unimportant. Armagand was used to weaklings like these bending over backwards to stay in his good books. He looked around the room when a hush swept over it, and saw the Human in ornate costume walk in. The man spoke to Eliza, who was standing by the door, before heading to where Drexara and two other women were standing. He glowered when he spotted Octavia Velerius, the runt who had dared defy him in the Eyrie when he went to find his good-for-nothing daughter a week ago. The Human began to talk with the group of women, and Armagand turned away in disgust. One of the nobles in his company piped up, and Armagand guessed he had seen what Armagand had been frowning at and said what he thought he was expected to say.

"I really don't understand why all the fuss about those Order people. It's not like they rescued our people from Karcenak." Armagand nodded savagely. "We should have crushed them into the ground when they got in our business. That pathetic Human kingdom would have been ours if they hadn't stuck their noses in. Worthless maggots, the lot of them." Armagand's entourage murmured in forced agreement, before a broad crooked smile spread across large man's face. "Of course there's Humans at a charity event, they need all the help they can get!" The group launched into raucous laughter as Armagand looked around beaming. It was then that he spotted his daughter, standing at the side of the room. He didn't care that the runt had chosen to stare at a painting rather than represent her unit properly, but the woman who had moved up beside her was what made his blood boil. That worthless Tallus bitch who failed to provide him with a worthy heir. He bridled with anger, before one of his group spoke. "Is everything alright, Imperator?" Armagand turned to the man face red. He was about to respond, before a hand touched him on the arm. He turned into the face of his mother Nylara. "There you are, son. I was just looking for you. We should take our seats, the opening speech is about to start." Armagand chanced another glance at his daughter, and saw that more people had joined her. More Talluses. Armagand trudged off after his mother, knowing that he could not start an incident right now. Not yet anyway.

Odric smiled broadly at the introduction of Bethany and the Asentari's subsequent addendum. "Indeed, I have heard many wonderful stories from Kairi about you. I am sorry I have not managed to make your acquaintance before today." Aline then explained that Bethany had helped Aline found Edaria. Odric looked at Bethany with polite reverence. "Is that so? A mighty achievement, dare I say. It is truly remarkable the work you have both done. Edaria is a bastion to people in the Free Lands and beyond. Outstanding. Truly." Aline then introduced Octavia, a member of the task force that Kairi led to rescue Aline from Karcenak. Odric smiled warmly and bowed respectfully. "Ah yes. Kairi has spoken very highly of you in her reports. It is an honor to meet you."

Once Odric had explained Kairi's absence, Bethany chuckled, making a quip about it being typical Kairi behavior, before asking about Rowan Aratris. Odric nodded with a grin. "You are not wrong there. Though I do wish she would take some time off soon. I can't remember the last time she even gave herself a single day off, never mind longer than that. Mister Aratris is a remarkable man. He is experienced and skilled to an unfathomable degree, not to mention that he is a supremely honorable and kind presence in the Hold." He then winked at Bethany mischievously. "Between me and you, Kairi could do worse." At that point, Aline then revealed that it was not actually her who had organized the gala, but Bethany's mother, Variana. Odric nodded in understanding. "Indeed? I will have to keep an eye out for her, so that I can thank her too."

The group was then approached by another two people, a young man and woman. The young man immediately spoke to Bethany, while the young woman introduced herself and Rex to Odric. Ocric smiled welcomingly. "Not at all, miss. I am Odric Mantell, Knight-Commander of the Order of the Sun." At this information, Rex suddenly looked at Odric with wide eyes. The young man launched into a recounting of his adventures with Kairi, before asking if she made it back to Hold safely after her their latest encounter in the forests near the border. Odric nodded. "Indeed she did. She told me all about what happened. Kairi was very complementary about you and your students. You should be very proud." At that, they were joined by Arthur Ferrum Aurora, who introduced himself to everyone with his customary warmth and charm, and then apologised for interrupting before informing Odric that the perimeter was secured. Odric nodded and smiled. "Understood. Now, at ease, my friend. We've made it here safely and now you're orders are to enjoy yourself."

Eliza turned when she and her mother were joined by two women, the older woman she recognised from other noble functions she had attended before, but the younger girl was new to her. Narissa turned to her sister and bowed her head. "Of course dear. Do you really think I'd miss a chance like this to prove that I dress better than my little sister?" The younger girl studied Eliza before addressing her directly, correctly deducing her identity due to her resemblence to Narissa. Eliza nodded, and Tessa suddenly looked from Narissa to Eliza, expressing surprise and admiration at her niece's appearance. Eliza reddened slightly beforenodding respectfully to the woman. "Thank you, Aunt Tessa." Tessa than introduced herself, causing Narissa to roll her eyes in mock exasperation. Kora noted dryly that it was impossible to decide who was actually the prettier one. Narissa winked and smiled at Kora. "Thank you Kora. You definitely get your brains from your father." Tessa responded by telling Kora to go and get them drinks, asking if Eliza and Narissa wanted something. Narissa responded coyly. "I'll have a rum. Double if you're buying." Eliza shook her head. "I'm okay, thank you." Their attention was soon drawn to the stage for the opening speeches.

Odric and the group were suddenly approached by a lady who resembled Bethany just enough that she must be related. Odric smiled when the lady introduced herself. "Ah, Lady Merciallus. I understand you are to thank for organizing this exquisite event." Variana then apologized to the group before ushering Odric away, informing him that it was almost time for the opening speeches. Odric nodded. "Of course, my Lady. Lead on." Odric nodded reassuringly to Arthur, in case the young man was worried, before following Variana. They ascended to the stage, and Variana commenced with her speech. She thanked everyone for attending and donating, before introducing Odric to the attendees. The Human bowed respectfully and smiled warmly.

Variana then continued, outlining the purpose of the fundraiser, before finally drawing her daughter onto the stage. She gushed about how proud she was of her daughter, and reiterating her achievemen. She mentioned the rescue of Aline, as well as the founding of Edaria. She finished by calling Odric forward to say some words. Odric nodded respectfully and offered a warm handshake to Variana before stepping forward to address the people. "Thank you, Lady Merciallus. I will keep my words brief, as I do not wish to keep you all from the rest of your nights too much longer. As Lady Merciallus so wonderfully and eloquently put it, the purpose of the Order is indeed to bring hope to all people. But not only that. We also represent an ideal that peace and co-operation can be achieved, on a worldwide scale. My very presence here is proof of concept. The idea of a Human setting foot in Eapara City without an armed escort was laughable as recently as two years ago." Odric looked to Aline and Bethany. "But now, thanks to the efforts of Edaria, and the two brilliant people that made her possible, we are now in a new age of optimism. For that, the Order is eternally grateful. Thank you." Odric bowed politely before stepping back from the stage, and everyone clapped.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:30 am

"If things haven't changed, I know exactly who you're talking about."

"They haven't, it's the same one, and he's so boring to boot, he'd make anyone fall asleep."

Rex simply smiled at Octavia. "It was just overseeing bandit purging, giving some of the more promising second year students some combat experience. Met Kairi along the way, so wasn't bad at all. Krad even made a new friend with one of Kiari's people!"

Shiela was next. "Ah stop, you're gonna make me blush!" The woman laughed it off, though her wink did show a bit of playfulness. Huh. Well, Rex wouldn't be against it...so long as Beth didn't mind a 60 something year old. Though he was still rooting for Aline and Bethany.

"The teachers deserve the credit. I just assist from time to time. Octavia volunteers too on occasion, for riding classes." While he still beamed at the compliment, he still was a little shy. Another human entered and reported, making his eyes roll. "We're in Upper Edia, Eapara at that. With the Oculi so close, hell four prominent members so far just in this room, no one is dumb enough to try something. I know you mean well, but do try to use your head a little more..."

"Oh, don't be so sensitive about it, it never hurts to be safe. Besides, I'm sure being out in the Freelands, they have to be careful." Rex gave his escort a sideways, playful glare. Seig apparently came in, and Beth had someone go rescue him, apparently her niece.

The young man rose an eyebrow at the comment before Kora went off to rescue Seig. Rex even sputtered at Beth's comment, making Sheila laugh. "I wouldn't be against it! So long as it was natural and consensual! For the record, the De von Breven and Braven holds no ill will towards the Merciallus for that, and any grudges died with Rex's father. If I'm reading into this right."

"You are." He still somewhat pouted like a child with puffed out cheeks. He then heard raucous laughter from Armagand. "Ugh...he never stays quiet...even worse, it was probably some degrading joke about humans. Sadly, he looks down on you guys. I sincerely hope one day he gets his due from one of you. Or better yet, a Red Fang scumbag..." Sheila seemed to have found the comment amusing, if her snort was anything to go by. "Speaking of, Octavia, I heard you got into with him. Care to shed some light on that?"

~

Luca watched as the hounds descended on the poor large man. Irritated, he was about to step in when Kora did so for him. "Listen to her. If you're outside of your comfort zone, stick to your friends." The short Asentari nodded at Kora before going back to his food.

~

Soon, Beth's mother came in and interrupted, more because of the speech was about to begin. Rex knew that Leon and Kruger was somewhere in the room. Much like everyone else, he listened to the speeches made. He stood tall and proud when Variana mentioned himself and Octavia. And confident as ever. Then it was Odric's turn, and attention was diverted to him.

