Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» Ghosts of the Past - Aftermath
by Orgoth Yesterday at 12:29 am

» The Reluctant Warrior (Open)
by Orgoth Yesterday at 12:16 am

» Gohan Maedar Skill Sheet
by Orgoth Sun May 05, 2024 3:16 am

» Gohan Maedar
by Jun Sat May 04, 2024 2:12 am

» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

» Duty and War(Rowan/Yavanna Rank Up)
by Orgoth Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:01 pm

» A Dragon's Heart (Part 1)
by The Narrator Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 am

» The Gathering Storm (Undead Event Part 1)
by The Narrator Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:33 am

Affiliates

The Assault on Karcenak(Orgoth, Jun)

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Assault on Karcenak(Orgoth, Jun) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Assault on Karcenak(Orgoth, Jun)

Post by Jun Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:05 pm

"Normally I'm not. But if they're willing to fight for their freedom, might as well give them a fighting chance. This isn't home for them, after all. And it's not like they can just walk out and not get impaled. No shit they're not like us, but they're willing to put their lives on the line to get their freedom. Surely they deserve the chance? If you've been here, you know what it was like to be a slave...and know that it's better to die fighting for your freedom then living as a slave. I'm sure the elder there would agree..." Even the elder spoke up. And then the fight was on. The guards didn't stand a chance.

Then Bethany actually explained what was going on. "That's certainly not a combo I'd want to face, not without some very specific talent at my back. Enyou's a fucking idiot either way...even I don't really want a war right now, despite the amount of work that might get me. Well, I'm guessing air support is a wyvern, because Octavia, but yeah, I'll take point."

He led the way, cutting down any guard in his path, and quickly found the place. Kicking down the door, he got punched by someone or something with big, meaty fists. Jumping back up, rubbing his jaw and trying to calm the raging headache he now had, he looked to see a giant of a man with a warhammer ducking and moving out of the door along with six other guards. Well, this was going to be fun...

~

Juresh avoided losing his head at the first swing, then met Rex's sword, and avoided his stab, moving backwards, trying to get out of the field. Octavia took action to drive him back towards the other Asentari, and Rex supported it.

The blond swung down with the scythe blade after a quick spin. If Juresh dodged and aimed high, Rex would duck and try again to split him in half. But if the Heanta aimed lower, he'd jump over him and aim a scythe swing a little lower than the neck in a spin.

Kronos Lohengrin. Asentari. R-1
Rory Bloomfield. Human. R-1
Aether Favonius. Human. A-3

Tohma Tomoshibi. Kijin. A-4
Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Experience : 1458

Resources
Resources: 20460

Back to top Go down

The Assault on Karcenak(Orgoth, Jun) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Assault on Karcenak(Orgoth, Jun)

Post by Orgoth Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:45 pm

Kairi used her strength and leverage to try and keep Talia pinned down, but the Undari was also a physically powerful combatant with some tricks up her sleeve. Tendrils of water emerged all around Kairi, whipping at her. She tried to shift her position to brace herself against the onslaught, but the momentary shift in weight allowed Talia to reach past the shield and connect with the side of Kairi's face with a punch. Though Talia's position meant that the punch didn't have a huge amount of leverage behind it, the Undari's natural power meant that it was still enough to knock Kairi from atop her opponent. She rolled to the side and regained her feet just in time to see Talia regain hers and aim a spear of water at her heart. Kairi raised her shield to block the attack, but the force of it still lifted her off her feet and launched her into the wall behind her. She took a deep breath as she rose to her feet and readied her weapon and shield. This is going to take longer than I thought. Kairi took another deep breath as she stared at her opponent with respect. If I can even get the job done at all.

Miral watched the scene below with increasing worry. They were running out of time to secure the wall in so their friends had a way to escape. Whoever this Kronos was, he seemed to strike an agreement with Bethany and the rebellious slaves. She called up to Miral to cover their backs, while Kronos led the way. Miral formulated a route along the rooftops that would allow her to provide optimal cover for the group. Making her move, she heard a familiar voice in her head. "Is everything alright? Do we come now?" Miralshook her head as if Inara could see her. "No, not yet. But be ready." "Understood." The voice replied simply.

Miral knew her heightened emotions had transmitted to her companion, putting the ocelot on alert, so she took a moment to compose herself before setting about her task. She picked off a number of stragglers to either side of the group, before they reached the door to a building. Kronos brazenly kicked the door down, and was met with a thunderous punch as a large warhammer-wielding soldier emerged with six other guards. Miral fired her bow at the big man, but the arrow simply bounced off the man's thick armor. The other six were similarly armored, so Miral stopped to think. She needed a new plan quick.

Enyo was stopped in his tracks by the female soaring over his head and launching chains to prevent him from reaching the edge of the barrier. Meanwhile, the young man on the other side spun his weapon before swinging down on Enyo with it. Really? He dares to showboat against me?! The display only served to enrage the Karcenak leader, and as he stepped to the side to avoid being bisected down the middle he detached his swords and swung for the little ingrate's head as hard as he could manage with one. The boy ducked and swung for his waist, but Enyo had already planned his follow up, using the spare one to block the blow. He heaved with all of his strength and pushed himself to the side so they weren't flanking him any more and let out a roar of rage. He seemed to grow bulkier, and his eyes seemed to glow bright red as his strength and durability were boosted by 2, while his speed and agility dropped by the same amount. "Enough is enough! I'll cut you both from mouths to assholes and wear you both like coats!"

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Miral Nerys and Inara R-1 Eldross
Yavanna Elbereth E-1 Eldari
Armagand Kor A-5 Asentari
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Kanetsugu Nakamura A-5 Kijin
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Experience : 1783

Resources
Resources: 31640

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:24 pm

Talia managed to knock the woman clean off her, and her follow up sent the human flying into the wall. Nothing lethal however as she got her shield up in time to block the spear of water. The human got back to her feet, and took her stance. "It's futile, human. You'll die before you get past me. I swore to protect Lady Aline, and I hold to my oaths." Talia glared at the human, took her stance, and prepared to attack. "I don't know much about the world, but I heard my companions talking, and if we don't save Lady Aline allot of people are going to suffer. Please, your highness, if we don't get her away from here my Mistress will kill her. She has no use for Aline, she just want's Juresh gone." Talia's eyes locked to the undari as she took a step forward. She could see the fear in Arilia's eyes as she mentioned her Mistress, whoever that was.

