Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

» Duty and War(Rowan/Yavanna Rank Up)
by Orgoth Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:01 pm

» A Dragon's Heart (Part 1)
by The Narrator Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 am

» The Gathering Storm (Undead Event Part 1)
by The Narrator Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:33 am

» Gohan Maedar (WIP)
by Orgoth Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:22 am

» Xinra Kal'Dior (Crew of Raya's Gambit)
by Orgoth Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:53 am

» The Blackspire Riders(Orgoth)
by Orgoth Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:44 pm

» Rank up Purchases
by Zenke Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:54 am

Affiliates

Showdown at Yoniva: Part 1 - Moving the Pieces

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Showdown at Yoniva: Part 1 - Moving the Pieces Empty Showdown at Yoniva: Part 1 - Moving the Pieces

Post by Orgoth Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:40 pm

Thassa paced the large chamber in the center of the mine under the town of Yoniva. She fumed as Kronos briefed her on what had happened at the Khudan base, including Thalbjorn's betrayal. Her trusted lieutenant had revealed Thassa's whereabouts to the two runts, Faylandrea Shor and Valatrix Hornless, along with their Asentari lackey, a rival of Kronos. She spat as she expressed her disbelief at how everything had gone wrong. "That fool always did have more honor than brains. Now they know where we are. They'll be coming. I'm familiar with those two bitches. Too familiar. They won't waste time. We can expect an attack in the next day or two." She suddenly stopped pacing and turned to Kronos. "But what of this rival of yours... Rex von Broven? What can you tell me about him? What's his stake in all this?"

Assuming Kronos told her about Rex, Thassa would gaze around the chamber, as if analyzing her towns defenses through the rock above her. "We'll need to be ready. I know it seems like only three kids, and I can't really see them luring a fenroc all the way here from the forest, but they are resourceful and they are dangerous, especially if this von Broven kid is as tactically astute as you say. Get to it. Increase the defenses around the town, but don't make it obvious. We can't afford to abandon the town, but I'm not about to sit around and let them waltz in here either. We need to be ready..." Thassa trailed off as she stalked to her quarters to prepare for battle. They needed to be ready.

Kairi sat eating her soup in the Eldritch Moon Inn in the town of Zendar. She had awoken at the crack of dawn, excitement and nervousness. She had been into battle many times before, but never with as eclectic a group as she was about to today. In truth, she had no idea how this would pan out. At the very least, they had a sound plan and everyone seemed to be on board with it. It was the best she could hope for. Bethany, or Mercy as she's known in the world, was a fierce fighter with highly destructive abilities. She knew less of the others. Fayla and Vala were direct descendants of Dalrodir Shor and Ren the Hornless respectively, the two mightiest warriors Asmir Ka'Lesa had ever seen. If they inherited even a fraction of that strength, it boded well. Rex was also vouched for by Shran, and it was far from her place to judge a book by its cover. There was a quiet assurance in his gaze that told her that Rex was at least confident in his own skills. The one Kairi knew the least about was Siegfried, but Bethany and Vala had both spoken highly enough of his skills, and he certainly didn't look like a pushover. She continued her soup.

Fayla awoke as the sunlight shone in through a crack in the curtains. She got ready with excitement at the prospect of finally getting her hands on Thassa. All of their hard work over the last few months had finally paid off. As an Eldari, she didn't need to wash. However, she liked to wash her hair before going on a mission, made her feel better. She tied it up in a neat ponytail before getting dressed and bringing her stuff downstairs. Kairi was already there, happily tucking into a bowl of soup. Fayla waved at her and then went and got herself a bowl of porridge and sat down beside her. Fayla chuckled. "Do you only eat soup?" Kairi smiled and gazed at her chosen dish. "Maybe. I like the idea of it. I like how something so small and simple can make such a big difference." She glanced back at Fayla as the Eldari started eating her porridge. "You know, I've never lost a battle when I've eaten soup before it."

Fayla snorted. "I'll take your word for it." She ate a little more porridge before appearing to struggle with it. Kairi glanced at her. "Something wrong?" Fayla shook her head. "No... it's just nerves. I always get a bit nervous before a big fight. I don't know. Me and Vala have been in plenty of fights before, but there's something about this one. We've spent the last few months tracking Thassa, and now we've finally found her. We can't let this chance slip." Kairi nodded in understanding. She reached over and squeezed Fayla's shoulder gently. "So, let's not let it slip. I believe that if we all give it everything, we will succeed. We'll get it done. Don't worry Lady Faylandrea." Kairi chuckled and gave an exaggerated bow and Fayla laughed and punched her on the shoulder. "Don't you dare start calling me that!"
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Experience : 1693

Resources
Resources: 5600

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Showdown at Yoniva: Part 1 - Moving the Pieces Empty Re: Showdown at Yoniva: Part 1 - Moving the Pieces

Post by Jun Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:39 am

"His stake is me and me alone. I didn't exactly leave Edia peacefully. As his rival, he feels obligated to be the on to take me down, though he also won't begrudge anyone for doing the job...he knows I won't have any mercy and will not make someone hold back just to get a shot at me. You can blame some idiots for trying to mug him. Since our graduation, he's been trained by the best of the best in our military. He doesn't have much in terms of magical attacks...actually, we match each other pretty well in those terms. A short ranged lightning attack and his big breath attack. The rest are not offensive nor really defensive. He uses a scythe and sword. I didn't see what tricks his scythe had...it's changed since graduation. He'll prefer stealth and attacking at odd angles. As inexperienced as he is, he learns and adapts. He's not particularly good with the big picture. But I've been the only one to have beaten him before...and vice versa. We have a score to settle. That was all there was to it. And Kronos nodded and spoke some more.

"Rexie is a noble...he has money. And is sure to have earned his share out here in addition to being already well funded. My expectation would be he hires a bunch of hired thugs for the distraction while he and his harem go through the escape tunnel in a pincer. We'll lay some traps there and have that spy keep an eye on it and inform us when they come in through there. I'll have some of the valueables up top moved to secure locations. Just in case. We'll have no troops target them when it's a one on one fight. Only when they have at minimum a two v. one. I'd like the front tunnels rigged. Either to crush them or funnel them to this central tunnel. Hit and fade attacks. Wear them down. Until this last chamber. That's my basic idea at least. We'll see what happens when the time comes.

Though if I may...why is this town so important that we can't just up and leave? I'm just...confused."
It was a good question. And hopefully this will succeed and he could put his past to rest.

