Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» Caelum of the Skygaurd(orgoth, R-1 rank up)
by Orgoth Today at 4:30 pm

» The Reluctant Warrior (Open)
by Zenke Yesterday at 12:18 pm

» A Prince's Secret (open?)
by Zenke Fri May 10, 2024 8:02 pm

» Ghosts of the Past - Aftermath
by Orgoth Mon May 06, 2024 12:29 am

» Gohan Maedar Skill Sheet
by Orgoth Sun May 05, 2024 3:16 am

» Gohan Maedar
by Jun Sat May 04, 2024 2:12 am

» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

» Duty and War(Rowan/Yavanna Rank Up)
by Orgoth Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:01 pm

Affiliates

Chance Meetings(Orgoth)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chance Meetings(Orgoth) - Page 2 Empty Re: Chance Meetings(Orgoth)

Post by Orgoth Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:09 am

Kairi nodded understandingly when Rowan told her his age. She had known that he had served in the Second Great War, but she was still suprised to learn that he was actually old enough to have served in the armed forces during the Goldentide, the famous historical event when the Eldari came to the aid of the Kingdom of Mondolin when they were on the brink of defeat against the Orken forces. Kairi looked at the Eldari thoughtfully. "I see. Well, you wear the centuries well, Rowan Aratris. I have not had the pleasure of meeting Yavanna, but by all accounts she is every bit as talented and respected as yourself." Upon the mention of Ren the Hornless, Kairi's eyes widened in awe. "You actually met him? That's incredible. I've read various stories and accounts of Ren and Dalrodir Shor, but I'd say the stories pale in comparison to seeing them in person." Rowan then mentioned his niece, a certain Fayla Shor. Kairi smiled as she remembered the boisterous young woman she had met in the Yoniva operation. "I've only had the pleasure of meeting her once, when we raided a Red Fang stronghold in an old mining town. She is an extraordinary young lady. Both her and her friend Vala are a credit to their lineages." Liv soon arrived with Kairi's tea, and she picked up the cup and inhaled the soothing vapours deeply. "Strawberry tea is my favorite thing in all of Asmir. The vapours help to clear my head."

Rowan then went on to ask more about Kairi herself, noting that he somehow hadn't heard of her before, though he did recognize the weapon she carried. He knew about Starlight's legendary status, though he didn't doubt that Kairi was worthy enough to wield it. Kairi gazed thoughtfully at the sword that rested in its sheath against the table. "There is not really much more to tell, to be honest. I found Starlight in the Kri'Lak Badlands after I escaped Karcenak. Those memories are... not fond ones. Though it is a good example of every cloud having a silver lining." She frowned for a moment, before a warm smile returned to her face. "As for my work here, I have been fortunate. The Order has good relations with your people, so I have been able to study both Human and Eldari materials. I am a Lieutenant of the Military Division, the backbone of our armed forces, though we try not to refer to ourselves as a "army". I also teach infantry tactics and combat in our academy." Kairi took a sip of tea before continuing.

"Randalla and the Order have been very kind to me. They think the same way I do, that we can make a difference in this world, despite our small numbers. The First Contact conflict was a bittersweet confirmation of that belief. We succeeded in bringing a diplomatic end to the hostilities, but the cost was high before we managed to find an opportunity to intervene. But we managed it, by working together with Edaria." Kairi sipped her tea again before placing her cup on the table, then she smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry, that sounded more like a manifesto than a personal history. I'm afraid I am not very interesting. Much of my background I keep private. Maybe someday I'll tell you more..." Kairi smiled before taking another sip of tea.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Miral Nerys and Inara R-1 Eldross
Yavanna Elbereth E-1 Eldari
Armagand Kor A-5 Asentari
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Kanetsugu Nakamura A-5 Kijin
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Experience : 1793

Resources
Resources: 31640

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:29 pm

Rowan nodded. "Thank you. And yes she is, though she had a harder time carving her place in the world, so she deserves more than she tends to get." He was no fan of heanta, but he admitted Vala wasn't a bad person, although there had been a great deal of awkwardness between them on the way back from Karem. He respected Fayla for looking past their differences, he just hoped it didn't end badly for her. "They share their grandparent's honor. They will both be great warriors one day." Rowan said. Kairi mentioned her love of strawberry tea and Rowan smiled. "I.. Enjoy the scent of Lilacs." He said quietly. She continued to speak, telling him about how she found starlight. He noticed the frown and said, "You don't need to talk about it." as she seemed to hesitate. She moved on with a smile, talking about how she studied human and Eldari history with the order.