If Juresh was killed, their agreement died with him, and these people seemed sure that he was indeed going to die. She had no reason to keep Aline her, and while it didn't really matter if she lived or died to Talia, it would probably be more beneficial to Talia if the Ruler of Edaria left with her life and a reason to be grateful to Talia. She doubted she'd find Arilia's mistress to be as useful an ally, and if this stranger was the reason Arilia seemed so broken, their relationship would be very short. Talia wasn't a good person, but she would always look after her people, and anyone who hurt them would meet her wrath.

With a feigned sigh, Talia lowered her weapons. "Juresh tasked me with Aline's protection. If he's gone, I doubt I will be able to protect her from his replacement alone. Very well, little undari, I will step aside. But i have a request. Come with me." Arilia smiled kindly at the girl. The undari cowered back. "I.. I can't. If I leave, She'll find me." She looked at the human. "She'll hurt you, or one of your friends." Talia raised a soothing hand. "Arilia, I can protect you. We can go places she can never follow. You can be free." Talia looked to the human. "Free.... But, Kairi.. You'll be in danger.."

Everything seemed fine, until they reached the door and Kronos was met with a meaty fist. The asentari was sent flying as a man a few inches short of the infamous Armagand Kor, followed the fist out. Hefting a mighty warhammer, the man roared his challenge and charged towards Kronos, leading with an overhead swing. Bethany raised a hand to tell the slaves to stay back as the six guards that followed him out turned to them, assuming their brute would take care of Kronos. She walked forward, swords in hand, and nodded. "Alright pig fuckers, who want's A new hole?" She goaded. The guards tensed, weapons ready. "What, afraid of a little woman? Want you're mommy over there to back you up? six on one not easy enough?"

The big man, taking another swing at Kronos, cursed at them over his shoulder. "Kill that bitch all ready you bunch of chicken shits!" That seemed to kick them into gear, and they rushed towards her as one, attempting to press her back. Instead, Bethany roared forward into their formation, ducking a blade to the head and weathering a few glancing blows that deflected off her skin, before driving a sword through the two central fighters. Pushing them back and leaving the other four scattered she kicked them free of her blades. Spinning around to face the others, they turned to face her, wary, only to leave their backs open to Miral and the slaves. They didn't last long as the slave militia rushed forward.

Juresh Enyo raged against the continued assault, repelling both her and Rex's assault. The energy field flickered around them, then died, its strain on the heanta retreating. With a roar of anger he started to bulk up in size. Eyes glowing red he screamed a threat at them. Octavia snorted. "I'd like to see you catch me." She retorted. He looked so bulked up she suspected he'd have trouble touching Rex, let alone her. She snapped out the blades on her Kama, and dashed forward, aiming for his flank to slash at his left leg and draw his attention from Rex. She hit fast and retreated, then struck again as soon as his attention turned back to Rex, never coming at the man from the front. She would continue to harry his flanks, and left Rex to do the heavy hitting until an opening supplied itself.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Octavia Velerius A-5 Asentari
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Umbra Moonfall A-5 Heanta
Koranna "Kora" Merciallus A-5 Asentari
Gwyneth "Gwyn" Ferrum Aurora A-5 Human
Mist, The Explosive Assassin A-5 Half-Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Experience : 2032

Resources
Resources: 26880

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:55 pm

As soon as the big man swung, Kronos ducked and slashed at the armor. His divinium blade did cut through it some, but the resulting injury was light. Backing off, he avoided more swings and punches and kicks, waiting for an opportunity to snap that damn hammer. It came when he swung down at the hooded Asentari. Kronos, with all his might, swing his sword up with a jump, aiming at the handle near the head of the hammer. He cut through it, but forced him backward to land head first. "Sky Shield!" A green shield burst into life below him, allowing him to bounce up and avoid a kick.

"Second Shield!" A second green shield appeared above him, allowing the fire asentari to bounce off of it to slice the guy in half. Kind of. At about the middle of the chest, the armor stopped him. Getting himself and his sword out before the man fell forward, Kronos stepped around the guy and proceeded inside. Grabbing a rack of five bombs, he opened his mouth, a sigil appearing above it, and "ate" them. Other bombs he stored at his side, but others were coming in to grab some too.

He led the way to the defenses again. "You and I will have to take point if we want the most former slaves to survive. There's going to be a stairwell that splits in two. I'll take the left if you got the right. Your friend can find a good point from the houses nearby to provide support. We can split the rebellion in half, and both of us can light the fuses. Try to put at least one bomb at the joints and mechanical parts to ensure a very slow fix time." And then to the carts the slaves will go to find their freedom, and leaves a hole for their task force.

~

Rex's showboating apparently angered the guy. Good. Get angry. And make mistakes. Bulking up and moving slower. Still, Rex failed to do any damage. Octavia dashed in and out, and Rex did much the same. As soon as she was out, he would slash at his flanks, aiming to cut something off, then dash out when Juresh turned his attention to him, only for Octavia to come in and slash at his flanks as well.

After the third round of this, Rex was again at his side, but his throat and eyes glowed, electricity sparking. He used his elemental breath on the man...

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:51 pm

Kairi watched as Talia once again tried to intimidate her, by promising death if the Human continued to try and break through. Kairi raised an eyebrow but said nothing, again relying on her restraint to not do something dangerous. She widened her stance, but before they could resume, Arilia intervened. She appealed to Talia, informing the elder Undari of Hargrave's plans for Aline, should the attempt on Juresh Enyo's life succeed. She finished by confirming that Hargrave had no interest in Aline, but only desired Enyo's demise. Talia considered the young Undari's words for some time, before eventually coming to a decision. With a melodramatic sigh, Talia acquiesced, but with a caveat. Talia asked Arilia to come with her. The young girl cowered, still in fear of her mistresses repercussions, but the princess assuaged her concerns with a promise to protect her.

