Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

» Duty and War(Rowan/Yavanna Rank Up)
by Orgoth Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:01 pm

» A Dragon's Heart (Part 1)
by The Narrator Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 am

» The Gathering Storm (Undead Event Part 1)
by The Narrator Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:33 am

» Gohan Maedar (WIP)
by Orgoth Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:22 am

» Xinra Kal'Dior (Crew of Raya's Gambit)
by Orgoth Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:53 am

» The Blackspire Riders(Orgoth)
by Orgoth Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:44 pm

» Rank up Purchases
by Zenke Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:54 am

Affiliates

Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)

4 posters

Go down

Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2) Empty Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)

Post by The Narrator Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:17 pm

The Silver Citadel

Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2) Kingto10

King Tormir read and re-read the report from Marina Kaverra, Knight-Commander of the Knights of Mondolin, the contents of which weighed heavily on him. He coughed regularly, a result of his condition, before addressing the messenger who had brought him the missive.
"The Knight-Commander is sure of these reports?" The young man nodded nervously.
"Aye, my lord. Knight-Commander Kaverra is very certain of her intelligence."
"This verifies what Kairi Thorne and Mariel Shor have told us. Has she sent word to Mith Verdanus?" The messenger nodded again.
"Aye, my lord. but I fear they will not reach us in time." The king nodded, partially to himself. Though King Tormir was 165 years old, a combination of the stress of his position and the ravages of the mystery illness that had afflicted him in recent times gave him the bearing of a much older man. Though deep down he knew his days were very much numbered, King Tormir was not about to abandon his duty to his people and his city. Even though he now faced the prospect of a massive army of undead soldiers moving to besiege Mith Silvanus, King Tormir knew what must be done.
"Muster the city's forces. Arm the siege weapons. Gather all available personnel to the walls and the main gate, and evacuate the non-combatants behind the inner walls." The king then gestured to one of his retainers. "And fetch me my arms and armour." With that, the advisors all stopped and looked to the king with alarm. One of them spoke what they were all thinking.
"My lord? You cannot be meaning to fight. With your present condition..." But King Tormir was having none of it.
"My condition is irrelevent. This is the capital of the Kingdom of Mondolin, and I would gladly give my life to defend her beauty. Now, all of you get going, or have you all forgotten there's an army of undead on the way?"

Once the king was laden with his armor and his weapons, the doors to his court opened to reveal Kairi Thorne, the Order of the Sun's representative who had arrived the day before with Councilor Mariel Shor of the Golden Council to bring tidings of the threat that now loomed over the city. Kairi approached and bowed respectfully to the king, before noting the king's armament.
"My lord. My companions should be here within the hour. I have sent word to both Sunshield Hold and Edia, but I fear it may be too late. We will have to hold out until help comes to us." The king nodded and drew his sword, examining it in the light of the court for a moment before sheathing it again.
"Indeed. Though thanks to your help, we have been able to rally our defenses. Which brings me to our immediate plan. Knight-Commander Kaverra will lead the Knights as she sees fit, but I would like you and your friends to stand alongside me in leading the Mondolin army. Though the Knights are tried and tested elite soldiers, the city's standing army and militia will be defending the city for the first time. We could use your experience as a commander as well as the skills of your friends to improve our chances." Kairi nodded at first before blinking in realization at what the king had said.
"Forgive me, my lord, but did you say you would be leading the defense?" But the king waved a hand to dismiss Kairi's reservations before she could verbalize them fully.
"It is a non-negotiable. What kind of king would I be if I did not fight alongside my troops in defense of this city? Sickness or no, I will stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you and my men in battle." Kairi nodded, and bowed respectfully again.
"In that case, sir, it will be an honor to fight by your side. Now, if you will excuse me, my lord, I have some preparations to make myself." The king nodded and tightened a pauldron strap.
"When your companions arrive, I would like you all to report here. I wish to see who I am fighting alongside."

Mondolin Border

Watchful, ever watchful...

As they strode serenely towards their destination of Mith Silvanus, the hordes of undead were a monotonoous drumbeat of footsteps, eerily regular and unyielding. Most of the horde was made up of undead soldiers in various states of decay, some raised from recent graves, others from the distant past. They were complemented by several units of larger monstrosities, and every unit was accompanied by a necromancer. It was an army bred for a single purpose: domination. Liliana was about to enact the revenge she had sworn on the world many centuries ago. The army marched without need for food or rest, and they were legion. As per the Great Plan, Mith Silvanus was ready to fall.
The Narrator
The Narrator
Beginner
Beginner

Experience : 1000000079

Resources
Resources: 999999999

Back to top Go down

Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2) Empty Re: Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)

Post by Orgoth Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:17 pm

Kairi strode briskly towards the massive main gate of Mith Silvanus. The main gate was actually an interlocking system of seven gates, and it held the distinction of having never being breached in the entire history of the city. She watched with no small amount of awe as the gate went through its complex permutations as it opened to reveal her comrades from Calixto. Kairi waved in welcome as they dismounted.
"Glad you could make it. The king wishes to speak with us as soon as everybody is ready." Kairi waited until they had all dismounted and gathered, before leading them all to the Silver Citadel and the king's court. The entire city was bustling, but not the good-natured merchant kind of bustle. Troops carried supplies and equipment to various places, detachments practiced drills, and barricades were being erected in likely breach points. The mood was somber, though a few looks of hope as people recognised the Order of the Sun emblems that Kairi's party carried.

Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2) Marina10
Eventually, they reached the king's court. King Tormir was conversing with an imposing woman with cropped blonde hair and clad in plate armour. The king saw the party enter and offered a gesture of welcome.
"Well met, my friends. Mith Silvanus is grateful that you could be here to assist us in this crisis." He gestured to the imposing woman who bowed politely. "Allow me to introduce Knight-Commander Marina Kaverra, commander of the Knights of Mondolin." Kairi bowed politely and introduced everyone, while Yavanna simply gave a nod of respect. Fayla just looked on in awe, having heard of Marina Kaverra on her travels, and wanting to meet her in person. The king continued. "As I explained to Lieutenant Thorne earlier, the commander will be leading the Knights wherever they are needed, while I will lead the city's defense force myself. It is my hope that we can hold out long enough for reinforcements to arrive from, wherever they may come from." Yavanna offered her input first.
"My lord, I have a suggestion. It may be prudent to send a small team to assault Liliana directly. While Mondolin and her armies are mighty indeed, we should be aiming to cut off the snake's head and end this menace permanently." Kairi nodded in agreement.
"I agree. The sooner we can end this, the more lives we may save." The king stroked his beard for a moment, before coughing.
"Perhaps... you may have a point. But the strike team will have to be small and quick. Who knows what defenses she may have set up. Any volunteers?"

Last edited by Orgoth on Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Experience : 1693

Resources
Resources: 5600

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:15 am

The journey had been fast. There was little time to rest when a cloud of dust rose high into the ground only a few miles behind them. There was no doubt that what moved towards the city was a massive army. Lilian worried about what awaited her city. Vala finally felt fully healed from her previous fight, and was eager to to strike at her foes again. Rowan was grimly determined to see an end to this war before it truly began. If Mith Silvanus fell, the undead army would bolster their ranks tenfold, and the next city would bow like wheat under its boots. And that wasn't taking into account what Lilianna might be up to. In the city, the shapeshifting heanta girl flittered around exploring, unaware of what approached. Lilian told Vala and Fayla about the strange girls sudden appearance, and there was a slight awkwardness when she looked at the Eldari. They hadn't had a chance to talk, but then romance had to be put on the backburner until the city was safe. Lilian was not the only one thinking about a significant other, though Rowan still denied any feelings for the brave Human who had nearly died fighting Aristorath, or what it meant that his dead wife's Axe had saved her life. Vala spent equal parts of her time wanting to talk with her father, and glaring in his general direction.