"Not entirely accurate. A human outside of Edia on the other hand..." The mumble earned him an elbow from Sheila. He gave his escort and those around him a "what?" look. Assuming anyone else heard it too. He clapped with everyone else at the end of the speech.

~

Alura Wanderweich showed up in the middle of Variana's speech. It was incredibly rare that she would even make an appearance at such an event. If not for the purpose of it, and the guest of Odric Mantell, she probably wouldn't have shown up at all. The six foot four tall woman had chin length red hair that framed her face perfectly, and dark purple eyes. Shade was right behind her, a giant of a man not quite as tall as Armagand, seven feet, three inches tall. The dark haired man's single bull like horn made him stand out pretty easily, beyond his massive bulk. He wore a black version of Alura's uniform, with several medals of his own. Though not as many...assassins rarely get any medals. Only reason he had as many as he did was because he often joined Alura and fought beside her.

The Primoris Rex scanned the room during the speeches. Rex had one of his family members with him, along with Octavia, a large man, Kora, and a human, Arthur she believed. Looking around, her eyes narrowed at the sight of Armagand and his mother, both paying attention to the speeches. Moving on, her eyes settled on Eliza and her other family. Of course, she knew Eliza wasn't the social type. But based on her combat performance, discipline, the general opinion of her troops (stone cold, but effective and smart, someone they can rely on), and her own investigations, she had high hopes for the woman.

Although...Nylara was the problem. Considering Armagand being...Armagand, it wouldn't surprise her that the Kor elder was playing the doting grandmother, and became a beloved figure. If only she had something on the bitch that would turn the relationship the other way, and make Eliza see the rest of her Kor side for what they were. And that she was already far more worthy of being the Imperator than her father. At the very least, maybe a gentle push towards her apprentice might help. Rex knew the abuse personally, though he had much more physical in addition to some mental. But he was stronger than your average person. And was willing to abandon everything to become stronger.

She was proud of him, more so now that he was seeking to set things right with his other family members. Quietly and swiftly, after the end of the speeches, Alura moved towards the young Kor. Smiling at the other people around her when she was noticed, she continued towards her intended target. When she got there, Eliza was sure to notice her, and likely give the automatic response. Alura responded in kind with a salute. "Good evening dears. Eliza, as a word of advice, don't let opportunities like this go to waste. You have two comrades over there close to your age. I know you're training with one of them, but it would do some good to get to know them outside of work." After a nod towards Octavia and Rex, she also winked at Elize. "Don't worry, Rexy doesn't bite, and he's pretty easy to get along with."

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:11 am

Arthur nodded at each name, as the one, who he now knew as Bethany, rattled them off. "Nice names, one and all." He listened as they continued to converse, and Rex seemed to tell him off, for checking the perimeter. Arthur simply shrugged. "It's protocol. I would be ripped a new one for not doing it. Especially with my Commander here." He looked at Odric, before nodding. "Though, I think I will do as he commands, and start to enjoy myself. To be honest, this is the first time I've met any kind of Asentari. My younger brother, Nichol did, a fellow by the name of Krad, if I'm remembering right." 

Siegfired died a little on the inside, when two noble-looking men came towards him, obviously looking for prey. Sieg put down his drink, and listened to them, playing the gullible fool, not wanting to cause a scene. He simply smiled, and nodded at their obvious attempts to provoke him. Then, someone else joined the fray, and was surprised that they knew his name. "Merciallus? Related to Bethany, then?" He said, before she, correctly, stated that he could crush a skull in a single hand. He nodded. "Astute observation, Miss" Sieg said, picking up his drink again. As the nobles sidled away, Sieg nodded his appreciation. "Thanks. I'll follow you then." He thought about picking up a drink for Bethany, but then realized how stupid that was. Bethany probably had her own stash, somewhere. 

Arthur paused, as a new person walked over, and introduced herself as Variana Merciallus. As Odric was led away, Arthur said, "Good luck, Commander." And settled in to listen to the speech. He clapped at the end of both speeches, and settled back into conversation with the group that had formed around, though still keeping an eye on Odric. He wasn't about to let his guard down too much.

As Kora and Sieg made it back to the group, Sieg saw someone he did not expect to see ever again walk in. Alura Wanderweich, his former commander in the Oculi. He tried  to shrink down, and be smaller than he actually was, which was impossible, Sieg was one of the tallest people there. He did not want the Primoris to know that someone who had left the Oculi was here. He was knocked out of this, by Arthur asking him, "What is your name, friend? I don't want to just come up with a title off the top of my head." There was something about the young man, that seemingly calmed Sieg. "Siegfried des Sturm. I'm.....a friend of Bethany's. That's all I say about it." 

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:50 pm

Bethany laughed as Odric told her about the wonderful stories he'd heard from Kairi. "Don't worry about it. I met you're terrifyingly wonderful healer, Marie, and thats all the order I needed to experience." Odric agreed that Kairi pushed herself to much, and had plenty of praise for Rowan Aratris, before mentioning that Kairi could do worse. "I couldn't agree more. Lets hope they figure that out." Bethany said. Rex went over his punishment with Octavia, explaining that it hadn't been that bad.

"Good. I'm sure you've learned you lesson." She said with a slight smile. Rex chastised Arthur for being thorough and Bethany laughed. "Give him a break. Kairi would have done exactly the same." She chuckled. Rex became embarrassed at Bethany's comment about Kora, and Sheila chipped in her opinion before mentioning that the Bravon and De Von Breven didn't hold her actions against her. She grimaced slightly. "Sorry, can we not talk about that. It's a bit of a sore subject..."

Rex groaned as armagand laughed, and then asked Octavia about her encounter with the big man. Bethany examined Kor as Octavia explained things. "He came into the Eerie and started shouting at Eliza. It upset the Wyverns so I politely told him to shut his fat mouth." Octavia said. "How do you do that politely?" Bethany asked before Octavia continued. "You dont. He insulted me, and Hargan showed up in time to stop me doing something foolish. You should see the way he speaks to her. And she just stood there. I'd love to smack that stupid grin off his fuc-." Bethany's mother interupted and Octavia fell quiet.

Kora nodded at Siegfried's question. "Indeed. My aunt." She said. Siegfried implied that she was correct, of course she was, and when the nobles were Luca De Von Breven joined them, telling Siegfried to do much the same as she'd suggested. She liked Luca well enough, they often gave suggestions for books to each other, but they shared very different opinions of his cousin. Though she'd only met Rex a few times in passing, she found herself fascinated by him. She intended on speaking with him more later, since he probably had some very good stories about the freelands. Siegfried thanked her and she nodded politely. She prepared the drinks for her mother and aunt, before leading Sieg back towards the group.

Kora was about to continue on after reaching the group, when her grandmother started her speech. She noticed Siegfried trying to become smaller, and when She looked around the room she was surprised to spot the Primoris Rex and her Right hand join the crowd. She was curious about Siegfried's behavion around the Primoris Rex, but what made her frown was the rudeness shown by arriving in the middle of a speech. Kora quickly let the thought pass as the primoris Rex most likely meant nothing by it, returning her attention to the stage as Odric Mantell began his short speech. When he was done speaking, Her grandmother returned to the spot where the sound traveled best from due to the acoustic architecture of the room and gave some closing words before ushering the guests back to their revelry.

With the speech ended, she rejoined her mother, aunt and Eliza. She handed Aunt Narissa her drink first, then handed over the white wine to her mother. Kora looked at the alcohol with a frown. Tessa thanked Kora, then said, "Eliza, you fought in the first contact war. Maybe you can explain to Kora why the freelands are no place for a young lady who's sole interest is books?" Kora looked at her mother. "War is not the same as dealing with a few bandits Mother." She said. "Bandits, heanta, slavers. You seen what they did to Bethany's face. The freelands are dangerous." Tessa said sternly. The Primoris rex joined, which Kora seen as good fortune as she did not want to get into an argument with her mother. She greeted them, before focusing her attention on Eliza and telling her she should go enjoy herself with people her own age. "A brilliant idea. I'll go with you. You should come meet Bethany too." Kora suggested. Assuming Eliza agreed, Kora would lead her over to Rex and Octavia.

Bethany stepped down off the stage next to Aline, slightly flushed. "Ok I think its time to hit the drinks." Bethany said Variana joined them leading Odric. "That was a lovely speech Commander Mantell. Would you care for a drink? I've a few poeple you might find it worth meeting." There was a smash nearby, and Bethany looked towards it where Darius, dark eyed and angry, had staggered into a table slapped someone's hand away. "Get you're hands off me!" He shouted as he tried to right himself, and someone was attempted to help him. Bethany took a step towards the scene, but Variana stopped her. "I'll take care of him. Bethany would you be a dear and keep the commander company?" She asked. Bethany nodded and Variana headed off to calm her grandson down.

Bethany looked at Mantell. "So, drink? You're going to need one to survive." Bethany said. Aline nudged Bethany. "You're niece doesn't look very happy. Why don't you go talk to her. I'll keep Odric company. All the nobles will want to speak to you sir." Bethany found Kora standing in the middle of the ballrom along with Eliza Kor. She was staring daggers at her brother as he was lead away by Variana. "Alright. Save me a dance." Bethany said, before departing with a bow to Odric. She joined Kora and Eliza. "Kora, thanks for saving Sieg." Bethany said and started to move towards the rest of their group. Kora kept her voice steady.

