Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

» Duty and War(Rowan/Yavanna Rank Up)
by Orgoth Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:01 pm

» A Dragon's Heart (Part 1)
by The Narrator Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 am

» The Gathering Storm (Undead Event Part 1)
by The Narrator Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:33 am

» Gohan Maedar (WIP)
by Orgoth Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:22 am

» Xinra Kal'Dior (Crew of Raya's Gambit)
by Orgoth Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:53 am

» The Blackspire Riders(Orgoth)
by Orgoth Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:44 pm

» Rank up Purchases
by Zenke Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:54 am

Affiliates

On the Way Home (zenke)

2 posters

Go down

On the Way Home (zenke) Empty On the Way Home (zenke)

Post by Jun Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:33 pm

Rex walked into the city of Edaria. And couldn't help but be a little bit impressed by how quickly they bounced back from the First Contact War. He'd heard of Aline before, not just because she stole Bethany's heart first, but also because of the war. Still, it was nice to see the city before heading back home. He wore his white nobility clothes, his sword at his hip.

The blond was glad to be out of Mondolin, and his scythe repaired. And hopefully when it was revealed that he was an Asentari, maybe Lillian wouldn't have as harsh an opinion of them. And he was due for a clock in the jaw when that little fact was revealed. He wasn't looking forward to that, but it is what it is and would accept the punishment for lying about what he is and where he was from.

Rex found an inn/tavern quickly enough and booked for a two day stay. He also sent a message to Edia via a pigeon system to tell them that he was about five days out. It would be nice to be home. Seven months away was far too long, and he was sure Krad was worried sick about him.

He walked around the city. It was still incredible that there were heanta this far south. And they were peaceful here, even if a bit uneasy, with those around them. Overall, everyone seemed to mind their own business. Eldari, human, even a couple of Asentari here and there. That wasn't too surprising, he supposed. There was a festival that was starting though, so a lot of people were hustling around. The blond worked his way over towards the main areas for it. And wondered if maybe he should ask if he could speak with Aline. Eh, she was probably to busy for idle chit chat with some like him.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Experience : 1458

Resources
Resources: 8060

Back to top Go down

On the Way Home (zenke) Empty Re: On the Way Home (zenke)

Post by Zenke Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:48 pm

It had been a very long time since Bethany had set foot in Edaria. She'd past the city a number of times in the past, seen it grow from the town it once was. nearly fourty years, she though. She'd even gone back to Edia before now, but facing her family seemed almost easier than seeing Aline again. Not that she was there to see Aline. As she approached the gates, no one paid her any mind, just another wondering coming to visit the city. She didn't expect anyone to recognize her, though surely many of the younger people would still be around today. The first person she recognized was actually a heanta, one of the first to come to Edaria. A captain of the watch now, the only think different about her was the armor and the regal bearing. She didn't notice or recognise Bethany, but then, Bethany couldn't place the female's name. Bethany followed the crowd, picking up snippets of information about the festival that was going on today in the great square.

Curiosity got the better of her, and Bethany headed towards the square. She wondered if the old house was still there, or maybe Aline had knocked it down and built a palace. But as Bethany entered the square she seen the house, with a few extentions she admitted, but no more grand or Regal than it once was. She wasn't surprised. And then to bethany's surprise, she spotted Rex in the crowd and started to make her way towards him. She was about to call his name, when she spotted Aline in the crowd. Her hair was the most pristine black, flowing down her back, her skin was pale like moonlight, as clear and lineless as the day bethany met her, and an elegant white dress. Her crystaline blue eyes were smiling, as she gently lay a freindly hand on a heanta's shoulder as he passed. The pale scar across her throat was still there, too, forever a reminder of Castus Merciallus' cruelty, along with a necklace of gold Bethany had given her years ago.

She was surprised to feel her heart beat increase at the sight of Aline. She hadn't seen her in so long, and she was sure she had left that part of her behind. But clearly she hadn't. Bethany watched her approach Rex, and quickly took the oppertunity to vanish into the crowd.

Aline moved through the crowd as the festivities began. No stranger to mingling with the poeple of the city despite being its leader, she smiled at every person who passed. Some she knew, some she didn't, but tried to memorise their faces. She had never been one to distance herself, even when her guards found it troublesome to protect her. Not that she was worried about being attacked. Rajik only insisted on guards after the redfang had tried to kidnap her. The attempt had failed thanks to the heanta she patted on the arm as she past. A blacksmith, he had no qualms about using the forges tools to help her.

As Aline scanned the crowds, she spotted a young asentari she'd never seen before wondering around. She knew most of the asentari in the city, those who chose to stay usually came to see her after settling in. Elegant clothing and a longsword at his hip, she was sure he was new to the city. She didn't hesitate to approach him with a smile. "Its a lovely day for a festival." She said to him as she scanned the great square. The fountain had been decorated, there was all sorts of activities. The sound of laughter and joy filled the air. "I don't believe we've ever met, young Asentari. How are you finding the city?" She asked politely, meeting his eyes.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Experience : 2289

Resources
Resources: 4070

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:22 am

He turned to face the owner of the voice. Black hair, slitted blue eyes, scar around the throat, but no sign that it affected her voice at all. Rex's eyes were also blue, but closer to his slitted pupils were a darker shade that often made it difficult to see them at a glance or in bad lighting. Though it wasn't uncommon for Asentari to pick each other apart with relative ease from a crowd.

