Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» Gohan Maedar
by Zenke Yesterday at 11:42 pm

» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

» Duty and War(Rowan/Yavanna Rank Up)
by Orgoth Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:01 pm

» A Dragon's Heart (Part 1)
by The Narrator Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 am

» The Gathering Storm (Undead Event Part 1)
by The Narrator Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:33 am

» Xinra Kal'Dior (Crew of Raya's Gambit)
by Orgoth Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:53 am

» The Blackspire Riders(Orgoth)
by Orgoth Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:44 pm

» Rank up Purchases
by Zenke Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:54 am

Affiliates

The Betrayal(Orgoth)

2 posters

Go down

The Betrayal(Orgoth) Empty The Betrayal(Orgoth)

Post by Zenke Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:59 am

Wood creaked as Mist, who was shrouded in a cloak that covered her head and shoulders, long blue braids dangling down her back, walked up the gangway and stepped onto the deck of the ship that would take her to Crystal Isle. She looked around the deck at the busy sailors, who glanced at her for a brief second, but said nothing. She spotted a man in a fine coat, shouting orders as he prepared the ship to move, but there was no sign of Helodir on the deck. Mist walked towards the captain, hand fiddling with the grip of her bolt launcher. She didn't like this. "I don't like this." Priscilla said, leaning against the mast. "Relax. He's probably in his cabin." She said. The golden haired Eldari didn't look anymore relaxed than Mist felt.

As she reached the foot of the stairs, the captain looked down at her. "What do you want, Girl?" The man asked. Mist looked around, took a step forward. "Is helodir aboard?" Mist asked him. The man nodded. "Aye, he is girl. Down in his cabin. Bobby, take the girl down to Master Helodir." The captain called. She looked in the direction of Bobby, a young Eldari who waved he over. "C'mon Miss." He said. Mist eyed the captain before turning and following Bobby towards the stairs leading down into the bowels of the ship. Priscilla appeared at the top of the steps. "Mist..." Mist ignored her. She was just being paranoid. She followed Bobby down the steps, into the tight quarters of the ship. He lead her Down another stairs, into an open room, and pointed. "Cabin at the back, Miss." He said, before turning and walking back up the stairs. Mist took three steps, then froze.

Priscilla appeared again. "How many years has it been, and Helodir's never once asked you to come back here." She said. Mist looked at her, glanced around. She knew now, something wasn't right. "Well, its the closest harbour to the crystal Isles." She said. "You don't even know where the Crystal Isles are, Mist." Priscilla replied. "Shut up, I do." Mist muttered back with a pout. She heard a noise, like metal grinding, and whipped out her bolt launcher, spinning around, looking back up the stairs. She took step towards the stairs, but couldn't see anything. But the feeling of wrongness only increased.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Octavia Velerius A-5 Asentari
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Umbra Moonfall A-5 Heanta
Koranna "Kora" Merciallus A-5 Asentari
Gwyneth "Gwyn" Ferrum Aurora A-5 Human
Mist, The Explosive Assassin A-5 Half-Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Experience : 2032

Resources
Resources: 26880

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Betrayal(Orgoth) Empty Re: The Betrayal(Orgoth)

Post by Orgoth Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:21 pm

Yavanna Elbereth watched from the shadows as her mark navigated the harbour. She had pursued Mistrea Fenadir for some time, ever since the young woman had begun her journey down the troubling path she currently found herself on. She peered ahead of "Mist", as she was now referred to as, to the large boat that was the transportation vessel for Heladir Quirion, the centerpiece of this plan of which Yavanna was now a part of. Recently, Quirion was found guilty of conspiring to start a war with the Heanta. His plan involved using Rowan Aratris, one of Yavanna's best friends through many centuries and the closest thing she had to a brother of her own, to hunt down and kill Valatrix of the Hornless Clan. Quirion had used Rowan's own hatred of the Heanta race against him, tricking him into thinking that Vala was plotting to kill Fayla Shor, herself the daughter of another of Yavanna's dear friends, Mariel Shor.

It was all lies of course, and fallout of this plot had resulted in Rowan leaving the Eternal Watch, having become disillusioned with Eldari politics and bureaucracy. Quirion himself was tried for treason and found guilty, though he escaped the death sentence by pleading for leniency in exchange for information. That information, as it turned out, was contact with Mist. Mist was a former student of Yavanna's, who had thrown away a promising career for a life of death-dealing. Yavanna was particularly affected by Mist's life choices, causing her to second-guess her worth as a teacher of young minds if she let Mist descend into darkness so.

So now she took it upon herself to try and make amends, for Mist's sake. The plan to capture Mist involved Quirion luring her to his private sailing ship under the pretense of a meeting. Hopefully, Mist did not know that in fact the ship no longer belonged to Quirion, and he was not going to be present. Yavanna stalked the shadows, never imagining a scenario where she would have to chase a former student through Gateway Harbour. Mist was admitted onto the vessel, and Yavanna moved into the next phase. She waited for Mist to head below deck, and made her move. landing deftly near the end of the pier, Yavanna moved like a hawk, leaping across the gap between the boat and the pier and grabbing on to the open window of Quirion's cabin and climbing in. She hid in the passage beyond the cabin behind a stack of crates, and watched as Mist entered the passage.

The young woman strode confidently at first, then suddenly became anxious, talking to herself. She turned to look back to the stairs, as if she heard something, and Yavanna waited until Mist took a step towards the stairs, before stepping out, hand on the hilt of her sword, though she refused to draw it yet. "Mistrea. It has been too long." She waited for Mist to turn around before continuing. "I have been ordered to take you into custody." Yavanna took a step forward. "Please, do not resist. I have no desire to for this to turn violent." Yavanna watched the young woman, hoping she could reach her and stop this situation from getting bloody.