She mentioned she was a teacher and Rowan grinned. "Yavanna would like you." He said. Perhaps he could convince her to come visit once things settled down. Rowan listened as she talked about the first conflict war. "It's fortunate that the order helped, because things could have been much worse. I've got first hand experience of the humans ability to wage war, and the cost is usually devastating for everyone involved. And who knows what the asentari might be capable of themselves. From what I seen with Bethany, they seem tough as nails." He said. "But they atleast seem peaceful enough now." She finished up talking about herself and Rowan shook his head. "I wouldn't say you're not interesting, but I do understand. We all have things we don't want to talk about." Rowan said.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Octavia Velerius A-5 Asentari
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Umbra Moonfall A-5 Heanta
Koranna "Kora" Merciallus A-5 Asentari
Gwyneth "Gwyn" Ferrum Aurora A-5 Human
Mist, The Explosive Assassin A-5 Half-Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Experience : 2047

Resources
Resources: 26880

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:32 am

Kairi nodded understandingly when Rowan mentioned that Yavanna had a bit harder of a time making her name than he did. "I'd well believe it. According to Blademaster Jensen in Mith Silvanus, her skill is just to great to have happened without hard work, even for naturally gifted folks. Do you know Jensen? He studied under Yavanna when he was younger I think." Rowan noted that Fayla and Vala would be great warriors one day, and Kairi agreed. "It is astonishing how good they are already. There's no telling how far they can go when they gain even more experience." In response to Kairi's mention of her teaching duties, Rowan told her that Yavanna would like her. Kairi smiled. "I would love to meet her one day." Kairi took a sip from her tea as Rowan appraised her recounting of the First Contact conflict, mentioning his experience with the more warlike side of Humans. Kairi nodded sadly. "Human diversity and drive is our greatest strength against the superior qualities of the other races, but it is also our greatest weakness. For every Human that thinks like me, there are others who think the opposite. The Asentari were simply the latest people to find that out." Kairi smiled genuinely when Rowan acknowledged her hesitation to say more about herself. "It has been a while since I've had anybody willing to listen to me like that. Thank you."
Chance Meetings(Orgoth) - Page 2 Odric10
Just then, Kairi noticed the door swing open, and a silver-haired man in simple infantry armor entered the inn. The man could pass for a simple soldier, but for the elegant white cloak eerily reminiscent of Kairi's. The man's long silver hair had a streak of it's former color through it, matching the man's goatee, and it was tied back in a ponytail. He waved at the bartender, who saluted back. "The usual, Commander?" Odric shook his head and smiled. "Not today I'm afraid, Bartley. Just a tea please." Odric greeted a few people as he serenely crossed the room and approached Kairi and Rowan's table. He saluted Kairi as she rose to greet him. "Commander. Allow me to introduce Rowan Aratris." Odric smiled warmly. "At ease, Kairi. This isn't a state visit." Kairi nodded and looked to Rowan. "Rowan, this is Knight-Commander Odric Mantell." Odric extended a firm handshake to Rowan and smiled. "Just Odric will do for the moment. At least until we see what you want to do. It is an honor, Mister Aratris. Kairi has told me about your help with rescuing the Karcenak slaves from the Red Fang unit in the forest. On behalf of the Order, please accept my thanks." Odric sat down at the table and Liv arrived with his tea. "Thank you, Olivia." He picked up the hot beverage and took a sip, before eyeing Rowan with a gaze conveying respectful deference, yet somehow commanded it also. "So Mister Aratris, Kairi tells me you wish to join us. This is certainly very welcome news. Someone with your skills would be invaluable in our efforts to maintain the peace in Ka'Lesa. But if I may be so bold as to ask, what exactly caused you to leave the Eternal Watch?" Odric's expression became serious. "I only ask as to make sure that I will not be antagonizing your people by accepting your services. Your people generally serve in your armed forces or become mercenaries. We rarely get an Eldari wishing to join us."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:40 pm

"I have not had the honor of meeting Jensen, but I've heard all about him from Yavanna and Fayla. Most gifted human swordsman, I believe were Fayla's words." Rowan said smiling. "He left quite an impression on her I think." Rowan was sure there was more between the old Blademaster and Yavanna than she ever let on, but he couldn't be sure. She had never told him outright, possibly because she was to busy keeping him afloat after Kaila. Rowan nodded along as Kairi spoke about humans and their diversity. "True, though I believe for once, they didn't start it." He said. "Mmm. I'm always willing to listen." Rowan said.