When they reached the city, they were met at the indominable gates by Kairi, who led them to the King's Court. Lilian was familiar with the court and the Silver Citadel, and Vala had seen inside the citadel itself with Falya when they'd stealthily infiltrated the city under the guise of humans so Vala could meet the knight with the Metal Arm. Rowan had faught Orken on Mith Silvanus' doorstep in the Human Orken war, though he'd had no reason at the time to see the citadel from the inside. He'd still beheld the impressive building from a close distance back then, and appreciated the defensive capabilities of it. Lilian bowed deeply to her king and Knight Commander, giving both the Knight's salute. Vala, ever the respectful, copied Lilian's bow and salute, unaware it was a bit to much. Rowan bowed his head in a respectful gesture to the king who looked about to keel over in his armor, but still stood with a regal bearing. It was clear this was a manly man of honor.

The king explained that the Knight commander would lead the knights where they were needed, while he would lead the rest. Lilian let out a concerned gasp but held her tongue when Marina shook her head. there would be no changing his mind. He hoped to hold out for Reinforcements, wherever they may come from. "Sir if I send word to my mother she might come. Though I'd understand if you dont want a heanta army on your doorstep..."  Yavanna suggested they send a strike team to take out Lilianna, and the king agreed, asking for volunteers. "I will go. We fought along side her, and know best what she is capable of. We scouted the Army, and she wasn't with them, so its an easy guess to assume she stayed in Serenity Valley." Rowan said. Vala looked at Fayla with an annoyed "Why did we bring this glory hog" look.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Experience : 2289

Resources
Resources: 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:08 am

Rory was running. Why was he running? Because of the undead army! The blonde haired knight had also recieved word that his hometown evacuated as soon as they saw the army, and most of its militia had joined the city's. Including his father, brother, and sister. The reunion was nice and sweet, but short. As involved in intelligence gathering as he was, he stayed in the background and watched the proceedings. The king mentioned the witch, and a force go after her.

Aether piped up. "Young Shard also mentioned that Lieutenant Thorne has a lead to the Asentari people. They may be late to the fight, but that is an option as well." Even with the bad blood, if an enemy is desperate enough, they'll call on the help of even former enemies if the threat is large enough.

Nichol simply nodded and stayed in the shadows of the adults. He planned on getting as many arrows as possible. Find a tower on the wall, and just keep shooting arrows until he had none left.

~

Once the update on the undead was complete, there was murmering from all sides. The white haired Blue Lotus Taicho stood up, and had the floor for now. "Clan Heads, coming to you now is a scroll that shows our route and force projections should you vote for us to go get involved. As preapproved by my superiors, and support from the other Taichos of the Lotus, it balances the need to keep the city safe from the Koroi Tsuno, and keeping them busy, and bringing enough forces to make a difference.

Before you vote, know that we will be discovered one day, that we cannot just stay in our caves. We will eventually be found out. What better way to show that we exist than to show solidarity with our closest neighbor and taking care of a world crisis. If we do not take advantage of this opportunity, when we get found, it may not be with pure intentions by the explorers. We do not want to make the same mistakes that the Asentari did with their contact war with Mondolin. Do keep this in mind."
The scrolls were passed to each head and their advisors to peruse. Tohma sat down, watching his elder brother read it. After other arguments, closing and otherwise, the vote started.

First with Tohma's brother voting yes.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Experience : 1458

Resources
Resources: 8060

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:55 pm

Vala offered some input, namely asking her mother for assistance, though she was appreciative of the obvious alarm that would arise if a host of Heanta showed up to Mith Silvanus. But the King nodded in approval.
"I will accept any help in whatever shape or form it comes in, and your mother is a reasonable woman from what I've heard, so I will appreciate whatever Lady Celaena can offer." Aether then offered a suggestion, and it was one that Kairi had also thought of. The Asentari.
"I was thinking the same thing, though I'm not sure how much pull I still have these days. I have sent an official Mondolin Pegasus messenger to the Oculi Draconis, while Bethany has also headed there to try and raise support." At the King's call for volunteers, Yavanna had not been surprised at Rowan's immediate offer to join. She nodded in agreement.
"And I as well. With the greatest of respect to the present company, Rowan and I are the most experienced soldiers available." Kairi nodded with slight resignation.
"Given the need for speed and stealth on this mission, it is clear that I will only be a hindrance." Fayla, on the other hand, was not so dissuaded, even with the look of defeat Vala gave her.
"What about me and Vala? We're quick and quiet when we need to be." But Yavanna shook her head.
"I'm sorry Fayla, but it's not that simple. Rowan knows as well as I do what Liliana was capable of before she disappeared, and Na'Sora knows what she can do now. But we're the best equipped to handle what might happen when the time comes." Yavanna tried to offer a reassuring smile, but she could tell by the look on her former student's face that Fayla had taken the rejection to heart. In truth, Yavanna was well aware of the unique talents of Fayla and Vala, but she was not overstating the danger either. Given that Fayla had barely survived her first encounter with Liliana Korvesa, Yavanna did not want to face Mariel's wrath if she found out that she had put her only child back into such danger. Kairi spotted the awkwardness that had crept in, and she put a hand on Fayla's shoulder.
"This actually works well, because I'd feel a whole lot better if you and Vala were able to back us up here."

Vala seemed to handle the rejection far better than her Eldari best friend, but Fayla still perked up a little and offered a weak smile at Kairi's suggestion. The King then cleared his throat and offered his input.
"Yes, indeed. The granddaughters of the two greatest warriors in Asmir's history is a blessing I certainly wouldn't turn down in any circumstance." He then looked to Yavanna and Rowan. The King nodded somberly. "Any other personnel or support you need, you will have it."
"So it's as I said. We hold, either until Liliana is dispatched or reinforcements arrive, though hopefully both will happen soon." He straighted up suddenly, and there was increased steel in his voice. "Our latest reports have the enemy arriving by nightfall, and I intend to be ready to meet them. The city of Mith Silvanus has stood for almost two thousand years, and I will not let my reign be the one where it falls." He bowed to them all and picked up his helmet. "I must tour the city before the battle. It's something of a tradition amongst my predecessors. Good luck, and may the Gods smile upon us." The King marched out of the court, leaving them with Commander Kaverra. She looked to Rowan and Yavanna.
"As the King said, let me know whatever you need for your mission, and let the hopes of all of Mondolin go with you." She then looked to Lilian. "Knight Toral, please report to the barracks for briefing and outfitting." With a bow, Kaverra then also left.

Kojiro and Kanetsugu Nakamura watched the Clan heads as they absorbed the reports that the brothers had provided. Kanetsugu had returned first, informing the Council of the presence of undead magic on the surface world. Though his report was initially met with skepticism in some quarters, Kojiro's follow-up report that he provided when he returned days later, as well as the head of the undead he brought with him, had convinced the Council members that this session was needed to come to a decision. The captain of the Blue Lotus took to the floor and delivered an impassioned speech to the Council, emphasizing the long-term benefits of providing aid, as well as the danger the undead posed if left unchecked. The brothers had to admit that the speech was a fine one, and it was very surprising to see that the vote was split. The Tomoshibi and Sanada clans voted in favor of intervening, while the Tsuno and Kusanagi clans had voted against it. The Council immediately descended into loud and aggressive discussion, with arguments forming between the Clans. Shinsuke Nakamura, for his part, had said nothing and simply sat with his fingers steepled in front of him. The brothers exchanged concerned looks, they had been worried about this happening. The Nakamura Clan had famously abstained from important political votes in the past, notably during the Shino crisis. But the chaos that the vote was now causing was alarming, but after what seemed like an interminable delay, their father eventually called the Council to order.
"Thank you. As you may know, my clan has stayed out of political votes in the past. We gather intelligence and we moderate these Council sessions, but we do not affiliate ourselves politically. However, an event such as this could have ramifications far beyond what we can reasonably foresee. Therefore, I will vote in favour of intervention, and thus settling the vote."
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:36 pm

Vala nodded in response to the king when he accepted her suggestion. "Then I will send word as soon as I can your grace." Yavanna immediately volunteered herself to go with Rowan, which he expected. They had served under Liliana for a short while, and knew her better than anyone here. Kairi pointed out that she'd like to go, but would likely be a hindrance. Rowan shook his head. "I wouldn't say that. But they need you here. You're the best of the Order." Rowan said. He was secretly glad she wasn't coming, as she would be safer here, if only slightly. Falya spoke up, wanting to come with them, and Vala agreed. But Yavanna told them no, and Rowan nodded in agreement. He put his hand on Fayla's shoulder. He looked her in the eyes, then Vala. "Yavanna is right. Besides, Think how inspiring it'll be when the humans here see an Eldari and Heanta working together to protect their city." Kairi chimed in, happy to have Vala and Fayla with her. Vala made a sulky face. "Bleh, fine. But I call dibs on any strong enemies, since we don't get to fight the necrobitch."