"You're welcome. This is Eliza Kor, by the way. She's my cousin." Bethany looked at Eliza. "Hmm, you do look a bit like Tessa. I'm Bethany Merciallus. Nice to meet you." Bethany said. Octavia looked up as they joined their group."Hello Eliza.. I was in with Grace before I came. She's in great form. She played with Saelie for a bit." Octavia said to Eliza. Bethany nodded to Sieg. "I never expected you to actually come. Looking good, buddy. The suit suits you." She nodded to Arthur. "Aline's keeping Odric company, they're socializing with some important nobles. You're welcome to mingle with us. And don't worry, I just spotted the Primoris Rex over there with the second biggest man I've ever seen, so I'd say he's now very safe."

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:57 pm

Once the speeches were finished, Nylara's gaze was drawn by the signature disapproving grunt of her son. She applauded enthusiastically, while her son simply sat with his arms folded, as neutral an expressionas he could muster on his face. Nylara gave her son a nudge in the ribs, and he gave a couple of half-hearted claps as the applause from the rest of the room began to die down. Nylara scanned the room, before standing up and facing her son directly. When she spoke, it was calm but also left no doubt as to her authority. "I see one of my good friends in the Senate over there. Do try and behave yourself while I'm gone." Armagand nodded glumly, but remained seated. He decided that in the interest in appeasing his mother, he would just sit there and stew. Nylara smiled and straightened the hem of her dress before heading off to socialize. Armagand glanced over to where Eliza was, still talking to those Tallus women. He would have to have a word with her about that. About disobeying his commands. About disrespect. He looked over to where the Velerius runt was, and glowered. It was all her fault.

Odric smiled when Variana approached him and complimented him on his speech. "Thank you, my Lady. I had a very tough act to follow." She then offered him a drink, and he smiled warmly. "That would be lovely, my Lady. I have been looking forward to trying some of your people's wine for some time." There was then a bit of a ruckus, as a clearly drunk man collided with a table, before aggresively refusing help. Variana asked Bethany to stay with Odric, before excusing herself to go and deal with the disturbance. Odric looked at the scene, but was unconcerned. If anything, it proved that Humans and Asentari had more in common than was widely realized. He turned to Bethany when the woman offered him the drink, before Aline urged Bethany to go and help her niece, who seemed to be upset. Bethany nodded and excused herself before Aline gently directed him to some nobles who wished to make his acquaintance. One of them being a certain Nylara Kor.

Kora returned with the drinks and Eliza was then asked for her opinion on Kora's desire to go out adventuring in the Free Lands by Tessa, noting Eliza's experience in the First Contact conflict. Eliza shifted uncomfortably, not wanting to offend either lady. She settled for a balanced answer as she looked at Kora. "You are right that things are a little safer now than when we were fighting the Humans, and you should definitely try and learn as much as you can about the world. However, there are still dangers out there, and you would be ill-advised to travel alone." They were then joined by the Primoris Rex, and her enormous bodyguard Shade. Eliza suddenly straightened up and saluted Alura, and her salute was returned. Alura greeted them all, before turning to Eliza and offering her some advice about getting to know some more people in her age group, gesturing to where Octavia and Rex von Borven were standing. She offered that Rex was easy enough to get along with. Eliza averted her gaze for a moment before straightening up again and nodding. "As you wish, sir." Kora then piped up and offered to bring Eliza over to them. Narissa smiled warmly and gave her daughter's hand a quick squeeze. "Don't worry my darling. You'll be fine." Eliza nodded and excused herself before following Kora.

They were halfway across the room when the drunken man kicked up a fuss. Eliza recognized him as Darius Merciallus. Darius had been in the academy when Eliza attended, and she fought alongside him during the First Contact conflict. Something had happened to him during the battle, and he was not the same afterwards. Eliza gripped the handle of her spatha at her hip and took a step forward, before Variana rushed across to deal with him. Eliza sighed and released her grip on her weapon. She turned and noted that Kora was extremely unhappy with her brother's conduct, staring coldly after him as he was escorted out. Before Eliza could try and help her cousin, they were joined by Bethany Merciallus. Bethany thanked Kora for rescuing somebody, before the younger Merciallus introduced Eliza. Bethany greeted the silver-haired Asentari, noting her resemblance to Tessa. Eliza nodded a little sheepishly. "Nice to meet you too, Miss Merciallus."

Eliza, Bethany and Kora made it to Octavia and Rex's group, and Octavia immediately greeted Eliza warmly. She told Eliza that she had checked in at the Eyrie before coming to the gala, and that Grace had been in good spirits. The simple thought of her beloved Kelari was enough to put Eliza at ease. At least, more ease than she had been to that point. Eliza nodded politely to the white-suited Human who had arrived after Odric, with a slightly awkward half-smile on her face. "Hello, sir. I am Eliza Kor of the Oculi Draconis." She then turned to the large Asentari who was with them, and nodded to him. "Hello." Eliza subtly and semi-consciously moved a half-step closer to Octavia. If she was going to endure this gala, at least she could endure it with someone who was as uncomfortable as she was.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:14 am

"I doubt that, on both of those...Kairi doesn't seem like the paranoid type..." And surely Odric would have more faith in an inherently more protective and perhaps paranoid people, especially their capital. Still, he let it go at that. "I see. I apologize, Ms. Merciallus." Sheila, for her part, became slightly sheepish and apologized to Beth. "You're remembering it right. The two got along pretty well. Krad's my little brother figure, and saw it myself. They made quite the pair. Nichol mentioned a doting brother, I take it that's you? Pardon my nosiness, but why the different surnames?" Between appearance, fighting styles being more support than hardcore, similar heights and builds, and their own quiet nature, they seemed like natural friends. Though the different surnames was a curious thing among the brothers.

Rex couldn't hide his amusement. That sounded very familiar. After Bethany's mother left and snagged Beth and Odric, he added a few comments just before the speeches started. "Trust me, most of the upper echelon of the Oculi wants to. I think Alura just wants to annoy him to death and make him quit. Less messy that way..." Then the speeches started, and Sieg joined them.

And soon after, a commotion occurred. Darius. Instead of the glares, he gave the man a more sympathetic look. Things soon shifted to introductions of one Eliza Kor. He knew the name. While he had a poor opinion of her father and grandmother, he didn't know much of her. So he just kind of watched her, nodding and giving her a charming smile. "I'm Sheila Braven. And this is Rex von Broven. I'm sure you two have met."

"We have not, actually, or it was in passing. Though I'm sure we're aware of each other's positions. Although...who knew that the Iron Fist of the Elite Guard could act and be kinda cute. It's actually rather surprising. Pleasantly so." If not by looks, certainly by behavior. Of course, he'd heard the less flattering nickname given to her, though sometimes the delivery made it seem more of a compliment at times.

~

Alura watched the two women go after some reassurance. Was Eliza that socially inept? That wasn't a good sign. Though Rex had long cracked Krad, a cold as ice student. But she had more important questions for the Tallus woman. "Narissa, I hope you're proud of your daughter there. She's quite the young woman. I'd even go as far as saying that she's already more worthy of the imperator title than her father is, and hope that is the title she will have when Rexy succeeds me. That being said, I also worry about those in my order with connections to cancer. Do you know of her opinion on her grandmother, Nylara?"

Looking back at Rex, Octavia, and the large man that also spotted her and seemed to suddenly turn sheepish...oh, now she recognized him. Siegfried des Sturm. Former Oculi. Unlike Kronos, he left peacefully. Aside from not telling them. Luckily she was able to get him a pardon. So they were square. She paid attention Narissa, hoping to glean whatever information she could about the elder Kor...

~

Leon had been reassuring allies. Having seen the differences already, and the different approaches, he was cautiously optimistic about his young nephew. He had kept an eye on who Rex had been socializing with, as was Kruger, who was working over a senator. The one from their district, not the one well known to be friends with Nylara. He had also let them know of Rex's distaste of the elder Kor. While many of them also had lackluster opinions of her, they knew she was a dangerous enemy. But could be fully behind them if they knew it was possible to break her hold. And if they could profit from it, the better.

After the speeches, Aline Drexara seemed to be Oldric's escort. After some more brief chit chat and information sharing, they went their separate ways. Leon Braven heading towards Aline and the Order's leader. While his own mining and farming operations weren't large enough to establish any kind of real trade between the two, he might be able to get some friends on the outside as well. Kruger seemed to have much of the same in mind, though his eyes were elsewhere. Following his relative's gaze, it was at Nylara, talking to one of her own senators. And then they too were heading towards the guests of the day. Leon was significantly closer.

"Hello Lady Drexara, Knight-Commander Mantell. I'm Leon Braven. Looks like my relative is also coming here to join us, Kruger De von Breven. We're offshoots of the von Broven noble family. I do have a bit of warning on one our soon to be guests. Nylara Kor is...I guess the best word for it is cancer. So do be careful when she and her pet gets here." Well, one of her many pets.

"Good evening, Lady Drexara, Knight-Commander Mantell. I hope Leon hasn't bored you of his mining or farming operations yet..." Kruger gave them a cover to work with, chuckling a bit. Leon sniffed in feigned injury...

