Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» The Reluctant Warrior (Open)
by Jun Today at 4:44 am

» Tohma's mount Tscuchigumo
by Jun Today at 3:30 am

» Caelum of the Skygaurd(orgoth, R-1 rank up)
by Zenke Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» A Prince's Secret (open?)
by Orgoth Tue May 14, 2024 2:09 am

» Ghosts of the Past - Aftermath
by Orgoth Mon May 06, 2024 12:29 am

» Gohan Maedar Skill Sheet
by Orgoth Sun May 05, 2024 3:16 am

» Gohan Maedar
by Jun Sat May 04, 2024 2:12 am

» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

Affiliates

A Verdant Reunion (Zenke)

2 posters

Go down

A Verdant Reunion (Zenke) Empty A Verdant Reunion (Zenke)

Post by Orgoth Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:24 am

It was a fine day. That's all there was to it. A woman in a flowing white cloak sat at a table in front of a small food outlet on the edge of the Amaranth Square, a famous location for the arts. She was sipping tea as she watched the workers assemble the stalls and stages for the art exhibition that would be happening soon. Kairi Thorne knew a fine day needed to be exploited, so she had bid goodbye to her uncle at his home in the residential district and headed to the square for a short relaxation period, at least before she had to return to Sunshield Hold. A gentle breeze fluttered through her cloak as the first exhibits began to emerge into view. Paintings and sculptures of various sizes, shapes and colors began to fill the square, and the crowd was growing larger by the minute.

Kairi soon found herself exploring the area once the assembling was complete. The paintings were both extravagant and varied, and Kairi found herself getting lost in some of them. She eventually found her way to one particular painting that her uncle had recommended to her when she got to the exhibition. It was done by a renowned artist in the city, Olivia Bennett. She had moved to the city from the capital some years ago, and had established a reputation very quickly for her vivid imagery and creative techniques. Kairi squinted at the painting, trying to visualize the process that went into it. She gave up quickly though, as the work was simply too advanced for her. She instead chose to appreciate it as it was, a masterful painting by a masterful artist. The image was of the Verdant Plains at sunset, with Verdant Stallions populating the area. The detail on the horses in particular was second to none. Her thoughts got lost in the sunset and she was soon staring absently at it as her imagination took her into the painting.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Miral Nerys and Inara R-1 Eldross
Yavanna Elbereth E-1 Eldari
Armagand Kor A-5 Asentari
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Kanetsugu Nakamura A-5 Kijin
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Experience : 1808

Resources
Resources: 31640

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Verdant Reunion (Zenke) Empty Re: A Verdant Reunion (Zenke)

Post by Zenke Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:48 am

The sun hung high over Mith Verdanus, casting radiant heat down into the city. It was a pleasent warmth for the time of year, not scorchingly hot. The breeze was light, carrying a small chill across Lilian's bare shoulders. Brown hair cascaded down around the 5'8" girls neck and shoulders, and her blue eyes glinted in the sun. Her skin was a radiant golden, sun kissed and smooth, except where the scar tissue met the metal of left arm. Her loose white top was sinched at the waist and she wore a long black skirt and sturdy leather boots. Regardless of her garb, good boots couldn't be beaten.

Lilian was wondering through the Amaranth Square, admiring the paintings on display. Olivia had invited her to the exebition, and Lilian had made sure she got the time off duty for the trip. Her cousin was over talking techniques with several fellow artists, and Lilian had wondered away shortly after to explore.  More than a few people stopped to admire Lilian's arm, the intricate design art all of its own. Liliian met their gazes with a soft smile, and continued. She looked at the images as she wondered close to her cousin's stalls, and as she got closer she notice a woman standing there, admiring the sunset over the verdant plains. Lilian started to turn away to inform Olivia of a potential customer when she recognized the woman as Kairi, and instead  Lilian walked over, a bright smile on her face.