Still, he wasn't quite expecting to have someone approach him. "Interesting. The only other Heanta I've met said she was the exception to the rule, and here I see a few here and there living in peace. If a bit uneasy with everyone else being wary of them. One of them is even a watch guard. I skipped the city on my way to explore for a while...figured I'd stop by on my way home."

And so far he hadn't regretted it. "I'm glad that it bounced back so quickly after the contact war. Oh, I'm Rex von Broven. Sorry...I've been forgetting my manners a lot lately..." He smiled childishly and rubbed the back of his neck. When in somewhere new that was as relaxed as he was, he had been forgetting a bit. That, and not many people seem to really care. Just let him do his business with them and not ask any questions.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:36 pm

The boy looked a bit surprised by her approach, but he didn't hesistate to speak to her. She smiled as he talked about how strange it was to see heanta here, even though he'd only ever met one who was anyway freindly. Aline smiled. "I find there is rarely only one exception to a rule. Though many of the heanta here are outcasts or former slaves who escaped Kyrias so perhaps your freind may be. The captain you mentioned lost her, what is it called.. Demonic matrix? Without it she was seen as useless and forced to flee or be enslaved. Heanta are brutal, but often it seems they are most brutal with their own people. Even so its hard to trust. Now show me a heanta and eldari who get along, and I'd really be surprised." She said with a gentle laugh. Even in Edaria the two races were wary of each other, though thankfully there had been no major incidents. That fact alone she considered a success.

He mentioned he was on his way home, to Edia she guessed. She nodded as he talked, and when he brought up the contact war, she frowned. "We didn't suffer to much from the war. When the Asentari showed up at our gates, they stood down as soon as they realised who led the city. It was after that we realised a war was coming and only thanks to the sunlight covenant who had caught the slavers were we able to stop it." She explained to him. when he mentioned he was a Von Broven, she couldn't hide the surprise on her face. "As in, Vermon Von Broven? Son or grandson?" She asked curiously. She hadn't heard the name in a very long time, and it brought back sweet memories of Bethany. She wondered if the woman was still out there, but then considering how stubborn Bethany could be, Aline doubted she would allow herself to die.

Aline shook her head. "I'm sorry I don't mean to pry. You don't have to answer. But I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm Aline Drexara, it's very nice to meet you Rex."
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:09 pm

Rex grinned. "As a matter of fact, that exception is best friends with an Eldari. I wouldn't have believed it fully if I hadn't seen it personally. The two acted like sisters almost." And it was quite entertaining and fascinating.

He supposed that was true. He had just graduated shortly before it started. And was dealing with the reports and paperwork. But nodded nonetheless. He wasn't too privy into the reports.

At first, he was surprised, and even taken aback. Then she explained who she was, and that made his eyes widen and his jaw drop. Clearly flustered, he gathered himself. "It's alright...you just caught me completely off guard...I...wasn't exactly expecting to meet with you or anything. I'd be his grandson...grandma definitely could have done better, as could have my birthmother. Thank you for helping Beth out and leaving...she thinks if that didn't happen, she'd be a pawn and a controlled wife...I think differently, even more so after fighting beside her...but well...we each have our own opinions. I already met Beth Merciallus..." He was super fidgety now.

"Anyways...are you sure it's ok to be out like this?" He didn't know of many city leaders outside of Edia who actually go out of their way to talk to the inhabitants. Maybe the way Edia works was very much ingrained in the elder Asentari, and fully believe it is the right way to go. Though from the looks of other people around him, this seemed like a very normal thing.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:11 am

Aline let out a surprised laugh. "Well now, perhaps there is hope for the Eldari and heanta after all. Next time you see your freinds send them to Edaria, maybe they're freindship will rub off on the locals. It would be nice to see." She said. He became extremely flustered when she intruduced herself and she couldn't help herself but smile. "Well aren't you adorable. It seems Vermon didn't rub off on you at the very least. Sorry, I don't mean to speak Ill of your ancestors." She said.

And then Aline found herself surprised again, but she didn't laugh this time. "You've met Beth? How... How is she?" Aline asked. She hadn't expected to hear that this boy knew her old freind. If Beth even still considered them friends after Aline had let her go. He thanked her for helping Bethany out of her old life. Aline gave him a soft smile as he shared his thoughts on that. "All I did was fall in love with her. She credit's me for more than I deserve on that, I think. She was always strong, I think she might have been blind to that though. Her father made sure of it. Aweful man..." She said, running a hand over her scar.