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:13 am

Arthur's grin dropped, if only for a second, with Rex's question about his, and Nichol's last names being different. He scratched the back of his head sheepishly, as he said "Well. about that......Me and Nichol are half-brothers. He didn't know my family when I first met him. As to why he doesn't change his last name, you'll have to ask him about it, unfortunately. I've let him know that he was more than welcome to." Arthur listened, as they talked about Armagand, taking quiet notes in his head. He looked as a commotion occurred, as a seemingly drunk man ran into a table, and yelled away help. "Seems we have more in common then we think." He said to no one. 

Siegfried put his hand on his chin, when everyone started talking about Armagand. Sieg remembered the drills he used to give, back when Sieg was a member of the Elite Guard. He shook this out of his head, as Bethany approached. Sieg looked down at his outfit, when she mentioned it. "It was a last minute thing. I mostly got it for comfort. I don't own such fancy garb as you, Lady Merciallus." Sieg said, teasing Bethany. "It was good to hear from you again, honestly. It had been a while since I've been around people." Sieg nodded at Eliza, when she said hello. "Back at you." 

Arthur chuckled at what Bethany told him. "I'm not too worried about him. But I will take that offer to mingle. I got a good feeling about you all, for some reason." Arthur put up his hand in a little wave, when Eliza introduced herself. "In case you missed it, my name is Arthur Ferrum Aurora. Please, do not use the whole thing. It's quite a mouthful."

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:04 pm

Aline lead Odric to get his drink first, since he had been offered one twice only to have the person who did so run away to attend something else. "Apologies. Things in Bethany's family are a little complicated. I also thought She might enjoy spending time with fiends more than following us two around and chatting to nobles." Aline said. They strolled through the Gala, stopping to great various nobles who wanted to ask the commander a question or give a compliment to Aline. As they moved on, they were approached by a man who introduced himself as Leon Braven. Aline smiled, introducing the commander. "Leon are you Rex's Uncle? Cousin?" She asked. "He's a great young man. I really appreciate his help in my rescue." Aline said.

Then Leon jumped straight into a warning about Nylara Kor. Aline's smile only flickered for a second at the words he used. It made her more wary of him than the woman he was slandering, but she still tucked away the warning. She was well familiar with the games nobles played, and knew that this was just another one, and she was well prepared for it. "Please don't worry, I might not be nobleborn but I've navigated plenty of noble battlefields. Odric is in safe hands from anyone who wished to exploit him." She smiled but there was enough warning in her voice to know she didn't just mean Nylara. Another man joined them with a polite greating. "Lovely to meet you Kruger. Thank you both for the donations. The order is changing so many lives for the better."

Tessa watched her daughter and niece go, and sighed. "She's a handful. Sorry I put Eliza on the spot, I just don't want Kora to end up like her brother or worse." Tessa said. The Primoris Rex asked Narissa about Eliza's and the detestable Kor matriarch's relationship, and it seemed that she implied that she didn't fully trust Eliza because of it. Tessa watched her older sister, ready to back her up should it be needed.

"Mmhmm. Just be careful what you say to Eliza. I don't know why, but she respects her father far more than he deserves." Octavia looked over towards a commotion and felt a surge of worry for Darius. Eliza and his sister Kora joined them along with Bethany, and Octavia was going to ask after him, but she didn't think it would help for her to get involved. Eliza moved to stand beside Octavia, as Bethany chatted with Siegfried and Arthur. "If you want to get stabbed keep that up." Bethany joked. Kora looked rather alarmed by it, but Bethany laughed it off. "Good, becuase I'd rather not endure affairs like this without a good drinking buddy around."

Rex introduced himself to Eliza, noting that she was rather cute. Kora looked between the pair, wondering how someone with the moniker "The Iron Blossum" would take such a sudden compliment. Arthur mentioned that he was not worried about the commander, accepted the offer to mingle with them. "Hey likewise. A friend of Kairi's is a friend of mine.." Arthur introduced himself to Eliza, and Kora looked up in interest.  "Ferrum Aurora, as in the noble house of Mondolin?" Kora asked.  "Did you know that many of the noble houses of Edia can be traced back to those of Mondolin? when Humans entered Edia, nobles who had split from their houses or who had left to find new land because they were second or third children lead the way. The nobility governed these lands for many years before the senate was finally established." Kora finished.

Octavia blinked a few times and Bethany chuckled. "I don't think anyone but you knew that, Kora." She looked at Arthur and smiled.  "You do have a look about you. You fit in here better than me or this lump do." She said, elbowing Sieg.  "At least you don't look as uncomfortable as I feel." Bethany snorted.  "That, is because I'm not sober. Speaking of, why don't we head towards that table full of resfreshments. Eliza, you look parched. You too Kora." Kora looked around unsure. "No, I think I will pass. My brother's made enough of a show of this family tonight. I would like to meet Commander Mantell properly. I don't suppose you'd introduce me, Arthur?" Kora asked him.

Octavia shook her head too. "I think I need some fresh air." She said. "There's a courtyard garden off to the side of the ballroom. I can show you to it if you'd like?" Kora offered. Octavia looked at the girl and nodded. "Thanks. Eliza, want to come with me?" She asked. Bethany smiled. "Enjoy." She said, waiting to see what everyone else wanted to do before moving towards the drinks.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:28 am

After Aline supplied him with the drink he had been promised, Odric smiled and waved away the apology from Aline about what had just happened. "Not at all, Lady Aline. You can't be expected to control everything. I'm just glad no one was hurt." He looked to where Bethany was talking to her friends across the room and nodded in agreement. "Indeed. It is her night, after all." She began to lead Odric through the throng of nobles and well-wishers, all of whom greeted and thanked Odric with varying degrees of sincerity. He didn't mind that some were not as honest as they would like to have appeared. As he had discovered over the course of his long and distinguished career as a commander and diplomat, it was impossible to please everyone. But at least they made the effort to at least appear supportive. Odric greeted them all warmly and enthusiastically, taking the opportunity to learn everything he could about the Asentari nobility. No Human from outside Edia had received an invitation to an event up here, so he felt honored and blessed to have the privilege.

Odric and Aline were then intercepted by a noble, who identified himself as Leon Braven. He greeted the two of them cordially, and Odric returned the courtesy with a polite bow. "A pleasure to meet you, Master Braven." The noble noted one of his relatives was approaching, before offering a sinister warning about one of the nobles in the group they were about to encounter, one Nylara Kor. Odric had not a successful career for himself by being naive, and he could read between the lines of what the man told him. He surmised that Nylara and Leon were just players in the great game of the nobility, and he was trying to get a headstart on his rival. The nobility in Mondolin had similar traits, but Odric had little experience with that aspect of the social structure of that kingdom. Despite his conclusions, Odric decided it was not his place to stir up trouble in a foreign land, so he simply nodded and smiled. "Thank you for your advice, Master Braven. Your concerns are noted." Aline took a decidedly firmer stance, stating her experience with such things and placing particular emphasis on her ability to protect Odric from any such threats. It was a veiled but firm statement of intent from the ruler of Edaria. Leon's relative soon arrived and introduced himself, and Aline immediately reverted to a more welcoming stance. Odric nodded in agreement with Aline's show of appreciation. "Indeed. The charity of yourselves and your people is most welcoming, and sends the world a very important message of hope."

Meanwhile, some odd meters away, Nylara Kor regarded the two Von Broven relations out of the corner of her eye. She would not need too many guesses to figure out what they were probably talking to the Commander and Aline Drexara about. Leon Braven had fancied himself as a player of the game like her, but she had centuries of experience, centuries to perfect her skills. She smiled inwardly with satisfaction. If they thought she was going to target the Commander or Drexara, more power to them. What Braven didn't realize was that Nylara didn't care about Mantell or the Order. That was all outside her scope. Nylara only cared about her own standing in the noble circles. She didn't care about power or control of the government. For her, it was all about the game. Even her own family were just pawns in her game. She gazed at her son, who had left his chair and was now having an animated discussion with the lumber-peddling noble, no doubt about how good the wood served as weapon components. Armagand was a useful if blunt tool, while Eliza could be an even greater asset once Nylara nurtured her more. For that to work, she knew she would have to get rid of Armagand eventually. But it was not the time yet. Eliza was not ready, so Armagand would suffice for now. For the moment, she watched their group approach her group, and wondered what approach the Braven or De Von Brevens or Von Brovens, or whatever they called themselves, would do.

Narissa smiled warmly at the Primoris Rex when she spoke, immensely proud that the woman thought so highly of Eliza. She nodded in agreement with Alura's appraisal. "I know, and I have told her in the past that she should be pushing for a promotion. But she has... reasons for not doing so, and there's not much I can do to help that." She cast a baleful gaze at Armagand Kor, the man who had impregnated her for the sole purpose of making an heir, before trying to cast aside the daughter they produced and reneging on his family's agreement to support the Talluses on grounds that were essentially drakeshit. The Primoris then asked about Eliza's relationship with her grandmother Nylara Kor. Narissa frowned and stroked her chin. "Well, I'm not sure where that comes from, I've always gotten well with her. She's actually the one who set up Eliza with a way to visit me regularly. She's also able to control that... man... so that is a success in my eyes." Her expression softened slightly as she eyed the Primoris. "Eliza cares for her a lot, and she does seem to be decent people. Now don't get me wrong, I know the game and I know people in these circles almost always have ulterior motives, but as long as my Eliza is being looked after, I can let that slide." She then cast a smirk at her sister. "Even you too, sis. Don't think I haven't noticed you eyeing my dress to see if it will fit you."