The king spoke then, Promising Rowan and Yavanna any support they needed. Then, went on to close the city and say that, since all was said and done he'd tour the city as was tradition. He left them with commander kaverra, who repeated the kings offer of support before ordering Lilian to the Barracks for Briefing. "Yes Ma'am." She said in a steely voice, fist to her chest in salute. "Fayla, Vala, why don't you take Kairi and the others to Toral's, and we'll outfit you with armor, weapons and anything else you need. Father is there now preparing. Mr Aratris, Miss Elbereth, if I don't see you before you leave, good luck." She bowed to them, and followed after Commander Keverra.

The second meeting was called when Kojiro Nakamura returned with additional reports on the situation, and a head of an undead. After this reveal, The Blue Lotus Taicho spoke up, and began to hand out information on the situation. He had prepared for the event that the clan heads voted in favor of actually sending the Lotus to help, and supplied them with everything they needed to know. And then the vote began, With Taisho Sanado voting yes, along with the head of the Tomishibi clan. The Kusanagi clan voted no. Not expected but it didn't surprise her to much. But then Kitamura Tsuno, her brother and clan Leader voted no. "Nani?!" She shot out of her seat, slamming her hands on the table. He glared at her and she glared back. "Control yourself, Vice-Commander Tsuno." Kitamura said with annoyance. She did, getting her anger under control. She shifted her sword, and bowed. "Apologies for my outburst, Clan heads." She said sitting back down. He had been in favor of this plan two days ago, but now suddenly he'd changed his mind, like a coward.

The last clan was Kanetsugu's, and after several tense seconds of silence on the part of Kanetsugu's father he finally spoke. She was expecting at worst a no vote, at best that his clan would abstain, as they had in the past. She was surprised when he did infact vote yes, and relieved. Her brother didn't look angry though. He looked scared.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:58 pm

Even with the outburst, things continued. It was odd that one person changed his vote from yes to no. Looking at the Tsuno Clan head, the man looked scared. Scared of what? One way or another, they'd be found out, and either be defeated, or...well, react to an explorer. Standing up, he would bow with the rest. They were ready to head out, along with supplies, a route, and more. He wasn't entirely sure who would be joining him, but had a small conglomerate from the other Lotus sections. His friend was there, naginata in hand, his Stag Beatle ready. Next to Tohma's Huntsman Spider. "My speech didn't help...but at least we got approval. Diplomacy will be needed as soon as we get there. Spread the word, the operation is a go." Those gathered left to spread the word.

Efficient as usual, the army was ready. Tohma nodded at the next Lotus Taicho there. "Shall we? I assume that once we get there, I need to go state our intentions to the Mondolin commander?" Or them. It didn't really matter who in the end.

~

Rory was already suited up and at the wall. Along with his hometown's militia, including his father, brother, and sister. And more troops. Blue Rose at his hip, arm mounted crossbow on his left arm, light armor, he was ready. Nervous and perhaps afraid, but he would face that fear.

Nichol was on one of the towers, stashing away as many arrows as he could. He had...quite the supply. Six other men were there with crossbows, and had raised eyebrows at the boy's appearance at first. More so since the kid didn't like to wear a shirt. But now was different. He had on light leather armor. Something at least to help should he get caught in a melee. The boy stood, arrow already notched and ready for him to aim and fire. He held no fear.

Aether opted to not wear armor at all. He couldn't use a crossbow to save his life, or a longbow, or anything ranged. He would act to keep any undead that scaled the walls away from the archers and crossbowman. The blonde patrolled the walls, no weapons visible. Not that anyone really questioned it.

~

Alura stared down the Pegasus rider in her office, two of her soldiers flanking the man. Rex was by the door, watching. The woman had read the message. And saw the head of this undead. On her desk, opening its mouth and closing it, eyes locked on her. "Send word for an emergency meeting. I hope you're a good orator, soldier. This alive but dead head may not be enough to garuntee our interference."

Once all fifteen Praetors were in the council chambers, Alura sauntered in with the Mondolin Messenger behind her, this time escorted only by Rex. She had a table in the center, and put the head on it. The undead creature locked its eyes on the nearest member and started to chomp away at nothing. This caused an awful lot of muttering. Until the Primoris Rex boomed her voice. "When I got up this morning, I did not expect a messenger from Mondolin requesting assistance. With him was proof of his claims, and the claims of this letter. Allow me to read it." She read the letter, loud and clear. And waited a minute for the words to be absorbed by the elected members of their republic.

"I know what you're thinking. This is obviously a trap. I thought so too. And that possibility is still there. But with that proof, that possiblity is much less likely. And should you decide we go, it will not be with a full army. Fifteen wyverns, two dozen Kelari, and veterans of our recent Vultani Jungle Purge operation will be all I'll commit to this, unless authorized for more troops by this council. I now give the floor to the messenger for questioning and any comments they wish to make." With that, the tall woman stepped aside.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by The Narrator Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:52 pm

King Tormir paced back and forth along the ramparts overlooking the famous Five-Section Gate of Mith Silvanus. The dusk set in as he watched his troops take up their positions with all of the discipline he had come to expect from the Mondolin military. Mondolin forces were not as physically or magically powerful as those of the other nations, such was the limitations of Humans. Instead, the Kingdom’s troops were exceptionally well-trained and equipped, relying on the solidarity of the whole to overcome their individual disadvantages. As the King stared over the parapet at the Silvanus plains outside the walls of the city for the umpteenth time, he knew that quality would be more important than ever. Knight-Commander Marina Kaverra approached from his left, landing on the rampart on her fabled Pegasus, Stormbreak. An apt name, the King thought, for what was about to occur. The Commander leapt down gracefully from her mount, her heavy armour clinking as she landed. She regarded the King with all of the reverence that his office commanded, despite Tormir’s best efforts.

“My lord, everything is ready. At least, as ready as it can be.” The King nodded and removed his helmet, breathing deeply. The commander looked concerned, but the King had made his stance on his condition quite clear.
“Then it is in the Gods and ourselves that we must trust.” Kaverra looked over the parapet in the same direction as the King.
“Trebuchets are loaded and ready. The bulk of the armed forces will protect the walls, while the rest of them along with my ground units will remain behind the wall, and will utilise the sally ports when the opportunity arises. Meanwhile, my aerial units and I will attack from the air, trying to draw fire and harass the larger targets, hopefully giving the wall troops time to do some damage.” King Tormir regarded his commander with fondness for a moment. Kaverra was a brave and loyal person. Honourable to a fault, with strength and leadership qualities to put her up there with some of the greatest Mondolin has ever produced, Kaverra was going to be vital to this fight, and that gave the old King comfort, as he wouldn’t put that kind of responsibility on just anybody.

After a moment of silence, Kairi Thorne arrived on the scene. She was clad in standard Mondolin heavy armour, but with her trademark white cloak flowing out from the back of it and her shield slung over her back. She bowed politely to the two, and the King smiled wryly at her.
“You know Ms. Thorne, Mondolin armour suits you.” Kairi smiled back, before glancing down at her temporary regalia.
“That’s very kind of you, sir.” Her tone and expression and tone became serious again. ”My companions have stationed themselves where they feel most useful.” The King nodded sagely.
“Very good. Then we are ready.” He looked to the horizon as a couple of cries from watchtowers could be heard. “Just in time too.”