"You probably missed out on the best grand mother ever mind you. But you know, if your calling her Beth you must have warmed up to her. She never liked being called that by anyone besides me. She bit a man over it once." Aline said with a airy laugh. It was nice to hear she was ok, and had freinds. "I haven't heard news of Beth in a long time, and she hasn't been back in the city since she left. Last I knew, she was leading a mercenary band, but she simply vanished at one point.." She said. She let the conversation drop when Rex asked if it was safe for Aline to be out and about.

"Probably not, but I suppose having skin as tough as steel certainly puts my mind at ease. Besides I'm far too social to stay cooped up indoors, I'd probably lose my mind if I can't get out and meet people. It might sound idiotic to say, but I would do anything for the people of the city, and I think they would do anything for me. Its certainly been the case in the past. Even so, Rajik my old Eldari friend insists I keep guards after the Redfang tried to take me from the streets." If that worried him she quickly explained how a heanta who worked one of the local forges had quickly dealt with them. "But just between you and me, I'm not much for fighting. I used to leave that to Beth, but I'm a crack hand at lockpicking and sneaking. I was a bit of a pest back in Edia." She said with a coy smile.

Drink in hand, a sweet wine produced by the city that made her regret leaving all those years ago, Bethany milled around the crowed and tried her best to enjoy herself. But she kept thinking how she wanted to speak to Aline. Since the Asentari was still conversing with Rex, it gave her a bit of a reason to go over and say hello. She could walk up to Rex, pretending not to see Aline, and act shocked. But as she swigged at her wine, she realised that was a stupid plan. She couldn't act surprised to save her life. Aline probably didn't even want to see her anyway. She'd probably moved on, it had been fourty years or more. Aline probably had a husband and children. She'd always wanted children, and unlike Bethany she'd admitted to finding men attractive in the past. Bethany finished the last of the wind, and decided maybe she'd make a decision after the next glass.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun May 05, 2019 1:05 am

"I'll be sure to let Fayla and Vala know next time I see them." Rex couldn't help but smile and chuckle. "I'll speak ill of them all my life, so please, feel free to do the same. They were awful people. And thankfully very dead now." Especially his donor/father. The Primoris Rex saw to that.

He switched to Draconic. "The first time I saw her, so-so, maybe even a bit on the bad end...she was a guard for a thug that sure as hell didn't respect her. Let alone the other goons. After a play-fight, I invited her out for a drink. Must have charmed her during that. Second time was further north. She was joining me, Fayla, Vala, and a few others to take down the Dying Suns mercenary group. While she was still very much an alcoholic, she seemed to be doing better. My rival, who was formerly a part of that group, and her even had a drinking contest back at the inn. He shook his head at the memory. He'd talked to Seig about his honorable discharge shortly after that started, and they were well into it afterwards. Poor Kronos lost in the end.

"The Praetors are doing that more and more it seems. Going out into their districts not to just campaign, but also talk to people. So I don't blame you...but with enough strength or the right equipment, that skin won't protect you. My sword will cut through it easy enough, as well as my scythe. Just be careful...Edaria seems to be getting more and more popular..."

He did grin at that last part. "My mentor's best friend and his second in command has been teaching me those...I'm still a bit of a novice though. Never heard if you were nobility or not...not like there is much difference aside from wealth..." He could do some basic locks and common ones, but more specialized or even uncommon ones he wasn't good at. He started to walk a little bit to take a better look at the festivities while paying attention to Lady Aline.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue May 07, 2019 12:42 am

Aline listened to what Rex had to say about Beth. He switched to Draconic as he did, so she switched when she answered him too. "I see. Her drinking was a problem when things ended between us. I knew she was unhappy here, she didn't take to being stuck to one place as easily as I did. I though letting her go would help." She'd done all she could to help Beth, but she knew it wasn't possible to fix someone. They needed to get there on their own.

Rex spoke about how the preators had adopted her strategy for creating trust with the public. "Well that is a surprise. When I was last in Edia, they were a bunch of jumped up old people who were to busy arguing to make decisions that would help their people." He warned her about not relying on her skin to protect her and she shook her head with a laugh.

"Your as bad as Rajik. I know its dangerous, but I have never allowed fear to make my choices. The scar on my neck is a reminder of that. Besides, the redfang would rather have me alive." She said. He mentioned he was also learning to pick locks and wondered if she was a noble. She smiled. "No I'm not a noble. I was actually born in Lower Edia. My father was human, and my mother was at the time in the military. He died of some sort of sickness, and after his death we moved to upper Edia. My mother died a year before I met Beth. What remained of my family was burned down when her father tried to kill me." She explained.

He started to walk so she joined him. "So have you found a place to stay in the city already? Your welcome to stay in my townhouse. Its got plenty of sparerooms, and there's a diplomat visiting from Oleas. I don't mean to be rude, but he's incredibly boring." She said with a light laugh.

Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Wed May 08, 2019 2:00 am

Rex shrugged. "Only time will tell, she is stronger than she knows and gives herself credit for. We both agree on that." They say time will heal all wounds. But sometimes, he had to wonder if there was any truth to that human saying. Then she went on about the Praetors. "The Contact War changed things a lot. We criticized our leaders and military leaders about how we went about it. At the same time, Mondolin also criticized their own king about how he handled it. Unlike them, we can more easily and readily change our leadership, and that's been happening...the culture on that front has changed a lot." Whether it was for the better or worse was yet to be determined. He would have responded about Rajik, but that would have exposed him, not like he was too worried, but decided to let it go. She certainly was admirable...not letting fear dictate her actions. He wished he was as strong as that.

Then she went on to answer his question. He looked sorrowful at her. "I'm sorry to hear that. If it weren't the Primoris Rex, I'd be six feet under, split in half by this very sword..." He realized his mistake immediately, but didn't react much aside from a brief pause.

"The offer is appreciated, but I already found a place. Though I would have hoped anyone engaging in diplomacy with you wouldn't be that boring...I don't even know where Oleas is...if it's more west, I haven't been through there...I mostly went north, northeast. I'm heading home now...though I am staying for a couple days before finishing my journey..."
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue May 14, 2019 10:40 pm

Aline nodded. "It was a needless war, even if it shook things up. It would have been far worse if it wasn't for Kairi Thorne and the sunlight covenant's aid in capturing the slavers. And to be fair, Mondolin had no idea what kind of threat the freelands were facing, and moved to atleast protect the people out here. Admittedly they picked an odd time to engage with the world outside their borders again, but both sides had the best intentions. That often doesn't matter though." She said.

Rex let slip that he'd almost been killed by the very blade he carried, only to be saved by the Primoris Rex. She gave him a solemn smile. "I can only assume your father was on the other end of that blade. It's lucky Alura was there to help, though I assume he met an terrible end." She said. She let out a sigh. "All the same, better him than you." She gave him a gentle smile. "I had heard a potential rumor that Alura had taken in a ward. Don't worry, secret's safe with me." She said. She turned suddenly as a commotion started nearby.

"Your going through allot of wine." A man said as he stepped beside Bethany. "Nervous about something?" He asked. Bethany eyed him as she drank from her fifth, or was this the sixth, cup of wine. "I'm working up the nerve to speak to someone." She replied. "Oh right. Former lover?" He asked, smiling suggestively. "Yeah that one." She said. "Well, if you want, I can make you forget all about him. If he's the reason you're part of your pretty face is hidden behind a bandage maybe you should." He said with a roguish grin. Bethany snorted. "You're not my type." She said dismissively. He didn't take the hint. "Ah come on now, you can't know that until you've given me a try." He said pushing a little closer. "The only thing I'm going to give you is a black eye if you don't take the hint and get the fuck away from me."

She snapped at him. "A feisty one. You don't need to play hard to-" Bethany turned and socked him across the jaw, knocking him flat onto his ass. "I warned you." She said. He scrambled back and pushed himself to his feet. "Fuck you, bitch!" He shouted, and ran off. She took another drink, and started walking again. She noticed Aline and Rex moving through the crowds, and watched them moving through the festival. Sighing, she put down her cup, and started to walked towards Aline and Rex. Might as well get the hard part out of the way.

A hand grabbed her shoulder and spun her in around. The hand belonged to a large man, and he was backed up by two others. The little weasel from earlier was back, and glared at her. If looks could kill, well, she was to stubborn to die. Or too drunk. "You hit my freind, whats your problem stranger." Bethany reached up and grabbed his hand. "I told him to leave me alone, and he didn't. I suggest you do the same before I break your hand." She said. He laughed at that. "Little thing like you." Bethany twisted his wrist back and squeazed at the same time. She heard bones pop and the man let out a scream. He pulled away and one of his thugs took a swing at her.

She sidestepped it and kicked him in the crotch, and struck the third with an elbow before he could grab her from behind. The large man struck again, and smashed her across the face with his big fist, knocking the bandage loose, revealing the scars left by Saivene's claws and her ruined eye. She glared at the man, and he looked as if he'd realised he'd made a mistake. "Damn I-." He said, but she lunged for him anyway. "STOP!" A voice cried out. Bethany froze on the spot. She knew that voice well, Aline's airy musical voice. She sounded pissed.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Wed May 15, 2019 12:31 am

She didn't seem to mind. "Yeah. On both the war and with her. That...was the first and only time I've heard her regret how she handled a situation openly. But she's also said that the greatest trait one can have is the ability to learn. If I had a drink, I'd toast to calmer heads prevailing next time." Because there will be a next time. If his time in Mondolin was any indication, accident or not.

It wasn't long after that some commotion was starting. Upon investigating, it was a group of guys harassing a girl...Bethany Merciallus of all people. Which shocked the hell out of him. And pissed off Aline. Stepping in between the man Beth was about to pummel and her, he gave the guy narrowed eyes. "If I were you, I'd just leave it at this and mind your own business. Because she will fuck you up. I've seen her fight before, she'll kick your ass." He proceeded to start talking to those that witnessed the altercation, allowing Aline and Beth to maybe talk. It seemed like one of the guys approached her and didn't take a hint.