Eliza stood stoically beside Octavia as Bethany, Arthur and Siegfried joked around. Her attention was then diverted when Sheila introduced herself and Rex to her. Eliza nodded respectfully to both of them, curious why Rex was studying her so intently, before he noted that they had not actually met properly before. She nodded again. "This is true. The Primoris Rex speaks very highly of you Mister Von Broven." Rex then blindsided her with a comment on her apparent cuteness, asking how the "Iron Fist of the Elite Guard" could be and act cute, and telling her that it was a pleasant surprise. Eliza raised an eyebrow, before glancing at Octavia in slight confusion. "Um... thank you." She said nothing more, re-establishing her neutral stance and expression. Despite the slight hesitation, she decided that her moniker was safe for the moment.

When Arthur had introduced himself to Eliza, Kora took the opportunity to show off her knowledge of the noble houses of Mondolin, and Eliza found herself highly impressed at the young woman's intelligence. Bethany poked a littel fun at Kora, before noting that Arthur certainly fit the profile of a noble. Octavia then expressed her own discomfort in contrast, and Eliza glanced at her with great empathy. Eliza had been forced to attend functions and events a good bit in her career, allowing her to learn tricks and tips for dealing with them. Octavia probably didn't have that experience, being the only one likely to enjoy these things even less than Eliza herself. Bethany then suggested moving towards the refreshments table, asking Eliza if she wanted a drink. The silver-haired woman shook her head politely. "I am fine, thank you." Kora also declined, not wanting to share the same fate as her brother, before asking Arthur if he could introduce her to Commander Mantell.

Octavia then said what Eliza had been thinking, that she needed some air. Kora offered to show her to a secluded courtyard garden, and Octavia accepted, asking Eliza if she wanted to go with her. Eliza nodded. "Good idea." Bethany then bid them farewell as they followed Kora to the garden, which was currently deserted. Their passage didn't go unnoticed, as Armagand stared a hole through all three women from across the room. He was beginning to shake with anger, and the group he had been talking to began to back away slowly. Nylara spotted her son, before turning to see what he was looking at. She made a mental note before turning back to her group. Meanwhile, Eliza looked around the garden and took deep breaths of fresh air and turned to Kora in appreciation. "This is nice. Thanks Kora." She then glanced at Octavia with a small smile. "I see I'm not the only one who was having a bad time."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:39 am

Leon was amused by Aline. "Perhaps. But were they as vicious as ours'? However, I'll stand back and observe...I'm just concerned for our young head's friend in you is all..." Leon attempted to make it seem like he was just concerned. But he just made himself look like a condescending ass. Odric was more diplomatic at least. Kruger was also a bit more diplomatic. "The world? Pretty sure the world is ignorant of this continent. Just as we are of the rest of the world. But perhaps this event can show that we're not all bad. And that we do have a heart, and not just for our own." Kruger looked at his second cousin, who had drifted his gaze towards someone with a raised eyebrow. "I would have thought she would have been here earlier..." Following the gaze, it was towards the Primoris Rex, talking to the Tallus women. "The Primoris Rex title comes with many responsibilities. I'm sure she was just held up by a matter or three. Rex might be able to elaborate. Anyways, before you leave, you have got to try a little place in the outskirts by the Head Family's estate if you like fish. It might be good to talk with Rex outside of this kind of setting anyways. Do enjoy the party." Kruger dragged his relative away with a...meaningful look. "I'm more experienced at that than you are. Aside from going overboard, I'm not so sure if you really understand Nylara..."

~

Alura listened to Narissa speak. Frowning, she also followed the gaze towards Armagand. So, he's made her fear for asking for something she most likely deserved. Well, he wasn't the only one that can promote people. The other woman continued on. Upon finishing, Alura spoke. "When the civilian government interferes with an internal military affair, it usually does so for the worst. When it so unusually benefits a certain party one-sidedly, something is off. And then considering who it was being who he is...yeah. I'm not so convinced of her decency, particularly given how her son turned out. That said, I don't blame you...I would even go so far as to say that I would do the same with Rexy, despite my short time with him. What I dislike is the situation that resulted in the promotion of a man that I deem unworthy to a title. Unfortunately all I have is suspicion. Which if true, I'd like very much not to get Eliza caught in the crossfire.

Do know that Armagand is not the only one that can do promotions. I've been looking more into the future of the Oculi and the general military itself, even talking with the Legatus a lot. I'll do some more digging on Eliza's accomplishments. If I see merit there, she'll get one before an upcoming operation. And I've no doubts that she will distinguish herself even more."

~

So the dynamics were more complicated than typical. Perhaps that was why Nichol was so quiet...even if it did mean that he and Krad bonded fairly quickly. "I see." It could be a form of identity. But that was his own personal opinion. Octavia had mentioned the warning, earning a nod. Eliza seemed...slightly perplexed at his comment and gone quiet after thanking him for it. Kora spouted off something that most noble born children knew. Or so he thought...Beth apparently didn't. "Hardly true, Beth. I thought most noble born knew that. My...donor lectured how we'd lost our way when we went towards a more democratic way of rule and how much power the nobility lost. Personally I thought that a good thing, and that they still have too much power...but that's perhaps mine and the Primoris Rex's opinion..."

Octavia mentioned wanting some air. "I could use some too, and I haven't been here as long. Say close to Beth and Arthur, Seig, and you'll be fine. And don't worry so much about Alura. She's mostly here for Aline and Commander Mantell." He noticed the brief look of fear.

"I'll check in with my father and Kruger...dad must have done something stupid or overboard to have Kruger lecture him again...oh, and Silas is supposed to be here, if you see him, do send him towards Luca. Especially if you see him leaving here with some poor girl..." Rex had to think a bit to try to remember what Silas looked like. Silver hair, heterochromatic eyes, Luca's older brother and heir to the De von Breven, and very much a womanizer. Nodding he went with Octavia, Eliza, and Kora.

Eliza seemed to relax a little and spoke to Octavia, thanking Kora. "I didn't want to be here either. Sheila and Leon practically dragged me here, thinking this would be the best way to say that I'm taking my place as Head of von Broven family. I'm going to have to go back in there and start talking to the others. I may have been dragged to functions like these in the past, but my role was significantly different than this. I do hope we can talk outside of this setting, Eliza..." He had a very bad feeling in his gut when he walked out with the three...

~

After some idle chit chat with the Talluses, Alura moved on. When she noticed Armagand fuming, and followed his gaze. She soon turned to Shade, who nodded and quiet as a mouse, moved off and to the side. If things got violent, she had insurance in place. Not many can stand against Armagand's strength and sheer bulk. Shade was about the next closest.

She moved towards Aline and Oldric. The Primoris Rex needed to let Oldric, and Aline for that matter, of the operation to take place soon.

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:41 am

Sieg shrugged, with a small smile on his face. "You threaten to stab me almost every time we meet. At this point, it seems a normal thing." He shook his head at Beth's second comment. "I don't intend to get sloshed here, Beth." Sieg listened as they talked to Arthur, sipping on his drink, until Beth elbowed him in the stomach. He pretended to have a hurt expression. "Ouch. You really did stab me." When some of them mentioned air, Sieg shook his head. "I'm fine. I'll go with Beth for another drink." Sieg followed Beth to the drinks table, before looking at her closely. "You seem to be happier than usual. This place seems to calm you down, if anything. Even if neither of us are noble enough for some of these people." After Beth talked, Sieg would look back at where the others walked out. "I don't why, but I feel like someone should go check on those kids. I got a bad feeling about this....." Putting his drink down, Sieg started to walk out.

Arthur nodded at Kora's question. "Yes. though, we aren't as "noble" as we used to be, I think." Arthur seemed surprised about what Kora had said after, and Rex said something about it being common knowledge. "You'd think more people would know, but I guarantee that most of the nobles in Mondolin don't. This is the first time I've heard about it. Maybe my older brother, Gawain would, but I'm not sure about that either." Arthur's face lit up, when Kora asked to be introduced to Odric. "Absolutely. We can go now, if you like." However, they started talking about going out, to get some air. "I'll come along as well." Arthur followed them out, and listened to them talk, before noticing that Odric was free. He walked up, and grabbed Kora's hand. "The Commander's free. Now would be the best time to introduce yourself." He led her towards the Commander, without any fear.

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:57 pm

Tessa listened with a frown on her face as Armagand was brought up. She snorted as Narissa called him a man. "I think you mean backstabbing Buffoon, sister." She said with a glare in his direction. Never mind that he'd sullied her sister and drove their father to the grave through stress, she had been deprived of a niece because of him. She rolled her eyes as Narissa commented on Tessa wanting her dress. "You know it would fit me much better. And I've had three children." She said with a playful smile.

Rex pointed out to Kora that most noble children knew their history, but Arthur corrected him as he didn't. Bethany smiled and let the kids discuss who knew what, and exchanged some idle banter with Sieg before the group split up. Sieg joined Bethany at the drinks table. He told her she seemed happier and calmer and Bethany shrugged. "Just enjoying taking a break from getting my ass handed to me repeatedly. I've had a hell of a few months Sieg. First some tramp blinds me, then another one blind sides me. Then I break my arm falling off a horse and get slapped about by a man about you're size." She chuckled. "I'm starting to wonder if I'm cut out for the mercenary life anymore. I think.." She gazed towards Aline. "I want to settle down. Might be forty years too late though." She snorted. Sieg mentioned a bad feeling, and she nodded. She trusted his instincts as much as her own, and joined him as they meandered towards the garden.