Last edited by Orgoth on Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Miral Nerys and Inara R-1 Eldross
Yavanna Elbereth E-1 Eldari
Armagand Kor A-5 Asentari
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Kanetsugu Nakamura A-5 Kijin
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Experience : 1773

Resources
Resources: 31640

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:07 pm

A voice spoke behind her. "It's just Mist." Mist spun, pony tails whipping about, bolt launcher snapping up and pointed for Yavanna's throat. "I told you." Priscilla said. "Not now, Pris.." Mist looked at Yavanna, noted she hadn't drawn her swords. They had been friends once, or so she thought. Until Mariel abandoned Mist. She'd never held it against Yavanna, even if she had pushed Mariel to stop training Mist. "To long? Hey, I wanted to come visit Big Sis, but last time I saw you you tried to stop me getting justice for Priscilla. That really hurt my feelings." Mist said, still keeping her bolt launcher trained on Yavanna. Yavanna told her she'd come to take her in and Mist laughed. "Really? You're welcome to try. We both know you can't catch me." Mist said. Yavanna told her she didn't want to fight, and asked her to come quietly. "What, are you afraid of little old me?" Mist mocked.

Even so, she felt much more nervous then she came off as. Yavanna was one of the best warriors in the Eternal watch. Mist couldn't defeat her. It was the same reason Helodir had tricked Yavanna's best friend, Rowan, into working for him. They were both far beyond Mist in power. She needed to get Helodir, and escape. "Mist, Helodir betrayed you. He's not on this boat. Even if he is, you need to run." Mist didn't listen. Shook her head and waved Priscilla away with her freehand. "So, where is Helodir? I assume you've got him tied up in his Cabin. Let me talk to him, and I'll consider coming with you." Mist said, lowering her weapon slightly. "Please?" Mist asked. "I know you have him. I don't know how you figured out I was working for him." Mist said. Priscilla sighed. "Yes you do. He messed with her best friend. If someone messed with me, you'd find out about it."

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:35 pm

Yavanna made no move when Mist turned to face her, despite the young woman drawing her own weapon and pointing it at the veteran warrior. Mist's tone was immediately patronizing, claiming that her feelings were hurt when she had tried to get "justice" for Priscilla, Mist's young friend whom the young woman had accidentally killed during Mist's attempt to kill the young boys who had tormented and persecuted the two girls during their time in the academy. Yavanna's expression was unreadable. "That was a path you chose to wander down. You were not seeking justice, you were looking for revenge. They are not the same thing." Mist then dared Yavanna to make good on her orders, claiming that Yavanna would never succeed in catching her. Despite the brazen cockiness displayed by Mist so far, Yavanna could tell in her eyes that Mist wasn't entirely confident in what she was saying. Mist mocked her, questioning Yavanna's preference for a peaceful resolution, but the elder Eldari was unmoved by the blatant disrespect. "No, Mistrea. I am afraid for you."

Whether by coincidence or by will, the boat seemed to still its gentle rocking, as if it could feel the rising tension contained within its bulkheads. Yavanna watched Mist carefully as the young woman seemed to dismiss the other voice that was her constant companion with a wave of her hand. The young woman changed tack, instead asking to see Helodir Quirion. Yavanna's only physical response was to incline her head slightly, but her expression did not falter. "You can speak with him, once we reach the Damerlond. That is where Helodir Quirion is currently being held." Mist then wondered aloud how Yavanna worked out the disgraced former councilor had been employing her. Yavanna tightened her grip on her weapon, bracing herself for whatever reaction was about to come. "He gave you up himself, in exchange for leniency when he was charged with treason. He betrayed you to save himself." Yavanna took another cautious step forward, eye's still locked with Mist's. "Please, stand down. I don't want there to be anymore death in this story."

Last edited by Orgoth on Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:15 pm

Yavanna was quick to point out that Mist had chosen her path, and what she had done was not justice. Mist shrugged. "Justice, Revenge, its the same thing in the end. They got what they deserved. Not a slap on the wrist and a warning not to do it again." Mist replied, referring to how her bullies had gotten off lightly for their part in Priscilla's death. Yavanna remained calm as Mist continued to provoke her, and told her she wasn't afraid of her, but for her. While some part of her knew Yavanna still cared for her, the rest of her was annoyed at how little Yavanna actually respected her skills. She thought she was better, that she could easily beat Mist. She might win, but there would be nothing easy about it. Mist sneered in response, but said nothing.

When she appealed to speak to Helodir, Yavanna claimed that he was at the Damerlond, and she could speak to him there. Mist shook her head. No. He was on this boat. She watched Yavanna tense, tighten her grip on her weapon, before answering her final question. Mist tensed as she spoke, all of her nervous energy vanishing as Yavanna made her claim, That Helodir had been charged with treason, and had given her up in exchange for a more lenient sentance. "No." She said. "No, you're lying. He wouldn't do that." She said. Priscilla started to laugh. "I told you!" She said. Mist clutched at her head with her free hand, weapon still aimed at Yavanna. "Shut up." She whispered. Priscilla persisted. "I mean what did we expect, Mist. Everyone betrays us."

"I said shut up!" She swipped at Priscilla, looked back at Yavanna. "You're lying. Tell me you're lying!" She demanded. But she knew the truth. Could see it in Yavanna's eyes. Yavanna pleaded with her one more time to stand down. Mist started to laugh. "Why?" She said. "I've nothing to lose now but my freedom." With that, she loosed a bolt, aiming for Yavanna's leg. She didn't want to kill her, after all, but that didn't mean she wouldn't hurt her to escape. Quickly reloading as She turned and dashed up the stairs, only to run headlong into a pair of waiting soldiers. Mist lept over the first, kicking him in the back and knocking him down the stairs, before sliding past the second and planting a bolt right in his face. She dashed up the next stairs, ran head long into a locked hatch. Mist placed a shaped charge on the hatch, blast facing up, backed off and blew it as she reloaded, the blast ripping through the wood like it was nothing.

