Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» Caelum of the Skygaurd(orgoth, R-1 rank up)
by Zenke Today at 1:45 pm

» The Reluctant Warrior (Open)
by Zenke Today at 1:10 am

» Ghosts of the Past - Aftermath
by Orgoth Mon May 06, 2024 12:29 am

» Gohan Maedar Skill Sheet
by Orgoth Sun May 05, 2024 3:16 am

» Gohan Maedar
by Jun Sat May 04, 2024 2:12 am

» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

» Duty and War(Rowan/Yavanna Rank Up)
by Orgoth Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:01 pm

» A Dragon's Heart (Part 1)
by The Narrator Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 am

Affiliates

The Magus of Flowers Appears!

2 posters

Go down

The Magus of Flowers Appears! Empty The Magus of Flowers Appears!

Post by GRYMM Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:27 pm

Ah, the vibrant city of Mith Verdanus. It's been a while, eh, Caith Pulag? Thought a young looking man, bringing his hand up to pet the creature on his shoulder. The man had long, messy white hair, reaching down his back, even in it's ponytail state. He was pale, and his eyes were currently two different colors. The left one was yellow, and the right one was purple. He was wearing his usual outfit, of a skin tight, sleeveless black shirt, over which he wore a white cloak, with a frilled deep V collar of multiple colors. The colors were currently white, and red. The cloak had a clasp, made of a golden, silky material, tied in a three loop bow, with an X made of the same material over that. He then had a white hood, which also covers his shoulders, tied by a pink knot, but also having two x’s next to the knot, with blue fabric hanging behind them. The shoulders of the hood also had pink, feather like protrusions under them. He then had a pair of black, very wide trousers, with a golden six-pointed log on the front of them, and a pair of black boots, with intricate designs in a lesser shade of black on them. The creature on his shoulder was the same size as a small cat, and it's fur was the same color as Merlin's hair, and it also had rabbit-like ears. This man was the Eldari, Merlin. The Magus of Flowers.

As Merlin walked around town, he didn't remember what had possessed him to make the journey here, but he did know it had something to do with the messenger that the Golden Council had sent to his tower. He flew off, in his falcon form, and had simply laded here, and was enjoying every second of it. Most of the humans here had no idea who he was, which was fun in its own right, but they were also some of the most artistic, some of them even matched the Eldari artisans Merlin knew, back home. Lost in his own world, he didn't even notice the person coming towards, and bumped into them. Merlin, gracefully, stayed on his feet, but shook his head, to come back to the real world. Holding out his hand to the person, he smiled, and said, "Sorry. I must've been lost in my mind. I usually am more aware than that." He blinked, changing his eyes to both be blue.

Tristan Bahamat - The Red Ranger - A-5
Merlin - The Magus of Flowers - A-4
Arthur Ferrum Aurora - The Knight of the Sunlit Sky - A-2
Siegfried des Sturm - The Stormdrake - A-2
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Experience : 1235

Resources
Resources: 14000

https://www.twitch.tv/grimm_ember

Back to top Go down

The Magus of Flowers Appears! Empty Re: The Magus of Flowers Appears!

Post by Orgoth Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:19 am

In the main cemetery of the Human city of Mith Verdanus, a lone figure in a white cloak with the hood drawn stood in a solitary vigil. She read and re-read the inscription on the memorial stone in front of her. It read: In loving memory of Karl and Catherine Grayston of Grayston Farm. Survived by one daughter. The figure stooped and placed a single sunflower on the shelf in front of the stone, and quietly recited an Eldari prayer of safe travels. It was a beautiful day in the southern region of the Kingdom of Mondolin, and a bird's mournful song carried across the cemetery, as if nature itself was aware of the reflection of the lone figure. Squaring her shoulders and taking a deep breath, the figure turned and walked away from the stone and the cemetery. Kairi Thorne left the past, and focused on the future.

Kairi had come to Mith Verdanus, as she had done regularly for the last few years of her life, to visit family. She had believed she had no more family, and even when her adoptive mother Randalla Thorne(whose name Kairi had taken as a sign of gratitude and respect) informed her that she had tracked down relatives of Kairi's biological mother, Kairi hesitated to act. She was sure they had forgotten all about her. But at Randalla's urging, Kairi traveled to Mith Verdanus to meet with William Dale, Catherine's brother and Kairi's uncle. Uncle William was overcome with joy at the discovery of his niece, and radiated the pure good that made Kairi take pride in the fact that her mother's family was so warm and safe.

