Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» Bold Plays (open)
by Jun Mon Sep 02, 2024 8:18 pm

» Dealing with Sorrows (open)
by Jun Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:51 pm

» Turning Point (Zenke)
by Zenke Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:32 pm

» Caelum of the Skygaurd(orgoth, R-1 rank up)
by Zenke Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:39 pm

» The Reluctant Warrior (Open)
by Orgoth Tue Jul 30, 2024 8:23 pm

» Fires of Hell (open, zenke?)
by Jun Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:39 pm

» Valdyr's Skills
by Zenke Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:39 pm

» Asaka's Skills
by Zenke Sun Jul 07, 2024 2:38 pm

» Valdyr Kaladris
by Orgoth Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:03 am

Affiliates

The Reluctant Warrior (Open)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Reluctant Warrior (Open) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Reluctant Warrior (Open)

Post by Zenke Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:22 pm

"The contact war was brought on by a situation that got far to out of hand. Our immediate violent reaction to the kidnapping of our people was one of the main reasons it turned so bloody, so quickly. Still, it was wise to be cautious because there is still allot of tension." The others wondered why the Nyberrite alliance would do what they did, and Kora made a guess. "The Nyberrite Alliance may have seen an opportunity to undermine the Order of the sun, and took it. They must know we were attacked." They could finally see the hold ahead, and conversation had turned to the undead invasion of Mondolin. Gohan asked Tohma about the battle. "The initial attack on the hold was terrible. I can't imagine what that battle was like." Kora hadn't been allowed to go, although she hadn't particulary wanted to go anywhere near them. She would have, if she had to.

Kora had many questions, for both Tohma and Miral. But by the sounds of it, Tohma would be heading back to his forces. Perhaps there was a way for her to visit his homeland. She'd come to the Freeland's to learn about it, but the opportunity to learn about a new culture, she didn't think she could pass that by. But as for Miral, well.. "Your.. Friend? Can he really fix the Taiel? He claimed as much." She was curious why he'd been so aggressive towards them. "Can I ask why he was so aggressive towards us? I know we shouldn't have been there, but from the time I spent in Sindaron, I was led to believe the Eldross were quite peaceful." He was quite terrifying in comparison to the stories she'd heard.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Octavia Velerius A-5 Asentari
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Umbra Moonfall A-5 Heanta
Koranna "Kora" Merciallus A-5 Asentari
Gwyneth "Gwyn" Ferrum Aurora A-5 Human
Mist, The Explosive Assassin A-5 Half-Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin
Valdyr Kaladris A-5 Eldross

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Experience : 2172

Resources
Resources: 22880

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Wed Jun 26, 2024 4:46 am

Tohma understood the questions. All that might be answered in due time. It all depended on the council decisions. Considering how the vote went last time, it would be difficult to know how their interactions with the outside world will go. The current situation seemed especially odd given the leader of this alliance was also an Eldross. But even those of a different species can think and act differently. Kora praised their own caution. "Almost too much caution. Vote was evenly split, giving one clan a deciding vote. Many times they had abstained from similar votes. If not for them, we not be at battle." Caution was good, but too much had its risks.

Both Gohan and Kora also inquired about said battle. His expression turned darker, out of place entirely on the Kijin's face. "Many dead. Part of wall destroyed before got there. Mondolin King died. At Serene Valley, Primoris Rex also died, but destroyed magic conduit. A true hero and warrior to lands. Much sorrow from her troops. One seem taking rougher than others." He didn't know the lad, just that his face was drained of color. The Hold was in sight, and Kora also asked about the woman's friend. That was a good question. Both his hostility, and supposed knowledge on how to fix the plants, seemed off to him. But he also didn't know the race that well. Nor the man's own talents.

Kronos Lohengrin. Asentari. R-1
Rory Bloomfield. Human. R-1
Aether Favonius. Human. A-3

Tohma Tomoshibi. Kijin. A-4
Ryul Valro. Eldari. A-5

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Experience : 1633

Resources
Resources: 13710

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:03 am

Gohan and Miral said nothing as Kora explained about the particulars of the First Contact conflict between her people and the Kingdom of Mondolin, before noting the logical approach that Tohma's people took when confronted with the undead threat. In truth, it was refreshing to see a government take such prudent measures in a time of crisis. Kora then offered a possible explanation for why the Nyberrite Alliance would target the Taiel in such a manner, and Miral nodded in agreement. "That is possible, though for Tiana Multani to target our own people's former home is still concerning." Tohma then replied to Gohan's query about the battle at Mith Silvanus, and the young man gaped in shock. "King Tormir and the Primoris Rex are gone? By the Gods..." Though Gohan had heard scraps about the undead threat since he returned to the Hold, the fact that the mighty capital of Mondolin was brought to the brink of defeat was unbelievable, not to mention that arguably the mightiest warrior still walking Asmir had lost her life to stop the source of the magic, made him shudder. Miral's eyes widened as well, and she looked at Tohma. To think of the power required for such feats..."

