Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» The Reluctant Warrior (Open)
by Jun Today at 4:44 am

» Tohma's mount Tscuchigumo
by Jun Today at 3:30 am

» Caelum of the Skygaurd(orgoth, R-1 rank up)
by Zenke Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» A Prince's Secret (open?)
by Orgoth Tue May 14, 2024 2:09 am

» Ghosts of the Past - Aftermath
by Orgoth Mon May 06, 2024 12:29 am

» Gohan Maedar Skill Sheet
by Orgoth Sun May 05, 2024 3:16 am

» Gohan Maedar
by Jun Sat May 04, 2024 2:12 am

» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

Affiliates

Pathways (Parius)

2 posters

Go down

Pathways (Parius) Empty Pathways (Parius)

Post by Orgoth Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:51 pm

The sun beamed in through the open window in the office of Odric Mantell, the Captain-Commander of the Sunlight Covenant. The silver-haired man peered at the white-clad woman in front of him through equally silver eyes. He spoke with a certain gravitas that a man in his official position warranted, but there was equally level of warmness that always made Kairi Thorne feel comfortable in his presence. "You are to meet Shran in Dungard in four days. He has found some leads regarding the Dying Suns that I think may interest you." Kairi looked up, suddenly intrigued. "Thassa?" Odric took a sip of tea before replying. "The message did not say. However it is likely he has found something. Shran is not one to take action rashly." Kairi nodded and rose to her feet. "I understand, sir." She bowed politely and excused herself, striding purposefully towards the door.

Out in the hallway, Kairi took a deep breath before heading for the mess hall. She would need to be at her peak in order to complete the mission at hand. Whatever Shran's discovery, she would be ready. Trusting her reliable friend, soup, Kairi took a seat at one of the long tables in the mess hall. The hall was quiet, all of the recruits were out training and patrols had already left. She delved into her soup, tucking a stray lock of hair behind her ear. She heard a familiar voice suddenly, and looked up to see a familiar face to match the voice. "Arthur?" She stood and bowed politely to the blonde-haired young man before taking one of his hands in a warm handshake. "How are you, Arthur?" She released his hand and peered into the young man's green eyes with a warm smile. "It's been a while. Please, have a seat." She sat back down with her soup and waited eagerly for whatever news Artorias Ferrum Aurora had to share.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Miral Nerys and Inara R-1 Eldross
Yavanna Elbereth E-1 Eldari
Armagand Kor A-5 Asentari
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Kanetsugu Nakamura A-5 Kijin
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Experience : 1808

Resources
Resources: 31640

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pathways (Parius) Empty Re: Pathways (Parius)

Post by GRYMM Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:15 pm

Strolling through the Sunshield Hold, Arthur had just returned from a small mission, that had taken him far away from his home base. He had a need for food, and a bed, in that order. He had taken off his white plate armor in his room, and only wore his black breeches, his white shirt, and his blue coat. He wore his blades, as he almost never went anywhere without them. He made his way to the mess hall, waving to some of the members who recognized him. As he got there, he noticed that a familiar person was already there. That person was Kairi Thorne, one of the first people he met, when he got to the Sunlight Covenant. 

Making his way over, he said, "Hello Kairi." She looked at him, before getting up, and shaking his hand. "I'm fine. I just got back from a mission, actually." He took the seat offered to him, forgetting about his hunger for now. "It has been a while, hasn't it? Has anything new happened to you since we last spoke?" Arthur had some news, but he wanted to hear from Kairi, before giving it away.

Tristan Bahamat - The Red Ranger - A-5
Merlin - The Magus of Flowers - A-4
Arthur Ferrum Aurora - The Knight of the Sunlit Sky - A-2
Siegfried des Sturm - The Stormdrake - A-2
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Experience : 1235

Resources
Resources: 14000

https://www.twitch.tv/grimm_ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:46 pm

Arthur sat in the offered seat and replied that he was just back from a mission. He also commented on the length of time between now and their last interaction, and asked Kairi for news. She pushed her empty soup bowl to one side and folded her hands on the table. "Not much really. Until now that is. I mainly split my time between patrols and training recruits. If the talent of this latest batch is anything to go by, our positions might be in trouble in a few years." She chuckled before continuing.

"I'm actually heading out tomorrow myself. I've got a mission in the Free Lands. I'm meeting one of our scouts in Dungard. Says he's found something interesting." Kairi tucked another stray lock of hair behind an ear. "So what about you? Any stories from the world out there?"

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:03 pm

Arthur nodded, at Kairi's response. "Well, not everyone can be an amazing genius like myself." He laughed. He was joking, of course. He knew how bad he was when he first made his way to the Covenant. "Tomorrow then? And Dungard? Hmm. Well, if I hadn't just got back, I would offer to go with you. But, I'm in real bad need of some rest. Walking as far as I did, with no horse is quite a toll on my feet."

