Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» Gohan Maedar
by Orgoth Today at 5:29 am

» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

» Duty and War(Rowan/Yavanna Rank Up)
by Orgoth Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:01 pm

» A Dragon's Heart (Part 1)
by The Narrator Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 am

» The Gathering Storm (Undead Event Part 1)
by The Narrator Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:33 am

» Xinra Kal'Dior (Crew of Raya's Gambit)
by Orgoth Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:53 am

» The Blackspire Riders(Orgoth)
by Orgoth Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:44 pm

» Rank up Purchases
by Zenke Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:54 am

Affiliates

Preparing for Disaster (open)

2 posters

Go down

Preparing for Disaster (open) Empty Preparing for Disaster (open)

Post by Jun Tue May 10, 2022 3:51 am

Tohma had listened to the report. And after Nakamura's report and dismissal, chaos erupted. While the mostly white haired man was comforted by the fact his brother was in favor of sending help right away, being the one that agreed with Kitamura Tsuno. Someone provided a good point about Koroi Tsuno, and bickering started to escalate. The Blue Lotus captain sighed and was about to do his signature whistle to get the floor when Asaka Tsuno stood up and slammed her weapon on the desk, gaining everyone's attention. Nodding at the woman, and Taisho's suggestion, he started on off towards his section of the Lotus headquarters. His assistant met him at the door. "Well that face says it all. That bad?" The tall ginger spoke to his shorter commander.

"Worse. The Black Night all over again. Undead on the surface world, the council can't make up its mind, the usual." His assistant sputtered in disbelief. "Don't worry friend. I doubt we'll stay on the sidelines for long. Make sure the mounts are ready at a moment's notice." His assistant nodded, and ran off to do exactly that. Tohma on the other hand, had other work to do. Going into his office, he got a copy of the map that they knew of the surface world. The location of the town, and threat axis. History would need to be read as well, since to have undead, you need corpses. Where would there be enough corpses to be a threat? Hopefully they'll learn more tomorrow as well. Luckily, they got some books and scrolls from the surface world. Time for some book diving...

Kronos Lohengrin. Asentari. R-1
Rory Bloomfield. Human. R-1
Aether Favonius. Human. A-3

Tohma Tomoshibi. Kijin. A-4
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Experience : 6558

Resources
Resources: 8060

Back to top Go down

Preparing for Disaster (open) Empty Re: Preparing for Disaster (open)

Post by Orgoth Sun May 15, 2022 9:14 am

Kanetsugu strode serenely through the main Lotus facility in Yokuda City, a great many things on his mind. First and foremost was his experience on the surface world recently, the nature of which precipitated his return home with haste. The situation, as both himself and his brother Kojiro had observed it, was foreboding to say the least. A flare-up of undead activity had occurred near a place known as Serenity Valley, the severity of which Kanetsugu had not seen since his reconnaisance mission into Shino clan grounds before the Black Night. The numbers of undead being produced were staggering, and the two brothers surmised that the real puppeteer had yet to be revealed, despite the theatrics and arrogance of the one called Aristorath. Thus the plan was agreed between the two Nakamura scions, Kanetsugu would return first due to his superior rank in order to deliver a preliminary report to the Council, while Kojiro would remain for two more days to observe developments before following suit.

The implications of another outbreak of necromancy weighed heavily on Kanetsugu's mind as he approached the offices of the Blue Lotus, the subdivision of the Lotus that dealt with the logistical capacity of the organization, including transport mounts and mounted combatants. He passed a tall red-haired person whom he recognized as the assistant to the Captain of the Blue Lotus. Kanetsugu stopped and bowed respectfully. "Is Captain Tomoshibi in his study?" Upon receiving confirmation, Kanetsugu thanked the assistant and approached the door of Tohma Tomoshibi. If Yokuda was going to build a response to this new undead threat, the Blue Lotus would be vital to expediate that response. He knocked on the door, then opened it when beckoned. Kanetsugu entered the office an bowed in deference to his indirect superior. "Captain Tomoshibi. I hope you are well." Kanetsugu approached the desk and fixed his patient gaze on Tohma. "I trust my report gave you something to think about. What is your feeling about the Council and the other Captains?"