As the inexorable tide of the dead moved into view and became larger, King Tormir and the two women stared in quiet contemplation at what was coming. Amongst the waves, several larger forms could be spotted, and one was unmistakable at the rear of the morass. The king found himself speechless. The host had to be a hundred-thousand strong at least. They were severely outnumbered, and the King could feel his apprehension permeating his city. As the horde drew closer, Tormir pulled out a cone-shaped device from his belt and held it over his mouth. The item was a magical device that had been enchanted to magnify the volume of his voice. Though it was usually used to address the people during public events, it would now serve a different purpose. He turned and addressed his loyal soldiers.

“My friends. What is about to wash upon us is a great crisis, the like and scale of which the land has not seen in centuries. The undead forces are drawing close, and Mith Silvanus is about to become a point that will shape history going forward. If the city falls, then Mondolin falls. We have sent for help to the other nations, but unless help comes to us, we must assume we will fight alone. But we will not be alone.” Taking another laboured breath, the King straightened his posture, and added more bass into his voice. “Because, my friends, we have each other. A small team will head into enemy territory to try and put an end to this menace at its source, and they will prevail. But in order for this to be true, we need to hold the line. No matter what horrors crash against these walls, we will hold the line. Look to your comrades around you. As long as you trust and believe in each other, we will hold the line.”

The King raised a fist to the sky in defiance. “Men and women of the Kingdom of Mondolin, by my word and honour as King, WE WILL HOLD THE LINE!” Cheers roared throughout the battlements as the troops of Mondolin found their courage. “Prepare to fight!” Kaverra put her helmet on and climbed aboard her mount as Kairi turned to the troops around them.
”You heard the King! Prepare for battle!” Tormir put his own helmet on and gestured to Kaverra.
“No unnecessary risks, Commander. Godspeed.” Kaverra nodded and took off towards the Silver Citadel, where the rest of Mondolin’s aerial units waited. The King then turned to his King’s Guard and smiled wryly. “Try not to kill everything before it gets to me, lads and lasses. I’m not here to be a spectator.”

It was a nerve racking experience, flying up to the Sky Islands of Edia. Not because Trent Stilleta couldn’t handle a pegasus, in fact he reckoned he could outfly most arial opponents with his eyes closed, but because in the last 15 years, the kingdom of Mondolin had no enemy more prominent than the Asentari. Admittedly the war that had broken out between their people was short lived, but it was not easily forgotten by anyone who had been on that battlefield. The Asentari unnerved him, and he was half afraid they’d attack on sight, rather than hear him out. Trent broke through the illusionary mists that hid the islands, and the view took his breath away. He doubted many humans had seen the sky islands from this angle, in fact he was probably the first Pegasi rider to breach the illusion. His wonder was short lived however, as below he saw movement along the cliffs of an uninhabited island. That movement turned into a silvery red shape covered in scales that leapt from the cliffs, massive wings spreading out.

Trent had never seen a Wyvern before, but he knew enough to guess that this was one. And unless Asentari saddled differently, this one must be wild. And was making a beeline straight for him. Trent kept his cool, as he spurred on Caliphe. Pegasi were the fastest things in the sky, and Caliphe was faster than most. What Trent didn’t account for was the winds around Edia, which blew differently than mondolin, and while he gained speed, he was suddenly buffeted by a violent updraft. That slowed them back down. Caliphe tried to fight through it, but wasn’t strong enough, and was pushed up, Even as the Wyvern used it to his advantage as he climbed towards them faster than ever.The wyvern shot passed, and wheeled around, angling to dive down on them. Trent had no doubt that its strength would allow it to fight through the updraft and rip Caliphe from the sky, leaving him to fall to the ground below. He tried to pull back, get Caliphe out of the way but it was too late.

And then something hit the other wyvern from above, smashing it aside before it caught them. There was a small airborne skirmish, and the red Wyvern went tumbling away. It regained its wings and flew off to find easier prey, Leaving Trent with a new wyvern, smaller than the last, a greeny-blue in colour. A rider sat astride it, an olive skinned Asentari who watched him with curious green eyes. She pointed towards a distant island, gestured for him to follow and took off ahead of him. Trent followed in her wake watching as she used the changing winds to her advantage and imitated her as best he could. Twenty minutes later he was standing in the presence of a woman with an overbearing aura, and soon after that in front of the Asentari’s leadership, which was just as intimidating.

Alura left him at the mercy of the senate, who began talking over each other. A voice called for silence, a man who stood behind a podium. An officiator of some kind, directing the argument. “One at a time!” He demanded. “One at a time.” Silence fell and he pointed to a senator to ask the first question. “Why come to us? Why not the Eldari, given our history you must know we’re going to find the request suspicious.” She asked. Trent made a placating gesture. “The Eldari already know, and My king has sent word to the heanta. He believes this is bigger than our history, a bigger threat than any war between our people or any people of Ka’lesa. This Lilianna person is a threat to all of us.”

“Are we really going to entertain this buffoonery? No doubt this is a ploy. Where is your army waiting, human?” A chubby and irate senator asked. “Sir with all do respect, this is not a trick.” “Bah.” he said. “I say we throw this one off the island and send his Pegasi back with a message telling the humans where they can shove it!” He gruffled. “Oh be quiet, Favius. Are you blind? That very-dead head is practically winking at you. This is not a trick.” This came from a Tall elderly Asentari, face covered in amber scales. She looked at Trent. “When you left, could you see the army of the dead approaching?” He nodded. “How large?” She asked. He sighed. “It was massive, Ma’am. Enough to stack bodies up the walls of Mith Silvanus and still have plenty of undead left to wipe out the city. And if that’s not bad enough, they can replenish their numbers and then some when they’ve killed everyone in the city. Mith Verdanus would be next, and it has almost the same population and half the protection. The resulting army would be enough to wipe out any city on Ka’lesa with ease.” There was fear in his voice, genuine enough that the lady senator could see it in his expression. “I see.”

Someone else spoke up then. “What more is there to say, we should send help. If nothing else, it will help mend the damage the contact war caused.” “Didn’t you hear, Javic, Any city on Ka’lesa. We’re not on Ka’lesa, the undead can hardly get to us up here.” “We cannot abandon the surface world to this.” “This is a trick!” The senators were talking faster, cutting over each other, arguing. He was no longer the centre of their attention. “I say we send a scout from the Oculi Draconis. Confirm this man’s words with words from one of ours.” “Even our fastest rider would take too long. We need to act, not wait! Send the entire Oculi!” The officiator slammed his gavel twice. “Enough, senators. We have all had a chance to speak, it is time to vote. All in favour of sending Alura’s forces, raise your hands!” Hands shot up, and the officiator counted. Trent tried to count to, but the officiator was faster and continued before he finished. “All opposed, raise your hands.” Again he counted, again faster than trent. “Nine for, six against. Alura will assemble the force suggested,  no more, and go to aid the humans.”

That was that. Trent followed Alura’s men back to a waiting room while he awaited the Asentari forces to be readied. He would go with them, it was safer and he couldn’t run off and warn anyone if it really was a trap.

When Alura returned to her office, she would find a letter waiting. It was a plain letter, no seal, simply addressed to Alura. No one was seen coming or going, and the human certainly had no chance to leave the letter. How it got there was a mystery, its contents even more so. It read,

“The age of Ren and Dalrodir has almost passed. You are the last hero of old. Leave your forces to fight in mondolin, and go to Serenity Valley. Lilianna holds a relic far more dangerous than even she knows. You must stop her. If you do not, the world will fall to darkness, and a new age of heroes will not have a chance to rise.