Kairi had bidden goodbye to Uncle William, and decided to visit the marketplace to stock up on travel supplies for the journey back to Sunshield Hold. That was her new home now, but it was a safe and warm feeling to know that she also had a home here too. She was broken out of her reverie by a man walking straight into her. She kept her balance and turned to see the man apologize and extend his hand in friendship. Kairi took the hand and shook amicably. "It's alright. I was daydreaming a little as well. My name is Kairi. Kairi Thorne." She looked at the man's appearance. He was definitely an Eldari, but there was something familiar about him. She inquired politely. "Excuse me, but you wouldn't be Merlin, by any chance? The Magus of Flowers?" She was sure it was him. She had read about his exploits in the library at Sunshield Hold, but she had never met him in person.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Miral Nerys and Inara R-1 Eldross
Yavanna Elbereth E-1 Eldari
Armagand Kor A-5 Asentari
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Kanetsugu Nakamura A-5 Kijin
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Experience : 1783

Resources
Resources: 31640

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:52 pm

Merlin nodded at Kairi, as she said she was daydreaming. "Ah, my favorite past-time. Don't let me stop you. that's where some of my favorite ideas came from." He scratched Caith Pulag, as she, correctly, asked if he was Merlin. "One point. You are correct! It is rare for people to know me by sight, much less a human. Where did you find out about me, if I may ask? I love learning new things." And he was correct. Any chance to learn something new, Merlin would take it, and if the human's had any info on him, he would very much like to see it.

Merlin's head then cocked to the side, as he looked at Kairi's sword. "If you do not mind me asking, Ms. Kairi Thorne, but what brings you to this town of art? Someone holding a sword like that, I would think you would be travelling the Freelands, not admiring the art here, in Mith Verdanus." Merlin wasn't trying to be mean, but the sword had now peaked his interest.

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:32 pm

Kairi bowed in polite deference when Merlin confirmed his identity. "I thought so! It is an honor to meet you sir." Merlin inquired about just how Kairi knew about him. A fair question, she thought, as it would not be as common perhaps for a Human to know of him. But know of him she did, having studied Eldari history in great detail in Sunshield Hold. She regarded the elder man politely. "Ah, that is due to my studies in Sunshield Hold. I found the Eldari and their magical innovations to be very interesting. You in particular, if you don't mind me saying. Your exploits during the Second War are well-documented, and there are not many Eldari that can change their eye color at will." She eyed the staff Merlin carried. She had heard of the magical experiment he had carried out to empower the staff, at the cost of his own power. The Merlin of today was only a fraction as powerful as the Merlin of legend, but that didn't diminish Kairi's respect for the Eldari mage.

Merlin then inquired about Kairi's reason for being in Mith Verdanus, paying particular attention to Starlight, her sword that was sheathed at her hip. "That is true. I do normally travel the Free Lands. I undertake missions for the Order of the Sun. But I have made a point to visit here whenever I can. This was the birthplace of my parents, and I still have family here." Kairi looked a little sheepish. "I was actually just coming from my uncle's house, when I was caught gazing at the colors of the plaza, and then I ran into you."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:48 am

Merlin raised an eyebrow. "Sir? No, no, no. I am not "sir". I am simply Merlin, nothing else." She told him, of her studies in Sunshield Hold. "Ah, a human after my own heart. Magic is simply wonderful, is it not?" Merlin asked, going past the mention of the Second War. He raised his hand, quite theatrically. "Magic is a process to make dreams reality. My eye color changing is simply the tip of the iceberg, my girl. Magic is as diverse as the races here on Ka'Lesa, and some places farther beyond." 

Kairi stated that she was in the Order of the Sun. "I've heard of your order. I pondered joining, as your values match my own, but I much prefer my freedom." Merlin nodded at her. "This city is quite fun to look at. Do not feel bad for looking at it. I've been visiting this city for years, and it always excites me, for some reason." Merlin looked around. "It is strange for me to visit a town more than a few times. Hmm." He pondered this, rubbing his chin.