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Miral Nerys and Inara R-1 Eldross
Yavanna Elbereth E-1 Eldari
Armagand Kor A-5 Asentari
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Kanetsugu Nakamura A-5 Kijin
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Experience : 7193

Resources
Resources: 5600

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun May 15, 2022 5:38 pm

Tohma's Assistent confirmed, and went off to give orders. And likely make some tea afterwards, since Tohma has a tendency to dose off. Tohma nearly missed the knock and gave permission to enter, curious who would be bothering him so late. Kanetsugu. The captain returned the bow. "I am, all things considering." His desk was quite large compared to others, mostly due to the fact that he had to pour over maps, and kept several copies that had to be copied again. Markings and notes showed that he'd been busy, but Kanetsugu's focus was on him. "I'm glad Asaka Tsuno-sama took control of the bickering...they should learn by now that being overly passionate doesn't do anything to help. Overall, I think the captains know we need to interfere and assist, but the council needs to chill and think. I do think the concern over Kuroi Tsuno is legitimate, but we have enough forces to balance out who and what all to send."

Sighing heavily, he looked back at the maps he had strewn about. "It appears the threat axis is along here...but where are they getting all the corpses? I'm trying to find any information about major battles in the area, but I don't think I got a few things...too much missing information...you have any idea?" Calm as always, he wondered if there was something Kanetsugu knew.

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu May 19, 2022 10:20 pm

Kanetsugu watched the Captain as he considered his words carefully. Tohma expressed relief at how Asaka had managed to regain control of a Council session that had threatened at times to boil over. Kanetsugu nodded. "Indeed. The Council requires the strength of the Lotus, now more than ever." Tohma then noted his reservations about the overly-emotional response of the Council, something that had weighed heavily on Kanetsugu's mind during his journey back to Yokuda. It was gratifying to hear, however, that the other Captains of the Lotus seemed to be united in their belief that action was warranted. "I can understand the unease, especially among the elder members. The Black Night is not something they are keen to think about. However, I do believe that logic will eventually prevail. I just hope it is not too late when it does."

Tohma then looked back down at his maps before he continued. The Captain was trying to find a reason for the prospective necromancer to be based in the location he was. He wanted more information, and he asked Kanetsugu for assistance. The Nakamura scion nodded. "I believe I may be of some assistance." Kanetsugu pointed to the valley just beyond the forest that he had marked as the first sighting of the undead. "This valley here. The surface-dwellers call it Serenity Valley. It is my understanding that a great battle was fought here between most of the major powers on the continent. All accounts I have read point to a staggering loss of life on all sides of the conflict, with the cataclysmic final battle taking place in Serenity Valley. If one needed an abundance of materials for necromancy, this would be an ideal location." Kanetsugu then pointed to a small village marked near the outskirts of the forest. "This is a village called Calixto. My brother and I observed the undead attack on this village with our own eyes. Regrettably, the Grand Lotus forbid us from interfering, but the village survived with the help of a powerful Heanta warrior. My brother remained there for two more days after I left to observe what happens next, though a task force was getting ready to enter the forest as I was leaving."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun May 22, 2022 9:44 pm

Nodded, Tohma added what he had just ordered. "Likely it'll be on very short notice. I've already sent orders to make sure all the mounts are ready so we can move out at a moment's notice. And have the route to wherever we decide to go planned out." So they don't spend more time than necessary planning and all. The less downtime, the better.

Kanetsugu didn't disappoint, and pointed towards a valley that the surface dwellers called Serenity Valley. A huge battlesite where most of the major powers were involved. The loss of life in the area must have been catastrophic, particularly if it allowed such a huge number of undead to swarm two places. The nearest village was Calixto, already marked. Had others joined it then? "I take it reinforcements came then? From where?" Most logically, it had to be either Mondolin or the Order of the Sun, with the Order being closer, so probably there. So there was one power well aware of the danger then. But the others?

And if the town was wiped out, where would the next victims be? Which direction would they be likely to head out in? Straight to Mith Silvanus and cut off the head of a nation? That fortress was well known to have withstood not just the test of time, but invasion upon invasion. It was the last place to hold the line for Mondolin. Looking at the terrain, he mapped out a path to reinforce them should the need arise, and with plenty of paths to intercept/reinforce/join any other army to meet with the undead. Calixto was a little tougher to get to from their tunnel though...

