Asmir Ka'lesa: Dawn Of A New Age
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics
» Ghosts of the Past - Aftermath
by Orgoth Yesterday at 12:29 am

» The Reluctant Warrior (Open)
by Orgoth Yesterday at 12:16 am

» Gohan Maedar Skill Sheet
by Orgoth Sun May 05, 2024 3:16 am

» Gohan Maedar
by Jun Sat May 04, 2024 2:12 am

» Stormbreak (Undead Event Part 2)
by Jun Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:19 pm

» The battle for Medin Taji(Jun, Orgoth)
by Jun Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:35 pm

» Duty and War(Rowan/Yavanna Rank Up)
by Orgoth Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:01 pm

» A Dragon's Heart (Part 1)
by The Narrator Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:49 am

» The Gathering Storm (Undead Event Part 1)
by The Narrator Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:33 am

Affiliates

Encounter in Zadartis? Shor-ly you can't be serious!

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Encounter in Zadartis? Shor-ly you can't be serious! Empty Encounter in Zadartis? Shor-ly you can't be serious!

Post by Orgoth Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:45 pm

After walking for what seemed like an eternity, Fayla spotted the grey form of the city of Zadartis in the distance. Zadartis would be her last stop before turning north and heading for Sunshield Hold, and then home. This period of adventure was the longest she had been away from home so far, and she was bracing for a telling off from two sources: Yavanna, for falling short against Korroth, and her mother, for being away too long. Her uncle, Rowan Aratris, had accompanied Fayla to Zadartis from Zendar, while Vala had gone in the other direction to Kyrias. Rowan was heading towards Sunshield Hold for a spell, and he had expressed interest in joining them. The veteran Eldari had left the Eternal Watch in acrimonious circumstances, having been used as a pawn by a particularly nefarious member of the Golden Council in a scheme to create even more dissension between the Eldari and Heanta. Rowan had uncovered the plot and returned to Gilderan to confront the councillor, though he stopped short of killing the man in his rage. Ultimately though, the whole debacle had left a sour taste, so Rowan disavowed himself from the Watch and left Sindaron. Meanwhile, Fayla and Vala had engaged Korroth and Knightfall, a pair of Heanta murderers who were sent by the Warlord to kill the two of them. Fayla and Vala lured them to Karem, though Korroth's destructive power meant that they couldn't contain him in the city, and they fled out into the forest. It was there that Rowan had come to their rescue, having hitched a ride back with one of his Gryphon-rider friends in the watch, driving off the two Heanta. After some rest in Zendar, Fayla and Vala parted ways, agreeing to meet near Serenity Vlley in two weeks.

Once Fayla and Rowan reached Zadartis, they agreed to part ways there. Fayla was going to rest up and get suppies in the city, while Rowan continued on to Sunshield Hold. Fayla was still healing from her injuries she accrued during the fight in Karem, so she took it slow on her way home. Rowan checked in her in her room in one of Zadartis' inns, before he bid farewell and left. Fayla slept like a log overnight, before getting dressed and heading downstairs the next morning. She ordered eggs and bacon from the innkeeper and took a seat beside the window. She stared outside as rain began to fall in the Zadartis streets and sighed. She already missed Vala, but in truth she missed her home a lot more keenly. She missed her mother and Yavanna, and even uncle Merlin. Her thoughts then drifted to Lilian, the talented and beautiful Human she had met in this very city months ago. Fayla had been her usual brash and immature self that night, showing off and generally being obnoxious when Lilian happened across her being attacked by crooks in the street. She was fascinated with Lilian almost immediately, admiring the composure and humility that she possessed despite her years. Her feelings had only intensified when Fayla and Vala accompanied Lilian and her father Andreas to a ruined encampment in the Vultani Jungle. There, she had let her feelings for the Human slip out when she kissed her in the cave below the ruins, before having another encounter in Lilian's house in Mith Silvanus afterwards. At this point, Fayla and Lilian talked for some time about their feelings, and Fayla decided to postpone moving forward with things, as the Eldari was massively inexperienced with such things and didn't want to hurt Lilian down the line. Fayla was convinced she had done the right thing, and she was going to talk to her mother and Yavanna about it when she got back.

Once she had finished her meal, Fayla paid the innkeeper before pulling up her hood and braving the torrents out in the city. She visited the market and stocked up on fruit and rations for the journey, before taking a trip to the bowyer to get Vigilance tuned up and restock her arrows. The smithy was next, as Grace had been through a lot recently and there was only so much maintenance she could do on the road before a proper smith was needed, before finishing at a tailor shop, where she refreshed her travel outfit and got her cloak repaired. She waited patiently in the front of the shop in a simple white tunic that covered her down to mid-thigh, olive tights and soft grey boots. The feeling of new clothes reminded her of when she had to borrow some of Lilian's pristine wardrobe, so she sat there happily waiting for her travel clothes to be finished.

Last edited by Orgoth on Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Miral Nerys and Inara R-1 Eldross
Yavanna Elbereth E-1 Eldari
Armagand Kor A-5 Asentari
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Kanetsugu Nakamura A-5 Kijin
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Experience : 1783

Resources
Resources: 31640

https://asmir-doana.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Encounter in Zadartis? Shor-ly you can't be serious! Empty Re: Encounter in Zadartis? Shor-ly you can't be serious!

Post by Zenke Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:03 pm

A young girl with dark blonde hair and lightly tanned skin walked through the streets of Zedartis city, her travelling clothing in tatters from a hard journey. She had hazel eyes, and a very small gold gem set into her forehead. She looked as if she'd been mauled by wolves. But she'd actually run afoul of a pair of hungry heanta stalking the wilds for food, who had promptly mauled her thinking her a human. Unfortunately she was not a human, and did not take kindly to being mauled, as the claws were already out. Umbra responded with Talons, and after a brief bloody scuffle, walked away the victor. The scratches and cuts had long healed, but her clothing was bloody, and she looked a mess.

It would be a relief to finally get some rest, have a bath and go about finding Rory. Myth Silvanus wasn't quite as she expected. For one thing, the citadel at its centre wasn't very impressive or silver, and she hadn't seen a single Mondolin crest. The flag didn't look right either. Stepping into a tailor, she was greeted with a ding of a bell. A girl sat in a chair, probably a customer. "Welcome to the Gilded Goose, finest tailor in Zedartis." A woman at the far end of the room said,as the woman who spoke looked up at her, and screamed "Oh my god dear are you alright? You look like you've been mauled by a pack of wolves!" Umbra was still processing the womans greeting. "Actually it was a pair of heanta. Am I in Mondolin?" She asked. The woman turned pale, and looked like she was about to faint. "You need a doctor!" The woman said. "I'm fine. It was a few days ago. Can you stitch up my clothes?" The woman looked at her, shaking. "Of.. Of course dear. Just go take them off and I'll have them good as new in no time."