~

Rex had exercised, stretched, and jogged just before dawn. It was good to limber up before a big fight. He looked very much like just an everyday working lad...if not for the shirtless man's blue scales and dragon shaped bone plate on his right side. He did keep his sword on his back as well, just in case he was ambushed. But so far, nothing.

He had just gotten back and went to the lounge for breakfast when he saw Fayla and Kairi. He sat next to them, eggs, bread, bacon, and sausage being put in front of him. "Lady quite suits you though. I'm sure Beth would gladly start calling you that. You do seem like you hold yourself like a noble...I'm one myself, I can see these things. However, unlike most that get into the military, you've earned your spot. I can see that too." He started to chow down. The comment about being called a lady was the only one of their conversation he heard.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Experience : 1458

Resources
Resources: 8060

Back to top Go down

Showdown at Yoniva: Part 1 - Moving the Pieces Empty Re: Showdown at Yoniva: Part 1 - Moving the Pieces

Post by Zenke Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:58 pm

Vala slept like a rock for several hours before waking up about an hour before dawn. Nerves nagged at her, and so she decided to hunt to try to calm them. Fayla was still sleeping when she left the room quietly, and head out of the inn with bow in hand. Vala left the town and headed into the forest. She slowed her pace, and began to carefully scan the forest as the sun began to rise. In the early hours of the morning, a particularly tasty creature began to stir in the forest. She spotted one, hopping across the forest floor, sniffing at the ground in search of tasty leave.

Vala crept closer, until she was only twenty feet away before raising her bow. Knocking an arrow, and drawing it back, she took a breath and loosed an arrow as she finished her exhale. The arrow hit the small rabbit in the head, and its nearby freinds scarpered. Vala smiled and scooped up the rabbit. She took her prey back to the inn, the sun now rising, and headed around back to the kitchen. Outside one of the tavern windows that looked in to the seating area, she spotted a sleeping form in a bush.

At some point in the night, Mercy had found herself outside, and ended up in the tavern's greenery. Vala gave her a poke with one of her arrows, and when she didn't move, she poked harder. Mercy stirred, opening her eyes slightly "What're you doin in my room Shorty.." She grumble. "Your not in your room. Your in a bush." Vala replied, with a frown. "Ah. That explains why the curtains are open. Do you have something to drink?" She asked.
"I have water." Vala said, tossing a water skin down to Mercy.

Mercy caught it and drank from the flask. "Thanks Shorty." She said.
Vala sighed. "Please stop calling me that." she said. Mercy began to sit up. "Help me out of this bush, and I will." She said. Vala sighed again, and helped the woman up. "That was a pretty comfortable bush." She said, pulling a leaf from her hair. Vala laughed despite heself. "You looked pretty happy alright."

Mercy headed inside and Vala continued around back to the kitchen. She expertly skinned the rabbit out of the way, and cooked it. When she was done, she went into the lounge, sat down with her catch and started to eat. It was a pretty small rabbit, but she shared it with anyone who wanted some. Not long after, Mercy came in, a bit more life in her face and sat down with them. "So, how did everyone sleep?" She asked.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Experience : 2289

Resources
Resources: 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:04 pm

Siegfried had woken up, before the sun had come out. He didn't know if anyone else had woken up yet, so he got dressed, without his armor, and grabbed Balmung. He walked outside, and drew the sword. Taking a stance, he swung it, feeling the weight of the greatsword. Sieg did this every morning, if he had the time. He practiced his swings for a bit, until the sun started coming up. Putting Balmung in it's sheath, and attaching it to his back, he went back to his room, put on his armor, and walked into the kitchen. He got himself some soup, and made his way into the lounge.

He noticed that Fayla, Kairi, Vala, and Rex were already there. He sat down, and started on his soup, when Mercy walked in. "I slept fine. The beds are comfy here." He finished his soup, and stretched in his chair. He waited for everyone else to finish their food, before speaking. "We should get ready to leave soon. The quicker we get there, the less time they have to get something ready."
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Experience : 385

Resources
Resources: 6000

https://www.twitch.tv/grimm_ember

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:08 pm

Some time later, Thassa paced in the large chamber. Her armor glinted in the light of the braziers on the walls as an underling briefed her on their security efforts. "We have increased the watch on the town's perimeter. The buildings will provide cover for the men. We have also posted extra guards at both entrances of the escape tunnel. If the enemy somehow have knowledge of it, we'll be ready." Thassa nodded. "Very well. That will be all." The underling nodded and left the chamber. Thassa looked at Kronos. "Kronos. I will entrust you with the defense of the town. I want you to go make sure the town is as secure as he says. If those two... children... are still coming for me after all this time, then we need to make sure we're ready. No mistakes or oversights, understood?"

Fayla's green eyes locked on to Rex when he made his observation about her nobility. "Well, I wouldn't say we're nobles as such. The Shor name does come with a lot of expectation though. Mother is on the Golden Council, but she earned her way up by serving in the Eternal Watch first. I was expected to follow her path, but Mother thinks I have too much of Father in my spirit. I just want to make my own name in the world."

Vala eventually arrived with food to boot, followed soon after by Siegfried. Bethany came downstairs after that. The Asentari looked like she had indulged in a bit too much of the tavern's products the night before, but she seemed reasonably awake and alert when she asked how everyone else slept. Kairi nodded and smiled. "Very well, thank you." Fayla snorted at Bethany's appearance. "Better than you it looks like." Siegfried suggested that they leave once everyone was finished. Kairi nodded. "I agree. We'll meet at the edge of the town when everyone is geared up." Kairi rose from her chair and politely excused herself before leaving.

Once everyone had arrived at the meeting point, Kairi looked at Fayla and Vala. "Given Shran's description of the approach to the town, we have decent cover from the trees until we're almost there. I think you two should split off at that point and make for the escape tunnel." Fayla nodded in agreement. "Makes sense." Kairi then turned to the rest of them. "The rest of us should try and enter the town from different sides. Any questions?"
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:08 am

Kronos's eyes narrowed at the man. That wasn't the plan. Why have one if everyone is going to ignore it anyways? Still, he gritted out a quick "Yes Ma'am." And stalked out, grabbing the man by the throat and slamming him into a wall. It made him feel a little bit better. He had his thirty soldiers with him. Plus another forty that where already here. ten more could quickly reinforce him if need be. But those numbers weren't ideal...ten is hardly enough to make a difference. He fudged some things around. Things got more secure than before. Short of an elemental breath, he doubted anyone could sneak through. So now, it was a waiting game.

~

Rex couldn't help but smile at Fayla. That was very admirable. In a way, he hoped to do the same. Then everyone else arrived. Giving a toothy grin, he answered Beth. "Slept like a log." Then came the order to gear up and meet at the edge of town.