-The Watchers”
The Narrator
The Narrator
Beginner
Beginner

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:56 pm

Kairi slowly paced up and down her section of the wall as she and the rest of the forces of Mondolin waited patiently for their foe. Though they could not yet see their enemy, as the undead had no need for illumination in the gloomy twilight, the sound of steady and inexorable marching was unmistakable. She caught sight of Aether a bit further down on his own section of wall, pacing in similar fashion. Nichol had taken up position in one of the sentry towers overlooking the gate, while Arthur was a few paces away from Kairi on the same wall segment, positioned beside the King. Tristan was stationed in a second sentry tower, while the other Order troops that had accompanied Kairi to Calixto were in amongst the Mondolin soldiers. As the horde drew close enough to become slightly visible in the torchlight of the outer walls, King Tormir turned to Arthur with a wry smile.
"Well lad, whatever luck you live by, let's hope it lasts the night." Kairi nodded defiantly.
"Your friends are with you, my lord." The King smiled grimly.
"Let's hope they last the night." The first line of undead entered range, and though Kairi had seen the horde emerge from the forests of Serenity Valley, the sight of undead army in its entirity standing before the walls of Mith Silvanus was unnerving. Her focus was returned as the King's voice boomed into the night. "All units! FIRE!"

Andreas hurried through his shop, checking and double-checking everything as he went. His staff had decided to stay and defend the forge, and they had refused to accept any orders to the contrary. Lilian had already gone to report to the Knight-Commander, while Andreas had doled out any equipment Kairi and her companions from the Order had needed. Lucas had remained with the shop staff on the condition that he remain inside under any circumstance. Having secured the shop, Adnreas made for the barracks, where all of the Knights of Mondolin had been ordered to rally. He reached it as Kaverra had began to delegate her assignments. The aerial units would attack and harass the horde in rapid attack runs from above, while the main bulk of the Knights would use the sally-ports to launch hit-and-run attacks of their own. So Andreas found himself standing alongside his daughter down behind the wall, waiting anxiously for the enemy. They didn't have to wait long, as the King's voice thundered across the city, followed by the sound of crossbows and siege equipment being loosed. Andreas gave his daughter's shoulder a quick squeeze, before hefting his own crossbow.

Yavanna was a veteran of many centuries of war. She had taken part in some of the bloodiest battles that the continent had seen, but nothing that she had seen in those years prepared her for the horrors she was currently enduring as she clung to her Pegasus mount for dear life. The winged beast of burden flew quickly, keeping pace with the second Pegasus that carried Rowan. The wind stung her eyes as they charged through the night. The only thing stopping her from screaming was the fact that she would probably throw up if she opened her mouth. After what seemed like an eternity, she felt her mount descend slowly and quietly. Yavanna worked up the courage to open one eye, and she saw foliage enveloping them. Soon, she felt a light thump as her mount gracefully landed on the grassy ground in a small clearing. Rowan hopped down lithely, while Yavanna slid down the side of her mount like a gelatinous ooze, dropping to her knees as she made landfall. She hunched over on all fours, trying to get the ground to stop its wild oscillations. She stood up quickly - too quickly, as it would turn out - and immediately threw up at the base of a large tree. Once her last meal was completely evacuated, Yavanna turned to Rowan with a haunted look as she fixed her tousled hair.
"I... just need... a moment." She finished adjusting her hair and took a few deep breaths. "I don't care how long it takes, I'm walking back. What's the plan now?"
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:09 pm

Vala had gone with Andreas to find gear, not that she needed much, or liked to wear much armor. In the end she settled on some vambraces and leg protection. If she lost a hand or foot she wouldn't be punching or kicking many things, and it seemed a wise call. She grabbed a fancy looking helm but put it back shortly after, since it messed with her vision. Then she followed Andreas, deciding that even though she wasn't a knight she didn't see why him and Lilian got to have all the fun at the sally ports. No one complained, commander Kaverra spared her a glance but said nothing. She strung her short bow, grabbed spare arrows and kept out of the way for the time being, letting the knights sort themselves out.  

Lilian waited patiently for orders to be given, crossbow at the ready, sword at her hip. She wished she'd gotten a chance to speak to Fayla alone, but there was no time now, with the army closing in. She might have been better on the wall, if one more crossbow up there would really make a difference, but it wouldn't. She was needed where her powers could be put to use most effectively. Andreas joined her, and she spotted Vala and Fayla nearby. Before she could stop herself she approached the pair. "I uh.." She said sheepishly.. She glanced around, before planting a quick kiss on Fayla's lips. "Don't die. Either of you." She said as she sprang back. She hesistated, Then she heard the call for archers to fire, and turned, still not ready for what was about to come.

There was something odd happening in the city. Umbra noticed, because there was allot of screaming outside. She'd been sleeping until recently, a short catnap, when she'd been woken by panicked people stomping about her inn. Always curious, she ventured outside to look, and was stopped by the innkeeper. "Best stay inside Miss, there's an army approaching the city. An army of dead men if you'd believe. King's ordered those unable to fight to seek shelter until its over." Umbra cocked her head to the side a frowned. "Hmm, that does sound dangerous. Fear not, innkeep, I just want to take a look. I'll be right back." She said. She was out the door before he could protest, walking along the streets, which were empty. But the walls were occupied, by soldiers with spears and bows, waiting for something. Umbra kept walking.

If it wasn't for the pressing reason for their flight, Rowan would have enjoyed the impromptu pegasus ride allot more than Yavanna. He had to check several times to make sure she hadn't fallen off, but was assured each time when he took in the deadgrip she held around the poor animal's neck. Eventually they landed in the forest, and Rowan rewarded his Pegasus with an apple. "Good sky horse." It was no Gryffin, but still just as majestic. Rowan waited for Yavanna to pull herself together and handed her a water skein. "Come on, lets go see if we can't stop Lilianna. Maybe we can even talk her down, but I doubt it."
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:08 pm

Chills ran down Rory's spine as the entirety of the army inched closer. When the order was given, the archer and crossbowmen around him let loose. His arm mounted one was short range, so he had to wait a bit yet before he can start firing that thing off. Hopefully his supply of arrows didn't get raided. The blonde just kept watch over the walls. Only his mother wasn't there, she was somewhere in the city, trying to take care of everyone. Blue Rose was drawn already, so when they get up to the walls, he was ready to cut any down.

~

Aether was still weaponless as trebuchets hurled stones overhead, complete with fire. He did notice a couple larger individual blobs of flesh...more modified like the one that made a hole in the Hold's line. That wasn't good. Seeing where the closest ones were, Aether tried to position himself to intercept them. Those were going to be trouble...

~

Nichol started to fire. The first line was just barely in range, and that was if he really lobbed it. The first shot caught the few others around him by surprise when he actually hit an undead in the eye. He had a short bow afterall. But he was sending them down range. As the horde got closer, he was able to fire faster and still hit something. Still, he wondered if they had enough arrows and rocks or barrels for the seige weapons to keep this up...it barely started, and it already felt like he loosed fifty arrows just by himself...

~

Alura stepped forward after the comment about the surface. The official stopped conversation and nodded at her to speak. "Favius, did you forget that there is a portal gate that connects the surface to this very building? Even if we did collapse it, what makes you believe that they can't resurrect flying mounts like the Pegasus or other flying creatures? The gods forbid even some of the dead dragons buried underneath. With our location, we would be the last ones to be wiped out, but we would not last against those numbers of flyers. Do remember this, Praetors." She stepped back. Everytime Favius spoke, she could feel her brain melt from the stupidity. Luckily, that did shut up the man. For now.

Though that certainly did give some of the smarter ones something to think about. After some more foolishness, the vote was called. Nine for, six against. Though it looked like half of those against were on the fence. Nodding, she bowed respectfully to those gathered and walked out. Rex escorted Trent behind her. "Shade, tell the Sky Guard to ready the wyverns, including Brutus. You heard the forces I suggested to muster. Rex, take our guest to the mess hall, assuming you're hungry, then go to conference room eight. I will brief the forces there."

Shadows merged to form the massive man that was Shade, taller and looked like he had more muscles than three men, he nodded and disappeared again. Rex spoke. "This way. Try not to be too surprised by the overly done meat..." He would lead Trent to the mess hall if he was hungry, or to the conference room if he wasn't.