Kora showed them outside and Eliza thanked her. Octavia took a deep breath and nodded. "It's lovely out here. I don't suppose you could go one better and bring me to a Wyvern?" Octavia asked. Kora smiled. "Our two Wyverns live in the Eerie. I'm sure you have met them plenty of times." Octavia nodded. "Oh well, worth a shot." Octavia looked at Rex and Eliza, the latter of which asked if she wasn't having a good time either. "I've never lived this life. I only came becuase Bethany and Aline asked, and then I'm not really sure why. They barely know me." Kora cleared her throat. "You and Rex helped save Aline's life. Of course they are going to invite you. And I think they really appreciate it that you both showed up, even if its for other reasons or you didn't want to come." Octavia listened then nodded. "Well, if it makes them happy." She said. Arthur told Kora the commander was free, before taking her hand and leading her out the door.

Octavia turned to the others. "I've changed my mind. I'm going to go grab a drink. I will be right back though." Octavia said, and walked towards the door. As she entered through the door, a hand grabbed her arm and spun her to face its owner, her grandfather. "What the hell do you think you are doing here, you halfbreed cunt?" Octavia tried to pull from his grip but he tightened it. "Leave me alone." She snapped. "Fancy yourself a noble? Walking among them, getting thanked by them with My name. Sullying it. Its a travesty you didn't die with your whore of a mother." His words were slurred from drink, the glass in his hand shaking violently as he spat his venom.

Octavia felt a surge of rage. "You want to talk about Filth? You didn't even go to her funeral, you black hearted bastard." She ripped her arm free and grabbed the drink from his hand, splashing it in his face. Astus Velerius' face turned red, and he backhanded her across the face.

Aline smiled raising her chin, revealing a pale thin scar across her throat. "Vicious? Well, none of the nobles in the freelands or Mondolin have attempted to slit my throat for falling in love, so I don't think they're quite as vicious, but they are motivated by much the same as nobles everywhere. Wealth, power and recognition. I do appreciate you're concern though." Let him stew on that. Odric mentioned that the asentari's charity sent a message of hope to the world, and Kruger doubted it meant much to the world outside Ka'lesa. "Assuming anything is even out there. But the world that we do know of will recognize the Asentari's generosity." The topic changed to the Primoris Rex, and then Kruger mentioned about a place that served fish. "That sounds' delightful. Living by the sea has given me a fondness for good fish." She said.

The pair retreated and Aline sighed. Kruger seemed a decent man, but she wasn't sure what to think of Leon. "Apologies, I don't know if I handled that as well as I should have." She said, looking after the pair. "I will admit while we're alone, I feel a little uncomfortable here. Bethany isn't the only one with bad memories." She said. Aline spotted Arthur and Kora coming towards them, but they were stopped as they entered the room and a man began speaking to Kora. "I think a young lady who would love to meet you is on her way over with you're bodyguard. Shall we take a little break from greeting nobles, and head over?" She said. Seconds later, voices began to raise as a scene started between Octavia and an elder gentleman.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:40 am

Odric watched with a friendly smile as Leon seemed to be amused by the firm front Aline had presented to him. He mentioned his concern for Aline as she was a friend of his family head. Odric didn't quite know what the man was referring to, but he kept a friendly expression on his face regardless. Aline responded by showing a scar she had on her neck, explaining that the Human nobles were probably not as vicious as their Asentari counterparts, as none of the Humans had tried to slit her throat for getting married. Odric's expression faltered for a split-second, before he re-assembled his defence. He didn't enter the scene with any preconceptions that the nobles of Edia were all going to be easy to get along with, this Leon character being an example, but the idea that Aline had suffered an attempt on her life in such a manner and for such a petty reason. He imagined that the Asentari hierarchy might not be overjoyed at the prospect of one of their best and brightest eloping, but to sink to assassination was unfathomable to him.

Kruger on the other hand, seemed to be a bit more amicable at least, even though he expressed skepticism at Odric's hopes for spreading the message of peace to the world, though Odric decided that the man had simply taken his wording a bit too literally, as he still seemed to be on board with everything else. Odric nodded with a smile. "Indeed." The two men then had their attention drawn by a large woman who was standing across the room with a pair of noble women. They discussed the duties of the Primoris Rex while Odric and Aline just stood silently. Kruger then recommended a fish place outside of town, near the head family's estate. The two men had mentioned that they were offshoots from the von Broven family, which perhaps implied that the 'head' family was the von Brovens. Kruger did then volunteer that there was a nice fish eatery by the estate. Odric nodded with a smile. "They have their own fish business? That's impressive. I must try it some time."

The two men left, and Aline lowered her guard for a moment and confessed that she wasn't happy with how she handled that encounter. Odric shook his head and smiled, putting a reassuring hand on Aline's shoulder. "Not at all, my friend. We are both trying to navigate this dangerous terrain together. You handled yourself extremely well. I shudder to think where I might have ended up if you were not here to guide me." Odric listened patiently as Aline told him that she wasn't entirely comfortable in this setting, citing bad memories. Odric looked at her with a concerned expression. "Oh? I will obviously refrain from asking you to divulge uncomfortable parts of your personal life, but if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know." Odric then backed off, not wishing to be overbearing. He considered Aline a good friend, and a kindred spirit due to their shared passion for diplomacy and peace. She then noted the approach of Arthur with a young woman in tow, and Aline suggested taking a break from nobles and plots for a moment, and Odric nodded with a knowing smile. "Good idea." Raised voices signalled the ruination of that thought.

Armagand watched the room for long moments. He stewed in his anger, and watched his daughter move from group to group like the weakling she was, always hiding with other people. Eliza then left with the Velerius runt, and Armagand had had enough. He was going to teach her a lesson, but he couldn't do it in front of the other guests. He would jeopardize his position by antagonizing all of the fool politicians and maggots that were here, and he would also earn the ire of his mother, which he also hoped to avoid. Just when his anger was reaching boiling point, he noticed the Primoris Rex eyeballing him. He narrowed his eyes for a moment, before looking around to see where her idiot bodyguard Shade was. He spotted the big disappointment lurking to the side of the room, his large form and bull horn making him stick out like a sore thumb. Armagand was not concerned about Shade or the Primoris, his business with Eliza was his personal business. As long as he confronted his runt of a child away from the gala, she couldn't stop him teaching Eliza a lesson. He waited for an opportunity, and it presented itself sooner than he thought. The Velerius and von Broven runts emerged from the doorway, and Armagand prepared to make his move. But the two children were stopped by an older man who was quite obviously intoxicated. Armagand was worried that the drunken fool would stall his plan, but the commotion that was caused by the shouting drew attention, and Armagand stood up and headed for the second door that led out to the courtyard garden.

Eliza listened as Octavia also thanked Kora, before making a quip about also wanting a Wyvern. Kora told her that unfortunately her family's two Wyverns lived in the Eyrie, and Octavia nodded sadly. Octavia responded to Eliza's comment, telling her that she only came because she was invited by Aline and Bethany for some reason, before Kora interjected and told her that it was because she and Rex helped save Aline from Karcenak, and that they were glad Octavia had attended. Octavia acquiesced with a nod before Rex also agreed that he was there primarily as a family duty, before the young man expressed interest in talking more to Eliza outside of the current situation. The silver-haired girl was unprepared for Rex's continued interest in her, and she was uncertain how to proceed. She was usually dismissive of anybody's overtures towards her, wanting as little distraction as possible when training. Also, she was sure her father would hit a breaking point if he caught her interacting with the Primoris Rex's apprentice, considering how angry he got when he found her with Octavia in the Eyrie. Still he seemed like a good guy, and some part of her did want to let him in, but for the moment she decided to keep up her Iron Fist reputation, and remained enigmatic. She looked at the young man with a neutral expression. "Perhaps, some othe time."

Octavia then said that she wanted to get a drink, Kora went with Arthur to meet Commander Mantell, and Rex had family business to attend to. Eliza simply nodded to them all. "I'll be here." She was now alone to her thoughts, and she began to reflect on her evening so far, evaluating what she had learned. She was broken from her reverie by an argument breaking out in the nearest ballroom entrance. Eliza looked to see who was causing the ruckus, and saw Octavia arguing vehemently with an older gentlement who had obviously had one glass of wine too many. Rex was nearby and he was attempting to intervene, and Eliza took a step towards the row before her gaze was diverted to another problem, the sight of which made her pale and chilled her blood. Out of the second ballroom entrance stormed her very irate father. Armagand marched directly towards her, eyes glowing and his face contorted with rage. Eliza took a step back, but Armagand was on her quickly. He grabbed her by the throat and hoisted her up so she was at eye-level with him. When he spoke, it was like thunder. "What's wrong? Run out of pathetic friends?!"