~

Rex arrived in his all black and dark blue clothes, complete with hood, sword on his back, and scythe horizontal at his waist also on his back. He even sported gloves. He didn't have any. So he just stuck with Beth and followed her through the woods.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:10 pm

Bethany nodded at Fayla. "Morning cutie." She said in response. "I'm ready to go when you all are." She said when sieg suggested leaving. "I agree. I'm ready to go so I'll finish eating, and meet you out there." Vala said. Bethany got up and left.

Two days of grueling travel later, the group arrived at the outskirts of Yoniva town. Setting up a tempory camp on a hill half a mile from the town in a copse of trees, there was a decent view of the old mining town. After a few hours rest the group was ready to begin the attack. Vala took watch, since she didn't need to sleep as much as the others, and kept a good idea on the town and surrounding area to make sure they weren't snuck up on. When the sun began to rise, she roused the others to prepare for the assault.

Bethany glanced between Vala and kairi. "I'll give you both twenty minutes to get into position around the town, then I'll start some fun. When you see smoke, start the attack. We'll hit them as hard as we can from our side. Myself and Rex will try link up with Kairi and Sieg." She said. Looking over to Fayla she smiled. "You two try not to die, alright? Once your in those tunnels your on your own until we can get through the forces so just be careful." Bethany said. Vala nodded. "That was well spoken for a woman I found asleep in a bush two days past. You wouldn't be a half bad leader." Vala said with a slightly mocking smile. "Yeah yeah, don't push it Squirt." Bethany said. "Alright, no time like the present. Lets go Fayla." Vala said, before they dissapeared off into the woods.

After the others left, and Bethany started to move towards her side of the town, she looked at Rex. "I met your freind Kronos. I figure he'll be here. How do you want to deal with it, if he comes at us?" She asked. "I'll deal with him, if you want. If not I'll keep anyone else off you. Its up to you." She said, as they got into position. As the outer perimiter came into view Bethany took cover in the foliage and snuck closer. After ten more minutes, she signalled to Rex and started to move quickly towards the town itself. A guard appeared from around the side of the house, and in a single motion she pulled out her Gladius and luanched it at his thoat, taking him down clean with no more than a gurgle.

She posted up next to the wall, and a ball of flame appeared in her hand. She threw it up onto the roof across from her, then another into the top floor window of the building. The fire took, and she threw a few more into another house as fire began to rise. Looking to rex, she said, "Get ready. The shit's about to hit the fan."
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:47 pm

Siegfried looked at the town they were going to be attacking. He had woken up a bit earlier than everyone else, but he knew that Vala was on watch duty, so he didn't bother her. Ah. The butterflies before a fight are coming. He thought to himself. Everyone else got up, and Sieg listened Mercy give the details. As Fayla, and Vala moved to leave, he said, "Good luck." He looked at Kairi, and nodded at her, "Well. Let's get into our position." He followed her to where their part of the plan would take place. Sieg drew Balmung, and waited for Mercy's fires to spring up. He saw them, and smiled at Kairi. "Let's rock."

(OOC: I know. My post sucks)
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:05 pm

Kairi woke up and began to limber up as the others awoke too. Fayla yawned and got up, checking her ammunition and stringing her bow. The copse provided a clear view of the town from cover, making it easier to have an idea where everyone was meant to go. Mercy began to outline the order of play, which made sense given that her team's task was integral to the plan as a whole. Kairi nodded in understanding. "Understood." Fayla stretched her limbs as Kairi quietly said a prayer to Na'Sora, asking for the strength and luck to make it through the day. Then, they moved out.

Kairi looked at the plume of smoke that slowly rose from within the camp and smiled, impressed. "She doesn't hang around." Siegfried gave the word, and Kairi nodded. "Alright. Stay close. we can't risk getting separated." She drew her sword and readied her shield. It was time to fight.

Kairi had picked a low building to begin her assault from. She could see soldiers running from it, heading for the fire. Kairi stood by the doorway, signalling Siegfried to stop behind her. She waited until she heard the last soldier approaching the doorway and swung her shield across, smashing the soldier in the face. She stepped around the corner with her shield raised, making sure the building was empty before turning to the man she had stunned. She grabbed him by the collar of his breastplate and looked into his eyes. "Tell me where the nearest entrance to the mine is, or me and my friend here will gut you where you stand."

The man whimpered and then pointed her to a building about fifty yards down the street. Kairi nodded, and hurled him the other way. "Thank you. Now, get out of here before we change our minds on killing you." Kairi turned and smiled at Siegfried as the man scarpered as fast as his legs could carry him. "It's a tactic I've mastered over the years. Come on, we're running out of time." They were about to clear the last building before the one they needed, when a dozen guards poured out of it. They quickly moved to surround Kairi and Siegfried. Kairi turned to the Asentari. "Ah. Well, they wouldn't make it that easy I suppose."

Fayla looked at the entrance to the escape tunnel. There were about ten guards that she could see, not to mention whatever was in the tunnel. She glanced at Vala beside her with a look of anticipation on her face. "I see about ten at the entrance. Shouldn't be a problem. We'll do it just like the the first time." The Eldari nocked an arrow and gazed at the base. Soon enough, a plume of smoke rose over the town, like a cloud of impending doom. The guards spotted it too, and two of them disappeared into the tunnel, while the others remained transfixed on the smoke. Fayla exhaled slowly. "That's one hell of a distraction. Alright, let's go."

Fayla moved silently, reaching the base of a large tree. She used her Wild Step, appearing in a tree overlooking the entrance to the tunnel. She waited until Vala was in position before making her move. They had used a similar tactic the first time they had encountered Thassa. Vala had pretended to be wounded and lured the guards to her, before her and Fayla sprung the ambush. It was the oldest trick in the book, but it worked every time.
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:50 pm

"Depends on which one of us he goes after. He might not be in the mood to take on someone he knows too well...and knows it would be a tough fight. Unknown means it could be an easy score...or a hard one. It's a gamble that may or may not pay off. That's how he'll see it as. Get him to surrender if possible. Once he gives up, he'll stay there. But if you have the opportunity to end it...I'm not going to hold you back needlessly."

Then the combat started. People started to run around. Several lost their heads in an instant. Four down. Five more was heading towards him, and another six going for her. Seems they needed a lesson...but they weren't attacking except in groups of five or more. Likely by Kronos's instruction. Let's how well his planning went...