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:36 pm

Kairi looked sheepish when Merlin corrected her for calling him 'sir'. "Oh, I do apologize sir- I mean Merlin." Kairi noticed the great mage avoided the mention of the war. Maybe the memories of the war caused him pain. Kairi could sympathize. The burden of memory could weigh down even the strongest of minds. Merlin instead preferred to talk about magic, and he did so with a dramatic flair that wouldn't look out of place on a stage. Kairi's smile was genuine. "Fascinating, truly. It is rare to meet someone with such an open viewpoint."

Merlin mentioned that he had been tempted by the Order of the Sun, but preferred his freedom. Kairi looked thoughtful. "I understand. One doesn't have to be attached in order to do good." The conversation then moved onto Mith Verdanus. The City of Color, as it is known across Ka'Lesa, was truly a wonder of art and beauty. Artists and patrons from all across the Kingdom of Mondolin traveled here, with regular festivals and events being held in the Amaranth Square, where Kairi and Merlin stood. The Eldari mentioned how he never ventured to a town more than a few times, with Mith Verdanus being the only exception. Kairi gazed around the square as she spoke. "I'm not surprised. Many are drawn here by the city's beauty. I myself initially only came here to visit family, but once I did I found myself spending more and more time here." Kairi inclined her head slightly. "I suppose in a world as chaotic and dangerous as ours, things of true beauty are all the more captivating."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:45 pm

Merlin chuckled, at her slip-up. How he loved to make people uncomfortable. He nodded at her words. "I am considered.....quite an oddity amongst my people. However, my viewpoints have helped the Eldari out, I like to think. In fact, because of it, I may be able to visit the Heanta city, Av'eden." He put Caih Pulag on the ground, as he listened to her. The creature looked at him, before bounding off. He shook his head, before turning back to Kairi. "Indeed. The world has grown quite chaotic. I'm wondering why that is." 

He turned back to her. "I'm quite famished. You wouldn't mind taking me somewhere with some good food, would you?" Merlin had been here quite often, but even he didn't know everything the city had to offer. And, it would allow him to continue this conversation, and it was quite captivating, if only for him. Kairi was interesting to Merlin, only because she knew about Eldari history. "If not, we could get some tea. I am always up for a good cup of tea."

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:18 pm

Kairi listened attentively as Merlin explained how he had been trying to spread his viewpoint among the Eldari, in the hoppe of softening their stance towards the Heanta. He also expressed a desire to visit the Heanta capital of Av'Eden. She pondered this for a moment as she watched him put his companion on the ground, only for the creature to wander off into the city. He wondered aloud about the reasons that the world was in such a chaotic state. Kairi had wondered that herself, but deep down she knew that it was the very differences in people that Merlin cherished that caused much of the chaos. "I suppose most people lack the wisdom... actually I believe perspective is a better term. People perhaps lack the perspective to see past what makes us unique in order to embrace what we have in common."

Merlin suddenly brought the discussion back to reality when he mentioned that he was hungry, asking if she knew a good place to get food or tea. Kairi nodded and smiled warmly. "Of course. I know just the place." Kairi brought the Eldari to a small food and drink outlet that overlooked Amaranth Square. She had visited this place before, often marveling at the view. She took her seat as a young girl approached to take their order. Kairi looked at Merlin. "They serve very good food here, and they have herbal teas that are good for thinking." Kairi ordered a hot cross bun and a cup of Singalian tea, then let Merlin decide. When their food and drinks arrived, she studied the bun for a moment and sipped her tea. "So, what is the Golden City like?" Kairi had never been, as it was highly uncommon for non-Eldari to visit the fabled Gilderan, the Golden City of the Eldari.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:39 pm

Merlin listened as Kairi had a very well thought out answer, to his question. "That is....quite an interesting answer, my child. It is better than my theory anyway. I believe it had something to do with rum-spiked bread...." Of course, Merlin was only kidding. But, messing with others was a favorite pastime of his. His eyes lit up, when Kairi said she did know a place to eat. "Marvelous. I will follow you." As they arrived, Merlin noted it was small. Which meant, he could come here, and be not be bothered by the larger crowds that often hung around bigger shops. 