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu May 26, 2022 7:34 pm

Kanetsugu nodded as the Captain informed him of the orders that he had just sent with regards to the mounted division. Tohma listened to Kanetsugu's report on the exact events that led them to Calixto, including how the small village had managed to fend off an undead attack unit with little support. Tohma asked if the village had received reinforcements in order to hold, but Kanetsugu shook his head. "Not in time to repel the attack. A Heanta warrior was present in the battle, and the leader of the village's militia managed to organize a defense that held until the Heanta destroyed the necromancer in charge of the undead. A small support unit has since arrived from the Order of the Sun, and it is they who are planning an attack on what they suspect is the enemy camp, but there has been no response from the Kingdom of Mondolin as of my departure from the area."

Tohma seemed to contemplate Kanetsugu's words carefully, mulling over contingencies and consequences. The young captain was one of the more measured and considerate minds in a position of authority in the Lotus, and Kanetsugu always found his appreciation for the big picture to be reassuring. But there was something else Kanetsugu had noted while at Calixto, and he was curious what Tohma would make of it. "There was something else. It appears the undead attack on Calixto was precipitated by the arrival of the Heanta and her unconscious Eldari friend. The Eldari was last reported to still be unconscious, something that is baffling the local doctors, but the masterminds behind the undead seemed to have put great effort into trying to permanently silence her and anyone else in contact with her. It is my belief that this Eldari may have information vital to the enemy, and they are determined to make sure it does not make it any further."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun May 29, 2022 5:41 pm

Ah, so the necromancer decided to take things into their own hands, or the Heanta warrior sought them out. And then a support unit from the Hold showed arrived. Mondolin then probably doesn't know what's going on then. Kanetsugu added a bit more about the attack. It happened after the arrival of said Heanta Warrior and an unconscious Eldari...friend? By all reports, the two races were always at each other's throats, so perhaps this revelation was a good sign. But the Eldari's condition was baffling local doctors, and the enemy seemed to be determined to silence anyone that had contact with her.

"I believe you are correct. Why go out and reveal yourself before you're ready? It makes the most sense if they were snooping around Serenity Valley, and the Eldari found it first. My guess is some kind of foul magic is keeping her unconcious. Was there a doctor among those that came from the Order? What is your assessment of them? How did they know to come to Calixto?" He walked around the map. Someone had to have warned them...but even they had to have some doubts as to the validity of the claim of undead soldiers? Unless they were attacked shortly afterwards too.

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:21 pm

Tohma considered Kanetsugu's words for a moment, and the Black Lotus Vice-Captain understood why. Through the constant stream of intelligence reports, it had become clear that the Eldari and Heanta nations were in a constant state of hostility, though there have been no outright conflicts in a few hundred years. With this in mind, it was indeed unbelievable for a Heanta girl to have risked her own life to protect an Eldari friend, but Kanetsugu had no reason to doubt his brother's recollection. Whatever conditions resulted in this relationship, it is possible that it may have given the surface world a fighting chance at surviving what horrors the instigators of this plot may unleash. After a time, Tohma spoke again. He seemed to be satisfied with the verity of Kanetsugu's reports, and fielded some more thoughts.

"Indeed. It would appear that what the Eldari witnessed was enough to trigger a response from the enemy." Tohma questioned there Order of the Sun's response, specifically how they knew to go there. "From what we could gather, two Knights of Mondolin arrived to the area, seemingly familiar with the Heanta and the Eldari. One of them then left for Eldari lands, no doubt seeking help from their more magically proficient healers, while the other left for Sunshield Hold. Given the speed at which the Order response arrived compared to Mondolin response, this decision would seem to be justified." Kanetsugu steepled his hands in front of him. "There was a healer among the Order contingent, but the condition that afflicts the Eldari girl would appear to be beyond even her prodigious talent." Kanetsugu contemplated his next words carefully. "With regards to my assessment of the Order, they are well-trained and capable combatants, though they lack the numbers and wealth of resources that the major militaries of the area possess. They are not limited to just Human membership either, with their Calixto contingent including Heanta, Eldari and Asentari. I believe that this inclusivity, as well as their dedication to their defensive and peacekeeping ethos is their greatest strength and allows them to hold their own on a continental scale."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:36 am

So event the Order's healer can't do much. And yet...he wondered if maybe the Hold was closer than Mith Silvanus. Looking at the map, that line of thinking was logical. The mix in the response team wasn't just human, but included other races, even those not known for cooperation. The Asentari were of large note, since they were most recently at war with Mondolin, and had to deal with Heanta raiders. It wasn't just the inclusiveness of their Order, and the dedication to defense and peacekeeping...politics played a part. "If one nation were to destroy the Order, the rest will destroy that nation. Even if not official allies, the outcry from the public may just force the nations to take action against the aggressor..."