Umbra began to undress and the woman turned pink. "What are you doing? Use a changing room dear." She said, pointing them out. Umbra frowned. "But this is faster." She said, then shrugged. She stepped into the changing room, undressed and came out. Her shoulders and neck were laced with scars, and she had gold set into the skin of her shoulders and down her back. The woman shrieked and pushed her back in. "Changing rooms are for changing." Then threw a handful of clean clothes at her. "Put those on." She said, taking Umbra's tattered travelling gear. Umbra did as she was told, then sat down across from the other girl and looked around perplexed. "What a strange woman." She said, examining the green tunic and dark pants the woman had given her.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Octavia Velerius A-5 Asentari
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Umbra Moonfall A-5 Heanta
Koranna "Kora" Merciallus A-5 Asentari
Gwyneth "Gwyn" Ferrum Aurora A-5 Human
Mist, The Explosive Assassin A-5 Half-Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Experience : 2032

Resources
Resources: 26880

Back to top Go down

Encounter in Zadartis? Shor-ly you can't be serious! Empty Re: Encounter in Zadartis? Shor-ly you can't be serious!

Post by Orgoth Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:44 am

Fayla was happily humming to herself when a blonde-haired woman with lightly tanned skin walked in to the tailor shop. The shopkeeper screamed just as Fayla's eyes widened and the Eldari gasped. The newcomer was clothed in blood-soaked and heavily torn clothing, and the shopkeeper was horrified at the scene, asking if the woman was alright. The young woman mentioned that it was a pair of Heanta that attacked her, before asking if she was in Mondolin. Fayla answered in confusion. "No? This is Zadartis... in the Free Lands." The shopkeeper told the woman that she needed a doctor, to which she replied that she was fine as it was a few days ago, and asked if the shopkeep could fix her clothes. When she was told to take them off, she began to remove her clothing immediately. Fayla's face began to transition to the color of strawberries as the shopkeep told her to use the changing room. The woman was confused, but acquiesced and stepped into the changing room. Fayla took a deep breath, but nearly had a heart attack when she emerged with her clothes in her hands, completely naked. She tried to avert her eyes but couldn't, until the shopkeep ushered her back into the changing room. Fayla's face was now the color of a tomato, but she did notice that the woman had no actual wounds on her, despite the blood on her clothing.

Composing herself quickly, Fayla began humming again until the stranger returned, wearing a tunic and pants. The woman seemed confused by the shopkeep's reaction to her removing her clothing. Fayla looked at her curiously, wondering what the story was behind this one. "I'm sure she meant nothing by it." Fayla began twiddling her thumbs, before thinking of something else to say. "So attacked by Heanta, huh? I can go teach them a lesson if you like." The Eldari pursed her lips nervously. "By the way, you must have some nifty healing skills. There's barely a scratch on you." The Eldari suddenly went dangerously red again. "Uh... not that I was paying too much attention, mind you."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:09 pm

The girl sitting in the chair spoke up and told her she was in the freelands. "Still? But I walked so far!" Umbra complained as the woman pushed her away. When she sat down across from the girl and commented on the strange behavior, the girl responded, telling her it probably meant nothing. Umbra nodded. She looked at the brown haired girl as she asked about being attacked by heanta. "Yep. Just my luck. I almost got kidnapped by bandits last week. Didn't know they were bandits at the time. They were very friendly until they tried to tie me up." Umbra said. The girl said about teaching the heanta a lesson and Umbra shook her head. "Oh there's no need for that. I had a.. Stern chat.. With them." She replied.

The girl commented on Umbra having some nifty healing skills because she wasn't wounded. Then she turned red like a tomato as she told Umbra that she hadn't been paying to much attention. "Don't worry, I don't mind." Umbra said with a smile. "But no.." She paused, almost forgetting herself. "Yes. I do. you could say I'm a natural." Umbra said. Umbra stood up, and sat down next to the girl. "I'm Umbra. And you are? By the way did you know you've turned red." Umbra asked her. Sitting closer also gave her a chance to get a better look at the girl, and she noticed the stranger had pointed ears.

Umbra stood up quickly, turning away as she tried to hide the mild shock on her face. She had never met an eldari before, only heard about them. She didn't think she had a reason to dislike them personally, but her people had been at war with them for years and years. This strange girl didn't seem like a bad person though. Well, if Vala could have an Eldari as a best friend, maybe Umbra could try it too. "Eh.. So, you're an eldari.. How's that going for you? The whole heanta eldari fued, that must be wild." Umbra said. She looked at the eldari, then turned away shyly.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:29 am

Fayla eyed the woman curiously as she revealed that she had been attacked by bandits on the road posing as nice people, but she had given them a stern talking to. Fayla had a feeling the "stern chat" was like when Vala had a "stern chat" with Merlin's friend Yurei back in Zendar. Except instead of chatting it was punching, and instead of stern it was violent. The woman didn't seem to mind Fayla's nosiness, and she seemed to change her answer to Fayla's inquiry about her healing abilities mid-sentence, claiming she was a natural. Fayla pursed her lips awkwardly, but didn't say anything. The woman then introduced herself as Umbra, before pointing out that Fayla was still an unhelpful shade of rhubarb. The Eldari shook her head, before offering a handshake. "I'm Fayl- Rose! Rose Firemane." Fayla immediately straightened up and assumed a poor approximation of an air of sophistication. "A pleasure, Miss Umbra."

Fayla stood up quickly when Umbra suddenly did. Umbra turned to hide her face for a moment, and Fayla stood there looking perplexed. "What? What is it? Why are we standing?" Umbra seemed to think for a moment, before turning back around. She asked Fayla about being an Eldari, and about the Eldari-Heanta beef that was well-documented. Fayla raised an eyebrow suspiciously. "I guess it's fine? No wilder than any other feud?" Fayla's eyes suddenly widened as she realized something horrifying. "Wait a minute!" She jabbed an accusatory finger at Umbra, pouting like a child that has just realized it's her bedtime, but Umbra got to stay up late. "What is this magic? I knew there was something not right here." Fayla looked the woman dead in the eye and whispered threateningly. "How do you know I'm an Eldari?"