She emerged onto the deck, where the crew were waiting, weapons drawn. A spearman rushed her and she shot him in the shoulder, the force of the bolt turning his spear wide. Mist loaded another bolt, this one imbued with explosive energy. She shot the spearman in the back and the bolt exploded violently. Mist grabbed the spear from the corpse and turned, throwing it at another soldier. It hit him in the chest and knocked him over, giving her a path to the dock and the edge of the boat. Mist landed on the dock and slapped a shaped charge to the hull down as low as she could before running. Running up the dock she turned and waved to the soldiers as they scrambled after her over the railing of the boat or down the gangway, before setting off the charge. It rocked the boat, blowing a hole into the side large enough to let water come sloshing in as the boat rocked. Laughing madly, she turned to flee and found herself facing several eldari warriors in golden armor, spears and swords at the ready.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:05 am

Mist disagreed with Yavanna's appraisal of her motives, and Mist's idea of justice. Yavanna simply shook her head. "You have a lot to learn, my child." Mist seemed to admonish the voice in her head again, before accusing Yavanna of lying. The silver-haired Eldari warrior replied evenly. "You know I'm telling the truth. That's the risk you run when you hold such disreputable company." Mist also refused Yavanna's request for her to stand down, and Yavanna inwardly sighed with regret, knowing things were going to escalate despite her efforts. Sure enough, Mist escalated first. The young woman fired a bolt at Yavanna, and the elder Eldari drew her sword and sliced the bolt from the air in one fluid strike. Mist then ran back up the stairs, and as Yavanna herself turned and hauled herself out the window she had entered through, set off some sort of explosion. The locked hatch was part of the trap, but Yavanna knew that it wouldn't hold.

Yavanna gripped the side window frame and swung herself out onto the pier, just in time to see an explosion rock the boat they had just disembarked from. Mist turned to run and was confronted by a contingent of Eldari guards. Yavanna walked slowly towards Mist, weapon in hand and ready for anything. "Mistrea! Please don't make this more difficult then it needs to be." Yavanna held up a hand to signal the guards to stop their advance, and the situation became even more dangerous than before, something Yavanna could not forget as she heard Quirion's vessel sinking behind her.

Last edited by Orgoth on Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:37 pm

Mist heard footsteps and sighed as Yavanna came up behind her. The soldiers seemed to back off, as Yavanna asked her not to make things more difficult. Mist turned around, braids swishing, and looked at Yavanna. "Gotta give it to you, Vanna, i didn't expect you to get off the boat so quickly." She said, looking around. "You don't want any more death right? So stop pursuing me. Otherwise I'll leave a trail of bodies, starting with the three tin heads behind me." Mist said. She heard the soldiers shift in their armor. She felt the tension, the soldiers wanted to attack and take her down, but they were also listening to Yavanna's orders. Mist grinned. "My next stop will be their families." That was enough to get to one of them, and she turned as heavy footsteps charged towards her, spear aimed for her face. Mist avoided it and yanked on the spear, pulling the man off balance before tripping him towards Yavanna. The swordsman took a step towards her, and Mist leapt back, reaching into the pouch at her belt before throwing down a small orb between the swordsman and other spearman's feet.

She turned away as it hit, and a powerful burst of light, along with some pretty sparkles, exploded into existance and blinded the soldiers. Mist heard them cursing and stumbling as She took the chance to quickly scale the side of the nearest building, using window sills and facia to quickly reach the top. She stopped at the top, looking down at Yavanna. "See, I can honor my promises. Don't chase me and no one else get's hurt." She said waving. "It was nice seeing you again big-." An arrow clipped her shoulder, fired the street below. Mist glanced at her arm, which was bleeding, before glaring at the archer, outrage taking over her desire to escape. "Ok no that one dies." She said, as he drew back another arrow. Mist used pure speed to avoid the arrow and ran along the rooftop to close the distance, before forming a ball of fire in her hand and lobbing it into his face. He stumbled back, screaming, and she shot him in the throat for good messure.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:27 pm

Yavanna did not rise to Mist's mocking expression of admiration for her escape. Mist then gave Yavanna an ultimatum, to which Yavanna simply shook her head in dismissal. "You know as well as I do that it won't actually end if you are permitted to go free. I know you better than you think, and I know you can't help yourself." Sure enough, Mist couldn't resist trying to goad one of the soldiers into attacking her, and unfortunately for Yavanna's hopes, she got what she wanted. The man charged forward to attack, but Mist redirected his attack and sent him sprawling towards Yavanna. Another soldier advanced but Mist jumped away, dropping a small orb between the two remaining soldiers. Yavanna had no idea what it was, but given that it came from Mist-

"Get away from it!" Yavanna ducked behind a crate as the device went off. The troops recoiled as the flash blinded them, though Yavanna knew it could have been much worse. She stood back up to see Mist clambering onto a rooftop and turning to look at her, the young woman using this display so far as proof of your word as she waved goodbye. She was interrupted though by an arrow that grazed her upper arm. Mist's tone changed entirely, and Yavanna shouted in protest at what she knew was going to happen next. "Mist! No!" It was in vain however, as Mist was at the archer in a flash, incinerating his face with a fireball before shooting him in the nack and ending his life with callousness.