As they sat, Kairi explained they had good food, and good tea. She ordered then, then Merlin did. "I would like a sweet roll, please. And the same tea as my companion, here." The food, and drinks came, and Merlin took a bite, savoring the sweetness, as Kairi asked about the Golden city. "Hmmm. Beautiful in it's architecture. As I'm sure your aware, when the Eldari build something, they prefer it to look pretty." He scratched his chin. "However, there problems there, as in any city. The current crop on the Golden Council are much to stuck in old ways, and only keeping our people safe. I have argued with those children time, and time again, but, well. They would prefer me to stay in my tower, and not visit." He took a sip of tea. "Mayhaps you will visit someday. I do not believe that the Eldari will stay closed off forever. Not if I have anything to say about it." His smile vanished, and stared calmly at his tea. "We have lost too much to be stuck on an island creating pretty mirrors, and bows in shape of antlers. Afraid of what lies beyond." He sighed, before shaking his head, returning the smile to his face,but also changing his eye color again, to a deep blue. "What is the Sunlight Hold like, if I may ask? It is one of the few places I have a need to visit. Well, need is a strong word. More, a small interest."

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:55 pm

Kairi smiled as Merlin ordered a sweet roll and some tea. Merlin then explained about the aesthetic appeal of the Eldari's capital city. Kairi had heard of the wonder of Eldari architecture before, as their way of constructing buildings and equipment that was beautiful without sacrificing functionality was legendary. Merlin's mood turned slightly more serious then, when the conversation shifted to the current political climate within the Eldari nation. Kairi had read about how the Eldari, since the destruction of the Forests of Harodiel and the near extinction of the Eldross race almost a century ago, had become more insular as their ruling class aged. Merlin's tone was tinged with slight bitterness as he stared at his tea.

The mood changed suddenly then when Merlin asked about Sunshield Hold. Kairi's eyes lit up, but stopped short of actually changing color like Merlin's did. The fondness she felt for her adopted homeland. She stirred her tea idly as she spoke. "Of course. You would be most welcome. Sunshield Hold lacks the grandeur of the Mith Silvanus, but what it lacks in scale it makes up for in warmth. We make the most out of the land and our resources, and the community spirit we cherish makes everything better. The Hold itself is an old Mondolin installation, but with care and attention it has become a home for all." Kairi finished her bun and glanced at Merlin in curiosity. "How is your sweet roll and tea?" A mild breeze swept through the concourse, making the banners and tapestries flutter gently.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:15 pm

Merlin noticed that Kairi's eyes lit up, when he asked about Sunshield Hold. He listened intently, as Kairi explained about the Hold. Nodding as she finished, he took another gulp of tea. "I will definitely have to visit then. Maybe, you'll be there, and can show me around the Hold." He scratched his chin. "My food is fine. Don't worry, I like this spot. I will most likely return, when I come back to this city." He did notice the that she seemed curious about something.

"If you have something to ask, you should ask. I will not judge any question. I, despite what it appears to the other Eldari, love to give knowledge to others." He stated matter-of-factly. Whether she asked a question or not, he decided to see just how far the members of the Sunlight Covenant would stretch their morals. "If a war between all the races did, somehow, happen, how would your organization handle it, I wonder." He knew this question might shock Kairi, but she seemed smart, and capable of an earnest answer. Plus, it would give Merlin a better understanding of the Sunlight Covenant. New knowledge was his main focus, after all.

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:21 pm

Kairi beamed when Merlin stated his interest in visiting the Hold. "Oh, please do. You would be most welcome." He also made a note to visit this food outlet again, the next time that he was in Mith Verdanus. Merlin recognized her look of curiosity and offered her a chance to say what was on her mind. In truth, she was just absorbing everything, from Merlin's words to how he reacted to his surroundings and Kairi's presence. She looked sheepish when she replied. "I'm sorry, it's just I've read extensively about the Eldari, and you are not at all how I imagined one to be like, and I do mean it in a complementary sense."

The conversation suddenly became serious when Merlin wondered aloud what the Sunlight Covenant would do in the event of full-scale war on Asmir Ka'Lesa. Kairi pondered this for a moment, wondering if Merlin was testing her or if he was simply curious. "Well, given the limited size of our forces, any decision on action would be taken very carefully." She gazed into the distance across the square, speaking entirely from her heart. "Our mission ultimately is cooperation, and while I'm not sure if we would be able to stop such a war, we would strive to protect the people who are not involved in the war. A war should be fought by soldiers and generals, not farmers and children. A peaceful world begins from the ground up. I believe that would be our main objective." Kairi's gaze refocused and she glanced at Merlin with a slightly forlorn look in her eyes. "While I hope we can avoid that scenario, there is too much conflict in the world. War will happen. All we can do is be ready to protect what is important."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:56 am

Merlin laughed, much harder than he meant to, when Kairi said that he was nothing like she had imagined an Eldari to be like. "I'm a bit of.....an enigma when placed next to others of my race. You shouldn't base all of you opinions off of me. The Eldari are quite diverse, in personalities, just the same as humans, and Heanta. For example, I know quite a young Eldari, and, while she share many views with me, there is such a difference in the both of us, I believe you could fill a canyon with it."