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:52 pm

Umbra shook the girl's hand, as the girl introduced herself. "Faylrose Rose Firemane. What an... interesting name." Umbra said. "The pleasure is all mine. I'm going to call you Rose for short, ok?" When Umbra stood up she heard Rose's chair shift behind her, and the girl asked why they were standing. "Well I'm hardly going to roll across the floor." Umbra responded. Rose responded to her question, and didn't respond with "I kill every heanta on sight, even babies" which was reassuring, but then suddenly became suspicious of Umbra. Umbra blanched as Rose jabbed an accusatory finger at her. Umbra was worried she'd been discovered trying to befriend the most perceptive Eldari in existance, which wouldn't be a surprise with her luck. Maybe the demon matrix on her forehead gave her away but then the girl asked suddenly how Umbra had known she was an Eldari.

Letting out a sigh of relief that the girl hadn't miraculously figured her out, Umbra raised one hand to the side of Fayla's head, then the other hand, and gently pinched her pointed ears between her fingers. "You have pointed ears. Unless these are a horrific birth defect, in which case I'm really sorry. Also you have brown hair and yellow eyes." Umbra said, meeting the girls Green eyes. "Oh you have green eyes." Umbra said. She let Rose's ears go. "Wait a minute. You are an Eldari, right? Cause I don't like being lied to." Umbra said, unaware of the irony. Umbra turned away, sitting in a chair opposite Fayla. "I know I just met you, but can I trust you, Faylrose Rose Firemane?" Umbra asked. "Since you seem to know the city, do you think you could show me around? And not stab me with a big knife in an alley?" Umbra asked.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:58 am

Fayla cocked her head to the side when Umbra took her name to be 'Faylrose Rose Firemane'. She was about to try and correct this when Umbra asked if she could call her 'Rose' for short. Fayla beamed with relief. "Yes! Yes you can! In fact, I encourage it!" It would do. Less complicated than to explain the error. The girl seemed not to bright compared to the genius intellect that was Faylandrea Shor! When Fayla asked why they were standing, Umbra simply responded that they couldn't roll across the floor. Fayla blanked, in both mind and expression. "Yes. This is correct." Umbra started to pale when Fayla began to question how she knew Fayla was an Eldari, and Fayla grew excited as she began to believe that she was unraveling some great plot, before Umbra reached up and pinched her pointed ears. Fayla relaxed, a little disappointed that her brilliance was undone in an instant. Umbra also pointed out that Fayla had yellow eyes, only to correct herself when she realized that Fayla in fact had green eyes.

Umbra suddenly became suspicious herself, and questioned if Fayla was really an Eldari, stating that she was not fond of being deceived. Fayls's eyes widened and she held up her hands pleadingly. "No no, wait! I am an Eldari! I swear! My dad is Eldross, that's why my eyes are green. I'm not lying, I promise!" Fayla had no idea how she went from accuser to the accused, but Umbra seemed to be happy with the answer. She asked Fayla if she could trust her. Fayla nodded with relief. "Yes, absolutely. I am the trustworthiest Eldari you could ever meet." Umbra then asked if Fayla could show her around the city, as the Eldari knew Zadartis better than her. Fayla grinned happily. "I will do just that." She then looked horrified when she realized the second part of the question. "I mean, show you around that is! Not the stabbing bit. I don't even have a big knife anyway." She glanced at Grace, the sheathed sword resting against the wall beside her chair. She looked wide-eyed at Umbra. "I mean... I do have a big knife... well it's more of a sword... but it's still good for stabbing... not you of course... it will be bad at stabbing you, I'll make sure of it! Promise!" Fayla grinned hoping that the more teeth she showed, the more sincere she looked. She was truly a master tactician.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:32 am

Rose quickly defended herself when Umbra accused her of not being an Eldari, explaining that she had green eyes because her father was an eldross. Umbra nodded serenely now that she knew she wasn't being lied too. "Of course, of course. That makes so much sense. What's an eldross?" She responded with Umbra's request to show her around with optimism, but quickly couldn't decide whether or not she would infact stab Umbra with a big knife. She went so far as to claim she didn't have a big knife, but she did have a sword. Umbra nodded in agreement that a sword was very much like a big knife, it certainly fit the requirement for stabbing in that it was pointly. But Rose mentioned that it would be bad at stabbing her and promised to make sure it would be, which insinuated that she still might try. But if she tried and it didn't work, then that was good enough.

"I accept these terms. Any attempted bad stabbing will be met with impressive healing so don't bother. Also I have two knives. They're not very big, but I can probably badly stab you back so keep that in mind. Mainly because I can't use them but forget you heard that. I don't like people knowing they're just decorative. Or that I'm bad at something." Umbra said. Then she waited for the woman to return with her clothes. And return she did, but with Rose's clothes. Umbra sighed as the woman told her it would be a few hours. "Very well. I'll be back." Umbra said, walking out the door. She immediately returned for her bag, and Rose. She decided to quickly change, forgetting that she wasn't supposed to do it infront of people.

The woman shoved her into a changing booth as her tunic flew off, and slammed the curtain shut. There was even a bang as if it were a door, and then she heard the woman curse in pain. Umbra pulled a dress from her bag, a frilly white and blue dress with short skirts. it had a wide neck that left most of her shoulders and her gold implants bare, along with some of her back and just enough bust to show off. Perfect for walking around a strange city in. Plus, it suited her skin. She also changed into a pair of black high heels, going around in just socks would be silly.

Umbra handed the spare clothes and her bag to the woman. "Mind that, thanks, if anything's missing I'll eat your family." Umbra said as she grabbed Rose's hand and trotted out the door. She stopped dead in the street. "Ok, where too?" Umbra asked Rose. "Hey, while we're walking, I've got a hypothetical question for you. So, say you met a heanta right now, and they just wanted to be friends and they had white hair and gold eyes and curly horns, and were just standing right beside you asking you a hypothetical question, what would you do? Don't forget that wanting to be friends part." Umbra asked Rose.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:21 pm

Fayla frowned slightly when Umbra asked what an Eldross was. It was becoming clear why the girl was behaving in such a curious manner. Umbra was clearly a very sheltered individual. "They're... sort of like Eldari. They have nautre powers and stuff. They used to live in Harodiel just north of here, but that area is a ruin now. There's not many Eldross left these days." Umbra seemed to accept Fayla's bungled attempt at assuring her that she wasn't going to stab her, before remarking that while her healing was impressive, her skills with her own knives were not so, before also noting that she hated people knowing that her knives were essentially just decorative, or knowing that she wasn't good at something. Fayla was about pipe up when the tailor lady returned with her travel gear and clothes. She hopped up excitedly and took the gear from her. "Hey, thanks!" She passed the tailor a fistful of coins from her pouch before piling the garments into her backpack.