~

A blazing red head stepped out, followed by a woman with a mace and buckle shield. Kronos had his cutlass out, his large shield in his left hand. "Of course we won't make it easy. Though it would have been better if she packed up and left in the first place. But it is what it is. Seems we get to see how much of a thorn in my side you'll be, Ms. Thorne. Mira, take the men and go after the Asentari. He's either lightning or ice."

The five foot nine fire Asentari charged her, shield first. Hoping to slam right into her and push her away, then swing his sword at her. The cutlass erupted into flames, forming a whip with a scorpion tail on the end, and tried to stab her from above. If she was at a distance, he'd point his shield a certain way, and fire four serrated darts at her.

Mira herself went in with a strike towards Siegfried's legs, while the rest of the men surrounded and stabbed at the man. With her mace, at least she knew the man's dragon skin wouldn't do much to protect against her.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:23 am

Bathany ripped her gladius free of the downed man, as soldiers began pooling out of the surrounding area. Rex started to swing, and she let him at it as six of the men turned to her and began to advance carefully. Bethany smiled. "What, six on one not good enough odds? You lot must be a bunch of cowards." She said with a mocking grin. She could see the insult getting to one of them. "Big tough bandits scared of a little woman. Do you want to go get Thassa to fight me? I'll wait." She said.

One of the men had enough of her insults and mockery, and charged her. The charge encouraged the others, who began to move too. With gladius in hand she deflected the first strike and spun the blade, smashing the pommel into the first man's helmet. The blow left him staggered and stunned, and she flicked the blade to block a second blade. She drew Asi and rapidly spun and ducked a high strike. A quick flick of her gladius reversed the grip, and she drove it back into the gut of the second attacker, as she drove Asi through the spine of the first. Ripping the blades free she barely dodged a third incoming blade and lashed into the man's ribs with double blades, and kicked him into one of his companions.

She lunged at the last two as they came at her together and slid low, hacking the leg from under one with her gladius, and driving Asi up under the chin of the other. The final attacker came at her after freeing himself from his burning comrade, catching her by surprise and striking her hand with his shield. Asi fell from her grip, and he tried to run her through with his blade. She flicked her gladius up to deflect the attack, striking his sword hard enough to break the shoody steel weapon.

The man threw the weapon aside and tried to strike her in the face with his shield, forcing her back. And then he bent down and picked up Asi. Brandishing the sword at her, he smiled with broken teeth. "I'm gonna gut you with your own blade." He said. She laughed, and the  blade ignited in the man's grip, he screamed as the heat of the handle scorched his hand and dropped Asi. Bethany dashed forward and cought the blade by the handle, reversed in her grip, and slashed the man's throat out.

As she finished with the last one, somebody started to clap loud enough for Rex and the soldiers fighting him to hear too. "Expertly done, Bethany." Said a voice vaguely familiar. A man stepped out of the shadows, with a second group of soldiers, which began to surround her. "I'm sorry, do I know you? Oh let me guess, I killed your father and your out for vengence or some bullshit." She said. "No, not quite. I believe your the one who wants vengence. Did you forget? I think it was around twenty years ago, myself and a cohort of companions cut down your freinds and captured you." He said. "I'm surprised you escaped Karcenak. Maybe I shouldn't be, you did fight like a demon that night." He said. Bethany growled. "Shut up." She said.

"So you do remember. And I figured I would have to kill your little freind over there to remind you. Actually I think I will anyway. Men, keep her busy." He said. She snarled and tried to rush him, but he vanished, and appeared next to Rex, twin daggers in hand, and attacked him with a flurry of slashes.

As they closed the distance, Fayla disapeared up a tree. Vala ran her claws gently across her arm, drawing blood, and smearing it across her clothes. Enough to make it appear convincing that she was badly hurt. The wounds healed quickly, and she left the woods, hunched over and gripping her ribs, careful to conceal her Drakna, and walking slowly as she approached the guards. She gave out a weak cry of help, drawing the attention of the guards at the escape tunnel. The men confered with each other, before one vanished, probably to report her appearance, and two more began to approach cautiously. "Whats the problem?"

Vala slid to her knees. "I.. I was attacked in the woods by a heanta.. I barely managed to escape. I don't.. I'm hurt... I need help." She said, her voice pained. The men looked at each other, getting closer. "The heanta, did it have horns? was there an eldari with her?" One of them asked. "Yes, yes but there was no eldari. She ran off after I escaped."

The other guards began to approach cautiously, and the two before her wispered quietly to each other. She heard one mention having a bit of fun, before the other suggesting they simply kill her. He made to draw his sword and was stopped by the first. The others approached and joined the group. The first two looked at her. "Looks like allot of blood." One said. "Even so, your quite pretty. Tell you what, we'll help you and you can repay us, if you know what I mean." He said, smiling suggestively. "I don't have money.. I can't. . Oh wait you mean... No, no.." She said, pulling back as he reached out a hand. He made a lunge to grab her, his face turning angry, and Vala moved as fast as lightning, catching him by the arm.

She twisted it and drove her fist up into his elbow, breaking his arm before pushing him back behind her for Fayla to deal with. The second one had his sword half way drawn as she dashed foreward and slashed her claws across his face several times, ripping it appart. He fell to the ground screaming, and the others began to back away as she grinned, hands covered in their comrade's blood. It clicked then, that she was the heanta they were watching for. The men backed away quickly, two of them simply turning to run. One took a swing at her with his sword and she dived under the strike, shreading his leg with her claws. He went down onto one knee and she drove a fist into the back of his head. There was a crack, and she spun to meet her next attacker, his sword raised to slash her across the back.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:00 pm

Siegfried simply watched, as Kairi motioned for him stop, after they had entered town. HE was impressed, when she slammed her shield into a man, and successfully got information out of him. "Good skill to have." He said, as they moved out again. He followed her again, until they got surrounded by guards. A man and woman walked out, and the man started talking. He then correctly guessed that Siegfired was an Asentari, and his element. "I'm guessing that's Kronos then." He said, mostly to himself. He got ready, as Kronos charged Kairi, and the Mira came at Sieg. 