Merlin listened attentively, as Kairi explained what she believed her organization would do. He clapped his hands. "Well said. I think you all will do fine." He stretched in his seat, before talking again. "If I may, I would tell you some of my philosophy. The way that things stand now, I agree. War will come. It is a sad truth, and it will likely happen, time, and time again. However, what matters is what you do in a war. During the Second Great War is where I made my name known to the world at large. However, in doing so, I brought harm to beings who I had no problem with. I have always regretted taking part. So, my advice to you, and your allies, is this: Do not enter a fight, unless you truly can handle what comes after."

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Merlin mentioned another Eldari that shared the same viewpoint as himself, but who was still markedly different in other ways. He then applauded when Kairi finished explaining what the Sunlight Covenant would do in a war situation. She felt his applause was genuine, and she listened as he explained some of his beliefs. Merlin expressed regret in his involvement in the Second Great War, and the harm it caused. He concluded his talk with some advice. Kairi nodded in understanding. "I understand. The small size of the Sunlight Covenant means that we have to carefully consider any engagement, and judge whether the result will justify the cost." Kairi took another sip of tea and gazed out into the city again. "We do not wish to fight, but circumstances may emerge that force us to be decisive in our choices. We fight only when absolutely necessary."

Music began to fill the air around Kairi and Merlin. She looked down over the balcony to the ground level below. "Do you like music, Merlin? I forgot, the Green Minstrels are playing this afternoon. Would you like to to go and take a look?" Assuming Merlin accepted, Kairi walked over to the counter and paid their bill, then returned to Amaranth Square, where the Green Minstrels were playing music in the center of the square. The Minstrels were a musical troupe that toured Mondolin, playing their unique blend of classic and New Age genres. They also used to visit Karem, before the Karemma Guild fell and the Nyberrite Alliance seized control of the city. Kairi leaned against a pillar and folded her arms, absorbing the music and the atmosphere. The square had filled up with patrons wishing to listen to the Minstrels, as well as peddlers selling snacks and refreshments.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:54 am

Merlin nodded, when she said that they would fight, only when necessary. He coked his head to the side, as she asked him if he liked music. "Of course. The Eldari musicians are quite good, and they are one of the few things I miss, on account of my not going to our main city. So yes, I will accompany you to see these Green Mistrels." He followed her over the the Square, and listened to them. He thoroughly enjoyed this, but, after a little while of listening, he felt a tug from near his feet. 

Looking down, he saw the Cath Pulag had returned to him. Picking the creature up, and putting it up to his shoulder, it would appear to anyone looking at Merlin, that the creature was whispering in his ear. Nodding his head, he turned to Kairi. "It has been quite a fun day, Miss Kairi. But, my companion here has informed me of something.....important that may require my attention. I hope this doesn't make you think less of me." Whether Kairi answered, or not, Merlin would dip into a low bow, changing his eye color once again, to red. As he walked away, he began his transfiguration into his falcon form, and flew away from his favorite human city. It appears I picked a good time to return to the world, it seems. He chuckled to himself, in his own mind.

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:00 pm

Kairi lost track of the time as Merlin and herself stood in the square and listened to the Minstrels play. She glanced at Merlin as he seemingly became distracted by his familiar. They appeared to converse for a moment, which would seem strange if Kairi wasn't already aware of Merlin's power. Talking to animals would not be outside the realms of possibility. Merlin turned to Kairi and excused himself, apologizing if he appeared rude. Kairi shook her head and smiled warmly. "No, not at all. If you have business to attend to, then it should be attended to. I'm just glad you enjoyed it, Merlin." She returned his bow and waved at Cath Pulag. "Safe travels, Merlin." Merlin left in the form of a falcon. She waved him off and then turned to head back to the inn to get some rest for the next day. She had some work to do then.

Thread End

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down