The tailor then informed Umbra that her clothes would take a good deal longer, so Umbra decided to comeback later when the job was done. Umbra promptly left the shop, without Fayla or her bag, before returning for both. For some reason, Umbra then decided to undress again, only for the tailor to shove her into the changing booth again, slamming the curtains closed with such force that she banged her hand off the wall. The woman looked at Fayla for any kind of explanation, but all the Eldari could do was shrug and smile sheepishly. Umbra reappeared shortly afterwards, dressed in what could only be described as an eye-drawing formal function costume, short frilly dress with strategically low hem combined with high heels. Fayla's eyes widened with shock, not only at the brazenness of walking around a Free Lands city in such attire, but at the gold metal pieces that seemed to be embedded in Umbra's skin.

Umbra handed her bag and the spare clothes over to the exasperated tailor, telling her to mind her belongings and threatening to eat her family if there was anything missing when she returned. The tailor nodded and took the items, storing them behind the counter and looking more confused than afraid. Fayla cocked her head slightly, also confused. She didn't have time to  consider this for long, as Umbra then grabbed her hand and pulled her out into the street. She stopped once outside to ask where to go. Fayla shurgged slightly as she realized that there wasn't actually much for tourists in Zadartis. "I'm not actually sure what to show you. There's not much in Zadartis really..." A thought suddenly struck Fayla as her belly rumbled with hunger. "Actually, I could really go for a bite to eat. Wanna come to the inn I'm staying at for a bit of dinner?" Not only would food be helpful now, but it would buy her some time to think of anything else in the city to show the peculiar young woman. Umbra then asked a very strange hypothetical question as they walked. The question involved a very specifically described Heanta wanting to be friends with Fayla. The description of the Heanta quite closely resembled Umbra, minus the horns, which she found curious. What made the situation even stranger was that when you combined this question with the other strange things Umbra had said, namely the threat to eat the tailor's family and her mysterious healing powers, Umbra could almost pass for a Heanta. She didn't look like one though, in particular she was missing horns. Fayla pondered it for a moment before offering her answer. "It would depend. As long as the Heanta was honest and didn't lie to me, or try to kill me for that matter, I wouldn't mind them."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:06 pm

Rose filled Umbra in on what an Eldross was, and she gave a satisfied nod. "I've never heard about that. Tell me more later." She said. She had a ton of questions about it, and wondered why she'd never be told about it before. Rose wasn't sure where to go first, so suggested they go to get food. Umbra nodded. "I am very hungry. If they have nice chicken, I'm in. The inn I stayed in in Oleas had some of the tastiest food around. Not to mention some tasty guests." She said, becoming slightly more quiet as Fayla answered her question. Umbra hummed at the answer as she considered it. Had she technically lied to Rose? She never said she wasn't a heanta, or that she was human. "What do you consider as lying?" Umbra asked in response to Fayla's reply.

Umbra sensed that Rose had become more serious at Umbra's line of questioning, and if she continued to stall she might upset the Eldari. The longer she held off before telling her what she was, the less likely Rose would take it well. She still kept her mouth shut, becoming rather pensive as they walked and didn't speak again until they arrived at the inn and were sitting in a relatively quiet booth in the corner. A waitress took their order, A whole chicken for Umbra and some of their sparkly wine, something similar to the drink she'd had in Oleas, and vanished into the Inn to take care of it leaving her and Rose alone to talk.

"I have to be honest with you Rose. Although I don't think I've actually told a lie so you can't be mad..." Umbra paused, looking around the room. "That whole hypothetical question thing wasn't hypothetical. I am a heanta." She said. "But My real name is Umbra and I don't mean you any harm so before you try to stab me can you give me a moment to explain myself?" Umbra pleaded. "Or I can leave. I don't want to fight though."

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:43 pm

Umbra greed to go and get food with Fayla, noting that inn in Oleas had really good food... and tasty guests? Fayla said nothing in response, until Umbra asked about what the Eldari considered to be lying. She thought for a moment before responding with a level tone. "Not telling the truth, I guess." Umbra seemed to consider this, going silent until they reached the inn Fayla was staying at. They were seated at a booth away from most of the otehr patrons, and a waitresscame over to see what they wanted. Umbra ordered a whole chicken and a goblet of sparkling wine. Fayla simply ordered a salad and glass of apple juice, and the waitress sped off to get their order.

Umbra then decided that the time was right to reveal what she really was, that her hypothetical question was actually referring to herself, Umbra was the Heanta she referred to. Fayla folded her arms, secretly proud of herself that her hunch had been correct. "I thought so." Umbra then quickly moved to explain that Umbra was in fact her real name, and that she didn't mean Fayla any harm nor did she want a fight. She asked for a moment to explain before Fayla tried to stab her, and the Eldari shook her head. "I don't want to stab you. I'm not as hardcore anti-your-people as other Eldari. I'm pretty cool with everybody, provided they don't try and eat, stab, otherwise damage my friends." Fayla sat back in her chair, satisfied that Umbra was now being fully honest with her now. "Okay then, tell me your story."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:35 pm

Umbra sighed with relief when Rose explained her feeling towards heanta, and that she'd slowly guessed what Umbra was. ”You know I kind of got that vibe off you when we met.” Umbra said. Fayla told her to tell her story, so Umbra did. "Well lets see where to start. The beginning is kind of self explanatory, so we'll skip that bit. I'm a heanta so you know where I grew up. My second name is Moonfall, I'm the daughter of the Moonfall clan rulers. I have a brother, he's a bit of a pest but he did save my life so I have to like him for that." Umbra went on to tell Rose about her childhood, how she'd been sickly but found a passion in painting. ”I could paint you sometime if you like.” She said before quickly continuing. She skipped over her torture, but mentioned how she got the gold in her skin.

”It's actually enchanted Aurilium, not gold. My brother did some sort of hocus pocus to do it, I didn't really understand but it makes me stronger so I dont complain.” She skipped on, talking about her most recent raid. ”I didn't enjoy it. I've never understood why we do such things, but you know how it is. Anyway, I met this knight named Rory. We fought, I was totally winning when someone else hit him with a hammer. He got captured, and I did my best to make sure he ended up as my slave. It sounds mean, probably to you, but he would have been tortured by the warlord. It didn't matter though.” She said. She told Fayla what happened after that, up until the point Vala showed up.