Alura went back to her office to pick up her trident. She already had her maces on her. The red head saw the letter and picked it up. No sign of foul play anywhere around. Reading the letter, she snorted. "I will do what I feel like is the right course of action. Contact with Mondolin and seeing the situation there first is paramount." She spoke to no one in particular. Crumpling the paper and throwing it away, she left with her trident in hand.

After briefing them all on the situation, with the undead head there to show them, they all understood what needed to be done. Fifteen wyverns, twenty-four kelari, and sixty-eight total soldiers...hopefully that will be enough. The wyverns were spaced out, with Brutus, her thirty foot long, ten foot tall black, gold, and blue beast stood most in front and farther away from anyone else. Alura finished him up for preparation to fly, since she was the only one he actually cared for. Rex inched closer once Alura got on. Trent's Pegasus was there as well. "You lead, we follow, Sir Trent Stilleta. Don't mind me and Brutus, we like the clouds. And the storm that follows us, don't mind it either. Just keep your distance and you'll be fine." Though Shade and his black wyvern with an unusual underbite would be there pretty close to him.

After one last hurrah, off they went. It would still be a long trip before they'll get there...hopefully the city will be still standing...
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:57 pm

Kairi watched as the ranged units on the walls and in the towers unleashed volley after volley of accurate and raking fire. Scores of enemies fell as the curtain of arrows, bolts and rocks claimed them in the name of the living. However, the sheer mass of the undead horde meant that it was only a matter of time before they reached the base of the walls. Kairi peered over the parapet wondering how they had planned to assault the city without siege equipment, but her answer came quickly as she noticed the undead piling themselves against the walls, creating larger and larger piles of bodies. The sheer scale of expendability factored into the undead horde was staggering, but there was a cold logic to it also. Eventually, the undead piled so high that they began to mount the walls in places. Kairi called over her soldier as she hefted her own weapon to readiness.
"Swordsman! Forward!" On her command, Mondolin infantry advanced to combat the intruders, while Mondolin ranged unit fell bakc and volleyed over the fray into the morass below. King Tormir drew his weapon and advanced to the nearest flashpoint, King's Guard in his wake, and Kairi did the same, using her shield to knock bodies from the edge of the wall as she cut her way through the one that had made it up already. She spared a glance over the wall and saw some of the larger shapes amongst the horder drawing closer, before hearing the horn call to signal the Knights of Mondolin's sally charge. May Na'Sora smile on you all.

Fayla had followed Andreas and Vala to Toral's, where he offered them equipment for the coming fight. Like Vala, however, Fayla decided not to don the heavy armor that was available. She was aware, however, that there would be brutal close-quarter combat coming with very little room for maneuver, so her concession to safety was to wear a set of lamed pauldrons of boiled leather that were strapped around her arms and across her chest, along with leather bracers. The pauldrons were tough and riveted together, but would still provide sufficent mobility. Every second lame was engraved with the Mondolin motif, and Andreas had revealed to her that he had originally made them for Lilian, when she was training to be a Knight. The armor pieces that Vala took were also revealed to have been made by Andreas himself, in this case they belonged to Lilian's cousin Max, before he grew out of them. Andreas then equipped his weapons and his own customary outfit, also eschewing heavy armor for mobility, before heading out to the rally point.

Fayla watched as the Humans assembled and took their positions along the base of the wall, splitting into teams with each team occupying a sally port. Lilian chose a moment when she thought no one was looking, and planted a kiss on Fayla's lips, before telling them both no to die. Fayla, blushed noticeably, but her expression held strong.
"That goes for you and your dad too." Overhead, the King's speech echoed throughout the city, and Fayla looked to Vala with a smile. "You know, for a King he seems like a good guy." She looked around at the other soldiers. Though it was unusual, Commander Kaverra had allowed Fayla and Vala to join the Knights for the battle, with Andreas and Lilian vouching for their abilities. They stood with Andreas and Lilian, before a tall and powerfully-built young man approached them and bowed politely. The young man wore a finely crafted suit of armor, and he had a short crop of blonde hair. Fayla didn't recognize him initially, but there was a familial resemblance when the young man smiled wryly at Andreas and Lilian.
Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2) Max10
"Hello there, cousin and uncle. Ready to kick some ass?" Andreas introduced him to Fayla and Vala.
"Girls, this is my nephew and Lilian's cousin, Max." Max Toral smiled at them both.
"Lilian has told me all about you both. It will be an honor to fight at your side." Then, the order was given to sally out, and Fayla looked to Vala with a grin.
"Last one out there's a rotten Ruk egg!"

Yavanna ran alongside Rowan as they entered the depths of the forests of Serenity Valley. Though her mood had improved once they had started traveling by foot adn got the air flowing through her body again, she still was overcome with a sudden feeling of somber introspection. Both her and Rowan had been here when one of the single bloodiest battles in Asmir's history had taken place, and the memories of that battle were re-emerging as they entered the area. Faces of the comrades and friends she had lost then began to fill her mind, making her wonder if they were among the bodies that had been desecrated by Liliana in her desire for power, but she quickly pushed those thoughts aside and focused on the job at hand. They had managed to mostly avoid detection, though they had been forced to destroy a sentry unit in order to create an opening to advance deeper into the forest. Then, confirmation that they were on the right track was apparent. As they emerged from a copse of small deciduous trees, they came across a region where the trees were as dead as leaves that now crunched underfoot. The aura of death was almost suffocating, but it also meant they were close to their mission objective. Yavanna moved forward cautiously, and she spotted a plume of smoke in the distance, the base of which was seemingly some kind of small settlement. She didn't need to alert Rowan to its presence.
"What are the odds of there being a settlement out here, that isn't hers?"
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Thu May 18, 2023 8:53 pm

Umbra walked the base of the wall until she found a stairs, and ascended. No one paid her any mind, all eyes on what lay outside the wall. A massive army was approaching the city. From this distance, it looked like an amalgamation of humans, but she spotted horns in the mix. Was Kyrias invading with some unknown ally? But as they got closer she noticed other things. Like the fact that one individual was missing a jaw, thay shambled rather than walked. One of the soldiers on the wall went pale. "By the gods..." he said, the fear strong in his voice. Umbra didn't blame him. She didn't want to be in Mondolin anymore, either.

Vala grinned at Fayla. "Look at you, blushing at a time like this." She said. They ended up standing with Lilian and andreas, and were soon joined by a handsome tall blonde knight that had Vala's heart skipping a beat. He turned out to be Lilian's cousin. He smiled at them and Vala pushed Fayla out of the way as she held out a hand. "Valatrix of the hornless clan. Yes I'm a heanta, but I promise I don't bite. Hard. Lilian didn't tell me she had a ho-" Vala was interupted by the order to charge. "Time to go smash some zombie skulls. Don't die handsome." She was gone in a flash, dashing past soldiers in the sallyport to come out just behind Fayla and lunged straight for the first zombie she seen to deliver a skull smashing blow to the head that burst like a ripe watermelon. Then she continued to punch, kick, rend, bash, elbow and smash the neverending horde as they came at her.

They had arrived at a small settlement in the middle of serenity valley, after a few close calls with sentries. Yavanna wondered aloud about the odds of multiple settlements being scattered around the valley. "Low, I would say. Even less odds that they would both be guarded by undead. We should get closer. Maybe we can catch her by surprise, end it before it starts." Rowan took a step forward, and a bell tolled, the sound coming from everywhere at once. "Ah. It appears she has warded the perimiter. Fuck." He said, drawing his sword. "Don't feel too bad children, I've known you were lurking out there since the moment you landed."
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Tue May 23, 2023 9:55 pm

Nichol kept firing arrows. There really wasn't any end to them, wasn't there? But overall, they were holding their own so far. But how long could they really keep it up?

~

Rory jumped, and spinned, decapitating two more undead. The militia was doing well, their archers/crossbowmen keeping up a good line of fire. Even with a split attention of focusing on those undead in the army below and those that were on there. Using his speed and general agile style, he was able to keep ahead of the situation and really end a good number before the other spearmen and swordsmen. Rory could tell that their morale was high...for now. But he saw that army...how long could they really keep that up? Shaking his head of the thought, the blonde moved forward, taking off an undead arm, head, leg, and more limbs while those following took care of his scraps.