"Kairi!" Lilian said waving as she approached. "Its good to see you!" Lilian said without an ounce of hesitation. "Its been too long, how have you been?" She asked the woman, hoping that she hadn't forgotten Lilian.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Octavia Velerius A-5 Asentari
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Umbra Moonfall A-5 Heanta
Koranna "Kora" Merciallus A-5 Asentari
Gwyneth "Gwyn" Ferrum Aurora A-5 Human
Mist, The Explosive Assassin A-5 Half-Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Experience : 2057

Resources
Resources: 26880

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:03 am

Kairi was sailing over the plains and towards the sunset, when she was stirred from her reverie by a familiar voice. She turned to see Lilian Toral approaching her with a friendly wave. Kairi beamed at her. She had not seen the young girl in at least a couple of years. They had met then in the very city they were meeting now, and Lilian definitely had changed in the time since. Back then, the young Toral girl was despondent and miserable, having been released from active service with the Knights of Mondolin due to a severe injury she had sustained out in the field. Kairi had met the girl by chance, and they spoke at length about the future. Kairi had managed to convince her that she could still contribute, even if she had to make a new path. Lilian had thanked her and left, and the girl stood in front of Kairi was confident, happy and, most strikingly, no longer devoid of her left arm.

"Lilian? I don't believe it." Kairi embraced Lilian in a warm hug before appraising the girl's appearance. "Wow, it's been what, 2 years? How are you? You look amazing." Kairi's gaze fixed on the new appendage that took the place of Lilian's lost left arm. "Where did you get this? It's truly remarkable." Kairi eyed it in admiration. The arm was truly a marvel of engineering.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Kairi hugged Lilian and the girl hugged back, overjoyed by the reunion. Though she'd only met Kairi once, she had hoped to meet her again, though she'd been so busy for the last two years she'd barely had a moment to herself. "I'm great, better than great really." She told Kairi, who stepped back to look her over and admire her arm. Lilian flexed the hand and smiled. "You are looking at the third iteration of the world's first enchanted limb, designed, built and enchanted by my brother Lucas and myself. I did the enchantment." She said with a smile. "It came to me when you told me to make my own oppertunities, though I doubt you meant for me to literally make an arm, but still. Your words helped me more than you may ever realise." Lilian said. "I returned to my position in the knights thanks to this."

"She's a full knight of mondolin now." Her cousin Olivia suddenly said, having wondered over to her stalls. "Olivia, this is Kairi Thorne." She said, and Olivia gave Kairi a smile. "Oh so its you we have to thank for restoring Lilian's faith in herself, and saving my mother from dealing with two stroppy teens." She said smiling. "I was not stroppy." Lilian said, pouting. "Fine, fine." Olivia said. "Regardless, on behalf of the Family I thank you." Olivia said, picking up the painting Kairi had been admiring. "I want you to have this. I can tell it speaks to you."

Olivia handed the painting to Kairi, not taking no for an answer, before bidding them both fairwell and strolling off to meet talk to a potential Patrol. Lilian smiled after her cousin before turning to Kairi. "Would you like to go get a coffee?" Lilian asked her.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:00 pm

Kairi listened intently as Lilian explained what had happened and how she got the arm. Kairi's jaw dropped in shock when she mentioned that her brother had constructed the arm and Lilian herself had enchanted it. "Wait, isn't your brother younger than you? That's incredible." Kairi observed the joints and movement as Lilian flexed her hand while she spoke. She explained why she came to the decision to make a new arm. Kairi was taken aback a little, but she understood quickly how her words had been interpreted at their last meeting. She smiled again.

"I see. Well, it definitely is a way to create a new opportunity. Good point." Lilian mentioned that she had been reinstated to active duty with the Knights of Mondolin. Kairi put her hand on Lilian's right shoulder and grinned. "Ah, congratulations Lilian. You deserve it." They were soon joined by Olivia Bennett, the author of the painting Kairi had been admiring. She introduced Kairi to her, and Olivia thanked her on behalf of her family for helping Lilian. She then took the painting from its mount and gave it to Kairi, to which Kairi became suddenly flustered. "Really? I mean, I'm honored but... thank you."

Olivia then excused herself, and Lilian suggested getting coffee somewhere. Kairi nodded and gestured to a cafe that overlooked the square. "I'd love to." They entered the cafe and Kairi paid for whatever Lilian ordered, along with a chamomile tea for herself. They were lucky enough to get a seat on the balcony, where they could see the square in all its colorful beauty. Kairi regarded Lilian fondly. "So, how are you related to Olivia?" She took a sip of tea. "And what else have you been doing since I saw you last? Knight-work must be keeping you very busy I'd imagine."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:21 pm

Lilian ordered a coffee and sat across from Kairi in the balcony. Kairi asked her how she was related to Olivia, and she began to explain. "Olivia's one of my many cousins. We're pretty close in age so we grew up together in mith verdanus before she moved here. After my mother died, we grew close. I spent allot of time with her and Aunt Isabelle. As much as I love my father he wasn't always able to help me the way they could."

