Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

» Duty and War(Rowan/Yavanna Rank Up)
by Orgoth Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:01 pm

» A Dragon's Heart (Part 1)
by The Narrator Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 am

» The Gathering Storm (Undead Event Part 1)
by The Narrator Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:33 am

» Gohan Maedar (WIP)
by Orgoth Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:22 am

» Xinra Kal'Dior (Crew of Raya's Gambit)
by Orgoth Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:53 am

» The Blackspire Riders(Orgoth)
by Orgoth Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:44 pm

» Rank up Purchases
by Zenke Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:54 am

Affiliates

The New Kid Arrives (Orgoth, Zenke)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The New Kid Arrives (Orgoth, Zenke) Empty The New Kid Arrives (Orgoth, Zenke)

Post by GRYMM Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:30 pm

It was midday in Zendar, which meant most of the town was out doing what townspeople do. It was, all things considered, a very nice day as well. It was warm, but not too hot. And a nice breeze went through town, keeping people cool. So, it was all the more unusual to one of the townspeople, an older man in his 30's, when he saw a little white creature run up to him. He stared at it, as it stopped in front of him, and looked up at the man. It was a strange encounter, made even stranger when the creature spoke, scaring the man, who fell to the ground. "Hello! Is Faylandrea and Valatrix here, by any chance? If they are, could you please let them know that Merlin is coming, and I have someon-something to talk to them about! Yes, that's it!" The man sat for a couple of seconds, as the creature took a seat, and cocked it's head sideways. "The sooner the better, friend." The man got up, and ran towards the tavern, where the two were known to stay.

Meanwhile, a little ways out of the village....

Yurei looked at the mage next to him, obviously irritated. Merlin stood still, communicating through Cath Pulag. It was a simple thing, but still. Better look like the ages old mage. Merlin opened his eyes, which were a deep, sky blue now. He turned to his travelling companion, and bowed his head slightly, a little smile on his face. "Sorry. The last couple of times I appeared quite suddenly, so I felt it was only right to let them know." Yurei simply shrugged. "I'm more irritated at being called something, in all honesty." Merlin chuckled, though he didn't elaborate on why. "Onward then." Yurei sighed, and started walking behind the strange mage. The entire time, Merlin's constant upbeat attitude had worn on Yurei, who was quite ready to talk to anyone else. Even if he didn't know them.

As the two entered the village, Cath Pulag ran up to Merlin, who picked it up, and set it on his shoulder. "Good job, little one." He said, before heading towards the tavern, Yurei still following him, but taking the time to look at the village. It didn't seem to be downtrodden at all, and the fact a tavern was here at all meant it was frequented by travelers. Yurei took note of anyone, and everyone. He was not a person to let his guard down, even in a town full of people who probably wouldn't fight him. Still, he continued on, as they entered the tavern. They got a look from the tavern keeper, but that was all. Merlin waited for the two, petting Pulag casually.
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Experience : 385

Resources
Resources: 6000

https://www.twitch.tv/grimm_ember

Back to top Go down

The New Kid Arrives (Orgoth, Zenke) Empty Re: The New Kid Arrives (Orgoth, Zenke)

Post by Orgoth Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:46 pm

Even for Faylandrea Shor, the last several weeks had been eventful to say the least. She had helped explore a defunct Orken complex in the Vultani Jungle. She had been injured on said expedition, fallen in love with Lilian Toral, experienced the festivities of Serenity Valley Day in Mith Silvanus, and had to protect her best friend from the wrath of her misinformed uncle. While there was never really a dull day in the lives of Vala and Fayla, granddaughters of Ren the Hornless and Dalrodir Shor respectively, those recent events had left Fayla exhausted upon reaching Zendar, a sleepy town in the Free Lands just south of the Kingdom of Mondolin which had served as their de facto base of operations in the Free Lands for the last decade or so.