Yavanna advanced directly towards Mist now, knowing that a conflict was inevitable. Yavanna knew that she couldn't hope to catch Mist in a footrace, so she had to get Mist to stop running and engage with other means. "As I expected. You have never once kept a promise since I've known you. You have not had an easy life, I know this, but you have done yourself no favours either. Instead of working hard and rising above to honor your struggle and the memory of your friend, you just lash out and blame everyone else. You blame me, you blame Mariel, you blame Remari and the others. Fine." Yavanna pointed her sword at Mist and, for the first time since she got here, frustration crossed Yavanna's face. "I blame you. I am here to take you in, because you keep doing things on a whim and are surprised when bad things happen. You don't think and you have no concept of consequences." Yavanna sank into a combat stance, silently asking Mariel for forgiveness. "You like to accuse people of betraying you. Well I say, you betrayed me. You betrayed Mariel, and you betrayed Priscilla."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:40 pm

Mist looked down at the dying archer and cocked her head. She'd heard Yavanna cry out in protest, and felt a flicker of guilt, quickly forgotten as the swordswoman approached her. "Oops, sorry. I got a little carried away. I'm sure that can be healed." She looked at the archer who was very dead. "No no, he's very dead." Yavanna began to berate her, telling her she wasn't surprised, and that Mist had never kept a promise in her life. She looked at her, slightly taken aback by the outburst. "That's not true." She said with a pout, but Yavanna kept going, accusing her of blaming everyone but herself. "I never- Yavanna..." She said. She only blamed them, because it was their fault. But she'd never blamed Yavanna. Yavanna had helped her, and she'd never forgotten that.

Yavanna didn't give her a chance to speak, as she drew her sword and told Mist what she really thought. It was like she'd struck Mist, who took a step back at her words. "I... Its not my fault. " She said, stepping back again. Yavanna sank into a combat stance as she delivered the final blow, by claiming that Mist had Betrayed her, and Mariel, and Priscilla. "You don't mean that..." Mist whispered. "I didn't.. No, no, no..." She felt rage creeping up on her, as she tried to comprehend what Yavanna had just said. She looked for Priscilla, who was nowhere to be seen, as if she didn't want Mist to see the truth on her face. She looked at Yavanna, seen the hatred in her eyes. Of course.. She'd never been Mist's friend. She'd never cared.

"I have always looked up to you. Never once blamed you, even when you told Mariel to stop training me. I thought you only wanted the best for me!" She said, taking a slight combat stance of her own. "But maybe I was wrong. Well, if this is what you want, so be it!" Mist said, and her hand snapped up in a flash as she slammed a bolt into her weapon, infusing it with an explosive Aura before firing it at Yavanna's feet. "I didn't want to hurt you, but you're not giving me a choice!" She said, loading another bolt as she backed up the street, watching Yavanna and waiting for her retort.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:56 pm

Yavanna saw the effect her words were having on Mist, and she felt sick to her stomach. But she knew she had no choice. Yavanna Elbereth was old enough and experienced enough to be able to make a difficult choice in battle, and this was a battle now. The young woman seemed to disintegrate in front of Yavanna's eyes, but eventually Mist seemed to gather herself and make some decision. The young Eldari returned the volley by telling her former academy master that she had always looked up to her, that she though she always wanted the best for Mist. Yavanna's expression became stony again, but a single tear fell from her right eye. Mist then announced her decision, and the battle commenced.

Yavanna watched the bolt coming towards her, knowing there was only one reason a markswoman of Mist's quality would aim at the ground beneath her target. Yavanna leapt and flipped through the air as the explosion went off beneath her. She landed deftly just in front of where the explosion occurred and began walking towards Mist more deliberately now, speaking with a flat voice. "You claim to look up to me, but you step on every ideal I hold." Yavanna drew Running River from her back holster as she approached. "I do want the best for you, but I cannot allow to destroy what I have worked my entire life to protect with your twisted vendetta against the world."

With that, Yavanna used her Afterimage, appearing to split into three people. The two illusions flanked Mist from either side and attacked with standard horizontal swings, while the real Yavanna slid low and attempted to gash the back of Mist's knee as she slid. Yavanna would then regain her feet quickly, aiming a couple of probing thrusts at Mist's joints, attempting to slow the young woman down without causing massive damage.

Last edited by Orgoth on Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:02 pm

Yavanna lept gracefully over the attack Mist fired at her feet, landing in front of it. Slowly advancing, she told Mist if she’d really looked up to Yavanna, she wouldn’t be stepping on every Ideal the women held. Mist genuinely didn’t understand what Yavanna was saying. Before she could consider or reply to what Yavanna was saying, the woman continued, claiming that while she wanted the best for Mist, she wouldn’t stand by and let Mist continue her vendetta against the world. Again, Mist didn’t understand. They had both killed people, it was hardly a big deal. ”Vendetta? I got justice, and Remari and my mother got what they deserved. I never wanted to hurt you, or Mariel.” She said. She knew that, had Helodir ordered her to Kill Mariel or another councilmember, she’d do it without question. Or would have, before he’d betrayed her.

Yavanna dashed towards her, splitting into three. Mist was quick enough to identify the more direct attacks as tricks, but not quick enough to completely avoid the real attack, the knife cutting across her calf as she jumped through an afterimage. Yavanna pursued, attempting to attack her joints, but after the first strike missed, Mist used her speed to get distance, throwing a ball of ice at the ground that exploded and left a patch of ice, to dissuade Yavanna from following her directly. She looked at the cut on her leg as she came to a stop, blood seeping slowly into the edges of the gash in pant leg, before looking up at Yavanna. ”You cut me.” She said in disbelief. Up until now, she really hadn’t expected Yavanna would actually hurt her, and that realisation stung more than the shallow wound.