”I'm best friends with Valatrix of the hornless clan, you probably don't know her but her grandfather was a big deal. She's actually best friends with an Eldari, most of my people think she's a joke or a traitor. I think its a bit weird but, hey I'm talking to you and I'm starting to wonder why our people hate each other. Honestly you're really nice, not to mention gorgeous. Anyway, Vala showed up to rescue Rory, turns out their friends too. I decided to help them escape. Dont worry, they made it out of Kyrias. Vala's mother told me so before I left.” Umbra said. ”So that's my story.”

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:28 pm

Umbra expressed relief when Fayla told her that she had no intention of stabbing her, and that she got on well with more-or-less errybody. The Heanta then began her tale, understandably skipping over the more well-known details of Heanta childhood. She mentioned her family, namely her clan name of Moonfall and her brother who apparently annoys her but saved her life also. Fayla smiled, half to herself and half to Umbra. "I have a friend like that..." Umbra went on to explain the less orthodox aspects of her childhood, that she had been a sickly child but developed a gift for painting. She offered to paint Fayla at some stage, and the Eldari shrugged. "Maybe some other time."

Umbra then got to a topic that Fayla found quite interesting. The Heanta explained how she got the golden metal plates that covered her body. The metal was actually Aurillium, and it had been subject to advanced magical manipulation, granting Umbra powerful abilities in the process. Fayla listened intently. "That's amazing. I know a girl called Lilian in Mondolin who has an enchanted metal arm. She's amaz- I mean, her arm is amazing." Fayla blushed but continued to listen as Umbra then went on to describe a raid she had been part of recently. To Fayla's suprise, Umbra told her that she didn't like raiding, and never understood why her people did it. "Believe me, no one else does either."

Fayla was then shocked when Umbra mentioned that she had met Rory on her raid, and actually ended up fighting him before he was knocked out by another Heanta. They took him to Kyrias where Umbra tried to make sure Rory ended up as her slave in order to keep him safe. Fayla stared at Umbra. "Please tell me you and your people didn't damage him. He's Lilian's best friend." Umbra then told her that Vala turned up to rescue him. The Heanta then went into a description of Vala, saying that Vala was her best friend and telling Fayla all about her. She went on to tell Fayla that her people think of Vala as a traitor or a joke for having an Eldari best friend, before expressing confusion at the hatred between the Heanta and Eldari, noting that Fayla was really nice and complimenting her beauty, causing Fayla to turn the color of rhubarb again. "Oh, um... thank you."

Umbra continued, revealing that Vala turned up to rescue Rory soon after, returning him to Mondolin after Umbra helped them escape Kyrias. Fayla exhaled deeply with relief. "Phew, that's a relief. I was afraid I'd have to go to Kyrias myself and kick up a storm." Fayla waited for Umbra to finish, before offering a bombshell of her own. "Hey, speaking of Vala, would you believe that her Eldari best friend is me?" The waitress returned with their drinks while the food was being prepared, and Fayla took a swig of juice before continuing. "I met her nearly twenty years ago, and we've been friends since then."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:45 pm

Umbra tilted her head as Rose pitched in about a girl named Lilian who had an enchanted metal arm. She noticed Rose's blush as she told her how amazing the girl was, before quickly changing to the arm. "Fascinating. I never knew such a thing was possible. How did she lose her arm? Wait actually, was it by chance at the hands of Korroth? Rory told me about a friend of his who lost her arm that way." She said, before continuing. Umbra was surpirsed to find out Rose knew Rory. "Huh, small world. I shot him in the leg, but I think he forgave me for that. But he's ok."

Umbra's compliment cause Rose to blush deeply. Umbra's eyes twinkled mischievously at the sight. When she told Rose about Vala, and how she and Rory had escaped safely, the girl reacted strangely. Umbra listened as she told her that she was infact Vala's eldari best friend. Umbra laughed at her joke. "You're funny, Rose, but I'm not that easily tricked. Vala's friend is Faylandrea Shor." Umbra said. Then she stopped dead and pouted at Fayla. "You're name isn't Rose, is it? You lied to me." She said. But she quickly got over that, smiling. "You're really Faylandrea? I'm going to call you Andrea for short, cause that name is a mouthful." Umbra said.

"This is great! I have so many questions! First, who's stronger you or Vala? I bet it's Vala, no offense. Do you have any embarrassing stories about Vala? How did you two meet? I met her a few years back. She helped me through some bad stuff." Umbra said. Her gaze momentarily wondered as she reflected on it, then the mischievous glint returned to her eyes as she though of the most important question. "I have to know, are you two lovers?"

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:17 pm

Umbra seemed astonished at the concept of Lilian's enchanted limb, before correctly surmising that the Human had lost her arm fighting Korroth, as Rory had told her a similar story. Fayla nodded seriously. "That's the one. Korroth's a bastard. I encountered him recently actually. I totally battered him too." Umbra then noted that she had shot Rory in the leg, but he had forgiven her for it and he wasn't permanently damaged. Fayla nodded in relief. "As long as he's okay." When it came to the point of Fayla revealing that she was Vala's best friend, Umbra laughed in total disbelief, telling Fayla that she knew Vala's Eldari best friend's name was Faylandrea. Fayla smiled sheepishly as Umbra then connected the dots and realized that Rose was not the Eldari's real name.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I always use a pretend name when I'm out in the Free Lands. Attracts less attention that way. I have a different name for every city. Rose Firemane is my Zadartis name." Umbra then offered to call her Andrea, as it was easier than Faylandrea. Fayla held out her hands pleadingly. "No please, Fayla is what everyone calls me." Umbra then launched into an inquiry of her own, first asking who was stronger out of Fayla and Vala, expecting it to be Vala. Fayla pouted immaturely. "No, not true. Nuh-uh." The Eldari then relaxed. "I mean, it's about the same. I think I might be a bit ahead because I'm taller and cleverer, but I mean that's neither here nor there, really." She smiled before mumbling under her breath. "But really I'm stronger..."

Umbra asked if Fayla had any embarrassing stories about Vala. Fayla thought about it. "I can't think of anything off the top of my head... well, there was this one time she got stabbed by an assassin called Knightfall. That was kind of embarrassing. That was the same fight where I battered Korroth. I have more, I just can't think of any right now." Umbra then asked how Fayla and Vala met, telling the Eldari that she herself had met Vala a few years back when Vala had helped her out of a tough spot once. Fayla stroked her chin in thought. "Well, she was part of a raiding party that attacked a village in Endaron, almost twenty years ago. I was in the village on a training assignment. The village was taken unawares and destroyed, and I was nearly killed by one of her raiding party before she saved me and let me go. I repaid her some time later when I helped her take out a Dying Suns camp in the Eldari-Heanta buffer zone. We've been friends ever since."