They sat in the Eldritch Moon Inn, mulling over what to do next. Rowan had headed back to Sindaron to confront the council member who had sent him to try and kill Vala on the false pretense that she was going to try and kill Fayla. The mess was exacerbated by the presence of Korroth and Knightfall, the ones who were actually trying to kill the two women. Upon realizing why Rowan was there, Knightfall had played along with the ruse, which caused Rowan to be even harder to convince of his manipulation. Fayla and Vala both knew too well that they were far from done with Korroth and Knightfall, so they sat in silence, pondering their quandary. Fayla stared at the remnants of her fruit drink and sighed. "So, what do we do now?" She looked at Vala across from her with a sullen expression. "We can't fight them here. I don't want the people of Zendar to be at risk, especially from Korroth." She looked around, wishing she were back with Lilian, though she knew she had more to do before that became a reality.
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Experience : 1693

Resources
Resources: 5600

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The New Kid Arrives (Orgoth, Zenke) Empty Re: The New Kid Arrives (Orgoth, Zenke)

Post by Zenke Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:34 pm

Vala was feeling much the same way as Fayla, but also still miffed over the whole Rowan incident. She very much did not appreciate nearly losing an arm, regenerative abilities or not she liked her arm the way it was, attached as it was. It annoyed her more that that smug silver haired prick knightfall had a hand in it, and she very much intended on breaking his face. As formidable as the two heanta were, they'd never faced anyone like Vala and Fayla. Korroth would expect it to be easy, and Knightfall assumed his stealth would help him, but Vala and Fayla could just as easily vanish as he could.

Korroth's greatest strength was also his biggest weakness. His size. Vala knew the man could take out a brick wall at full speed, but even he wouldn't be able to bullrush his way through all the obstacles, if they did what Vala was thinking. Fayla voiced her question and her concerns, and Vala looked up. "We can't fight them here, You're right about that." Vala said. "But we could fight them in Karem. The buildings are packed together, especially in the slums. A place like that puts Korroth at a disadvantage, and I'll be able to outmenouver him. We both know I have a better chance of getting through that armor." She said. He was also likely to be more dangerous. And Vala didn't want him anywhere near Fayla.

Just then, a confused looking man walked up to their table. "Miss Shor, Miss Hornless, There's a talking cat outside looking to speak to you." He said. Vala looked at the man as if he were insane. "He said Merlin, who ever that is, is on his way. Who ever that is. Is there danger?" He asked. Vala sighed. Of course Merlin would show up right now. Who next, her Father? She scoffed. Not likely. "There's nothing to worry about." She said, flipping the man a coin. No sooner had he walked away with a smile, Merlin appeared in the doorway with a stranger in tow. A human by the looks of him. Vala gave him a once over and sighed. "Who has he dragged along?" She asked Fayla before waving the magi over.

As Merlin joined them at the table, Vala gave him a warm smile. As inconvenient as his appearance was, she was fond of the eccentric eldari. Allot fonder than she was of Fayla's uncle. She looked at the stranger. "Merlin. Who's you're friend?" She asked, holding her hand out to Cath Pulag, to see if the little, very much not a cat but adorable none the less, creature wanted a pat.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Experience : 2289

Resources
Resources: 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:29 pm

Merlin, before taking the seat, offered a hug to Fayla. "It has been to long, young one." He said, before taking the seat. Yurei, however, remained standing. He was studying the two new people. He could tell they were both used to fighting. Merlin looked back at the man, before sighing. "I suppose I'll do the talking then." He turned back Vala, as Cath Pulag accepted the pets. "Well, Valatrix, if you must know, this is Yurei. He is someone I met on the road, a ways away from here. After seeing what he can do, I decided that he wasn't someone I could just leave on the road. So, I decided to bring him here." He lowered his voice, and said. "He lost his memories, you see. Horrible really." 

Merlin crossed his arms, before looking at both of the women. "It seems like you are both about to split up. Before you do, I would like to ask for one favor." His smile lessened, and Merlin grew a bit more serious. "I would like you to help Yurei get settled in Ka'Lesa. You don't have to worry about his strength, I can vouch for that. I have a feeling that where he came from is important, though I cannot tell you how, or why I feel this way. Just that I do." His smile returned. "My feelings do have a tendacy to be right, though." Yurei finally spoke up at this point. "I don't need babysitters, mage. I can survive on my own." Merlin shrugged. "It's not a problem to ask for help from those you trust." Yurei scowled. "Except, I don't know these two, or trust them. You cannot expect me to either." Yurei looked at them both. "No offense, but I don't think this will work out."
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:16 pm