Kora then asked about Valdyr, and his hostile reaction to the group. Miral sighed and studiously avoided eye-contact with the young Asentari as she walked. "That is a complex question. When Onyxus destroyed our home, my people that remained numbered only around a hundred. Those that survived dealt with their grief in different ways. Most joined our Eldari cousins and tried to rebuild their lives in service to the Eternal Watch. I..." Miral's gaze lowered, and she seemed to age before their eyes, the weight of every one of her seven-hundred-and-fifty-plus years of life pressing down on her. "I chose to fade away, and tried to let the world forget about me. Valdyr has taken a different path. We used to be close, a long time ago. He was much like me, a gentle soul striving for peace and with a strong love for everything natural in this world. He was like a younger brother to me. " She looked at the others with an expression of sadness. "Valdyr has let his heart be consumed by his grief, and it has made him a very rageful, very dangerous man, and he meant every word of his threat to you all. He is the Wraith of Harodiel that people speak of in taverns at this end of the Free Lands."

Kora then asked about if Valdyr could actually fix the Taiel, and Miral shook her head. "I'm not sure. If the problem was purely alchemical, I would have no doubt. Valdyr was one of our people's most accomplished apothecaries." She then glanced at the Huma mage, who had said nothing for the last while. "But that is where you come in. When we get Kora and Gohan safely to the Hold, you need to tell me exactly what you were doing to the Taiel." The mage nodded earnestly. "I-I-I will. I promise. I just want to help fix hat they made me do."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Miral Nerys and Inara R-1 Eldross
Yavanna Elbereth E-1 Eldari
Armagand Kor A-5 Asentari
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Kanetsugu Nakamura A-5 Kijin
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin
Christopher Pike Medal of Valor
Awarded for outstanding bravery in the face of adversity.

Experience : 2103

Resources
Resources: 31640

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue Jul 02, 2024 10:18 pm

Kora nodded. "That was likely Rex. He was like a son to the Primoris Rex." She said. "I hope he's doing well.." She listened to Miral talk about her own past, and Valdyr's. Kora regretted asking, because of the look on Miral's face as she spoke. But she shivered when Miral meantioned he'd meant every word, and was extremely dangerous. She couldn't help but feel she'd gotten lucky. "I'm sorry if i dragged up bad memories." She said. Onyxus' attack on Harodriel was terrible. Her grandmother had witnessed the forest buring first hand, it was visible all the way from the sky islands.

They moved on to the Taiel, and Miral mentioned that Valdyr might be able to fix it. But, it was a magical affliction. Miral turned to the mage and told him she would need to know what he'd done, in order to fix it."Perhaps I can help. I studied magic under Merlin. Given enough time and a proper demonstration from our friend, I could discover a way to reverse it. Maybe faster, if Gohan were to help." She said. "dont worry though, I'm not about to go back to Harodriel alone. We have enough samples that we can develope something for you to bring back, I think.."

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:15 am

Both the human and Endross lamented at then news. The Asentari even had a name for the lad that took it rougher than the others. Tohma nodded solonmly about the kind of power it would have taken to destroy a conduit of that strength. The woman had quite the presence when she and her troops arrived for the report, and leaving most of her forces there, had gone to the valley with a bare few.

The conversation soon went back to the other Endross, and if he really could fix the plants. He had learned a lot in such a short time from Miral. And about the man known as Valdyr. In the end, he probably could. Though they also had the source of it with them, and the mage seemed earnest about working with them in reversing it. Kora likewise offered to assist. Tohma had not experience in the field, so he couldn't be of any use.

Not that he could stay for long, as they got closer to the hold, the Kijin's already pale complexion went paler at the sight of his assistant, arms crossed and glaring at him. As soon as they were within walking distance, the strawberry blond man marched right up to Tohma and bonked him on top of the head with his fist. Are you daft?! Do you know how long it took to find you?! What is wrong with you?!"

After rubbing the top of his head, Tohma pouted. "Speak basic. I needed to take opportunity to explore. We won't get chances later."

With much more fluent basic, but still with a heavy accent, Minato spoke up. "That may be so, but don't just leave a vague note!" The taller man turned to the group. "I sorry about my Taicho. I hope he wasn't too much trouble..." Que an indignant cry from the silver haired Kijin as Minato bowed at them.

Ryul Valro. Eldari. A-5

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:02 pm

Miral simply shrugged when Kora apologised to her for dredging up bad memories. "What is done is done. All we can do is move forward." Kora then offered her assistance in finding a cure for the Taiel, mentioning that she had studied under the great Eldari mage, Merlin. Miral raised an eyebrow with interest. "Impressive. Merlin is known to be rather... fickle... about who he takes on as students. Perhaps you are right. You all seem magically adept. I will contribute what I can with my knowledge of the Taiel." The Human mage then piped up, seeming more comfortable the further they moved from Harodiel, and Valdyr. "I'll show everything I did. It was a very specific spell I was forced to use by the Red Fang." Gohan nodded and smiled earnestly. "It sounds like a plan. There's nothing I love more than solving puzzles, especially of the magical variety."