Eliza's breathing began to strain. Armagand's grip was firm and crushing, but it stayed short of a proper chokehold. Obviously he wanted her to remain conscious for his wrath. She looked confused, wondering what failure of hers her father was angered at now. "What, you think I didn't noticed you whoring about with your little worm friends? As if that wasn't bad enough, I also saw you talking to that worthless bitch Tallus." Eliza's eyes widened with fear as the realization dawned over her thhat she had been seen talking to her mother. She croaked her response. "I-I'm sorry... father..." Armagand was not having any of it though, and barked into her face. "I told you not to go near that pathetic woman or her worthless maggot family! DO YOU ENJOY DISOBEYING ME?! I AM ARMAGAND KOR! I AM YOUR FATHER AND YOU DISRESPECT ME EVERY CHANCE YOU GET!" Armagand's grip tightened, and tears began to well up in the corners of her eyes. "I'm... sorry father... I'm... s-sorry I failed... you..." Armagand spit on the floor in disgust. "Don't give me that! And tears? Really? Pathetic. I should have killed you before you grew to be such a disappointment." Elizastruggled to breath now, and Armagand's face remained a mask of anger.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:24 am

Rex was about to speak up to Octavia to mention her role in saving Aline when Kora did so for him. "She is quite right. Of course they would want you here." Arthur and Kora soon left to go meet with the Commander personally. And it wasn't too much longer when Octavia left to get drinks. The blond was about to start asking Eliza about herself when raised voices were heard. Looking back, he started to move as soon as he heard Octavia's voice. "I'll be back..." He left. Just in time to see Octavia get backhanded by a man.

In a flash, he was there, throwing a punch, his eyes glowing as lightning sparked between his fist and the man's face, adding to the pain. Then he went off on the man, having heard the last sentence before things escalated. "And you wonder why we younger generation have no respect for you scumbags? Sullying your name? Hey moron, she's an Oculi Draconis member! And the favorite to become the next Divum after Hargen! Shit man, she was instrumental in the rescue of Aline Drexara! And you call her filth? You say she sullies your name? If anything, you should be bragging about her accomplishments! And here you are wishing her dead. You're a disgrace. Not just to nobles as a whole. Not just to your own name. But to all of Edia. To all of our kind. Your donation is appreciated...but you might want to leave before you disgrace yourself even more than you already have." His eyes still glowing and lightning sparking around him a tiny bit, he was glowering at the man. He vaguely recognized him now. Rex never put the connections in place, but now he did. Astus Velerius. One of the few old, bitter pricks left. Hopefully the man would leave without comment. Rex looked very scary in that moment, his look cold and murderous.

Looking back to Octavia, he spoke up. "Why don't you relax...what do you want? I'll get you a drink..." Assuming she told him, Rex would go and get her a drink.

~

Alura turned to the raised voices. Only to be followed by the familiar sound of Rex's Spark ability and an audible crunch. Looking over, she saw a fuming Octavia that looked like she was just hit, Rex, who had just got done hitting the perpetrator, and Astus Velerius on the ground, the person that hit Octavia. Then her apprentice started in on the man. Smiling, she chuckled at the man's expense. Rex had the right of it.

However, she would have let Octavia defend herself, and back her up instead of taking the lead like that. Still, leading with the heart isn't always all bad. Turning back, she tried to make her way towards Aline and Odric. When someone stopped her and asked her if she was going to step in and reign in her apprentice. "Why?" Her genuinely confused face at the person made them stop in their tracks and slowly slink away. Clearly, she approved of this.

~

Luca was minding his own business when he heard everything going down and watched. An eyebrow raised, he watched as his cousin came down hard on the Velerius elder like a vengeful god of lightning. And then rip into him vocally. It was...odd to hear that, let alone see him come to the aid of someone else. The son of that man...

~

Kruger was giving Leon an earful when Sheila showed up. And then they witnessed the whole ordeal. Their faces were neutral as they watched Rex defend his compatriot. Silas had showed up about then, hair disheveled, but otherwise was presentable. But he just looked confused.

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:27 pm

Siegfried listened, and hummed an affirmative noise, as Beth talked about settling down. As they were walking towards the kids, Sieg's bad feeling was rewarded, when a man he didn't know grabbed Octavia. However, he saw Rex there, and knew that he would take care of it. He picked up his pace, however. He then noticed Armagand grabbing Eliza, and yelling at her. Sieg felt his own anger rise, and made his way over to the pair, lightning crackling off of him, yelling, "Stop!" at Armagand.

Arthur turned, as everything seemed to kick off. Letting go of Kora, he instinctively moved towards Odric, as he saw Rex take care of the older man. He turned to Odric, before saying "This isn't like any Gala I've been to." Arthur's smile was gone, instead replaced by a look of discomfort. It pained him to see things like this happen. but his duty required him to make sure Odric was protected.

As the crowd was turned to watch the altercation taking place, the door opened, and another man walked in. He was of average height, and had white hair, with purple styled to the left of his face. His green eyes studied the room calmly, and a small smile played on his lips. He had on a black shirt, rolled up to his elbows, with a strip of green on the ends, with black pants, and boots. Over his shoulders, he had a thin, blue scarf, which changed colors near the ends, to a blue-green. Someone looked away from the altercation, to see the man, and said, loud enough for word to spread, "Sigurd? Sigurd Volsung?"

Sigurd's outfit
The Merciallus Gala(open, social) Sigurd10

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:27 pm

Octavia took the backhand like a champ, and looked up, eyes glowing with rage. Before she could do anything, Rex appeared and flattened the old man with a punch. He began to Barate the man for speaking to Octavia that way, and that he should be proud to share a name with her. She knew what Rex was trying to say, but she also knew Astus didn't care. He hated her because she was a human's child, A halfbreed, ignoring the fact that all Asentari were halfbreeds. "Leave him Rex. He's not worth getting in trouble over. I dont want anything from him anyway, but Velerius is my Mother's name and I'll never give that up." Bethany joined them then, along with Sieg.

Sieg's intuition had been right, and Bethany joined Rex just as he finished barrating the old man. He looked quite stunned, sitting in a heap on the ground. "You fool. You've no idea what kind of mistake you've made." The old man glared at Rex. "I'll make sure you're rank is str-" Bethany bent down and hoisted him to his feet. She dusted him off as he stared at her in annoyance. He opened his mouth to speak. "Don't speak. You know who I am, and you surely know what I did many years ago to my beloved father, who is quite like yourself. I suggest you follow Rex's advice, and leave quietly. Because unlike Rex, I have absolutely no qualms about gutting you in front of this room of people." She patted him gently on the cheek, and turned him towards the doors.

Kora turned around as the shouting began, and Arthur immediately moved to protect Odric. Kora moved towards the scene, hearing some of what Astus Velerius was saying. She seen him slap Octavia, and was immediately knocked flat as Rex came out and punched him. She watched as Bethany joined, and sent the old man on his way with a very clear threat. He walked stiffly towards the doors, and Kora joined the others. Rex offered to get Octavia a drink. "Something sweet but not alcoholic please.." Octavia was shaking, though by the look of her it was from rage. Bethany put a hand on her shoulder. She looked at Kora. "Why don't you take Octavia back outside. I'm going to make sure that old bastard leaves." Bethany said. Kora nodded and held her hand out to Octavia, who's attention had snapped to something outside. Kora heard a shout and Octavia was gone.

As Bethany suggested they go outside, Octavia nodded and looked up, spotting a large shape where Eliza had been. She quickly placed that form as Armagand, and realised he had Eliza by the throat. She was already broiling with anger, but the sight put drove her to rage, and She Charged out the door, pushing someone out of her way as she went. "Put her down!" A ball of energy shot from her hand towards Armagand's back, and would have hit him square on if not for a barrier that appeared between her and him. The barrier shattered and light exploded out of it, and Octavia threw up her arm as she was blinded. "That is enough. Everyone needs to calm down." Kora said as her blurred form moved between Octavia and Armagand, her voice carrying over the noise.

Another larger form had joined them, booming voice demanding Armagand stop. Octavia ignored Sieg and Kora. "You coward, waiting until no one was around before you attack you're own daughter." Octavia shouted. "You want a fight, I'll give you a fight!"

Bethany was just about to walk away when she heard the shouting. Octavia was gone in a flash, Kora not far behind her. Sieg's bad feeling had apparently came true, and the large Asentari went towards them. Bethany stalked towards the doorway when Aline joined her, as Kora tried to talk sense into Octavia and the large man known as Armagand. Aline put her hand on Bethany's arm. People began to crowd the doorways to see what was going on, blocking their path. There was no way they were getting in, short of shoving people aside. Bethany looked at Aline. "Why did I let you talk me into this again?" Bethany asked. Aline shrugged. "I didn't expect there to be so much tension between the nobles."

As something went down across the room, and people crowded around the doorways to the garden, a new face walked in. Tessa elbowed Narissa. "Well well well. Sigurd Volsung. If I didn't have a loving husband, I'd be all over him." She said. "Say, Why don't I introduce you. You could use a man in you're life. I hear he hates Armagand as much as we do." Tessa took Narissa's arm and headed over to greet the newcomer. "Welcome Ser Volsung. You've arrived just in time for the usual excitement. I'm Tessa Merciallus." She said, holding out her hand. "My Darius served under you in the war. He speaks very highly of you. This is my sister, Narissa Tallus."