Fayla nodded at Vala's plan. A built-up area would definitely be advantageous, allowing them to outmaneuver the big man. Knightfall was still a concern, though Fayla was still sure they could stay one step ahead of the assassin. Before they could discuss more, a confused man turned up, apparently on orders from a cat. The man told them that a man that Fayla hadn't seen in some time was on his way. Vala accepted the message and tossed a coin to the man, before the familiar eclectic appearance of Merlin entered the inn. Fayla shook her head at Vala's question when she saw the man following the Magi, but she jumped up immediately and accepted the hug offered by one of her mother's oldest friends. "Merlin! What ever are you doing this far south?" Vala then asked who the man who was accompanied Merlin was, and Merlin explained his story.

The man was named Yurei, and he was a skilled person but had lost his memory. Merlin then stated his reason for bringing Yurei to them, stating that the man's history was potentially very important. As for Yurei himself, the man seemed... less than enthused at the prospect. He protested that he didn't need babysitters, and when Merlin encouraged him to accept help from people he trusts, Yurei bluntly stated that he didn't know them or trust them either, preferring to work alone. Fayla looked to Merlin in confusion. "Well, we'd love to help but... we were about to go deal with an issue in Karem... and Yurei doesn't seem to want our help... I don't know what we can do, really." She looked to Vala for help. "What do ya reckon?"
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:22 pm

Vala's warm smile directed at Merlin had vanished, and she looked at Yuri with a scowl. While Fayla tried to be diplomatic, when she looked at Vala for her opinion, The heanta shook her head. "I agree with the human, it's not going to work. I've had a hell of a week and I'm short on good will, Merlin. If he doesn't want help from a heanta, I'm not about to try and force it. Besides' Fayla's right, we've got two homicidal dickheads to deal with, it's not a good Idea to drag someone else into that mess." She didn't know what else to say beyond that. It's not like they hired themselves out to look after lost puppies.

Vala sighed and shook her head again. "You could always bring him to the Order of the Sun. Kairi will look after him." Vala added. "You remember her, from Yoniva, right?" Vala asked. The Order of the sun could use the help, if he was as skilled as merlin suggested, and if not it was a safe place to stay until he got his memories back.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:25 pm

Merlin listened to the two, as the smile disappeared off of his face. After Vala suggested taking him to the Order of the Sun, Merlin, quite out of nowhere, slammed his hand on the table. Any pretense of the happy, jovial mage was gone, and he spoke in a serious tone. "No. You both should know me better than that by now. If I thought, even for a second, that Kairi, and her Order were a better place, I would've taken this amnesiac man there. Despite what you both may think, or have heard about me, I do not make decisions like this lightly." 

Yurei, at this moment, felt a familiar sensation, when Vala had said Heanta. He grasped his head, as a headache came, bringing with it information that hadn't been there before. Merlin turned to him, as this happened. He looked at the barkeep. "My friend needs a room, if you don't mind." Merlin got up, and grabbed Yurei's shoulder. "I'm fine." Yurei said. Merlin sighed. "Do not argue with me. Just go lie down for a little while. Until it passes." Yurei scowled, but did as the mage asked, leaving the three. Merlin looked back at the two. "There is another reason I want him to stay away from an organization, even the Order." Merlin sat back down, before clasping his hands in front of him. "Have you noticed anything about our forgetful friend? Like the fact that he knows his name? He also told me he knows the names of his blades. And the exact names, and locations of most of the big cities on this continent." Merlin looked up at Vala, and Fayla. "This isn't a case of a man simply losing his memories. They have been sealed away from him. Magically." He allowed this information to sink in, and waited for the questions he knew were coming.
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:44 am

Fayla listened as Vala expanded on the reasons for their reluctance to help. In truth, it would soon be very dangerous to be around the two of them. Then Merlin uncharacteristically lost his temper, slamming his fist down on the table before talking with increasing seriousness. Fayla immediately stopped talking and paid full attention, not used to seeing such a dramatic outburst from the one of her mother's oldest friends. He insisted that Yurei was safer with them than he would be with the Order of the Sun, which seemed unlikely. However, Fayla knew better than to question the wisdom or cognitive excellence of Merlin.