As the woman aimed a strike at his legs, Sieg thought fast. Have to do something about being surrounded, so Sturmflut it is. He thought, as he almost missed blocking the strike. Switching Balmung to one hand, Sieg made a fist, charged some magical power, and punched towards the ground. Once he did so, a wave of force was released in a circle around him for 15 feet. It knocked over most of the normal soldiers, and he knew that Kronos and Kairi would've been hit by it. He didn't worry about them though, as Mira was already back on her feet. Sieg bared his teeth, and his blade crackled with lightning. He aimed a slash at 2 of the soldiers, and launched a wave of lightning at them, taking them out. Sieg then moved towards Mira, aiming strikes to end their fight quickly, before the rest of them regained their composure. So, he aimed mostly at her chest, and head.
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:57 pm

Thassa paced her chamber in contemplative thought. A subordinate entered the chamber and brought disturbing news. "Thassa, several buildings have gone up in flames near the center of the town. Kronos is investigating with his guard now." Thassa stopped pacing, and glared at the man. "Do you have any other offending news?" The man wilted in the force of Thassa's glare as the woman advanced slowly and menacingly at him. "T-T-The guards stationed at the escape tunnel reported that a wounded girl turned up at the entrance. Said she'd been attacked by a Heanta-" Thassa suddenly grabbed the man by the throat and lifted him off his feet. "And you're now going to tell me that they killed her on the spot, aren't you?" The man gasped for air as he forced his words out. "Th-They took her prisoner." Thassa let out a roar as her grip crushed the man's throat. "IDIOTS!" She released the man and he slumped to the floor in a heap. She grabbed her weapon and marched out to the main hall. It was only a matter of time. There would be no more running.

Kairi glared at Kronos as he said his piece. The Asentari lamented Thassa's unwillingness to pack up and leave the town. Kairi nodded. "I guess she didn't want the Dying Suns' reputation to take any more hits. It wouldn't have looked good if she retreated from a major base in the face of an assault by two people." Kronos ordered the woman and the rest of the men to attack Siegfried, while he himself attacked Kairi.

Kairi braced herself against Kronos' charge stopping him in his tracks using a combination of her size, strength and technique, and possibly staggering him if he couldn't adapt in time. Kronos then made a flame whip from his blade, so Kairi decided to keep the battle at close-range, activating her Shield of Faith ability which would block the flame whip. She chanced a quick glance to Siegfried, looking just in time to see him smash the floor with a fist to send out a shock-wave. Kairi just got her shield up in time, but she was still knocked off her feet.

Rising from the deck quickly, Kairi saw Siegfried make short work of a number of soldiers, before being engaged by the woman again. Kairi shifted her sword into spear mode and set her sights on thinning the numbers in the fight. She shield-charged the nearest enemy, knocking him flying, before releasing the shield from her forearm and hurling it like a frisbee at another opponent, knocking him out. She raced towards her shield and swept her spear in a arc around her, cutting one man down and forcing the others back. She stamped her shield into the air and mounted it onto her forearm, before preparing for what was next.

Fayla watched with a grin as Vala played her part to perfection. She told the men she had been attacked and needed help, and they fell for it hook, line and sinker. The Eldari waited patiently, until Vala made her move. The Heanta broke the first man's arm and shoved him behind her, and he turned only to receive an arrow between the shoulder blades. Vala tore the next one to shreds and turned to face the others. Two made a run for the tunnel, and one dropped immediately. The other actually made it to the tunnel entrance, but he too dropped, courtesy of another arrow.

Meanwhile, Vala had taken down another foe with a sickening blow to the head, and another raised his sword behind her. Fayla nocked an arrow and leaped from the tree, landing and rolling to her feet. The man stopped and turned mid-swing, only to receive an arrow through the chest. The remaining three charged the two warriors, going for broke. Fayla dropped one with an arrow before charging in with her sword and sliding low under an attempted strike, cutting her foe across the gullet. Once Vala took down the last one, Fayla turned to her as she wiped blood from her blade, and chuckled. "Works every time. Although one guy made it in. So it won't be as easy from now on." Fayla sheathed her sword and looked around before turning back to Vala. "Shall we move?"
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:13 am

"Three elites and a small goon squad. Big difference. And not a major base." At least, he wouldn't consider it so, and that was all he mustered back before getting down to business. Thorne stopped him in his tracks, and likely used the same ability that protected her from that one fire lady's attack back at the camp, seeing as his fire whip bounced off. He still saw her make a quick glance, and he did the same. Great.

He moved the side, shield first and hopped, and allowed himself to be blown back into a backwards roll. That allowed him to recover pretty quickly, and sent his fire whip at her...only to divert it and deflect the shield before it knocked out a soldier. From his shield, he fired four serrated darts at her back, while walking towards her. "Your opponent is me, Thorne. If you don't focus on me, you'll lose your life..."

He gave her a malicious grin as the fire whip spun around and aimed to stab her in the face. If she was going to divert her attention...he was going to make her pay for it dearly. And any attempt to continue to strike at his men would result in yet another stab at her back with the whip.

Thankfully, the others that were left gave her room to allow Kronos to handle her. His bodyguard got blocked, and she backed off. But the other men were too slow to take advantage, and the Asentari did something. Mira, for her part, slammed her shield to the ground and activated its enchantment, a five by five, curved energy barrier appeared in front of her, protecting her. He slayed a couple of her comrades before she was in range again, this time aiming to smash his right elbow. Only to meet an electrified blade.

And for two electrified snakes to spew out of the mace and strike at Seig's head for twice the damage (weak x2). She ducked underneath, and slammed her mace at his knee again. He was just too huge not to go for the legs. Though she admitted, he was faster than she thought he would be. An archer fired an arrow at the man's eye, as two swordsman attacked from behind. A spearman was also at the ready, but waited for an opportunity where he wouldn't risk hitting his teammates.

~

Rex...didn't need to resort to mockery. A pretty boy wielding a large weapon was apparently a "come and get me" sign. All around were limbs and lost heads. A dozen people, easy. At the rate they were going, most to all of the general soldiery was going to die quickly.

They were a lot more wary of him now, not entirely sure how to approach him. Then came the clapping. Then came a little chat. One that he didn't especially like. He reacted quickly...he'd been trained by assassins for most of his eight or so years in the military...he knew this kind. Rex deflected the flurry by spinning his scythe, and even sidestepped and moved past the guy, aiming to cut off his foot, then head in one fell swoop.

But he doubted it would be that easy. Jumping back, he stabbed out with his scythe. If the man deflected it and closed in, Rex would detach the end piece of his weapon, and block whatever was coming. Then kick the guy back. The piece was connected by a chain. His scythe was more than just an enchantment, it had some neat physical tricks as well.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:17 pm

Bethany watched Rex fend off the assassin and scowled at the soldiers in her way. She tried running past them to attack the assassin from behind, but the bulk of soldiers moved with her, forcing her back with pointed swords and spears. They started to close in around her, cutting her off fully. She seen Rex spin his scythe, trying to lop off the mans foot and head, but the assassin dived forward and as he hit the ground, he spun and threw out a hand full of throwing knives at Rex. He dodged the stab and dashed to the left. Rex tried to Kick the man and he dashed again, appearing behind him. Swinging for his back, Bethany seen her oppertunity and unleashed her firebreath, engulfing everyone infront of her in a blast of expanding flames. She aimed it to catch the assassin in the flames, but miss Rex, who would atleast feel the heat off the flames. The Flames extended out to 35ft, expending to 15ft wide at the end of the blast. It instantly killed the soldiers infront of her and ignited the buildings in range.