Arilia perked up, but was then concerned about Kairi's safety should she be left alone. Kairi studied Talia for a moment. The princess had a poor attitude to those considered "below her station", but she did seem to genuinely care about Arilia, and Kairi finally nodded in agreement. "I believe this is your best chance to escape servitude, Arilia. I will be fine. Once I have Aline, I can make it out of here to our friends." Kairi sheathed her sword and stowed her shield on her back, then put a reassuring hand on Arilia's shoulder. "You deserve to be free, and being with one of your people is even better." Kairi stepped back and looked at Talia with a stern look. "There is one condition to this. I will have your word that you will keep Arilia safe." She stepped forward until she was directly in front of Talia, to look her eye-to-eye. "Your word. Because if anything should happen to her under your watch, I will find you. You have my word." Kairi awaited a response patiently, not breaking eye-contact with the princess for a second.

Miral was struggling to think of a way to adapt, but then an opportunity presented itself. The big leader busied himself with Kronos, so Bethany decided to occupy the other six, because she was clearly insane. The Asentari female charged through the center of the guards' line, shattering it and dispatching two of them. Miral was almost caught admiring the courage, before she spotted the opening she needed. The guards had turned around to deal with the brazen woman, and it appeared that they were somewhat inadequately armored from behind. Miral drew an arrow, and with all of the quickness and precision her centuries of experience afforded her, she dropped the guard nearest to Bethany with a well-place arrow between the shoulder blades. By this point, the slaves had also dived into the fray, attacking the guards from behind with their tools and implements.

Miral dropped another guard, leaving the horde and Bethany to finish the other two as she looked to Kronos and the leader. It appeared the Asentari had dealt with his foe expertly, the big man's hammer sliced in twain and Kronos' sword embedded in his midsection. Once the group had loaded up on explosives, they headed for the defenses. It was nearly time for the backup. Miral stalked the rooftops, picking off any stragglers that she came across. Upon reaching the wall where the ballistae were located, Miral spotted a watchtower that overlooked the ramparts and both sides of the wall. She deftly leapt across to one of the windows and clambered in, stealthily climbing the stairs to the top. Once there, she cracked the lone sentry over the head with her bow, before taking up position to cover the rebellion.

Enyo looked at the two wretches before him with pure contempt as the yellow energy barrier that had been impeding him vanished. The bitch rushed in first, and he swung at her with a big lumbering swing, aiming to slice her in twain. He missed however, and the bitch left a neat slice across his thigh, causing him to yell in anger and pain. She was followed by the bastard, who lunged in with his own attack. Angered, Enyo threw himself into a side roll to avoid it, but was immediately assailed by the bitch again, who breached his defenses with a slash across the side. Blood spattered on the floor from the two wounds as Enyo roared in pain again, his anger intensifying. The bastard was at his side again, throat and eyes glowing. Juresh at least knew he wasn't escaping it, but he was blinded by rage to the point that he just wanted to hurt them. He simply turned and threw a right back-fist at the bastard's jaw as the lightning attack emerged, knocking Enyo backwards in pain, but hoping he at least scored a hit on the little shit. He rose slowly, limbs twitching. He saw the red smear along the floor where he had slid, and roared again in anger. He put two hands in front of him and diverted all available power to the spot between his hands. As a large orb of red energy formed, he laughed maniacally. He may lose, but he was going to destroy as much of the two fuckers in his house as he could. The orb began to swell in size, and his laughing echoed throughout the room.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:47 pm

The human agreed, stating she could look after herself and it was the best way for Arilia to be free. "Atleast we agree on that." Talia replied as the human got up in her face and locked eyes with her. Talia almost demanded she drop her gaze, but doubted the peasent would, and she didn't want to upset Arilia. The human threatened Talia. "Oh, so now you care. Did you intend on saving Arilia from her Mistress, or are you just trying to look tough for her now?" She asked. "Tch, not that You deserve it human, you have my word that nothing will befall Arilia under my protection. She is my kin, Human. I'm sure you understand that."

Talia didn't break eye contact until the human backed off, then she tossed her the keys to the dungeons. "There's a tunnel that leads into the sewers. I'd avoid the surface, sounds like there's allot of trouble out there. If you see Arilia's mistress, tell her I burned the gir to ashes. I'm sure she'll believe that. That might slow her down if she decides to come after Arilia." Talia shot the peasent one last sneer. "If you wish to say goodbye Arilia, I'll be right over here." She said, and stepped off to the side, waiting by a door leading into the back of the building.

Arilia approached Kairi slowly. "Kairi.. Thank you. Please be careful, Mistress Hargrave is more dangerous that you think.. Princess Talia is right though, telling her I'm dead will slow her down, if she decides to come looking at all. And dont worry, I think I'll be ok. I'll be free." Arilia gave Kairi a quick half hug, breaking away and running to join Talia by the door. She waved to Kairi, while the Princess gave the human a superior look. And then they were gone through the door.

Kronos gave instructions as they grabbed more bombs. Bethany smiled humorlessly as he spoke, nodding along. Let him lead these people to disaster, if it all went wrong she didn't want it on her conscience. He told her were to plant the bombs too. "I've used this stuff before, but by all means tell me how to blow things up." She said. When they had enough, they headed for the wall, Miral sprinting ahead to find a place up high to cover them from. A few of the slaves got their hands on crossbows, which passed hands until they landed into people familiar with the weapons.

Reaching the wall, she nodded to Kronos before going up the stairs on her side, taking the lead ahead of roughly half the slaves. The guards atop the walls heard the commotion, and rocks begain to rain down from above. One found its mark, caving the skull of a slave, before Bethany crested the stairs and threw her Gladius, impaling a man through the gut. A woman turned a crossbow on Bethany but she was shoved aside by frail arms, and someone else took the bolt that would have broke against her skin. Bethany lunged forwards as the woman tried to reload, then realising it was to late threw the weapon at her and went for her sword. Bethany knocked the crossbow aside like it was nothing and cut the woman from shoulder to groin, shoving her off the top of the wall.