Suddenly, Yurei seemed to be overtaken with a sudden headache, grasping his head in pain. Merlin immediately ordered him to a room to rest, and the Human protested but eventually acquiesced, adjourning to the room Merlin had just procured for him. The Magi then turned to Fayla and Vala and explained the secret reason behind his insistence on leaving Yurei with the two of them. As Merlin pointed out the oddities of Yurei's situation, Fayla was struck with curiosity, though it was tinged with apprehension at the direction Merlin was heading with his hypothesis. She looked at him with confusion.

"If you're right, and you are right an awful lot, what purpose could this be for? I don't understand." She looked at Vala before returning her gaze to Merlin. She had a conflicted look on her face, as she was torn in two directions. "We want to help, Merlin. Honestly. But we're expecting to throw down with Korroth and Knightfall any day now, and we can't guarantee Yurei's safety when that happens. Those two aren't going to care about harming bystanders."
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:39 pm

Merlin slammed his hand down on the table, shocking Vala. But her shocked expression turned to a glare. He tried to lecture them but Vala snarled back. "First of all don't raise your voice to me, I've had a shit week and I'm sick of jumped up Eldari interfering with my plans. No offense Fayla. Second of all, We are being hunted by two of the most dangerous bloodthirsty and psychotic heanta in existance at this moment in time. We're literally about to leave Zendar because they don't give a fuck who gets in the way. Especially Korroth, who I'm sure you've heard of since you know everything.

If he can't kill us, he'll kill everyone around us to get to us. Knightfall will probably slit Yurei's throat just for being in the same room with us. We're not safe to be around, and we don't have time to baby sit an amnesiac who doesn't want our help."
Vala let that sink in, as Yurei got up and went to his room. Fayla had her own say, and Vala sighed. "Merlin, I'm not trying to be unhelpful. Any other time, we'd happily take Yurei under our wing until he figures his shit out, but we can't drag him into this mess. If he gets hurt it would be our fault. The best I can do is promise that when this is over, we'll help him out." She said.

If merlin was right, and someone had removed Yurei's memories, there might be something bigger happening. But that didn't matter, because if She and Fayla didn't deal with Korroth and Knightfall soon, allot of people would get hurt. And if they died because they were worrying about Yurei, there was likely to be civil war, or worse, a war between the Eldari and heanta. What ever was going on with the Amnesiac wasn't nearly as important.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:43 pm

Merlin listened to both of the women. Each brought up very good points. He sighed inwards to himself, and, for the first time in a long time, he felt his age. He affixed his gaze to Fayla, figuring her questions would be easier to answer. "That's the thing, Faylandra. I do not know what the purpose was. If I could, I would simply take Yurei with me to my tower. That would be easiest. But. You know, more than Valatrix does, that those foolish children on the Council would never allow him to stay. And I very much believe that both myself, and Yurei are no match for our peoples warriors. Not as I am now, and certainly not with Yurei's......condition, I suppose would be the best way to put it." Merlin sighed again, and fully turned to Vala. "I do apologize. I spoke with little regard for both of your feelings. I should not have done that." Merlin sat back, and closed his eyes, deep in thought. before a small smile played on his lips. "Aha. That might be for the best." He looked back at Vala, and he seemed more like his usual self. 

"I know the trouble you both are headed into. If you think I do not, you truly think very little of me. I know of Korroth Vex, and Knightfall. Particularly horrible, those two. No regard for the life I care so deeply about." He gestured with his hand absently. "Powerful as well. Even at my peak, I would have alot of trouble fighting those two. So yes, I understand the danger." His smile became wider. "But. You are both powerful in ways they are not. Neither of them can know what it is to fight for something truly worthwhile. To pour your heart into something, or someone. Your bond is what will win you this fight. I believe that. Both of you need to believe that as well." Merlin chuckled. "Now, onto our present dilemma. I do not intend for you two take Yurei with you to this fight. In fact, I agree. It would not be good, for any of you. Yurei's mind is still fragile, as you can tell." Merlin spread his arms, in a very dramatic fashion. "So, how about this? Valatrix, i believe you need to blow off some steam, yes? How about you have a sparring session with Yurei? It can kill two birds with one stone. You can vent some anger, and Yurei can prove that he is strong enough to hold his own." He sat forward, now fully invested. "Oh, I can be quite smart when I need to be." He said, more to himself than to add to the conversation. 