Hence the sudden escalation. Sighing heavily, he reported to Aline with what he'd found out. Hopefully she would be easy on Beth...
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Wed May 22, 2019 1:39 am

Bethany looked at Aline sheepishly. The black haired asentari stared back, her expression unreadable, before she looked at the men who had caused the trouble. "Go home. If I find you've caused more trouble there will be punishments." They didn't argue. They knew who Aline was after all. Bethany watched them scamper away and opened her mouth to speak. "How long have you been back?" Aline asked her.

"I got in today." Bethany said. "I-" Aline frowned. "What happened to your eye?" She asked. "By Erolath's wings your a mess." Bethany snorted. "That's a bit rude." Bethany replied. Rex who had been asking around came back and explained to Aline what had happened. "Typical. Did you have to punch him? Is that your answer to all your problems still?" Aline asked her frostily. Bethany shrugged. "I told him nicely to go away first. He didn't listen so I punched him."

Aline snorted. "Come with me, both of you. I don't want to cause a scene in the street, so let's go have a chat in my home." Aline said. Bethany hesitated. She'd made a mistake coming here, had only been around for a few hours before causing trouble for Aline. She should leave. "Actually, I think I better go. I have business in Zadartis.." She said. Aline shot a glare at her. "Don't even think about it. You don't get to walk back in here and flee as soon as you see things getting tough." Aline snapped. Bethany was taken aback by that, so she followed quietly. If Rex tried to escape, Aline would ask him to stick around, albiet not so forcefully.

When they got into the house, Aline led them into the sitting room. Bethany was surprised to see that some of the furniture was the same. Her old chair was still there, and she sat in it. Aline sat across from her and offered another seat to Rex. Aline looked at Rex first. "Did you know she was in town?" Her gaze snapped to Bethany, "No I suppose you didn't. Why are you here, Beth?" She asked Bethany. "I was litterally just passing through. On my way to Edia." She said. Aline cocked her head to the side and frowned. "I see. What happened to your eye, why haven't you seen a healer?"

Bethany looked at Rex. "Sorry you got dragged into this. How are you, kid?" She asked. Aline sighed. "Don't change the subject. Your impossible. I haven't heard a word from you in years, I didn't even know if you were alive, when you finally show up, your blind in one eye. Why didn't you come back sooner, send a letter, anything?" She asked. Bethany looked away. This was why she should have stayed away. "Maybe we could get a drink first." She asked.

Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun May 26, 2019 8:02 pm

Rex smiled at the comment about having to punch the guy. "To be fair, sometimes people can't take a hint, no matter how blunt you are to them. When they don't, what other option is there?" In a roundabout way, that was how they'd met. He didn't even know she was here, let alone why she was heading back to Edia. She seemed very reluctant to come back. He followed the duo, and sat down at the offered chair. He was nervous...like stepping into a field with traps everywhere.

"Nope." He answered Aline's question and listened in. "I'm in agreement, a drink or two does sound fantastic right now. Tea or something alcoholic? I can go get it...but before I do, remember when I just said she helped us defeat the Dying Suns mercenary group? An uninvited guest did that to her, and made the plot thicken. Though why she didn't go to a dedicated healer after that is still a mystery to me...only a nurse remained afterwards that treated our injuries, but she wasn't a fully trained healer...now, if you can direct me to the beverages..."

He would get a sweet wine for himself, or if Aline preferred the drinks to not be alcoholic, he'd sweeten the bejeezus out of the tea. He wasn't a tea drinker by trade, let alone coffee. Sweet drinks was about all he could handle. And he got whatever the other two wanted. "I'm doing good...nearly died of a heart attack recently, but otherwise I'm fine..." Going into Mondolin was not conducive to his mental health. Even if the people were nice because of his odd eyes mostly hiding his Asentari heritage.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon May 27, 2019 10:39 pm

"Alcohol.""Tea." They said at the same time. Aline sighed when she seen the look on Bethany's face. "Fine. There's an Edaria Vintage sweet wine. Ask Sylvia for help finding it. She'll be in the kitchen through that door." Alina said. Bethany smiled. "That's a good wine." She said. "I had some in Oleas. Didn't realise you were exporting to the conclave." Bethany "Considering all the troubly they caused." Aline shrugged. "The city needs trade. Also have you ever had Oleas wine?" Bethany nodded. "Yes. They couldn't brew a beer to save they're lives. You got a good deal I'm guessing." Bethany asked and Aline nodded. "Of course. Now back to my earlier questions." Bethany sighed. Of course she wouldn't drop it. Rex was also wondering why she hadn't gone to a healer.

"I got blindsided by a heanta. But why waste my time with a healer? I've faught my way out of places blind drunk before, one less eye isn't as much of a hindrance as you'd think and its more costly to see a healer. I'd much rather get blind drunk." Bethany said. Aline sighed. "Well, that all sounds well and good but I don't buy it." Aline said. "What do you want me to say? 'I'm refusing to see a healer because I'm guilt ridden over my past mistakes and punishing myself for them?' I'm far beyond caring about the thing's I've done." She said. Aline gave her a look that suggested she could see straight through her bullshit, but finally let the subject drop.