The door swung open before he could say more, and a grey haired man stepped in. He wore simple armor and a white cloak. Shorter than Rowan, he carried himself like a true warrior and leader, greeting the bartender politely. He was greeted with respect as he moved through the room towards them, and it didn't take long for Rowan to make a guess as to who he was. Rowan stood along side Kairi, out of respect for the man as he joined them. Kairi introduced them. Odric extended his hand and Rowan clasped it. "Rowan Aratris." Rowan said. "Rowan is fine though." Odric started by thanking him for his help with the slaves. "It was no trouble. I was way to offer my services to the order. In a way, it has helped because you know what I'm capable of." Rowan said.

Then came the question he was expecting. Kairi had let it be, probably out of respect, be he had doubted it would be so easy to convince Odric of his good intentions without explaining. Rowan considered if he could lie, but the thought only crossed his mind for a moment. If he did, he wouldn't hold their trust for very long. Rowan sighed as they sat down. "Alas, I was hoping you wouldn't ask, but I understand why you have to." He said. "I might as well tell you both." He said, looking at Kairi incase she tried to leave thinking it private. Rowan rested his hand on Kaila's axe.

"Its a well known thing that Heanta and Eldari do not see eye to eye. We're constantly at each other's throats, ready to kill at a moment's notice. I lost.. My family.. To the heanta." He'd told Kairi how his parent's had died, so it was safe enough to say that much. "I bear little mercy for them, a fact well known by the Eternal watch. This fact was used against me by a council member. My niece Faylandrea Shor travels almost everywhere with Valatrix of The Hornless clan, a fact I was not aware of as she was afraid to tell me about it, because of my feeling towards heanta. This council member told me that Vala had been plotting to harm Fayla, not mentioning they had been friends for years or, for that matter, who she was. They sent me to Kill Vala, knowing that I'd likely succeed and if I did a war would be sparked."

Rowan paused for a moment, stroking the head of Kaila's axe as he considered how to continue. "Fortunately Fayla was able to get through to me." He said. "I returned to my homeland in a rage. My past was used against me to start a war, a transgression I was unwilling to forgive. I almost killed the council member, but sense stopped me. The golden council sided with him however, and I decided that I will not work for people who protect a warmonger." Rowan said. "I have served long enough that the Eternal Watch let me cut ties with them in lieu of punishment." Rowan said. "That is the truth of it. I regret attacking Vala, I learned soon after that she is more than just another Enemy. In regards to other heanta, I can atleast promise to keep my feelings in check, unless they prove to be up to no good."

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:17 pm

Odric nodded when Rowan introduced himself to him. "As you wish, Rowan." The Eldari confirmed that he was indeed reluctant to share his past, but he nonetheless began to tell his story. Kairi was about to excuse herself to let the two talk before Rowan mentioned that he wanted to tell her too, so she simply nodded and drank her tea. Odric studied Rowan with a gaze that was both penetrating and welcoming all at once as the Eldari explained about his long and complicated past with Heanta, resulting in an overwhelming hostility to them, even for an Eldari. Where the tale got even more interesting was Rowan explained about the recent events that led to his departure from the Eternal Watch.

Kairi was stunned as Rowan spoke of the Golden Council member that had used Rowan's feelings towards Heanta as a tool to try and start a war, realizing that the Eldari ruling class was just as unstable as any other in this land. The plot involved the death of Vala of the Hornless Clan, but was thwarted by the presence of Fayla Shor, and Rowan then realized the truth of his manipulation.He returned to Sindaron to exact revenge, but stopped short of killing the Council member. The Council had sided with this troublesome member and Rowan had resigned in protest, his centuries of service allowing him to resign without punishment. Rowan concluded his story by expressing his regret that he had made an attempt on Vala's life, before vowing to keep his feelings about Heanta in check in the future.