The slaves swarmed the defenses, stabbing guards and dragging the men and woman manning Ballista down to be murdered. Bethany quickly planted her bombs in crevices and under ballista, in cracks in the walls and weaknesses. A single spark would blow them and the wall sky high. When everything was ready, she ordered the slaves to get off the wall, and waited for Kronos' signal.

Octavia and Rex were starting to wear the man down, and after landing several light blows, Rex blasted the man with his lightining breath at the same moment Juresh launched a bone crunching punch towards Rex's face. The flash of light blinded Octavia to what followed, but Juresh was launched several feet across the room leaving a streak of blood on the ground. Apparently that was the last straw as the man stood up, then with a roar of rage as he realized he was losing, started to build up energy between his hands. The energy kept building and building, concerning Octavia. But also giving her an opening, as she launched a ball of green energy towards the attack before Juresh could unleash it, in the hopes that it would detonate before it was supposed to and kill him.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:00 pm

They wore him down enough to piss him off even more. As Rex fired his element breath, Juresh backhanded him. It did not deter him, and kept it on target. However, it sent Rex flying into the wall. He crumpled to the ground for a couple seconds, then got up on his hands and knees. There was already a huge bruise showing on his right cheek, and the blond spat out not a small amount of blood. With his blood regeneration, it always looked worse than what it was. When he got up and picked up both weapons, he saw what the guy was about to do...and that Octavia already started to deal with it. Rex would just wait until things settled before trying to do anything...

~

Kronos too had lost a couple of his entourage. It just encouraged him to move faster and cut down everyone in his path. Between him and the slaves, they overwhelmed the defenses. He and others placed the bombs in the cracks and joints. Someone asked about a signal. The red head took and arrow, wrapped in one of the dead soldier's clothes, and set it alight, giving it to a crossbow wielding woman.

Upon lighting the fuse after making sure everyone was at a safe distance, he told the woman to fire the fire arrow up to let Mercy know to blow it. After the explosions and a visual check to make sure everything was good, he led them all down to the foray, meeting Beth. The wagons and horses were nearby too, and lightly defended with all the chaos around.

Once the slaves were all on their way, Kronos turned to the two women. "So, what's next?"

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:16 am

Kairi didn't budge an inch while Talia said her piece. The Undari royal was patronizing, but eventually gave her word that she would protect Arilia. Kairi finally relaxed her posture, satisfied that Arilia's destiny was in safe hands. Talia tossed Kairi a set of rusted keys, before informing her of a sewer exit that would allow them to avoid the chaos outside. Kairi nodded but smiled knowingly. "Thank you, but that's our chaos out there." Talia then told Kairi to tell Hargrave that Arilia had been killed by the princess if she asked about her. Kairi nodded in acknowledgement, before Arilia approached her. The young girl thanked Kairi, but warned her that Hargrave was dangerous if provoked, and Kairi nodded again, thinking back to that first confrontation in the forest. "I've discovered this for myself already. I will not take her or her power lightly." Arilia offered a quick hug, and Kairi accepted with a smile. "You're very welcome. Be safe, Arilia. Farewell."

With that, the Undari were gone, and Kairi headed to Aline's cell, where the ruler of Edaria was sitting on the makeshift bed that was the cell's only attempt at furniture. Kairi opened the door to the cell and held out a hand to the Asentari. "Lady Aline, I wish our meeting was under better circumstances. Please come with me." When the Asentari exited her cell, Kairi regarded her with deference appropriate for one of Aline's station. "We have two choices, my Lady. The quickest route to the rendezvous point would be to traverse the streets. However, there is considerable chaos outside right now, as my friends had made a diversion for me to gain entry here. I vow to protect you, should you trust me to do so. The other option is to utilize the sewers, a safer but more time-consuming route. The choice is yours, and I am at your command." Kairi bowed her head in respect, before awaiting Aline's decision.

Miral watched as the two groups went about their tasks, doing her best to minimize losses on both sides, though it was a difficult task. Eventually, a fire arrow rose from Kronos' side. A signal. What followed was complete carnage. large fireballs blossomed on both sides, obliterating the ballistae with ease and taking large parts of the ramparts with them. Miral hearkened back to the last time she had seen such fiery inferno, and was filled with dread. She instead used the sight of Bethany and Kronos meeting again in the center, and leapt out onto the parapet. She scaled the tower to the battered ramparts and scaled the rubble to join Kronos and Bethany. Kronos asked what was to come next. "We need to wait for our friends." She looked to Bethany. "Should I call in Inara?"

Juresh Enyo was an angry, angry man right now. Unfortunately for him, he was also not very smart either. He had never been challenged directly before, thanks in part to his bully strategy of surrounding himself with bigger and cleverer elements, his allies presence enough to dissuade any would-be insurgents. Now, having bypassed those fortifying elements that made Enyo such a menacing prospect, Octavia Velerius and Rex von Broven had exposed the man for what he was: an angry, insecure bully, and a paper leader. The Heanta's charging energy ball continued to swell in size filling with every ounce of energy Enyo had left. Unfortunately for Juresh Enyo, like so many bullies before him, his anger had blinded him. As Octavia's ball of energy collided with Enyo's, the man felt true fear and realized the futility of his struggle. The ball exploded violently in Enyo's face, sending him sprawling across the deck and obliterating his side of the room in a spectacular detonation.

When the dust settled, the rubble moved, and a maimed and bloodied Karcenak ruler hauled himself out into view, conflicted about whether he should've just remained in the tomb that was formed from part of his main hall. Enyo was covered in dust and blood, his hands and wrists had been reduced to bloody stumps, and there were severe burns on most of his body. Even though his Heanta regenerative abilities were working, the extent of his injuries meant that it would still be a long recovery. Choking and spluttering on the dust that floated around him, Enyo spotted his assailants, and the color drained from his face, though the crimson mask made it hardly noticeable. He had one final play, one that he did not want to make, but might be enough to ensure his survival. He sank to his knees, and grovelled. "Please, I give up. Have mercy, mighty Asentari." He looked up at them through bloodshot eyes. "I beg of you. Spare me. I can make you richer than your wildest dreams! Anything you want! Please!"[/color] Enyo wheezed as he displayed all of the backbone of a soggy piece of bread, banking on his assailants' conscience. It was a pitiful sight.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:47 pm

The commotion upstairs had finally died down, and after several minutes of silence, Arilia heard the to the dungeon open. Unsure what was happening, she stood up, preparing to fight if need be, but the face that appeared at the door was a welcome one. "Kairi Thorne, words can't express how delighted I am to see you." She said, as Kairi unlocked the door. Kairi spoke to her with deference, telling her she was at her service before bowing, but Aline lay a hand on her shoulder. "Aline will do, Kairi. Now straighten up, I won't have a friend bowing to me. I'm not much for formalities." She said.