Mist clenched her fist. Disbelief turning to anger. She’d tried to control herself before, when Yavanna said those terrible things. But now… She’d hurt Mist.. ”I kill people, like I was trained to do. I just don’t do it for the Eternal watch. Do you think that makes you better than me, Yavanna? Because you do it for what? Your people? Your ideals? Don’t act all high and mighty, when you’re the biggest killer around.” She spat the last part. Mist raised her bolt launcher, and shot a bolt at Yavanna’s shoulder, using the quick attack as a distraction as she formed a Bomb with a set of snapping jaws that clacked away as she lobed it towards Yavanna. The Bomb exploded on impact, blasting a 15ft area with explosive force spraying shrapnel through the area. She quickly placed a shaped charge at her feet, waiting for Yavanna to come at her before leaping away and blowing it up, the blast dealing weak damage in a 10ft area.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:23 pm

Yavanna shook her head as Mist responded to her mentioning of a vendetta against the world with a revelation that didn't shock Yavanna as much as it disappointed her. Apparently Mist's biological mother was another who had experienced Mist's justice. "Lenore Caldwell... you did that?" The murder of Lenore Caldwell and her parents at the their family home was still an unsolved case, but Yavanna had had her suspicions who might have been responsible. The fact that Mr. Caldwell had been killed by an explosion was damning, but Yavanna had still held out hope that she was wrong. But now, she knew her fears had been true.

Mist managed to evade Yavanna's initial flurry, though the young woman did ship a cut to her calf, and Yavanna was forced to stop short when Mist threw an ice attack that shattered dramatically on the ground between them. Mist displayed disbelief that Yavanna had harmed her so, and despite the sadness in her heart Yavanna kept her expression neutral. "I do not wish to, but you leave me no choice." Mist then launched into a diatribe about how Yavanna also kills as part of her duty for the Eternal Watch, and that her and Mist were the same, given Yavanna's history as a soldier. Yavanna was prepared for such a response, though her reply was still genuine. "I kill when I have no other choice, when the lives of innocents depends on it. You kill for revenge, to fulfill your own twisted sense of justice. We are not the same."

Mist then made her move, firing a bolt at Yavanna which the Eldari veteran parried away just before it hit home. The bolt was a diversion however, as Mist threw a device with mean looking jaws her way. Yavanna activated her Reposition ability, and shot past the device in the blink of an eye, not waiting to see what would happen when it hit the ground. The Reposition step brought her right up to Mist, only for the young woman to jump backwards. But Yavanna was not in the mood for games of cat and mouse, and she stepped from her first Reposition step into her next one, speeding past Mist as she jumped back and appearing behind her former protege. She then aimed a slice for the back of Mist's knees, before aiming another slash for Mist's hand, trying to disarm her of her weapon.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:48 pm

Yavanna knew who she was talking about, but had hoped it hadn't been true. Mist shrugged. "In my defence, I never intended to. The last truthful thing she said to me, You know, before the begging and the pleading, was 'Who could love a thing like you?' Like I was some sort of monster. Maybe she was right, but it still hurt." Mist laughed at Yavanna's claims that she only killed for others. "What's the difference." She said. Yavanna was quick to react to Mist's counter attacks, using an ability to dodge both her bomb and trap, attempting to get behind Mist. Mist backflipped over Yavanna to avoid the low slice, but Yavanna spun and slashed her across the hand, the blade cutting across her knuckles. Mist let out a hiss of pain and dropped her bolt launcher, but managed to snatch the weapon out of the air with her other hand, and used the momentum to go into a spin.

She pulled the blade on her hip free with her injured and, attempting to hit Yavanna with a reverse gripped slash as she came back around to face her, pulling a bolt from the pouch on her belt. She backstepped, tossing the bolt to her knifehand before slamming it home, and attempted to shoot Yavanna in the thigh from close range. She knew Yavanna would cut her to ribbons if she remained close, so Mist used her Volcanic fury to force Yavanna back with an intimidating conflagration of fire that did weak damage, and might catch fire to Yavanna's cloths or something. Eitherway, Mist used the fire cloud to get distance she sheathed her Nife before slamming a bolt into her bolt launcher, and quick began scaling a building to get the high ground. About halfway up she took a shot at Yavanna, and releaded as she reached the top.

Last edited by Zenke on Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:38 pm

Yavanna listened as Mist attempted to justify her actions by claiming it wasn't her intention to do it when she went to the Caldwell family home on that fateful day. Yavanna had always sympathised with Mistrea's struggles growing up, including the unfair treatment she received from her birth mother before she was adopted by a different family. Yavanna Elbereth had offered advice and assistance, but in reality there was little she could do for the young woman. Then finally, Mist dismissed Yavanna's argument about their reasons for violence with a laugh, and Yavanna then knew that the negotiations were over. Her options had merged into a singular course.

Yavanna managed to successfully scored a hit to Mist's hand, but the young woman managed to catch her weapon in her other hand. Mist spun and attempted to slash Yavanna with her knife, but Yavanna managed to parry with her blade. Mist then stepped back, loading her projectile weapon  before firing it at Yavanna's leg. She moved to the side, though the bolt still grazed her thigh, leaving a shallow cut in her pants. Yavanna then stepped forward, and saw Mist's hands and forearms beginning to glow orange, and knew what was coming. She leapt backwards and shrouded herself with her cloak, grunting as the flames caught her a bit as she retreated. Yavanna landed, cast her now smouldering cloak aside and charged forward, activating her Bladewall. A quartet of phantom blades took up a defensive position a bout a foot from her body.

Mist had begun to scale a building, and Yavanna responded by scaling the neighbouring structure to try and keep things on level ground. Yavanna reached the top and found a bolt coming her way, which one of her blades threw itself in front of. The blade blocked the bolt before shattering into nothing. Yavanna's retort was swift, drawing River and hurling it at Mist, aiming for her leg. Hit or miss, Yavanna then charged forward, recalling River to her hand and hurling it again at Mist's legs again. The veteran warrior leapt over the gap between the buildings and recalled her knife to her hand again, prepared for a retort, and continued her pursuit.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:07 pm

Mist noticed Yavanna had created blades around her, and one of those blades blocked the bolt before shattering. Yavanna had climbed the building across from her, throwing her knife at Mist. She avoided the throw, attempting to pin the knife down with her foot but it vanished, and Yavanna threw it again, the blade catching her leg as it shot by. Mist grimaced as the knife vanished. Mist watched Yavanna charge and prepare to jump across, and with a grin she slapped down a shaped charge approximatedly where Yavanna would land, jumping away as she blew it and ripped a hole through the roof large enough for Yavanna to fall through.