Once the Eldari had finished, Kairi looked to Odric for his reaction to Rowan's story, but the Human was pondering deeply for a moment while still gazing at Rowan. She offered her own opinion first. "Rowan, I'm sorry to hear about your family, and even moreso that you were manipulated by one of the many who are tasked with serving the Eldari people. The fact that such a nefarious plot was not punished by the rest of the Council is worrying, but I am glad you didn't go through with your revenge. It would not have satisfied you in the slightest." Odric finally spoke, and his expression indicated that his decision had been made. "Agreed, your account of what happened is very troubling. However, with regard to your offer to join us, I gladly accept. Of course your skill and experience are invaluable, but it is your moral and ethical convictions that I am most eager to bring on board. People of your integrity are difficult to come by these days."

Odric sipped his own tea, while Kairi beamed and offered Rowan a congratulatory handshake. "Welcome to the Order! I didn't doubt it for a second." Odric also offered Rowan a handshake, before continuing. "No doubt Kairi has told you what we do here. We don't have the resources or manpower of the Watch, so we operate from a grassroots level. We keep our ears to the ground and help wherever we can. We are not a traditional army, our military forces are primarily defensive, with small parties deployed to the Free Lands to deal with bandits, slavers and anything else that threatens peaceful trade in the area. We do have an extensive scout network in the Free Lands also. An Eldross named Shran oversees that, so if you require any information on assignments or locations, he's your man." The Commander rose and saluted Rowan and Kairi. "I would love to stay longer but I'm sure Randalla will let me know all about it if I fall behind on my paperwork. In the meantime, make yourself at home. I'm sure Kairi can give you a tour if you'd like while." Kairi nodded politely. "Of course, Commander." Odricbowed politely to Rowan. "You can let me know in the next few days where you would like to apply your skills. If you need anything, my door is always open. Until next time, Rowan Aratris." With that, Odric swept briskly out of the tavern. Kairi looked at Rowan expectantly. "What do you think, Rowan?"

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:22 pm

Rowan gave a half smile. "It was a very long time ago." He said in regards to his family. "It is a worry. The council seems almost divided. Some did not want to let him away with it, but a Majority overruled any further punishment on his part." He said. "There is more to the tale, too. When I was searching for Valatrix, I stumbled upon another pair of heanta. Korroth and Knightfall, a pair of assassins for the warlord. They had been tasked with killing the girls but they failed. Fayla and Vala damaged them significantly enough that I was able to drive them off. I may have killed Korroth, but you can never be sure with heanta. It seems that the warlord may be seeking open conflict too, though I'm not sure of his motives. Vala was reluctant to tell me more of what was going on in Kyrias." Rowan said.

Odric recapped him on the order's duties. "Yes, Kairi filled me in. In that regard, I may be able to help. I have a few connections who owe me favors, which I'm happy to use to strengthen the Order in any necessary. We can discuss that later." He said. Odric mentioned Shran and Rowan tilted his head. "Oh? A welcome surprise. I will seek him out, its been to long since I've worked with an Eldross." Rowan said. Odric then told him he should visit when he'd thought of how he'd like to be applied. "I think I have an idea, but I wont keep you. Good day, Sir." Rowan said. The commander bowed and left the inn. Rowan watched him go, before turning to Kairi as she spoke.

"You're commander is a good man." Rowan said. "Unless you were referring to the idea of showing me around, in which case I'm in." He said. "Then maybe you can tell me how to get in contact with Shran. I think my use might be out in the field, though I'm a bit more flexible than just a scout." Rowan said.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:35 pm

Kairi smiled when Rowan noted that he thought that Odric was a good man. "I believe so to. In truth, I'm not sure how he does it. The pressure of being responsible for everything here is considerable. We help where we can, but still..." Internally, Kairi was deeply troubled, and she sensed that Odric was too after Rowan's revelation that there were elements on both sides of the Eldari-Heanta divide that were angling for war. Still, she was ever more reassured to have Rowan with the Order in such circumstances. "Well, we'll deal with whatever comes... together." Rowan then expressed interest in Odric's offer to have Kairi show him around the Hold. Kairi smiled and nodded as Rowan also mentioned being eager to meet Shran. "In that case, we can begin when you are ready. I think Shran is currently here in the Hold, so you might get to meet him soon." She also wanted to try and catch Miral before she left too. Kairi hadn't had a chance to thank her for her help with the Karcenak operation, as well as getting the rescued slaves to the Hold. The Eldross was elusive as she was uncomfortable around people, and she had a habit of disappearing regularly too.