Stepping out of the cell, she mulled over Kairi's suggestions. "Perhaps both options are viable. We should leave through the sewers, better than no one sees me leave the building. We can find a quiet place to surface. Lead the way, and I'll keep my head down." She said.

After retreating a good distance, she waited for Kronos' signal. As she seen the bolt of fire arc into the air, Bethany moved forwards and launched several balls of fire from her hand onto the wall. The alchemical fire ignited with a deafening boom that sent Bethany staggering back. The dust cleared, leaving nothing but rubble. Bethany made her way back to the slaves and found Kronos. Seconds later Miral joined them, asking if she should call Inara. Bethany was going to tell her to wait since a Wyvern being ridden by a cat was likely to scare the crap out of the slaves, when she spotted movement in the city. A collumn of guards, atleast fifty strong moved into the street. "Yeaa.... I think we're going to need some fire support." Bethany said. "Kronos, get these slaves into a defensive formation. If they turn their backs and run they'll be cut apart. We'll have to hold out until Inara arrives." As she finished, there was a powerful boom, and the mansion on top of the hill erupted in fire.

With a blinding flash Octavia's energy collided with the massive ball of energy between Juresh's hands, and it exploded violently. The blast was powerful enough to send her flying backwards into a wall, leaving her slightly stunned and slumped in a heap. gingerly standing up, she spotted the rubble move as Juresh tried to claw his way out from beneath a shattered wall. She hadn't spotted Rex yet, but he'd been far enough away that he was likely fine. Octavia walked towards the Heanta, who was in terrible shape but still breathing. As he spotted her, Juresh began to beg for his life, a tact she hadn't expected from him.

"Mercy?" Octavia asked with a scornful laugh. "how many slaves die in your city every year? Where is your mercy? If you've learned anything Asentari since we've made ourselves known it will be that we despise slavery. We find it abhorrent. So I'm going to stand back, and let Rex do what we came here to do because you do not deserve mercy." She said. He was a pathetic sight, and as much as she hated him she knew she didn't have it in her to finish him. She'd rather lock him up and let him rot in prison, but that wasn't an option. So she stepped back, and let Rex have him. But she didn't break eye contact, as his life ended.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:56 pm

Kronos followed Beth's eyes to the city. More guards, this time actually organized. As Mercy finished speaking of a plan, there was a boom at the top. Lots of fire...definitely not Rex or Octavia, but he had the feeling that didn't matter much. Nodding, he headed down and gathered the slaves. Three carts were together and ready to go. He explained the situation. Many of them were scared. But the elder rallied them. Smiling, Kronos gave them a plan and what's going to happen.

They picked up shields, spears, wooden planks, anything they could use as a shield. At the end of the block was now a barricade with the slaves behind it with spears or any other long reaching weapon. Some were also on platforms for their crossbows. Kronos had pitched in to help build the ad hoc formation.

Jumping over it and stepping a good amount forward as the guards stood and looked, the red head took off the hood and redrew his sword. Hopefully Mercy was beside him. And waited for the hammer to drop...

~

Rex rose an eyebrow at the man's begging. Did he really think that would work here? The blond started to step up when Octavia started to speak. Resting his scythe on his shoulder, he waited for her to finish, spitting blood off to the side. "And that's ignoring one very important thing. I have a bargain to fulfill. We were only here to save Aline. Striking that bargain made that easier. Thank Lina Hargrave for your death." He swung his scythe down to cut off Juresh's head.

Looking out over the city, he saw the chaos. And the burning ballistaes. "We better get going. Think you have it in you to make it possible for us to jump down?" Hopefully that was a possibility. It was quite the height. If not, they'll just have to go back the way they came and beat up everyone in their path. Looking back, a few guards did come back, only to see the two of them, a bunch of dead guards, and a dead Juresh. Dropping their weapons, they ran like hell. Well, hopefully news spread pretty quickly.

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:04 am

Kairi smiled as Aline brushed off the formality and asked her to call her by her first name only. "As you wish." The leader of Edaria then mulled over the options that Kairi had presented her, before coming to a decision. Kairi stroked her chin in thought. Aline's plan was theoretically sound, leaving under the cover of the sewers before surfacing outside and making for the meeting point. She nodded in approval. "That's a good plan. Very well, please stay close." Kairi led the way to the sewer access point, a small metal grate in the floor, barely large enough for a person to get through. Kairi bent down, set herself, and ripped the hatch from the floor and its hinges, then stood holding it with a sheepish expression on her face. "Sorry, I thought it would be better secured or rusted in or something." She rested the hatch against the wall and peered into the darkness below. A metal ladder ran down the side of the tube.

Glancing around, Kairi saw torch sconces around the room, lighting the chamber up with a flickering orange glow. She reached for the nearest one and attempted to remove the torch from the sconce, but instead succeeded in removing the torch and its sconce, leaving a hole in the wall where the sconce was mounted. Kairi looked at the implement and shook her head in disdain, before beginning her climb down. When she reached the bottom, Kairi spotted a narrow walkway that ran along the side of the tunnel, and she waited on the walkway for Aline to make her way down, before holding the torch up in front of her as they began their trek.

