Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» The Reluctant Warrior (Open)
by Zenke Yesterday at 12:18 pm

» Caelum of the Skygaurd(orgoth, R-1 rank up)
by Zenke Fri May 10, 2024 10:43 pm

» A Prince's Secret (open?)
by Zenke Fri May 10, 2024 8:02 pm

» Ghosts of the Past - Aftermath
by Orgoth Mon May 06, 2024 12:29 am

» Gohan Maedar Skill Sheet
by Orgoth Sun May 05, 2024 3:16 am

» Gohan Maedar
by Jun Sat May 04, 2024 2:12 am

» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

» Duty and War(Rowan/Yavanna Rank Up)
by Orgoth Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:01 pm

Affiliates

New Friends and New Missions! (Orgoth, definitely not Parry)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Friends and New Missions! (Orgoth, definitely not Parry) - Page 2 Empty Re: New Friends and New Missions! (Orgoth, definitely not Parry)

Post by Orgoth Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:06 pm

Kairi brightened considerably when Rex revealed a small smile of his own. He said that he had been given a book recommendation by Lilian, which expanded his viewpoint to what he currently believed, which was that Humans and Asentari had more in common with eachother than either side tended to think. He then acknowledged that Alura wouldn't have taken an interest in him if she didn't think he had something in him to offer, before bolstering his resolve to be himself in spite of any of his detractors. Kairi nodded with a warm smile and offered a handshake to the young man. "That's all I ask, that you simply simply show Asmir who Rex von Broven is." He thanked her, and she shook her head. "Oh, that was in you all along. I simply nudged you a little to let it out."

Once Rex had warned her to not upset Lucassius' "pups", Kairi had nodded and excused herself politely before heading down to where Lucassius was still eating outside the tavern. She was not too familiar with Asentari wildlife, so she simply employed the experience she had gained in the Free Lands and Endaron, moving slowly and non-threateningly and making no sudden movements. She approached the young man and bowed respectfully. "Hello there. I don't mean to disturb your meal, and I won't take up too much of your time. I just wanted to say that Rex performed admirably out in the forest, and that if you give him a chance you will not be disappointed. He is a caring and brave young man with loyalty to a fault. Perfect for leading a family." She smiled warmly, and said no more for fear of antagonizing the young man.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Miral Nerys and Inara R-1 Eldross
Yavanna Elbereth E-1 Eldari
Armagand Kor A-5 Asentari
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Kanetsugu Nakamura A-5 Kijin
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Experience : 1793

Resources
Resources: 31640

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Friends and New Missions! (Orgoth, definitely not Parry) - Page 2 Empty Re: New Friends and New Missions! (Orgoth, definitely not Parry)

Post by Jun Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:11 pm

The Kelit and Kelari eyed her warily before being told to heel and Draconic. The three winged canines shook a little bit and laid back down, clearly ready for rest. Luca watched as she bowed and said her piece. Which was...far less than what he was expecting. "A good soldier doesn't always make a good leader. Same with being a damn good warrior. Armagand Kor long proved that. As mighty as he is, he can barely be a Dux in the Oculi, let alone being the Imperator. But that's a different discussion.

I don't doubt his bravery, nor his loyalty to Edia itself. I do think he's in over his head...far too ambitious. But caring? Raised by that man for most of his life? I'm not so sure. And I've been around enough nobles to know that beneath some smiles lie malicious intent. Hell, that man did it all the time. I'm sure my father and other uncle will give Rex a chance, but I fully intend on keeping him at arm's length. Spear's length if possible. Whether he proves me wrong or not will be seen eventually.

Is that all you have? Or is there more you'd like to diverge to me?"
The small blond finished his meal and eyed her again. Not entirely sure why she was doing this...

Kronos Lohengrin. Asentari. R-1
Rory Bloomfield. Human. R-1
Aether Favonius. Human. A-3

Tohma Tomoshibi. Kijin. A-4
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Experience : 1468

Resources
Resources: 20460

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:31 am

Kairi listened to Lucassius' response to her statements, trying her best to understand his point of view in order to reach a diplomatic solution. He started with pointing out the distinction between a good soldier and a good leader, using the feared Asentari general Armagand Kor as an example, which made Kairi feel like she was back in her academy days. The irony of a young manlike Lucassius lecturing Kairi on such a subject was not lost on her, but she maintained her patient attentiveness as the young man continued talking. He went on to note that while Lucassius did not doubt Rex's bravery or loyalty, he did consider the young man to be too ambitious for a leader. Not a huge issue in Kairi's eyes, but the next thing Lucassius said was the real sticking point for her in this discussion.