Arthur put his hand on his chin, when she asked about any news with him. "Any stories? Not really. The only exciting thing that happened was that my younger sister, Lily, started to write me again. My older sister, Leona, is too busy, being a knight, but Lily said they were both doing fine." He put his hands on the table. "But, she told me something that's been on my mind since I left on that last mission." He looked Kairi in her eyes. "I have a half-brother, apparently. My father had a child sometime after I left Mith Silvanus. I don't know anything other than his first name. Nichol." He paused, to see Kairi's reaction. "I'm still not sure how to take the news."

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:53 pm

Kairi nodded at Arthur's response. "Ah, don't worry about it. Besides, it wouldn't be fair if you hogged all of the fun." She smiled warmly. "I have to get out there sometimes too." Arthur then moved on to some more news that he had to share. He mentioned that his younger sister had started writing to him again. "That's good to hear. If you are anything to go by, I'd wager your sister would be a fine knight indeed."

Arthur then mentioned a more important piece of news that he had found out from his sister, the existence of a half-brother. Kairi's expression turned pensive. "I see. It is a tough situation, to be sure. I know what happened between you and your family, particularly your father." Kairi hesitated for a second, then reached over and gave Arthur's hand a reassuring squeeze. She had worked hard to overcome the mental barriers she had acquired from her own turbulent past, and though she still wasn't quite there yet, Kairi was improving at personal contact with others. "The only peace of advice I will offer is this. Don't be so quick to dismiss this new half-brother. The way I see it, he didn't ask to be a product of your father. He could well be in the same boat as you. Just try and keep an open mind, is what I'm trying to say I suppose."

Kairi looked out the mess hall door and saw that a wave of recruits were coming in for lunch after their morning training. She looked at Arthur with a glint in her eye. "Arthur, I have an idea if you're willing." She gestured towards the door. "How do you fancy a quick spar. I know you're tired from your mission but I think it might help to take your mind off things. I want to see how much you've improved since last time."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:48 pm

Arthur nodded at Kairi's kind words. "Thanks. I'm sure Lily would be a fine knight. I know Leona is, she wouldn't be a knight of Mondolin if she wasn't. Arthur smiled, as Kairi squeezed his hand, and gave him some advice. "I'll try and take your advice. At least I know he's out there, so I could take the time, and try and find him. I have also been meaning to visit Mith Sylvanus. I would very much like to see my sisters again. And have a word with my father." Arthur glanced at the recruits, as they walked in. He looked back at Kairi, as she asked for a quick spar. "Sure, I have no problems with it. I'm just not grabbing my armor, though. Too tired." He chuckled. 

Arthur got up, and walked with Kairi to the training area. There were a few other people in there, but not alot. "Well, at least we won't bother everyone with this." Arthur drew Dies, and got into a ready battle stance. "I hope I won't dissapoint." He laughed, and charged at Kairi, aiming a few slashes, testing her defenses. He knew that he had gotten better since the last time they had sparred, but he also figured that Kairi had gotten better, in the same amount of time.

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:54 pm

Kairi glanced around the training courtyard. Many of the recruits had left to get lunch, as she had suspected. A few loitered around though, their gazes becoming locked on the courtyard when Kairi and Arthur entered. They had both garnered reputations as skilled fighters, and the recruits looked on, perhaps looking to learn something. Arthur drew his white sword and set himself into a battle stance. Kairi chuckled at his comment. "Likewise." Then the fight began as Arthur charged at her. She smiled and braced herself.

The blows came quickly, and Kairi was impressed at how much Arthur had increased his speed and strength since they last fought. She had chosen not to get her armor or her shield, so this was pure weapon combat. She parried the blows with her sword, noting the increased speed and force of the attacks. Kairi backed off, transform her sword into its spear form. She then lunged at Arthur, probing his defenses in return with a flurry of thrusts aimed for his limbs.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:07 pm

Arthur smiled, as none of his attacks seemed to get through Kairi's defenses. As usual. He thought, as she switched her sword into it's spear form. "Oh no you don't." He said, as he drew Noctis. She aimed a few strikes at his limbs, and seemed to be testing his reflexes. He blocked most of them, but some got through, and Arthur gained some cuts on his arms. Even now, she can get through my defenses? He thought. He shrugged it off, and came at Kairi with a renewed sense of purpose. He would try and hit her limbs now, before stopping completely, then aiming a kick at her midsection. if it connected Arthur would kind of hang back, and wait for Kairi's next move. If she came at him, once she got close, Arthur would unleash his Solis Fulgo, a pushback move with a range of 5 feet in front of Arthur. 

(OOC: Sorry bout the crap post.)