Kairi then asked her what she was doing lately, to which she replied, "I've spent allot of time training. My blademaster insists I need to get better with a sword, because crossbows won't always do the job or stop a blade. I like to point out I have a metal arm that can turn away divinium weapons, but he usually reminds me that my lack of skill with a blade probably cost me that arm. I'm also trying to decide what squad I want to Join. My speed would suit the intelligence corp, but my mother was Offense corp and I joined to follow in her footsteps." Lilian spoke enthusiastically, and also very quickly.

When she finished, she frowned and looked at Kairi. "Sorry I'm rattling on so much. I do forget, I never really asked you about yourself before. How did you end up with the order of the sun? What have you been up to lately? Any adventures, drama, excitement?! Love?" She asked the last one with a wink and a cheeky smile.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:35 pm

Kairi listened earnestly as Lilian explained that Olivia was one of her cousins. She went on to explain how she grew up very close to her aunt and cousin after Lilian's mother passed, due to the fact that her father wasn't able to help as much as he wanted to. Kairi nodded in understanding. "I see. Well it's good that you could get that support somewhere. Your father was probably trying to get himself through it as well, while looking after you and your brother. It couldn't have been easy for any of you."

When Kairi asked about what Lilian had been doing with herself since they last spoke, the younger woman launched into a stream of information. She mentioned that she had been advised to take more sword training to complement her crossbow skill. Lilian mentioned her arm as a defensive option, but Kairi more or less agreed with the blade-master. "He does kind of have a point. You'll have no problem turning a blade away, as you say, but it might be beneficial to be able to follow it up with something, once you've got the opportunity." Kairi took another sip of tea. "I'm at your disposal if I'm in the neighborhood and you want a bit of extra training or even just a sparring partner."

Lilian frowned a bit and apologized for rambling. Kairi smiled and shook her head. "You don't need to apologize. I'm just glad you're happy and doing well." Lilian then asked about Kairi, and they were questions she pretty much expected. Kairi smiled. "Well, that's a story in itself, I suppose. I was rescued when I was 19 from a slave camp just outside Karem. The people who raided the camp were from the Order, and they brought me and the other slaves to Sunshield Hold, where we were fed and looked after until we were well enough to travel."

Kairi took another sip of tea before continuing, her expression turning pensive, as if considering how far to go with her story. "Most of them went back to Mondolin, but I had no family to return though, so I was allowed to stay at the Hold. The woman who led the party that rescued us took me in and let me live in her house. She treated me as a daughter and helped me adjust." Kairi seemed to make a decision in her head. That would do for now. If Lilian asked, Kairi would explain more about her past, but for now she decided that what she said already would suffice. She turned her attention to the other queries, namely about recent adventures and a cheeky inquest about her love life. Kairi brightened considerably.

"I've been a bit too busy for love I'm afraid. I guess you could say I love my work too much." Kairi chuckled and gazed out over the balcony at the exhibition. The auction had happened and the square was mostly cleared. She ran a hand through her black hair as a soft and pleasant breeze passed by them. "I've actually been mostly training as well. I've had a few run-ins with the mercenary groups down in the Free Lands. Mostly Dying Suns. I've made a few friends down there too though, and we recently took down a major player for the Suns, Thassa Blackheart. I was part of a group, and an eclectic one at that. I was the only Human. There was even an Eldari and a Heanta working together. They were actually best friends. It was remarkable." Kairi stopped and took another sip of tea, regarding Lilian with a polite smile.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:11 pm

Lilian listened to Kairi's story quietly and started to regret asking. Not because she didn't want to hear it, but because she felt bad about making Kairi think back on a horrible time. Kairi fell silent, and Lilian decided to leave the questions about her past for now. She didn't want to think about the things this woman had had to endure, if only to stop herself from running off to Karem to burn the whole city down in a rage. "I'm sorry." She said, and let Kairi move on to something more exciting.

Kairi's response to Lilian's question about her love life was brief, and Lilian smiled. "You know, that's exactly what my mother used to say, until she met my father. You always make time when the right person comes along." She said. Kairi then told her about how she'd taken on a mercenary group with a bunch of misfits including a heanta and eldari who were best freinds. Lilian gave her a skeptical look. "An Eldari and Heanta? That seems about as likely as me falling in love with an Asentari.. Are you sure the heanta was really a heanta?" She asked. "Cause the last one I met tried to carve me up for lunch." She said.