Lucassius stated, in no uncertain terms, that he did doubt Rex's kindness and caringness. Kairi frowned slightly, but said nothing until the young man finished his piece. Lucassius cited Rex's father as his main evidence against the younger Von Broven's character, before stating that while his own father and his uncle will give Rex a chance, Lucassius himself will keep Rex at a considerable distance. He then finished by asking if she had anything more to say to him. Kairi pondered deeply what she had just heard for a moment, several thoughts rushed through her head. Wondering if it was simply the culture difference or something else she hadn't considered, Kairi found herself somewhat curious about what duties an Asentari librarian tended to. Assuming the role was similar to the librarians in Mondolin and Sindaron, it struck her as very strange that one who spent their time around books and presumably had educational duties of his own could be so closed-minded and intransigent.

Considering Lucassius' only frame of reference was Rex's father, and considering that his relatives are seemingly going to allow Rex a chance to prove himself, the whole base of Lucassius' argument was flawed. Then Kairi made a decision on her next move. It appeared that being warm and diplomatic was not going to work well here, so she decided to try and appeal to Lucassius' logical side. She looked at the young man for a second before speaking, also deciding that if no progress was made with this approach, she would drop the subject and leave the young man to his business. "I have taken into consideration everything you have told me so far, and if I may be so bold, I have one last observation to discuss. With all due respect to your office and experience, I believe there are some variables which you may not have considered. Again, these points are based on my personal interactions with Rex, so I am aware that their impact is purely dependent on your trust in my honesty, which is purely your prerogative." She paused to let her words sink in before continuing.

"First point. Your argument that a leadership role may be beyond Rex's capabilities due to his ambition is inconsistent with my observations of Rex's handling of the decision-making responsibilities assigned to him during both the Yoniva Town operation and the rescue of Lady Drexara as well as the recent operation in the forests bordering Edia. Rex does display youthful enthusiasm and ambition for his work, but he also a deep appreciation for the bigger picture, an invaluable trait for a leader to have. He was also diligent in his duties, ensuring all objectives were complete as efficiently as possible. His leadership and organisational skills were especially highlighted earlier on today."

"My second point. Your appraisal of Rex's capacity for caring and kindness is based on unreliable evidence. The conclusions drawn from your experience with Rex's father are not objective, and as such are inadvisable to use as evidence against Rex, a separate being independent of his father. Furthermore, the knowledge that nobles are sometimes not what they appears to play into this, though I will trust your experience with nobles outside your own family provides sufficient backing to this viewpoint." Kairi again paused to let Lucassius absorb this information, before continuing to her final argument.

"Finally, your concession to giving Rex a chance is to keep him at spear's length. It is my opinion that this is an inferior method of research. I have first hand experience serving with Rex, which gives my my opinion of him some weight, though the fact that I am a stranger to you and an outsider to your people counts against it. However, it is clear that your current stance of not engaging with Rex at all has resulted in you either not seeing or choosing to ignore the obvious quality of that fine young man." Kairi then dropped her pretense of academic interest and returned to her normal warm tone. "I don't have any stake or interest in your family's leadership situation. If you believe my friendship with Rex has compromised my objectivity, I understand, and this is the last I will speak on this topic. But I do implore you to at least utilize other sources. Ask other people. I'm sure you will find many sources to back up what I have told you. As an academic and an educator, it is always your duty to make sure you yourself are educated first. Passing false information on to younger minds is dangerous." Kairi studied the young man once she had finished, looking for any sign that she had gotten through.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:36 am

Luca watched the lady. Already prepared for a counter-argument. Being overly ambitious wasn't necessarily a bad thing...but getting in over your head and dying or making such a large enough screw up that you can't recover was another thing entirely. He did make a face at the other parts. He had no way of knowing any of that...he wasn't there. And reports can be...biased. In this case dependent on the Primoris Rex...though she was known to be exceptionally neutral. Small slips have happened however.

Being almost overly logical though made him feel...squeemish. Luca just stared at her like some unknown creature. Who talks like this? Then she question his research methods? So, she would like to observe a wild wyvern or drake pack at point blank range. Lovely. It's thoughts like that that will kill her eventually. Though again, serving with someone as a soldier was not the same thing as working with them in a different area.