~

Aether had summoned his spear first and joined the firstt line of spearmen. It didn't take long for him to be switching weapons on a near constant basis, practically juggling between his three different ones. At the soldier's one comment, Aether spoke up. "Whatcha waiting for, soldier? If we don't fight, the city falls. One of you is easily six plus of them! All they have is numbers!" Hopefully that will help get their butts into gear. Then he saw Umbra. "Umbra?! The fuck you doing here? Well, whatever, mind helping us out? We could use all the hands we can get!" Hopefully she will. But similar viewpoints about certain subjects aside, and the one night stand, maybe she'll have some form of duty to helping the end of the world?
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by The Narrator Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:30 pm

Lilianna knew that once her enemies realised she was not in the massive army led by Aristorath, they would come for her. Perhaps to see why she had remained, or simply just to kill her and see if it stopped the army. She expected them to send their strongest warriors, the ones who had killed Aristorath and repelled his invasion on Calixto, Mariel herself even. She wasn’t expecting two warriors on their own. She’d planned a welcoming party for a much larger crowd. Frankly, she was mildly disappointed and insulted. Had they really forgotten just how powerful she was? The Magi who had led an army to one of their greatest victories against the heanta?

The time was almost upon them. Her Great Plan was about to be realised. The last touches on the conduit were being put in place, and all that was left to do was place the Godchain into it, and let her will do the rest. But while she waited, why not remind them who she was. The two warriors crossed her final wards around the camp, and realised they had alerted her. She spoke, casting her voice all around them. "Don't feel too bad children, I've known you were lurking out there since the moment you landed." She waved a hand, and undead around her set to motion. "Come. Join me for some tea. Let me look upon the faces of those who would try to end my life." She remained relaxed, lazing on a chaise under a sunshade, though it was evening now. The area around her was lit with little lights of magic.

*********************************************************************************************************

Aristorath stood stoically as his forces threw themselves upon Mith Silvanus like water crashing upon a sea wall. The defenders unleashed volley after volley at the undead swarm, but just as fast as the arrow-fire shredded their lines, the undead soldiers were replaced by more of the same. The Knights of Mondolin then began to sally out of the sally-ports, and caused real damage to the front lines. Despite this, the bodies piled up and up until the undead began to trickle up to the parapets, where the defenders were forced into melee. This caused the volume of arrow-fire to lessen, which in turn made it easier for the undead horde to scale the walls via their comrades. Aristorath knew that the gate was the real objective, as the defenders were more than able to hold the walls indefinitely. He just needed time, which his near endless minions guaranteed him. He focused on the task assigned to him by his mistress, and continued to gather energy from the dead.

King Tormir surveyed the scene before him stoically. Though the enemies were neutralised in their droves, some still managed to make it onto the battlements. As swords and bodies clashed, the King decided that things were going more-or-less as expected. He saw the undead encroaching on his section of wall, and his King’s Guard advanced to address the threat. Tormir also got involved, despite his men’s best efforts to keep him from danger. Already-dead soldiers were un-alived for a second time as the fighting grew fiercer by the minute. The defenders were also taking losses, but so far, things were just about holding. That was, until the King looked towards the battlefield, and saw a light that would change everything.

Aristorath smiled as the last of the energy he needed joined the rest in an enormous ball of purple light. The undead necromancer casually flicked the ball, and it rolled ominously towards the gate of Mith Silvanus. King Tormir shouted to those that could hear.
“WATCH OUT! INCOMING!” Some magical blasts and projectiles launched from various sources towards the ball, but it was to no avail as the ball continued inexorably on target. Troops on top of the gatehouse began to panic and scarper, before the unthinkable happened. The energy ball struck the gate and its housing, and detonated in a massive explosion. The conflagration reduced the legendary gate to splinters, as well as demolishing almost the entire gatehouse. Any poor soul that hadn’t made it off the gatehouse was killed instantly, while there were numerous collateral casualties from collapsing masonry and shattered wood.

King Tormir raised himself gingerly from where he had fallen as the wall section he was standing on had fragmented. Somehow, he had managed to not fall to his death, instead tumbling down the collapsing battlement and landing in the mouth of the destroyed gatehouse. He stood with the help of his sword, and looked out towards the battlefield as the enemy horde began to mass like a wall of angry hornets. From behind, soldiers of Mondolin and Knights alike looked on in shock as their once impregnable city lay exposed to the evil that moved to claim it. King Tormir coughed as his health once again questioned him, but he then straightened up and gripped his weapon in two hands. As if lifted by some divine purpose, the King seemed to glow with a golden aura as his voice boomed. “RALLY TO ME!” Several voices rang out into the night in unison.
“TO THE KING! HURRY!” Tormir turned as the forces of Mondolin converged on his position and braced.
“FOR MONDOLIN! CHARGE!” The war cry went up, and the King charged forward ahead of his hastily assembling Guard. The soldiers of Mondolin now no longer fought for their city, but for their very survival.
The Narrator
The Narrator
Beginner
Beginner

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:31 pm

Yavanna heard the alarm wards as Rowan pointed it out. A low bell tolled in the distance as Rowan drew his sword. Yavanna looked around at their surroundings, gripping the hilt of her own weapon as she readied a quick-draw, and her demeanor was now deadly serious.
"Well, it was a nice thought. Let's get this over with." A melodic but subliminally malicious voice echoed in the forest around them, dripping in condescension. Yavanna dropped her voice to a whisper as she looked for the source of the voice. "This is it, I guess. Either we go down, or she does." They moved further into the spider's web, and an assortment of magical lights became visible in the distance. Yavanna made the mental preparations that she had developed across her vast career, calling upon all of her experience to compartmentalize her fears and say her goodbyes to all she cares for, adopting a persona of pure professionalism. As the chaise came into view along with the woman who lay atop it, Yavanna glanced at Rowan as she drew her sword. "It's been an honor to fight alongside you again, my old friend."

Kairi watched volley after volley rain down upon the undead horde, before the first undead intruders began to mount the battlements. The defenders began to fight in melee, and Kairi moved to the next section of the wall to help out as a particular large clump of enemies reached the top of the wall and began to cause havoc. She began to cut down undead fighters while attempting the block reinforcements from making landfall with her shield. So far, they seemed to be holding the line, though Kairi knew the effort could not be maintained indefinitely. The source of the breakpoint, however, was not expected. Kairi decapitated an undead soldier before the warning cry from the King went up. She looked up to see the massive energy ball hurtling towards the city gates, and could only watch as it exploded against the gatehouse, reducing it to rubble and splinters, along with parts of the surrounding wall.

Kairi peered over her shield as its barrier ability ended and the dust and fragments rained down onto the wall in front of her. Fearing the worst, she ran to the edge of the destoyed wall and looked down to see King Tormir and what remained of his King's Guard rallying the trrops behind the wallto the breach, before leading them out and into the fray as the gates of Novaris opened in front of them to swallow them whole. Kairi turned to the infantry troops who were still on the walls. The undead had ceased climbing the ramparts and instead were converging on the breached gate, so that became the focal point now. She sheathed her weapon and holstered her shield as she headed for the stairs down.
"MARKSMAN, COVER US! INFANTRY, TO THE KING!"

Fayla and Vala's movements were in complete sync as they made yet another foray from the sally ports into the fray. Though they couldn't stop the horde from reaching the walls and assailing the defenders, they were able to inflict considerable damage on the enemy which took some of the pressure off. Fayla was about to turn around to return to the sally port, when she spotted a nightmarish sight. A massive energy ball moved ominously towards the gate, and Fayla looked at Vala, though the Heanta had already spotted it too. To their horror, the fabled gates of Mith Silvanus, defenses that had weathered a massive combined Orken and Heanta assault centuries ago, were reduced to debris in an instant. Nearby, Andreas and Max looked on with shock and disbelief, while even the normally-granite Marina Kaverra seemed to hesitate for a moment. The undead horde turned their attention from the walls, and began to converge on the breached gates.