Lilian let her answer before continuing on down a new path. "Also, in response to your offer earlier, I might actually get the chance to take you up on it. I'm heading out in a few days time to visit Zadartis on official unofficial business. When I'm done I've been given some time off, to do with as I please. I figure, I might head over to the Order of the Sun headquarters, to see if I can help out while i'm there. My blademaster suggested it, to get a bit more experience in the field, but it would be nice to see how the order's run. If you think I wouldn't be in the way.."

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:36 pm

Kairi smiled and shook her head when Lilian apologized for asking about her past. "No, please. You don't need to apologize. You weren't to know." Still, Kairi would not volunteer any more information on that subject. Lilian quoted her mother in response to Kairi's appraisal of her love life. She smiled again, partially to herself. "Maybe. It's a big world after all. Maybe someday." Then Lilian expressed surprise at the prospect of an Eldari and Heanta working together. The bad blood between the two eldest races in Asmir Ka'Lesa was well known to everyone, so the young lady's astonishment was understandable. "Right? I couldn't believe it myself. Fayla Shor and Vala of the Hornless Clan. Their teamwork was extraordinary. It was refreshing to see actually."

Lilian then mentioned Kairi's offer to train from earlier on. She said she had a mission in Zadartis soon, and she had some downtime afterwards that she wanted to spend in Sunshield Hold. Kairi's eye's lit up at the prospect, and she beamed. "Of course! You'd definitely be welcome. You won't be in the way at all. You might even be able to teach some of the young folks how to use a crossbow properly. I certainly can't." Their conversation was interrupted by a female voice from behind them. "A-ha. I was hoping I'd find you up here."
A Verdant Reunion (Zenke) Saheel11
A lady approached them, and Kairi could see another familial resemblance between Lilian and the newcomer. The lady winked at Lilian before turning to Kairi and smiling warmly. "Ah, you must be Kairi Thorne. I've heard so much about you from Lili. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Isabelle, Lili's aunt." Isabelle offered a polite handshake as Kairi rose to her feet, smiling warmly in return. "The pleasure is all mine." Isabelle's turned back to Lilian. "Sorry to interrupt you girls, but I just wanted to ask if you were staying for dinner, Lili?" She turned back to Kairi again. "You're welcome to come too Kairi, if you like?"

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:15 pm

Lilian nodded. "Yeah I bet so." She said in agreement. Kairi mentioned that she might be able to help train some new recruits with a crossbow. "Yeah, I'd be happy too. What kind of crossbows do you have to work with? The majority in circulation are crank loaded, but maybe I can work out a deal with Papa if your looking for better gear. Of course We can't supply a large shipment because they take a long time to make, but even ten repeaters might give your patrols an edge against bandits or Asentari." She said, and then stopped herself. "Sorry, I get carried away when it comes to crossbows. Still, I don't mind giving a basic training course. If it helps protect the freelands, i'll be glad too."

The conversation lulled slightly, and Lilian sipped at her coffee when she heard the familiar voice of her aunt behind her. She turned and looked up, a smile spreading across her face as her aunt came over to inquire about dinner, after briefly introducing herself to Kairi. Lilian nodded. "Of course Aunt Izzi." Lilian replied. She looked at kairi, an almost puppy like quality to her eyes as she said, "You should definitely come Kairi, I'm sure Izzi is a fantastic cook. She's also one of the top mason's in the city."

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:17 pm

Kairi saw Lilian's eyes light up again when she mentioned training some recruits in the art of the crossbow. She asked Kairi about the type of equipment the Order had to hand. "A lot of our equipment is war surplus from the Knights of Mondolin. We have our own blacksmiths of course, but they only have a small facility to work with so they are unable to produce large amounts of equipment for everyone. That, and the Order delegates a large portion of its resources to relief and accommodating rescued slaves and refugees." When Isabelle made the offer of dinner, coupled with a show of adorable begging from Lilian, Kairi smiled warmly and nodded. "I would be honored, thank you."