While the remaining soldiers backed away, or ran screaming, she cut the rest down quickly. Free to move forward she dashed towards where the assassin was, but there was no sign of a corpse. She doubted he was dead. Looking at Rex she frowned. "I doubt we've seen the last of him. But while we've got the chance, we should think about linking up with Kairi and Sieg. They might need our help." She said.

A well placed arrow took out the guy infront of her, but Vala gave him a kick, just to knock him over and make sure he didn't find the strength to follow through with his blow. he landed on his back with a grunt, and she lept towards the last man, her feet hitting him centre mass. He started to topple backwards, and she dug a clawed hand into his throat, before pushing off and landing behind him with half his throat in his hand. She dropped the lump of flesh and cartillage in the grass and walked over to Fayla. "Well, its nothing we can't handle. Even if Thassa called back her forces from fighting the others, I doubt half of them would survive disengaging." Vala said. "So its just the men in tunnels between us and her. I think we've got this." She said with confindence. "Lets go." Vala nodded in agreement, pulling her own bow from her back and stringing it. She pulled three arrows free and held them with her fingers in her bow hand, then quickly knocked one, holding the bow ready but not drawn as she advanced.

An arrow wizzed out of the tunnel, and Vala ducked, firing her own back as she moved to the side. There was a grunt, followed by several more arrows that flew wide of the mark, and she dashed forward to the side of the entrance. With a quick careful glance around the corner she spotted a group of archers near the back of the tunnel behind low cover. Atleast five, all with bows. There was a sixth slumpted over the barrier.  She let Fayla take up position before she spoke. "Seems like someone let their bowstring go prematurely. I'm guessing they intended to try pepper us as we closed on the entrance." Vala said. "Get ready, I have a plan." Vala said. She stepped out, activating the deflect ability on her Drakna. Another barrage of arrows were launched, and bounced off the shield harmlessly. She fired back three of her own arrows in the same time, taking down two of the men, and hoped Fayla followed suit, and the remaining archers didn't get a second volley off.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Sieg grimaced, as he saw the snakes appear from Mira. He did manage to dodge them, if only barely. Only to take a mace to the knee. Sieg gritted his teeth, before activating his Schwarze Skalen. This hardened his skin, turning it almost black in the process (+1 to durability). In the process of this, Sieg managed to see the man fire an arrow at him. He tilted his head, and arrowhead scratched past his cheek. It left a small cut, and Sieg glared at the man, until two blades bounced off his back, much to the same effect.

Sieg kept one hand on Balmung, tightened up his hand into a fist, and swung as hard as he could at the nearest sword wielder. His Divinium gauntlet caught the man, square in the jaw, breaking it. The force also snapped the mans head a strange angle, most likely breaking his neck. Sieg then summoned his Blitzkugel. Four small, but fast, blasts of lightning surged from him, attacking the man with the spear, keeping him at bay. The bolts were fast, but weak. He then turned his attention to the second swordsman, and knocked the sword out of his hands, before picking him up by his neck, and finally throwing it a Mira. As the man flew forwards, Sieg breathed in, and unleashed his Dragon's Breath, which was lightning, at the woman. He would then settle in, trying his best to keep eyes on both Mira, and the others who were around him.
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:49 pm

Kairi saw her shield get knocked from its trajectory by Kronos' fire whip. She turned to see Kronos fire a quad of darts at her. She parried the darts with her spear, with one grazing her arm. Kronos moved towards her, grinning evilly. Troops moved back a bit to give Kronos room to fight. The whip went for Kairi's face, and she moved her head to the side and she rolled towards her shield. She picked it up in time to block the whip that aimed for her back.

Advancing with her shield up, Kairi activated her Wall of Swords ability. Ten swords made of light appeared, forming a field 10 ft wide and 10 ft high. The wall then sped towards Kronos, with each sword dealing very weak damage. Using the distraction, Kairi followed the wall in and peppered Kronos with a flurry of spear thrusts, each aiming for knee and elbow joints.

Fayla was just about to follow Vala when an arrow emerged from the tunnel. Vala returned fire before ducking to the side of the tunnel mouth. Vala informed her of what she had seen, and Fayla nodded. "Amateurs." Vala told her that she had a plan, and as the Heanta stepped out Fayla knew exactly what the plan was. The Eldari drew a trio of arrows and moved out too, making sure that Vala was directly between her and the archers. The volley came, and the arrows pinged off of Vala's shield. The pair reacted perfectly in sync, with Fayla peeling away and loosing her arrows at the same time as Vala.

The archers dropped and Fayla crept over to check on them. Using the low cover as a regrouping point, she glanced down the tunnel as she holstered her bow and drew her sword.The tunnel was dimly lit, and wasn't particularly wide. Fayla glanced at Vala. "By the look of it, space is gonna be an issue." She grinned mischievously at her Heanta companion. "I guess it's a good thing we've got a punch machine to lead on, right?" She punched Vala on the arm before returning to her serious demeanor. "Alright, Thassa isn't gonna kill herself. Probably. That would be a bit disappointing actually. Let's go." Fayla took up position behind Vala as they proceeded further into the tunnel.
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Rex had ducked and weaved through the daggers and continued with his attack, only for the guy to dodge and aim for his back. He moved his scythe back, to protect it while moving forward, only to feel heat. Beth. And she cut down what was left as he spun to face where the guy was. Rex nodded at Beth. "Sure...that guy may have some skills, but I've faced scarier opponents...they make him look like a kelit puppy." Mostly spars, but still, any of the upper echelon of the Oculi were far superior to that guy...

~

Kronos got first blood on her, but it didn't last. A wall of swords...only one thing that he can think of on that. His throat glowed orange as he reared back and spewed orange flames at her, his dragon's breath. Sure, he might have started a few fires himself with it, but it broke through the wall of swords and either forced her to attempt to dodge it, get burned, or use magic to block or mitigate damage. Perhaps even stop her plans.

The fire whip came in low from her spear hand side, aiming for the side. He closed in, shield first, to slash at her with Carnation, his cutlass.