Once they got moving, Kairi led the way to the training ring and barracks. There was a class in progress in the ring at the moment, and the students and teacher alike saluted Kairi as she approached. She saluted back before turning to Rowan. "I imagine I'll find you here when you're not on assignment. Our facilities are not up to the standards of Mondolin or the Watch, but they serve well enough." She gazed at the recruits being put through their paces by a member of the Military Division, an auburn-haired Human named Sam Lavelle. "Sam is an excellent teacher. Not that you need teaching with all of your experience. He's a former Knight of Mondolin. You'd like him." Kairi stroked her chin and glanced at Rowan thoughtfully. "Actually, you might think about teaching yourself. I find it a good way to learn in and of itself, and your experience would be invaluable to helping the recruits grow."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:08 pm

Rowan could tell the news of potential war between the eldari and heanta troubled Kairi, but there was no point dwelling on a future that hadn't come to pass. Kairi offered to take him on the tour and he stood up, shouldering the strap of his greatsword. "Lets go." He said, letting her lead the way. Rowan followed Kairi to the first stop, the training rings and the barracks. Rowan looked around, taking in the area. It was small, but that didn't bother Rowan as Kairi admitted that it was probably not as good as the ones the knights or the watch used. Rowan shrugged. "I would be lying if I said you were wrong about that." He chuckled. "It is adequate. It doesn't matter where you train, as long as you do train." He said. He watched the group of warriors go through their forms as Kairi pointed out the instructor.

Rowan considered the man. "A former knight? Its good to know I'm not the first member of a different organisation the Order has poached." Rowan said. Then he chuckled. "It says something about the Order that he chose to teach here, instead of becoming a Blademaster." Rowan continued. Kairi made a suggestion that Rowan hadn't considered. He watched quietly for a moment. "I don't know if I have the right touch, to be honest. Or much to offer." He said. He wasn't familiar with humans. He'd gone too hard on the bandits earlier, forgetting that they were not heanta. They'd fallen to his blade so easily that he worried most of the men here would fair little better against a heanta, though they certainly had better tactics than ragtag bandits.

"I will consider it though, should an individual wish to learn to swing a big sword as proficiently as me." He said. He took one last at the group of soldiers before turning to Kairi. "I'm happy to continue when you are." He said.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:34 am

Kairi nodded at Rowan's comments on the Hold's training grounds. He agreed with her assessment of the facilities, but also remarked that any place for training will do, as long as the training actually happens. Kairi nodded with a smile. "You are exactly right." Rowan was impressed with the presence of a former Knight of Mondolin as a teacher at the Hold, joking that the Order was making a habit of poaching warriors from other nations. Kairi chuckled. "Perhaps. Maybe that's been our strategy all along." Rowan then offered his opinion on Kairi's suggestion that he pick up teaching, suggesting that he would be a poor teacher. Kairi thought about it for a moment, noting that she held a similar opinion when she was approached by Odric to teach. "Maybe. You'll be teaching a little bit whether you like it or not." Kairi looked to the students with a pensive look.

"One thing you'll have to get used to with the Order is the troops' perception of you. Despite our best efforts, the Order is still primarily Human. Besides myself, Odric and a few others, the Humans here don't even have powers like you and I. That means the troops will be looking up to you for guidance, especially in their hour of need. I have had to learn that my actions influence them, even moreso than my words when I teach classes." She watched one recruit stumble during his stance transition, and his fellow students helping him up. "But don't worry. They may lack the individual power that you and I possess, but together they are stronger. If you guide them well, they will support you as much as you need them too." Kairi looked back to Rowan when he said he would consider her offer, and told her he was ready to continue his tour. Kairi nodded. "Of course, follow me."

Kairi brought Rowan to the mess hall, where a smattering of troops were eating between training sessions. "This is the mess. It and the Second Sun are supplied by the surrounding farmland, though we also get regular caravans from Endaron as well." She grinned at Rowan. "So really, it's because of your people that we have the best soup in Ka'Lesa." She gestured to him to follow her again, and she led him to the north watchtower. She looked back at Rowan as she walked. "Now, this one isn't really a military facility per se, but it is an excellent place to come when you need to clear your head and get some perspective."