Both of them turned to Rex when he mentioned he'd almost died of a heart attack recently. Bethany grinned. "I wan't to here this story. Did you get caught with a farmer's daughter? Pitchforks are surprisingly pointy..." Bethany said, grinning. "I'm sure the kid has more class then you do." She said, smiling. It was ment as a playful jab. Bethany simply smirked. "I'm not going to deny that."

Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Tue May 28, 2019 5:16 pm

They settled for wine. Thank goodness. A type of sweet wine that might fit his tastes. Rex went through the directed door. Sylvia, or who he assumed was her, assisted him in getting the glasses and the bottle. She was extremely kind.

When he got back in, Beth was spouting bullshit. Sighing heavily, he put the glasses down and filled them each up, handing the girls a glass first, and prepared to refill Beth's before he filled his own.

Each seemed interested in his heart attack, Aline even suggesting he had more class than Beth did. His face turned red at the implications and what he was about to share, at least partially. "I don't know about that...you've met Kronos, I slept with him once. The freaking traitor...anyways, potentially worse than that.

I came across a convoy of merchants and traders under attack by a hefty band of brigands. After clearing them out, and damaging my scythe in the process, I escorted them to their destination. Without asking where. As we were coming up on it...I found it was the capital of Mondolin! In the two and a half days I was there, I think I got three hours of sleep! Just hoping no one would turn me in or notice what I was. *sigh* The blacksmith I was directed to noticed, but didn't seem to care, he just fixed my scythe, using a different metal for the chain, took my money, and entertained his daughter. Through a subtle hint as I was talking to him and his daughter, I found that there was still animosity because of the war. I was a little surprised the guy didn't hold a grudge like his daughter did, as his wife was the Mondolin Knight that fought in the war and died. I just hope when or if she finds out, I softened her opinion of Asentari a bit...Lilian Toral may claim she doesn't want another war, but I'm not so sure about that, hatred and dislike can lead to many things...only time will tell..."
He took a big gulp of the wine.

"Anyways, any interesting news from Edia? I've been gone from way too long..."
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:44 pm

While Aline didn't seem to know how to react to him admitting he'd slept with Kronos, Bethany looked taken aback. "What, really? I never would have guessed that about you two. So what, are you like me or Aline here? She-" Aline shot her a glare. "Don't finish that sentance." Aline said. Bethany stuck out her tongue. "Fine fine. I only like women. You can guess the rest." Aline sighed, and Bethany downed her glass. Rex was ready to fill it. He then started talking about his trip to mondolin. Bethany looked momentarily confused as he talked about how he was in mondolin.

She had still been held captive in Karcenak during the first contact war. She knew very little about it, so it took her a moment to grasp why he would be worried about being in mondolin. Even so... "Surely they wouldn't risk holding you. It would start another war." She said. Aline interjected. "Asentari aren't banned from mondolin. Your not likely to be taken prisoner by the military unless you do something illegal or give them reason to take you, but there are people who hate Asentari. They would try to kill Rex, and it would probably have been over looked." He mentioned meeting a girl and Bethany gave him another grin. "Entertained her, eh?" She asked. He continued, speaking about how the war had cost her mother her life, and while Bethany just shrugged, Aline sighed. "With age comes wisdom. The father probably understood that there was more to it than every asentari being responsible for his wife's death. The daughter will need to learn that. Maybe you will be the one to teach her that not all asentari are monsters." Aline said.

Bethany snorted. "Assuming she doesn't stab you for lying. I would. I mean I wouldn't stab you for lying about any old thing, but like, hiding something like that, well.." She trailed off as Aline held up a hand. "Don't freak him out. It's true there could be another war. If the asentari and humans took the time to have a proper sit down and communicate, we could avoid it and maybe create a stronger future for both. We are after all part human. I actually have plans to work on that... I might have a favor to ask of you tomorrow. Both of you, actually." Aline said. Bethany shrugged again. "If it's dangerous and pays, I'm in." She said.

Rex asked about news from Edia and Aline shook her heard. "I haven't heard much. Edia sent a unit of soldiers to wipe out some bandits in the freelands near the Vultani jungle. They were threatening one of the settlements the Asentari attacked back during the start of the war. Its probably the closest to an apology they'd have gotten." She said. Bethany sighed. "Ok, not going to lie. I don't know much about this contact war." She said. Aline blinked. "Where have you been for the last ten years?" She asked. Bethany shrugged. "Up north... I don't really want to talk about it.."

Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:02 am

"We were drunk and teenagers. Best description of us is frenemies. I still want him dead, don't get me wrong, he did kill six soldiers and abandoned the military. But yeah, rivals and everything, we still don't like each other, even though we respect each other." And that neglected the fact that while each did not like the other, they did admit that each was good looking.