~

One down, the spearman blocked the lightning blasts, but sent him back twenty-eight feet in a backwards roll, forcing him to run towards the man again, but position himself at a flank. Mira ducked beneath the thrown man, and charged mace first. It extended six inches, and a type of lightning shield appeared. The second and last enchantment that was done on it. It blocked the lightning breath, but not easily. The spearman stabbed at Sieg's back, and the archer aimed for the eyes with two bolts. A second archer with a flaming arrow aimed for the hip.

Mira charged again, aiming for the gut and midriff. She was not going to let Kronos down!
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:55 pm

"Whether you've faught scarier people or not," Bethany said as she deflected an incoming blade, before knocking the mans arm up and driving her gladius through his armpit, bypassing the light cuirass he wore. "He is actively trying to kill you. Us. Don't underestimate him." She pulled the blade free and continued down the street. She could hear the sounds of fighting, and indeed as she rounded the corner, she spotted Kairi and Siegfried fighting Kronos and his lackeys.

Bethany rushed in and tackled the spearman at Siegfried's back, colliding with him at high speeds. She drove Asi through his gut and threw her gladius at the archer with the fire arrows, nailing him in the throat. "I've got your flank Sieg! Break that bitch in half!" She kicked off the the spearman, ripping her blade free and moved to attack the second archer, when she was hit from the side with a crossbow bolt that pierced through the flesh of her arm, dragonskin or no. She spun and launched a ball of fire at the attacker, to find it was the assassin from before, stationed up on the roof. He deftly dodged her fireball and reloaded the weapon, before firing another bolt at Rex.

Several more soldiers poured from the buildings, reinforcing Kronos and his diminishing group at word of the assassin before he again vanished from the roof. He was getting annoying. Several of fresh soldiers rushed Rex, keeping him away from Kronos, and the others tried to get to Sieg and Kairi. Bethany snapped the bolt, ripped it from her arm and intercepted them. Bolt still in hand, she deftly dodged the first soldiers swing, and drove the bolt through his eye. He raised his hands to his face, screaming, and she kicked him into his friends, before snatching up his fallen sword into her free hand.

Vala threw a few mock punches at the air. "I feel sorry for anyone who tries to fight me in here." She said, as she removed her quiver, and handed it and her bow to Fayla. "Hold onto that for me. It would be unfortuneate if it snagged on something and I end up on my face." She said with a grim smile. She dashed towards the end of the hall, light feet making almost no noise. She peared around the end of the tunnel, spotting several soldiers as they shuffled down it.

Vala nodded to Fayla, before dashing out. The first one seen her to let, and her fist collided with his skull before he could even reach for his sword. He toppled to the side and she jumped to the opposite side of the small tunnel as the soldier behind the fallen man tried to thrust his sword forward. She kicked the weapon into the wall, and her hand lashed out, ripping the soldiers throat out. He fell back gargling and she used him as a stepping stone to leap on the man behind. She brutalised his face with several rapid blows. The other soldiers began to retreat, and Vala kicked off, dropping low. Leaving them free to be riddled Fayla and her bow as they ran.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:36 pm

Siegfried sighed, as the woman blocked his Elemental Breath. As she came at him, he heard the spearman get hit from behind him. He then saw a sword go into an archer, and he heard Mercy from behind him. "Took you long enough." He said, smiling. as Mira started to try to hit him. He blocked the strikes from the mace, before pushing the offensive. He aimed to hit Mira's vital areas, like the neck, and heart. As he did, he growled to Mercy, in their native language, "I won't be able to keep this up, Mercy. I've wasted to much energy on these idiots. Help me kill this one as soon as you can." Even now, it was becoming obvious Sieg's swings were getting slower. As if he had exhausted his power.
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:00 pm

Kairi watched Kronos utilize his breath attack, a fire-based one at that. The fire broke through the center of the swords, but Kairi didn't have time to see how he dodged the rest of them. She rolled to the side to avoid the blast, stamping out the end of her cloak as it smoldered. When she reacquired Kronos, she noticed that two of the men that had been standing behind him were slumped against the wall, obviously having been struck by the remaining swords.

Kronos' follow-up was quick, coming at her spear side with the flaming whip. She spun and blocked the whip with her shield, continuing her rotation as she noticed Kronos following the whip in, and shifted her spear into sword mode. She returned to her original orientation as the strike came in and she blocked it with her sword, catching the man's cutlass on the guard of it as she braced her shield behind her sword to prevent a follow-through. She looked directly into his eyes, and her own eyes glowed for a split-second before a bright flash erupted from them, blurring his vision for a post if he didn't turn away or bring his shield up in time.

If Kronos did look away or get his shield up, Kairi used the opportunity to rapidly try and sweep his legs out from underneath him. If he got blurred by it, Kairi would simply swing her shield full force at the man, which would cause blunt damage if it wasn't blocked, but knock him back a fair distance either way unless he could somehow brace himself or anchor himself to the ground. Kairi stole a quick glance to the side when she heard a familiar voice, and spotted Bethany helping Siegfried. Kairi smiled, knowing that she could now focus on Kronos with less distractions. She barked at him. "If you were so keen to up and leave, I suggest you do so now, while you can still leave under your own power." She put her shield up as she awaited a response, either verbal or physical.

Fayla nodded and smiled evilly when Vala gave her the bow and arrows, and she spoke with a heavily sarcastic tone. "Yeah, we wouldn't want that." She shouldered the quiver and stowed her own bow on her back. She withdrew four arrows and held three of them in her bow hand, nocking the last one. "Alright, let's go."

Fayla and Vala progressed down the tunnel swiftly, before the Heanta signaled the Eldari to stop. Vala peered around the corner, and then nodded to Fayla. The two dashed around the corner, with Vala taking out three soldiers in quick succession. Fayla followed suit as Vala ducked to the floor, tagging the three that were out of the range of Vala with arrows, using the superior speed of Vala's bow to great effect. She nocked the last arrow and scanned the tunnel. No more for now. She drew three more arrows and held them ready, nodding to Vala.

The two prodigies moved further down the tunnel, stopping before a door. Fayla dropped down prone and peered through the gap between the floor and the door. She raised two fingers to indicate that she could see two pairs of feet, one on each side of the door. Fayla pointed to it as she moved to one side, and gestured to Vala to smash it open on her command, while Fayla moved to one side. She breathed a query to Vala in Eldari. "Ready?" When she gave the word, Fayla would follow up Vala's door-knock with a quick arrow to anybody on the other side.
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:10 pm

She braced her sword to keep from being overpowered. No matter. He'll trip her up. Only to be blinded by her own eyes. Kronos put up his shield to block the hit, but it sent him rolling backwards, back into a standing position, though sliding. Stabbing his sword into the ground, he slowed himself down to a stop. It was only a few seconds, but his vision returned to him. And noticed that the Asentari was getting help from the fire lady. He looked around to see Rex behead two more at once and go into blocking a bolt.