Soon after, they arrived at Isabelle's house, a beautiful two-story affair overlooking the bend in the river Undine as it passed through the city. A gondola port sat on the river nearby, but things were quiet as it was getting late. Isabelle opened the door and Kairi followed after Lilian. She turned to Lilian and smiled. "Liv will be back soon, but Ty is still working with your father and brother in his shop. I keep telling him he needs to take a break, but he loves his work too much." She turned to Kairi and offered to take her cloak. "Make yourselves at home girls, I'll get started on dishing up and I'll give you a shout when it's ready." Kairi removed her white cloak and handed it to Isabelle with a nod of gratitude, before removing her sword and scabbard from her belt and leaving it by the door. She followed Isabelle's directions into the living room, where she took a seat on the plush couch opposite the fireplace, and waited for Lilian.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:43 pm

Lilian nodded as Kairi explained the weapon situation for the Order of the Sun. "Maybe I can help out in more ways than one when I'm down there. Enchant a few blades and shields to last longer, or make some enchanted steel for your blacksmiths." Lilian said. "I don't mind doing it for free either, if sharing my talents will keep people alive." She said. After that Izzi brought them back to the house, and took Kairi's cloak, directing her into the sitting room. Lilian popped off her boots and before going into the sitting room. She flopped onto the sofa, curling up her legs and wrapping her arms around them. Sinking into the sofa she let out a content sigh. "I forget what comfy sofas feel like." She said, thinking about the old sofa her father refused to replace, nevermind the barracks seating.

"After dinner we should go over to Verdanus Castle. I don't know if you've ever been there, but the view from the north tower is amazing. Especially at night. Also they have a sparring ring, if your interested in giving me a few pointers." She said. Though she wasn't to pushed on that idea right then. Then, with nothing better to talk about, she started to tell Kairi a story from her time here. "I was stationed here for a few months once, just before my sixteenth birthday. There was this squire, Melodia. Used to be one of the worst fighters around. I got put up againsts her allot,  because of my average sword skills. She was brave, loyal and very dedicated, but she seemed to lack confidence in herself. One day poor Melodia tripped and lost grip of her training sword, and it hit another boy in the arm. Didn't hurt him or anything, but that boy, spoiled brat named Arictus Kire, was one of the best young squires around, and he didn't take to kindly to it. He challenged Melodia to a formal dual, knowing well she was no match for him." Lilian said.

She smiled, remembering. "By the time this happened, we were pretty close," She said with an unconscious blush, "so of course I tried to convince her to let me champion for her, but she was having none of it. I worried she would get hurt, so I snuck into the training ring the night before the duel, and enchanted her weapon. It was nothing fantastic, actually just a simple enchantment that helped her react faster. She beat him because of it, but honestly she did most of the work. The extra boost in confidence was all she needed."

Lilian paused for a second, remembering the story. "Arictus couldn't stand the fact that he'd been beaten by her. He started to bully her, him and his goons. Called her names, pushed her, threatened her. I caught him one day, and he tried to include me in his bullying. I kicked the snot out of him, there's a reason I became a knight at 19," She laughed, "but that made it worse for Melodia. They ambushed her and beat her with training swords in retaliation. When she told everyone what had happened, he denied it and she was forced to challenge him again because of the accusation. She didn't have an enchanted blade behind her this time, but she didn't know about that to begin with. She didn't need it though, she beat him without it. He lost it after that, drew his sword and cut off her hand." Lilian said, waving her wrist around.

"He went for the head next, but I was fast enough to catch his wrist with one of my powers and shock him till he dropped it. That was one of the only days I every truely remember losing my cool, the Blademaster had to drag me off him." Lilian said quietly. "Arictus spent 3 years in prison and was sent to serve in the northern border patrol when he was released. He later fled and hasn't been seen since. Melodia is one of the most prominent young squires serving in Mith Verdanus. She had her hand reattached fortunately. She's also my best friend, even if we don't get to see each other much anymore." Lilian finished. "We might meet her if we do visit the castle."

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:56 pm

Kairi smiled as Lilian removed her boots and sat down, clearly enjoying the comfort. She had mentioned an offer to enchant some equipment for the Order, to help the stuff last longer. Kairi nodded thoughtfully. "You'd do that? We would be immensely grateful." Kairi gazed inwardly. "We have many different skill sets across all of the people who contribute to the Order, but enchanting is a skill we lack." Lilian then mentioned the idea of visiting Verdanus Castle, and possibly even doing a bit of training. Kairi nodded with a little bit of excitement. She had been to Mith Verdanus many times, but she had never been inside the walls of the castle. "That sounds like fun actually. I'd be more than happy to help you, after your kindness towards me and the Order. I come here often but I've never actually been inside the castle before."