Fayla's eyes widened in shock when Umbra asked if she and Vala were lovers. She shook her head vehemently. "No, that's disgusting. We're like, sisters almost. She's the short angry one and I'm the taller clever one." Fayla relaxed as their food finally arrived. The waitress placed Fayla's salad in front of her and Umbra's chicken opposite it. Fayla brushed stray bangs of hair behind her ears and began to eat. She spoke to Umbra through a mouthful of salad. "What about you? Are you and Vala... lovers?"

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:10 pm

Umbra looked at Fayla and raised an eyebrow. "Strange, because Vala told me she battered him." She said. Fayla explained why she had lied about her name and Umbra pouted. "But you would have saved so much trouble. I've sold paintings all across the freelands and I dont hide my name." She said. Fayla told her to call her Fayla and Umbra frowned. "Andrea's better but fine. You're as bad as Trixie." Umbra said. Umbra tilted her head. "Well, there is only one way to settle it. Last time I faught Vala, she kicked my ass, so if we fight and I win, then I'm stronger than both of you. Oh and Vala's stronger than you I guess."

Umbra giggled. "That is embarrassing." She agreed. She listened to Fayla's story of how they had met, and how she had later repaid the favor. Umbra starred at Fayla with a curious gaze as she considered her. "Hmm. That does seem like Vala. She was very cold to me at first, but she was also nice. Is she like that with you?" Umbra asked curiously. Fayla's reaction to Umbra's last question made her burst out laughing. "It's hardly disgusting, you're both attractive and young. Life is too short to not enjoy, even for us." Umbra said. Fayla asked her the same question, albiet hesitantly. "It hasn't happened yet, but I wouldn't be against it." She said.

She looked at Fayla, then she smiled mischievously. "Besides that though, if you're not Vala's lover, then are you taken? Because I think you're really cute, especially when you blush." Umbra said, giving Fayla a suggestive smile. "I could think of a few things we could do, instead of touring the city. If you'd like."

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:30 am

Fayla frowned when Umbra told her that Vala had said that she had battered Korroth. "Well, of course she'd say that. I mean, who are ya gonna believe? Vala, or an Eldari you already known for like, an hour at least?" Umbra then lamented that Fayla telling her who she really was would have made things easier, and that Umbra uses her real name all the time. Fayla shrugged and looked sheepish. "It's just a habit I got into. When people in these Free Lands cities find out who I am, I keep getting challenged to fights. Others just try and kill me for the honor of killing Dalrodir Shor's granddaughter. It gets annoying really." Umbra then accepted Fayla's request to not call her Andrea, noting that the Eldari was just as bad as Trixie. Fayla snorted. "See? I call her Trixie too, and she complains at me." Umbra then stated that the only way to settle which of Vala and Fayla was strongest was for Fayla to fight Umbra, as Vala had already beaten Umbra. Fayla scrathced her head as she tried to process the concept. "But if I win, it doesn't prove anything."

Umbra listened intently to Fayla's story before agreeing that Vala had treated her the same way. Fayla nodded. "Yeah, pretty much. She was a typical Heanta at first - no offense - but when we got to know each other she became a big squishee teddy bear." Umbra then laughed at Fayla's response to being asked if she was involved with Vala, saying that it made sense because they were both attractive and young, a comment that made Fayla turn bright red again. She then denied being Vala's lover herself, but also left the door open for it a bit down the line. Fayla munched on her salad and didn't respond, unsure of what to do with this information.

Fayla was an easy target for what Umbra did next. The Heanta asked if she was involved with anyone else if not Vala, before telling the Eldari that she was cute when she blushed. Fayla continued eating salad while turning into a tomato herself, before realising that she had finished her salad and she was just shovelling air into her mouth. She put the fork down and looked everywhere except for Umbra. "Um... not really." Then Umbra suggested that they could do something else instead of touring the city, and her smile bore through Fayla like a lance. The Eldari reached the ultimate form of blushing, the Legendary Super Blush. When she spoke, it was with more fear than she had ever spoken before.

"Um, I'm actually am taken. Sort of. It's complicated. I love you - I mean, I think you're great and all.... but I'm not ready for that yet. I'm just Fayla and I don't know what to do with that kind of... stuff." Fayla took a deep breath, remembering that breathing was a vital function and not just an optional extra. "Um... you're very nice and pretty and lovely and... stuff, but I'm just not ready for that stuff." Fayla suddenly hit a moment of complete clarity. One of the problems she was having with her romanticky stuff, was that she no idea how to deal with her feelings for Lilian. She had made a point to ask her mother and Yavanna for advice when she got home, but maybe instead of bedroom stuff Umbra could givc her some advice. She mustered up all of the courage and bottle she had left, and managed to bring her gaze back to Umbra's face as she prodded the tips of her two index fingers together with nervousness.

"Actually can I ask you for some help? It's about a girl, and as you've seen I have no experience with this whatsoever." Fayla looked pleadingly at Umbra, looking every bit the confused young woman she was. "I thought... maybe you could give me some pointers? You seem to know what you're doing. You're confident and sure of yourself and beautiful and pretty... I've gone off topic... oh yeah! What do you think? Can you help me?" Fayla's face finally began to return to its normal color, and she was starting to breath easier. She wondered for a moment why she had never felt this way about men before, but had no real explanation.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:13 pm

"It proves.. something." Umbra said. Fayla told her how Vala was a typical heanta with her at first, but turned into a squishy teddy bear. Umbra frowned. "None taken, I'm not a typical heanta. A squishy teddy bear though? She's never acted that way with me." Umbra pouted. Not to mention she'd been pretty mean last time they'd talked. But she didn't let it get her down, because there was bigger fish to fry, such as Fayla who was turning redder as Umbra spoke. The girl eagerly spooned air into her mouth, looking every where but at Umbra. She reached dangerous levels of blush and Umbra was starting to worry she was going to give the girl an aneurysm.

Fayla's response was a confused jumble as she tried to tell Umbra she wasn't ready without hurting her feelings. Umbra let out a little giggle. "You are the most adorable thing I've ever met. Its ok, relax. Take a few deep breaths." Umbra said. "Don't worry, I understand you're not ready. We can just be friends.". Fayla seemed to relax, but her mind was clearly elsewhere as she fell silent. She eventually worked up the courage to look Umbra in the face again, and ask her for help with a girl. Umbra stopped herself short of asking if Fayla wanted her to show her a few techniques, worried the girl's head might explode. Instead she considered the question. "A girl? The girl in mondolin by any chance?" She asked.