Miral saw what Bethany saw, a large and organized unit of guards on their way down a wide street, and searched her thoughts for her faithful companion. "Inara, we need you now." The familiar voice of the ocelot entered her mind. "I'm guessing that fireball on the wall was the signal? We're on the way." The Eldross turned back to Bethany and Kronos. "They are on the way." Bethany ordered Kronos to organize the ragtag group of surviving slaves into formation, in order to hold the line until Inara and Saelie arrived. Miral watched with amazement as the young man immediately set about his task, and before long they had a rather respectable setup despite the limitations on people and equipment. Miral herself gathered as many arrows as she could find from her hits and stocked up her quiver, before leaping up to join the crossbow troops on the platform. She looked to her comrades and nodded respectfully before nocking an arrow and watching the approaching troops. "Hold your fire until I give the word." This was it, the culmination of their plan. Miral only hoped that Kairi and the others were alright.

Enyo watched as the two younger warriors approached, and as he feared, they held nothing but contempt for him. The girl brought up the plight of the slaves in Karcenak, and whether they had also deserved mercy. Enyo held out his stumps pleadingly. "Slavery was already happening before I got here. The city was built on slaves! They needed jobs and the city needed labor. I just... made the process more efficient!" The young man then stepped forward and pronounced his judgement, and it was then that Enyo learned the name of his real killer. "Hargrave! That bitch! Whatever she's offering... I can double it! I can give you Drexara and more! No! Wait! Noooooo-" The final cries of Juresh Enyo were cut off, along with the man's pitiful head, by Rex's scythe.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:47 pm

Octavia smiled when Rex asked if she could make it possible for them to jump down. "I can manage it, but I need both my hands so I'll have to give you a piggyback." She said. She said. She crouched down slightly, waiting for Rex to get on, and when he was she activated feather, reducing their combined weight to one quarter. "Wrap those legs tight around me, and what ever you do, don't let go." She said, as she adjusted to the extra weight and activated the chains on her Kama. Then she started to run, crossing the court yard with speed, before taking a deep breath. With a forward flip, Octavia aimed her face at the ground at a 45% angle and unleashed her dragonbreath into the ground, while firing off a gust from each hand to balance the force out. This did set them soaring over the wall of the villa, but also set them flipping end over end.

She hoped Rex had a strong stomach because now would be a bad time to hurl. Octavia used several blasts of wind from her hands and feet to balance them out and stop the spinning as the force of the wind breath carried them almost two hundred feet across the city. Inevitably they started to fall. Octavia used the last of her wind power to stear them towards a street with high roofed buildings, and threw out her kama ahead to hook the buildings and bring them into a swing that stopped them splatting into the ground. It did launch them back up, allowing her to get in a few more swings and carry them closer towards the outer wall before finally setting down on the ground.

Aline followed Kairi, who proceeded to rip a hatch out of the floor. She gave Aline a sheepish smile and apologied. "I see you need no keys." She said with a little laugh. Kairi pulled a sconse from the wall and climbed down the hole. Aline followed and found herself in the sewers. She wrinkled her nose slightly. "Woaph. It's been a long time since I went sleuthing in sewers. Really don't have the nose for it anymore." Aline said. She continued to follow Kairi.

Bethany followed Kronos over the barricade, drawing both of her blades as she stepped up beside him. The longer they held them back, the less people that would die and the less guilt she'd have to bear. "We can't fight them all alone, but if we attack the either corner of their formation, we can force them into tight quarters and torch half of them. If we're lucky, the fear of being burnt alive will send the rest running. If not, we retreat, and take as many as we can with us before they reach the slaves. I'll go left, when you're ready." She said. "And try not to die. I'd hate for you to disappoint Rex." Bethany added. She waited for his mark, then charged towards the left flank of the enemy, tossing fireballs into the central ranks to force them back.

She hit the left flank like a firestorm, Asi igniting as she launched the last of her fireballs into the closest men, forcing them to crush in on the men behind them. With a heaving breath her throat glowed red, and she unleashed her firebreath across the enemies ranks, hopefully at the same time as kronos did from the other side.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Zenke likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:15 pm

Thankfully, Rex had experience flying with his mother. On Brutus. During storms. If he could handle that, he could handle being on Octavia's back, somersaulting over the wall and down towards the city itself. Rex had launched himself off of her at the last bounce. And both started running on the rooftops.

~

"I'm sure I've already disappointed him. Too bad I don't care that much." He agreed with her assessment though. He waited until they got closer. Then nodded at Beth. Like two madmen/women, they tore into the flanks. Beth with fiery determination, both literally and figuratively, and Kronos with martial skill.

And unleashed his own fire breath at the same time as the red headed woman. This put a significant dent in their ranks, and certainly made them back up, now with fear in their eyes. Laughing a little bit, the guards still had a significant edge in numbers. "Is that all you got? Afraid of a little fire? Come on...it's just the two of us that are of any real threat...well, us and the two that probably already killed Juresh by now..."

Kronos goaded them into trying to attack again. Many looked back up at the white villa, very much damaged. And...two figures heading down towards the city? They started looking at each other, wondering if that was possible. Or if the two that just leapt from there were retreating. They were stalling now. A couple from the far rear left to go confirm if Juresh really was dead. The red head grinned. That's it...just wait...the longer you wait, the closer our trump card gets...then you're screwed...

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Zenke likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:03 pm

Kairi chuckled when Aline mentioned the stench of the sewer they now stalked through, and how her sewer diving days were behind her. "So you used to travel through sewers, huh? Interesting." They walked for a few more moments, before they came to a large opening in the passage. There was a ladder leading up the side of the chamber to a large hatch in the ceiling roughly thirty feet above them. Kairi stepped into the chamber to get a good look at the hatch above. "We should be able to surface here if we climb up-" Kairi stopped abruptly as a loud crunch echoed around the chamber as she stepped. She knew exactly what the sound was, the telltale sound of bone crunching, and from there she divined the purpose of the room and hatch above. Kairi looked back at Aline with a wince. "This is definitely the place to leave the sewers, but don't look down." She crunched her way to the ladder and began to climb.

Miral watched as the two Asentari boldly walked out to confront the mass of troops in front of them, and the Eldross once again found herself in awe of the courage of such young people. Before she could think more about it, battle commenced. She saw the two Asentari part to either side and fire attacks inward, compressing the troops towards the center. Miral saw the opportunity and gave the word. "Now! Concentrate fire on the center." The makeshift militia beside her aimed and fired their weapons as she did. She was grateful that they were using crossbows, as they were easier for an untrained combatant to utilize. Not long after that, Miral heard a familiar swoop of wings as their backup approached from the distance.