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:46 pm

Kairi connected with a couple of glancing blows to Arthur's arms. She noted that he had improved his form tremendously since the last time they sparred, tightening up his defense. He came at her again, this time there was a bit more spirit behind the blows. Kairi dealt with the blows, though not as comfortably as the previous salvo by any stretch. Arthur's speed was almost blinding, but it was the sudden change of pace that finally pierced Kairi's defense. Arthur's flurry of blows abruptly ended, and the split-second confusion the pause caused allowed Arthur's kick to connect flush with Kairi's midriff. The kick knocked the wind out of Kairi and put her on her backside.

Kairi rose immediately to her feet, breathing heavily to try and get some wind back in her sails. She smiled at Arthur approvingly. "That was impressive. A nice switch-up of techniques and speed." Kairi readied herself for her response. "Time to step it up a level." Kairi sprung into action, advancing on Arthur as she activated her Total Defense ability to dramatically increase her Agility. She tried to assail him with another assortment of spear thrusts, but she was caught by Arthur's Solis Fulgo, knocking her back. However, Kairi's enhanced Agility allowed her to react quicker than normal, sticking her spear into the ground and halting her flight halfway.

When the attack ended, Kairi used her spear to launch herself at Arthur, shifting her spear back into sword mode to launch an assault on Arthur's defenses. She avoided power strikes and instead focused on rapid strikes, utilizing her agility. She targeted his limbs again with strikes before back-flipping out of range. When she landed, Arthur might notice her eyes glowing for a second before she set off her own Solar Flare, which would blur Arthur's vision for a post if he didn't avoid it in time. Kairi would then wait patiently for the response.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:54 pm

Arthur smiled, as Kairi seemed impressed with his kick. After she was blown back, Arthur got into a defensive position, and waited, as Kairi came at him again. Her strikes were faster, and much harder to predict. He gained a few new cuts, but nothing to serious. He was happy with himself, as he was able to block most of the attacks. Back when he first trained with Kairi, he would've lost by now. 

Kairi then backflipped, and Arthur heard some of the other students gasp. This momentary distraction allowed Kairi's Solar Flare to hit him, full on. Gasping, as his sight was attacked, he put his hands up to his eyes. Out of instinct, he summoned his Nox Sagittae, and 10 black arrows appeared, and shot out, randomly. Shaking his head, he got back into a defensive stance. His vision was blurry, but Arthur could see Kairi's outline.

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:44 pm

Kairi acted on pure instinct when Arthur set off his Nox Sagittae, sending a number of arrows in her direction. Kairi tried to parry as many as possible, though she overstretched and caught one in the shoulder. She flinched and stepped back slightly, but she stayed on her feet. She saw Arthur settle into a defensive stance, though she tell that he was still struggling a little with his vision. Kairi smiled as she checked her shoulder, noting the scorch mark on her clothing and the skin of her shoulder. "Not bad. You've really gotten better."

Kairi held her sword in two hands and waited for Arthur's vision to clear before addressing the recruits surrounding the ring. "Sorry about stealing your training ring. I hope you'll learn something from this though." Kairi suddenly turned and rushed Arthur, leading with a downward slash. She followed up with a flurry of slashes that assailed Arthur from the waist up. She retreated after that to let Arthur have a go at her.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:05 pm

Arthur shook his head, as he heard Kairi compliment him again. "I hope you don't talk to your actual enemies like this." He chuckled out, as his eyesight started to come back. Once it did, he watched as Kairi apologized for stealing the training ring. "They will. As long as they pay attention." He cast a sideways glance at them, before getting back into the fight. Kairi came at him, and he blocked the downward slash with one of his blades, but she then came at him with flurry of slashes. Arthur tried to keep on the defensive, while also throwing in attacks of his own. And he still got cuts, as some of Kairi's attacks got through.

As Kairi retreated, Arthur suddenly pressed his attack, attacking Kairi in much of the same way she just attacked him. However, he then decided to up the ante, and as his strikes came, he sped them up, each one going faster than the last. He then tried the kick again, stopping his attacks suddenly, and aiming at her midsection.

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:06 pm

Arthur questioned whether she spoke to enemies the same way she was speaking to him. She smiled mischievously back at him. "Do you really think you'd be still standing if you were an actual enemy?" Arthur dealt with the assault well, sustaining only a few nicks and scratches. She laughed jovially, but it was cut off as Arthur took her by surprise, suddenly coming at her with a flurry of attacks.

The assault was similar to the one Kairi had just inflicted on him, but with each strike he upped the pace. He was scoring hits with increasing frequency, opening small cuts on her arms, before eventually breaking through her defense, opening a large gash on her shoulder and running down to the center of her chest. Arthur suddenly stopped, and even though Kairi was injured, she still had enough wits about her to know what was coming, and she was ready. She evaded the kick by ducking, and suddenly transformed her sword into spear mode, using the butt of the spear to sweep Arthur's standing leg mid-kick. If it worked, she would back off. If not, she would roll through and stand up.