When they got closer to the Hold, a figure with reddish-blonde hair was waiting near the Hold Approach road. When the figure spotted the group, he marched over and thumped Tohma right over the head before admonishing him for his wandering. Gohan exchanged a confused look with Miral, before Tohma attempted to defend himself. The newcomer then apologised on behalf of Tohma, referring to him as his... Taicho? Gohan was unfamiliar with the term, but he raised his hands pleadingly. "Please, it was an honor to meet Mister Tohma. In fact, he helped to save myself and Kora here from danger." Miral nodded but said nothing, having had quite her fill of strangers for the day.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:25 pm

Kora nodded and got to thinking, as Miral seemed to agree to their help. Gohan mentioned his love of puzzles, especially magical puzzles, and Kora gave him a smile. "Oh me too. I'm glad you're willing to help, and when we're done maybe I can ask you a few things about your magical technique." She had discovered many things today she wanted to learn about, the Kijin included. She would have to hope to meet with Merlin soon, and see if he might be willing to take her to meet the Kijin.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the arrival of a second Kijin, who bonked Tohma on the head and started to give out to him in their own language, before switching to Common after Tohma requested it. Kora was confused by the display, but the man apologiesed for Tohma and hoped he hadn't been to much trouble. "It's true, him and this magnificent specimen of a spider. He might not have had too, if it wasn't for my foolhardiness. "

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Jul 14, 2024 11:35 pm

Minato looked at Tohma in confusion. "Ah, never said rank. Taicho is rank in armed forces. Minato is my second command." The white haired Kijin smiled like it explained everything. Minato took over from there. "Our military arm is called the Lotus. Each branch of the Lotus is represented by a color. Our's is the Blue Lotus. Taicho Tomoshibi here is its commandor, and I his second in command. We deal with logistics, mounts, and fast reaction teams. The cave huntsman spider is...temperemental. But are fast. Wild ones...like to ambush from above and munch on head. I say this only because of high opinion of Order. And hope we be on good terms and our leaders approve at least some form of trade with them."

With that, Tohma bowed. "Thank you for information and staying with me. Hope we work together in future!" With that as a goodbye, he got on Tscuchigumo, and the duo went off to meet up with their forces.

~left thread~

Ryul Valro. Eldari. A-5

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Jul 30, 2024 8:23 pm

After a brief moment of confusion, Minato and Tohma cleared up the precise nature of their rank and relationship. So, the Kijin's military organisation is called the Lotus. The fact that Tohma was the superior officer in comparison to the clearly more authoritative Minato was puzzling, but Gohan guessed that this was maybe just the way of things where they come from. Still, Gohan's curiosity was sufficiently piqued that he decided that he would like to pursue an expedition to the Kijin homeland at some point in the future. But they had work to do now, and he owed it to the Order and to Miral to see it through. He bowed to Minato and Tohma as they bid farewell to the group. "It was a pleasure to meet you both. Take care on your way home!" He waved as the two men moved away, before following the group to the Hold. Miral simply inclined her head, before leading the group on.

Once they were safely in the Hold, they were greeted by Randalla Thorne. She considered the group before speaking. "Well met. I'm glad to see you've made it back in one piece. When Miral heard our newest recruit had gone traipsing off into Harodiel, she left immediately to find you." Miral folded her hands behind her back as Inara stretched, before curling up at her feet. "We had an encounter with Valdyr, but nobody was harmed." She nodded at the Human mage. "We also found the source of the Taiel sickness. Apparently this one was forced to participate in a plot by a group of Nyberrite Alliance agents, afflicting the plants with a magical sickness of unknown nature, but he has agreed to help us devise a cure." Randalla nodded gravely. "So the sightings of Alliance agents in the area were true. We will need to step up our patrols of the area if we're to stop them doing permanent damage."

Randalla regarded Kora with a wry smile. "I trust this was an educational experience for you, Miss Merciallus? We will do everything we can to help you learn and grow as a mage, but you must be careful. When we say somewhere is too dangerous, we mean it." She then looked at Gohan. "We appreciate your efforts, Mister Maedar. You didn't have to risk yourself going in there, and in hindsight we should never have allowed you to take that risk in the first place. Thank you." Miral then spoke up, regarding the two young people. "You are both brave, and from what I am told, precociously talented. But you are also reckless and naive." A small smile crept over Miral's delicate features. "But that can be forgiven. You are young, and I am an old woman. You have much to learn, and I have learned too much."

Randalla smiled before realizing that Inara had moved stealthily and was now parked on her feet. "Well, on that note, Shran returned while you were gone. I thought you might want to speak with him. He's in the mess area getting a bite to eat." Miral nodded. "Ah, thank you, Randalla." Randalla then looked to Gohan, Kora and Thaddeus. "As for you three, you should get something to eat before you tackle the Taiel problem. Take yourselves to the mess as well. When you're done, come find me. We'll have a chat and decide what to do. You too, Miral. This is your turf and I don't want to proceed without you and Shran's input." Miral nodded. Thaddeus looked perplexed. "You're... not going to imprison me for my crime?" Randalla shook her head. "The Order doesn't punish people who have been used against their will. As long as you tell us everything you can to help us, you'll be free to do as you please."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2