So they have a good reputation, and a good track record in doing what they can. Wasn't there something else there too? "I don't quite recall, but weren't they also involved in ending the Contact War with Mondolin and the Asentari?" Not that it mattered in the situation. Tohma half wondered if anyone knew of Merlin's whereabouts. "I don't suppose if anyone is aware of Merlin's whereabouts?" Just then, his assistant stepped in with tea. For both Tohma and his guest. Smiling brightly, he quickly took the cup. Said assistant looked at Kanetsugu as if to offer some to him as well.

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:19 am

Tohma seemed to ponder again, falling into his distinctive expression of contemplation. Kanetsugu had expected the intense questioning, as Tohma was the type to get as much information as possible in order to make as informed a decision as possible. The Captain then changed focus, making an observation about the unique position in the political scene that the Order of the Sun held. They were such a renowned and respected organization that there would be outrage from the other nations towards the aggressor, to the point of physical retaliation. Kanetsugu nodded in agreement. "Indeed. It is difficult to gauge the exact magnitude of the response that this would elicit, but given how integral the Order has been in stopping war in the past, and the general attitude towards them from the average civilian, it is logical to assume that your observations are not inaccurate."

Tohma then asked about the Contact War, a recent event which saw the initially-violent first contact between the Kingdom of Mondolin and the reclusive Asentari. "That's correct. In conjunction with forces from the Free Lands city of Edaria, they were able to stop the fighting before it escalated into all out war. A very fortunate happenstance when you consider that the conflict initially came about due to essentially a misunderstanding." Tohma then asked about Merlin, the enigmatic Eldari Magi who had visited them shortly before the events of the Black Night. Kanetsugu shook his head. "We have attempted to make contact with Merlin on a number of occasions during our time on the surface, but he seems to be very erratic in his travels, and his is proving to be exceedingly difficult to track down." Tohma's assistant then entered the room, and offered tea to them both. Kanetsugu smiled and nodded his head appreciatively as he took the proffered beverage. "Thank you." Then he looked back to Tohma with interest. "Is there anything else you wish to know, sir?"

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:11 pm

Great, so he's been untrackable, and so far Kanetsugu had confirmed his suspicions. Well, this was joyous. Looking over the map, he was looking for terrain that could be difficult for them, depending on where they decide to go. "I don't think so. Unless you know of terrain that may slow us down if or when we're mobilized. And if you have some time to kill, anything of interest...landscapes, animals, whatever you found that caught your eye?" Tohma appreciated beauty in things. While many that didn't know Kanetsugu wouldn't know or notice it, Tohma did. While he didn't know the Black Lotus member that well, it had become apparent in a few select reports if you looked hard enough. Or paid attention enough at certain aspects. He was quite curious about the surface himself. Especially since he hadn't been up there yet.

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:06 am

Kanetsugu took a sip of tea and watched as Tohma studied the map on the desk. The Captain seemed to be weighing up variables in his own inimitable way. Kanetsugu seemed to have satified most of the inquiries Tohma had, though the Captain submitted a few closing questions. He asked if there was any other information the Lotus might need in the event they move to aid the surface world, and Kanetsugu cocked his head slightly as he thought. "Possibly. It would depend on how the Council decides to go about the operation." Kanetsugu pointed to the location of the main portal between Yokuda and the surface world, a cave in the Southern Mondolin mountains.

"As you already know, our main point of egress is here." He traced his finger to a new mark that he now made on the mapon the trisection where the Mondolin, Heanta and Eldari borders converged, signifying the point from where the undead emerged. "While the enemy party operates from here. Depending on the size of the force the Council sends, we may have to deal with authorities from either Mondolin or the Eldari." He pointed again to the mark he made. "As for the enemy, the area they operate out of is a naturally defensible area. a thick forest shrouds the entrance to Serenity Valley, so they possess both a terrain advantage and a vast supply of bodies to use in their foul magics." A knock on the door followed, with a young man in Nakamura clan regalia excusing himself as he entered. The young man bowed to Tohma, before addressing Kanetsugu.

"Excuse me sir, but your father wishes to speak with you." Kanetsugu nodded and the young man left. He stood as he finished his tea and bowed politely to Tohma. "If you'll excuse me sir. If I can provide anything else, I am at your disposal." Kanetsugu placed the teacup on the desk and swept out, curios to know what his father wished to see him about.

Thread End

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down