Mist backed up from Yavanna, whether she fell in the hole or not and, unleashed a bolt when she got a clear shot. She followed by reloading while continuing her retreat, and firing again. As she reloaded a third bolt, she infused it with an explosive blast, but also overcharged it, increasing the normally very weak damage to weak. Even if Yavanna's fancy sword blocked this one, it would blow up in her face, or atleast around her legs, since she had aimed all three bolts relatively low. She hadn't reached the point where she wanted to kill or severely injure Yavanna, but she needed to slow her down.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:47 am

Yavanna's leap was not without its risks, but she had long come to accept that risk was part of the game in her life as a soldier. Sometimes the risks paid off, sometimes they didn't. This was one example of a risk that nearly cost her dearly. As she launched herself across the gap between the buildings, Yavanna saw Mist leap backwards, leaving some sort of device behind. Yavanna spun her sword in front of her, and her Flame Wheel activated just in time to protect her from the blast. The roff underneath it had collapsed however, and Yavanna swung her knife up and caught the edge of the wall with it, using it as a climbing hook to haul herself up and on to the rooftop.

A bolt came Yavanna's way quickly as she scrambled up, and another floating blade made the ultimate sacrifice, blocking the bolt and shattering out of existence. Yavanna saw Mist retreating and loosing another bolt at her, which brought Yavanna's floating blades down to one. Yavanna kept up her pursuit, and another bolt came her way swiftly. This one had some sort of aura emanating from it, and when Yavanna's remaining sword blocked it, she knew why. The bolt exploded, and Yavanna turned as the explosion engulfed her lower half. Her legs were covered in cuts and bruises, and her pants were scorched and smoldering slightly, but she was otherwise intact.

Yavanna resumed her inexorable pursuit, but she changed tack. Yavanna activated her Blades of Fury, charging her blade with energy. She then slashed three times at Mist, sending energy slashes shooting forward, aiming for the young woman's legs with Weak damage on each one.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:54 pm

Mist watched as Yavanna almost fell, but managed to catch the wall with her knife and clamber onto the roof. She laughed, remembering how Knightfall had fallen for the same trick. When Mist opened fire, Yavanna’s blades did exactly as intended and before Yavanna could react to the last shot, her last blade blocked it, and the explosion blasted her legs. Mist stayed long enough to make sure she was alive before turning and running. She wasn’t expecting Yavanna to be back on her feet quite so fast, nor was she expecting her to unleash a barrage of energy blades.

Mist kept running, almost at the peak of the roof. She leaping over the first blade, and went into a cartwheel to avoid the second, but as she righted, the third hit the back of her calf, cutting deep into her leg. Mist toppled over the peak of the roof with an anguished scream, rolling against the tiles before coming to a stop in the middle of the roof. Mist pushed herself to her feet, but as soon as she put weight on her leg, she toppled back on to the roof. She looked in Yavanna’s direction, tears streaming down her face as she started to back away from the woman. ”Why can’t you just leave me alone!” She said.

”I didn’t want to come back here, I was going to stay away from you both! I never wanted to hurt you or Mariel but you forced me to fight! Why, why can’t you just let me go?! I don’t deserve this!” Mist dropped her weapon into her lap and covered her face with her hands, crying uncontrollably.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:57 pm

Yavanna advanced like the inexorable advance of the day after the night. The energy blades had soared for their target and, despite Mist's best efforts, the third one had hit its mark. The energy sliced the young woman across the calf, sending Mist tumbling over the peak of the roof their dangerous game of cat and mouse had led them to. Mist tried to get to her feet, but the pain in her calf was clearly too much, and she crumpled to the deck again. Yavanna drew near, and slowed to a stop, face like stone as Mist looked to her former teacher with a tear strewn face. The young woman cried out, inconsolable and distraught at where she found herself. Yavanna lowered her weapon and searched herself, debating how honest to be. She decided on absolute candour.

"Mistrea... you know I have no choice. You cannot be permitted to continue your path of destruction, without consequence. Every action has consequences, intended or not. In time, you would have learned that on your own." Yavanna noticed Eldari guards arriving to the area, weapons drawn. She waved them to stand down, and they all stopped short and lowered their weapons. Yavanna returned her gaze to her former student, regret filling her veins. "Unfortunately, what I failed to teach you has cost many their lives. Everyone you killed... everyone you delivered your perverted interpretation of justice to... their blood is equally on my hands. I have failed." Yavanna took a few more steps forward, wiping her blade on her sleeve and sheathing it in one fluid movement, her face a mask of introspection. "Please.... Mistrea.... this needs to stop. Priscilla would not want to you to destroy yourself on a twisted crusade to avenge her."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:18 pm

Mist inched back as Yavanna approached. The woman stopped, and Mist looked up at her as she stopped, and lowered her weapon. She started by telling her she had no choice, and that Mist’s actions had consequences. Mist didn’t understand. People committed murder all the time. Council members ordered soldiers to fight and kill heanta on the border, because they didn’t like heanta. They ordered assassinations and executions. What made Mist any different from them, and why was it only her who had to suffer the consequences? No matter how hard Yavanna tried to convince her she was any worse than anyone else, she wasn’t going to accept it.