Aline got into some detail. Rex added on to it. "While it would be easy to claim to be a mercenary that escorted that merchant caravan, if they found out of my unique relationship with the Primoris Rex, let alone the fact that I am an honorary member of the Oculi, that's reason enough to haul my ass to jail and make demands or claim I was a spy. My unique eyes and my mostly human appearance helped me big time there. So claiming to be a human with powers was easy." Unique eyes referring to the dark blue ring around his slitted pupils, making it hard to see that they were slitted. And unless they touched bare skin or see him shirtless, no one would be the wiser of what he really was.

He gave Beth a deadpan look when she mentioned the entertained the daughter part. "Not like that. She showed me around, some good places, filled me in some books to read to learn about their culture, their galleria, taught me a little bit about their government, including some favorites to succeed the current king...it was fun. And she was interesting, friendly, and I'll admit good looking, but a bit misguided and biased...I bit my tongue on a few things she's said and what she thinks...but she seemed to like me...so there's that..."

He groaned when Beth mentioned Lilian potentially stabbing him. "Oh, I deserve to be clocked for it, with her metal arm if it's her stronger one, but she certainly has access to the equipment to pierce our skin...she's a maniac when it comes to magic and enchantments. Combine that with her hell of a blacksmith father, and she's not too bad at blacksmithing either...yeah..." He really didn't even want to think about that.

Rex nodded at Aline. "Agreed. That, and calmer heads." Something he hoped the praetors were becoming. Especially as reports start filtering in.

Aline also mentioned a favor. For both of them. Which made him tilt his head cutely, and nod. Tomorrow huh...ok then. That ought to be interesting. Then came the news about Edia. That wasn't too surprising. "We've always played our cards close to our chest." He sipped his wine as he looked at Beth.

"It started shortly after Kronos and I graduated from the academy early. Alura immediately took me in and put me to work with desk duty, and I don't know about my red headed rival. Short story, a group arrived in our farthest settlement, assumed there was no military protecting them, plundered and kidnapped a bunch, and took off.

An isolated people, and their first encounter with outsiders being violent, despite their warm welcome? Yeah, we reacted badly and with violence. During the siege here, I believe a Mondolin emissary and his guards got attacked and killed, a few survivors escaping and reported back to Mondolin. When our pursuit grew cold, a reinforced scouting party when north, northwest. Only to be met by the Mondolin military. They got pushed back of course, but reported to the main force. There was a bit of a stalemate when Mondolin refused to move aside in our search for our missing people. As casualties mounted, the Sunlight Covenant and Aline stepped in, with our missing people and the bastard that kidnapped them. As a show of good faith, we handed over the bastard to them, and took our people home.

The way we reacted, while justified, wasn't one that I approve of. Even Alura openly admitted afterwards that she regretted how she reacted to it. The only time in the nine years as her ward I heard her say that. Even her best friend mentioned that it was only his third time hearing her regret something. So that's the short end...if you have any corrections and things to say about it, feel free."
He raised his glass to Aline if she had any additions or corrections she wanted to mention.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:52 pm

"Well, I can't fault you for that. Being drunk leads to plenty of adventures." Bethany said. When he explained that his connection to the Primoris Rex and Oculi, Aline nodded in agreement. "While the current king is a well respected honorable man, his successors could have proven dangerous to you. At worst you could have ended up a political tool, or atleast served to force the current king's retirement with your death." Aline said. "It was sensible to hide the truth from her. If you meet her again, be upfront about the dangers. Your a charming boy, you'll make her understand." Aline smiled. "Or get stabbed." Bethany interjected, earning another scowl from Aline. "What, people are irrational sometimes. Especially young hormonal teenagers."

Rex shot Bethany a deadpan look and she grinned. He explained what they'd gotten up to and the things he'd learned. She found herself somewhat interested, and resolved to visit mondolin herself. Both Aline and Bethany paused when he mentioned she had a metal arm. "A metal arm? Like, a slump knife or hook or what?" Bethany asked. Aline also contemplated it, but stayed quiet. He mentioned her enthusiasm for enchantments and black smithing and Aline. "It's nice to see the youth of today are enthusiastic about more than fighting and violence." She said. "Well, nothing gets done without fighting. And you never complained when I kicked ass for you." Bethany replied. Aline shook her head. "Nothing good comes from it. And you wouldn't have to kickass, if others weren't out to do harm." She said.

Bethany shook her head and went back to listening to Rex explain the war in detail to her, sipping her wine slowly. When he was done she looked to Aline to see if she had anything to add. Aline spoke. "The group were explorers who dared the jungles and illusionary mists to reach Edia. They must have been disappointed to find humans and decided the slave trade would earn them some money. And as much as I helped I wouldn't have been able to do anything to stop the war if it wasn't for the covenant and Kairi thorn capturing the men." She said.

"Wait, Kairi was involved in this? Well, that makes sense." Bethany said, looking towards Rex. "So, I hate to ask again. But I'll ask nicer this time. Where were you?" Aline asked. "I thought... Well I thought news of the trouble would bring you back this way. I was starting to think you were dead." Aline said. "I said I don't want to talk about it." Bethany said. Aline frowned. "I won't judge. But I know you, and I know when something's weighing on you." Aline said softly. "Enough." Bethany snapped. "It doesn't matter anyway. I wouldn't have come back. Not that you actually need me around here fucking up your life." She said jumping to her feet.