"I agree to these terms." Yurei said, appearing in the doorway suddenly. He looked at Vala, his eyes filled with a fire that wasn't there before. "I need to blow of some steam too. Well? How about it, girl?" Yurei walked past them, and went outside. He sat, cross legged, and summoned his white blade, Engetsu, which sat across his legs. And he waited for the red haired girl to come out. Eager for a fight.
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:26 pm

Fayla turned in surprise as Vala lost her temper at Merlin's own outburst. The Heanta outlined in no uncertain terms the danger that Yurei faced if he followed them when they went to confront Korroth and Knightfall. Fayla put a hand on Vala's shoulder and looked smiled sheepishly at the other patrons and Bartley, who all looked alarmed at what they had heard. "Don't worry, we're not fighting them here. We promise." Merlin seemed to think for a moment, before addressing Fayla's concerns. He was right that the Golden Council were so preoccupied in trying to "preserve the Eldari way", that they wouldn't take kindly to Merlin just bringing a random Human to Sindaron. Merlin then apologized, returning to something more like is usual, airy self. He then spoke to Vala, stating that he was well aware of the danger they were heading for, and agreed that to take Yurei into battle in his current state would be a poor decision.

The Magi switched gears, offering his belief that they would prevail, even against a pair as formidable as Korroth and Knightfall. Fayla smiled and nodded. "We do. Those two will be taken care of in short order. Count on it." Merlin then suggested Vala working some steam off by sparring with Yurei, both to vent and prove Yurei's ability. Fayla was about to point out that Merlin had only just sent Yurei to bed to rest, when Yurei emerged from the nearby doorway, as if he had hid around the corner and listened to their conversation instead of going to lie down like Merlin had asked. The Human accepted the challenge and walked outside before waiting for an answer, sitting down in the middle of the street and crossing his legs to wait. Fayla looked to Vala. "Please go easy on him, Vala. We don't want to scramble his brains any more than they are now." She walked with Merlin as they headed outside, tossing a pouch of coins to Bartley as they went. "Are you sure this is a good idea, Uncle Merlin? Vala really is stressed out, I'm not sure if she'll hold back too much in this."
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:20 pm

Merlin seemed to calm down after Vala's outburst, and tried to explain why he wasn't able to help the human in the safety of the golden city. It was easy to forget how up their own arses Eldari could be, when one spent all their time with the likes of Fayla, or Merlin. Merlin went on to tell them that yes they had a hard fight ahead of them, but they would get through it because they had something worth fighting for. Vala scoffed. "A noble speech, but the power of friendship wont sink Korroth and Knightfall. But who said we're worried, We just dont want anyone else to get hurt trying to fight our fights." She said with cocky confidence. Her mood was lightening slightly as Merlin finally accepted that they had things to do.

Then he suggested she spar with Yurei. She was about to decline, since they were likely to be fighting again soon and wanted to be at her peak, when Yurei appeared out of nowhere and agreed, and called her girl, in a very condescending tone. "Oh you're on, human." Vala said, standing as he walked out. Vala followed after him, with Fayla and merlin close behind. She heard Fayla say this was probably a bad idea, and intended to prove her wrong when she seen Yurei sitting on the ground. Fool, she might be nice but she was still a heanta, and sitting down relaxing around a heanta you intended on fighting was a bad idea.