She listened to Fayla explain that she didn't have a clue what she was doing, and went on to talk about how Umbra seemed to know what she was doing and that she basically amazing. "All things I know, but please don't stop." She replied. She let Fayla finished, then considered her carefully. "Hmm. I think I can give you a push in the right direction. I've had my fair share of encounters, but I've also had some meaningful romances. I can tell by you you're not looking for a fling. You want her, but you're confused?" Umbra asked.

"This girl, does she like you back?" Umbra asked. When Fayla nodded she continued. "Then the problem isn't attracting her, its you're inexperience. Have you ever felt like this about anyone else? Tell me about how she makes you feel. Don't be embarrassed, I'm not going to laugh at you." Umbra said. She waited and listened patiently.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:01 am

Fayla took Umbra's advice on board and slowed her breathing, taking in great lungfuls of air. Umbra seemed to sympathize with Fayla's plight, acknowledging that Fayla was a great big ball of not-ready-for-her-yet. Fayla nodded with great relief. "I'd like that please thank you." Umbra then asked if the girl Fayla referred to was the girl in Mondolin she had mentioned already. Fayla nodded sheepishly. "Um... yeah." Umbra seemed to consider her words with genuine interest for a moment. Fayla pushed her empty bowl to the side and folded her hands carefully in front of her, waiting patiently. Umbra eventually spoke, deciding to try and help the poor helpless Eldari in front of her. The Heanta reckoned she could help, given her superior experience, and correctly surmised that Fayla wasn't the kind of girl to be just looking for a fling, and that she was heavily conflicted about her feelings too.

Umbra then began her investigation into Fayla's situation, beginning with asking whether Fayla thought Lilian shared her feelings. Fayla thought about that for a moment, stroking her chin as she traveled back into the past to analyze her interactions with Lilian Toral. While their first meeting in Zadartis was simple fun, both reaching the final of the tournament there, Fayla hadn't really taken notice of her feelings at that point. She did feel a pang of sympathy for the Human, having full knowledge of the damage Korroth could do. It was only when Vala and Fayla went on the trip to the jungle with Lilian and her dad that Fayla was confronted with her first experience. When they were seperated from Vala and Andreas, when Fayla accidentally kissed Lilian in that dark dungeon. When she witnessed the bravery and awesomeness of Lilian when she saved a badly injured Fayla from the monstrosity they found down there. When Fayla accidentally walked in on Lilian that day in Mondolin. Those were the moments that defined what Fayla felt. They talked about it for what seemed like an eternity, at least Fayla wished it was. Lilian had a little bit more experience than Fayla did at this sort of thing, and Fayla trusted her words. She looked at Umbra, a conclusion reached and a decision made, and she nodded with a smile.

Umbra then continued her analysis, submitting that it wasn't Fayla's or Lilian's feelings holding her back, it was Fayla's lack of experience. She asked another probing question, asking how Lilian made her feel, and if she ever felt that way about anybody else. Fayla's eyes widened a bit at this request, but she took a deep breath, and began her tale. "Never. I've had little inklings here and there, oh this boy is cute and so on. The usual stuff. But when it comes to women, they seem to hit me a lot harder and I get more flustered, as you have witnessed. Lilian then takes it to a whole other level. When I'm with her, I just want to never leave her side. I love everything about her, from her eyes and hair to her bravery and strength. She's brave and clever and talented... and that smile, wow... and I get this pain in my chest when she leaves... like my heart is going to jump out and follow her... and when she looks at me I turn into jelly and say stupid things..." Fayla trailed off before shaking her head and returning to the present. "Sorry. Well, that's more or less it. So let me have it. Tell me how stupid I am."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:39 am

Fayla responded sheepishly that yes, it was the same girl. And it definitely seemed like she liked Fayla back. Umbra nodded, then let Fayla tell her everything about how the girl made her feel, noting a few things that seemed worthy. She let Fayla finish speaking, waving away her apology. "It's fine, its what I asked for." She said before considering the information. "Well, first I'd say you're probably the type who only like girls. Don't take my word for it though. If you know anyone like that, ask them. I'm attracted to both equally. Though mostly heanta. Considering where I grew up humans wouldn't really get a choice in the matter and I'm not that kind of person." She explained.

Then considered the next part. "She sounds amazing, but I think what might be hindering you is the fact that you're letting those feelings overwhelm you. You know she likes you, so you really just need to calm down and let things happen as they come. You don't want to force it, or wait too long. Next time you see her, ask her out. We can practice if you like. Describe this girl to me in detail, and I'll show you why I don't actually look like a heanta." She said. Let Fayla collect her thoughts and make a dicision.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:16 am

Fayla smiled in exhaustion when she finished and Umbra waved her apology for rambling away. The Heanta considered her words for long moments, before speaking clearly and carefully. She submitted that Fayla seemed like the type to only like girls, though seh wasn't a hundred-percent sure, to which Fayla stroked her chin in thought. "It does make sense I suppose. I always thought I was being stupid because I'm young, at least for an Eldari. Maybe you're right. Is that bad, if I do like only girls... that way?" Umbra then told her that she herself was attracted to both genders equally, though it was mostly Heanta as Kyrias wasn't exactly a racially diverse area, and the Humans in the region were mostly slaves, which Umbra would never do. Fayla nodded. "That's good. I appreciate you telling me all of this. You've only just met me and you're being really nice to me. Normally Heanta try to eat me, except Vala of course."

Umbra then continued her analysis. The Heanta noted that Lilian sounds amazing, before submitting that it was the Eldari's own fears and insecurities that were overwhelming her and stopping her from moving forward. Fayla nodded and listened intently as Umbra went on to offer what she though Fayla should do. She said that Fayla just needed to remain calm and let things progress as they should, but warned her against either forcing it or waiting too long. Umbra advised Fayla to ask Lilian out next time she saw her, before offering to be a practice model for her. Fayla's eyes widened, but then she relaxed as she remembered the advice Umbra had just given her. "Okay, I guess." Umbra asked Fayla to describe Lilian to her in as much detail as she could, and the Eldari nodded. She didn't have to think long, as Lilian's beautiful face was burned into her memory. Fayla gave an extremely accurate description of Lilian, a bit too accurate than any description should be, right down to the scars Fayla had seen on Lilian's body in her house. She then folded her hands patiently and waited with an expectant and also worried look on her face.