Fayla looked to Kaverra and the others. The Knight-Commander took a breath, before giving the order.
"TO THE KING!" The Knights let out a cry of acknowledgement, before also converging on the shattered gates. What followed was a bloodier and more vicious scene than what Fayla Shor had ever experienced. Blades and armor clashed as the defenders of Mith Silvanus clashed with the endless undead horde in a battle for the ages. Andreas Toral and his family were nearby, fighting desperately for their home. Despite how dire things were, Fayla couldn't help but smile at Vala as she withdrew her blade from the back of an undead soldier.
"How many are you up to now?" Though she put up a brave front, there was a feeling of dread in her heart as she remembered what the masters of these enemies had done to her in the forests of Serenity Valley. She looked around and saw the King fighting furiously alongside his Guard. She whistled to Vala and gestured to the King. If they were going to muster the strength to get out of this, the King needed to survive. Fayla cut a path through the horde to the King's side, and defended him with her life.
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:48 pm

After Lilianna's very direct invitation Rowan and Yavanna moved through the grounds of the camp towards a cluster of mage lights that floated in the air around the very relaxed looking eldari woman. Rowan was surprised that she showed no signs of her advanced age, most Eldari tended to go a little silver in the hair after 600 years or more, but she looked ageless, and beautiful and beneath that extremely dangerous, like a ornate sword, gilded and razor sharp. Yavanna drew her sword and Rowan followed suit, watching Lilanna intently. "Same. Lets hope this isn't our last fight together." He said. He walked to the right, in preperation to blitz her with a flurry of blows in an attempt to draw her attention and leave her open to Yavanna's follow up. He didn't need to communicate this to Yavanna. They had fought together for so long she would know exactly what he planned. Lilianna hadn't moved an inch, just watched them with a slight smile. Rowan took his stance, and waited for the right moment to begin his strike.

"Finally make it to mondolin, and this happens." Umbra mutter to herself. Umbra looked up, surprised when someone called her name. It was even more surprising to see Aether, that one night stand from Oleas. "I could ask you the same thing." She said as Aether moved on, asking for her help. She looked at him perplexed. "What, like, to fight those things? What even are those things." She said. They were coming over the walls now, and she backed away. "I should probably just get out of the way." She started to retreat down the wall, when One of the things lunged at the human next to her and the man just let it take him to the ground, frozen in fear. His eyes met hers, and she remembered her humans in Kyrias, loving and trusting pets, and she felt a pang of guilt as the dead thing raised a rusty sword. "Oh fine." With the flick of her wrist the sword clattered to the stone, arm severed in four places by magnificent golden talons, ranging from 12 to 9 inches long, and the next strike eviscerated the creature's head.

Umbra reached a hand down as her form shifted from human to Heanta. "Don't panic, I'm on your side." She said. The Dumbfounded human took her hand and she helped him up, then stepped around him to address Aether. "What in Novaris is going on?" She asked. Once answered, she would nod. She turned and adressed the humans on the wall. "Give me some room, I'm not great with these things." She said, brandishing her claws. Then she started swinging, and body parts started flying. The soldiers on the wall gave her some room, using their shields to funnel the undead towards her, then stabbing at heads with spears to stop her from being overwhelmed.

She wasn't sure how long passed, before the wall began to tremble. She looked around, expecting something big to arrive, when she spotted the giant ball of energy bowling towards the gates a few hundred feet away. Umbra looked on in confusion, and then disbelief as the ball hit the wall, or gate, and erupted in an earth shattering kaboom, the shockwave knocking unsuspecting soldiers to the ground. There was a scream as a nearby soldier lost his balance and fell backwards off the wall, hitting the pavement far below with a tickening shud. She looked at Aether, alarm in her eyes. "What the fuck was that?!"

Everything was going well. To well, Vala was starting to think, as she and Fayla cut another swath through the undead with ease. She kept a close eye on Lilian and andreas who faught together, unleashing salvo of crossbow bolts into the enemy with their repeating crossbows before falling back to reload. If the entire army had those crossbows, this horde would be nothing. Unfortunately they didn't and the enemy had more than just a horde, it had mages cabable of launching bowling balls of death at them from down field. Vala expected it to get close and explode in an attempt to kill as many people as possible, but instead it bounced right into the gate with such destructive force that the shockwave knocked her on her ass, and left nothing but rubble where the gate had been.

Vala was back on her feet in a second and surveyed the damage. The gate was gone, the wall the kind had been standing on crumbled. Several not so lucky knights hadn't made it out of the way in time, but she spotted Lilian staring on in shock, unharmed. She heard the knight commander cry out a charge command to join the king, why led the way against the horde that now swarmed towards the breached gate. If they got into the streets, countless people would die before they could be hunted down. Fayla pointed towards the king and Vala nodded, joining in on the charge as Fayla asked how many Vala was up to out of nervousness. Vala grinned. ""Pretty sure I'm closing on one hundred." There was no more time for talk as they joined the fray and Vala started dishing out bone crunching strikes. The undead had gained in ferocity, and several a knight next to her was taken down and stabbed by a cluster of undead. Vala kicked and punched and pulled them off, but she was to late, and more undead surged towards her. Energy surged in her body and She thurst her fists forward, launching off a short ranged explosive strike, something she'd learned to do not long after killing that necromancer in Calixto. It inpacted the closest and blew him to bits, killing a few around him. Vala took a moment to breath, then got back into the fighting.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

Aether gave a little bit of a humorless laugh. "Shit happened, ended up joining Sunshield Hold. These are undead soldiers." He tried to explain as he fought off three of them, soon severing their heads. "Eldari and her Heanta friend went to Serenity Valley, found these guys, retreated. Big baddie sent an army after them, we helped them there. Big Baddies then sent everyone to here." Little did he know that Umbra actually knew who he was talking about. During his small rundown, he still lopped off a few more heads and pushed a few more down the wall.

Luckily, Umbra decided to join in. Switching to his spear, he joined the others in funneling the undead to her, and him stabbing the zombies to make sure she didn't get overwhelmed. Then the rumble happened. And the explosion at the gate when a ball of energy hit it. The shockwave sent him all the way back to a tower. When Umbra asked what that was, he didn't have an answer, but he knew what it meant. "The gate's been breached. But we can't let whatever let that off fire that again! I'm going to Thorne to see if I can grab some volunteers to go take it out!"

"It's the same guy that blew himself up! I could barely see him with my goggles!" With an uncharacteristic display of emotion, Nichol piped up behind Aether. Nodding at the boy, Aether started to give orders. "Anyone that's using a melee weapon, to me! We're going to reinforce that opening! Everything's going there from now on! It'll be a meat grinder. Archers, keep firing! If you run out of arrows, throw rocks, barrels, anything you can get your grubby hands on! Umbra, why don't you join me, too. With those claws, you're sure to be a godsend." With that, he went for the opening.

When he got there, he gathered up dust and stone, and sent a boulder down, crushing a couple of undead just before they smashed right into some knights. He soon found Kiari there was well, also just barely getting into the frey. "Kiari! Nichol said it was the same guy from the village! We need to take him out before he fires any more of those magic blasts!" He kicked one undead, and trasitioned to cutting off a couple more heads. "Permission to grab some volunteers?!" Assuming he could get them out of the city and at the guy.

~

Rory and the rest of the militia and soldiers were blown back. When it dawned them what happened, his father and sister practically ordered him to go help. With a nod, he ran there fast as he could. When he got there, Vala and Fayla were still fighting to their hearts' content. Glowing silver, he zipped twenty feet into a swing that covered both the women from three more undead. The front most part of his hair was blue, and if they were observant enough, they'd see that his eye color was a more solid blue than before. "If you got time to talk, you got time to kill them!" Perhaps he was a bit too serious for the usual happy go lucky Rory. Still, he joined the women in cutting a swath to the king and joining him and his royal guard in the melee.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down