Vala decided to teach Yurei this lesson, and without missing a beat burst into a run before throwing her body into a drop kick aimed for his chest. If she hit she'd bend her knees and use the sudden stop to bounce herself backwards into a roll that would take her to her feet. Should he dodge she would let herself slide before digging her heels into the ground, the forward momentum flipping her up onto her feet, before spinning towards Yurei with a second kick.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:22 am

Merlin looked at Fayla, out of the corner of his eye when she brought up that this wasn't a good idea. He winked, before looking back at the fight. "That is the exact point, Faylandrea. Sometimes, it is quite easy to settle disputes with words. However, for people like Yurei, and Valatrix, it is easier to let them blow off steam in a controlled manner. much like they are now." He then chuckled. "Do not worry, if it gets too out of hand, I will interfere." And his smile got a little bit more somber. "I also believe.....you two are assuming quite a lot when it comes to how strong that young man is. I do not believe you are doing it out of malice. But. Remember this, Faylandrea. I have been alive for quite some time. And underestimating anyone, even allies, is a bad attitude to have."

Yurei knew that he had ticked off the red haired one. But, for a moment, that didn't matter. He didn't know why his body felt like it was on fire now. Almost like it was anticipating this fight, and wanted to get straight to the action. However, something else was there, tempering that excitement. It felt like it was making him very aware of his surroundings. So, when Vala flew at him, Yurei's body seemed to act on its own. He laid down, like a board, with his sword horizontally across his waist. As Vala flew past him, he then placed his sword sticking straight up, and used it to push himself up to his feet. He then turned around and drew his blade, as Vala came at him with a second kick. He narrowly dodged it, so much that he felt the wind being displaced by her foot. Yurei then pressed his own attack. He aimed for her legs, to limit her mobility, before drawing his arm back, and quickly pushing it forward, in a thrust.
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:15 pm

Fayla looked at Merlin as the Magi explained that it was precisely his plan for the two to blow off steam, in a controlled manner, and he vowed to step in if things got too wild. She frowned, before nodding hesitantly. "If you say so, Uncle Merlin." Merlin then defended Yurei's skills, believing Fayla and Vala to be underestimating the strange man. Fayla frowned again, this time with indignation. "We're not underestimating him at all. I just don't want him to strain himself and make his messed-up head... well... more messed-up. Also, I'm a little worried about the surrounding buildings, to be fair. We don't wanna get kicked out of Zendar because Vala and Yurei made a mess." She watched on as Vala and Yurei did battle.
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:30 pm

Yurei lay down flat to avoid her dropkick, and then dodged her kick by a few millimeters. His response was to instantly strike for her legs, and Vala decided to punish that mistake by forward flipping over the slash and going straight into a downward strike to the shoulder with a heel. Springing back, she let her body go naturally into a reverse handspring as Yurei lined up his sword for a thrust. Vala used the palm of her hand left hand to push the thrust wide of her, dancing along the length of the blade to Yurei to deliver a knife hand strike to his throat with her right hand. She followed her attack with a quick step left and aimed several jabs towards his face, shoulders and elbows in an attempt to disable but not kill him. It helped that she'd chosen not to wear her Drakna, as divinium trumped bone, but her strikes were still precise and her fists were not soft.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:07 pm

Merlin, in response to Fayla, simply placed his finger on his lips, and pointed to the two fighting. "Let's just watch, and learn what they both are capable of." When Yurei saw Vala flip over his slash, he took a step back, allowing the heel to pass by him. However, when she oushed the blade away, Yurei realized he had made a mistake. Her fingers hit his throat, knocking the wind out of his throat. Yurei realized he had to back off, as being this close was to a hand-to-hand fighters advantage. When Vala stepped left, Yurei jumped back by a few feet. Grabbing his throat, he got his breath back, before nodding to himself. Taking a stance again, Yurei came at vala. Hard. Keeping Vala within reach of his blade, but trying to stay out of her range, he made precise, swift strike at Vala's legs, and arms. Trying to disable the things she was using as weapons.
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:21 pm

Vala's knife hand strike hit home, causing Yuri to jump back struggling to breath. The Human seemed to realize that she was far more dangerous up close than previously thought, and tried to keep his distance. Vala had faced more than her fair share of opponents with longer reach, and wasn't put off by this. She waited for the counter attack, which predictably came in the form of attacks aimed at her arms and legs. Vala danced around the blade like mist, using flips, hand stands and rolls along with various other maneuvers to keep out of its way while always getting closer.