Yavanna paused, to wave back soldiers down in the street. Mist ignored them, as if they had any real chance of stopping her if she decided to not listen. But as Yavanna spoke, she listened. She felt bad that Yavanna blamed herself when there was nothing she’d done wrong, and told her priscilla wouldn't want her to destroy herself like this. Mist didn't really register that. ”It’s not your fault.“ Mist said. Maybe she could make Yavanna understand. ”Its not their fault, either. It’s just the way we are. Everyone kills. They’d have done the same to me, but its fine, right? That’s what people do. The heanta understand it better than anyone else. They don’t hide from nature, they embrace it. Like people embrace love and friendship. Death is a part of life.” Mist tried to stand, but wasn’t quite there yet, so she stayed down and kept talking.

”The council kills, when they send soldiers like you out to end lives. Why are they any different than me or you? They’re not, right? They obviously like it, or we’d have all stopped killing each other long ago. And since we haven’t, then why is it so wrong? Do Dragons care, when they wipe out a forest? Do dogs care, when they hunt a rabbit? Can’t you see, Yavanna? There's nothing wrong with it. It's good sometimes even. I've killed people far worse than anything you've ever seen. Bad men and women, who got better than they deserved.” Mist said. She watched her friend. Maybe she’d get through to her. Maybe it would take time. Eitherway, she didn’t want to fight her anymore. ”What will happen to me?” She asked. If she surrendered.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:55 pm

Yavanna watched as Mist considered her words, hoping that the young woman would absorb something from them. Hoping, that there was any hope at all for Mistrea Fenadir. But when the young woman finally spoke, it was clear that Yavanna had once again failed. Mist spoke of embracing death as a natural part of life, as the Heanta had done, comparing the concept of death to that of love and friendship. Yavanna shook her head, almost in disbelief at Mistrea using the Heanta, of all people, as an example of the natural order of life. She thought of Rowan and Mariel, both of whom had lost their loves to the Heanta, and was relieved for Mist that it was not one of them here in Yavanna's place. "With all due respect, that is dangerously, dangerously arrogant. There are a great many people that don't kill, and those are who I kill to protect. Yes, death is a natural conclusion to our existence, but not if you inflict it on someone against their will. Death is sometimes necessary to fulfil my duty, but it is a last resort when all other options have been exhausted."

Mist then continued, and it was at this point that Yavanna realized the full extent of Mist's descent into madness. The young woman justified her senseless murdering using the examples of the Golden Council, dogs, and even the destruction of Harodiel by Onyxus as proof of her point of view. Yavanna opened her mouth but nothing came out. She was at a complete loss for words. The Golden Council had their flaws and problems, the flaming wreckage of former-Councilor Quirion's boat was proof of the fallibiity of those in power was proof of that. She ignored the dog example, but to use the unforgivable acts of Onyxus to excuse her own lack of morality? That was not only a spit in the face to the Eldross people, but also to Dalrodir Shor, who had given his life to stop Onyxus from causing more destruction. Yavanna had no doubt that if it was an Eldross ranger having this conversation with Mist, then the young woman would not have walked away alive. fought hard to contain her emotions as she finally formed words in her mind.

"Mistrea... I am sorry." The profoundness of what was happening was shaking Yavanna to the core. For the first time on over seven-hundred-and-fifty years, Yavanna Elbereth was admitting defeat. "I have no doubt you have killed some terrible people, but you have also killed innocents and caused irreparable damage to many others." Yavanna breathed deeply, emotionally spent. "You have only live a fraction of the time I have, and you have no idea what I've seen, and what I have to live with. Each time I have made the decision to end another's life, I've lost a bit of myself too. I had hoped you would see that and realize how precious life is." Yavanna moved forward again until she was beside Mist, tears in her eyes. "It is out of my hands now. You will be brought before the council, and you will be judged for your crimes. Mariel and I have pleaded for leniency, but we can do no more. You have gone down a path... that I can no longer follow." Yavanna gestured to one of the guards who had made it on to the roof, and he advanced slowly with a pair of enchanted manacles. "Until you realize that your actions have consequences and affect other people, you cannot be allowed to go free."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:47 pm

Yavanna refused to see Mist’s point of view, calling her way of thinking arrogant. ”You don’t understand.” She said sadly. Yavanna went on, trying to explain that she killed to protect the people who didn’t kill. Mist shook her head. Yavanna spoke about how each time she killed, she lost some of herself. Mist didn’t believe that. When she took a life, she gained a new experience. There was nothing lost. She knew there was no point in talking further, so she listened as Yavanna told her it was out of her hands. ”And if they want to kill me? Will you do it, or will you watch someone else? Are you going to let them do that to me?” She asked.

Mist looked at the man as he climbed onto the roof, and Yavanna gestured him over. He carried manacles she knew would block her magic. Mist held up her wrists, and he stepped over. "Mist, don’t.. They’re going to kill you." Priscilla appeared between the man and Mist, placing her hands on Mist’s outstretched Wrists. "And If they kill you.. They kill me." Mist looked at her, and Priscilla smiled. "I don’t blame you. No matter what She said, you didn’t betray me." She said. Priscilla’s form shimmered as the man passed through her, reaching towards her.

The manacles were inches from her skin when she moved and caught his wrists, quickly pulling him down and rolling him up. She Placed a breach charge on his chest with one hand before kicking him away towards Yavanna, and planted another beneath herself, face down. ”I’m sorry.” She said, blowing both charges, and the roof popped beneath Mist as the other one probably eviscerated the soldier’s chest. Mist landed on her feet unsteadily, and planted another charge, blowing a whole in the floor as a distraction before diving through a doorway. Mist dashed through a hall, before flinging herself down a set of stairs, going down two floors before entering a hall and opening a window.