Then, Lilian settled into a story about a squire named Melodia, who got bullied a lot by another squire named Arictus Kire. Kairi listened intently to Lilian as she described how she helped Melodia, including a cunning piece of subterfuge. While Kairi normally frowned upon things like that, in this instance the ends justified the means. When Lilian finished, Kairi nodded with a pensive look on her face. The flaws of mortals were something she had learned very early on in her life. She had seen people like Arictus before, albeit in positions of more power, and she had suffered as a result. Kairi's expression cracked for a moment, and look of sadness crossed her face. She gathered herself quickly though, in the hopes that Lilian didn't notice. Lilian mentioned that they might meet Melodia when they go to the castle. When Kairi spoke, her voice was a little quieter than normal. "I'd like that. She sounds like a remarkable person."

Soon after, Isabelle returned and notified them of dinner. As they made their way to the dining room, Olivia entered from the front door and waved at them as she removed her cloak and hung it up. Kairi waved back and grinned. "Hi Olivia. How was the rest of the fair? Thanks for the painting, by the way." Olivia smiled back. "Oh no problem. I'm just glad you like it." Olivia removed her boots and sighed dramatically. "Exhausting. I thought I'd never get any dinner."

In the dining room, Kairi was thanked Isabelle when she put a hot meal down in front of her. "This smells lovely. Thank you Isabelle." Isabelle smiled as she gave Olivia and Lilian their food. "You're welcome. The vegetables are from a farm just outside the city. They're the best you'll find anywhere." When everyone had food, Isabelle said a quick prayer to Na'Sora, and then everyone tucked in.

Last edited by Orgoth on Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:33 pm

Lillian smiled. "Great, we have time after dinner before I need to start making my way back to Mith Silvanus. Honestly I could probably leave travelling until the morning." She said. She noticed the subtle change in Kairi as she spoke about Arictus and started to worry she'd upset her with the story. She knew Kairi'd have a tough path, but she didn't know all the specifics, but wondered if it had something to do with someone like Arictus.

When Kairi finally spoke she was quieter, but before Lilian could ask her if she was alright, Issabelle came in to tell them dinner was ready. Lilian practically skipped across the room to get to the food, and was met at the door by Olivia as she came in. She greeted them, and Kairi thanked her for the picture and asked her how the rest of the fair was. Olivia sighed dramatically and exclaimed how exausting it was. Lilian sighed dramatically. "Oh you poor thing!" She said, skipping over to Olivia and scooping her up into her arms. "Lilli!" Olivia said giggling. "Allow me to carry you to the table, you must rest your poor feet less you secumb to exaustion!" Lilian proclaimed dramatically.

"Put me down!" Her cousin said wiggling and giggling furiously. "How are you so strong!" She said to which Lilian responded, "By eating my vegatables!" Lilian reached the table and dumped Olivia unceremoniously into her chair with an oof and sat down beside her. She smiled at Kairi and patted the chair next to her. When Issabelle was done with her prayer to Na'Sora, Lilian added a silent prayer to her mother and dug in.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:16 pm

A while later, after they had filled up on food, Kairi and Lilian found themselves standing outside Castle Verdanus. The food had been really tasty, and Kairi had helped with the washing up, despite Isabelle's protests. It was the least she could do. The castle had a more natural appearance than its counterpart in Mith Silvanus. The architecture was more flowing and organic, though it was still a rock against any storm. They arrived at the front gate, and Lilian used her status as a Knight to gain entry for them both, though they were also welcoming to Kairi when they noticed her Order of the Sun insignia.

Once inside, the first thing that came to Kairi's mind was how much time was clearly spent on the aesthetic of the place. The entrance hall was full of color, with a large mural above the door to the main hall. The mural depicted the Undine as it made its way across the Verdant Plains, with a Verdant Stallion drinking from the river. Kairi was taking it all in. "Incredible...."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:11 pm

They arrived at the castle and Lilian talked them past the guards, who were happy enough to welcome Kairi when they realised she was with the sunlight covenant. Lilian led kairi through the entrance hall. She took her through the castle, showing her various stutues, paintings and tapastries that were considered great works of art. The silver citadel had a galleria, but Verdanus castle was a galleria. And also a defensive structure of course, with hidden passages in the walls and arrow slits and peek holes all over the place. Of course, they were only used if the castle was undersiege and about to be breached.