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:58 am

Umbra smiled. "Pft, no. Honestly, girls are way more fun." Umbra said. "Hey, its no problem. You're being just as nice to me. I haven't met any other Eldari, but I bet if I did they'd probably try to stab me instead of hearing me out like you did." Umbra said. Fayla didn't say much as Umbra spoke, deep in thought as she was. She looked a little worried nervous as she agreed to Umbra's suggestion. Umbra listened to every detail Fayla told her about Lilian, but mainly focusing on the colors and ears. When she was done, Umbra nodded closed her eyes. She shook her hair, brown spreading from the roots to the tips and her skin began to lighten until it matched the sunkissed hues. When her eyes opened they were the same blue fayla had described.

"That's as close as I can get without seeing her myself." Umbra said. "This is how I've been avoiding notice in the freelands. Of course it doesn't stop bandits or heanta but Its not my only power. They are.. Similar." She Added "Ok, I'm Lilian. Ask me out." Umbra said, looking into Fayla's eyes and sitting back with a slight smile, waiting to see Fayla's reaction. She didn't know how well she'd done or if it would really even help, but beyond telling her about a few.. Techniques.. And more advice, there was nothing else Umbra could do to help.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:49 pm

Umbra scoffed when Fayla expressed her worry about liking girls, even going so far as too say that girls are way more fun anyway. Fayla relaxed and smiled happily, the acceptence that Umbra displayed offering her much comfort. Umbra then accepted the thanks from Fayla for being nice to her, saying that the Eldari was being nice to her too and noting that other Eldari probably would have stabbed her by now instead of listening to her. When Fayla agreed to Umbra's idea and offered her creepily accurate recollection of Lilian's appearance, Umbra began to work her magic. The Heanta closed her eyes, and her appearance began to change before Fayla's very eyes. Her hair and skin color changed to match Lilian's description, though her facial structure remained the same as it had been already. She opened her eyes to reveal blue irises in the same hue as what Fayla had described. Besides the general shape of her face, Umbra's impression of Lilian was hauntingly accurate, though there was a slightly different expression than Fayla would normally associate with Lilian.

Umbra revealed that this power was how she got by in Free Lands without being identified as a Heanta. The Heanta looked at Fayla expectantly, telling her to ask her out. Fayla gulped with apprehension. Though Umbra didn't look exactly like Lilian, she was beautiful in a different way, and her experience added to Fayla's apprehension. But she wanted to get better and learn, so she drew up all of the bottle she could muster, and locked eyes with Umbra. "Hey Lilian... nice day, huh?" Faylafrowned to herself. What a dumb line. She shook her head quickly and resumed. "Anyway, I was wondering... maybe... if you wanted... no pressure! But if you wanted to maybe..." She suddenly leaned over the table and kissed Umbra on the mouth, before sitting back down and staring wide-eyed at the Heanta. "Oh... um.... I think I skipped a few steps..." The Eldari lowered her gaze and began to sulk. "This is really hard..."

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenke Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:12 am

Fayla locked eyes with Umbra as she seemed to mentally prepare herself. Umbra watched passively as Fayla began speaking with a line about the weather. Not a good start, considering they were already friends. Then she stumbled through several attempts to ask Lilian out, and seemed to be unable to complete the question. The Final step was to lean over the table and kiss Umbra full on the lips. Umbra was taken so off guard that she actually blushed as Fayla admitted that she though she might have skipped a few steps. "Your lips are really soft..." Umbra said then shook her head. "Right, that was.. A thing.." Umbra said.

She composed herself, then looked at Fayla again. "Ok. Let's go over what just happened. You know Lilian, so there's no reason to trip yourself up talking about the weather. Pretend the conversation's been going on for a while, there's a lull in the chit chat, and ask her." Umbra said. She smiled reassuringly. "Be confident, dont worry that you're going to pressure her. She'll say no if she doesn't want to, but look at you, who would say no to that." Umbra said, then cleared her throat. "Sorry. Right, go when you're ready. And please try not to kiss me. I like it, don't confuse me." Umbra smiled and waited.

Lilian Toral A-5 Human
Rowan Aratris E-1 Eldari
Asaka Tsuno A-5 Kijin

Character Roster
Zenke
Zenke
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Orgoth Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:03 am

Fayla sat in shock at what she had just done, and Umbra was equally as shocked by the sudden kiss. The Heanta seemed be in a daze, noting the softness of Fayla's lips, before shaking the cobwebs out and recollecting herself. Fayla blushed at the complement, and apologized. "Sorry..." Umbra righted herself quickly, before breaking down what had just happened. She started with Fayla's opening salvo, noting that Fayla didn't need to make small talk about the weather as she knew Lilian already. Fayla nodded thoughtfully. "True, true. Okay." Umbra then told her to pretend that they had already been talking, and that there was a gap for Fayla to jump in to ask her big question. Fayla nodded and took a deep breath.

"Okay. I get you." Umbra then tried to reassure her about her worry that she'd be pressuring Lilian, saying that Lilian would say no if she didn't want to, which caused Fayla to look horrified. "She'll say no?! But... but..." Umbra then finished by asking her who would say no to little Fayla, and the Eldari sighed with relief. "You nearly gave me a heart attack there." Umbra then told her to reset and go again, but told her not to kiss her, and Fayla nodded and composed herself. She closed her eyes, and imagiend if Umbra was actually Lilian, and also raced through everything Umbra had told her to this point. Then, in a sudden moment of clarity, Fayla opened herself completely, and knew exactly what to say. She opened her eyes and smiled at Umbra, and let her heart think for her.

"Hey there, Lilian. I was wondering if you wanted to um... wanted to grab some dinner with me? You know, just the two of us?" Completely lost in the moment, Fayla reached forward and grapsed Umbra's hands gently in her own, and smiled serenely. "Honestly? I really like you, like, really like you. You're beautiful and funny and talented, and you're my dream girl. What do you say?" Fayla finished and just sat there silently, caressing Umbra's hands gently. Then, her brain reassumed control and she remembered where she was, and whose hands she was holding. She dropped Umbra's hands quickly and smiled sheepishly, her cheeks reddening. "Was that too much?"

Knightfall A-5 Heanta
Andreas Toral R-1 Human
Eliza Kor R-1 Asentari
Raya Nakamoto A-5 Kijin
Gohan Maedar A-5 Human
Orgoth
Orgoth
Admin
Admin

Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next