Kairi reached the top of the chamber and forced the hatch open. Climbing up out of the hatch and offering to assist Aline as she followed up, Kairi looked around the room, and was appalled. They were in a room of horrors, with iron maidens and torture racks populating the dingy chamber. The hatch was clearly a corpse disposal chute, which explained the lack of locks or guards. Clearly, nobody expected anything to be climbing out of the chute. Kairi headed to the nearest door and kicked it through, stepping carefully outside with her weapons drawn. They were not far from the wall, and Kairi could see the smoke and hear the screams of combat. "It's not far now. We must move quickly." Kairi led Aline through the streets, towards the chaos.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:42 pm

Kairi wondered about Aline's time in sewers. Aline nodded. "I'm over one hundred years old, I haven't always been the leader of Edaria. Myself and Bethany were quite the wild pair when we were younger. Got into all sorts of messes seeking treasure and adventure. We're not so carefree, lately. The last sewer I was in was Edaria's, back when it was under construction. Beth has become.. Well, You've met her." Aline said. She paused, a question coming to mind. "I don't suppose you... No, sorry I've rambled long enough." Aline said.

As they neared the end of the tunnel, there was crunching underfoot. Kairi warned Aline not to look down, but was too late. The Asentari looked down to a rather disturbing sight. "Oh, dear. You're warning is to late... These poor souls.." Aline said, heart wrenching at the sight of the broken bodies and bones tossed so casually down a dark hole. She pulled her eyes away and climbed from the mass grave, following Kairi into a torture chamber. They made for the door, Aline not taking the time to look to closely at anything. Once in the street, Kairi led them towards their escape.

Octavia nodded with respect when they landed and started running. She hadn't expected less from Rex, but most people didn't handle being launched airborne with nothing but magic to save them from a hard impact so easily. Very few Wyvern riders she knew would willingly enter the air without a Wyvern or other winged animal beneath them. With little time left, they started to run across the rooftops. Leaping from one to the next, Octavia looked down just in time to spot Kairi emerging from a building, a woman following behind. She whistled to Rex, pointing down into the street. Leaping from the roof, Octavia swung down to link up with the two women.

With a nod to Aline, she fell in beside Kairi, easily Keeping pace. "Juresh is dealt with. The wall defenses are down, if the explosion we seen from the Villa was anything to go by.." She filled Kairi in. "Well, you’re band has been busy. Nice to meet you...?" Aline asked. "Octavia." She replied. If Rex was with them, the Lady of Edaria turned to him. "Are you well, Rex? I appreciate the rescue, by the by." She said. They were nearing the end of the street now, and it became clear a fight was ongoing, from the sounds of screaming and the smell of smoke and burnt flesh. "It appears we’re just in time for the finally.." Octavia said.

Bethany watched the soldiers stall, unsure if they should continue their attack, when Miral gave the order to fire on the centre. This caused absolute chaos, even if half of the shots missed, it still sent the soldiers scurrying backwards clumping even more. And that’s when the final stroke fell, as Saelie shot overhead, and finished the fight with a wave of fire from her maw. Anyone with any sense, including many of the slaves, ran for cover, though Saelie and her Feline rider were focused only on the soldiers. The small Wyvern slammed down to the earth with a roar, snapping at any soldier left in her vicinity. There was very few.

Bethany had to take a moment to admire the preposterousness of the scene, A wyvern ridden by a cat most likely giving the orders and taking them from the Eldross stationed behind her. And then Octavia, Kairi, Aline and Rex appeared and Bethany was snapped from her Reverie. Bethany ran forward to meet Aline, passing Octavia as the Wyvern rider ran to her mount. She gave Bethany a nod to testify that the job was done, and a strange look crossed her face as she spotted Kronos. Probably no stranger then the look that might cross Rex’s face when he noticed his rival’s presence.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:56 pm

Rex followed Octavia's eyesight after she whistled and jumped down with her. After his partner's update and introduction, Rex answered Aline's question. "I'm mostly fine. Don't underestimate your importance, Aline. Alura sent Octavia to assist us here. Come on, we have a wyvern for transport..."

~

Kronos watched as their trump card arrived. With the barrage of arrows further corralling the enemy into a bundle, the wyvern, ridden by a god damn cat, spewed fire over them. He practically joined Bethany in admiring the preposterous scene. Still, it was effective. And what remained quickly scurried away.

Though he did notice the rest of the crew come in. Kairi, Rexy, Aline, and Octavia. The last of which gave him a face. Rexy's eyes had widened and charged at the red head, scythe drawn. After a clash of blades, Kronos spoke. "Now now, Rexy, you still have a job to do. And you don't have the time to cut me down. I'll escort these former slaves about halfway to Mondolin. Then they can cut through it to head towards Sunshield Hold. Get Aline back to Edaria." With that, he sheathed his sword, and helped out the slaves finish up loading the carts and gathering anything that was worth something so they can get supplies to last them that long.

Rex, for his part, growled at the traitor. "Unfortunately, you're right. Octavia, can Saelie handle all of us or do some of us need to 'burrow' some horses?" The blond clenched his teeth, and focused on the job at hand.

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:34 pm

Kairi listened as Aline reminisced about her more adventurous days in her youth with Bethany. It was easy to imagine Bethany being a reckless adventurer in years past, but Aline being of the same ilk seemed unlikely. Still, Kairi had learned over the years that if anything, unlikely almost always eneded being certain. The leader of Edaria seemed to be on the cusp of asking a question, before thinking better of it. Kairi said nothing. The question could have been anything, it would be foolish to presume. They continued on to their rendezvous.