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:35 am

Odric glanced at Arthur as the young man moved over to him protectively. They had just witnessed young Rex punch out the man who had been shouting at Octavia, and Odric now watched as the young man berated the prone man with intensity. He looked at the Primoris Rex to gauge her reaction, and was concerned. While he had no doubt the old man was in the wrong, having struck Octavia in his rage, the fact that the leader of the Oculi Draconis was at ease with one of her subordinates assaulting a civilian at a function was a curious concept. In truth, he had no idea how the Asentari handled misdemeanors and crimes, so he conceded that maybe it was simply how things were done here, though Aline and Bethany's reactions made him not sure about that either. Bethany moved to try and diffuse the situation, escorting the injured man out. Arthur, for his part, looked distinctly uncomfortable at the whole scene. Odric fully understood Arthur's reaction, though the older man was experienced enough to hide it more effectively. He glanced at his young colleague and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "It's alright, my friend. I share your concern I feel. I never thought there would be this much conflict here. You hanging in there?" Bethany returned after that, asking Aline why she let her talk her into attending the function. Aline expressed the same surprise as Arthur and Odric, but things soon degenerated when more shouting filtered in from outside, and a crowd began to form around the door.

Nylara was watching the spectacle of Astus Velerius with some amusement, though she hid her true feelings behind an expression of mock-concern. The story of the Velerius' and their mongrel scion was well-documented in noble circles, and it was also well-known that Astus was as bitter as a living person could possibly be, so it was no surprise that in his drunken stupor the old fool had chosen now to tell his granddaughter how he truly felt. She was surprised when the young Von Broven family leader blindsided Astus with a ferocious sucker punch, knocking the old man to the floor. Astus was not a young man, and Nylara was genuinely curious to see if the man was dead. Disappointingly, Astus regained his feet, and was escorted out by Bethany Merciallus in an uncharacteristic show of mercy. Nylara looked to Alura for her reaction, but she already knew that the Primoris Rex would be approving of Rex's actions. She had always being lenient on her "apprentice", but she doubted that even if it wasn't Rex she would've objected. But that didn't concern Nylara now, for the crowd had gathered at the door to the courtyard garden, and when she saw what was happening, she went into panic stations.

Armagand was so focused on his daughter that he didn't notice the scuffle just inside the doorway, not that he would've cared anyway. But he also didn't noticed the incident ending, and the crowd now gathering at the doorway. His attention was only attracted when he heard shouting in his direction, followed by a magical attack impacting a barrier right next to him. He turned with fury to see Octavia Velerius standing close by, rage in her eyes. A small girl was standing between him and Octavia, and it was clear that the girl was the source of the barrier. He dropped Eliza and she landed hard on the ground, and turned to confront the meddling runt. A large man emerged from the crowd at the door and called in a booming voice for him to stop what he was doing, but his rage was focused entirely on Octavia now. "You really have a death wish, don't you? You worthless maggot!" Eliza shook the cobwebs out and sat up to see Octavia challenging her father to a fight, while Kora stood between them. She got to her feet and planted herself in front of her father, facing Octavia. A pleading look crossed her pale face, and she felt fear for Octavia's safety.

"Octavia, please don't do this. This is not your concern-" Eliza was cut off by a fiendish backhand strike connecting with her side, sending her flying to her right. She crashed through a flowerpot and hit the wall at the side of the garden. Armagand snarled at his fallen daughter. "Idiot! Mind your own business, you pathetic wretch!" He then locked eyes with Octavia again, and grinned maniacally. "Alright then, whelp! Why don't you try me and see what happens to you?!" He was unconcerned with the small girl between them, she would be nothing but a pebble in the road. Armagand took a menacing step forward, daring Octavia to do the same. Eliza sat up gingerly and stared in horror as Armagand advanced on Octavia with bad intentions on his mind. She got to her feet with a wince and reached for her spatha at her side, praying that she wouldn't have to make the most difficult decision of her life...

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:30 pm

Rex grinned at the man as Bethany picked him up. "You idiot...I'm Rex von Broven, Apprentice to the Primoris Rex and her adopted son. There is nothing you can do against me." He normally didn't use his position as her apprentice and adopted son to bully others. Between Beth and him, he left in a rush. Getting Octavia's order, he left to get it. Once he did, a new disturbance erupted. Looking back, it was Kora, Octavia, Eliza and Armagand. He started heading over...

~

Alura watched the incident end. But it wasn't the end of the evening. Looking over, she saw a new disturbance. Octavia tried to attack Armagand for some reason. And that reason soon made itself known when Eliza stepped in front of her father, only to be hit away. With all the authority and sharpness of her voice, she spoke just as Shade stepped in front of the two fighters. "Armagand Kor! Octavia Velerius! Cease this immediately!"

Alura walked towards only like the most powerful military official could. The crowd parted, especially since purple electricity was sparking around her. With any luck, with her tone and voice, both of them will be standing up straight, even if by reflex. But she doubted it from Armagand. Octavia might, but be glaring at her. Standing in front of them, she gave them both a withering glare. "There is a proper way to handle disagreements in which neither side will falter. Do it. Know that there is a major operation to occur in nine days. Either do it by mid-morning tomorrow or save it for after the operation." She waited for Octavia to issue the challenge. Though Rex spoke up.

"Octavia, you can't! As much of an ass as he is-" Rex tried to interject.

"I'm sure she knows the risks. This is their decision to make." And then she was going to want some answers.

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:24 am

Arthur stared at the scene for a few more seconds, before nodding. "I'm fine. I just hope this doesn't escalate." As soon as he said that, as Bethany and Aline were talking, everyone heard more of a commotion. Arthur sighed, but didn't move. He had a job to do, after all.

Sieg stopped, as Octavia pushed past him, and launched an attack at Armagand's back, but it was blocked. Kora then appeared and tried to calm everyone down. Sieg breathed for a second, before heading over to Eliza, where she had been thrown to the floor due to Armagand's strike. As she got to her feet, and reached for her spatha, Sieg's hand softly stopped her hand. "I wouldn't. Let's not have bloodshed here today." Sieg heard Alura yell, and noticed the man that had stood between Armagand and Octavia. He breathed a sigh of relief. For how strong Armagand was, he wouldn't fight the Primoris.

Sigurd noticed the disturbance, but was unfortunatley waylaid by some of the people at the Party. "I remember Darius. I hope he's doing alright. I'd talk more, but something seems to be happening that requires a gentler touch." Waving at the two, and moving towards the all too familiar voice of Armagand, he saw Alura was already there. Sighing, Sigurd pushed past everyone, and emerged from the crowd. "You should listen to her, Armagand. I don't think our Primoris got her nickname for nothing." He bowed slightly at Alura. "Despite everything, it is good to see you again, Alura. I hope the world is treating you well."

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:36 am

"Let's see how worthless I am when I'm done kicking you're ass!" Octavia replied. Eliza pushed her way forward and tried to talk Octavia out of fighting her father, but the man slapped her aside. "Eliza!" Kora screamed. She pulled a staff out of thin air and pointed it towards Armagand. Octavia glared as she tensed ready to spring, wind swirling around her hands. And then Bethany joined them, taking Kora by the arm. "Come away. There's nothing you can do to stop this cart wreck." Bathany said, pushing Kora behind her and stepping slightly forward protectively. Sieg carefully approached Eliza, stopping her from drawing her sword and escalating the situation further. Octavia seen the movement, and felt hurt by the action. She was only looking out for the silver haired girl. This feud went beyond their friendship however, adn she was not going to back down now.

Octavia's focus returned to Armagand, who accepted her challenge, telling her to try it and see what happened. "Don't do it Octavia. This is not the place." Bethany said. Octavia raised her fists, ignoring the other Asentari and stepped forward, when there was a shout. Octavia rocognized the voice immediately and stood up straight, but her eyes never left Armagand's face as the Primoris Rex ordered them to cease. "I'm well familiar with it. Armagand Kor-" Rex interupted her, telling her not to do it. She ignored him. "I challenge you to a formal Duel. Accept it, or admit to you're cowardly actions tonight." She snarled. Kora gasped, and Bethany let out a grunt. "Octavia, that's insane. He's twice the size of you and five times as heavy." Octavia kept her gaze on Armagand.

"Don't care." Bethany sighed. "You helped me, let me help you. I'll champion for you." She said and Octavia shot her a glare. "No. That won't prove anything." Bethany shot her an annoyed glare of her own. "Neither will getting killed." She snapped, before turning and walking away with Kora. "It'll prove enough." She whispered, looking at Eliza.

Not waiting to see any more, Bethany turned and left, leading Kora away from the situation. "You're a clever girl Kora, but you could have been hurt. I doubt that man would have thought twice about smacking you out of the way." Bethany said as Aline joined them. "You sound like my mother." The girl snapped. "That's because I care about you. Just like you're mother does." She said. Bethany's own mother rushed past. "Ok excitement's over! The dancing is starting, move along everyone!" She said. Bethany watched as she gestured towards the band to start playing again, and the crowd began to slowly diminish.

Aline smiled at Kora. "Come on. Commander Mantell was interested in meeting you. I'll introduce you." Aline said, leading them away. Bethany smiled at the Commander as they approached. "Well, that was exciting. Nothing says Gala like formal duel." She said. "Odric, this is my niece Kora." Bethany said. Kora stepped forward and gave Odric a slight bow. "It's nice to meet you sir." Kora said. "I wanted to ask you some questions about possibly joining the order for a short time." She said. Bethany choked on her drink. "And I'm leaving. Aline, come dance with me. I do not want Tessa to blame me for this conversation." She said. Aline chuckled. "I'll take the blame. If you'll excuse us." Aline said, taking Bethany's arm.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next