He stared at Kairi. "Even traitors like me have a moral code. This is a one on one match. I expect your people to not interfere. I have a life debt to Thassa. Either she dies before our match is settled...or one of us concedes. I lose, my fate is yours and yours alone. I win...well, I'm gonna kill ya. Plain and simple. But I won't back down." He spoke loud enough for everyone to hear. He knew Rex wouldn't let anyone interfere without him getting involved. Pointing his shield at her, Kronos let loose four more serrated blades. He also detached a fire bomb, and kicked it at her, for it to explode in a ten feet radius.

He charged back in again with a flurry of strikes.

Rex for his part stayed out of it, going after the assassin. Only to be blocked by several soldiers rushing him. His large weapon separated into several sections and spun it around, killing several in one swoop, and many more around him. Once it reconnected, there wasn't much that had a head left around him. He lost track of the damn assassin, but he'd make another appearance again.

Mira herself was losing ground. In a one on one, she was being knocked around by Sieg's assault. While she'd avoided anything major, she was still getting cut up, her armor busted. Even with the slowed down swings, she wasn't faring any better than he was. This fight was drawing to a close.
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:06 pm

Bethany listened to Sieg's request, and nodded. She spun and threw out four balls of fire that exploded in a small area, blasting and igniting the soldiers around them, then she quickly turned to sieg. "Duck!" She shouted, and assuming he did she would vault over him and come flying down on the woman with the mace, Asi streaking through the air as it came down cutting for her shoulder and neck. Bethany ducked to the side and let Sieg throw a swing of his own, and slashed at the woman's leg.

Bethany moved around her, when she noticed a blur out of the corner of her eye, and the bloody assassin almost slammed into her. But she was ready for him, and dropped backwards away from him, and drove a foot up. The assassin was launched over her where he hit the ground and rolled into a recovery of his own, right into the reach of Rex's Scythe. She smiled at him.

Vala and fayla moved on and found a heavy wooden door. Fayla gestured for Vala to do what she did best, and the Heanta nodded. She stepped back from the door silently as Fayla got into position, her limbs beginning to glow with purple energy. The heanta stepped forward into a bone shattering punch as she shouted, "Knock Knock!" all of the energy coursing through her body travelling to her hand as it impacted against the wood. The force of the blow shook the wood, but the explosion that followed shattered the door completely, flattening the soldiers behind. The closest one was killed by the impact, but the second tried to rise and was met with an arrow between the eyes.

Vala stepped into the room ahead of Fayla, checking the coast was clear. A soldier jumped her from the side sword swinging, but she blocked the blade with the back of her forearm near the pommel, neutralising the swing for the most part. It still cut her slightly, but not enough to cause her any pain, as she raised her other hand and smashed the back of her Drak'na across his face. She knocked the sword from his hand and pushed him behind her, where Fayla would be waiting to meet him.

Stepping into the large cavernous room she had a look around her and smiled slightly as she spotted Thassa sitting on her throne. It was not a freindly smile. "Well well, you were way easier to find than we expected. You're practically out in the open. So keen to die?" Vala asked her, even as twenty armed men and women drew their weapons and moved between them and Thassa.
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by GRYMM Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:40 pm

Sieg kept swinging his sword, noticing that some of his attacks were getting through. Nothing major, but it meant that the woman wasn't able to keep this up for much longer. He then heard Mercy's command, and immediately ducked down, enough for her to leap over him. He watched her attack, and when she moved to the side, he attacked as well, bringing Balmung up, in an upwards slash. Hmmm. We seem to make a pretty good team, so far. He thought. As he settled back in, he noticed a blur moving towards Mercy. before he could get a word out, it had already reached her, and she threw the thing, which Sieg realized was a man, towards Rex. Sieg took up a defensive posture. Even if he was tired, he still wasn't going to let his guard down.
GRYMM
GRYMM
Adept
Adept

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:34 pm

Kairi shook her head as Kronos prepared to continue the fight. He glanced to the side for a split-second to see Rex entering the fray. Kronos spoke, and she knew grim determination when she heard it. A sad expression crossed her face. "Well then, I'm sorry you won't see reason. I respect your loyalty to your commander, but I must get past you to help my friends. If that means I have to stop you, then so be it."

Kronos fired another quad of darts from his shield, which she blocked with her own shield. He then hurled some sort of projectile at her, which she instinctively batted back at him with her shield. She activated her Total Defense, increasing her Agility greatly as Kronos came at her with some more strikes. She parried his blows with her sword, before suddenly interjecting with a her shield, attempting to smash the man's jaw with a punching motion. She followed up with a salvo of her own, with her enhanced Agility allowing her to vary the angle of her attacks far more freely.

Fayla followed Vala in, piercing the skull of the man who had survived Vala's knock. The Heanta blocked a swing from a man that came at her from the side, before swinging him behind for Fayla to finish. She did so swiftly, ramming an arrow she had drawn between his eyes, before swiftly nocking it and firing it into the chest of another who emerged from another doorway.

Thassa stared down at the two interlopers as Vala shouted her insult and threat combo at her. The Mercenary leader looked demented, with her unkempt hair and sleep-deprived eyes only contributing to her unhinged appearance. She stood from her throne as twenty or so of her soldiers poured into the room, blocking Fayla and Vala's advance. Fayla unfastened Vala's quiver from her back and tossed it beside the door they had come through, along with the bow itself. Fayla turned to Vala and smiled apologetically. "Sorry but I can't be carrying your crap all day. Especially as we're getting to the good part now."

"ENOUGH!" Fayla's gaze returned immediately to Thassa as the mercenary's voice boomed around the room. "I've been plagued by you insolent runts for far too long. I underestimated you both the first time we met, but thanks to you and your friends outside, I now have a chance to correct that mistake." Thassa gestured at the interlopers and gave a single command. "KILL THEM!"

Fayla drew her sword and set herself as the attack came. She ducked the first swipe and sliced the man's legs clean from the thighs before delivering a stab to the prone foe. The next attack almost caught her, but she rolled to the side and blocked blows from two others. She decapitated one before parrying another blow and running the man through the gut. She charged with the man on the end of her sword, using him as a shield as she used her blade that was protruding from the back of her human shield to stab another man in the chest. She freed her blade, which was now dripping in blood, and eyed the next enemy eagerly.
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next