Kairi led Rowan up the spiral stairwell to the top of the north watchtower, the tallest tower in the Hold besides the keep, and thus the best view. She reached the top of the tower to find that it was not empty. Miral and Shran were in deep conversation at the parapet of the tower, to the point that they didn't immediately register Kairi's presence, their animal companions also engrossed with their own interaction as they sat on the edge of the towertop. They spoke in Drossan, the traditional Eldross language. It was only when Rowan arrived that the two Eldross noticed that they were no longer alone. Miral and Shran both turned to regard Kairi with polite forbearance. Kairi offered them both the traditional Eldross gesture of greeting. "Greetings, my friends. I did not mean to interrupt." Shran shook his head and smiled politely.

"Not at all, Lieutenant. Myself and Miral were just catching up." Miral nodded and spoke in her usual low voice. "Indeed. I am sorry I did not come to see you when you returned. I did not wish to distract while you were busy." Kairi smiled and waved away the apology before turning to Rowan. "Rowan, may I introduce our head of intelligence, Shran Trostani." Shran nodded politely to Rowan. "And my friend, Miral Nerys." Miral nodded politely as well, while the two feline companions finally broke from their reverie and approached Kairi and Rowanand sat in front of them. Kairi turned to the Eldross. "This is Rowan Aratris, our newest recruit." She then turned to Rowan again. "Shran will be the one you need to talk to for any intel you may need. Miral is not officially part of the Order, but she is good person and a dependable friend to have." Miral looked a little uncomfortable with the compliment, but she gave Kairi a small smile. Shran approached Rowan and offered a handshake. "I had heard that we had recruited an Eldari. It is an honor to meet you."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:15 am

Rowan listened as Kairi explained exactly what he already knew, though he did not find it condescending. He was pleased to see that she and the others understood the limitations of a normal human. Unlike Eldari or heanta, humans lacked natural magic. They were weak and unable to compete one on one with any of the other races. Of course not every eldari or heanta had access to powers, but even the relatively powerless ones could easily over power a human. Only numbers kept them alive, and people like Kairi. He wasn't sure where asentari fell on the scales, but their ability to spit fire or other elements seemed to be something they could all do.

Rowan nodded. "Understanding one's limits can mean the difference between life and death. I can't teach these men to fight a heanta alone, but I may be able to teach them to survive an encounter." Rowan said. He wasn't a teacher, or a leader. He worked best alone or with Yavanna, but he had also made a commitment to the order. He didn't say more, instead taking the time to mull over what they had discussed, and followed Kairi to the next destination, the mess hall. Kairi told me where most of their supplies came from. He knew some of what she told him, but it did make him wonder why there was no other Eldari in the Order, when they had helped create it and supplied it.

He let the thought go and smiled when she mentioned that the supplies from Endoran was the reason for the exquisite soup. "You haven't tried the soup in the golden city. When next I head that way I'll have to find a way to bring you as a bodyguard." Rowan said. Their next location was a tall tower, which Kairi liked because it gave her a quiet place to think. Rowan immediately liked it for the vantage point it gave over the surrounding area. He could spot an army several miles off from up here.  

Rowan quickly became aware that they were not alone. There was a pair of Eldross on top of the tower talking. They had the look of a pair that had seen many years, like himself. There was no obvious signs to this, more of a sense. Kairi apologized for interrupting by the pair waved it away as he explained they were just catching up. Kairi introduced Rowan who greeted them with the traditional eldross greeting along with a greeting in drossen. "It is a pleasure to meet you both." Rowan said, his keen eyes lingering on Miral. He recognized the name, but it took a moment to click in his head. He was speaking with Miral Nerys, wife of Kira Toril, the greatest warrior of all the eldross, who had single handedly held off Onyxus as her soldiers escaped.

He could sense the monumental loss Miral felt. Her family had been taken from her in one fell swoop, along with most of her kind. He knew exactly what it was like to looe a wife and child, and though they had just met he could feel a powerful connection to the Eldross, for they were kin, broken in soul. He dropped his gaze, and said nothing of her past out of respect, which was when he realised the two animals had broken from their chat to join them. Rowan smiled at the Lynx and Ocelot. Shran stepped forward to introduce himself. Rowan shook his hand. "And I you friend." Rowan replied. "I don't know exactly what I'll be doing in the order, but should you need a dependable scout or an extra hand in the field I'd be glad to help." Rowan said.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:38 am