Either way, Kairi would raise a hand and lower her weapon. "Okay, I think that's enough. Really good." Breathing heavily, Kairi surveyed the damage. She had scored minor hits early on, though her advantage disappeared as the fight went on. She looked at herself, only feeling the pain of the wound she had suffered when she laid eyes on it. "You got me really good there. I'm going to need a change of clothes by the looks of it." She saw blood splashed on the white tile of the sparring ring, and she turned to the students in attendance as she realized that they were applauding the demonstration of combat prowess they had just witnessed.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:10 am

Arthur was scoring small hits, until he got Kairi, from her shoulder to her chest. He missed the kick, and felt his leg get swept out from under him. He hit the tiles, hard, and felt his breath leave his body. Kairi said that it was enough, so he laid there for a bit, getting his breath back. He heard talk about the wound he gave her. "Sorry." He managed to say, before getting up. 

His cuts started to sting, but he ignored it for now. He waved at the students, before fully getting up. "I think we might need a trip to the medics. Before these cuts get to bad, you know?" He sheathed his blades, and waited for Kairi to follow him to the medic's.

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:46 pm

Kairi's sweep worked and Arthur hit the deck with a thud. He apologized for the wound he had inflicted on Kairi, and she smiled. "Don't worry about it. If I had defended better it wouldn't have happened. Besides, it's good to see how much you've improved since you got here." She looked around at the students who looking on eagerly. A familiar voice pierced the air behind Kairi. "Alright everyone! Form up!"

As the recruits all formed up hastily into ranks, the person behind the voice emerged from the crowd. "I should've known it was you causing this spectacle and hogging the training ring." Kairi grinned sheepishly at her. "Sorry Randalla. I was just giving Arthur a test to see how good he had become." Randalla Thorne, Kairi's adopted mother, shook her head with a rueful smile at the two of them. "So I've seen. Well thanks a lot. Now my class is going to look relatively mundane compared to what you two just dished up." Randalla surveyed the two warriors. "Well, you two better go get patched up." Randalla winked at the two of them before turning back around to the assembled students, whose formation had begun to drift slightly. "Hey! You call that a formation?!" The students all stood to attention and reformed their line. Randalla strolled in front of them. "I hope you've had your fill of entertainment for the day, because we have to play catch-up now. So let's get to it. Fifty laps of the ring! Now!"

Kairi smiled and followed Arthur to the infirmary. They were greeted by an Eldari, who brought them to a ward and immediately began to administer the required magical healing to the two of them. After they were patched up, they were told to wait for a few minutes to let the healing process complete. Kairi turned to Arthur from her seat. She was now devoid of cloak and tunic, with the garments being washed and repaired respectively. She sat in a simple vest and trousers.

"Well, that was certainly something. Although I'm sure I'll get another earful from Randalla before I leave in the morning." Kairi took a sip of tea and regarded Arthur for a moment before continuing. "Arthur, may I offer you some advice, purely as a friend? You really should go to Mith Silvanus some time. I know your family situation is complicated, but I think you should try and at least visit your sister. She seems like a good person from what you've told me, and you seem to get along with her." She took another sip of tea.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:01 pm

Arthur had taken off his coat, and it was taken away with Kairi's cloak, and tunic. He sat in his white undershirt, as he finally let his body relax. He nodded, as Kairi asked him a question. When Kairi finished, Arthur looked in the direction Mith Sylvanus was, from their current position. He sighed. "It would only cause her trouble now, I think. For both of them, actually. Leona, and Lily." He spread his arms out. "Besides, I'm needed here, right?" Hethought for a moment, before scratching his chin. "Although....They might be able to come here, actually. Leona is a Mondolian Knight, and Lily is in training. But, nothings stopping them." He looked at Kairi. "Think that would work?"

GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:05 pm

Kairi listened as Arthur contemplated her advice. He seemed unsure, and he seemed to be of the opinion that his presence would cause his sisters more problems. She considered this for a moment, as Arthur then offered to have his sisters come here, to the Hold. Kairi nodded approvingly. "That works too. They would be more than welcome, and I actually look forward to meeting them both." Kairi finished her tea and put the cup down, then reached over and gave Arthur's hand a quick squeeze. "Look, I don't want to intrude. Your family is your own business. I just think that a meeting in person would do you all the world of good." She gazed out the window at the sun as it transitioned across the sky. She looked at Arthur and stood up. "I have a few errands to run before I leave tomorrow. I'll talk to you when I get back." She picked up her empty cup and put her hand on Arthur's shoulder. "Take care, Arthur." With that, Kairi left the infirmary.

Thread End

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down