But it was the last sentences that actually made him pissed off. The area heated up some, and the two Kelit and Kelari stood up. Not quite ready to pounce, but certainly if the need arose. "Passing on false information...when asked, I gave my opinion. But acknowledged that it was just that, an opinion. Whether they see something different if or when working with him, then that is on them. Do not make the mistake in thinking that I told them that he's a dangerous lunatic, not that I said that, and presented it as fact or anything of the like. As an educator, primarily to the magical arts...that was highly offensive. I recommend that you leave...unless you want a first hand experience in what my pack can do, especially when combined with me." The sharp and icy glare at Kairi was hopefully enough to send her away.

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:03 am

Kairi observed the young man as he absorbed and processed what she had said to him. She had every intention of carrying out her promise to leave the subject and the librarian after that, but she still hoped that there would be even a tiny indication of understanding of the point she was trying to make. But no such luck. No luck at all. After what felt like an eternity, Kairi saw Lucassius' expression turn sour, and he began to tense up, causing his pets to do the same. The kelit and the kelari stood up, as if readying to strike her at his command. Kairi thought for a moment how that would play out. She didn't have her shield with her, but Starlight was by her side, and she knew she could survive the animals. But if the young man was as competent as he would have Kairi believe, he could cause her problems. She pushed the thoughts of fighting her way out of her head, deciding that she was simply letting Lucassius' ill will affect her objectivity.

When the young man finally spoke, Kairi realized her attempts to see reason had failed. Lucassius was even more obstinate than he had been originally, if that was even possible, and he had combined that hardheadedness with outrage at being questioned. The combination resulted in an indignant librarian who had completely missed the point of her lecture, and had doubled down on his interpretation of what Kairi had said. He finished by stating his offense at having his teaching credentials called into question, and threatened her quite bluntly with his pets if she didn't leave. Kairi was initially taken aback slightly by the unsubtle threat of violence, but she also knew that she was justified in being very direct in return, librarian or no librarian. She nodded respectfully, but returned Lucassius' glare with a deadpan stare. "Very well. I will honor my promise to drop the subject now. I have failed to enlighten you to truth. I only offer a piece of advice before I leave." Kairi's voice dropped to a low deadpan, but kept her tone even and clear.

"The Order is committed to keeping the peace and trying to strengthen diplomatic relations with all nations. But do not think that this means we will be walked over by others. I do not know your capabilities, though I trust that your position entails a certain level of skill. But I fear you have underestimated me, just like your kin up in that watchtower. I do not enjoy conflict, but I will not be bullied or intimidated. I have faced steeper odds than this and survived. So in the interests of... keeping the peace, I would refrain from making threats, Mister De Von Breven." Kairi bowed respectfully but kept her expression neutral. "Farewell, Mister De Von Breven." With that, Kairi left. She returned to Rex, if only to inform him what had happened, though she had no doubt he had been keeping an eye on proceedings from his vantage point. When she got there, Kairi ascended the watchtower, and smiled sheepishly to the young man up there. "I should have trusted your judgement. I apologise for not heeding your warnings."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:26 pm

Luca snorted. "I would certainly hope not, someone with enough confidence in both themselves and their troops walking between two armies to play mediator...I would expect nothing else. If you don't want threats being made, then refrain from insulting one's profession. Goodnight." Luca simply nodded and relaxed, causing his "pups" to do the same.

Rex had seen the entire thing, and upon hearing what Kairi had said, he flinched. "I think you were doing good, if being somewhat odd, even from my own point of view, up until that very last sentence. Do not insult a teacher's ability or insinuate that they are passing along bad information without proof. If it's an opinion, they typically say that it is an opinion, not fact, and that they may find something different or have a different viewpoint. I probably should have mentioned that. Don't worry too much about it. I guess we can only hope that he thinks on it."

He would engage in some small talk before it would be time for everyone to go to bed. In the morning, the students and teachers would greet Kiari's group, eat with them, thank them for their assistance, and make sure they were ready to go back home with the necessary amount of supplies. Even the militia in the town helped out, and when they left, Kiari's group was given a salute by both the town militia and the Academy group, even Luca. Even some townspeople thanked them for helping out and rescuing the slaves, wishing them luck in assisting them.

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2