Lilian took Kairi to the training rings first to meet Melodia. She was there, in full plate, black hair tied into a ponytail, a longsword in hand. Lilian watched silently as she faced off against three soldiers, two with swords and shields and one with a halbard. In a matter of a minute or less she had the two with shields on their asses and her blade to the throat of the polearm wielder. Lilian clapped entusiastically as Melodia helped the fallen soldiers up and noticed them. The girl's face split into a smile and she approached them. "Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes." she said as she approached. "Who's your friend?" She asked, before noticing Lilian's arm. She snatched the metal hand into her grip and examined it. "I heard about your injury and recovery. I expected.. Well not this, its amazing."

"Yep, I'm amazing." Lilian replied.
"This is Kairi Thorne by the way. From the sunlight covenant." Lilian said. "Wait, The Kairi Thorne?!" Melodia exclaimed. "You were part of the peace talks that stopped the asentari - human war before it started!" She said. "It is an honor to meet you!" Lilian chuckled.
"I think someone has a crush." Lilian said. Melodia blushed.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:39 pm

Kairi was unable to stop staring at everything, even as Lilian led her through to the training ring. The fortress was defensively sound, with arrow-slits and other siege measures dotted everywhere. With the defenses seamlessly blended in with the artful appearance of the place, Kairi dreaded the day when those defenses would be put to the test. To subject a building like this to harm just seemed wrong.

They eventually reached the training ring, where a spar was about to take place. A girl in heavy armor was squaring off with two swordsmen and a spearman. Lilian pointed out that it was her friend she had mentioned before, Melodia. The young girl's blade-work was impressive, as she swiftly dispatched her opponents. Lilian clapped approvingly and Melodia turned and grinned widely as she approached. The two took a moment to get reacquainted, with Melodia expressing amazement at Lilian's arm. Lilian expressed her usual teenage braggadocio, before introducing Kairi.

Kairi chuckled when Melodia went into full fan-girl mode. The Human-Asentari conflict was still relatively recent, and Kairi's involvement in averting the disaster of war was well-known in Human lands. "The honor is all mine. Aline Drexara was the main reason the war was averted. Without Edaria's intervention, none of it would have been possible. I just did what I could to help." Lilian couldn't resist a poking fun a bit at Melodia's fandom. The young girl immediately blushed, and Kairi smiled and raised an eyebrow at Lilian. She then returned her gaze to Melodia. "Your work in there was very impressive. You seem like a natural."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:03 pm

Lilian's smile faded slightly as they continued to speak about the asentari human war, or maybe the mention of an asentari. Alina Drexara had stopped the war, but it didn't change the fact her people started it. She would never get over what the war had cost her, though she certainly didn't say anything to bring the mood down. She smiled wider when she noticed Melodia's glare. "I would love to meet Aline Drexara too. Its amazing that an asentari lived with humans for so long without being noticed, and spent so much time helping to make the freelands safer for everyone. Not that you don't. If I wasn't on my way to becoming a knight, I'd probably have joined the order."

Kairi mentioned that Melodia appeared to be a natural, and Lilian hoped she didn't mention the enchanted training sword. She'd never told Melodia, or anyone really, what she'd done. Melodia looked at her feet. "Well, I wasn't always. I've spent allot of time training. Even so, I doubt I could best either of you." She said, and Lilian snorted. "Make me use a longsword and you'd kick my ass." She said. "Oh shut up miss fully fledged knight at 19." Melodia said jokingly. "You must be the youngest knight in the history of Mondolin." Lilian smiled. "Actually that would be Blademaster Jensen." Melodia nodded. "True. So what brings you two up here at this time of the day?"

"I was just showing Kairi around the castle. She's never been inside." Lilian said. "I will let you get back to it so. Kairi, It was an absolute honor, please drop in anytime. I mean, you know tell the guards your here to see me because they don't just let anyone walk in and I'd hate to cause you to be thrown in a cell because-." Lilian cut her off as she began to speak faster and faster. "Melodia. Breath girl."

Melodia took a deep breath and smiled. "You get the idea." She said. Lilian hugged her goodbye and led Kairi from the training ring. "The great Kairi thorn has an admirer." Lilian said giggling. "So, the main attraction. The view from the north tower." Lilian said as she started to lead Kairi up a spiral staircase, that just kept going for a billion years. Lilian opened the door and held it for Kairi, allowing her to step out onto the tallest tower of the castle. Because of the castle's position on the hill, the north tower overlooked the entire city, out into the Verdant plains, and the mighty river cutting a path through them.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:55 pm

Kairi noticed the slight unease that crept into Lilian's expression. Though the conflict with the Asentari was settled relatively quickly, it still extracted a toll. Kairi knew of Lilian's connection to the conflict, and though she was mentally in a far better place today than she was back then when Kairi had first encountered the eldest child of Andreas Toral, the scars had never truly healed. Kairi understood this, and she was more than happy to let Lilian have as much fun as she could.