"It's late, I'm tired. I'll see myself out." Bethany said, storming out the door. "Bethany, wait!" Aline started to get up, but she heard the front door slam. Slumping back into her seat she looked at Rex and sighed. "I don't suppose you know what that's about? Actually don't tell me if you do.. She wouldn't be happy." Aline hadn't seen Beth that troubled since she killed her father. She thought she was well past it. She'd left Edaria out of bordom, not because of it. But something had happened to her, and she was even more closed off now.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:07 pm

"From what she said, there's two favorites. A Mondolin Knight that I don't think she's fond of, but I can see him manipulating her and others that hold some animosity towards us to start another war...a war monger. The other is a mercantile noble. And the current king isn't in good health I guess, so it would only speed up the replacement process. Thank you for the confidence...I hope so too..." Hopefully she would give him the chance to explain himself. While he didn't think completely about the possibilities, Aline definitely outlined some other possibilities that were just as bad.

Though he did scowl at Beth, he did acknowledge that was a possible outcome. "That is true...though she isn't that young..."

Then came the metal arm question. "Oh no. It was fully articulated and everything! Five fingers and all! It was incredible! The original design for it was her father's, but her and her brother modified it and worked on it using her magic and his blacksmithing skills. The process isn't very streamlined, and very intensive, to the point that it's impractical to mass produce them for those that lost limbs and all, but it's still very impressive. And they're still working on a more practical design."

One of the many things he was in awe about. When Aline went into more detail, Rex snapped his fingers like he just solved a great mystery. "I thought her name sounded familiar! But I just couldn't figure out why at the time...we met her too!" Then Aline asked again where Beth was, and an argument ensued. He flinched when Beth slammed the door. "I don't. We mostly talked about what happened with our families and toasted to surviving shitty parents. I'm afraid I can't help you there..." He gave Aline a sad look.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:37 pm

Aline frowned after Bethany and nodded when Rex explained that he didn't know. "That's understandable. What ever it is it must be fresh. I don't know, she's impossible sometimes. She used to let me in, but I suppose I'm not her go to anymore. Which worries me... She can't bottle everything up forever, its not healthy." Aline sighed."Well hopefully she comes back tomorrow. I could use someone I trust to go to mondolin. Speaking of which, I was going to explain things tomorrow but I'll tell you now. I'm planning to host a Gathering between mondolin and Edia, to discuss working towards a peaceful future.

Its for the free lands benefit as much as the asentari and humans of mandolin that they don't go to war. I just need you to deliver the letter to Edia, since your going that way."
Aline explained. She finished her wine. "But thats for tomorrow. I need to write the letters first. For now, maybe you should head on back to your Inn and get a goodnight sleep. Once your finished your drink of course." Aline said. She smiled politely. It didn't reach her eyes though. She was already stressed now she had Bethany to worry about again. She finished her wine and when Rex was ready to go walked him to the front door and wished him goodnight.

-Two hours later-

Bethany found herself back at Aline's door. She hadn't gone to bed, but rather went for a drink or two, and having some time to think had decided to come back and explaine herself. She knocked on the door, and it swung in, already unlocked. Bethany became tense, as she stepped into the entryway of the house. Her eyes scanned the darkness and she noticed a trail of blood leading back into a side room. She followed it, and found a servant dead on the floor, a knife lodged in the woman's heart.

She rushed out of the room and up the stairs into Aline's room. The door was thrown open, and the room was trashed, but there was no bodies. She heard voices in the alley, and ran to the window. Looking out, she seen two men loading Aline into a cart. Bethany turned and ran for the stairs, but something blindsided her as she left the room, and sent her sprawling onto her side. She rolled over to find a large man standing over her. He regarded her calmly. "Sorry lady, its not your day." He said, drawing a knife identical to the one stuck in the servant below. Bethany could hear the cart outside pulling off and out into the street.

"You have no idea who your messing with." She snarled, pushing to her feet. She rushed and smashed into the man, barreling him down the hall through a door. She struck his face with her fist as they smashed into the ground, and pinned him to the ground. In a surprising show of strength, he threw her off and she slammed into a wardrobe, shattering it. She tried to pull herself from the wreckage, but he had her by the throat. "Na, you're the one who's got no idea. The masters at Karcenak have a ton of gold for your return. Unfortunately the cart's gone, so I'll just have give them your head." He raised the knife. Bethany opened her mouth, and unleashed a blast of fire.

When the smoke and flame cleared, the room was empty. Half the wall was missing, and the house had caught fire. There was no sign of the stranger's body. Meaning he'd escaped. An alarm bell began to sound, a fire warning. Bethany didn't have time to deal with politics or athories. She had to get Aline back. Steadying herself, she left the house and headed back to her in to grab her swords. Then, she went hunting.

-Thread End-
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down