Vala waited until she seen a good chance, coming close to him as he slashed at her arm. Vala moved close to yuri to get inside the optimal strike range of the weapon, and blocked the hilt with her hand. The Blade still cut into her arm, leaving a long gash down her forearm but her close proximity stopped it from carrying through. Vala was ready for it and barely noticed the pain as she aimed a quick jab with her other hand past his guard towards his elbow. She followed the strike up with a knee to the groin, using his weaknesses against him.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:10 am

Yurei wasn't surprised that Vala was dodging his attacks. In fact, if she didn't, he would honestly had been disappointed. He saw what she was doing, moving in from one of his slashes. As she hit his elbow, he saw that he had landed a hit. He then noticed the knee coming towards a place that would be very bad if it hit. Yurei activated his Coagulation in that area, basically giving him something akin to steel armor around that area. The attack hit, but it didn't really effect Yurei. Instead, he smiled right in Vala's face, before grabbing her knee, and attempting to throw her away from him. 

As she flew away, Yurei took his blade, and lightly ran it over the palm of his hand, drawing a thin line of blood on it. If Vala came at him, Yurei would fire of a crescent shaped Blade of Blood. He used this to move in closer, and push the attack even harder than he had earlier. He was trying to give Vala no room to counterattack. This time, he aimed for any opening he could get, rather than aiming for specific body parts.
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:30 pm

Vala's blow hit home, and it appeared she'd misjudged human weakpoints, as Yurei seemed to not really feel where the blow landed. Instead, he grabbed her leg and tossed her away. She spun and landed gracefully, charging him immediately. He fired a blade of what appeared to be blood from his hand and Vala slid under the attack, springing up as he closed and started attacking her properly. She weaved through his attacks, letting him wear himself out as he moved from one attack to the next, trying to catch her out.

Vala let him wear himself out while she charged energy. A purple glow surrounded her limbs as she moved, and then she suddenly struck out with a jab to the gut. If it impacted, the energy coursing through her limbs would converge at the end of her fist, resulting in an explosive strike that would deal average damage on top of her jab. She doubted it would kill him if it landed, and if it did she'd be sorely disappointed in him for dying.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:47 pm

As his attacks continued, Vala was dodging them. Yurei didn't mind. In fact, he was starting to have fun. As the attacks continued, Yurei noticed that her limbs started to glow purple. Yurei figured that, whatever was going to happen, wasn't going to be fun for him. Vala then ket out a very quick jab, aimed at his gut it seemed. Yurei, in a split second decision, jumped back, and up. He then wheeled his arm back, and threw Engetsu at Vala, hoping to take her by surprise, as he summoned his other blade, Mugetsu. 

Yurei then sped towards Vala, in a thrust. After, he brought his blade up, slashing down with all of his speed, and power. He dipped back into his Blades of Blood as well, dipping two fingers into the shallow wound on his hand, and firing two more at Vala, at close range, before spinning into a roundhouse kick, aimed at her midsection.
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:47 pm

Yurei lept away from Vala as she tried to punch him, and threw his sword at her. Vala spun, catching the handle of the sword as she did and launched it back towards him. He came at her with a thrust and like before she used the attack to close the distance. He quickly followed his thrust into a slash, forcing her to dodge again, and tried drove her back with another pair of blood blades. Vala threw her arms up, defending her face and upper body and powered through the attack. They cut across her forarms but she could barely feel the pain as she rolled under his round house kick, then kicked upwards into his gut. She was still empowered with the energy of her explosive strike, and the next hit she landed would deal average damage.

Assuming he didn't get blasted into the air by her kick, she rolled to her feet and followed up with a barrage of quick jabs and kicks, putting him on the defensive. She aimed for tougher parts of his body, avoiding weak points that might be fatal if she landed an explosive strike. Worst case, she ended up breaking a few bones.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:20 am

Yurei allowed Engetsu to sail off into the distance. As she dodged his kick, Vala sent one of her own, which hit him square in the gut. Yurei felt his breath run out of his body, like his air was children, and there were free sweets at the end of the road. He flew back, and landed, hard, on his back. Yurei got up, and felt all the pain so far. 