She dropped one story from the window, landing hard. Her leg gave out but she held back her scream and pushed through the pain, forcing herself back onto her feet. She made it into an alley, seconds before soldiers made it into the street, and dashed down it. She burst from the Alley, bumping into two soldiers. She ran left as they attacked, sword’s slashing wildly. She was gone in a shot, speeding away from them. Another soldier intercepted her, and Mist turned right, then left as more soldiers blocked her path. She turned down an alley and bounded over a gate, leaping into a square.

Mist realised to late, that there was soldiers at every exit, and that she’d been herded like a cat. ”Mistrea Fenadir, by order of the council of Cinderon, you are hereby under arrest. Stand down now. I will not show the same restraint as Second-Watch Elbereth.” The woman said. Even so, she made no move to approach Mist, or send anyone after her. Mist started to laugh, pulling out her bolt launcher. ”Yavanna won’t blame me, you threw yourselves to your death.” Mist replied, preparing to kill them all. Just this last obstacle, and she would be free.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:37 pm

The first betrayal was Yavanna's.

Yavanna's heart sank, as if she herself was sinking to the deepest levels of Novaris. Despite her best efforts, Yavanna had failed to make Mist see reason. She had known the battle she chose of course, and it was always going to be an uphill task to try and rescue Mistrea Fenadir from a voice inside her that Mist herself was creating. But now, as the young woman simply shook her head forlornly at Yavanna's apparent lack of understanding of her way of thinking, the elder woman was forced to admit defeat. Though she was assigned this task by her superiors, the truth is that she would have volunteered for it regardless. For Mist, she could do no less. But here and now on this rooftop in Gateway Harbour, Yavanna Elbereth was forced to conclude that for Mist, she could do no more. "No, Mistrea. Because of my failure... it is you who does not understand." Yavanna betrayed Mist by failing.

The next betrayal, was Mist's.

As Mist moved to plant the second device on the ground at her feet, the first being attached to the chest of a panicked guard who had just been kicked towards her, Yavanna sighed inwardly. Deep down, she had expected this treachery. She had only hoped to be wrong. But hope was gone now. Thinking quickly and using the time allotted to her when Mist turned to apologise before detonating, Yavanna grabbed the strcken guard and ripped the device from his chest, hurling the thing high into the air in one quick motion. The device detonated, at the same time as the one beneath Mist did, dropping the young woman to the floor below. Fortunately, Yavanna had not lived as long as she had, without an appreciation for contingency.

Yavanna headed off quickly, hoping her men would follow her orders to the letter. Anticipating either one last escape attempt or Yavanna's emotions compromising her ability to complete her mission, the unit of guards were order to cover all exits and to divert Mist to the main market square, a large expansive area that would be deserted at this time and would provide little opportunity to cause collateral damage. Yavanna used the rooftops to traverse the streets quickly, and soon reached the edge of a roof that overlooked the market. The guards all stopped in a perimeter around the young woman, shields raised. A guard offered Mist one last chance to surrender which Mist declined with harsh laughter. She had been cornered in the square as planned, but she was now reverting to her most base instincts, weapon ready and preparing to fight to the death.

Yavanna had one chance to stop this from escalating any further, and she took it. Leaping from her perch, she pulled a pair of enchanted manacles from her pouch and activated her Reposition power again. This time, she shot towards the woman, using both steps of her ability to land beside the young woman. Manacle at the ready, Yavanna attempted to grab the weapon arm of her former pupil, attempting to wrap the manacle around the arm in one quick motion hopefully before the woman had time to react. If that succeeded, Yavanna would use leverage and technique to pull the manacle behind Mist, trying to enforce a surprise hammerlock, while she also forced the woman to the ground, signalling the nearest guards to assist while she completed the arrest. Peering down with tear-strewn eyes, Yavanna's expression remained impassive. "I'm sorry you chose this path." Yavanna gently lifted Mist to her feet, and ordered her troops to stand down.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:47 pm

Mist raised her bolt launcher, when someone hit her from the side. She turned as she realised Yavanna had grabbed her weapon hand, bending  her wrist up as she clamped a manacle over it and knocked the weapon free from her hand. The bolt launcher fired as it bounced out of her hand. Mist grabbed her knife with her free hand, and raised it to stab at Yavanna, but as she looked at her mentor, she hesisted to long, and an arrow hit her hand, knocking the blade free. Mist screamed in rage as Yavanna reached for her other hand, and twisted away from her, aiming an elbow strike to the woman's face as she tried to break free from her grip. The other woman, the soldier who had spoken, was rushing across the square, bow in her hand, and she dropped it as she attempted to catch Mist's free arm. Mist spun in Yavanna's grip and kicked the woman in the face and sent her sprawling.

She knew she wasn't getting away, and it was a matter of time before Yavanna overwhelmed her. She tugged away as hard as possible, and a metal orb formed in her hands, glowing dangerously bright. One of her Pyro Bombs, overcharged. She looked at Yavanna, remembered everything the woman had done for her, and dropped it. She was between Yavanna and the blast, so hopefully she would survive, but Mist wasn't going to be around to find out. As it fell towards the ground and Mist gave up struggling, Yavanna took her down to the ground and clamped the other manacle shut as it bounced off the ground and rolled to a stop a few feet from her face. She watched the glow fade from the bomb, and then the metal disintegrated, turning to dust along with her freedom.

Mist wanted to scream and thrash and rage, but instead she went limp as she withdrew on herself. Yavanna and the other woman pulled her to her feet, and Yavanna told her she was sorry she'd chosen this path. Mist turned her face away, refusing to look at Yavanna. "You should have killed me." She said quietly, and didn't speak again after that. "Good timing, Second-Watcher Elbereth." The woman said, looking at Mist with a scowl. "Take this one to the prison carriage, and make sure those manacles are tight. We don't want her getting free." She said. Two soldiers grabbed Mist, one pushing on the small of her back to make her move.

Thread End

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down