Kairi laughed when Rowan mentioned the soup in Gilderan, and the prospect of trying to find a way to bring Kairi as a bodyguard so she can come and see for herself. "I think the hardest part will be trying to convince people that you would even need a bodyguard." Once they had met Shran and Miral in the north tower, introductions were made, and Rowan returned the warm greetings. Shran offered Rowan a handshak, which the Eldari accepted, before Rowan told him that he didn't have a specific job yet, but he would perform whichever task was needed, be it scout or just a presence in the field. Shran smiled and nodded. "Indeed. I have no doubt that you will be an excellent person to have around. Keeping an eye and a handle on the Free Lands is becoming more difficult by the day, but with your help, we have a much better chance of keeping Commander Mantell apprised of everything he needs to know to make his decisions."

Miral watched the man she had just met with a curious eye. Due to the kinship between Eldari and Eldross, Miral could tell that Rowan was old, even for an Eldari. She wondered what things he had seen in his life that gave him the aura of sorrow and regret she felt from him. She had heard of him of course. Rowan Aratris and Yavanna Elbereth were revered names in the Eldari and Eldross military circles, having made a name for themselves in the various conflicts that had marred Asmir Ka'Lesa. She felt the sting of loss, and she knew all about that. She and Shran had lost their families and their race in the Onyxus massacre, which was the main reason for the bond between the two Eldross being as strong as it was. Shran possessed a strength Miral didn't. He had applied himself, vowed to contribute to the world in order to prevent something like that from ever happening to anyone else. Miral, on the other hand, had shut herself off from the world, hiding and simply waiting for her years to waste away. But Shran gave her hope, and her various dealings recently with events in Karcenak, and the young descendant of Ren the Hornless near Kyrias, had sparked a fire in her that she thought long extinguished. If she could make a difference, she owed it to Kira and the rest to try.

Miral was broken from her reverie by a hand on her shoulder. She turned to see Shran looking at her, but she just nodded and cleared her throat. Shran bowed his head slightly before turning to Rowan and smiling. "Apologies, Rowan. We've just had a very long and difficult talk." Miral fixed her green eyes on Rowan. "Indeed. I am sorry. Something came to my attention and I became distracted." Kairi shook her head and smiled. "Don't worry, it happens." She looked to Shran and smiled. "Well, I was just giving Rowan a tour of the Hold. We'll leave you both to it." Shran nodded and smiled. "Indeed. It was a pleasure meeting you Rowan. I look forward to working with you going forward." Miral nodded before looking at Kairi with sad green eyes.

"I will be leaving once I am finished here. I hope to be back sooner rather than later." Miral smiled knowingly at Kairi. "The soup here is far too good to be away too long." Kairi grinned back. "That's what I always say. Well, in that case, safe journeys Miral. See you when you get back." She turned to Shran and nodded. "I will see you later Shran, I have some reports to go over and I wanted to pick your brain if that's alright." Shran nodded with a smile. "Of course, Lieutenant." The two Eldross turned to Rowan and offered stereo Eldross gestures of farewell. Kairi returned the gestures and turned to leave. Once outside, Kairi stroked her chin in thought before turning to Rowan. "I'm not really sure what else to show you off the top of my head. Is there anything else you wanted to see or any questions you want to ask?"

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:02 am

Rowan chuckled. "Well, that's true. I'll just get Mariel to grant you permission to visit." He said. After explaining to Shran that he hadn't been given a specific Job the Eldross still seemed pleased that he could help in any way. He nodded in agreement that the lands seemed more tremultuous in recent years. "They are lucky to have you. I look forward to working with you." Miral watched him as keenly as he did her, then Shran and Miral both apologized and Rowan shook his head. "Please, do not worry. As Kairi said, we're taking a tour. It was a pleasure to meet you both." He said, and left the two Eldross to catch up. Kairi exchanged a few last words before they headed back down the tower.

Rowan turned to Kairi as she asked him if there was anything else he wanted to see, or if he had more questions and Rowan shook his head. "No, I don't think so. A quiet place to take a nap, maybe? I'm sure my bunk hasn't been organised. I've learned to take sleep when I can get it, just about anywhere too. Unlike heanta, Eldari can't go days without it." He said and chuckled. "Much the same as humans I suppose. Speaking of which, I'm sure you're exhausted yourself. Maybe we can meet for dinner, I might have more questions for you then."

Thread End

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2