Miral heard the inner voice of her feline companion at the same time as she heard the flapping of draconic wings. The crossbow unit's somewhat messy volleys were enough to compress the enemy unit enough that Saelie was able to dispatch them in one fell blast of fiery breath. Any survivors fled into the city, and Miral nodded to her unit. "Well done. We must move now.". She led them down to ground level as she contemplated the rather unique situation she found herself in. She was leading a unit of Human slaves against their oppressors while Inara rode in on a wyvern. Even though the second part was her idea, it still amazed her that they managed to execute it as well as they did.

Kairi heard a whistle behind her as she ran, and turned to see Rex and Octavia approaching rapidly. The Asentari informed her of their success in dealing with Juresh Enyo, as well as the explosion at the wall they had witnessed. The Human nodded and smiled. "Well done. Let's keep moving." As they drew closer to the wall, the cacophony of battle became quite apparent, as well as the unmistakable stench of charred flesh. They came across Bethany and Kronos standing in front of the badly damaged battlements. Saelie the Wyvern stood atop the wall, and Kairi could see the small form of Inara the Ocelot clambering down from her would-be mount. There were at least two dozen slaves surrounding them, and Miral arrived from a stairwell with about a dozen more armed with crossbows. Suddenly remembering something, Kairi turned to see Rex charge at Kronos, weapon drawn. The red-haired Asentari blocked the blow, and managed to convince Rex to focus up on his job. Kronos offered to escort the slaves to Mondolin so they could travel safely to Sunshield Hold, before Rex asked how many Saelie could carry. Kairi and Miral looked to Octavia for her answer.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:20 pm

Rex charged towards Kronos. Blades clashed, and Kronos told Rex now wasn't the time for this. "Let it go for today, kid. He helped." Bethany said, turning her attention from Aline because she didn't really know what to say. Rex relented, and the pair seperated. Aline spoke up in regards to the slaves. "If I may, these people are more than welcome in Edaria. I'd still head for mondolin first. The lands there are safer to cross then travelling straight trough the freelands. I can arrange for an escort to meet them at sunshield home." Aline said. "Kairi, perhaps you could travel with them too?"

Rex asked Octavia how many Saelie cold carry. The asentari, who was busy scratching under the Wyvern's chin and praising her, looked over her shoulder. "Three's the limit, unless we're only going down the road." Aline stepped up beside Bethany and squeezed her hand. "Thank's for the rescue." She said quietly. "It wasn't just me." Bethany replied. Aline shrugged. "Of course not, but you gathered them." Aline let go of her hand and walked away.

"My orders are to bring you home, Rex. But I wont leave Lady Aline out here. I can take you back to your city, ma'am." Octavia said. "Then I can come back, if you all want to wait in a nearby village for about a day." Aline's eyes lit up as she looked at the Wyvern. "I've never had the chance to ride a wyvern. I'm going to enjoy this." Aline said. Octavia smiled. "Come on, I'll get you acquainted." The asentari waved over Miral, as she led Aline up to the Wyvern. Bethany turned to Kairi. She wanted to protest, go to Edaria with Aline, but she didn't doubt for a second that the girl, Rex, and a Wyvern would be able to handle the escort Duty.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Jun Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:06 pm

Kronos snorted at Aline. "No shit. I'd still say Sunshield hold. Who knows if they have family in Mondolin or elsewhere. Not that it matters, they'll be protected in either city. At least if they travel with Thorne in my ass, they'll have nothing to really worry about the entire way. We'll see if there's any horses left. Either way, I would still recommend everyone leaving. It won't take long for an opportunist like Hargrave to seize control and try to kill us if we linger too long. Bargain or not." The red head left and started to order the slaves around for horses and showing them, helping them. Unlike their former masters, these orders were much more respectful. The difference was practically jarring.

"I don't think we'd have to. If Beth and Miral also go with Kairi, that'd be great. Beth can then go towards Edaria later. Or just follow us on horseback. We both better get back as soon as possible, Octavia. I'll probably get reamed a little for this side quest without permission anyways. Best not keep Alura waiting." He looked at Kronos and lingered his gaze on his rival perhaps a little longer than he should have. "Try not to die before we meet again, Kronos." The blond Asentari spat before getting close to Saelie and let the beast sniff him some more before waiting for Octavia's permission to get aboard.

The red head grinned maliciously towards the blond and gave him a very rude gesture before going about his business. They were soon ready to head out with carts and spare horses for the rest of the little troupe that would be escorting them or couldn't fit on the flying beast. Kronos took point and started a light gallop away from the wretched city...

Jun
Jun
Expert
Expert

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:33 pm

Kairi nodded at Kronos and Rex's suggestions. Rex and Octavia, along with Saelie the Wyvern, should be enough to get Aline safely back to Edaria, which meant that the liberated slaves were the priority now. "That was going to be my suggestion also. They can rest and recover in Sunshield Hold, then we can worry about reuniting them with any family later." Miral gestured to Inara, and the ocelot followed Miral to Kairi's side. The Eldross smiled at her feline companion. "Not bad. Your timing was excellent." The ocelot eyed her friend warily. I'm not doing it again. Miral chuckled before turning to Kairi. "I will go with you. I will be heading back to Sindaron for a while and Sunshield Hold is as safe a place to rest as any." Kairi nodded with a smile before turning to Bethany. "What about you Bethany? You're always welcome at the Hold, and we could use a skilled fighter like yourself to get these people there. There's no obligation to do so of course. The choice is entirely yours." Kairi began to round up the surviving slaves and organize them into a orderly party.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:00 pm

"Yeah ok. And don't worry, we'll be back before she knows it. Hopefully I can escape before the shouting starts." Octavia said, then while Aline and Rex were letting Saelie get used to them, Octavia joined Miral. "This has been fun. If you ever need anything, come to Edia and ask for me. Even if its just to talk." She offered Miral a hug before returning to Saelie and getting Aline up in the saddle.

Kairi turned and asked Bethany what she planned to do, inviting her along to help protect the freed slaves. "I think I will, yes. We're going for drinks when we reach the hold, I'm sober and it's starting to hurt." She said with a laugh. Aline was safe, no one had died, and they'd crippled this hellhole. "Oh, now that I think about it, where's the Undari?" Bethany asked. Kronos took off ahead of the carts, followed by Saelie and her three pasengers. "Come on, you can tell me while we walk."

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2