He pushed it away, and decided to enter Deep Calm. Every single distracting thought, person, or sound left him, and Yurei's eyes lost a little of their shine. He then activated Superior Blood Flow, and used it to augment his speed (+1). He then launched himself at Vala, As fast as he can make his body move. He started attacking again, with the speed boost making his strikes even faster than before.
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:27 am

Yurei took the kick to the gut and went flying, landing in a heap on his back. And then he jumped back up, an expression of calm coming over his features. Vala smiled, liking that look. Yurei lunged and began to attack, faster than she expected, catching her with a grazing slash across the thigh. Vala was forced onto the defensive as Yurei's strikes came fast, half of them leaving a cut or graze somewhere. With a burst of power Vala activated Wrath, the increased strength (+2) and agility(+1) helping her better deal with his superior speed.

She kept dodging, no long taking grazes and watched Yurie, trying to figure out what was making him tick. For the most part, his attacks seemed Random but Vala was starting to see a pattern in them that reacted to her own movements. Vala didn't really understand what he was doing, but she let him keep attacking, and baited a thrust to the chest. She moved just enough not not be impaled so severely that she would die or be out for a few days, tacking the blade to the ribs. The attack peirced flesh before glancing off her ribs and passing out the backside, and Vala used the chance to grab Yurei's wrist with the arm Yurei's blade passed under. With her increased strength she pulled him forward and slashed, her claws going for the throat. Her hand stopped dead just as the white tips touched flesh, and she grinned at Yurei.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:52 pm

Yurei was surprised, when his blade went straight into Vala's chest. But, not as surprised as Merlin. Yurei felt the tips of Vala's nails on his throat. He let go of his blade, and slowly stood up straight, before angrily saying "That was a stupid move. If I had hit anywhere other than there, you might be dead. I don't care what race you are, you shouldn't take risks like that." 

He heard footsteps coming towards him, and turned in time to feel a flash of pain on his forehead, as Merlin flicked him there. Merlin turned, and did the same thing to Vala, practically brimming with rage at her. he spoke very calmly, but made sure to his seriousness be at the forefront. "Do not do that again, Valatrix. Not in my presence, nor Faylandrea's. Do you not know people will mourn you, if you were to die? Would you be able to complete your quest, if you were seriously injured?"
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:36 am

Fayla had watched the fight patiently up to this point, but the action was getting more and more heated now. The blows being exchanged became more and more brutal, with hard strikes landing all over the place. Serious injury had been avoided however, until now. Vala landed a hard kick to Yurei's gut, sending the wind out of the man's body with savage effect and knocking him backwards onto his rump a couple of yards away. Fayla cheered her friend on with childish enthusiasm. "Wooo! Good hit! Now hit him with the stunner, wham!" Yurei regained his feet quickly, but didn't return immediately. The man went still for a moment, seemingly collecting himself. When he opened his eyes, there was a change in his demeanor, almost as if he had decided that this fight was the only thing in the world that mattered at all. He then rushed forward with much more speed than he had displayed to this point, scoring glancing hits on the Heanta. Vala then upped her own agility, allowing her to deal with Yurei's speed. Fayla cheered again and nudged Merlin gently. "Watch Uncle Merlin! Vala's gonna hit him with the stunner, wham!"

However, one blow managed to penetrate Vala's defense, though the Heanta managed to turn her body in time to divert the thrust away from her internal organs. The blade pierced her flesh, but Fayla then saw that Vala had taken the hit in exchange for an opening in Yurei's own defenses. The Heanta grabbed the man's sword arm and aimed a life-ending claw-strike to Yurei's throat. She stopped short however, grinning at the man with satisfaction. Merlin had had enough now, and he angrily walked over to them both and gave them a shock to the forehead each, scolding Vala for getting hurt like that. Fayla looked at her best friend sadly. "How come you didn't hit him with the stunner, wham?" She then looked at Merlin, not used to seeing the man as emotional as he was now. She folded her arms and displayed an equally serious demeanor. "It's alright, Uncle Merlin. We've been out her long enough to know what we're doing. Vala knew she could take that blow and divert it, and it allowed her to win the fight. All that was missing was a stunner, wham." She looked at Yurei with a warm smile. "You did good kid. You okay?"
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next