After glaring at Lilian, Melodia went on to say that she also wanted to meet Aline, and that she would have joined the Order had things gone differently. Kairi nodded and smiled warmly. "Indeed. Aline is a remarkable person. She is incredibly open-minded, which made it easier to approach her for help." Kairi took the opportunity to change the subject, though she tried her best to not make it look obvious to Lilian. "The Order could certainly use a young and gifted warrior like yourself, though it wouldn't be fair to deprive the Knights of your talents."

Melodia and Lilian bickered for a little bit when Melodia lamented that she still wouldn't be able to best either Lilian or Kairi yet. Kairi smiled reassuringly. "Maybe not yet, but you have incredible potential. If you keep training and applying yourself, you may well surpass me some day." She glanced at Lilian too. "You both will, I reckon." Lilian then explained why they were in the castle in the first place, and Melodia offered to let them get back to it, though her nerves seemed to get the best of her again. Kairi smiled again and put a reassuring hand on the young girl's shoulder. "I understand. Thank you, Melodia." Lilian gave her friend a hug, and they left.

As they headed for the staircase to the tower, Lilian couldn't help but poke a little more fun at her friend's nervousness. Kairi smiled. "She seems like a good person. Shining lights like yourself and her are rare these days. Not every one thinks as favorably on the Order and our actions to end the conflict." They made it up what seemed like an endless flight of stairs, but what lay at the top made it all worth it. They stepped out onto the tower parapet, and the view was absolutely breathtaking. Kairi was in awe. "You weren't joking. This is incredible." She could see the Verdant Plains in all its glory. The River Undine was like a graceful serpent as it wound its way from the mountains and curved towards the city. Kairi pointed to a hill to the east. "See that hill over there? My parents' farm was beyond it." Kairi turned to Lilian and bowed her head in gratitude. "This is truly incredible. Thank you."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:55 pm

Lilian nodded. "Warmongers and those who believe the asentari should have been hunted down and exterminated... I don't like them.. But even I think that's going to far. I just wish it had ended sooner."She said, staring down at her feet as she spoke. When they reached the roof however, Lilian smiled when Kairi witnessed the view. "I knew you would like it." She said. Lilian stood quietly, looking out over the area as Kairi did the same. Then the woman spoke, pointing towards the hills and pointed out her parents' farm. Lilian frowned. "I'm sorry.. I sometimes forget I'm not the only one who's lost people." She said.

As Kairi admired the view, Lilian found the courage to say something she'd wanted to say to Kairi. "I don't know if you know this, but you really did inspire me. I don't know where I would be if I hadn't met you, and I really appreciate that.." She paused, looking away. "If you ever need to talk about what happened to you... I'm always here to listen.." She said quietly.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:45 pm

Kairi looked into Lilian's eyes when the younger Human apologized. "Please don't apologize. I'm just glad I got to experience that life at all. Plus, I now have a second chance to live. Not many can say that." The black-haired warrior reached out a hand, hesitated ever-so-slightly, and placed it carefully on Lilian's shoulder. Though physical contact was something she still struggled occasionally with, Kairi now trusted Lilian enough that her normal barriers were much weaker.

As Kairi took one last look into the distance, Lilian seemed to come to a decision. She told Kairi that she was an inspiration and that she was there for her if she ever needed to talk. Kairi smiled sheepishly. "You always had the strength to find your way. You just needed a little help to realize it." Kairi went to put her hand on Lilian's shoulder again, but stopped short, gazing at her hand for a moment. "Oh, what the hell." Kairi finally breached a barrier fully, and wrapped Lilian up in a fond embrace. She became aware of herself trembling slightly, and released her again, smiling but looking a little pale.

"Sorry. I'm getting better at that, but I'm not quite there yet." Kairi took a deep breath smiled ruefully at Lilian. "This has been truly wonderful, but I have to go now. I'm expected back at the Hold soon and I don't want to let them down." She bowed her head respectfully and began to walk towards the door. "I'll take you up on that spar offer next time I'm in town. I do hope you'll come and visit the Hold soon. Take care, Lilian. Farewell." With that, Kairi swept through the door.

Thread End

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down